Expedia Logo

Expedia

5.4

aserbacher Tallahassee, FL

I always use Expedia when looking for the cheapest flights to book. I know I can count on Expedia to find the best flights. When flying to Cancun this summer, I used Expedia and knew I was getting the best bang for my buck.

Karen Torino Tallahassee, FL

Expedia is fantastic for finding vacation packages and things to do. I once had an issue with a hotel not preparing my room and they got it all figured out for me. Great website.

xabriah glenn-young Tallahassee, FL

Expedia helps me whenever I’m in need of travel it’s a 1 stop shop showing me hotels, airlines, and even rentals in any location I’m looking at and providing deals for all of them

Kori Travis FL

Expedia would find the best and cheapest flights that would get you to where you need to go. The site is easily accessible as well as giving you a lot of options to choose from

Eddie Rios Ogden, UT

Expedia offers tremendous value in cost and time savings. They are an easy site to find cheap travel options with great travel brands. The site can be trusted with your personal info and the reservations are fool proof-no mistakes. Great online portal to use for travel planning.

Brittany Wilkinson Herriman, UT

We booked a vacation to Cancun through Expedia after lots of comparing. on websites. We were thrilled with the travel arrangements. The hotel was great. The flight was great. It all worked out perfectly and we loved the price we paid. It was a great value and we'd do it again in a heart beat.

Claudia

Overall I like this side. It is easy to use, gives you great deals and bundles. As a former Travel Agent I know how to find things quicker and easier, but this side is a great alternative if you don't have your office tools on hand. I also like that most often you have a 24h reservation Periode. I don't like that even with this 24h they charge your credit card right away and if you need to cancel, you sometimes have to wait days before the money gets reimbursed. Over all a great side to work with

Wendy

I have had the most wonderful and affordable trips through this amazing site. I book everything thru them and I have no worries of missing flights, no car rental issues and transport to my favorite hotel, when I visit back East.

Jarrett Ingram Newport News, VA

Expedia is an excellent tool for me to use when planning trips. Very convenient to have best pricing for flights/hotel/car rental all in one place. Every place I have checked into has been just as advertised on Expedia, Its the only way I travel these days.

AJ & Maria Ferguson Riverton, UT

We travel a lot in state (Utah) for our daughters' mountain biking races. Expedia has helped find the best hotels for our budget and hotels that will accommodate our family of 6. They were great also when we all came down with the flu during a family vacation and had to return a day early. We were able to get a refund for our night we didn't spend at the hotel.

Whitney Stanko Smithfield, UT

Booked a hotel through the site. At first I was a little worried but once I got the confirmation email and confirmation from the actual hotel it was great. When we arrived at the hotel there was an Expedia guy who was there to help us and tell us about what all our cost included and other ways to book excursions. Super great company to book through

Anne Sainsbury Payson, UT

I love Expedia! Over the past 3 years I have been in Utah while my parents have been in Alabama. I have had the chance to travel to visit them often, but getting flights has been a challenge. Expedia has been a wonderful tool for me. I have had it track flights for me and monitor the change in pricing to help me find the best ticket for me. I would recommend this to anyone that is looking for tickets but does not have a large amount of time to spend on this. Great company. Great search capabilities.

Denise Niles, MI

Horrible experience. My reservations were showed as unpaid. Took 3 hours and 5 different phone calls to try and get my rental car fixed. Finally I had to get a refund from Expedia and pay for the car myself. What a joke Expedia customer service is!!

Tami Thurgood Herriman, UT

Expedia has helped me book several flights. Super easy to navigate and use to help plan any travel plans.

ExpediaSucks Hamilton, ON

0 Stars. What a garbage company. Worst customer service and service in general we have ever experienced. We would never give another penny to these crooks. We had to cancel a flight due to covid and now they are holding our money hostage and giving us an expiry date for OUR MONEY that means we can’t use it. Not only that they have lied to us numerous times and then wasted hours of our time on phone calls. Absolutely horrible and we will never use them again. They also love to hang up on you after you spend hours waiting on hold.

Johnny T Oshawa, ON

We called their service line to make a flight change. After hours on hold, and being forwarded to many different places, their agent booked the flight. We found the next morning, when we were doing the checkin - THEY BOOKED THE WRONG TIME! We spent hours on the phone trying to fix it, when eventually the agent told us to just book the flight ourselves directly from the airline. THEY KEPT OUR MONEY!! NEVER EVER USE THIS COMPANY

LeAnn Baytown, TX

I have used Expedia to book many flights and hotels. Their app is great! Their prices are great! And I like their loyalty program perks.

Didodano Redmond, WA

Soon-to-be-bankrupt Expedia. Do not trust Expedia to stand by the customer. They have outsourced their customer service and only care about profits now. What a joke. Also, I've reported Expedia to the Department of Transportation. If you have any issues, reach out to the DOT and Expedia will get back to you in no time. Expedia actually responded in 6 hours. Record time. Wow!

Gary Garneau Jr Denver, CO

I cancelled our reservations right away and when I say right away it was within 2 hours of booking. Had to call around to the airlines and such to get things resolved. Still waiting for the hotel stay to be refunded. They are not helpful at all! Horrible customer service ever!!!!!! I didn’t realize it before but looking at the reviews I’ve realized I’m not the only one that feels this way! They are not helpful at all and even 1star rating is way more than they are deserving of. They do not help you with your issues at all. To get in contact with an agent you have to wait several hours and I’m taking 7hr+. I have called multiple times, with the agent ending the call before a resolution can be configured. Agents are rude. Agents end your calls. Calls are ended before even discussing a resolution. By far the worst customer service ever! Do not do business here. I have called and no one is available to speak with you! I waited and waited to speak with someone and asked for a call back when it asked if I wanted one through the automated system because it was going to be 7+ hours on hold. Still didn't get a call back. Went on vacation and came back still noting. It has been almost two months and finally called back again only to have to call the hotel figure out who I spoke with what they do there and if they are willing to credit me back for the stay that was cancelled right away, mind you when I called the hotel the first time they said that they do not charge you until you show up and pay them for they intended stay. Now Expedia is hold my money ransom until they do there investigation. Not right at all when it clearly was stated that if you cancel within 24 hours you get a full refund. They better get me my money back! Can not give less then 1 star I would if i could.

Michael Pistone Simi Valley, CA

I booked a flight on July 27 for and August 4th trip. Expedia said that I can change the flight anytime or cancel for a full refund 24 hours prior to the flight. I did change my plans and using the Expedia website on July 29th. When I looked, on July 30th, at my credit card I saw that they had not issued a credit to my Visa card for the flight that I had changed (and already taken). I called and spoke to someone and they said that I have booked a new flight and not changed my original one. I explained that I most certainly used their "change travel" web option (why else would it ask me for the original itinerary number. ). So I told her "whatever", since you have full refund cancellation if 24 hours prior, just cancel the flight and refund me. She keep telling me that I booked the flight on the 27th so I couldn't cancel. I told her several times that it doesn't matter when I booked it - I am cancelling well within the 24 hour prior period. She refused to refund my credit card so now it's in the hands of Visa - but I'm not paying for the flight that I changed on their site. Do yourself a favor and stay away from Expedia - just a horrible experience.

Jennifer Lang Charlotte, NC

Our flights were cancelled due to Covid and we have not been able to use the $1,000 in credits Expedia owes us. We have literally spent hours on the phone over 6+ months trying to use out credits. Even got an email from them telling us the credit balance. Two different times we've tried to use them. The flights would get booked and then two days later they show up as cancelled. They never call back when they tell you a manager will call you. It is just the absolute worst customer service. They are thieves and have stolen our money. The worst part is there is no recourse. I've read so many reviews with people having the same issues. Do yourself a favor and book directly with the airlines.

Elias Kurban Springville, UT

Expedia charged my credit card for a room reservation at hotel that was completely booked. When I arrived at the hotel and headed they were booked, they apologized profusely, immediately cancelled the booking on their end, and said to contact Expedia for a refund. I tried calling and chatting Expedia for 3 days, was put on long holds of up to 39 minutes, and was disconnected 4 times. Their virtual chat feature was a useless bot. When I finally got an agent on the phone, he was likely in the Philippines, had limited English skills, and a thick, hard to understand accent. He tried to tell me the booking was non refundable and he couldn’t issue a refund. I had to repeat multiple times that the hotel was already booked and Expedia erroneously made the reservation and charged my card. He tried to say I had to contact the hotel for a refund. I told him no, the hotel canceled it on their end and told me to contact Expedia. The Expedia rep then said he would need to email the hotel to verify that the hotel was booked and get a waiver to issue a refund. He said that could take several days. I was shocked—this is an online booking company in the 21st century and that’s the best they could do? I then conferenced in the hotel with the Expedia rep on the line. The hotel clerk confirmed that they had canceled the reservation 3 days ago and that Expedia had to issue the refund. Finally, the Expedia rep had to agreed to issue the refund. The Expedia rep had no answer for why they charged my credit card and booked me for a hotel that had no availability. Expedia tried to steal my money, and if I hadn’t conference called the hotel they would’ve succeeded. This was the worst customer experience I’ve ever had. I will never trust or use Expedia again.

Finley Twentynine Palms, CA

I had booked a flight with them six months ago, this flight was 'cancelled' unexpectedly and I ended up having to purchase a completely different set of tickets for a significantly larger amount of money. This was a huge bummer obviously but I was just happy to have a flight. Today, I got an urgent text and email from the company saying of of my connecting tickets had been cancelled and to call immediately if I still wanted to travel. Since I had done this process before I was prepared to sit on the phone to be able to get a new flight. The first time I called I was told there would be upwards of a 7 hour wait to speak to someone, I accidentally hung up & then immediately called again and was put on the line with someone. I stay on this call for a half an hour just to be told that my flight is cancelled and there is nothing they can do because there are no flights whatsoever to my destination in the days before or after my original departure. They tell me I can can call them back in 24 hours and maybe a flight will open up. I decided to check expedias website to see if i could manually find myself a new flight home, to my surprise there are an abundance of tickets to my destination & on my desired date, the only difference is that they are more than double my original price. I called the airline & the man on the phone very clearly told me that my flight has never been cancelled & that it is one of their most common flights and they run many per day. Basically saying expedia completely made up the cancellation. I think that this is an extortion scheme to get people to buy new tickets for more money, I also believe they lied about my original flight being cancelled & I fell for it. All in all, DO NOT USE THIS PROGRAM THEY ARE EXTORTIONISTS AND SHOULD BE INVESTIGATED.

Liza Sotchenko Parkville, MD

Do NOT use this website! I KNOW its super convenient but IT'S NOT WORTH IT! I booked my stay with them for this past weekend. Upon arrival 5+ people were in a designated complaint area and while we were checking in two people beside us were also cancelling their rooms. The hotel was nothing like the pictures. There was urine, cigarettes, trash everywhere. The room had BLOOD, STAINS, HAIR EVERYWHERE!! As soon as my infant son touched the bed and I saw that I nearly threw up. I instantly grabbed my kids, went back to the check in and cancelled. They told me they cant cancel anything but the $30 fee and I have to do everything else through Expedia. Not only did I have to hold all together for over an hour but I also was DENIED A FULL REFUND because that's not their policy. I would of understand HAD the situation been different BUT NO! They want to penalize me for wanting A SAFE AND CLEAN ENVIRONMENT FOR MY PREGNANT SELF AND MY YOUNG CHILDREN?!?! HOW RIDICULOUS! I now have to wait 7-10 days for a refund which lord knows if I'll even get so now I'm out over $1000.

abused customer Seattle, WA

You cant call someone there right now. Now they say iys harder to talk to person because more people are traveling so expect longer than normal wait times. It was impossible before anyway. The fact that they just want to take your money and not provide any help after that means this is a horrible company. Their website often sends you someplace else to get you to sign up for other things. Just now i tried to find the hotel i like and even typed the name of it in their search box and it will only show me the $495 a night hotels. This used to be an ok site but now they have done away with customer service and ruined their own site to where it noblonger works and they want you as a customer? It will not suprise me to see this company out of business in the next month or two And they should be. This is what happens when a business enacts so many anti customer policies like expedia has it call financial suicide. Will be a good day when these idiots learn their lesson

Naphtali Elise Campbell Louisville, KY

Booked 4 flights on June 1st @ 11:50 p.m. Called in to change and or cancel flights on June 2nd @2:30 after the messaging service told me I'd needed to discuss it with a representative. Was on hold for 1 hour 45 min before I took the call back option. NEVER Received a call back. I called in June 3rd @8:00 a.m. FINALLY got connected to a representative who informed me that since it had been past 24hours THERE WAS NOTHING THEY COULD DO! THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS STOLEN DUE TO A PETTY SCAM OPERATED COMPANY. Travel insurance is a joke. I purchased basic economy, and with those you can't change or upgrade your tickets. This company is filled with disgusting thieves and a script. I will never go through a 3rd party site again.

Lindsey Priday Eagle Mountain, UT

Expedia is terrible to work with! Do not travel with them if you can avoid it at all costs! We had booked a flight over a year ago, and we were supposed to travel back in August of 2020. I had a medical condition come up, and I was advised by my doctor not to travel. With covid, and my doctors guidance, I requested my flight to be cancelled and refunded. When I booked this flight, I was told that it was 100% refundable. Here we are nearly a year later and Expedia won't do a single thing for us! We have had the run around and been told that we would receive a refund on several occasions, but still have not received anything. These guys are scam artists, and will find a way to take your money! Do not travel with Expedia!

Donald N. Ricedorff Nipomo, CA

In my opinion, they should change their business motto to, "Company of lies and broken promises!" I have waited for months for a refund, after receiving confirmation from the airline that we would receive a refund n October 2020. In February after numerous calls, Expedia sent an email telling us that the refund had been approved, and we would be receiving it in 7-10 days. In May, after many more calls, they confirmed the refund was sent to our bank, which was a lie. Now it is the end of June and we still don't have a refund. The customer service department almost always tells me they will follow up and call me the next day, and it never happens. This week, I was promised that an individual was working on it, and to hold. She also told me she would call me back if we were disconnected. After being on hold for an hour, the call was disconnected, and I never heard back. Lies, lies, and more lies. I have never seen a more disfunctional customer service department. I hope someone senior in the company reads this post, because they will not be able to refute it, and perhaps they can change their business model.

John P Norristown, PA

we booked a package of air, hotel, shuttle to mex june 7 to june 12. everyone was ok till we couldn't contact the shuttle company for a ride to the airport - 4 hour wait times from expedia to return a call - having to type in a 13 digit itinerary number just for them not to hang up on you. the shuttle company wouldn't answer the phone - did not pick us up from the hotel to the airport. after 3 days of annoying phone attempts figured just take a cab and get a refund but oh no....expedia emails back they won't refund because thats what the shuttle company told them. avoid expedia at all costs avoid the shuttle company 'mexico travel solutions'at all costs.

David Streit Pasadena, CA

I've used Expedia for many years but they have gotten worse and worse. I'm through with them! I booked a flight from LA to Cedar Rapids, IA that I had to cancel last year due to COVID. I booked the flight at the same exact rate as last year. My credit will cover the entire amount. However, when I went to apply the credit I received a message that I had to call them to apply the credit. I called and received a message that the wait was 2 hours! However, I chose the option to have them call me back. Two and a half hours later their system called. However, I had to hold for a good 15 minutes. The agent that assisted me was very nice but had to go through Expedia's process. First, they can not apply the credit to a current reservation? They canceled the reservations that I made but when they re-booked me I was informed that the price had gone up in the last 15 minutes!!! They would not honor my reservation. Asked for a manager. Was told no supervisors or managers work on Sunday (what!). On top of all of the above, the process for them to make the reservation and apply my credit took over 45 minutes. I'll use them to shop for prices but I'll never book through them again.

Zulma Williams Punta Cana, 22

When you book a vacation to a country you’ve never been, you trust the agency through which yate booking. Big mistake. I was looking for vacation packages to Punta Cana in the D.R. When I typed “Punta Cana”, I expected flights and hotels from Punta Cana, right? Wrong! As soon as I came out of the airport, I learned that our hotel was 2+ hours away! I had to pay a very expensive taxi which didn’t even have a/c. When I tried to contact Expedia, I was told that I knew what airport they were sending me. Yes, I did know the name of the airport but how in the world was o supposed to know that it was very far away! Of o book a trip in a package, I am expecting to fly to the same city as the hotel. No accountability whatsoever. Do not use Expedia at all!!!!

Max Cable Akron, OH

Of you are not app savy just call the hotel company. I booked two nights in Reno for the wrong date. When I got there there was no room available and I had to use credit card to get another place out ten miles with an taxi. Then instead of getting a refund they said I no-showed which yea I didn't have enough money or time to stay the days wrongly corrected. So buyer beware if you are traveling and hit wrong button accidently it's your problem not theirs!

Emily Crawfordville, FL

Expedia makes it easy to book anything but I have found that often they do not give me the best price on hotels. I have compared prices on hotel websites before and gotten them for cheaper. I have also experienced several issues with their customer service department which is a mess in general. And their rewards system is not that great, you have to spend at least $1000 in order to get $10 off.

Mickey Mangum Long Beach, MS

I've used expedia for several vacations and the deals are really good. The only downside is you are sometimes charge resort fees on site they don't mention. Also, the cheaper rooms will be upper floors at the end of hallways (lesser desirable rooms).

Breanna Jones Salt Lake City, UT

I have found good deals for hotels here. I like when they provide free cancellation or they don't make you pay until you arrive at the hotel. I think their prices are pretty comparable to other sites like them but I always make sure to check here when I travel.

Luke D Manama, 13

liars, terrible customer service. don't waste your time book your flight directly with the airline. Save yourself all the hassle.

Stephanie Byrd Miami, FL

Expedia is an amazing service for travel. I would say this is an awesome startup site for those beginner travelers, like myself. Traveling and planning trips can be an excruciating process but Expedia makes it easy. I planned a whole trip to Puerto Rico with the help of Expedia. You can book flights, resorts, cruises, excursions, and many more!

Karli American Fork, UT

We use Expedia to book all of our hotels when we are traveling. We've always had a good experience. They have great rates and easy cancellation policies and allow you to edit your trip if things come up as well. Great resource with tons of great options for travel.

Wendy Smullin Logan, UT

Expedia is the best place to book your flights, cars and hotels all on one spot. The ease of navigation on the website is fantastic. Expedia offers a lot of options in various price ranges giving you the ability to find just what fits your needs and budget.

JMeyer Somerset, WI

This is generally my go to place for travel. They do have ways of making bundle deals affordable, but sometimes affordable means lacking, read all accommodations reviews and check the hotel website, before booking. I have been disappointed a few times because I choose most affordable instead of Expedia’s choice. Expedia does give ratings for accommodations, use them.

Eric Wilkinson Herriman, UT

I like to price and plan our family vacations. Expedia makes it easy to see what we need to budget for our trip and if we can afford to take the kids or if we have to leave them at grandma's. It's really easy to see how much air and hotel will cost.

Irinna Danielson Riverton, UT

I first started using Expedia to book air travel, and while I still do use it to find cheap flights, I've been impressed with the hotel deals feature on the site. I now find myself logging in to find good deals on hotels when we're going on vacation. It's easy to use, it's nice to see comparative prices in one spot, and it's a nice one-stop shop to take care of all my travel needs.

take7 Cheyenne, WY

It does what it’s supposed to do. It gets a bit crowded and I feel like too much info coming at me all at once but there are times when I do need all that. Reviews on there helps with searching too. Free and accurate service haven’t had a problem with using Expedia.

Stephanie Love Herriman, UT

I’ve used Expedia a few times for my travel needs. The site is very user friendly and it can set up your entire trip from airline tickets, to car rentals, to hotels, to transportation, etc...the even offer monthly payments to pay for your trips. I’ve been very happy with my purchases thru Expedia.

Brenda Horne Orem, UT

Expedia is where I always go when I put together a vacation package--flight, car, hotel. They have a user-friendly online format to see what is available, and their costumer service representatives have always been very helpful when I've had additional questions.

Garrett Mingus Provo, UT

I booked my honeymoon through Expedia and was very impressed with how much money we were able to save. By bundling airfare and hotel I saved money and the whole process was much easier then I was expecting. Really happy with my experience.

Paige Baldwin Wellsville, UT

We used Expedia for our recent vacation and loved it. The prices were very affordable and we loved all the extra add ons that came with us booking through them. They were very helpful and did their best to make our stay the most enjoyable.

susie Kaysville, UT

i have used expedia recently. and i loved it. me and my friends got some cheaper deals. and the service is so good too. we got some cool little excursions that came with it too and it was so nice to have those too. and very cheap too.

Haley Baldwin

I recently booked a hotel through Expedia and I loved it! My stay came with many added perks because of it and they got me such a great deal. They were also so helpful and their customer service was great. They checked on us throughout our stay. I will use Expedia again.

Sierra Beck Herriman, UT

I was on a trip and had to get a last minute hotel for the night. I was looking on a ton of sites and Expedia had the best value. It was late and in Las Vegas and so much was full but I was able to find a hotel and the booking process was simple.