Contact A Company$100 Satisfaction Guarantee keyboard_arrow_right

Vivid Seats

Vivid Seats Logo

Vivid Seats

Time in Business: 2001

Vivid Seats is a wide-ranging ticket reselling service, with access to all kinds of concert, theater, and sporting event tickets. They offer a buyer guarantee and customer service via phone and chat.

The Good

• Variety of Events
  • Skybox Tool for Ticket Sellers
  • Respectable Partners
  • Insurance & Guarantees

Variety of Events

As a resale platform, Vivid Seats has a wide variety of events to choose from, including concert and theater tickets, as well as professional and college-level sports and one-off events, like monster truck rallies.

Skybox Tool for Ticket Sellers

Both buyers and sellers can set up a personalized account. Sellers have the advantage of SkyBox by Vivid Seats, a free cloud-based tool that helps manage, price and sell your tickets. The software also integrates with StubHub and TicketMaster to allow you to manage multiple ticket sale accounts.

It is completely free to list your tickets on the site. When they sell, Vivid Seats will take a 10% commission. You have the freedom to set the price on your tickets, so you can always add this amount into your price if you don't want to lose 10% from your original price.

Respectable Partners

A boost to the site’s credibility is their status as the official ticket partner for ESPN and many more fan-favorite organizations and teams. These partnerships allow for exclusive ticket and fan event programs.

Insurance, Guarantees & Promos

Although ticket insurance isn’t available on every purchase, it is available for many through a third-party ticket insurance company. Pay attention at checkout to see if your ticket is eligible for this.

Vivid seats offers a 100% Buyer Guarantee to ensure order accuracy, buyer privacy, and timely delivery of your tickets. If tickets aren’t delivered in time, there is a moneyback guarantee.

Discounts and promo codes are offered periodically through the company’s newsletter or via push notifications on the Vivid Seats app.

The Bad

No Return or Exchange Policies

All purchases are final sale. They cannot be returned or exchanged. If you are unable to attend your event, you will want to keep in mind that this is a ticket resale platform. If you cannot use your tickets, you can always resell them through the site.

Just to clarify: Though tickets are final sale, the company still employs a buyer guarantee. If your event is canceled, you will be refunded.

The Bottom Line

Vivid Seats offers many benefits, including official ticket partnerships, a large variety of ticket offerings, and easy to use software for sellers. So, if you are looking to find an Official Chicago Bears Ultimate Fan Package, or just to resell unwanted tickets, this is a good option. The one thing to keep in mind is that all sales are final.

1.1

starstar_halfstar_borderstar_borderstar_border

Christopher King
December 5th, 2018 Seattle, WA DETAILS

Online scalping operation. Way over paid for Elvis Costello in Vancouver by like, 100% overpaid. I am going to make a YouTube video about these thieves. As a lawyer I should have researched more but they had such an aggressive web presence that I didn't even see ticketmaster and just went with them. Companies like this should eat sewer water and die. Google: KingCast + Vivid Seats soon. Ima post pics of all these reviews too.

Mr. Revenge
December 3rd, 2018 Davison, MI DETAILS

As others have said DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. They mislead you on the price, the site is rigged to charge you without confirming the outrageous fees. Their employees are trained to deny any refunds or cancellations. They point the finger back at you and say you clicked on the OK tab right next to no refunds statement. WRONG! They sent me a screen shot of something else claiming it was my purchase, WRONG. Waiting on credit card company's decision on the FRAUD that was committed. If I get money back it will be a lesson for me and only time wasted. If I do not get refunded it will be very, very bad news for the owner of this company.

Randon
November 27th, 2018 Hooper, UT DETAILS

I recently purchased tickets to a Dallas Cowboys Game. I had previously searched and started the process to purchase tickets to a specific game. When I resumed my search and purchased the tickets the game had been switched to a different game. I immediately contacted Vivid to ask for a refund which they wouldn't give me. I then asked to have them help me resale those tickets and they said that they couldn't help me. I also asked them about refunding just my buyers fees or giving me a credit for my next buyers fees and no movement on their end. I'll never purchase tickets through them again.

Kathie Bowman
November 16th, 2018 Lakeside, CA DETAILS

I have used vivid seats a couple of times for concert tickets. the site was easy to use. would use it again

Jeffrey T Moore
November 13th, 2018 Laguna Beach, CA DETAILS

Zero stars. Bought tickets from them. Did not request a refund, simply went on the site to resell tickets PURCHASED ON VIVID SEATS. Ready for this? I couldn't because they don't support the ticket form THEY sold me because of FRAUD!!! And forget customer service altogether.It will make your experience a life sized disaster of incomprehensible logic for their business policies.

JACQUALINE N HAVEL
November 9th, 2018 Nyack, NY DETAILS

This is a terrible website. They allow their sellers to charge whatever they want for the tickets even if it's much higher than the original ticket price, BUT they don't show the original ticket price to the buyers before they buy! This is robbery! Customer service is very unhelpful. My sister made a purchase using my credit card and than immediately contacted them before the transaction even went through, to tell them it was a mistake and they still refused to void the transaction. We ended up with two $65 dollar tickets that we couldn't use, that she paid $125 each for after the up-charge, fees, and ticket insurance. By the way the ticket insurance is also a scam. After we found out we couldn't void the transaction, we tried using the ticket insurance to do a return and they said we were not eligible. Vivid seats need to be shut down.

K
November 7th, 2018 Deerfield, OH DETAILS

Awful. Never received my tickets, even though they charged my card. Customer service was a joke...said they would investigate, but basically said I was just going to have to wait and see what happened. Also did not back up there guarentee. But def reminded me that there was no fefunds. Never buy from them....total scam

JJ Weber
October 30th, 2018 La Crescenta, CA DETAILS

ONCE IN A LIFETIME TREAT FOR FAMILY IS DISASTER BECAUSE OF vivid tickets. Purchased $400 ticket x 6 in April 2018 to take my family to football game in Los Angeles in Oct 2018. We did not receive tickets until we called customer service the day before the game. Well, guess what the tickets were in the $100 section!! What a horrible unethical company this is-VIVID TICKETS IS HORRIBLE. Do not under any circumstances purchase your tickets with vivid seats. Why didn't they just say we resold your tickets (for more money) and we have to offer you other seats?? NOOO fellow best company readers... they have to take the money, money, money. If anyone is interested in the claim I have AMX bill and ticket numbers to show you.

Garry Sibilleau
October 25th, 2018

The ticket price says $153 but there are hidden fees that are designed to be overlooked or hidden until its to late. Do not be fooled, the ticket price you see is not even close to what you will be billed! Also there is the worry that you may not even see the tickets as so many others have stated. I paid a $50 markup on a $150 ticket. I normally check reviews before making online purchases but this time I didn't. This company is basically a online ticket scalper.

Kevin Harrison
October 22nd, 2018 Mansfield, TX DETAILS

I purchased two tickets for a friend to the OU-TCU football game in Fort Worth for 10.20.18. When they arrived, they couldn't get in because they were holding duplicate tickets with another person stand in line next to them. (BTW, this is the second time Vivid Seats has done this to me. The first time was at a MLB playoff game) My friend couldn't get in, so I called Vivid Seats Customer Service. I was on hold for over 40 minutes in two calls and then had to call back a third time. MY EVENT WAS HAPPENING AT THAT MOMENT, BUT I HAD BEEN SOLD DUPLICATE SEATS!!!! WHAT ABOUT PEOPLE "BEING PRIORITIZED WHO HAVE EVENTS THAT DAY?!?" While I was on hold, no one EVER came back to me and told me they were still trying to reach a department. The “customer service agents" (and I use that phrase lightly) were Omar, Chris, and Cecelia, in that order. After failing to get an answer after 20 minutes of being on hold the first time, I called backed and asked to speak with a manager on my next two calls. The first time Chris told me he was transferring me to one, but no one ever answered. The second time Cecelia said it was impossible and refused my request outright. AWFUL JOB!!! Bottom line: I was transferred two times to a specific department that NEVER ANSWERED. When I asked for a direct line to that department, I was told there is no direct line they can give out. What a scam!!! Vivid Seats is great if you enjoy the excitement of never knowing if your tickets are going to work or not. I've never had this issue with other ticket brokers, so I'm cancelling my account with Vivid. What a joke! Almost an hour of hold time and still no resolution or person on the other end of transferred line! Remember: My tickets were for today!!!

Garin Hays
October 9th, 2018 Atlanta, GA DETAILS

Never recieved my tickets - they didn’t seem to mind and stuck to no refund. Stole $204 of my money - will never buy tickets through them again. They never have the tickets in their possession so there is nothing they will do if the buyer doesn’t send or incorrectly enters your email.

Kenny
October 8th, 2018 Athol, ID DETAILS

I purchased some really expensive tickets to a Godsmack concert in Spokane WA. I was guaranteed the row and section. They never shipped my tickets and waited until the last minute to send me an email and let me know those seats weren't available. If I would have known this up front I could have bought bought different seats (actually better) and downloaded the tickets. Now since they waited until the last minute there is nothing but crap seats left. They did offer me some other seats in a different section further from the stage. In their ad they say better or comparable seats. That didn't happen. This will be the first and last time I use Vivid Seats. What a joke. I haven't been to a concert in over 30 years, I wanted really good seats. Thanks for ruining my concert experience Vivid Seats.

Coconner
October 4th, 2018 New Hyde Park, NY DETAILS

I ordered tickets for University of Arizona football game on parents weekend and was contacted a week later advising the seller has double sold the tickets and the ones I had were not valid. Now I’m in the nosebleed section. Unbelievable. To be in the business of ticket selling they need to have a process and technology in place to ensure this doesn’t happen. . Vivid Seats says all their tickets are authentic, valid and transferable - clearly that is a lie. First and last time I buy from them.

Cami Jones
October 1st, 2018 Little Rock, AR DETAILS

This was my first experience using Vivid Seats and my absolute last time. I have never been more frustrated by a customer service “team.” Let me start by saying, I purchased tickets on Thursday, September 27th to be overnighted to my mom’s house and arrive on Friday, September 28th. Vivid Seats specifically says on their website and via text “All tickets are guaranteed to be delivered in time for your event, and you will receive a tracking number via email once the order has shipped.” I checked the UPS tracking number on Friday around 11:00am and no update was given. It wasn’t until I checked around 1:00pm that it said “delivery attempted at 9:24am.” No email, no phone call, no text, nothing. UPS ALWAYS leaves a note saying they attempted delivery. Nothing. So, I call UPS Customer Service to track down the package. I’m told they have no idea where the package is!!! I arrive in town and go to the UPS Customer Center to speak with someone directly. They take my phone number and let me know they will call if they find it during unloading trucks. I called Vivid Seats Customer to explain the situation. After explaining myself 10 times to 10 different people, I am offered zero help. The event was today, Saturday, September 29th. I was beyond frustrated at the lack of customer service. Each “agent” acted like a robot and kept saying “I’m looking into this for you.” I told them that UPS lost my package which is exactly what happened. I receive a call this morning from a UPS representative saying my package was accidentally shipped an HOUR AND A HALF AWAY and was on a 50 foot trailer sitting, waiting to be unloaded on Monday. I call Vivid Seats, again. I ask for the tickets to be reissued and sent via email. They tell me this isn’t possible and that I will not be receiving a refund. I was hung up on once by a man. I get through to a “senior customer service representative” who ended up arguing with me over the whole situation. Do not use Vivid Seats. The “agents” are real people but trained to be robots. They were no help in resolving my issue. You better believe I will be pursuing legal action to get my money back. The combination of Vivid Seats customer service and UPS losing my package (of tickets) pushed me over the edge. THEN, to say that a reissue of the tickets sent to my email was not possible and that I would NOT be receiving a refund brought me here to writing this review. I went ahead and purchased more tickets so that I could take my family to this event today. I used a different provider for the tickets. I always give people the benefit of the doubt. After frantically attempting to figure out this dilemma, I feel the need to share my experience and warn others away from this “company.” There are NUMEROUS similar reviews on all websites regarding Vivid Seats. They sent me an email each time I called asking to complete a customer satisfaction survey. At the end it states, “you are acknowledging that we may edit your review or choose not to post to our website.” There you have it. No business would ever let the customers know that they will edit the reviews they receive. I hope you have read this review and hear my please to not use this “business.”

Cristi Stafford
October 1st, 2018 Amory, MS DETAILS

Today was the expected delivery date to receive my tickets for the event tomorrow. I've yet to receive them. I have chatted with them 4 times today and each time they said " we have a 100% guarantee, so you'll get them". Finally 20 mins ago I chatted with them yet again and they said they would send out an alert to my seller TOMORROW. The day of my event. We need to leave for this event at 7am. They dont open until 7 am. I'm not pleased at all. Each time I've talked to them they have not cared at all that I have yet to receive my tickets that I paid $227 for back in may. Why haven't they already sent out a dang alert to whomever i purchased the tickets from instead of waiting until the day of my event so either I'm gonna have to be late for the event or go ahead and drive almost 2 hours away in hopes i receive my tickets. I would not use vivid seats. Use stub hub

Barry Morton
September 27th, 2018 Indianapolis, IN DETAILS

Horrendous experience listing tickets on their site. My mistake was that I logged in by Facebook, which had me down at one email. However, my PayPal account was listed on another email. So when I went and made a change at Facebook to rectify the problem, my listings were taken down and no email was sent to me! Customer service--declared that I had been flagged for "fraud" and refused to help in any way. I am no longer allowed to sell through their site as I have been determined to be some sort of criminal, when I was just a newbie!

Meaghan Corrigan
March 13th, 2018 Franklin, TN DETAILS

I bought tickets for a game and they gave me the wrong tickets. I spent over $200 and they gave me $20 tickets. I called and recieved horrible customer service and they refused to help me and accused and blamed me. They said i could just sell the tickets i recieved and buy new tickets. I may get $10 for the horrible tickets!!! They completely scammed me and ripped me off!!

Kate Jones
January 8th, 2018 Wilmington, DE DETAILS

Horrible experience. $118 in fees added to my bill after I hit confirm purchase. I've seen hundreds of reviews with other customers having a similar issue. Charged an outrageous amount for tickets. With Vivid Seats 2 tickets cost me $490, going through the venue itself cost me $50.

Roberta Morcone
January 8th, 2018 Ketchum, ID DETAILS

Tried to purchase tickets day of the event. Vivid Seats had the wrong email address to deliver the tickets to and even after being informed of the correct email address hours before the event they could not provide the tickets. Their customer service had no way to correct the problem and I was charged for the tickets I never received! Buyer beware.

Consumer1234
December 19th, 2017 Seattle, WA DETAILS

I purchased theater tickets the day of the performance and never received them! I had to call customer service 4 separate times over the course of the 4 hours leading up to the play and was continually told that my tickets should arrive within the next 30 minutes - 1 hour. Finally, 1 hour before the start time I was told that I should have just received my tickets as it showed up as sent on the company's end. Well I never received anything! To make matters worse it has been 2 weeks and now the company is refusing to issue me a refund. Horrible horrible customer service and a downright scam. Do yourself a favor and steer clear.

Patrick
December 14th, 2017 Orem, UT DETAILS

I saw Kanye West through these guys in Vegas. It was a concert of a lifetime. I got the tickets at an amazing price. The tickets should have been $400 but it was only $175. It was a sweet deal. Great customer service!

Aaron
December 14th, 2017 New York, NY DETAILS

I recently purchased seats for the Nutcracker at the David Koch theatre, third ring, section a-e. When the tickets arrived they where for the third ring but section AA. This section is a cheaper section to buy on vivid seats and the theatre itself values them at a discount from what I originally purchased. The service agent said they can upgrade you and this was considered an upgrade although it was a side view and two sections from the middle of the theatre which I purchased. When I explained these tickets were a downgrade she said it was an upgrade and they reserve the right to upgrade. After going around in circles she couldn’t grasp basics of ticket pricing, better seats cost more and she said she was dealing with industry stadards in mind. She then ended the phone call. Vivid seats are con artists and I would not purchase anything from them again.

Cassidy Gundersen
December 12th, 2017 Orem, UT DETAILS

We use vivid seats all the time for sports tickets! We love them. Their app is easy to use and keeps the tickets in a convenient location. We have never had any issues with their service. My only complaint is that the fees are seemingly high!

William
December 8th, 2017 South Jordan, UT DETAILS

Very convenient to use. I have always been able to find tickets to the event I am looking for at a comparable price. Receiving the tickets is fast and easy too.

smillwood
November 27th, 2017 Ohatchee, AL DETAILS

I purchased tickets for a concert and they charged me $113 in service fees. I immediately contacted them and requested to cancel the transaction after the representative could not tell me how the fees are determined. She repeatedly told me it was determined by a number of factors. There is no clear rhyme or reason for the service fees, which I feel is deceiving. I learned a valuable lesson but will not ever do business with this company again. I will either purchase from Ticketmaster or Stubhub. I could have purchased the same tickets from Stubhub for much less. Vivid seats had the same tickets listed "lower" than Stubhub but the final price was much higher.

Julie Baker
November 20th, 2017 Jacksonville, FL DETAILS

I have never experienced the bad customer service that I did with this company, ever before with any other company! I tried calling and could not get through to anyone, I tried the online chat and was told that I would be emailed and someone would get back to me and no one did. The cost of the tickets were 3x the price of the actual tickets and higher than sold anywhere else. Then they said they responded to me and I never once received a response and I never got the tickets before the concert and they still did not refund me my money!! The worst ticket sales company ever, beware and do not use, look at BBB they don't have an accredited account and tons of bad reviews :)

Jen
September 19th, 2017 Redondo Beach, CA

I listed a pair of tickets for sale for $98, but my tickets were stolen so I called them to ask about what I should do. they made a decision to cancel my sales without confirming with me and without full disclosure on cancellation penalty which is a whooping $178. and i called them again, they wouldn't explain to me why the cancellation penalty was $178.

Salvatore Acino
September 11th, 2017

Lost my order number so I couldn't track my order. I called Vivid Seats and was told( via recording)since the even that I ordered tickets for was more than two days away , for best service was to contact them by email. I have sent two email and no response. My credit card company has been billed and I don't know if I have any tickets or when I will get them. This may turn out to be a $200.00 lesson.

MK
August 28th, 2017 Lansdale, PA

Do not use Vivid seats, they are scammers. they will try to rip you off, they do not give you the final purchase until after you click "confirm". But they mislead you about the price . Unfortunate, a very bad company.

Kari
August 28th, 2017 Noblesville, IN

I bought box seats for Zac Brown at Klipsch there are four seats in a box, Vivid seats decided to add 2 additional seats so there were six of us crammed in. I bought seat 1 & 2 in March 2017 for the August show. No where did they state they would add additional seats. I called customer service and was on hold for over 30 mins. Don't waste your money!!!!!!

Carina Grasso
August 15th, 2017 Kissimmee, FL

Purchased tickets for the wrong date by accident and tried to get vividseats to reissue immediately after the purchase but they refused. Appeals were also denied so we finally decided to go ahead and attend the concert anyway. They refused to send us the tickets at this point or give us the money back. In the end they kept our money and the tickets. Vividseats is a rip-off... Buyer beware

Robert Hill
June 23rd, 2017

THIS ISSUE WAS RESOLVED AFTER POSTING THIS REVIEW I bought a ticket from VividSeats and they were unable to provide it, despite their "100% Buyer Guarantee". Customer service was very apologetic and provided me with a credit for a future order, as well as reimbursing me for what I paid. I was impressed by this, although when I then tried to use the credit, I was told the credit had expired and was no good. Customer service was no help this time, telling me it was my fault for not using the credit sooner. I was never told of any restrictions on the credit, including how long it was valid for. VividSeat buyers beware.

Jim McAfee
June 21st, 2017

I received my tickets and they were not together. Doesn't make for a good date night. Seller misrepresented seat locations.

Patrick Mastroianni
March 8th, 2017 Patchogue, NY

I placed and paid for an order for Miss Saigon tickets in NYC for April 7 through Vivid Seats. Then AFTER I placed the order I received a notification that the seller would be ready to send the tickets on April 6, THE DAY BEFORE THE EVENT!!!! This, of course is unacceptable from any reasonable point of view. I then IMEDIATEDLY called Vivid seats requesting that they either change the delivery date or method or refund my payment. The representative, Jessie, who claimed to be a manager, refused to help in ANY way at all. I then went on line and was shocked to see that I am by no means alone in the experience I've had! In fact the reviews were so bad (at SEVERAL different review sites), that I'm wondering whether I should ask my state's Attorney General's office to take a good look at Vivid Seats, as it would appear from their website, that they do a fair amount of business in my state, and they have MANY MANY complaints. I am VERY dissatisfied not only with their operating policies, but with their utter disregard for client satisfaction. I will never purchase so much as a movie ticket from this company!

Jennifer
October 10th, 2016 Seattle, WA

this is a horrible company ! I will NEVER purchase from them EVER again!!

Roger
August 2nd, 2016 Katy, TX

"Bought 5 tickets for an event from them. After applying my credit card, the system showed total cost WAY OVER. They charged me $25/ticket extra and Overnight fees. After talking to customer service they gave me some refund back. Today I got my tickets, I thought i am buying "center" tickets for $100/each, I got "SIDE center" valued at $45/each, but they charged me $100/each. Oh by the way there are many seats available at $45 that I can buy! WILL NEVER USE THEM AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Rwrenn
July 21st, 2016 Madison, AL

two tickets for a cubs game, 286 dollars each. I paid 71 dollars each in service fees. what I thought was a 500 dollar plus purchase was actually a 700 plus dollar purchase. Cannot cancel order. It is a complete rip off in that I as a naïve user to the sight, had no idea about the fees (though I'm sure they were shown somewhere during my purchase, I did not see it). I buy lots of stuff, ebay, amazon, etc... I'm not a naïve web user. just naïve to this process. I'm out $150. furious. I'll never use this method again.

Ryan Sasha Lam
June 13th, 2016

Do not buy from vivid they will try to rip you off you don't know final purchase until after you pat

Unhappy Former Customer
February 3rd, 2016 Fort Lauderdale, FL

I purchased 2 tickets in November 2015 to a Garth Brookes concert on January, 15 2016 for $223. The tickets themselves cost $68.75, the rest of the costs were fees that I was not aware of until after the tickets were purchased. I didn't receive (via email) the tickets until the night before the event. A friend and I went to the concert and were told that one of the tickets was invalid and the other would not even scan. Both my friend and I tried to contact Vivid Seats via their (800) number. We were routed to an automated message that asked you to email [email protected], it did not give any other options, i.e. to talk with a representative or to leave a voicemail. My friend and I had to purchase 2 new tickets in order to see the show. I called Pay Pal (how I paid for the tickets) the next morning and they put me in touch Vivid Seats. I filed a dispute with Vivid Seats the next morning claiming that the tickets were not valid. I them a copy of the tickets and offered to send in the receipts from purchasing the new tickets. It took 2 weeks to get any kind of answer. The "supervisor" I spoke with at Vivid Seats was not only rude, but said the following; that I could not prove that the tickets were invalid, or that I purchased new tickets (even though I had receipts to prove this) and that they would not refund me any money for the purchase of the tickets. He then argued with me when I tried to explain that I did have proof and he kept repeating that I should have tried to call the day of the event. Again, I tried to explain that I did call the day of the event, but was unable to get a hold of an actual person. I also tried to explain that I called first thing the next morning. I ended the call at that point, as the "supervisor" continued arguing and raising his voice at me. Vivid Seats sells fraudulent tickets, inflates the prices of tickets, charges service fees that are outrageous, lacks professionalism and any type of customer service, and does not stand behind what they say.

RAY VALDEZ
June 9th, 2015 Houston, TX

THIS COMPANY HAS NO CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS IN TRYING TO RESOLVE CUSTOMERS CONCERNS OR REFUNDS. THEY SELL FAKE OR DUPLICATE TICKETS REDEEMED AND BOUGHT FOR SOME ELSE. DO NOT BUY IF YOU REALLY WANT TO GET IN AND ENJOY THE SHOW BY GETTING IN.