Expedia is an online travel agency with the focus of making it easy for both the frequent traveler and the first-time traveler to plan trips and find information about hotels, car rentals, cruises and flights. Vacation packages are one of services Expedia provides with the goal of helping world explorers get the best discounts possible.

The travel site has more than 20 sites around the world with offers designed to meet the needs of travelers, whether they’re from Japan or Mexico. Expedia helps travelers find the best activities possible, regardless of the city they’re visiting, as well as providing regular vacation deals.

The Good

• Innovative Technology
  • Mobile App
  • Rewards Program
  • Travel Protection
  • Customer Support
  • Partners

Innovative Technology

As one of the leading travel sites in the world, Expedia has been able to help thousands of travelers with their booking needs. Its innovative technology allows the company to pull data and pricing information from thousands of traveling and airfare sites which, in turn, is presented to the traveler for instant comparison.

Mobile App

Expedial seeks to ease the regular pains that come with travel planning by providing an app for both Android and Apple users. The company's mobile app allows travelers to book airline tickets, tour tickets, museum tickets, and theme park tickets on the go.

Rewards Program

Expedia has a three-tier rewards program in place that rewards customers with points for every dollar spent on flights, hotels, and activities.

Travel Protection

Expedia offers protection plans on flights, hotels, rental cars, and cruises. These protection plans are insured by Transamerica and will cover up to the total vacation cost in the event of a trip cancellation or interruption.

Customer Support

Expedia offers support for online flight check-ins, flights changes, flight cancellations, changes in hotel bookings. The company's online support platform allows travelers to narrow their help needs by topic (i.e. flights, hotels, vacation packages). If online resources are not enough, customers can either email Expedia or get a callback.

Partners

Expedia has several partners, including Egencia Business Travel, Hotels.com, Venere, Hotwire, CitySearch, Online Shopping, HomeAdvisor, Shoebuy.com, TicketWeb, and Expedia CruiseShipCenters.

The Bad

Lack of Booking Options

Expedia only allows customers to book online and does not offer phone or in-person booking options.

The Bottom Line

Expedia offers a rewards program, travel protection, and a mobile app. However, the company only offers online booking and does not allow customers to book over the phone or in person.

3.6

Kkomme

March 11th, 2020 Chicago, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Expedia customer service is so horrible. They keep push away when I need help. And keep saying that will be back but never come back. They don't know what real service is!

Zabsanti

February 22nd, 2020 Silverhill, AL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I gave used their website recently and Iust say that their service and quality is superb. Their website impressed me greatly for its difference compare to other services

Eddie Rios

February 6th, 2020 Ogden, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Expedia is synonymous with travel. Great tools on their website let you manage a trip, they give tons of options from amenities to a range of pricing. They also have great people as travel agents that are full on experts in the travel industry. They offer more options that the websites can. With personal assistance and personal expertise - their travel services can't be beat. They offer great discounts and offer tons of travel destinations. They are pretty awesome at staying current and offering all options to choose from. Travel is better with Expedia.

Eric

November 16th, 2018 San Diego, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I definitely back this one. Used it once and got a cheap flight and hotel combo. Certainly no complaints with the service and it has an easy to use interface. Pretty much anyone can use it from the 18 year old trust fund kid who is planning a big trip to your grandma who wants to get her kicks before she kicks the bucket.

Lindsay Fritts

November 16th, 2018 San Diego, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Expedia is great for booking hotels and flights at a discounted rate. I don't like how many popups you get when searching, but other than that I think theyre good.

Amber C Frey

November 15th, 2018 San Diego, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Using Expedia to book a hotel online is a pretty quick and easy process. I like being able to reserve a hotel without having to put any money down as well.

Joanna Hester

June 18th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

When looking for airline tickets, rental cars, or hotels, I always check Expedia. Recently, they had a better price on a rental car than the other travel websites. So I booked it and had no problems with picking up my car or returning it.

Chase H

April 18th, 2018 Provo, UT

Probably used to be much more useful than it is now. I would much rather use Google Flights for its ease and comprehensiveness.

Trent

April 17th, 2018 Provo, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Good prices and easy to compare packages.

Cassidy Gundersen

December 6th, 2017 Orem, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have used Expedia a number of times for car rental, hotel and flight bookings. Their service is easy to navigate and results come quickly. Their customer service has always been extremely helpful and polite. However, despite their claims- it is not the most affordable option. In fact, when I price compare it is almost always the most expensive option. Good service, not great price.

Lindsey

December 6th, 2017 American Fork, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I've used Expedia for many travel bookings. It generally has the cheapest prices, but not always. They keep rewards for you to use towards future purchases which is nice.

Quen Wilson

May 26th, 2017 Ogden, UT

I really Expedia because it offers a wide range of selection when it comes to booking hotels and other travel necessities, one part of Expedia I like is that you can put in requirements for your bookings. Expedia has saved me a lot of time.

Nishtha Joshi

December 4th, 2016

I have been offered a refund for Expedia fee from Air France since I booked the ticket using my credit. I was asked to go ahead make the booking with Air France and pay the fee only to get reimbursed later. I followed these instruction by the supervisor (Jewel) and later provided him the receipts. However upon receiving the receipts, he couldn't process the refund but offered me a discount coupon for hotel booking. Discount coupon was not what I was looking for but I still went ahead and accepted that. I didn't have an account with Expedia, so he offered to create one and add the coupon to me. Surprise!! he never created any account for me nor added any credit to my account. I called again, and I was put on hold for long hours give same logics again and again and in the end I was put in touch with the corporate manager (David). The manager added the discount coupon to my account. I insisted I wanted some proof, he said you can see in your account under coupons. I checked it was there, I thanked him and disconnected the call. Surprise!! moment I disconnected the call, the coupon went away. At this time, I was confused and super frustrated, I decided to call again and tried to get in touch with the same manager but it wasn't possible. So, this time I was put in touch with another manager (Sonia), who denied all the previous conversations, didn't give me a reason of removing the coupon and not being able to refund the extra fee. I said I am being harassed and this is not the way to treat a costumer since I am being told different policies every time. I really wished that Expedia didn't offer me anything (refund or discount) at all rather than treating me like this and wasting several (more than 6-7) hrs of my weekend. There is a need of connection between different department and with collaborating airlines and transparent policies for costumers.