Ticketmaster

Ticketmaster Logo

Ticketmaster

Time in Business: 1976

Ticketmaster has been around the block a few times and boasts many years of successful business under their belt. On January 25, 2010, Ticketmaster and Live Nation (a company who focuses on concert promotions and live events) merged companies. They are officially under the name of Live Nation Entertainment. With affordable options for ticketing your own events, to competitive prices for tickets and events, this is a very professional company that can most likely fit your ticketing needs.

The Good

• Can print ticket
  • Mobile app
  • Lots of experience

We like the option for ticket printing. You can use it for your own event and have professional tickets to sell. You can also contact the company to find out how to list your own event on their website and all fees that are related.

They are mobile friendly and feature an app for both iPhones and Android devices.

We like that they have been in business for almost 50 years. They have the most experience in ticket sales across the United States and Canada. Their customer service has been said to be very friendly and helpful.

Ticketmaster also has a few guarantees that make them stand out. Their Ticketmaster Fan Guarantee makes them a very trustworthy and reliable company to work with. Customers know where they are receiving tickets from, that they can exchange tickets if they find a better deal, and that they will be refunded if the event is cancelled. This peace of mind that customers enjoy when working with Ticketmaster is something Ticketmaster has worked hard to provide.

The Bad

• Fee issues

They do not have a set fee schedule. The fees chosen for these tickets are those that each individual client sets for their own venues and events and they can vary greatly.

The other fees issued to tickets seem to be a bit excessive. You get your base price, a service fee/processing fee, a TM+ resale service fee, a delivery fee, a facility charge, and then taxes.

The Bottom Line

Ticketmaster knows the ticket business and they have a streamlined process on the web and on their app. They have a huge range of events to choose from and clear policies listed on their website. It would be nice to know more clearly what exactly their range of fees are on tickets ahead of time, so comparing Ticketmaster to other ticketing companies would be easier. However, they have been in business the longest of the companies we've researched. They provide excellent service, a return policy, and even ticket insurance. We recommend Ticketmaster for ticket purchasing needs.

3.4

Cassidy Gundersen
December 12th, 2017 Orem, UT DETAILS

I have not been impressed with my use of ticket master. The fees are outrageous and the service is mediocre. Their terms and conditions are also a little much. I have yet to have a positive experience with them. I would try using a different method if you looking for tickets.

Lindsey
December 11th, 2017 American Fork, UT DETAILS

I've used Ticketmaster a few different times, and I think it's great overall, but I wish it were a little more user-friendly online.

Linda Hill
November 8th, 2017 DETAILS

Ticketmaster has been around since the dawn of time and they know their stuff. I never worry about ticket purchases through Ticketmaster.

Landon
October 30th, 2017 Centerville, UT DETAILS

I've been buying all of my tickets here and I like that they are doing the fan presale to make it easier for real fans to get tickets before it sells out. It makes it really convenient and helps me get tickets to the shows that I really want to go to.

ousawvh2
October 30th, 2017 Leesburg, VA DETAILS

I have a love/hate relationship with Ticketmaster. My favorite convenience TM offers is pick your own seat functionality. However I dislike when specific shows don't allow me to pick my own seat and I have to rely on the "Best Available" function to give me seats I don't like. The pick you own seat functionality should always be available, but if you want to use best available give consumers that option. I strongly dislike the amount TM charges for additional fees. I'm doing all the work (selecting tickets, supplying billing information) and their already paid for software executes the transaction. I wished they'd lower their fees. The didn't get the nickname Ticketschister for no reason. I have used there ticket exchange feature to upgrade my tickets for better tickets with their customer service reps. Unfortunately they're the primary ticketing agency for all major shows so I'm stuck having to use them and paying their fees.

Cher
October 25th, 2017 Leesburg, VA DETAILS

We are a big concert family and always purchase our tickets through ticketmaster when we can.

Sandra Dubas
June 14th, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

I bought tickets for a few different concert from their website. I didn't have any problems and the prices were cheaper compared to other ticket websites.

Jonny Hancock
June 12th, 2017 Draper, UT

I have purchased concert tickets a few different times through Ticketmaster, and I've never been disappointed. There are fees, but they didn't seem any steeper than what you would pay through any other event ticketing platform. I like that Ticketmaster keeps me in the loop by sending me emails about upcoming shows that I might like based on my past purchases.

Patrick
April 11th, 2016 Minneapolis, MN

The fees are insanely high, especially if you are getting cheap tickets. There have been times when the fees are higher than the actual price of the ticket. Ticketmaster also partakes in predatory business practices, including partnering with the Yankees to nearly eliminate the ticket resale market. Sadly, if a team uses ticketmaster, they are your only option for tickets directly from the team. I strongly suggest that you look at resellers and choose the cheapest price. You don't get anything for the fees.