AAA Travel Logo
LAST UPDATED: October 13th, 2021
In 1900, AAA started off with a few car enthusiasts in California and has since grown to have 54 million members in the United State and Canada. AAA Travel makes it possible for customers to book hotels, cars, flights and cruises. It also provides special hotel offers, such as Disney hotel and ticket packages. With the help of its travel blog, customers can find inspiration for their next European vacation, ideas on how to travel smarter in San Francisco, or cruise tips for traveling with families. Customers can choose from nearly 200 destinations, including places in the U.S., Canada, and Europe.

The Good

• Travel services
  • Booking options
  • Mobile app
  • Travel protection

Travel Services

AAA Travel allows its customers to book a number of travel services, including hotels, flights, rental cars, cruises, and vacation packages.

Booking Options

AAA Travel provides three different booking options for its customers to choose from: online booking, phone booking, and in-person booking. This makes it easy for all customers to book in a way that they are comfortable with.

Mobile App

AAA Travel offers a mobile app, which is available for Apple and Android. The company's app allows customers to receive discounts, access maps, create itineraries, and more.

Travel Protection

Customers of AAA Travel receive access to the company's travel protection plan, which covers towing, emergency fuel, travel consultants, and lost baggage.

The Bad

• No rewards program

No Rewards Program

Unfortunately, AAA Travel does not offer a rewards program of any kind to its customers.

The Bottom Line

AAA Travel offers several travel services and booking options, in addition to a mobile app and travel insurance. However, the company does not offer a rewards program.

1.9

David Lyhne East Hartford, CT

Booked a vacation last year with AAA, it was canceled due to COVID, took forever to get our refund from Travel Impressions who AAA uses. Then when we tried using the credit Travel Impressions had promised us we were told we can only have part of it. Our AAA rep did what she could for us but the bottom line is why does AAA use Travel Impressions THEY ARE TERRIBLE!! Also we decided to wait and look at other options for vacation.

Renee _ Lorenzo Garcia Forney, TX

I have done a few travel items through AAA travel over the years. However, the service is going downhill fast. I just booked a cruise and our agent was untimely and we missed out on promotions because he didn’t keep set callback times. Plus, he quote one thing then another, very confusing. I called into get s1 else b4 booked and because he started case they said no one else can touch..cost me $. We booked 4 rooms. I asked for supervisor and was told they don’t speak to customers once, next passed to voicemail but no callback received, and last time in meetings. I advised agent he needed to get my group free speciality dinner to compensate for losing $50 per room and he said would check. Crickets. I called back about rate issue because he gave us Texas rate and only we live there which we did the booking. Everyone else he said is $200 more...it’s crap. When originally he told me he went to training for this scenario and all good.

Wendy Gillespie

I'm really disappointed in the Luau recommended for our Maui vacation. We have 6 people in our party and we are in a parking lot! Sardined in to fit as many people as possible. I wish they would have discussed quality over quantity. Literally gravel under my feet! Lawn chairs to sit in! I would have been happy to pay more for a better quality experience. More authentic would have been nice as well. This is a Disneyland experience and not what I came for. I could have done this in California.

Mary Ann Lewellyn Franklin, OH

Had a AAA membership for many years for my husband and I. Used their travel services a couple of years ago to book a trip to Hawaii with a cruise around the islands. Was totally disappointed with the travel rep and after returning home found out that it cost us thousands more for the cruise than if we had booked the cruise directly with the cruise line. Will NEVER have a AAA membership again.