CrowdSeats

CrowdSeats Logo

0.7

CrowdSeats

Your tickets to savings!

CrowdSeats is a great way to get extremely discounted sports tickets. Their daily deals are strictly sports tickets only. However, they do have a couple of sister companies that sell other types of tickets like concerts and theaters. If you are looking to go to more sporting events and pay pennies on the dollar, check out CrowdSeats.

The Good

• Discounted tickets
  • Listing tickets in near future

We feel that by using CrowdSeats to buy your sports tickets would be a great way to take yourself, and any friends or family, without paying out the nose. Tickets are discounted between 40% to 60% through this modality. Since this is a bidding website, you have control over how much you would like to spend on tickets.

Although they do not offer listing options at this time, we were happy to hear that they are currently working on making it possible to list tickets at a set price that consumers can just purchase at that price, as well as continuing to offer a bidding option on tickets.

The Bad

• Very basic
  • Daily deal limitations
  • Lacking guarantees

The personal account you set up with this company is pretty basic. It just lists all purchasing details as well as event details. You will not receive any alerts for deals.

We were a bit disappointed to find out that their daily deals don't include any type of concert or theater tickets; just sporting events.

We understand that it can be difficult to give exchanges and refunds on a ticketing website such as this, but having some kind of guarantee or policy in place would be nice for consumers.

Crowd Seats had not kept their Facebook account updated and current with new content which raises questions about scalability. It appears that a couple years ago they would advertise special deals on their Facebook account but recently their social media activity has died off.

The Bottom Line

For sports enthusiasts this is a great money saving website. There are no service fees for these tickets at all. If your offer is accepted, you pay exactly what you offered to the penny. The deal on the day that we called was New York Yankees tickets for only $24.00. This was 45% off regular ticket value. Be advised that these daily deal tickets are only posted for a certain timeframe and you must catch them when they are available. If you are someone that wants a way to buy concert and theater tickets, as well as for special events, you will need to consider another  event ticketing website.

2.2

Gabriel
August 16th, 2017

Tickets didn't work, missed concert, horrible experience.

Kathy Stanley
July 7th, 2015

Not really a fan o Crowd Seats...The download e-tickets are garbled. The customer service rep told me she would send them as a PDF, and that has not happened either. So the whole reason for our trip to see the Cards game...looks like that won't happen. I go with a 0 on this performance....

Craig
July 7th, 2015 New Haven, CT

I purchased tickets to Kid Rock for 6/24 in Hartford. They tell me I have purchased the tickets and then call me 30 minutes later to say "sorry we sold those tickets right before you purchased them". Then offer me seats two rows back at the same cost. They don't try to offer me a discount on the other seats or offer me better seats at the same cost. Unacceptable. First time I have used a site other than Stub Hub and this is what I get. Stub Hub would never have let any of this happen. Don't be fooled, Stub Hub is king of the secondary market for a reason.

Leihsia Chen
July 7th, 2015 Brooklyn, NY

Never received my tickets via e-mail!!! A total scam. This review will remain up until I get a full refund.

John Dunn
July 7th, 2015 Albany, NY

I've used CrowdSeats about three times now via "seatgeek" mobile app. No extra fee!! which really allows me to spend more for better seats knowing there won't be an additional 60 dollar charge like otjher sites. I always get my tickets on time and I've even had my tickets redirected because I was going on vacation a week before an event. Customer service was and always has been honest and helpful.

Theoni Limouris
June 9th, 2015 Batavia, IL

I bought tickets in February for the May 30th Lana Del Ray concert in Chicago. The tickets were delivered a day before the event. I called customer service and I knew this was going to be the case. I did not have any trouble getting through to to customer service and the person told me to feel free to call anytime to get a status update. They were customer friendly. No problems here. I only give them a 9 because I would have felt more at ease having the tickets earlier. For all those people complaining about pricing...you used the internet to find your tickets, you could have used the internet to compare pricing. Also, I do not see any reviews about tickets not being delivered at all or bogus tickets.

Jayandef
June 9th, 2015 Pacoima, CA

We bought Lana Del Rey concert tickets back in December for the May 22nd concert. It's May and we still haven't received them. Have called them more than 5 times and each time they say we will get them before the event. I'm gettin pretty nervous since the concert is next week and I still don't have them at hand. First and last time I buy anything from them.

matt
April 6th, 2015 Centreville, VA

Ordered tickets march 2nd for a Red Sox game didn't receive them till today march 31st...still nervous about the tickets scanning correctly...but reviews have made me feel a little better hopefully it will work out...seems like a legit site with an outstanding customer service help emails get back to you in minutes during the day and calls you won't wait more than 5 min with a friendly and helping service team...first purchase I would go for tickets that a cheap and close by though like I did

BG
April 6th, 2015 Cary, NC

First time user- looked for best seats, offeres at solid discount over what event was selling them for - event was a Carolina Hurricanes game. Bought tickets, instantly got email with 4 tickets. Used the e ticket option - tickets scanned without issue. Seats were terrific and site was easy to use. Site did get hung up when executing payment option however, likely was my connection. Would definitely use them again considering the price advertised is what I paid. Not extra fees was terrific.

Kristi Jak
March 28th, 2015 New York, NY

I ordered tickets almost a month ago for a hockey game that is this weekend. The tickets should have been shipped and delivered last week but, I have yet to receive them. The company gave me no updates on any shipping delays until I reached out multiple times. Overall, I am unsatisfied with the site and customer service. This was my first and last time using Crowd Seats.

gm
March 16th, 2015 Miami, FL

bought e-ticket to a Heat against Celtics game yesterday morning. Got no order confirmation email throughout the day, but ticket was eventually delivered this morning by email (together with the order confirmation email). It's all good.

William RIttenhouse
March 16th, 2015 Wilmington, NC

This is not a fake review. Im simply wrighting this so others can feel a little at ease. After I oredered the tickets and they were emailed to me the next day I was soooo worried they werent going to scan at the game. I drove two hours to a carolina hurricanes game and had an amazing time! Id def use them again!!

teri
February 13th, 2015 Monroe, LA

Purchased tickets to an NFL Hockey game. The cost of the seats I selected averaged $200 through every other ticket provider. Through Crowd Seats, I found tickets for less than HALF this price. I admit - I was very leary purchasing such amazing seats for such a cheap price from a company I had not heard of, but I took my chance. The tickets were delivered the same day! The game was awesome! Seats were BETTER than I expected! I will absolutely refer friends and family to Crowd Seats.

Blake Dunn
February 13th, 2015 Leesburg, VA

They asked for a picture of my drivers license. That is absurd. No other company on the planet does that. You are emailing me tickets. If I stole somebodies wallet, I would have the drivers license and credit card and you still wouldnt know who it was.

brandon lam
February 13th, 2015 Temple Hills, MD

Went to the Washington Wizards game and the lady scan my tickets I printed out online and I went straight in the game. Crowd seats is legit and good.

Smitty
January 18th, 2015 Dover, DE

I purchased tickets for a concert. The prices here are definitely padded. The same tickets were $30 cheaper at the event. They are not cheaper than others. Definitely will not use again!!!!!!

John regan
December 30th, 2014 Brooklyn, NY

I bought tickets for steelers vs. Bengals game from a secondary source and Crowd Seat was the ticket seller. The paper tickets were emailed to me within hours and all went well. Seats were great and service was great as I needed to talk to a service rep on two occasions and I got through both times after waiting for no more then 5 minutes. After printing tickets I read a few negative reviews concerning Crowd Seat, so I was nervous for four days that my tickets wouldn't scan.They did scan correctly but while driving 400 miles to game I was nervous the whole time that tickets wouldn't scan. To make a long story short next time I would purchase tickets through the NFL TICKETS EXCHANGE.

Brad
January 1st, 2015 Chandler, AZ

Worked great. Got my tickets at a heavy discount over stubhub. Will use again.

Sky
December 22nd, 2014 Greenville, PA

Got my tickets from crowd seats for an NFL game, got them about two days later as a PDF, printed them and they were good! Thanks crowd seats!

JJ
December 19th, 2014 Houston, TX

Any person looking for tickets needs to do a search on this Crowd Seats company first. They have a reputation of cheating their customers. Personally, they cheated me out of $250 that I spent on tickets, as they told me in a confirmation email that the tickets would be sent to me in another separate email that was never sent to me. I made many attempts to contact the customer service department before the date of the show and only got a voicemail that said to leave a message. No one returned my call. I also sent emails that weren't returned until an hour after the show had started. I disputed it after I missed the show and asked for a refund, and they refused, despite their supposed guarantees to the customers. Do not order from this site. It is a scam, and I have reported them to the Federal Trade Commission.

Richard
December 5th, 2014 Acworth, GA

Bought tickets for an NFL Game. They were e-mailed to me the same day. But after driving to the game and paying for parking the tickets were not valid. We wasted half a day and missed seeing the game. They SAID I would get a refund. IF I do I'll remove this review and post one with a slightly higher score. Even if I get a refund, I missed a great game.

tj patriquin
November 26th, 2014 Webster, MA

Tried to purchase tickets to a game, got a message saying I needed to call the CX service number. I called and the women said I needed to take a picture of my license and email it to them . Which I have NEVER had to do or have heard of having to do when purchasing tickets online. Itso facto, I said no deal, and purchased tickets without any hassle on another site that I have used in the past. Will not be back to the Crowd Seats site again.

Ken G
November 25th, 2014 Puyallup, WA

Was concerned when I went through Seat Geeks and ordered NFL tickets from crowd seats. I shouldn't have been, I got them within the hour (email delivery) and they were the seats advertised. I saw on ticketmaster what seats were going for right next to me and I got a great deal. Great seats, great service!

Rick Howard
November 14th, 2014 Burbank, IL

My daughter ordered tickets from crowd seats. They promptly took the payment the next day. However, they claimed that the tickets were delivered 17 days later via email. The tickets were never received. After several emails and calls to their customer service department they said there was nothing they could do. I would not advise anyone to use this service.

sam negus
November 4th, 2014 Saint Peters, MO

Never recieved tickets I ordered through crowd seats. When I called to ask about it they said they sent it and there was nothing they could do about it. DONT ORDER FROM CROWD SEATS.

Carrie
October 27th, 2014 Dayton, TN

We got better seats cause I am pregnant and couldn't sit so high.. Found out our new seats are $60 cheaper than the next to the last row top level seats we originally bought...very upset over that. Called them...they do not price match and said we must've had season ticket seats...NO REGULAR SEATS! NEVER WILL BUY FROM THEM AGAIN WND NO ONE ELSE SHOULD EITHER!!! THEY PAD THEIR TICKET PRICES!!!!