Founded in 2005, CheapOair is a travel booking site with a unique search engine that allows users to search over 450 airlines simultaneously to find the best possible ticket prices. CheapOair offers 24/7 customer service and has been featured in the New York Times, the Huffington Post, and Travel and Leisure, among other publications.

Keep reading for pros and cons, plus CheapOair reviews from real customers.

#2 Airbnb chevron_right
#3 Expedia chevron_right
3.9

The Good

• Technology
  • Travel Accommodations
  • Search Engine Functionality
  • Reviews
  • Rewards
  • Customer Service Policies

Technology

CheapOair has created a platform that allows travelers to find affordable and complete vacation deals at a discounted rate. Through its innovative data collection technology, CheapOair gathers and filters travel information and presents the most applicable search results, making it easy for travelers to navigate and book their reservations.

Travel Accommodations

CheapOair allows travelers to book nearly every aspect of their pending travel online, over the phone, or through its mobile app. Those who use CheapOair to book their travel accommodations can reserve the following:

• Flights
  • Hotels
  • Car rentals
  • Cruises
  • Vacations packages

CheapOair gives its customers the ability to book online or over the phone, though users should know that a service fee may be larger if booked over the phone.

Search Engine Functionality

CheapOair's search engine functionality is one of the best in the industry. Many customers have reported that they saved money by using this functionality. Other site features that travelers may find useful include the following:

• Flight Watcher - Look for the cheapest flights at the most desirable departure/arrival times
  • Seat Selector - Pick and reserve your seat on designated flights with participating airlines
  • Trip Manager - After reserving trip accommodations, manage tickets and other booking details from a mobile device
  • Deal Browser - With mobile-exclusive deals, travelers can browse discounts on vacations and reservations

The site also offers a way to do a flight search with flexible travel dates. This feature helps users to find the best deal possible, three days before and after your selected departure or arrival date.

Reviews

Both CheapOair's online and mobile platforms allow users to read and conduct further research through the help of reviews. Reviews are left by travelers who have stayed in prospective hotels or traveled using specific airlines and can help customers narrow their search and find the best accommodations for their trip.

Rewards

Customers can earn travel discounts and gift cards by consistently booking with CheapOair’s rewards program. Once you sign up, there is a tiered rewards system. Users can earn more points per transaction, with each successive booking. They can even get $25 for referring a friend.

Rewards members get up to 20% off flights and up to 55% off hotel bookings, 6 times rewards points for every booking, an account history to easily reference your upcoming or previous reservations.

Shoppers planning to return should know that you can earn 2-6 times more points when you book through the mobile app.

In addition to the rewards program, a CheapOair credit card is also available to help earn points towards future airfare or reservations. Both options, the CheapOair Visa Credit Card and the CheapOair Visa Signature Credit Card issued by Synchrony Bank offer several benefits.

• Earn 1 Member Reward Point and 6 Credit Card Reward Points for every $1 spent with the card on CheapOair.com
  • 4 points for ever dollar spent on dining
  • 2 points for every dollar spent anywhere else

Six months special financing is also available.

CheapOair Visa:

• Lost luggage reimbursement
  • Trip cancellation/interruption
  • Travel accident insurance

Customer Service Policies

Price match promise: A price guarantee which allows users to make sure they are receiving the lowest prices on their travel itinerary. If you find a lower online price, the company will credit the difference on your next round trip air ticket or hotel reservation made through the website.

Flight & Hotel Inconvenience: If your flight is delayed for over an hour, you encounter baggage delays, or your luggage is lost, the company will issue each ticket holder a $5 coupon for future booking, up to 5 people.

The Bad

• Limited Car Models
  • Reward Restrictions
  • Customer Service & Service Fees
  • Cancellation Policy

Limited Car Models

CheapOair doesn't have many options available when it comes to rental car models. Most of the cars offered are economy class, which doesn't give customers the option to select a more luxurious vehicle if they would like to be a bit more comfortable during their ride.

Reward Restrictions

CheapOair does offer a rewards plan to those who enroll in its membership program (enrollment is free and can be done entirely online), but there are some restrictions and a point system that travelers should be aware of. The point system is broken down as follows:

• Flights: Earn 1 point per every $1 spent on flights
  • Hotels: Earn 3 points for every $1 spent on hotel rooms
  • Car rentals: Earn 3 points for every $1 spent on car rentals
  • Vacation deals: Earn 1 point for every $1 spent on trip "extras"

Points can be earned just for signing up (up to 500 points upon enrollment), but a high number of points is required in order to save on hotel reservations. Further, points can only be redeemed on certain hotel chain reservations.

Customer Service & Service Fees

Don’t get me wrong. We love that CheapOair has 24/7 customer service. The issue is that, while getting immediate, human-based assistance for your problem, you may rack up some fees. It costs more money to book over the phone than through the website, as well as a few other things, like cancelations. Trips booked over the phone may incur bigger service fees.

CheapOair charges service fees on their transactions:

• Air tickets: up to $35 per passenger, per ticket.
  • Hotel reservations: up to $32 per night, per room
  • Car rental up to $25, per rental

The service charges may be much more if you book over the phone with customer support, or choose certain vacation packages, upgraded business class and first class fare, or plan on multi-city airfare trips. Fees are also subject to change.

Cancellation Policy

CheapOair and its contractors charge a cancellation fee ranging from $100 to $250, making it very expensive to cancel bookings.

Most airline tickets available on CheapOair are non-refundable. It is up to the airline. If cancelation is approved, a credit can be put toward a future ticket. However, most of the time, this type of credit comes with an expiration date. So, if you don’t book within the proper time period, your refund is gone.

Additionally, most bookings and service fees are non-refundable after 24 hours

Trip protection can be canceled within 10 days of purchase if your travel hasn’t happened.

Within 24 hours of booking, customers can cancel $50 for domestic flights, $75 for international, first class, or business class. After 24 hours, economy tickets cost $50 to cancel with a future credit, while business and first class tickets cost $100 to cancel with the rest being refunded to future credit.

If you don’t want credit for a future flight, the cancelation fee is $100 for domestic economy, and $250 for international economy flights and all business and first class tickets. Additionally, fees to change your tickets range from $100 to $250.

Special offers, discounts, or cancelation rates are available for a for military personnel, natural disasters, the bereaved, and the visually impaired.

All cancelations must be done over the phone with customer service.

The Bottom Line

CheapOair uses innovative data collection technology to help customers book several different travel accommodations, including flights, hotels, rental cars, cruises, and vacation packages. The company provides a search engine functionality and traveler reviews to help users find exactly what they are looking for, so finding cheap flights and hotel reservations are easy.

Joining CheapOair for the rewards program can help you get a great deal, while getting the credit card offers you the opportunity to earn even more points towards future online booking savings.

However, if a customer does end up booking travel accommodations and then decides to cancel the reservation, they can expect to pay a steep fee. In addition, CheapOAir's car models are limited and its rewards program is somewhat restrictive.

View Best Travel Sites

Sergio Pelaez

April 3rd, 2020 Los Angeles, CA

I book a flight ticket through Cheapoair to Barcelona and due the the Covid 19 situation my flight was canceled. I tried for more than 3 weeks to contact the website and the airline but no answer from either one, until today after 2 hr i was able to to get somebody on the phone from Cheapoair. Basically they told me that they wont refund my money and the only thing they are able to to do is get me credit for future travel. I tried to inform them that at this point i do not want credit because i do not know when i will be traveling to Europe again and definitely not this year. I just cant believe that specially this time and the situation we are facing these companies are scamming people this way, and they are backing their scam with the policy. If it was my choice i would be in the plain tomorrow heading for my vacation as i planned, but i cant, instead i will be looking $972.00 . This is the worse situation loosing money during this time and. I will NEVER use Cheapoair.com and i encourage everyone that are having the same issue with this website or any other to summit a complain to the FTA so this be know. After all this past the Goverment can take action.

Kortney P

April 3rd, 2020 Lombard, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

ITS A COMPLETE SCAM! BUYER BEWARE! I requested a refund because I am canceling a trip to Florida per the world wide health crisis currently going on in the world and I even purchased flight insurance. So what does cheapoair do? They charge my account more money and then when I call customer service to speak with a representative I get hung up on. I WILL NEVER USE THIS COMPANY AGAIN! Shame on you for taking advantage of people’s vulnerability at this time.

April aphe8493

March 30th, 2020 Castle Rock, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I personally hate this website. I don't think it is very user friendly and its constantly trying to get you to purchase the wrong thing because there are no refunds. I was trying to buy a flight and I put it in all of the information for my trip and it still showed me this other flight on a different date and I ended up buying it on accident and they wouldn't let me refund it even though I bought it at most 5 minutes prior.

Sascha Fawaz

March 26th, 2020 Montreal, QC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

CheapOair is the one of the WORST travel agencies availble. Its a SCAM! Do NOT book anything through them!!! I purchased a ticket through them from Edinburgh to London a few weeks ago. The flight got cancelled and I wasn't even warned (unrelated to corona). They didn't even BOTHER TO send an email to notify me of the cancellation, nor did they provide a subsitute ticket! Instead I got a " We hope you are excited for your trip to London !" email. I got to the airport as planned, and when I learned the flight cancellation news on the spot, I was forced to purchase a last minute ticket to London as I had an international connecting flight I couldn't miss. After this incident, I wrote to cheapoOair MULTIPLE TIMES to ask for refunds. No one answered me. I called, sent reminders-NOTHING!!! This is unacceptable-don't ever make the same mistake I did!!! This agency refuses to take responsiblity for its actions

Myken

March 23rd, 2020 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love using CheapOAir to compare flight prices. The service and website is easy to use and gives me a good way to compare costs through different airlines, dates, places etc.

Rocio Diaz

March 20th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Although CheapOAir ensures you get the cheapest airplane ticket possible, it does not take into consideration comfort when finding these seats and the airplane companies.

shahbz ahmed

March 19th, 2020 Old Bridge, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

100% Pathetic customer service If there will be -ve star I will choose that one. I want to cancel a ticket due to coronavirus. I called 3 times and after 1 hour of wait time system dropped my call, after 3 hours of wasting my time I just gave up. But if you want to book a flight there is no wait at all, this 100% pathic customer service, try your best to avoid it, you may save money on cheap fares but if you really need them in any emergency then they will not help you at all.

Lada Sarycheva

March 19th, 2020 Portland, OR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If I can, I would give 0 starts! I've been calling Cheapoair for 2 weeks! In the mid January, 2020, I bought a round trip to Moscow, Russia for my mom who is a senior. Now, during quarantine conditions and high risk for elderly people to get infected, I want to talk to Cheapoair to discuss my mom's options. Definitely she won't fly in these conditions (her flight is scheduled on April, 3rd). Now it's my job to call and try to chat with Cheapoair EVERY DAY FOR HOURS. No luck!!! I wait for hours... as I get closer to my turn, something happening... it freezes or just bumps me out. I'm very frustrated. Right this moment as I'm typing this review I've been waiting for Cheapoair to answer my phone call for 65 min. DO NOT TRUST THIS BUSINESS! P.S. After 70 min of waiting, the automatic voice informed me, "You are calling an inexistent number. Please check your number and call again." I'm very angry and frustrated.

Adrian Powell

March 16th, 2020 New Carlisle, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I booked my flight and hotel for a Vegas trip with cheapoair and also been trying to cancel plans due to covid-19 virus. i have been calling for 4 days now It seems phone lines have been disconnected and if you get connected leave you on hold for hours only to be disconnected. I tried dOnline Chat was 1328 in line only 4 hours later to be cut off when the online count froze ???? These fraudsters are BAD DO NOT BOOK YOUR TRIP WITH THEM !!! I stand to lose thousands of $$$$$ If i knew where their corporate office was I would be on my way to SORT THEM OUT !!!!!!!!!

Kris Lazarov

March 14th, 2020 Calgary, AB

For 3 days I’ve been trying to talk to someone from CheapOAir. Looks like they disconnected all the phones, no answer on my Email or live chat. Extremely disappointed and never will book a flight with them again.

Brayden Ibert

March 11th, 2020 Houston, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Cheapoair does a great job comparing fates and it is quick. It's the first site i use when. Boking airfare.

Josh Harold

March 10th, 2020 Dallas, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This sight helped me find good deals I wouldent have found otherwise, it was easy to use and good for the price.

Benjamin LeBlanc

March 9th, 2020 Norcross, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Cheapo air has been the best way to find cheapest flights possible for a while.Paris several flights to each other to make sure you have the best price available as well as get you to deadlines from prices but likely jump.

Janie Dennis

March 5th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I feel like I had a good experience with this company! Since it is not directly with an airline, I get worried about it not being reliable but I flew fine with their ticket suggests.

hmarashi

March 4th, 2020 Newark, NJ

My family uses this website to get the cheapest plane tickets, i’ve been on many trips i wouldn’t have been on otherwise because of the prices here.

David T

February 25th, 2020 Ogden, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We have found some good deals on CheapOAir. It allows us to fly as a family and go on some great vacations. Definitely give them a try.

Stephanie Love

February 25th, 2020 Herriman, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love using cheapOair. It’s the one site that you have to go to and it does the searching for you. It looks up the best deals and the best rates and even gives you different options for different days with a different rate, so you can see what the best deal I can get. It’s nice because you don’t have to look up several different airlines. It makes it quick and easy to navigate. It something I will continue to use when I looking for flights.

Brenda Horne

February 25th, 2020 Orem, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I always check with CheapOAir first when I book a flight. They have a great user-friendly online format and are able to come up with the quickest selections for me to view.

Adria

February 25th, 2020 Riverton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I’ve used this a few times when finding great rates for quick trips. Easy to use with lots of options.

Audrey Mitchell

February 21st, 2020 Managua, MN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

CheapoAir is amazing when looking into flight prices and booking a hostel. They have great pricing and customer support.

Kaitlyn Rios

February 21st, 2020 Ogden, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

CheapOAir has always presented the best prices for airlines on my more routine flights. They are good a reservations, but are best at finding lowest pricing. I like the attention to economy with CheapOAir.

JDWain

February 20th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

CheapOAir has helped me find many flights for prices that I just would not have been able to book on my own.

Eddie Rios

February 18th, 2020 Ogden, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

CheapOAir is a great travel site. They give superb access to finding the lowest fares online. And the portal allows for many planning variations. They are trusted, secure, and easy website to use for frequent personal travel.

GrandpaRod

February 14th, 2020 Lehi, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have now used CheapOAir 3 times and each time I have been pleased, saved lots of money and got great customer service. I think it is unusual that the cheapest service can offer so much customer service. Why do others not do this?

Reckholdt

February 11th, 2020 Draper, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We have booked several flights through cheapOAir and have always had a great experience. We save a little money and it’s just as simple as booking through the airlines directly. Their customer service has been very helpful for us if we ever have any questions.

Ashley Wadiak

February 10th, 2020 Eagle Mountain, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I absolute hate cheapoair . They always change my flights after paying and I end up with super long layovers

Bryndie

February 10th, 2020 Managua, MN

Awesome place to find flights on a budget. Pretty thorough search and it’s nice to have it all in one place.

Angelina Hamilton

February 7th, 2020 Gulfport, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

very affordable. great selection of flights to many destinations, great customer service. Just pack light. You have to pay for everything extra.

Cam McClellan

January 27th, 2020 Magna, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We have booked airfare through cheapo air and have found the best value inn airline tickets here.

Karen Hartnack

January 27th, 2020 Norcross, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have had the experience to use this service a few times always found a flight for a good price

Nicole Mondares

January 14th, 2020 Bogalusa, LA

Really good app. It is very convenient for people who are on a budget. Fast service

Jacob

January 7th, 2020 American Fork, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

CheapOAir can be a helpful resource. Be careful of scams. I always cross check my findings to ensure they are real, and most often they are. This can be a great resource for saving money on flights!

Robert

December 31st, 2019 San Francisco, CA

First if you are just doing a quick trip I guess it is ok. Been trying to book from San Francisco to Paris, and returning from Berlin. There were a few cheap flights but the departure times was early early morning, and with a connecting flight the layovers were anywhere from 20-35 hours. Plus most of the time you can't see the plane seating map so you are basically flipping a coin to get the seat you want. They seem to be more expensive than using the airlines website. I will go back to the airline site or use expedia as a starter.

Michelle W

December 16th, 2019 Coraopolis, PA

This is the best site for comparing prices when planning trips. The filters it gives you are helpful to get you to what you're looking to book. Easy to use and beneficial when saving money.

Yefiso Perez

December 12th, 2019

it is good, give a lot of option, well done

RENEE ANGEVINE

December 12th, 2019 Hoffman, NJ

I was able to move around the website and take my time looking for the best rates. I like that I can compare, with different airlines, in regards to their prices and find that CHEAP O' AIR, offer the BEST!

Donald Gaaiser

December 12th, 2019 North Fort Myers, FL

Fast service, great price, prompt confirmation, information on hotels and auto rentals. Non stop service to Cinn.

Juan

December 9th, 2019 Beaver, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I often find very good discounted flights on here. My mom flys often and i look for tickets on here for her.

Ethan Jones

December 6th, 2019 Queen Creek, AZ

Quick and easy and ticket prices are amazing

Robert Frazier

December 6th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I cannot find a flight from SAT to LAX on the 17th on the airline I want to fly...my flight should be on Delta and return on 16 February 2020 as well...but your site is only allowing me to view others...that are not worth the time to fly much less use...I refuse to fly on those airlines...

dorothy willis

December 6th, 2019 Warner Springs, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love how easy and fast it is to see my options and book.

Laura

December 6th, 2019 Garden Grove, CA

The website is very accurate and give you the best prices. User friendly and a fast follow up. Used the site before, always great prices. Only thing you can’t do is book your seats ahead, that has all to do with the airline itself. I am a happy customer.

Patricia Nesmith

December 6th, 2019

My experience was good! I chatted with Monte and had a question about seat selection and he was very helpful in assisting me. He asked what was my seat preference and he was able to book the seat preference I requested.

Chris Kaiser

December 6th, 2019 St Louis, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Easy to use web interface. Excellent prices

Lori D

December 4th, 2019 Schaumburg, IL

I found the process easy to use! Choices populated quickly and I was done in a timely manner.

Amanda

December 4th, 2019 Warrendale, PA

CheapOAir gets you THE BEST flight prices. I always find a good deal on their site.

samy M shendy

December 4th, 2019 Cuyahoga Falls, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Always a great company , cheapest tickets ever

Fernanda Coronado

December 4th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Easy and safe way 2 find cheap flights! Love this app so much!

Hany Abutaleb

December 4th, 2019 Tucson, AZ

Discovered later you have high price compared to other providers

Hongen

December 4th, 2019 Akron, OH

It is very convenient! Very Good. Choose the cheapest tickets!