Ticketmaster Logo

6.8

With over 40 years of experience, Ticketmaster is a leading brand in the ticket sales industry. On January 25, 2010, Ticketmaster Entertainment and Live Nation merged, forming Live Nation Entertainment. From affordable options to sell tickets for your own event to competitive prices for live music, sporting events, concerts, and theatre performances, Ticketmaster is a professional company that can meet your ticket needs.

Vivid Seats Logo
#1 Vivid Seats chevron_right
StubHub Logo
#4 StubHub chevron_right

The Good

• Ticket Delivery
  • Customer Service
  • Refund Policy

Ticket Delivery

Once the ticket purchase has been made. Ticketmaster has several methods to delivering the tickets. They can be delivered by mail, email, or through the Ticketmaster mobile app. This allows each customer to receive their tickets in the form that is most comfortable for them.

Most customers appreciate the convenience of Mobile Entry option (available on both IOS and Android devices). Customers can use their phones as their ticket. Once the mobile app is downloaded, customers simply pull up their account with Ticketmaster in the app and the tickets are there ready to be scanned. Ticketmaster can also provides these services for your own events.

Ticketmaster has been in business for over 40 years. The company has the most experience in ticket sales across the United States and Canada. Its customer service is reportedly very friendly and helpful. Customer service options include email, telephone, and live chat. This includes a phone line for the Deaf.

Refund Policy

Everyone worries about the refund process when it comes to events. There is no telling what could happen AFTER the tickets have been purchased. Luckily, Ticketmaster takes this into account with fully refundable tickets or exchanges within three days after the purchase date with participating events.

The refund policy also provides a full refund if the event has been canceled. If the event was rescheduled the tickets are saved for the individual who purchased them. Depending on the event, refunds may be available for a rescheduled event.

The Bad

Fees

It is normal for most online ticket sales to have a convenience fee. Unfortunately, Ticketmaster has several fees on each ticket and/or the full transaction. These include service fees (or convenience charge) and a processing fee. They do not have a set fee schedule. The fees chosen for tickets are those that each individual client sets for their own venues or events. The fees can vary greatly from event to event. The other fees issued to ticket sales seem a bit excessive.

The Bottom Line

Ticketmaster knows the ticket business. Having a streamlined process online and on the app provides a user friendly experience. A wide range of event ticket sales are offered with clear purchasing policies listed on their website. While Ticketmaster has some of the lowest prices on event tickets remember to factor in the fees when comparing prices.

Ticketmaster has been in business the longest compared to other ticketing services we've researched. They provide excellent service, a generous return policy, and ticket insurance. We recommend Ticketmaster for future ticket purchases.

4.0

Hey You Ventura, CA

Ticketmaster is a terrible site that we are stuck with. Example: I waited for show to open got in real quick picked the seats I wanted even were checked green, but missed by a small amount to another person. What did ticketmaster do? offer me tickets all the way in the nosebleeds even though there we close seats. In short Ticketmaster tried to dump off bad seats to me as if I had no choice. I HATE!! this company and after a life long concert going habit, have decided that if the act I want to see is using Ticketmaster as their ticket source I just wont see them anymore.

Pete Centerville, UT

I've been buying all of my tickets here and I like that they are doing the fan presale to make it easier for real fans to get tickets before it sells out. It makes it really convenient and helps me get tickets to the shows that I really want to go to.

ousawvh2 Leesburg, VA

I have a love/hate relationship with Ticketmaster. My favorite convenience TM offers is pick your own seat functionality. However I dislike when specific shows don't allow me to pick my own seat and I have to rely on the "Best Available" function to give me seats I don't like. The pick you own seat functionality should always be available, but if you want to use best available give consumers that option. I strongly dislike the amount TM charges for additional fees. I'm doing all the work (selecting tickets, supplying billing information) and their already paid for software executes the transaction. I wished they'd lower their fees. The didn't get the nickname Ticketschister for no reason. I have used there ticket exchange feature to upgrade my tickets for better tickets with their customer service reps. Unfortunately they're the primary ticketing agency for all major shows so I'm stuck having to use them and paying their fees.

Mike Ika West Valley City, UT

Ive used Ticketmaster for many concert purchases. The Piano Guys, Faith Hill/Tim McGraw, and Lady Antebellum were my most recent purchases thru Ticketmaster. The main reason I like using them is for the peace of mind it gives me knowing that my tickets aren’t scalped and that I’m not paying more than I should be for the tickets. The website is easy to navigate, or I can always go to the grocery store and buy tickets thru ticketmaster at the customer service desk. Very convenient.

Sierra Beck Herriman, UT

Me and my friends just bought Jonas Brothers tickets from Ticketmaster! We've been looking at a of the ticket websites to try and find the best deal for the location. We went with Ticketmaster because they include a copy of their JoBros new album with each ticket purchase. That is just a fun extra thing that made this site better than the others. I wish the service fees were lower though, it makes a god price ticket a lot more expensive.

R.Smidt Plano, TX

Deception and untruthfulness Business Practices Purchased ticket to event My Songs - Sting at Ceasars Palace on event for Aug 26, 2020. When checking the status on the ticket, I found that it was rescheduled for May 12, 2021. After contacting them, they said I miss the windows for the refund. They said they sent out an email. I have verified with my mail exchange and search my email account and not email was received. Ticketmaster Fan Support could not resend or verified when the email was sent. Just that it showed in their system that it was sent. On the second call to them, trying to get this resolved or possible change dates, since I was unable to attend the rescheduled date. Reading this from there website: If an event is rescheduled, your tickets are still valid for the new date and no further action is required. If you can’t make the new date, in many cases event organizers will provide you the option to request a refund, or they may be offering you the option to choose a refund or a credit. We will send you a notification email as soon as the event organizer updates the status of the event. The email will also specify the timeframe the event organizer is making refund and/or credit options available; either 30 days from when you received your notification email or up until two weeks prior to the rescheduled date. Ticketmaster Fan Support agent informed me they don't do refunds. We purchased the ticket insurance, but was told the only way I could use that is if we were sick or dead. I would have to contact the insurance provider for this. I asked about move the date to another date I could attend. The agent informed me that they would need approval for that and they would send me an email if approved and would call me to reschedule seating assignment. She also said they would wave the reschedule fee since of all the trouble I was having. Got the email approving the exchange that evening. I contact them the next day to do the exchange. The Ticketmaster Fan Support Agent said it was denied. I informed the new I was speaking of the entire issue I was having and that I received the approved email from them. The agent placed me on hold and came back and informed me it was approved and the agent I spoke to yesterday should of handled this exchange since no approval was needed. He said they would be a exchange fee and the mobile ticket app would not work with this ticket so I would have to pick them up at the box office. To do this exchange for an addition 20.00 for both ticket and 12.00 to pick up the ticket at the box office event. Ticket Master organization in a whole is untrustworthy and doesn't care about customer service at all. They post there FAQ on there website, but don't follow them. This is false advertisement and unjust business practices. I would recommend to use any other ticketing service that TicketMaster. They are only masters of deception and untruthfulness.

Jadon Barre Marietta, GA

Ticketmaster helped me find tickets for all sorts of events. And the site shows a map of seating arrangements so you know exactly what you’re buying there are some fees but it’s not significant enough compared to the price of your ticket.

Eddie Rios Ogden, UT

Ticketmaster offers tons of access to tickets in a fair and easy way. Their pricing is superb, their delivery of tickets has many options. They make attending venues and events much easier than the competition.

Mickey Mangum Long Beach, MS

This is the original leader in online ticketing. I've used them many times. It works exactly as advertised. You can print your digital tickets and have them scanned at the venue you choose. Easy as can be.

Tanner Cook Gilbert, AZ

After looking for something to do, my wife and I found a monster truck show near us on Ticketmaster. We had never been, decided it would be a fun and interesting night. It was easy to order the tickets through Ticketmaster, they ended up being a little more pricey than they were at the door, but that’s OK, I would rather had made advance anyways.

Nishita McLean, VA

Purchased the tickets well in advance from Ticket Master at a decent price for the Washington Wizards vs New York Rangers' Semifinals tickets at the Capital One Arena in Washington DC. Got really good seats, and we won in the last 5 minutes!! Best Ice hockey game ever.

Amy Stewart Gilbert, AZ

I have used Ticketmaster for a long time to purchase all of my concert tickets. I love the ease of purchasing. I also enjoy the emailed tickets right after purchase. Makes my life easy!

Jonny Hancock Draper, UT

I have purchased concert tickets a few different times through Ticketmaster, and I've never been disappointed. There are fees, but they didn't seem any steeper than what you would pay through any other event ticketing platform. I like that Ticketmaster keeps me in the loop by sending me emails about upcoming shows that I might like based on my past purchases.

amycray Bangor, ME

Ticketmaster seems very reliable the times I used it

Michelle Rios Ogden, UT

We have used Ticketmaster to order tickets for many concerts. Their online platform is easy to use and the tickets have been delivered without incident. The fees seem reasonable for the service provided. The few times we have had to contact customer service we have found them to be friendly and helpful.

GrandpaRod Lehi, UT

Its nice to be able to purchase a ticket to an event and know I have a good selection. I use Ticketmaster for plays and sporting events. I do pay a little fee, but as long as I can find a ticket when I want one, where I want it, it is okay.

J. Whelan Long Beach, MS

Ticketmaster is the only ticket purchasing company I trust. I've always gotten my tickets on time and been able to resell if I can't make the concert with out fear of being duped. Their fees are fair for the piece of mind I have that they are a trusted site.

Madison Kneiss Long Beach, MS

the only place to buy tickets. trust that they wont oversell your tickets and you can go and enjoy your show from the seats that were promised to you. i have never had a problem with any venue that i have purchased tickets for.

Zac Cannon Long Beach, MS

We have to use TicketMaster for our music events at the Jackson Coliseum in Jackson, MS and at Thalia Mara Hall. The site is easy to work around and the service is very dependable. I also like that tickets can now be saved to your phone via email and also transfer to the iPhone Wallet.

Megan A McEvoy Tallahassee, FL

I have used ticketmaster for almost every concert I have ever been to! I love how they email you with updates on your favorite artists, so that you never miss a concert. They have great prices for group tickets at certain venues, and they are the reason for some of my best high school and college memories!

ave Pleasant Grove, UT

My go to website for any concert ticket I am going to buy because of the lower processing fees they have compared to other companies. The only thing is you need to get on their website the minute that tickets go on sale or they disappear quickly or the price increases because of the demand.

Krystal Taylor Pleasant Grove, UT

The Ticketmaster app was very user friendly. Initially I downloaded it to have a digital copy of my ticket, but soon found out that there was a lot more you could do on the app such as search events, buy and sell tickets. Overall I had a great experience.

Reese Pleasant Grove, UT

I used Ticketmaster for tickets to the women's volleyball final four and they were a great price, great seats, and easy to purchase. I was able to just download the tickets and have them paperless. easy way to get tickets to any major event.

Eric San Diego, CA

I have used these guys a couple of times for concerts and other events. It is a simple way to get tickets and beat the box office. Whats not to love about having your ticket available directly on your phone. You can buy tickets while being lazy at home sitting around in your underwear!

Jesse J Asheville, NC

My concert was canceled and moved many months away (6). The original concert was on a Saturday night March 14. Now this rescheduled one is on a Thursday night September 10. We are from out of town and came down to see it and you never texted or called or emailed before it was supposed to happen to tell us that it is canceled. We will not be able to drive back down in September 6 months from when the concert is supposed to take place and in the middle of a work week on a Thursday. Please refund me all my money and fees. Thanks And if you say I need to resale my tickets then I totally lose the cost of the extra fee you always add on which equaled 71.25$. That’s a lot of money to lose. And then if I did sell them you would charge the new buy the same amount and you would be double dipping on the fees which I would think should or would be illegal. So please just credit me back my whole purchase cost and fees and then you can sell your tickets. I have also called over 25 times and spent numerous hours on hold just to be hung up on before talking to anyone. I have emailed over 5 times with no response. I understand what is going on and your are busy but this is a business and you need to take care of your customers. Please refund my money. I would not recommend Ticketmaster to anyone and I will not be buying tickets from them again because they do not stand behind their product or company

Emily Crawfordville, FL

I buy my presale tickets through here exclusively. The only downside is that the website always crashes or gets slow during presale events. Ticketmaster knowing this should try and improve the speed of their site.

Karen Torino Tallahassee, FL

Ticketmaster is good for when you have first access to tickets via code or link. After a while, the prices get really high because it is people reselling their tickets. Ticketmaster is fine if you desperately want tickets, but is not really a site to visit first.

Brayden Ibert Houston, TX

I bought concert tickets through Ticketmaster and it was so easy. The seats were great and the tickets were so much cheaper than buying them through the event. I will definitely use Ticketmaster again.

Jackson Barousse Irving, TX

cheap tickets with not many fees. I always choose to buy my concert tickets from here when my favorite bands come close. i love how they’re accessible on your phone to scan for the ticket scanners.

Jenna Potomac, MD

I bought BTS concert tickets and Ticketmaster had a really nice way of organizing everything. I thought it was going to be a mess trying to get tickets but it was actually a really good experience.

Reckholdt Draper, UT

Ticket master makes it so easy to use our tickets. We have used this for several different sporting events, etc and I used to stress because I am not very technologically advanced, but it is very simple to use.

Matthew Hall Gulfport, MS

Ticketmaster is not the most affordable way to purchase tickets, but controls revenue on some tickets that are exclusive to Ticketmaster. Other than price, availability for tickets is usually not hard to find depending on the event.

Mrs.LadyTee Gulfport, MS

I've used Ticketmaster for several events local and out of state. I've used the insurance purchased when I had to cancel tickets to unforseen circumstances and it was an easy process. I will use them again.

Adrianne murray Brigham City, UT

For sure the only way to go. I’ve never had any problems with getting tickets and I would for sure use them. Not that you’re given a lot of choice and you want to buy tickets to something

Rischelle Mikkelson American Fork, UT

Ticketmaster is very easy to use. I love the app and that my tickets immediately show up there no matter how I book originally. Tickets are easy to transfer to others with the app as well. I think their fees are too high and I choke just a little every time I have to pay them.

Garrett Mingus Provo, UT

I bought tickets for me and my girlfriend to go to a concert and everything went well, but the site is outdated and not the most user friendly. The one thing I really hate about tickets is that there is always a huge service and processing fee, which is a huge turn off. Overall though this service is not much different from other ticket sites.

Jaime American Fork, UT

We've bought tickets through Ticketmaster for many different events (lots of Broadway shows). It's always been super easy and I've never had a problem getting and using my tickets.

Kimberly LeBaron Delta, UT

Ticket master is really easy to use. You can find the cheapest prices for concert tickets on their site. And once you have an account, they save all your information so checkouts are fast. I’ve never had a problem with them.

L. Fowler Pleasant Grove, UT

I found that Tickemaster is the best ticket sales place to purchase concert tickets by far. They charge the least amount of service fee and have a great selection of seats if you get them early.

Matthew Carbaugh Herndon, VA

Ticketmaster us usally the first result on the search engine when looking for tickets to a concert or orchestral performance. This is my first stop, but i usually shop around to see if there are any better deals. The

Mildred Carter Woodbridge, VA

I wish I had more good things to say about Ticketmaster than bad. But nearly everytime I GO there, something happens. Whether the website doesn't want to load, or the tickets that were supposedly reserved for me randomly disappear... It's frustrating. I also desperately wish instead of giving me random tickets every time in random seats for major events (shows, concerts, etc) - they let me pick my seating section.

Dee Farquharson Washington, DC

Not bad for buying tickets to the newest concerts around. The verified ticket purchasing has a lot of price gouging and those are usually listed first. You just have to be very careful when searching for tickets. The app is easy to use as well. Gone are the days of printing out tickets; your ticket can be right on your phone

Fernando Delgado Tempe, AZ

I have bought many event tickets thru ticketmaster always an easy process and you have the option of printing out your ticket or save it on your app to have it ready at the door.

Lindsay Fritts San Diego, CA

Ticketmaster is the only place I go to book tickets to something, I have no question of the tickets authenticity and I can easily pick my seat and send tickets to other people who are going with me!

Amber C Frey San Diego, CA

I go to many, many concerts so I buy from Ticketmaster all the time. It's always a super quick and easy process getting tickets and I like that you can zoom in to actually pick specific seats. The only reason I'm giving them 3 out of 5 starts is because of their ridiculous fees. Buying four $25.00 tickets should not end up coming to over $200.00. However, they are pretty much the only place to buy major concert tickets at so I bite the bullet and pay.

Elisabeth Kinghorn Bangkok, 10

I have purchased tickets for several events through Ticketmaster. They make it so easy to use and offer great deals for events.

Beverly Schacher Long Beach, MS

Easy website to use with a good selection of events. The only complaint I have is about the high service fees that are added onto the ticket price. I believe their fees are excessive and I don't use the service unless it is the only option for buying tickets.

Momof2NYC Huntington, NY

How is this legal?? People can purchase tickets from ticketmaster and then turn around and resell them back on ticketmaster for a PROFIT!! I called about tickets I had ordered online directly from ticketmaster and I have printed tickets that say Ticketmaster on them but are a third party seller!!! Scam. Will NEVER order again. Please go to box office of show to avoid this and to avoid paying the exorbitant fees charged by these shady online sellers!!

Lee Atlanta, GA

The most horrible experience purchasing tickets I have ever encountered. My tickets (purchased directly from Ticketmaster) were never transferred to the crappy Flash Seats apps. I was on the phone for over 1 hour with TicketMaster and they were of no help. Luckily the venue was able to assist but there was LONG line of angry ticket holders in the same boat. Most worthless company I have ever dealt with.

Cole Sollitt Livermore, CA

It didn’t save the banking information or address I entered when I sold tickets on Ticketmaster. They sent a check (I requested direct deposit) to an address I haven’t used in nearly 10 years. They still haven’t fixed this over a month later, after multiple requests for this to be mailed to the correct address. Total scam, they don’t care about service at all, and I’ve had other issues with the app not working on game day.