AAA Travel Logo
In 1900, AAA started off with a few car enthusiasts in California and has since grown to have 54 million members in the United State and Canada. AAA Travel makes it possible for customers to book hotels, cars, flights and cruises. It also provides special hotel offers, such as Disney hotel and ticket packages. With the help of its travel blog, customers can find inspiration for their next European vacation, ideas on how to travel smarter in San Francisco, or cruise tips for traveling with families. Customers can choose from nearly 200 destinations, including places in the U.S., Canada, and Europe.

The Good

• Travel services
  • Booking options
  • Mobile app
  • Travel protection

Travel Services

AAA Travel allows its customers to book a number of travel services, including hotels, flights, rental cars, cruises, and vacation packages.

Booking Options

AAA Travel provides three different booking options for its customers to choose from: online booking, phone booking, and in-person booking. This makes it easy for all customers to book in a way that they are comfortable with.

Mobile App

AAA Travel offers a mobile app, which is available for Apple and Android. The company's app allows customers to receive discounts, access maps, create itineraries, and more.

Travel Protection

Customers of AAA Travel receive access to the company's travel protection plan, which covers towing, emergency fuel, travel consultants, and lost baggage.

The Bad

• No rewards program

No Rewards Program

Unfortunately, AAA Travel does not offer a rewards program of any kind to its customers.

The Bottom Line

AAA Travel offers several travel services and booking options, in addition to a mobile app and travel insurance. However, the company does not offer a rewards program.

2.0

Larry Grafton, WI

We booked a vacation rail trip, paid for it and afterword AAA contacted us to tell us it was not available. A few weeks later they called and found the available trip on a different date but at a different price, we again booked it paid for it and then days later they changed the price by $300 with no explanation. In trying to follow up we could not get them to return our calls. We will never again use AAA for travel.

NICOLE AUDET Woodstock Valley, CT

We had the absolute best travel agent with AAA! Trish V, out of the CT office was remarkable! Trish responded to emails instantly and was completely on top of her game. We had planned a cruise with another family, between all of us, we had 8 people and 3 cabins. Trish helped coordinate EVERYTHING, from insurance, to food allergy restrictions, to dinner reservations. I can't speak highly enough about the how much Trish went above and beyond! I will be a repeat customer for sure!!

Cathy Castaic, CA

My husband and I took a 7 day vacation to Hawaii, just this February 2019. Everything was great except for the fact we were not informed of the closure of the SS Arizona's viewing doc. Our agent new that was the main reason we wanted to go to Oahu, she even booked that specific tour for us. She must have known it was closed in 2018 because of damage. That was a major disappointment for my husband! We would not have taken or paid for that tour. We could have gotten it much cheaper if we just wanted to go to Pearl Harbor . We just had a little boat ride around the harbor. It wasn't a total loss though our tour guide was exceptional . The fact that we were not informed of the closure to make our decision, was very non professional ! I suggest you inform future travelers to Pearl Harbor of that closure before they pay all that money and be disappointed !

phyllis Poulsbo, WA

I complained about this company because of discounts. The next day the manager of AAA travel agency called me at home to discuss my concern. Not only did she give me my military discount, AAA is sending someone to my house to pick me up for the airport the day of my trip. Now that's customer service!!!

Villanova Mike Villanova, PA

AAA is highly dependent on the agent you get. We booked an Iceland tour in 2017 and a trip to Africa this year. Both were very enjoyable. For Africa we went to our closest AAA and the agent kept promising she wou ld get us something and never did. We gave up and went to the King of Prussia office and Nicole was a pleasure to deal with and effective. I look at AAA not for their booking expertise but more as an organization who vets other agencies, usually successfully. For Africa, they used African Travel in Glendale, CA who I would highly recommend. They had all the right properties and ground agencies to make our trip just right. So usually it is not AAA who gets the kudos or faults, but the individual agent and their booking partner. I will continue to book through them but make sure you get someone who will serve you right.

kathy jones Victorville, CA

Don't do it! Due to COVID 19, our travel was cancelled. They kept our money ($6,000) and issued a "land credit" that must be used by December 2021 at designated locations. We planned a year in advance. No concern for the welfare of their clients and no or concern for others. BIG CORPORATION strikes again. I'll never use them for travel again. Lessoned learned!!!

Michele DARRAH ,

My AAA itinerary gave confirmed reservations for hotel and car rental. Upon 10:30 pm arrival to Norfolk international airport I attempted to call hotel for shuttle service only to find the phone number on my itinerary was for Hertz Rent a Car,which of course was closed. After getting the correct phone number and calling, I was told there was no reservation nor confirmation number under my name. I had to then book a room in order for the shuttle to be sent for me. The following day when I called Hertz to tell them I was running late,I was told they had no reservation nor confirmation number under my name. They also had no cars available. So please tell me, how can I have reservations with confirmation numbers on my itinerary booked by a AAA travel agent and be told not once, but twice there was no reservation? AAA said it was a computer program problem, and they were sorry.

Elizabeth Heinemann Hempstead, TX

We used AAA in Cypress, Texas to plan our trip to the Grand Canyon, Sedona, and other areas in Arizona. We started with the Grand Canyon Rail to the Rim package, and our agent, Jacintha C, added the rest for us. She was very efficient and easy to work with. Our trip went off without a hitch! We will use AAA and Jacintha again!

Philip White Sea Cliff, NY

We're a couple of not very experienced travelers. Rosetta, Garden City, NY covered everything for us. Planes, trains, transfers... all exactly as we needed with no fuss on the way. Totally professional service. Even changed dollars to euros at the AAA office. Highest praise!

Jess Pritt Wooster, OH

We had booked flights and a cruise through them and we couldn't wait to go. They answered all our questions we had about the cruise and how else they could help us in the future but unfortunately due to the pandemic everything had to be cancelled. Laurel, our travel adviser, helped tremendously with Carnival and Southwest to get us our money/credits back for another trip we have planned. She is great!

Carl Streily West Lafayette, IN

Don’t book travel or buy attraction tickets on the AAA website! I bought Disney tickets through the AAA travel website. These sales are done by Ticket Monster, even though it’s the AAA website. Obviously my trip has been cancelled Due to Covid and unfortunately my financial situation has changed and I need a refund. Disney is graciously providing refunds but AAA says that even though I bought the tickets through The AAA website, they can’t help me. Since AAA uses Ticket Monster for ticket sales, I have to go through them. I Can’t get anywhere with TicketMonster and AAA is saying they can’t help at all. Actually had the AAA rep tell me that they only make $5 on those ticket sales. Why should that affect me?? Horrible. AAA is to blame here as they are passing responsibility on to Ticket Monster and are saying they can’t help me. Never book travel on the AAA website as AAA will not stand behind those purchases. And never deal with ticket Monster either.

Renee _ Lorenzo Garcia Forney, TX

I have done a few travel items through AAA travel over the years. However, the service is going downhill fast. I just booked a cruise and our agent was untimely and we missed out on promotions because he didn’t keep set callback times. Plus, he quote one thing then another, very confusing. I called into get s1 else b4 booked and because he started case they said no one else can touch..cost me $. We booked 4 rooms. I asked for supervisor and was told they don’t speak to customers once, next passed to voicemail but no callback received, and last time in meetings. I advised agent he needed to get my group free speciality dinner to compensate for losing $50 per room and he said would check. Crickets. I called back about rate issue because he gave us Texas rate and only we live there which we did the booking. Everyone else he said is $200 more...it’s crap. When originally he told me he went to training for this scenario and all good.

Maria Downey, CA

We booked an all inclusive trip to Cancun. We were asked if we wanted luggage, were charged for luggage. Once we get to airport we had to pay for luggage again because the agent did not apply it to our tickets. We had to pay for luggage 2. Apparently they do this enough, because airline stated, AAA does not know what they are doing, they always do this.

Carol Ann Matscherz Elizabeth, PA

My husband and I paid a lot of money for an Alaskan cruise. We did have an issue with our cabin assignment but both AAA and Holland America for diligently working to resolve our issue to our satisfaction. Thanks everyone!

John Renz St Louis, MO

AAA is terrible. Due to the pandemic they refused to refund my down payment on a trip to Oktoberfest in Munich. Munich cancelled Oktoberfest! They do not want any Americans traveling to their country. If AAA needs my $1300 to stay in business they are in trouble financially.

cas Warminster, PA

I would give AAA Travel a zero star rating if I could. I had an awful experience trying to cancel a flight I booked through AAA Travel. I had to cancel a leg of my flight and I talked to 10 agents over 2 days and no one was able to help me. I would be on the phone with them for hours for them to tell me I had to call the airline and every time I called the airline they told me I had to call the travel agent I booked the flight through. Even the travel agents who said they could help me without getting into contact with the airline were not able to do anything. I was also told that I could go into my local AAA and they would be able to cancel the flight but all they told me was to call the travel line. They were snobbish and I took a trip just for them to tell me to make a call. After talking to 10 travel agents and the airline I was told I would get a voucher for the whole flight because I cancelled the flight. A few weeks later I was sent an email from the airline saying I would not be getting a voucher and that I had to call my travel agent. Once again I was on the phone with a AAA Travel agent who was unhelpful and told me something completely different than the other travel agents I talked too. My advice is to not use AAA Travel and just book flights directly through the airline. I will never use AAA Travel again and I am cancelling my whole membership with AAA as soon as possible. I am telling all my friends, family and anybody else I see not to use this travel agent.

Tom E Utica, MI

We booked a cruise with AAA, and added transfers between the airport and the port. There were 5 of us traveling, 2 rooms. Somehow, the transfers only were covered for 2 people, one from each room. We had called and verified the transfers twice before our trip and were told it was all set. We called the evening right before we left, and were told, sorry, you only have 2 out of 5 people covered. We were then told that a supervisor on Saturday morning would clear this up before we landed, and we would get an email or phone call confirming it. And we would not be charged for the 3 transfers as it was an issue with AAA. When I asked if I could talk to a supervisor that evening, I was told no. They refused to put a supervisor on the phone. Needless to say, once we landed, no message, no email, and 3 transfers missing. No big deal, we got the transfers handled, and went on the cruise. Once back, we called and emailed AAA several times about this, as they were trying to figure out what happened, and were told again that we would be refunded. It is now two months later, still unable to talk to a supervisor, and get even get an email reply. Absolute joke. The money isn’t even a concern. The lack of professionalism, inability to talk to a supervisor, and the non-response and blow off is outrageous. And still no indication who was at fault, AAA or the cruise line.

NYIS07 Woodside, NY

If I could give AAA travel in Utica New York 0 stars that's absolutely what I would give. Booked my Royal Carib cruise with them a year ago and as the final payment due date approached, my cruise price dropped three hundred dollars. Not once did they ever call me to tell me about a price drop. NOT ONCE! I would go on Royal Carib myself and find that my price had dropped. Then I would call Royal Carib who in turn told me to call my travel agent. I would leave messages, send emails, never ever called me back. I missed out on on- board credit because the sale was over and I could not speak to her. The only way action was done was when I spoke to a supervisor, then suddenly I finally got a call back, stating she was busy. Never price watched for me and didnt receive not one perk for booking with them, not one! I did all the work checking my cruise price, calling Royal Carib and calling AAA travel all the time. No one could help me at the office except my personal travel agent! When I got on the cruise, not even a fruit basket or a thank you card from the travel agent for my business. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND BOOK YOUR OWN CRUISE! DO NOT USE AAA TRAVEL IN UTICA NEW YORK, ITS A WASTE!

Craig R. Chesterton, IN

I took my girlfriend to a trip toseveral citys in Italy and France. While the Italy portion was good the entire portion of France was a distaster. We paid for transfers and several shows. Our AAA travel agent was horible. We were lied to about train service not available and we would have to trave 6 hours in a Greyhound type bus. That was only the beginning, we had tickets to Moulin Rouge only to be told that our travel agent booked them for the previous month when we were still in the U.S. I called the travel agent and she simlply said "sorry my mistake", I said saying sorry was not an acceptable answer and she simply hung up on me. Save yourself some sanity and your vacation by using a more reputable travel agency.

Tink Staton Claremore, OK

PLEASE DO NOT USE AAA!!! My family has used AAA travel for over 20 years. So, naturally I used them for my latest trip. I am not going to get any compensation from them, but, what I can do is tell my story in hopes that NOT one more person loses money, time, vacation time, and their sense of security! We wanted a cruise, we asked for a cruise. We were talked into a destination by Nicole K of the Southeast Tulsa location. She sent us to Puerto Vallarta. Short story...it was supposed to be all inclusive! Out of the 6 restaurants on site, only 2 were open our entire trip (8 days). The food was ABSOLUTELY disgusting (alot worse than cruise food). We had to seek out McDonald's and Subway to get us through. Puerto Vallarta is so ugly, and run down, and the water is so rocky and cold. There were supposed to be 2 pools, only one was open, the other one they were working on throughout the day and into the night our entire trip. Vallarta was a very sketchy and scary place, drugs(RX and recreational) we're everywhere! People at the resort and on the the street soliciting drugs! My husband and I asked Nicole K to bring is home on day 3 and her ONLY response was that she was trying to call me. Finally my husband contacted her on day 5 and said we needed to come home. We were scared for our lives and Nicole wanted to charge us an additional $500 to get us home. Which we did not have because of fraudulent charges made on our credit card while we were there, we had to cancel our credit card. If YOU have read my review thus far, PLEASE look into a different travel agency. AAA WILL NOT help you once they have your money. I do not want YOU to feel the way I felt while "on vacation." I hope and pray this helps maybe just one family!! Sincerely, Tink and Tye

Westy Murrells Inlet, SC

This isn't a service for AAA members. It seems to be a way for AAA to make more money. I went for some assistance with flights to an from Europe, plus hotel. I'd looked online and had a general idea of what the cost should be. They were WAY higher. It turns out (according to the rep) they have two companies they book through that gives them a commission, or AAA charges a fee for bookings. The companies carry a limited number of hotels and flight options. The hotel are all top end with top prices. The flight are limited to a couple of airlines. I couldn't get the connecting airport I wanted but would have had to take other ones with much higher prices. I also needed some ground transportation when I arrived in Europe. The price she gave me was very low. I finally figured out that she had put in completely incorrect to and from places, even though I had given her everything in writing and gone over it with her.

jeanpaul Calabash, NC

I have AAA membership since my son was 3 years old for more likely, his and my roadside protection. Now he is 22 years old serving our america in Japan. I couldn't see him 2 years, so I would like to get some AAA travel service for see him. It started end of January. The Olender drive Myrtle beach, SC, Karen R** seems like quiet lady but every week we had to stop by office checked out where we are until March, 1st. Actually, we couldn't talked that much March 1st, because she was middle of little argumentation with a couple who was plan for the travel. We left our credit card number and copy of passport for further development. We were wait Saturday. We were tired of day goes by( we stop by almost every week. Until than , she hardly answer the phone, no email, no change of what we try to do, each of time price goes up because previous hotel is not exist, their price go up, season changes....) That saturday morning we called, she said we need $700.00 more for the changes hotel, we said we can not do that. That Saturday night, we did not have any email, or phone call, we decide search our self booked hotel and air plane ticket. It came almost half price than what she itinerary!!! And send her email around 9;00 we cancel the trip with her. Monday, we got email. She said that she purchased air plain ticket for $3920.40 before asking us. We did not get any inform about she was gonna using our credit card without our permission!!!! I started call for stop transaction, Paul run to the office to see her find out. She did not know what is going on or she does not know why we are upset, he has to instruct to her to cancel all of transaction that using our credit card. I am TOTALLY disappointed AAA , how family oriented company disroyal to the long time customer and betray like this kind of situation happen. How could you using customers credit card without asking, even you are not working hard enough for satisfying the customer. What is going on????

Licienne S Berkeley Heights, NJ

No problem with booking thought everything would go smooth use North Plainfield NJ Theresa C was the agent.... when we arrived at the Hard Rock Resort in Riviera Maya we were originally told we were going to the Adult side....NOTHING on our paper work said otherwise.....the travel agent said she was very familiar with the location and we told her we didn't want to be around young kids. Our room location was the furthest from the "Hacienda" lobby side (which I questioned when checking in) and I opened the balcony door to see a million little kids screaming and playing....NO WAY....I called the travel agent twice to complain to her and NOT ONCE DID SHE CALL BACK....my son had a friend that had a friend that worked where we were on the family side at the front desk....he was able to move us an area where we were not near the pool and screaming but still in the Hacienda area....we were happier until the people next door arrived and they had a kid around aged 3 or so that scream and cried all the time and the parents let her also run up and down the halls screaming....the experience pretty much ruined day 1 and 4 and 5.....left us with only 2 days that were nice. I will never book a thing with AAA....still can't find a way to complain about our experience directly with AAA...so I'll type my experience every including word of mouth.

Mike Las Vegas, NV

My in-laws planned a cruise. They used AAA and we sent the money to them to pay our share. We won’t make that mistake again. We arrived in Orlando a full day ahead of the cruise and were shuttled to our hotel that had been arranged by AAA. It was billed as a Radisson but was actually something we had never heard of, a Park Inn by Radisson. Well, shame on both AAA and Radisson. This place is a dump. What would we have said if AAA had booked is in a Motel 6? We would have said he’ll no! This Park Inn is worse than a Motel 6. We’re going on a Royal Caribbean cruise. What a lousy start! I’ll not have anything to do with AAA ever. Screw me once and I’m done!

Melissa Lopez Bucyrus, KS

I booked through AAA travel for a conference. We were required to move to a different hotel, same brand, different location. The hotel cancelled the reservation. I contacted AAA travel to get my money refunded, and they said they would after conferring with the hotel being told the reservation had been cancelled in their system. A month later, I still have not received a refund. I was told it was being processed as we spoke. I have called multiple times, no one can even find record of the reservation. But they have kept nearly $300 of my dollars. I don't understand why the hotel would not transfer the fee from one hotel to the other, but they wouldn't. At the time, AAA travel said and did all of the right things about my refund, but the reality is it never came through. I would NEVER used AAA travel again unless you want to risk them keeping your money when your reservation isn't in the hotel system.

Anita Brown Stech Maple Shade Township, NJ

Anita and Carl Stech - Honeymoon July 10th, 2017 We paid through AAA Travel of Mt Laurel, NJ for a Deluxe Ocean Front room and Grotto Bay in Bermuda put us in a basement room and then upgraded us to where our room when we stepped out was looking at the resorts maintenance Dump with a storage trailer on top of the hill and us looking at the back of the resorts restaurant trash cans. We ate the same food every day and the food never changed. Carl and I went to AAA Travel because we had our Insurance and AAA emergency road service since 1982 and they were suppose to be a reputable company. I though we were out of the country and they could help us if there was a problem. Instead they left us stranded and even when we came back they did not support us in the manner that they should have. We are talking from upper management on down. Therefore, we decided to contact the news channels and that is when Channel 6 stepped into help us. The intern Katie from troubleshooters worked with AAA Travel of Mt. Laurel and her contacts there to get our monies back. We finally received part of the monies. Then Nydia Hahn believed in our story and aired it. We wanted whom ever was watching to know how much AAA Travel ruined our honeymoon and still didn’t care when we returned. We got hurt not AAA Travel. I don’t want anyone else to go through what we went through. However, we want to thank Nydia for interviewing us and taking an interest in our story and the help we received from Katie to get some of our monies back. We are very grateful for Channel 6 watching out for us. ❤️ 🌷 Anita and Carl Stech Please see continuing story on Channel 6 abc troubleshooters

Don Wilmington, DE

AAA Chadds F. PA……. RUDE, UN-professional. My wife and I went in, there were two travel agents one helping a customer and one not…. When the lady at the front counter went over and ask her to help us… she very loudly and nastily said she had to leave to go help at another location that was shorthanded, really leaving a location with customers there ready to book now leaving Chadds F. with only one agent to go “maybe help” at another location makes no sense at all. She was outright rude about it…. Wish I knew her name. So after waiting for a bit we said we were leaving the lady at front desk took out name and some info about where we want to go and said she would have the agent who was there call us. They don’t make appointments and they clearly don’t call back. So as of today, 4 days later no call…… wow imagine if you had a travel issue. We won’t ever go back to any AAA location.

Traci Thousand Oaks, CA

BEWARE !! BEWARE!! DO NOT USE FOR ANY TRAVEL PURPOSES Richard at AAA in Thousand Oaks Ca, (he is now at Santa Barbra office). Richard booked a trip (6 months in advance) for my family and our best friends family to Hawaii back in January 2017 to travel to Hawaii in JULY 2017 Both families booked and paid for the trip at the exact time. We asked Richard for families to have adjoin rooms at the Outrigger Beach Resort Waikii HI and be seated next to each other n the airlines. He stated he couldn't promise the adjoing rooms, but would be able to have hotel rooms next door or across the hall from each other. We arrived at the Outrigger Beach Hotel to check and the hotel tells us that they only have a reservation for one family, the other is booked at the Outrigger Reef Beach Resort. We called Richard right away and Richard tells us that we know about booking at a different hotel. He would not admit that this was his mistake and tried to say we know about being in different hotels. I told him why would I book and plan a trip with our best friends family and want to be separated. He told us we are in Hawaii and to just enjoy the trip. Richard did nothing to try to make up for this error. I truly regret using AAA travel service. I find it unacceptable that Richard could make a mistake like this and not admit to it. AAA failed to provide both family's the holiday we booked. Due to this major problem we encountered and for the distress. We as a group all suffered. I can truthfully say that my family and best friends family were provided with the complete opposite and we are truly disappointed. The compensation we would like from AAA is to make sure that this never happens to any other families /groups that are traveling together,

Wendy Gillespie

I'm really disappointed in the Luau recommended for our Maui vacation. We have 6 people in our party and we are in a parking lot! Sardined in to fit as many people as possible. I wish they would have discussed quality over quantity. Literally gravel under my feet! Lawn chairs to sit in! I would have been happy to pay more for a better quality experience. More authentic would have been nice as well. This is a Disneyland experience and not what I came for. I could have done this in California.

Sean Milwaukee, WI

Our travel agent Joy Haizel was completely incompetent , she never made any effort to answer my questions before our trip . But, when coming home from our trip, the airline didn't have us booked and we had to go thru hoops to get on the plane and had to pay AGAIN for our luggage, which we promptly called the credit card company and stopped the payment. It was a group of 15 of us, 7 children and two 75 year olds who I was worried about because they were stressed out about our lost reservation. The trip we booked was more than $20,000 in total, so I am sure that the lazy Haizel made a great commision and did not confirm our plane tix. Amazingly , she attempted to pass the buck and take NO responsibility!!! She should be fired !!! I will never use her or AAA again for any travel.

Mary Ann Lewellyn Franklin, OH

Had a AAA membership for many years for my husband and I. Used their travel services a couple of years ago to book a trip to Hawaii with a cruise around the islands. Was totally disappointed with the travel rep and after returning home found out that it cost us thousands more for the cruise than if we had booked the cruise directly with the cruise line. Will NEVER have a AAA membership again.

R M Fontana, CA

Dont ever book a flight throuh them. They are considered a third party booking company and you can not cancel you flight. The air line wont deal with you and AAA has a big " you should of read the fine print" attitude. When you call to book a flight you are connected to someone here in the states. When you call to cancel they connect you to someone over seas. So disappointing. 22 years of being a customer and this is how they treat you. Time to look elsewhere for better service.

MaryAnn Hagblom West Jordan, UT

It’s awesome to be able to get discounts for senior. As you get older every penny counts. They have lots of different things to get discounts on.

Brenda

Recently I wanted to book a vacation through AAA. I called and the travel agent said I didn’t need an appointment, just stop in. When I arrived she was with another customer. I waited well over an hour before approaching the travel desk and asking them why it was taking so long. The representative replied we only have one agent you can always go to another one of our sites.

Amanda Lowell, MA

If I can give a zero I would they are the worst by far travel agency I ever worked with. I spoke with the supervisor so I can get my money back because there was a natural disaster at the vacation spot booked and they would not give my money back. One of the worst customer services I’ve ever experienced. When there is a problem they do not work with the customer. We tried to explain to the supervisor how we did not want to go to a vacation spot where there had been a hurricane and she simply said we don’t understand what she’s saying instead of listening to the customer

Robin Russell Maricopa, AZ

Hello, I used a AAA travel agent by the name of Isabel G in the Anaheim Branch. The service I received from her was so poor that I threw up my hands and just walked away from our cruise plans and lost $200.00. I'm a world traveler and I put up with a lot that poor service is something I will not stand for.

James Doran Lynnwood, WA

Although AAA was willing to sell me Euros (which it did) they were not willing/able to buy back any leftover Euros. Will not buy foreign currency again from them. James Doran

Jim New Tripoli, PA

Terrible service from the agent involved at the Allentown office . Once she got her money she wouldn't return calls to help us with questions we had . Never again .