Expedia Logo

Expedia

5.7

Naphtali Elise Campbell Louisville, KY

Booked 4 flights on June 1st @ 11:50 p.m. Called in to change and or cancel flights on June 2nd @2:30 after the messaging service told me I'd needed to discuss it with a representative. Was on hold for 1 hour 45 min before I took the call back option. NEVER Received a call back. I called in June 3rd @8:00 a.m. FINALLY got connected to a representative who informed me that since it had been past 24hours THERE WAS NOTHING THEY COULD DO! THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS STOLEN DUE TO A PETTY SCAM OPERATED COMPANY. Travel insurance is a joke. I purchased basic economy, and with those you can't change or upgrade your tickets. This company is filled with disgusting thieves and a script. I will never go through a 3rd party site again.

Lindsey Priday Eagle Mountain, UT

Expedia is terrible to work with! Do not travel with them if you can avoid it at all costs! We had booked a flight over a year ago, and we were supposed to travel back in August of 2020. I had a medical condition come up, and I was advised by my doctor not to travel. With covid, and my doctors guidance, I requested my flight to be cancelled and refunded. When I booked this flight, I was told that it was 100% refundable. Here we are nearly a year later and Expedia won't do a single thing for us! We have had the run around and been told that we would receive a refund on several occasions, but still have not received anything. These guys are scam artists, and will find a way to take your money! Do not travel with Expedia!

Donald N. Ricedorff Nipomo, CA

In my opinion, they should change their business motto to, "Company of lies and broken promises!" I have waited for months for a refund, after receiving confirmation from the airline that we would receive a refund n October 2020. In February after numerous calls, Expedia sent an email telling us that the refund had been approved, and we would be receiving it in 7-10 days. In May, after many more calls, they confirmed the refund was sent to our bank, which was a lie. Now it is the end of June and we still don't have a refund. The customer service department almost always tells me they will follow up and call me the next day, and it never happens. This week, I was promised that an individual was working on it, and to hold. She also told me she would call me back if we were disconnected. After being on hold for an hour, the call was disconnected, and I never heard back. Lies, lies, and more lies. I have never seen a more disfunctional customer service department. I hope someone senior in the company reads this post, because they will not be able to refute it, and perhaps they can change their business model.

John P Norristown, PA

we booked a package of air, hotel, shuttle to mex june 7 to june 12. everyone was ok till we couldn't contact the shuttle company for a ride to the airport - 4 hour wait times from expedia to return a call - having to type in a 13 digit itinerary number just for them not to hang up on you. the shuttle company wouldn't answer the phone - did not pick us up from the hotel to the airport. after 3 days of annoying phone attempts figured just take a cab and get a refund but oh no....expedia emails back they won't refund because thats what the shuttle company told them. avoid expedia at all costs avoid the shuttle company 'mexico travel solutions'at all costs.

David Streit Pasadena, CA

I've used Expedia for many years but they have gotten worse and worse. I'm through with them! I booked a flight from LA to Cedar Rapids, IA that I had to cancel last year due to COVID. I booked the flight at the same exact rate as last year. My credit will cover the entire amount. However, when I went to apply the credit I received a message that I had to call them to apply the credit. I called and received a message that the wait was 2 hours! However, I chose the option to have them call me back. Two and a half hours later their system called. However, I had to hold for a good 15 minutes. The agent that assisted me was very nice but had to go through Expedia's process. First, they can not apply the credit to a current reservation? They canceled the reservations that I made but when they re-booked me I was informed that the price had gone up in the last 15 minutes!!! They would not honor my reservation. Asked for a manager. Was told no supervisors or managers work on Sunday (what!). On top of all of the above, the process for them to make the reservation and apply my credit took over 45 minutes. I'll use them to shop for prices but I'll never book through them again.

Zulma Williams Punta Cana, 22

When you book a vacation to a country you’ve never been, you trust the agency through which yate booking. Big mistake. I was looking for vacation packages to Punta Cana in the D.R. When I typed “Punta Cana”, I expected flights and hotels from Punta Cana, right? Wrong! As soon as I came out of the airport, I learned that our hotel was 2+ hours away! I had to pay a very expensive taxi which didn’t even have a/c. When I tried to contact Expedia, I was told that I knew what airport they were sending me. Yes, I did know the name of the airport but how in the world was o supposed to know that it was very far away! Of o book a trip in a package, I am expecting to fly to the same city as the hotel. No accountability whatsoever. Do not use Expedia at all!!!!

Fabiano Luz

Terrible! They introduced me to a Easirent where I got scammed and simply told me to set myself with them. Didn't even help! Not trustful at all.

Eddie Rios Ogden, UT

Expedia offers tremendous value in cost and time savings. They are an easy site to find cheap travel options with great travel brands. The site can be trusted with your personal info and the reservations are fool proof-no mistakes. Great online portal to use for travel planning.

Brittany Wilkinson Herriman, UT

We booked a vacation to Cancun through Expedia after lots of comparing. on websites. We were thrilled with the travel arrangements. The hotel was great. The flight was great. It all worked out perfectly and we loved the price we paid. It was a great value and we'd do it again in a heart beat.

Claudia

Overall I like this side. It is easy to use, gives you great deals and bundles. As a former Travel Agent I know how to find things quicker and easier, but this side is a great alternative if you don't have your office tools on hand. I also like that most often you have a 24h reservation Periode. I don't like that even with this 24h they charge your credit card right away and if you need to cancel, you sometimes have to wait days before the money gets reimbursed. Over all a great side to work with

Wendy

I have had the most wonderful and affordable trips through this amazing site. I book everything thru them and I have no worries of missing flights, no car rental issues and transport to my favorite hotel, when I visit back East.

Stephanie Byrd Miami, FL

Expedia is an amazing service for travel. I would say this is an awesome startup site for those beginner travelers, like myself. Traveling and planning trips can be an excruciating process but Expedia makes it easy. I planned a whole trip to Puerto Rico with the help of Expedia. You can book flights, resorts, cruises, excursions, and many more!

AJ & Maria Ferguson Riverton, UT

We travel a lot in state (Utah) for our daughters' mountain biking races. Expedia has helped find the best hotels for our budget and hotels that will accommodate our family of 6. They were great also when we all came down with the flu during a family vacation and had to return a day early. We were able to get a refund for our night we didn't spend at the hotel.

Whitney Stanko Smithfield, UT

Booked a hotel through the site. At first I was a little worried but once I got the confirmation email and confirmation from the actual hotel it was great. When we arrived at the hotel there was an Expedia guy who was there to help us and tell us about what all our cost included and other ways to book excursions. Super great company to book through

Anne Sainsbury Payson, UT

I love Expedia! Over the past 3 years I have been in Utah while my parents have been in Alabama. I have had the chance to travel to visit them often, but getting flights has been a challenge. Expedia has been a wonderful tool for me. I have had it track flights for me and monitor the change in pricing to help me find the best ticket for me. I would recommend this to anyone that is looking for tickets but does not have a large amount of time to spend on this. Great company. Great search capabilities.

Sierra Nixon Tallahassee, FL

I love Expedia because it allows me to find deals on high quality hotels and flights.

Emma Blue Ann Arbor, MI

They cancelled my flight without telling me. They told me airline went out of business and issued me a credit rather than a refund but get this, I can only use the credit on the same airline, yes the one that went out of business. Expedia is crazy bad.

Nicole Fuentes San Antonio, TX

I booked a hotel with Expedia a month ago. Today I was checking it and couldn’t find it anywhere. Turns out my reservations were canceled a week ago and Expedia didn’t even send me a notice to notify me of the cancellation. Spoke to customer service a guy named Juan and he was absolutely no help whatsoever. So now here I am a week before I need the hotel looking for one because Expedia couldn’t have let me know beforehand and because Expedia apparently let’s you book hotel rooms that aren’t available in the first place. DONT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH EXPEDIA, IT SUCKS.

Chris Sugar Land, TX

Be sure to read Expedia terms and conditions. You might not get refunded for a cancelation even if the hotel, airline, or etc offers one. It is better to use their site as a search and then go pay for the service directly to the provider. I rented a car then tried to cancel with Expedia. After several hours of being on hold I gave up and was charged. Even though I was at the counter at the rental car company they could not help me because I book through Expedia. Lesson learned for me and hope this helps someone else.

Mc Zi Brooklyn, NY

I tried to buy air tickets with my credits .. Unsuccessfully. I spent 4 !!!! hours in telephone conversations and there was no result. The first assistant to answer the phone was drunk, chewing something and a party was heard in the background. The assistant understood absolutely nothing - in the end I lost an hour. The second Assistant was on the phone with me for an hour, and when we got to the payment, he just hung up !!! Then history repeated itself. Disgusting service. My family and I will never use Expedia again. Disgusting !!!

Brennan Barnes Olympia, WA

Leaving for Palm Springs in the morning, logged onto our Expedia account to get flight info so we can check in. Found out we have no flight home. Called Expedia and were told Alaska cancelled our return flight. Asked why we weren't notified and were told the cancellation was pending. Asked what they were going to do about it and they said they would refund us our $140. To book a one way flight on another airline at this point will cost over $800

Lorena L Jacksonville, FL

Worst experience ever would never ever book via third party ever again. My grandma died I’m trying to use the credit for my aunts flight but there is nothing available and the things that are available are double the actual price on the airlines website they are literally charging a whole new flight so what is the point of the credit. Trying to call is impossible I called Friday at 7pm was told the hold time was 4 hours and was give a call back option received call Sat at 6 am and was just a horrible experience. Never ever again.

Veronica Santana Somerville, MA

There are two issues I want to report about Expedia: 1. A hotel booking confirmed on Expedia's end with constant reminders to me through my email about the trip, did not actually go through to the hotel. The hotel was able to book me another room, but the room we booked was why we were at that hotel in the first place. 2. Expedia's website misleads customers into thinking you can email them to report an incident, but the customer support pages are an endless loop with an email never listed. I can only assume, due to Expedia's size, that this is to de-incentive customers to escalate complaints to them by forcing you to call them (which is then its own gauntlet of being on hold). Issue 1 Expanded: I booked a stay at the Portland Harbor Hotel for April 10th-11th. The day before my trip I messaged the hotel through Expedia to ask about checking in earlier, if possible. The next day I was messaged back asking for a last name for the reservation. That seemed odd, since I was messaging them through my booking on Expedia. I then received a call when I was already in Portland that there was no reservation under my name, and that something happened on Expedia's site with my booking not going through. The hotel offered me another suite, but it did not have the amenities that had me book with this hotel in the first place. It was incredibly disconcerting to get a voicemail while already in Portland saying my room was never booked. I had been receiving messages from Expedia reminding me of my upcoming trip for weeks. And even in the relief of the hotel offering me another room (and a discount), it defeated the purpose of having chosen this hotel to not have the room I booked. The hotel is blaming Expedia, and I can't verify who fault it is because Expedia chooses to not actually list their email when they say they can be contacted that way. I now have to give Expedia more of my time and energy, because they refuse to actually provide a service. It's nonsensical that Expedia markets itself as being an easier way to book travel, when you can't even trust your reservation will go through and then have to go through the ringer just to have the matter dealt with. There is no pointing in using the site. The hotel actually said to me "It's good you messaged us about checking in earlier." I then had to think to myself, "Wow, we may have been stranded in Portland Maine with no where to stay, or after having paid for a room, paid for whatever was available somewhere else." This was a short weekend trip for my partner's birthday, after a year of not traveling. We thought it would be nice to ease ourselves into travel through a trip to Portland. Instead, our short time was taken up sorting out whether we even had a place to stay. And now, even after the trip, I am dealing with the stress of Expedia's either incompetent or duplicitous website not providing the email it is supposed to have.

MindyV Lubbock, TX

Expedia is a pretty decent travel website. But to be honest, they don't really save you as much money as they claim they do. If you compare their prices to the prices of a hotel or a flight, it's usually not much savings at all. Plus they don't ever have Southwest as an airline to choose.

Garrett Martin Austin, TX

DON'T BOOK 1ST CLASS WITH EXPEDIA - YOU WILL REGRET - Booked American Airlines 1st Class ($6k for the tickets, 3 hr flight) - no miles, paid full freight, same cost as AA website, thought it would be easier to book through expedia. - Made 1st stop in Dallas from Austin - Gate agent, when we were trying to board the plane: 'Unfortunately expedia did not confirm your first class seats, so ... you have a problem. We may be able to offer you seats in coach.' 20 min later after the flight was full, they 'squeezed us in - SORRY YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE BOOKED THROUGH EXPEDIA.' - FUNNY WHEN WE BOARDED THE FLIGHT, several AA employees sitting in first class. I'm guessing they did not book through Expedia. P.S. - Called customer service. Waited on hold for 30+ min. Blamed me for not working it out with the AA gate agent. Asked to speak with supervisor. Called me back at 2 AM. Sitting on hold now with Expedia for ... 45+ min ... THINK AGAIN if you are booking with Expedia, you will be 'worst' class treatment.

Noahespinola Boston, MA

I booked a $177 hotel room, but accidentally had to refresh the checkout page due to network issues. I did the booking again. I then checked my credit card and saw that I got double charged, I only received one booking confirmation. I called them and they said it is because of the refresh, but that the double charge was not showing up in their system, the customer service guy assured me and told me to "trust" him. I then called my card company and they opened a claim and refunded me, telling me the only way I would get the charge put on my card again, is if they disputed the claim, which I thought improbably since the dude told me that they had not double charged me in their system. Low and behold, they dispute the claim, saying that the double charge was legitimate, and I had the double charge put back on my card. I am currently on their customer service lines, angry and frustrated, having been on hold for a long time. Don't use this company, there are so many less shady options out there. I hope this helps someone avoid a situation like this.

Dave Spokane, WA

Expedia is my go-to site for comparison shopping for hotels and rental cars. It gives a great list of options and is easy to navigate. I don't book through Expedia anymore as I think it's easier to do cancellations if you've booked directly through the hotel or rental car company.

Max Cable Akron, OH

Of you are not app savy just call the hotel company. I booked two nights in Reno for the wrong date. When I got there there was no room available and I had to use credit card to get another place out ten miles with an taxi. Then instead of getting a refund they said I no-showed which yea I didn't have enough money or time to stay the days wrongly corrected. So buyer beware if you are traveling and hit wrong button accidently it's your problem not theirs!

Emily Crawfordville, FL

Expedia makes it easy to book anything but I have found that often they do not give me the best price on hotels. I have compared prices on hotel websites before and gotten them for cheaper. I have also experienced several issues with their customer service department which is a mess in general. And their rewards system is not that great, you have to spend at least $1000 in order to get $10 off.

Mickey Mangum Long Beach, MS

I've used expedia for several vacations and the deals are really good. The only downside is you are sometimes charge resort fees on site they don't mention. Also, the cheaper rooms will be upper floors at the end of hallways (lesser desirable rooms).

Breanna Jones Salt Lake City, UT

I have found good deals for hotels here. I like when they provide free cancellation or they don't make you pay until you arrive at the hotel. I think their prices are pretty comparable to other sites like them but I always make sure to check here when I travel.

Wilkshake Lehi, UT

I have used Expedia 3 times to secure hotel accommodations in California and Florida. I really appreciated having cost and comparison info as these were first time visits. There was not a charge and The reservations were made quickly and easily.

Eban Beltran Arlington, TX

Great travel site. I’ve always found good flights and hotels when I had to use them for vacations. Not my usual go to but I’ve never been disappointed by the deals that I bought there.

Sherry Bateman Port Coquitlam, BC

I use Expedia to book airline tickets, hotels and rental cars. The rates are competitive and I appreciate their cancellation policy, especially with Rental cars. I had some issue last March 2020 cancelling flights due to Covid (spent hours on hold on the phone), but eventually got through to customer service.

Jason Burt Riverton, UT

Our family has used Expedia multiple times to book our vacations! We just recently got back from a Florida trip and got a great deal on a hotel and rental car through Expedia. Everything has gone well with us in all of our experiences booking with Expedia and we will definitely use them again and recommend them to others!

Adam Simpson Provo, UT

I got a killer deal using Expedia for my honeymoon to Dana Point, Southern California. Highly recommend! Easy to use, good prices, very efficient for planning and securing a trip.

Trent Ewing Round Lake, IL

I have booked several vacations and business trips using Expedia. With several different travel sites out there, Expedia is simple to use and I tend to find the best rates through them. I have also been impressed with their costumer service!

Freddy V Layton, UT

Everytime I’m on a business trip, my boss gives me the company credit card and I always book through Expedia. Their mobile app makes it easy for me to book hotels in a couple of minutes. I love it

Valerie Beus Richland, WA

This is the travel site we use the most and have found our best deals through. Customer service can be a little bit of a hassle but they do try to help as best they can. It just sometimes takes some time. But we haven’t needed their help often.

Karli American Fork, UT

We use Expedia to book all of our hotels when we are traveling. We've always had a good experience. They have great rates and easy cancellation policies and allow you to edit your trip if things come up as well. Great resource with tons of great options for travel.

Wendy Smullin Logan, UT

Expedia is the best place to book your flights, cars and hotels all on one spot. The ease of navigation on the website is fantastic. Expedia offers a lot of options in various price ranges giving you the ability to find just what fits your needs and budget.

JMeyer Somerset, WI

This is generally my go to place for travel. They do have ways of making bundle deals affordable, but sometimes affordable means lacking, read all accommodations reviews and check the hotel website, before booking. I have been disappointed a few times because I choose most affordable instead of Expedia’s choice. Expedia does give ratings for accommodations, use them.

Eric Wilkinson Herriman, UT

I like to price and plan our family vacations. Expedia makes it easy to see what we need to budget for our trip and if we can afford to take the kids or if we have to leave them at grandma's. It's really easy to see how much air and hotel will cost.

Irinna Danielson Riverton, UT

I first started using Expedia to book air travel, and while I still do use it to find cheap flights, I've been impressed with the hotel deals feature on the site. I now find myself logging in to find good deals on hotels when we're going on vacation. It's easy to use, it's nice to see comparative prices in one spot, and it's a nice one-stop shop to take care of all my travel needs.

take7 Cheyenne, WY

It does what it’s supposed to do. It gets a bit crowded and I feel like too much info coming at me all at once but there are times when I do need all that. Reviews on there helps with searching too. Free and accurate service haven’t had a problem with using Expedia.

Stephanie Love Herriman, UT

I’ve used Expedia a few times for my travel needs. The site is very user friendly and it can set up your entire trip from airline tickets, to car rentals, to hotels, to transportation, etc...the even offer monthly payments to pay for your trips. I’ve been very happy with my purchases thru Expedia.

Brenda Horne Orem, UT

Expedia is where I always go when I put together a vacation package--flight, car, hotel. They have a user-friendly online format to see what is available, and their costumer service representatives have always been very helpful when I've had additional questions.

Garrett Mingus Provo, UT

I booked my honeymoon through Expedia and was very impressed with how much money we were able to save. By bundling airfare and hotel I saved money and the whole process was much easier then I was expecting. Really happy with my experience.

Paige Baldwin Wellsville, UT

We used Expedia for our recent vacation and loved it. The prices were very affordable and we loved all the extra add ons that came with us booking through them. They were very helpful and did their best to make our stay the most enjoyable.

susie Kaysville, UT

i have used expedia recently. and i loved it. me and my friends got some cheaper deals. and the service is so good too. we got some cool little excursions that came with it too and it was so nice to have those too. and very cheap too.