The timeshare industry is huge in the United States, with more than 9.5 million timeshare owners. For each timeshare property, the average annual maintenance fee is $970. For many families and individuals, a timeshare is a financial burden.
Understanding this hardship, the Timeshare Exit Team was founded in 2012 to help people exit their unwanted timeshares. Timeshare Exit Team helps owners in finding legal and safe ways to end their timeshare situation when it no longer fits their lifestyle.
Keep reading for pros and cons or skip to Timeshare Exit Team reviews from consumers like you.
- Free Face-to-Face or Online Consultation
- Exit Your Timeshare Safely and Legally
Free Face-to-Face or Online Consultation
Timeshare owners looking to end an unwanted timeshare contract may want to set up a free consultation with this business. Prospective clients can meet with a company consultant face-to-face or through an online consultation. Both options allow consumers to speak with a consultant and address any questions or concerns.
Exit Your Timeshare Safely and Legally
Timeshare Exit Team knows that ending your timeshare ownership isn't always an easy process, but the company aims to make the process a bit more straightforward. Here's what it's like to work with this company to cancel a timeshare contract:
- The first step in the process is scheduling a free consultation. This is where timeshare owners can further clarify what type of timeshare property or ownership arrangement they have, how the timeshare fees impact their budget and financial goals, and how Timeshare Exit Team can help. A Timeshare Exit Team consultant will help walk consumers through the process and answer any questions. If the timeshare owner decides the company is the right fit for their exit needs, they'll move on to step two.
- Step two of the process is relatively simple. The client is simply asked to gather all the necessary documentation and completed paperwork. The timeshare cancellation company even assigns the client a dedicated team who can help find any relevant information. Timeshare Exit Team does state that all documentation must be received before the company can continue.
- Step three is coming up with an exit strategy. With all the necessary documents and information gathered, Timeshare Exit Team will put together an exit strategy and a team of exclusive network partners who will transfer the ownership or negotiate to get the client out of the timeshare contract. The company boasts that its multi-faceted approach is unmatched and allows it to obtain exits from over one-thousand vacation resorts.
- Timeshare Exit Team promises that during step four, the company will manage the stress of the exit on the client's behalf and keep the client informed throughout the process. Because every case is unique, Timeshare Exit Team states that the case could take anywhere between 9 to 18 months, and possibly longer. The company is always looking for new opportunities within the exit market and will adjust the exit strategy if an expedited path is available. Timeshare Exit Team assures all clients that they will be exited from ownership safely, legally, and forever.
- Step five is the most exciting for consumers — it means they are timeshare free. Once the exit is finalized, clients will receive confirmation documents informing them that they are free from their timeshare obligations.
Something unique to Timeshare Exit Team that few other exit companies have is celebrity endorsements. However, Timeshare Exit Team proudly boasts that it has earned the trust of some of the most reputable names in television, radio, and consumer advocacy, including the following individuals:
- Dave Ramsey — a personal money-management expert and popular national radio personality
- Ben Shapiro — a conservative political commentator, public speaker, author, and lawyer
- Herman Cain — politician, business executive, syndicated columnist, and Tea Party activist
- Ted Garcia — Co-host of San Diego's Morning News and former timeshare owner
- Dave Johnson — radio personality, current sports director and morning sports anchor for 103.5 WTOP-FM
- Chris Plante — syndicated radio talk show host, based at WMAL Radio in Washington, D.C.
- Brett Hollander — WBAL afternoon weekday host
- Bobby Gailes — native New Yorker, WHUR 96.3 and SiriusXM Channel 141
- Joel Riley — 610 WTVN
While consumers should not choose a timeshare exit company solely based on a celebrity endorsement, it is a good sign that the company has so many endorsements as it helps build the company's authenticity and lowers the risk of scams.
- Money-Back Guarantee Limitations
- Timeshare Exit Team Cost Info
- Recent Timeshare Resort Lawsuits
Money-Back Guarantee Limitations
Although this exit company offers a 100 percent money-back guarantee, it would be wise for consumers to read the fine print as there are a few stipulations. The company website states, "Timeshare Exit Team by ReedHein & Associates guarantees our service — we will find a way to get you out of your timeshare or we will give you a complete refund. We stand behind our 100 percent money-back guarantee."
However, upon further reading consumers may notice that the fine print explains that the guarantee is void and unenforceable if the owner:
- (i) fails to fulfill the owner's representations or obligations required by this agreement, including, but not limited to, Owner stopping or delaying the exit process or refusing to sign a reasonably procured offer,
- (ii) does not timely and completely respond to requests by Reed Hein,
- (iii) fails to disclose a mortgage or other lien encumbrance on the owner's timeshare, or
- (iv) completes the exit process through alternative efforts while contractually engaged with Reed Hein for services.
Timeshare Exit Team Cost Info
Most timeshare exit companies require a personalized consultation before a service fee can be quoted. Timeshare Exit Team is no different.
If buying a timeshare has proven to be a luxury that you or your family can no longer afford, you need to know what it will cost to remedy the situation. Prospective clients should contact for a free consultation to learn about the cost of their specific cancellation, based on their specific contract, resort, and situation.
Recent Timeshare Resort Lawsuits
Timeshare Exit Team has been involved in recent lawsuits, including a suit brought by Holiday Inn Club Vacations, in which the judge ruled that "a reasonable jury could find (that some of Timeshare Exit Team’s statements) were literally false – or literally true but misleading." Holiday Inn's vacation ownership program already offers its own no-fee exit planning solutions through its Horizons program. The settlement prohibits Timeshare Exit Team from soliciting or taking money from any additional Holiday Inn Club Vacation owners.
Timeshare developer Diamond Resorts has also filed a lawsuit against Timeshare Exit Team for making false claims about getting clients out of contracts.
The Bottom Line
Timeshare Exit Team helps consumers cancel unwanted timeshare contracts. It does not buy, sell, or recover money previously paid toward a timeshare obligation. A money-back guarantee policy is offered, but consumers should fully understand the policy's restrictions and refund limitations before signing.
Timeshare Exit Team appears to be a legitimate company and is even endorsed by several celebrities and financial experts. Despite this, recent timeshare company lawsuits bring into question whether this cancellation company is a good fit for everyone. If you're looking to get out of your timeshare contract, we recommend researching all of your timeshare exit options.
Have you worked with the Timeshare Exit Team to cancel your timeshare? Let us know about your experience with a quick review below.