CheapOAir

6.9

Founded in 2005, CheapOAir is a travel booking site that has a unique search engine that allows users to search over 450 airlines simultaneously to find the best possible price. CheapOAir has been featured in the New York Times, the Huffington Post, and Travel and Leisure, among other magazines, newspapers, and websites.

#1 Priceline Logo Priceline ›

7.6

Overall
Score

#2 Orbitz Logo Orbitz ›

7.3

Overall
Score

#3 eBookers.com Logo eBookers.com ›

7.2

Overall
Score

#5 CheapOAir Logo CheapOAir

6.9

Overall
Score

The Good

• Technology
  • Travel accommodations
  • Search engine functionality
  • Reviews

Technology

CheapOAir has created a platform that allows travelers to find affordable and complete vacation deals at a discounted rate. Through its innovative data collection technology, CheapOAir gathers and filters travel information and presents the most applicable search results, making it easy for travelers to navigate and book their reservations.

Travel Accommodations

CheapOAir allows travelers to book nearly every aspect of their pending travel online, over the phone, or through its mobile app. Those who use CheapOAir to book their travel accommodations can reserve the following:

• Flights
  • Hotels
  • Car rentals
  • Cruises
  • Vacations packages

Search Engine Functionality

CheapOAir's search engine functionality is one of the best in the industry. Many customers have reported that they saved money by using this functionality. Other site features that travelers may find useful include the following:

• Flight Watcher - Look for the cheapest flights at the most desirable departure/arrival times
  • Seat Selector - Pick and reserve your seat on designated flights with participating airlines
  • Trip Manager - After reserving trip accommodations, manage tickets and other booking details from a mobile device
  • Deal Browser - With mobile-exclusive deals, travelers can browse discounts on vacations and reservations

Reviews

Both CheapOAir's online and mobile platforms allow users to read and conduct further research through the help of reviews. Reviews are left by travelers who have stayed in prospective hotels or traveled using specific airlines and can help customers narrow their search and find the best accommodations for their trip.

The Bad

• Limited car models
  • Reward restrictions
  • Cancellation fees

Limited Car Models

CheapOAir doesn't have many options available when it comes to car models. Most of the cars offered are economy class, which doesn't give customers the option to select a more luxurious vehicle if they would like to be a bit more comfortable during their ride.

Reward Restrictions

CheapOAir does offer a rewards plan to those who enroll in its membership program (enrollment is free and can be done entirely online), but there are some restrictions and a point system that travelers should be aware of. The point system is broken down as follows:

• Flights: Earn 1 point per every $1 spent on flights
  • Hotels: Earn 3 points for every $1 spent on hotel rooms
  • Car rentals: Earn 3 points for every $1 spent on car rentals
  • Vacation deals: Earn 1 point for every $1 spent on trip "extras"

Points can be earned just for signing up (up to 500 points upon enrollment), but a high number of points is required in order to save on hotel reservations. Further, points can only be redeemed on certain hotels.

Cancellation Fees

CheapOAir and its contractors charge cancellation fees ranging from $100 to $250, making it very expensive to cancel bookings.

The Bottom Line

CheapOAir uses innovative data collection technology to help customers book several different travel accommodations, including flights, hotels, rental cars, cruises, and vacation packages. The company provides a search engine functionality and traveler reviews to help users find exactly what they are looking for. However, if a customer does end up booking a travel accommodation and then decides to cancel it, they can expect to pay a steep fee. In addition, CheapOAir's car models are limited and its rewards program is somewhat restrictive.

OLSEN

September 7th, 2017 McKinney, TX

Avoid this company at all cost. They cancelled my return trip tickets while I was overseas without any reason and asked me to purchase another flight again for $1300. To me, it's a complete nonsense and SCAM. Don't be deceived by their name as well, they are definitely not CHEAP. They will try to upsell you a lot of unnecessary options with only very brief descriptions so that you will fall into their sale traps. Truly regret choosing this agency this time, and will never deal with them ever again.

Rashad

July 23rd, 2017

First of all, This a proof that I've booked by this fraudulent website >> https://goo.gl/tB4Cng I booked two tickets using the online process, However, for more then two days I couldn't got a confirmation from them, and there booking system didn't accept my card! and keeps showing me that my card got declined!! I went to my bank and they assured me that my visa card works normally.. So I went to a travel agency to book my flight in person and I discovered that the price of booking the flight has increased by $ 250 by each ticket, I ha d to book with that price.. I came home and canceled one of the flights on this website and what a surprise!! they managed to take a 75$ for each ticket (as a canceling fee) form that declined card !!!!!! How come? I don't know !! Can anyone tell me how come ?! If they can't accept my payment, how can I confirm my tickets !! and If I can't get a confirmation for my flight!! why I should pay for canceling a non-going booking? it's a lost cause! And worst of all this, how come when I canceled a booking with a (declined card) they charge me $75 ?! but when I tried for so many times to pay for my tickets I got a (declined card) error?! I do not recommend anyone using this website. If you want to book a flight, book it directly through the airline's website or go to any flight office and make your reservation. This way you will save TIME, EFFORT & MONEY !!!