Vivid Seats Logo

Vivid Seats

9.9

LAST UPDATED: December 1st, 2021

Vivid Seats is a wide-ranging ticket reselling service, with access to all kinds of concert, theater, and sporting event tickets. It offers a buyer guarantee that its tickets will work and customer service via phone and chat.

Vivid Seats formed in 2001 to provide fans with a safe and secure way to find affordable tickets to your favorite events. It has processed more than $1 billion in successful ticket transactions and successfully sends tens of thousands of fans to their favorite live events each and every day.

Ticketmaster Logo
#3 Ticketmaster chevron_right
4.0
StubHub Logo
#4 StubHub chevron_right

The Good

• Variety of Events
  • Skybox Tool for Ticket Sellers
  • Respectable Partners
  • Insurance & Guarantees

Variety of Events

As a resale platform, Vivid Seats has a wide range of events to choose from, including concert and theater tickets, as well as professional and college-level sports and one-time events, like monster truck rallies.

Some events that Vivid Seats specializes:

• Sporting Events- Basketball, Football, Hockey, Rugby, Baseball, and more.
  • Concert Tours- Find tour dates and purchase tickets to hundreds of concerts throughout the year.
  • Theater Tickets- Buy mobile tickets for you and your family for shows like Dear Evan Hansen and Hamilton.
  • Local Events- Buy or sell tickets to a local festival or state fair.

Skybox Tool for Ticket Sellers

Unlike scalpers who must go and stand outside of the stadium buying and selling tickets, Vivid Seats has created a quick and straightforward way to sell your unused tickets. Both buyers and sellers can set up a personalized account through Vivid Seats. Sellers have the advantage of SkyBox by Vivid Seats, a free cloud-based tool that helps manage, price and sell your tickets. The software also integrates with StubHub and TicketMaster to allow consumers to manage multiple ticket sale accounts.

It is entirely free to list your tickets on the site. When they sell, Vivid Seats will take a 10% commission. If you don't want to lose 10% from your original price, you have the freedom to set the price on your tickets and can charge that extra in the cost of your ticket.

Respectable Partners

A boost to the site’s credibility is their status as the official ticket partner for ESPN and many more fan-favorite organizations and teams. These partnerships allow for exclusive ticket and fan event programs.

Insurance, Guarantees & Promos

Although ticket insurance isn’t available on every purchase, it is available for many through a third-party ticket insurance company. Pay attention at checkout to see if your ticket is eligible for this.

Vivid Seats offers a 100 percent Buyer Guarantee to ensure order accuracy, buyer privacy, and timely delivery of your tickets. This guarantee is for any ticket including concert tickets and sporting events. If tickets aren’t delivered in time, there is a money-back guarantee offering a full refund.

Its ticket prices for its events consist of the service fees and the original price of the ticket, much like its competitors, but its buyer guarantee keeps many feeling secure with their purchase.

A Vivid Seats coupon, discount, or promo code is offered periodically through the company’s newsletter or via push notifications on the Vivid Seats app.

The Bad

• No Return or Exchange Policies
  • Vivid Seats Fee

No Return or Exchange Policies

All purchases are final sale. They cannot be returned or exchanged. If you are unable to attend your event, you will want to keep in mind that this is a ticket resale platform. If you cannot use your tickets, you can always resell them through the site.

To clarify: Though tickets are final sale, the company still employs a buyer guarantee. If your event is canceled, you will be refunded.

Vivid Seats Fee

Similar to other ticket reseller websites, Vivid Seats has a service fee that ranges from 20%-40%. Although this is high, this is also expected. Many online ticket sellers must charge these fees to ensure that its company will make a profit. Compared to the industry Vivid Seats fee is a little above average, but you also get all of the added perks of a secure company rather than risking fake tickets or significant issues.

The Bottom Line

Vivid Seats offers many benefits, including official ticket partnerships, a large variety of ticket offerings, and easy-to-use software for sellers. So, if you are looking to find an Official Chicago Bears Ultimate Fan Package, or looking to resell unwanted tickets, this is a good option. The one thing to keep in mind is that all sales are final.

Greg Nyffeler Waukesha, WI

very helpful, one concern however is when the tix will show up because of where i need to direct their delivery. this time of year i travel between my home in wisconsin and arizona. as of now, i have directed their delivery to my wisconsin home, but i hope there will be the ability to change that if need be

Robin Willeford Sparks, NV

The whole process is very simple. The online experience, as well as, the phone center, is really amazing. I will use this company for many events in the future. Thank you!

Debby Adler Cary, IL

Brenda helped me to get a ticket in the same row because I accidentally only purchased one. My husband and I may not sit together but at least we will sit in the same row. Thank you Brenda from Vivid Seats.

Paul Felix Maple Grove, MN

Ordering was made very easy, by ur agent, who was so nice and patient with my stupidity- lol high marks all around-- still waiting for tix, but i have comfirmation

Amazon S. Milford, PA

My representative, Joshua B, was amazing and provided me with wonderful service! We also were able to have a wonderful conversation about my business and I was very pleased with our 30-min phone conversation! Thank you so much, Joshua B!

Brad Mississauga, ON

Very happy using Vivid Seats, I was having a small issue with the website and was able to call and speak directly to a representative (unlike Stubhub). Rudy was very helpful and was able to assist me in completing my order. Thanks Rudy and well done Vivid Seats! Brad

Kimberly Bradford West Hartford, CT

I worked with a girl name Amanda who is fantastic and she was very patient with me. She looked at several seats with me and went over several options and prices and went over them again and again as I asked. She delivered exceptional customer service.

Jim Ondick Overland Park, KS

I have used VividSeats the last few concerts I attended and have always had a good experience with using the site. This time I called in due to technical issues with the website was having at the time. I talked to Marvin, who was just fantastic in helping me get the tickets that I was attempting to purchase on the site. I could not ask for a better customer service experience and we're all set with tickets for TOOL! Thank you, Marvin!

SueL Cumberland, RI

First time calling... Joshua was amazing... made the process soooo easy... found the prices were better by calling direct rather than ordering online...

Michael Batavia, NY

Ticket buying experience was great. Noah, customer service rep, was extremely courteous and helpful. I hope that everything goes as well when our tickets our delivered and the date of the event arrives.

Anthonet

Josephine was a very polite agent who helped with purchasing my VIP tickets. She was very calm and understanding. This is also my first time using Vivid Seats and I can say it was a great experience. I’m looking forward to receiving my tickets and having a great time at the event.

STEPHANIE UHLMAN Fort Worth, TX

We called in because we had already purchased tickets but needed more. We had a discount code but it expired. Not only was Rad D awesome and got us tack on care of super fast. We were able to get a little bit of a discount. He was so kind. Thank you!

N Canecel Secaucus, NJ

Noel assisted me with my tickets. I instructed him to add ticket protection which he said he would and it would be billed separately. I waited an hour to be notified by my credit card and it was not. So I reached out to Vivid Seats to see what was going on with it. I sent several emails and all the replies stated Noel did not sign me up for ticket protection and that it was to late to do so. I asked them to listen to our conversation and they could hear me asking for it. But that did not matter, Vivid will not help me. Kimberley

Mike Hymas Denver, CO

Rhealie was very helpful and pleasant. I was having trouble on line so I called and was helped quickly and with a good degree of professionalism. I will use Vivid Seats again.

McKenna Nielsen Audubon, IA

I called into customer service because the 10% discount that I received was not being applied to my total. On the phone, Rick did a great job of making sure I got the 10% discount and also making sure that I received the email with my tickets.

Danavious Hurd Chicago, IL

I have been purchasing tickets to sporting events for years and Vivid seats is the only that has been getting my business for the past 5 years. Customer service is great and they try to work with so your experience is not stressful.

Jovanna Reyes Arlington, TX

It was a great experience this morning getting assistance from Romeo at vivid seats. Not only was he very informative but he also waited on the line while I confirmed with a friend about the purchase of the football game tickets. He was very patient and did not pressure me to receive a response right away. He was also very friendly and helpful. Thank you Romeo.

Kami Adamson Las Vegas, NV

My agent was very professional and helped me to select the best seats! I really appreciated the patience and guidance!

Shakira Pumphrey Austin, TX

Awesome agent! He answered my questions and quickly took care of my issue. Plus, he got my email and named spelled correct on the first try!

Sabino Services Inc Brunswick, ME

Dominga T was really nice, kind and helpful when I called asking for help. Excellent professional and I highly recommend.

Lisa Fitzgerald Chicago, IL

I"m sure they are fine if you don't have an issue. I had a typo in my email that I submitted -- there seemed to be no way to fix the problem easily . I"m sure I'm not the first person to have this issue -- I never got the ticket -- thank goodness it was only a VIP parking ticket - and the venue let me in with the printed receipt. I never got to talk to a human -- just chat on line.

Tina Kincart Lewiston, ID

It was the worst experience of my life I would never recommend this company. There was a service fee of $20 A ticket which I wanted to buy 8 They only allowed me to buy 4 at a time which made seating separate. Anyways to make a long story short I said wait a minute never mind I do not want to go with this company at $20 a ticket service fee plus my $77 he said it was too late already did it He knew I said wait a minute and went ahead and went with it Therefore I canceled it all went with another company at $22 ticket 6.50 service fee and seating better. What was so disturbing was I said wait a minute and he still did it he did not care however my credit card company will take care of it. NEVER GO WITH VIVID TERRIBLE OVERPRICED AND RUDE.

Todd Brait Stephens City, VA

I purchased tickets on Vivid Seats. First, they fee was hidden and I never saw the very high fee they charged. I purchased my tickets 5 days before the event. The seller sent the tickets 1 hour after purchase on Vivid but, there was an issue accepting the eTickets. after trying to chat for 3 hours with Vivid, they said to use an alternate email. I gave them a different email. after 2 days, I called. I was on hold over an hour and got cut off after 1 hour 30 minutes. Called back and was again on hold for over an hour. They said there was noting I could do until 2 hours before the event. I told them I wanted my money back and they said I could resell the tickets... I asked how I could resell tickets that I've never received! Night before the game, I still have no tickets. Worst support ever!

Cheryl Mendenhall Morrisville, PA

Ash was very knowledgeable and he helped me attain a better seat than the one I initially wanted to purchase he went above and beyond and I really appreciated it

patti budzinski Trenton, NJ

Spoke with Carlos on the phone. He was extremely helpful and patient! He was thorough, friendly, and knowledgeable. Would definitely work with him again

Aaron mna Little Falls, NY

Could not get through on the website so I called customer service. Ashley was able to get me the tickets quickly and pleasantly. Great experience. Look forward to using vivid again

Brit Frias Los Angeles, CA

Mary really helped out my daughter and I with parking tickets. We were confused and had a couple of questions. She answered all of them. Really appreciate you Mary. Thanks again. 😊

JL San Gabriel, CA

Love that Vivid Seats offers military discount! It was super easy to order tickets and apply the discount over the phone. Sales representative Peter P. was very helpful and thorough. My family will definitely use Vivid Seats in the future!

Diane D Jett Tucker, GA

I purchased 6 Tickets for Elton John, we are active Seniors and are excited about the concert. Alex was very helpful with my questions and very pleasant and patient with me and my questions. Thank you for having an Excellentc and Amazing employee.

Kevin Clearwater, FL

Great customer service from Josh V. clearly explained everything as I was using a credit from a cancelled event. I wasn't able to use the credit on the Vivid web site, made for a longer process. Josh was well informed and clearly explained how and when I would receive the tickets. Thanks Josh

Michael Giambalvo City of Saint Peters, MO

Arthur, Arturo was very friendly and answered all my questions. He even gave me an additional discount on my tickets because i made him aware that the tickets cost more than I had intended to pay. He understood and did what he could to lower the price. His friendliness made it easier for me to agree to purchase the tickets. Thanks to Arthur! Mike G.

Boe6fow The Bronx, NY

Our representative lived up to his real name which was angel.very professional, very polite, and very helpful.

kierah evans Romeoville, IL

Customer Service Rep Tony was very professional and helpful. Will continue to do business with Vivid Seats. 👍

Noel Brady Rockville Centre, NY

Excellent Experience using Vivid Seats Jasper was Amazing and Very Professional THANK YOU. Noel Brady

Dina Cast Henderson, NV

I was very happy to hear that I got a discount because I called and purchased tickets over the phone. Great customer service !!!

Wendy Gilpatrick Lincoln, ME

The agent was wonderful but I was disappointed he wasn’t able to see actual seat numbers. We wanted to sit 4x4 but had to get 8 in a row so ensure we were all together

Kelly D Long Beach, CA

In 2020, I ordered tickets to an event which was later postponed due to COVID. I emailed customer service and they told me to wait it out since the tickets will be eligible for the new rescheduled date. Well... it's been a year now and no rescheduled date. I recently sent an email to customer service saying that I just want my refund. They refuse to give it to me and advised I should sell my tickets. Who is going to buy tickets to an event that doesn't exist? Absolutely absurd. I will no longer be purchasing from Vivid Seats again. Will also be advising people to not purchase from this company as well.

David Beth Pahrump, NV

The rep (Fritzie) was extremely helpful and pleasant. No wasted time and only took 5 minutes or so to complete the purchase. Give her a pay raise or extra vacation time!!! Thank you Thank you

vw Potomac, MD

I like being able to be able to quickly view available seats & like earning reward cash. I don't like that online system couldn't apply the rewards directly & I needed to get customer service intervention. The customer service rep was excellent - efficient, friendly, spoke distinctly & was able to solve my problem.

Robert Gale Bay City, MI

I had issues ordering online, so I called Vivid by phone. My sales associate, Anna, was very helpful. She went above and beyond to assist me in my order. Great customer service!

Chris Odasso

Great representative. Helpful and kind.

Freddie Gavin ,

The agent was very knowledgeable and answer all of my questions. Made the transaction very smooth and easy. THANKS Will continue to use Vivid Seats for my concert and sports booking. Wish you guys would offer a deal to military ever now and then

Richard Smith Santa Cruz, G

Carlos was super helpful . He was very attentive to my questions.

Cfreshour Henderson, NV

Leo helped me with a technical problem I was having online. He was friendly and extremely helpful.

Angela Crespo Ontario, CA

We had the good fortune of speaking with your representative, Luc L. who went above and beyond to help us order 10 tickets to the Gabriel Iglesias event at the Honda Center, while we were sitting in the parking lot of the Honda Center feeling very disappointed that the tickets were completely sold out with them. I'd first attempted to buy them on line with no success so we were overjoyed and grateful for Luc's patience and understanding with us and we were able to successfully order the 10 tickets and get them over night mailed to us (as we were concerned that the event is next Saturday and we have the X-Mas holiday this upcoming week). He was absolutely awesome! I am a Manager at my Company and would love to have someone like Luc working for me!

james tudor Valparaiso, IN

we have not taken an RV class A vehicle to the solider field stadium. Mark was very very helpful in answer questions about arrival time and rules for the extra large vehicle. He read the stadium on line reference to us which assured us they are published guidelines we can rely on. Mark was also very good about giving us first time discount and applied sale coupons to our purchase. repeated the steps we need to use for our cell phones to accept the electronic tickets for November. He was not in a hurry and tended to our questions with patience and experience. We put Mark in our cell phones for future reference of event purchases via VIVID SEATS

Cory White Blaine, WA

I called today to reactivate a Vivid Seats credit that I had to purchase some Dave Matthews tickets. I got the credit due to tickets I purchased for an Eagles concert were not accepted/valid as we tried to enter the concert. A frantic call to Vivid Seats got everything fixed, they got us new tickets and also go some Vivid Seats credit due to the issue. To this day I am still AMAZED how they handled the situation!!!! So today I called to reactivate the credit as it was only good for 6 months. With no questions asked they reactivated the credit and applied it to my purchase of 2 Dave Matthew tickets at the Gorge!!! Julian was amazing to work with. He was fast and efficient and really assisted us in getting the best possible seats within the price range and area we were looking to get tickets. Vivid Seats has someone great to represent their company. Thanks again Julian.

Mary ( Kay ) Ketelaar Maumee, OH

At first I was very frustrated trying to order online. I filled out the order form & at the end was told my credit card wasn't correct & order denied. This happened 3x then I switched to another card & the same thing happened 3x. I was afraid I was going to lose my selection. I then went to chat email & waited forever & no one responded. Finally I went to the chat live & was helped by Mark J. He immediately relieved my stress & was able to get my order placed. He was very professional, pleasant & friendly. He explained everything to me & answered all my questions including why there was a different total between what was originally written to what his total showed. Fortunately he realized I must have received an email regarding a discount which I didn't notice at first. Mark then, realizing I'm not tech savvy, had me forward the email to him. I will keep my emails so if I need to order tickets again, I'll contact Mark. He is a valuable asset to your company!

[email protected] San Diego, CA

WHAT A GREAT START TO MY DAY So, I will know no longer be going through Ticket Master.... Jason with vivid seats has already started my concert experience and it's two months out! He is so knowledgeable about ticket seating, ticket pricing, all the different methods of how tickets are sold and resold, how to get the most for your money, the science on the ticket industry PERIOD! Jason was transparent, and he took the time to earn my trust over the phone and walked me through the process of feeling like my purchase will lead to one of the best times of my life! So yes, I am now referring all of my friends and family to vivid seats, yes, Will no longer go else where for tickets because Jason educated me how the fees are higher else where, and yes Jason needs to get a raise or a promotion because he truly cares. I have never met him but I TRULY MADE A CONNECTION WITH VIVID SEATS TODAY!

Lynne Swampscott, MA

I must say I was very skeptical about ordering the tickets from Vivid seats after reading mixed reviews. I was pleasantly surprised with my experience. My tickets came just as promised the next day. I called customer service a few times because I was not sure my tickets would come and everyone on the phone was great. They sent me tracking information as well. Based on my experience I would buy from them again and recommend Vivid seats to others. I haven't received my credit card bill but I fill confident that I will be charged what I expect based on my confirmation email as they are very transparent about the up front fees. They are all listed before you purchase your ticket.