AAA Travel Logo
LAST UPDATED: October 13th, 2021
In 1900, AAA started off with a few car enthusiasts in California and has since grown to have 54 million members in the United State and Canada. AAA Travel makes it possible for customers to book hotels, cars, flights and cruises. It also provides special hotel offers, such as Disney hotel and ticket packages. With the help of its travel blog, customers can find inspiration for their next European vacation, ideas on how to travel smarter in San Francisco, or cruise tips for traveling with families. Customers can choose from nearly 200 destinations, including places in the U.S., Canada, and Europe.

The Good

• Travel services
  • Booking options
  • Mobile app
  • Travel protection

Travel Services

AAA Travel allows its customers to book a number of travel services, including hotels, flights, rental cars, cruises, and vacation packages.

Booking Options

AAA Travel provides three different booking options for its customers to choose from: online booking, phone booking, and in-person booking. This makes it easy for all customers to book in a way that they are comfortable with.

Mobile App

AAA Travel offers a mobile app, which is available for Apple and Android. The company's app allows customers to receive discounts, access maps, create itineraries, and more.

Travel Protection

Customers of AAA Travel receive access to the company's travel protection plan, which covers towing, emergency fuel, travel consultants, and lost baggage.

The Bad

• No rewards program

No Rewards Program

Unfortunately, AAA Travel does not offer a rewards program of any kind to its customers.

The Bottom Line

AAA Travel offers several travel services and booking options, in addition to a mobile app and travel insurance. However, the company does not offer a rewards program.

1.9

NICOLE AUDET Woodstock Valley, CT

We had the absolute best travel agent with AAA! Trish V, out of the CT office was remarkable! Trish responded to emails instantly and was completely on top of her game. We had planned a cruise with another family, between all of us, we had 8 people and 3 cabins. Trish helped coordinate EVERYTHING, from insurance, to food allergy restrictions, to dinner reservations. I can't speak highly enough about the how much Trish went above and beyond! I will be a repeat customer for sure!!

phyllis Poulsbo, WA

I complained about this company because of discounts. The next day the manager of AAA travel agency called me at home to discuss my concern. Not only did she give me my military discount, AAA is sending someone to my house to pick me up for the airport the day of my trip. Now that's customer service!!!

Elizabeth Heinemann Hempstead, TX

We used AAA in Cypress, Texas to plan our trip to the Grand Canyon, Sedona, and other areas in Arizona. We started with the Grand Canyon Rail to the Rim package, and our agent, Jacintha C, added the rest for us. She was very efficient and easy to work with. Our trip went off without a hitch! We will use AAA and Jacintha again!

Philip White Sea Cliff, NY

We're a couple of not very experienced travelers. Rosetta, Garden City, NY covered everything for us. Planes, trains, transfers... all exactly as we needed with no fuss on the way. Totally professional service. Even changed dollars to euros at the AAA office. Highest praise!

Carol Ann Matscherz Elizabeth, PA

My husband and I paid a lot of money for an Alaskan cruise. We did have an issue with our cabin assignment but both AAA and Holland America for diligently working to resolve our issue to our satisfaction. Thanks everyone!

MaryAnn Hagblom West Jordan, UT

It’s awesome to be able to get discounts for senior. As you get older every penny counts. They have lots of different things to get discounts on.