Expedia Logo

Expedia

8.5

LAST UPDATED: November 30th, 2021

Expedia was launched by Microsoft in 2001 and spun off as a multibillion-dollar company. Expedia is one of the world's largest booking services and has many subsidiaries that help customers set up travel plans. As an online travel agency, guests can book a variety of travel accommodations and vacation packages through the company’s website or the Expedia app.

In addition, Expedia was one of the first travel sites to accept Bitcoin, helping international travelers pay more easily with different types of currencies. Expedia also offers credit cards that don’t charge a foreign transaction fee, making them ideal for travelers.

Go directly to Expedia customer reviews

The Good

• Technology
  • Travel Accommodations
  • Features
  • Rewards Program
  • Travel Insurance

Technology

Expedia is one of the leading travel sites on the web and has helped thousands of travelers with their booking needs. Over time, the company has made innovations in the online booking space and its technology ultimately allows it to pull data and pricing information from thousands of traveling and airfare sites. These results are then presented to the traveler to compare, contrast, and book.

Travel Accommodations

Expedia seeks to ease the regular pains that come with travel planning by allowing customers to book all of their accommodations in one place. With Expedia, consumers can book flights, hotels, rental cars, cruises, and vacation packages either online or over the phone.

Review Icon

Customer Review: Karen from Tallahassee, Florida

"Expedia is awesome! I have found all the best traveling deals on Expedia. It makes planning for a trip so much easier since I can find flights, hotels, and more all in one."

Features

Aside from allowing travelers to book standard accommodations on its site, Expedia has also found a way to help travelers make booking a trip as straightforward as possible. Features that travelers may find useful during their research and planning time include the following:

• Triple points for using the Expedia mobile app to book travel accommodations
  • An easy-to-use website that features deals on airfare, car rental, cruises, and more
  • Packaged vacation deals that include options for the particular time of year
  • A user-friendly destination search tool that allows customers to select the components of their travel plans

Rewards Program

Another benefit of using the Expedia platform is access to its rewards program, which includes a number of membership benefits and no annual fee. The rewards program is broken down as follows:

• Three-tier rewards program (Gold, Silver, and Blue)
  • Earn a point for every dollar spent on flights, hotels, and activities
  • Earn 2 to 4 rewards points for every dollar spent on hotel and flight vacation packages, depending on the size of the package

Guests can qualify for tiers in the Expedia Rewards platform by booking a qualifying hotel room, rental car, airline ticket, or vacation package. Members can obtain Expedia gold status by booking 15 nights at hotels or other qualifying Expedia purchases. Guests can also sign up for the Expedia Rewards card or the Expedia Rewards Voyager card from Citi and enjoy gold status for the duration that they have the credit card.

Travel Insurance

While there are some exceptions, Expedia does provide travel protection. Travel protection plans depend on what is booked, but they are backed by the Transamerica Casualty Insurance Company. Ultimately, an Expedia travel insurance policy will cover up to the total cost of the vacation for trip cancellations and interruptions.

The Bad

• Website Ads
  • Complaints

Website Ads

Expedia's site contains several ads, which contribute to a text-heavy page and make it difficult to find information about deals and travel options.

Complaints

Expedia has received a number of complaints from consumers, most of which circle around the company's customer service. Many individuals have cited miscommunications and bad experiences when dealing with Expedia's customer service representatives.

The Bottom Line

Expedia offers up-to-date technology, several travel accommodations, a number of site features, a rewards program, and travel protection. However, the company has received many complaints about its customer service and its website contains several ads.

For a frequent traveler, it might be a good idea to take advantage of the Expedia Rewards card and the Expedia Rewards Program. For the less frequent traveler, the sheer amount of accommodations available on Expedia is definitely worth looking into.

View Best Travel Sites

3.4

Debora Paez Columbia, MO

When traveling outside the country for my first vacation abroad, Expedia made the process of booking a safe, budget friendly, and even luxurious hotel a possibility for us. We received the best deal possible, were able to reserve the perfect room, all in under an hour and a half on Expedia. When we arrived to our hotel, everything was as we had been told and seen on Expedia. If you were looking for a trustworthy company to help you plan your dream vacation, this is it.

Nashali Vescovacci Fort White, FL

I love this company because it provides me with the best deals for flights and hotels. It also lets you accumulate points you can use to get lower rates which is so helpful. The website is extremely easy to use and is my go-to website for vacations!

Emily Guareno Tallahassee, FL

When needing to book flights, they give you every range of prices that benefits you. Once you have booked your flight, they give you hotels with the best reviews and itineraries to go by. They help a lot and are very reliable needing to book you flights and hotels.

Angela Royalty Danville, KY

Room on Expedia website not as advertised. Within 24 hours I contacted Expedia to cancel remainder of reservation with partial refund. Expedia advised me to check out they would contact hotel. I checked out and then both Expedia and the hotel played hot potato with who had the authority to make this right. Expedia blamed hotel and hotel blamed Expedia while both said they really wished they could honor my request. Beware that once you check in to hotel through Expedia your window to cancel has closed and Expedia will only pay lip service. Do not expect being able to cancel or receive even a partial refund. I will never book with Expedia again. Hopefully, in sharing this experience, others won’t be duped by Expedia.

Maria Puckowski Stuart, FL

I booked flights and hotel with Expedia to have nice stay in Exuma Bahamas for me and my husband on November 9 till 14.We were so excited to spend 5 days in there.We are US citizens live in Florida,fully vaccinated .I started booking round trip flights tickets and hotel and had no warning ⚠️ and any additional information and Expedia didn’t stop me at any point purchasing my dream vacation. Flights were provided by Silver Airlines,very small local airline. Departure was from FLL International Airport.We make it on time and we were ready to be welcomed on board but when we showed them our vaccination card and Negative Covid test(just did the day before) and passports of course they ask for Health Visa,what nobody told me during this booking at Expedia at all.This is Bahamas requirement since October 2021 to get in to. Finally we were not allowed to get into the flight and left behind and sadly back home.Spending hours by hours to contact Expedia customer service with no luck of refund. I don’t understand why they let me spend $1,600.00 without notifying me that Bahamas has that kind of rules.When we were complained with the airlines officer about , she said you should be informed by the TRAVEL AGENCY in this case EXPEDIA!!! I used Expedia for so many years but now I’m done ✅. Stay away from them!!!

Luke Swierczynski Troy, MI

If you are too lazy to figure out the logistics of a quick trip and aren't super pressed for a cheap schedule. Expedia makes it super easy to coordinate everything you need on your trip from hotel, flight and car.

aserbacher Tallahassee, FL

I always use Expedia when looking for the cheapest flights to book. I know I can count on Expedia to find the best flights. When flying to Cancun this summer, I used Expedia and knew I was getting the best bang for my buck.

Karen Torino Tallahassee, FL

Expedia is fantastic for finding vacation packages and things to do. I once had an issue with a hotel not preparing my room and they got it all figured out for me. Great website.

Grace M. Columbia, MO

Expedia takes the stress out of travel booking. I was able to cancel a reservation the day before in a matter of minutes with no additional charges. Their automated customer service is super ahead of the game and actually beneficial, as opposed to most automated systems. They always show me the cheapest deals when compared to other travel sites too!

roberto arcia Columbia, MO

My experience with Expedia has been amazing. When it comes to travel, there are hundreds of options, so you have to keep your eyes open for the best possible options. Expedia makes traveling so easy, allows me to spend more time with my family which is something I truly appreciate.

Denise Niles, MI

Horrible experience. My reservations were showed as unpaid. Took 3 hours and 5 different phone calls to try and get my rental car fixed. Finally I had to get a refund from Expedia and pay for the car myself. What a joke Expedia customer service is!!

Cara Hayes Bridgewater, NJ

Do not use this website! I booked a flight with Expedia and purchased cancellation/change insurance (despite Expedia's promised free change within 24 hours of booking). I had a booking for a round trip from EWR->EYW with short layovers in-between. I then needed to change the date of my flights to the next day. I spent over 3 hours with a service agent on the phone. After losing 2 of the preferred flights I had looked up due to his "connection" speed the agent assured me he changed my booking to reflect EWR->MIA ->EYW and EYW -> CLT -> EWR. Adding the disclaimer it takes 24 hours for Expedia's itinerary to update to reflect the changes. 24 hours later checking my itinerary I was shocked the support agent failed to book the flight after the layover. Leaving me with a reservation for EWR > MIA one day and a return EYW > CLT. With no way to get to my destination *EYW or return back to *EWR. I attempted to call Expedia customer support but was unable to speak with a representative. I became stuck in a loop of an automated answering machine informing me they couldn't find my booking and disconnecting. Finally, I was able to get in touch with a virtual agent via the chat feature. They found me another flight with a 3-hour layover and asked me to put up over $1,000 dollars for the change fees (promised to be refunded in 6-10 business days). Unapologetically, Expedia took an additional 1.5 hours of my time, gave me a worse flight, and offered nothing to rectify the situation.

Raya Pool Stony Mountain, MB

DO NOT BOOK WITH EXPEDIA DO NOT BOOK WITH EXPEDIA! So frustrating! My flight was cancelled due to covid. The process to get a refund is a nightmare! First, there is no credit listed on either my Expedia or WestJet accounts (yet they claim it is there). Then they claim I can book a flight and use the money as long as I book it by a certain date. Why don't I get to pick when I use MY money up by??? The service/flight I was requesting, was not an option for me. I should have received a full refund the minute the flight was cancelled. Such a process! Also, other couples booked the same flight through Expedia AFTER I did, however, they miraculously have received a refund - yet I am still being told my option is to apply for an extension or refund. What a hassle!

xabriah glenn-young Tallahassee, FL

Expedia helps me whenever I’m in need of travel it’s a 1 stop shop showing me hotels, airlines, and even rentals in any location I’m looking at and providing deals for all of them

ExpediaSucks Hamilton, ON

0 Stars. What a garbage company. Worst customer service and service in general we have ever experienced. We would never give another penny to these crooks. We had to cancel a flight due to covid and now they are holding our money hostage and giving us an expiry date for OUR MONEY that means we can’t use it. Not only that they have lied to us numerous times and then wasted hours of our time on phone calls. Absolutely horrible and we will never use them again. They also love to hang up on you after you spend hours waiting on hold.

Johnny T Oshawa, ON

We called their service line to make a flight change. After hours on hold, and being forwarded to many different places, their agent booked the flight. We found the next morning, when we were doing the checkin - THEY BOOKED THE WRONG TIME! We spent hours on the phone trying to fix it, when eventually the agent told us to just book the flight ourselves directly from the airline. THEY KEPT OUR MONEY!! NEVER EVER USE THIS COMPANY

Rocio Diaz Tallahassee, FL

Another one of my favorite travel sites to use. Expedia has really great offers bundling flights, cars, hotels, and even experiences.

Agrevated Tampa, FL

Just got back from a long road trip. To book some of my hotels I used Expedia. Due to changes in my schedule I had to change some of my resorvations. Expedia was impossible to work with and I had to pick up 3 nights I didn’t even use. It took over 1 hr on Chat to change one booking. As I was waiting my phone rang and it was this forgin voice from Expedia asking me what I wanted. They asked me for my phone number?? I said you called me and they wanted my credit card the booking was made through. It was all very bizarre. After about 1 1/2 hr my reservation was changed but I was told it could not be canceled and I would have to pay anyway. I had 3 bookings that I ended up paying for that I didn’t use. For now on I pay more and book myself. No more Expedia

Phil Johnson Cranberry Township, PA

I booked a "transferable" trip USA to UK and paid $2,650. I had to cancel and rearrange the dates, and when I did the fare was $611 less. I was told the difference was only useable on the new booking due to the airline policy (Virgin Atlantic), so I asked to upgrade seats. I was told I would have to contact the airline directly. I did so and learned from Virgin that they had only been paid $2037 and the rest of my money remained with Expedia, and they told me "this happens frequently, and I would have to call Expedia to try and get a seat upgrade”. Expedia played dumb, and when I asked to speak to a supervisor, they held me on the phone for 44 minutes before dropping the line. Lies about "Airline Policy", and deliberate actions to pocket my remaining money. Never again Expedia!

Brittney Mac Gregor Louisville, KY

Expedia has been helpful to find last minute travel deals. The site is fairly easy to use and I even booked some tickets through the site. The only think that I didn't care for was the amount of pop ups when your trying to compare flights and hotels, etc.

Fabiano Luz

Terrible! They introduced me to a Easirent where I got scammed and simply told me to set myself with them. Didn't even help! Not trustful at all.

shawanna 8176 Chicago, IL

I've booked with exedia previously and I didn't have any problems but I booked with them recently and I canceled my reservations and they will not refund me my money back or give me a credit. I will NOT have any future reservations with them. They have completely lost me

Steven Rummler Centerville, UT

They allow searching a wide range of options, but at the cost of customer service. Booking through them severely limits options for working with the airline, hotel, etc.

Titus Holman Layton, UT

So, my wife and I book our rental car through Expedia on our last trip to Brazil. We arrived to the rental car agency approximately 1 hour after our scheduled arrival. We were subsequently refused the vehicle by the rental agency and told our reservation was cancelled. We were told that we could reschedule through Expedia. So, we called Expedia while standing in the agency lobby. We were told they couldn't reschedule or cancel the reservation. We asked for a refund because we were not receiving the service we paid for. A few days later we received an email that they couldn't reach the agency, which we never had any problem doing, and therefore were refusing to issue a refund. I spoke with a representative at Expedia that agreed that we had not violated their policy, but was still refusing to issue a refund. So even though we did everything the way we were suppose to, Expedia still refused to stand by their own policy and issue a refund. Safe to say I will neither use Expedia again, not will I ever recommend it to anyone other than the people I hate.

Bob New Windsor, NY

Made airline reservations and have twice been changed ( time and airport) by the airlines weeks before departure. No emergency situation of weather related problem cited.. Expedia has no say in what can be done re compensation or other considerations for the inconvenience and time to adjust our own travel plans. Now you know if you or I made as many changes we would be paying hundreds in penalties. What i have learned is that Expedia is simply a middle man with no bargaining power or leverage to protect and serve customers from the airlines' own abusive power to shift passengers around for their own business interests. Better to book with the airlines. Join their loyalty clubs and deal with the airlines directly. You may have a better chance of being helped

Tim Mattson Bethlehem, PA

We used Expedia to book a room at a hotel with trip protection. We had an issue where we had to cancel our plans well enough in advance but Expedia made it impossible to reach someone that could help. We called, we sent emails, and we followed Expedia's customer service requests. They asked us to contact the hotel, we did, and the hotel told us to contact Expedia because they were the only ones that could help us because they have our money. Expedia purposefully creates a catch 22 so they don't have to refund your money for services they never provided. I will never use Expedia and highly advise others to never use them too.

Kori Travis FL

Expedia would find the best and cheapest flights that would get you to where you need to go. The site is easily accessible as well as giving you a lot of options to choose from

Sierra Nixon Tallahassee, FL

I love Expedia because it allows me to find deals on high quality hotels and flights.

LeAnn Baytown, TX

I have used Expedia to book many flights and hotels. Their app is great! Their prices are great! And I like their loyalty program perks.

Didodano Redmond, WA

Soon-to-be-bankrupt Expedia. Do not trust Expedia to stand by the customer. They have outsourced their customer service and only care about profits now. What a joke. Also, I've reported Expedia to the Department of Transportation. If you have any issues, reach out to the DOT and Expedia will get back to you in no time. Expedia actually responded in 6 hours. Record time. Wow!

Gary Garneau Jr Denver, CO

I cancelled our reservations right away and when I say right away it was within 2 hours of booking. Had to call around to the airlines and such to get things resolved. Still waiting for the hotel stay to be refunded. They are not helpful at all! Horrible customer service ever!!!!!! I didn’t realize it before but looking at the reviews I’ve realized I’m not the only one that feels this way! They are not helpful at all and even 1star rating is way more than they are deserving of. They do not help you with your issues at all. To get in contact with an agent you have to wait several hours and I’m taking 7hr+. I have called multiple times, with the agent ending the call before a resolution can be configured. Agents are rude. Agents end your calls. Calls are ended before even discussing a resolution. By far the worst customer service ever! Do not do business here. I have called and no one is available to speak with you! I waited and waited to speak with someone and asked for a call back when it asked if I wanted one through the automated system because it was going to be 7+ hours on hold. Still didn't get a call back. Went on vacation and came back still noting. It has been almost two months and finally called back again only to have to call the hotel figure out who I spoke with what they do there and if they are willing to credit me back for the stay that was cancelled right away, mind you when I called the hotel the first time they said that they do not charge you until you show up and pay them for they intended stay. Now Expedia is hold my money ransom until they do there investigation. Not right at all when it clearly was stated that if you cancel within 24 hours you get a full refund. They better get me my money back! Can not give less then 1 star I would if i could.

Michael Pistone Simi Valley, CA

I booked a flight on July 27 for and August 4th trip. Expedia said that I can change the flight anytime or cancel for a full refund 24 hours prior to the flight. I did change my plans and using the Expedia website on July 29th. When I looked, on July 30th, at my credit card I saw that they had not issued a credit to my Visa card for the flight that I had changed (and already taken). I called and spoke to someone and they said that I have booked a new flight and not changed my original one. I explained that I most certainly used their "change travel" web option (why else would it ask me for the original itinerary number. ). So I told her "whatever", since you have full refund cancellation if 24 hours prior, just cancel the flight and refund me. She keep telling me that I booked the flight on the 27th so I couldn't cancel. I told her several times that it doesn't matter when I booked it - I am cancelling well within the 24 hour prior period. She refused to refund my credit card so now it's in the hands of Visa - but I'm not paying for the flight that I changed on their site. Do yourself a favor and stay away from Expedia - just a horrible experience.

Jennifer Lang Charlotte, NC

Our flights were cancelled due to Covid and we have not been able to use the $1,000 in credits Expedia owes us. We have literally spent hours on the phone over 6+ months trying to use out credits. Even got an email from them telling us the credit balance. Two different times we've tried to use them. The flights would get booked and then two days later they show up as cancelled. They never call back when they tell you a manager will call you. It is just the absolute worst customer service. They are thieves and have stolen our money. The worst part is there is no recourse. I've read so many reviews with people having the same issues. Do yourself a favor and book directly with the airlines.

Elias Kurban Springville, UT

Expedia charged my credit card for a room reservation at hotel that was completely booked. When I arrived at the hotel and headed they were booked, they apologized profusely, immediately cancelled the booking on their end, and said to contact Expedia for a refund. I tried calling and chatting Expedia for 3 days, was put on long holds of up to 39 minutes, and was disconnected 4 times. Their virtual chat feature was a useless bot. When I finally got an agent on the phone, he was likely in the Philippines, had limited English skills, and a thick, hard to understand accent. He tried to tell me the booking was non refundable and he couldn’t issue a refund. I had to repeat multiple times that the hotel was already booked and Expedia erroneously made the reservation and charged my card. He tried to say I had to contact the hotel for a refund. I told him no, the hotel canceled it on their end and told me to contact Expedia. The Expedia rep then said he would need to email the hotel to verify that the hotel was booked and get a waiver to issue a refund. He said that could take several days. I was shocked—this is an online booking company in the 21st century and that’s the best they could do? I then conferenced in the hotel with the Expedia rep on the line. The hotel clerk confirmed that they had canceled the reservation 3 days ago and that Expedia had to issue the refund. Finally, the Expedia rep had to agreed to issue the refund. The Expedia rep had no answer for why they charged my credit card and booked me for a hotel that had no availability. Expedia tried to steal my money, and if I hadn’t conference called the hotel they would’ve succeeded. This was the worst customer experience I’ve ever had. I will never trust or use Expedia again.

Finley Twentynine Palms, CA

I had booked a flight with them six months ago, this flight was 'cancelled' unexpectedly and I ended up having to purchase a completely different set of tickets for a significantly larger amount of money. This was a huge bummer obviously but I was just happy to have a flight. Today, I got an urgent text and email from the company saying of of my connecting tickets had been cancelled and to call immediately if I still wanted to travel. Since I had done this process before I was prepared to sit on the phone to be able to get a new flight. The first time I called I was told there would be upwards of a 7 hour wait to speak to someone, I accidentally hung up & then immediately called again and was put on the line with someone. I stay on this call for a half an hour just to be told that my flight is cancelled and there is nothing they can do because there are no flights whatsoever to my destination in the days before or after my original departure. They tell me I can can call them back in 24 hours and maybe a flight will open up. I decided to check expedias website to see if i could manually find myself a new flight home, to my surprise there are an abundance of tickets to my destination & on my desired date, the only difference is that they are more than double my original price. I called the airline & the man on the phone very clearly told me that my flight has never been cancelled & that it is one of their most common flights and they run many per day. Basically saying expedia completely made up the cancellation. I think that this is an extortion scheme to get people to buy new tickets for more money, I also believe they lied about my original flight being cancelled & I fell for it. All in all, DO NOT USE THIS PROGRAM THEY ARE EXTORTIONISTS AND SHOULD BE INVESTIGATED.

Liza Sotchenko Parkville, MD

Do NOT use this website! I KNOW its super convenient but IT'S NOT WORTH IT! I booked my stay with them for this past weekend. Upon arrival 5+ people were in a designated complaint area and while we were checking in two people beside us were also cancelling their rooms. The hotel was nothing like the pictures. There was urine, cigarettes, trash everywhere. The room had BLOOD, STAINS, HAIR EVERYWHERE!! As soon as my infant son touched the bed and I saw that I nearly threw up. I instantly grabbed my kids, went back to the check in and cancelled. They told me they cant cancel anything but the $30 fee and I have to do everything else through Expedia. Not only did I have to hold all together for over an hour but I also was DENIED A FULL REFUND because that's not their policy. I would of understand HAD the situation been different BUT NO! They want to penalize me for wanting A SAFE AND CLEAN ENVIRONMENT FOR MY PREGNANT SELF AND MY YOUNG CHILDREN?!?! HOW RIDICULOUS! I now have to wait 7-10 days for a refund which lord knows if I'll even get so now I'm out over $1000.

abused customer Seattle, WA

You cant call someone there right now. Now they say iys harder to talk to person because more people are traveling so expect longer than normal wait times. It was impossible before anyway. The fact that they just want to take your money and not provide any help after that means this is a horrible company. Their website often sends you someplace else to get you to sign up for other things. Just now i tried to find the hotel i like and even typed the name of it in their search box and it will only show me the $495 a night hotels. This used to be an ok site but now they have done away with customer service and ruined their own site to where it noblonger works and they want you as a customer? It will not suprise me to see this company out of business in the next month or two And they should be. This is what happens when a business enacts so many anti customer policies like expedia has it call financial suicide. Will be a good day when these idiots learn their lesson

Naphtali Elise Campbell Louisville, KY

Booked 4 flights on June 1st @ 11:50 p.m. Called in to change and or cancel flights on June 2nd @2:30 after the messaging service told me I'd needed to discuss it with a representative. Was on hold for 1 hour 45 min before I took the call back option. NEVER Received a call back. I called in June 3rd @8:00 a.m. FINALLY got connected to a representative who informed me that since it had been past 24hours THERE WAS NOTHING THEY COULD DO! THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS STOLEN DUE TO A PETTY SCAM OPERATED COMPANY. Travel insurance is a joke. I purchased basic economy, and with those you can't change or upgrade your tickets. This company is filled with disgusting thieves and a script. I will never go through a 3rd party site again.

Lindsey Priday Eagle Mountain, UT

Expedia is terrible to work with! Do not travel with them if you can avoid it at all costs! We had booked a flight over a year ago, and we were supposed to travel back in August of 2020. I had a medical condition come up, and I was advised by my doctor not to travel. With covid, and my doctors guidance, I requested my flight to be cancelled and refunded. When I booked this flight, I was told that it was 100% refundable. Here we are nearly a year later and Expedia won't do a single thing for us! We have had the run around and been told that we would receive a refund on several occasions, but still have not received anything. These guys are scam artists, and will find a way to take your money! Do not travel with Expedia!

Donald N. Ricedorff Nipomo, CA

In my opinion, they should change their business motto to, "Company of lies and broken promises!" I have waited for months for a refund, after receiving confirmation from the airline that we would receive a refund n October 2020. In February after numerous calls, Expedia sent an email telling us that the refund had been approved, and we would be receiving it in 7-10 days. In May, after many more calls, they confirmed the refund was sent to our bank, which was a lie. Now it is the end of June and we still don't have a refund. The customer service department almost always tells me they will follow up and call me the next day, and it never happens. This week, I was promised that an individual was working on it, and to hold. She also told me she would call me back if we were disconnected. After being on hold for an hour, the call was disconnected, and I never heard back. Lies, lies, and more lies. I have never seen a more disfunctional customer service department. I hope someone senior in the company reads this post, because they will not be able to refute it, and perhaps they can change their business model.

John P Norristown, PA

we booked a package of air, hotel, shuttle to mex june 7 to june 12. everyone was ok till we couldn't contact the shuttle company for a ride to the airport - 4 hour wait times from expedia to return a call - having to type in a 13 digit itinerary number just for them not to hang up on you. the shuttle company wouldn't answer the phone - did not pick us up from the hotel to the airport. after 3 days of annoying phone attempts figured just take a cab and get a refund but oh no....expedia emails back they won't refund because thats what the shuttle company told them. avoid expedia at all costs avoid the shuttle company 'mexico travel solutions'at all costs.

Jarrett Ingram Newport News, VA

Expedia is an excellent tool for me to use when planning trips. Very convenient to have best pricing for flights/hotel/car rental all in one place. Every place I have checked into has been just as advertised on Expedia, Its the only way I travel these days.

Hannah Barth Tallahassee, FL

Expedia is easy to navigate and I found what I needed at a good price.

Emma Blue Ann Arbor, MI

They cancelled my flight without telling me. They told me airline went out of business and issued me a credit rather than a refund but get this, I can only use the credit on the same airline, yes the one that went out of business. Expedia is crazy bad.

Olivia New York, NY

Scammers. The airline cancelled my flight and refunded Expedia. I called Expedia customer service many times and each time they promised me a full refund to my card with confirmation email within 24h of the call. No confirmation email ever came, and now it's 3 weeks later and I see flight credits have appeared in my account when they promised I would receive an actual refund and not flight credits. What's more, the $1000+ of credits are unusable when I click on them! Do not book anything through Expedia. They are complete scammers and the lure of a good deal is NOT worth it.

femmecreole1804 ss Stoughton, MA

Do NOT USE EXPEDIA Do NOT ever book any vacations, flights, hotels with Expedia. They have terrible customer service. They’re not based in the US. They’re in India. If you try to call them trying to change your reservation forget it. They will provide you with a bunch of misinformation. Do yourself a favor book directly with the airline and save yourself the headache.

Nicole Fuentes San Antonio, TX

I booked a hotel with Expedia a month ago. Today I was checking it and couldn’t find it anywhere. Turns out my reservations were canceled a week ago and Expedia didn’t even send me a notice to notify me of the cancellation. Spoke to customer service a guy named Juan and he was absolutely no help whatsoever. So now here I am a week before I need the hotel looking for one because Expedia couldn’t have let me know beforehand and because Expedia apparently let’s you book hotel rooms that aren’t available in the first place. DONT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH EXPEDIA, IT SUCKS.

Chris Sugar Land, TX

Be sure to read Expedia terms and conditions. You might not get refunded for a cancelation even if the hotel, airline, or etc offers one. It is better to use their site as a search and then go pay for the service directly to the provider. I rented a car then tried to cancel with Expedia. After several hours of being on hold I gave up and was charged. Even though I was at the counter at the rental car company they could not help me because I book through Expedia. Lesson learned for me and hope this helps someone else.

Mc Zi Brooklyn, NY

I tried to buy air tickets with my credits .. Unsuccessfully. I spent 4 !!!! hours in telephone conversations and there was no result. The first assistant to answer the phone was drunk, chewing something and a party was heard in the background. The assistant understood absolutely nothing - in the end I lost an hour. The second Assistant was on the phone with me for an hour, and when we got to the payment, he just hung up !!! Then history repeated itself. Disgusting service. My family and I will never use Expedia again. Disgusting !!!

David Streit Pasadena, CA

I've used Expedia for many years but they have gotten worse and worse. I'm through with them! I booked a flight from LA to Cedar Rapids, IA that I had to cancel last year due to COVID. I booked the flight at the same exact rate as last year. My credit will cover the entire amount. However, when I went to apply the credit I received a message that I had to call them to apply the credit. I called and received a message that the wait was 2 hours! However, I chose the option to have them call me back. Two and a half hours later their system called. However, I had to hold for a good 15 minutes. The agent that assisted me was very nice but had to go through Expedia's process. First, they can not apply the credit to a current reservation? They canceled the reservations that I made but when they re-booked me I was informed that the price had gone up in the last 15 minutes!!! They would not honor my reservation. Asked for a manager. Was told no supervisors or managers work on Sunday (what!). On top of all of the above, the process for them to make the reservation and apply my credit took over 45 minutes. I'll use them to shop for prices but I'll never book through them again.