Vivid Seats

Vivid Seats Logo

5.2

Vivid Seats

Time in Business: 2001

Vivid Seats is a wide-ranging ticket reselling service, with access to all kinds of concert, theater, and sporting event tickets. They offer a buyer guarantee and customer service via phone and chat.

The Good

• Variety of Events
  • Skybox Tool for Ticket Sellers
  • Respectable Partners
  • Insurance & Guarantees

Variety of Events

As a resale platform, Vivid Seats has a wide variety of events to choose from, including concert and theater tickets, as well as professional and college-level sports and one-off events, like monster truck rallies.

Skybox Tool for Ticket Sellers

Both buyers and sellers can set up a personalized account. Sellers have the advantage of SkyBox by Vivid Seats, a free cloud-based tool that helps manage, price and sell your tickets. The software also integrates with StubHub and TicketMaster to allow you to manage multiple ticket sale accounts.

It is completely free to list your tickets on the site. When they sell, Vivid Seats will take a 10% commission. You have the freedom to set the price on your tickets, so you can always add this amount into your price if you don't want to lose 10% from your original price.

Respectable Partners

A boost to the site’s credibility is their status as the official ticket partner for ESPN and many more fan-favorite organizations and teams. These partnerships allow for exclusive ticket and fan event programs.

Insurance, Guarantees & Promos

Although ticket insurance isn’t available on every purchase, it is available for many through a third-party ticket insurance company. Pay attention at checkout to see if your ticket is eligible for this.

Vivid seats offers a 100% Buyer Guarantee to ensure order accuracy, buyer privacy, and timely delivery of your tickets. If tickets aren’t delivered in time, there is a moneyback guarantee.

Discounts and promo codes are offered periodically through the company’s newsletter or via push notifications on the Vivid Seats app.

The Bad

No Return or Exchange Policies

All purchases are final sale. They cannot be returned or exchanged. If you are unable to attend your event, you will want to keep in mind that this is a ticket resale platform. If you cannot use your tickets, you can always resell them through the site.

Just to clarify: Though tickets are final sale, the company still employs a buyer guarantee. If your event is canceled, you will be refunded.

The Bottom Line

Vivid Seats offers many benefits, including official ticket partnerships, a large variety of ticket offerings, and easy to use software for sellers. So, if you are looking to find an Official Chicago Bears Ultimate Fan Package, or just to resell unwanted tickets, this is a good option. The one thing to keep in mind is that all sales are final.

Meaghan Corrigan
March 13th, 2018 Franklin, TN DETAILS

I bought tickets for a game and they gave me the wrong tickets. I spent over $200 and they gave me $20 tickets. I called and recieved horrible customer service and they refused to help me and accused and blamed me. They said i could just sell the tickets i recieved and buy new tickets. I may get $10 for the horrible tickets!!! They completely scammed me and ripped me off!!

Kate Jones
January 8th, 2018 Wilmington, DE DETAILS

Horrible experience. $118 in fees added to my bill after I hit confirm purchase. I've seen hundreds of reviews with other customers having a similar issue. Charged an outrageous amount for tickets. With Vivid Seats 2 tickets cost me $490, going through the venue itself cost me $50.

Roberta Morcone
January 8th, 2018 Ketchum, ID DETAILS

Tried to purchase tickets day of the event. Vivid Seats had the wrong email address to deliver the tickets to and even after being informed of the correct email address hours before the event they could not provide the tickets. Their customer service had no way to correct the problem and I was charged for the tickets I never received! Buyer beware.

Consumer1234
December 19th, 2017 Seattle, WA DETAILS

I purchased theater tickets the day of the performance and never received them! I had to call customer service 4 separate times over the course of the 4 hours leading up to the play and was continually told that my tickets should arrive within the next 30 minutes - 1 hour. Finally, 1 hour before the start time I was told that I should have just received my tickets as it showed up as sent on the company's end. Well I never received anything! To make matters worse it has been 2 weeks and now the company is refusing to issue me a refund. Horrible horrible customer service and a downright scam. Do yourself a favor and steer clear.

Patrick
December 14th, 2017 Orem, UT DETAILS

I saw Kanye West through these guys in Vegas. It was a concert of a lifetime. I got the tickets at an amazing price. The tickets should have been $400 but it was only $175. It was a sweet deal. Great customer service!

Aaron
December 14th, 2017 New York, NY DETAILS

I recently purchased seats for the Nutcracker at the David Koch theatre, third ring, section a-e. When the tickets arrived they where for the third ring but section AA. This section is a cheaper section to buy on vivid seats and the theatre itself values them at a discount from what I originally purchased. The service agent said they can upgrade you and this was considered an upgrade although it was a side view and two sections from the middle of the theatre which I purchased. When I explained these tickets were a downgrade she said it was an upgrade and they reserve the right to upgrade. After going around in circles she couldn’t grasp basics of ticket pricing, better seats cost more and she said she was dealing with industry stadards in mind. She then ended the phone call. Vivid seats are con artists and I would not purchase anything from them again.

Cassidy Gundersen
December 12th, 2017 Orem, UT DETAILS

We use vivid seats all the time for sports tickets! We love them. Their app is easy to use and keeps the tickets in a convenient location. We have never had any issues with their service. My only complaint is that the fees are seemingly high!

William
December 8th, 2017 South Jordan, UT DETAILS

Very convenient to use. I have always been able to find tickets to the event I am looking for at a comparable price. Receiving the tickets is fast and easy too.

smillwood
November 27th, 2017 Ohatchee, AL DETAILS

I purchased tickets for a concert and they charged me $113 in service fees. I immediately contacted them and requested to cancel the transaction after the representative could not tell me how the fees are determined. She repeatedly told me it was determined by a number of factors. There is no clear rhyme or reason for the service fees, which I feel is deceiving. I learned a valuable lesson but will not ever do business with this company again. I will either purchase from Ticketmaster or Stubhub. I could have purchased the same tickets from Stubhub for much less. Vivid seats had the same tickets listed "lower" than Stubhub but the final price was much higher.

Julie Baker
November 20th, 2017 Jacksonville, FL DETAILS

I have never experienced the bad customer service that I did with this company, ever before with any other company! I tried calling and could not get through to anyone, I tried the online chat and was told that I would be emailed and someone would get back to me and no one did. The cost of the tickets were 3x the price of the actual tickets and higher than sold anywhere else. Then they said they responded to me and I never once received a response and I never got the tickets before the concert and they still did not refund me my money!! The worst ticket sales company ever, beware and do not use, look at BBB they don't have an accredited account and tons of bad reviews :)

Jen
September 19th, 2017 Redondo Beach, CA

I listed a pair of tickets for sale for $98, but my tickets were stolen so I called them to ask about what I should do. they made a decision to cancel my sales without confirming with me and without full disclosure on cancellation penalty which is a whooping $178. and i called them again, they wouldn't explain to me why the cancellation penalty was $178.

Salvatore Acino
September 11th, 2017

Lost my order number so I couldn't track my order. I called Vivid Seats and was told( via recording)since the even that I ordered tickets for was more than two days away , for best service was to contact them by email. I have sent two email and no response. My credit card company has been billed and I don't know if I have any tickets or when I will get them. This may turn out to be a $200.00 lesson.

MK
August 28th, 2017 Lansdale, PA

Do not use Vivid seats, they are scammers. they will try to rip you off, they do not give you the final purchase until after you click "confirm". But they mislead you about the price . Unfortunate, a very bad company.

Kari
August 28th, 2017 Noblesville, IN

I bought box seats for Zac Brown at Klipsch there are four seats in a box, Vivid seats decided to add 2 additional seats so there were six of us crammed in. I bought seat 1 & 2 in March 2017 for the August show. No where did they state they would add additional seats. I called customer service and was on hold for over 30 mins. Don't waste your money!!!!!!

Carina Grasso
August 15th, 2017 Kissimmee, FL

Purchased tickets for the wrong date by accident and tried to get vividseats to reissue immediately after the purchase but they refused. Appeals were also denied so we finally decided to go ahead and attend the concert anyway. They refused to send us the tickets at this point or give us the money back. In the end they kept our money and the tickets. Vividseats is a rip-off... Buyer beware

Robert Hill
June 23rd, 2017

THIS ISSUE WAS RESOLVED AFTER POSTING THIS REVIEW I bought a ticket from VividSeats and they were unable to provide it, despite their "100% Buyer Guarantee". Customer service was very apologetic and provided me with a credit for a future order, as well as reimbursing me for what I paid. I was impressed by this, although when I then tried to use the credit, I was told the credit had expired and was no good. Customer service was no help this time, telling me it was my fault for not using the credit sooner. I was never told of any restrictions on the credit, including how long it was valid for. VividSeat buyers beware.

Jim McAfee
June 21st, 2017

I received my tickets and they were not together. Doesn't make for a good date night. Seller misrepresented seat locations.

Patrick Mastroianni
March 8th, 2017 Patchogue, NY

I placed and paid for an order for Miss Saigon tickets in NYC for April 7 through Vivid Seats. Then AFTER I placed the order I received a notification that the seller would be ready to send the tickets on April 6, THE DAY BEFORE THE EVENT!!!! This, of course is unacceptable from any reasonable point of view. I then IMEDIATEDLY called Vivid seats requesting that they either change the delivery date or method or refund my payment. The representative, Jessie, who claimed to be a manager, refused to help in ANY way at all. I then went on line and was shocked to see that I am by no means alone in the experience I've had! In fact the reviews were so bad (at SEVERAL different review sites), that I'm wondering whether I should ask my state's Attorney General's office to take a good look at Vivid Seats, as it would appear from their website, that they do a fair amount of business in my state, and they have MANY MANY complaints. I am VERY dissatisfied not only with their operating policies, but with their utter disregard for client satisfaction. I will never purchase so much as a movie ticket from this company!

Jennifer
October 10th, 2016 Seattle, WA

this is a horrible company ! I will NEVER purchase from them EVER again!!

Roger
August 2nd, 2016 Katy, TX

"Bought 5 tickets for an event from them. After applying my credit card, the system showed total cost WAY OVER. They charged me $25/ticket extra and Overnight fees. After talking to customer service they gave me some refund back. Today I got my tickets, I thought i am buying "center" tickets for $100/each, I got "SIDE center" valued at $45/each, but they charged me $100/each. Oh by the way there are many seats available at $45 that I can buy! WILL NEVER USE THEM AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Rwrenn
July 21st, 2016 Madison, AL

two tickets for a cubs game, 286 dollars each. I paid 71 dollars each in service fees. what I thought was a 500 dollar plus purchase was actually a 700 plus dollar purchase. Cannot cancel order. It is a complete rip off in that I as a naïve user to the sight, had no idea about the fees (though I'm sure they were shown somewhere during my purchase, I did not see it). I buy lots of stuff, ebay, amazon, etc... I'm not a naïve web user. just naïve to this process. I'm out $150. furious. I'll never use this method again.

Ryan Sasha Lam
June 13th, 2016

Do not buy from vivid they will try to rip you off you don't know final purchase until after you pat

Unhappy Former Customer
February 3rd, 2016 Fort Lauderdale, FL

I purchased 2 tickets in November 2015 to a Garth Brookes concert on January, 15 2016 for $223. The tickets themselves cost $68.75, the rest of the costs were fees that I was not aware of until after the tickets were purchased. I didn't receive (via email) the tickets until the night before the event. A friend and I went to the concert and were told that one of the tickets was invalid and the other would not even scan. Both my friend and I tried to contact Vivid Seats via their (800) number. We were routed to an automated message that asked you to email [email protected], it did not give any other options, i.e. to talk with a representative or to leave a voicemail. My friend and I had to purchase 2 new tickets in order to see the show. I called Pay Pal (how I paid for the tickets) the next morning and they put me in touch Vivid Seats. I filed a dispute with Vivid Seats the next morning claiming that the tickets were not valid. I them a copy of the tickets and offered to send in the receipts from purchasing the new tickets. It took 2 weeks to get any kind of answer. The "supervisor" I spoke with at Vivid Seats was not only rude, but said the following; that I could not prove that the tickets were invalid, or that I purchased new tickets (even though I had receipts to prove this) and that they would not refund me any money for the purchase of the tickets. He then argued with me when I tried to explain that I did have proof and he kept repeating that I should have tried to call the day of the event. Again, I tried to explain that I did call the day of the event, but was unable to get a hold of an actual person. I also tried to explain that I called first thing the next morning. I ended the call at that point, as the "supervisor" continued arguing and raising his voice at me. Vivid Seats sells fraudulent tickets, inflates the prices of tickets, charges service fees that are outrageous, lacks professionalism and any type of customer service, and does not stand behind what they say.

RAY VALDEZ
June 9th, 2015 Houston, TX

THIS COMPANY HAS NO CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS IN TRYING TO RESOLVE CUSTOMERS CONCERNS OR REFUNDS. THEY SELL FAKE OR DUPLICATE TICKETS REDEEMED AND BOUGHT FOR SOME ELSE. DO NOT BUY IF YOU REALLY WANT TO GET IN AND ENJOY THE SHOW BY GETTING IN.