CheapTickets Logo

5.6

LAST UPDATED: June 24th, 2021

CheapTickets is known for booking flights, hotels, and vacation packages. What many customers don’t know is that they can search for events and activities happening in their travel destination. This gives customers the ultimate vacation planning experience where they can find everything they need to make each trip unique and memorable.

Vivid Seats Logo
#1 Vivid Seats chevron_right
Ticketmaster Logo
#3 Ticketmaster chevron_right
4.0

The Good

• Event Tickets and More
  • 150% Money-Back Guarantee
  • Best Price Guarantee
  • CheapCash Rewards

Event Tickets and More

CheapTickets may not be your go-to for finding concert tickets to your favorite band but it does have a lot to offer. Whether you are planning a trip for spring break or a weekend getaway CheapTickets helps you find concerts, sporting events, theater performances, and activities. Just search by location and date range for a list of fun, unique activities. Available filters include  sightseeing, balloon tours, family-friendly activities, and concert tickets. A brief explanation is provided with the price and length of the outing. The majority of activities have a free cancellation available. Also, look for promo codes and discounts on the website for your event or activity.

150% Money-Back Guarantee

To ensure that customers have the best experience, CheapTickets offers a 150% money-back guarantee on event tickets. Tickets for a concert, sporting event, or theater performance are sold by a third-party. In the rare circumstance that the tickets are never sent to you, they do not arrive on time, or were not valid upon entry, CheapTickets will refund you 150% for the price of the tickets.

Best Price Guarantee

CheapTickets.com promises its "Best Price Guarantee" which provides customers with confidence that they are getting the best rates when they book a qualifying service. If a customer makes a "Best Price Guarantee" claim with a lower price on a flight or hotel stay, CheapTickets will automatically cancel that initial reservation and rebook the room at a lower rate saving you money and time. Unfortunately, this feature does not apply to ticket sales.

The company strives to find the lowest fares for your flight, even if that means mixing-and-matching airline companies. So don’t be alarmed if you are departing on one airline and returning on another. This aspect ensures that travelers are going to get the lowest rate possible.

CheapCash Rewards

The company offers travel rewards each time you book a flight.  For every $1 spent, $1 in CheapCash is applied to your account. These savings can accumulate up to $100 annually, which can go toward a future hotel booking. Any CheapCash earned can be applied in combination with frequent flier miles travelers have incurred, which can give you cheap travel deals.

The Bad

• Limited Rewards
  • Service Fees
  • No Refunds

Limited Rewards

While CheapTickets offers its customers travel rewards, the points can only be earned by booking a flight and can only be applied toward a hotel. As a result, this offer is limited and restricts the use of an additional discount on event tickets and car rentals.

Service Fees

Another potentially negative aspect is that if you prefer to call and book your trip with a CheapTickets service agent, there is a service fee of $25.00. If you plan and book your trip online, the service fee can range from $6.00 to $40.00. For those who don’t like the hassle of navigating a website and booking online, the $25.00 may be worth it. If you are looking to save a few dollars then we recommend booking it yourself online.

No Refunds

When purchasing event tickets, take note that they are being sold through a third-party broker and prices are set by the dealer, not by CheapTickets. All sales for events are final with the exception of tickets that were never delivered, came late, did not allow entry, or the event was canceled with no rescheduled date.

The Bottom Line

CheapTickets offers its customers one-stop shopping from flights, hotels, vacation packages, and event tickets making vacation planning a breeze. In business since 1986, and with the successful launch of its website in 1997, this company is worth looking into. Although event ticketing is not the main focus for CheapTickets, we recommend comparing prices, ticket fees, and refund policies with other ticket broker websites to ensure that you are getting the best deal.

2.6

Lawrence Wayne Oxnard, CA

THIS IS THE ABSOLUTE WORST COMPANY (EXPEDIA GROUP) IN THE ENTIRE GLOBAL TRAVEL BUSINESS! We purchased a ticket for over $1000 2 years ago, paying so that we could change, alter or get a refund if necessary. We are still awaiting our money/refund 2 years later. But it is not just the money, it’s their despicable conduct and complete waste of dozens of hours that they should be ashamed of. Last March 2020,after numerous calls during which we would be often on and off hold for up to 2 1/2 hours, we were told that we would get the refund within “three weeks”. When that didn’t happen we called again by mid or late April and were told “it’s coming within the next two weeks”. This year we have called no less than 25 more times and have been promised call-backs, email responses within 24 hours and more. NOTHING!! Lie after lie after lie! We have been lied to dozens and dozens of times by this dirty company. From their website to their automated call system, all of it is designed to not only not provide customer service, but to actually go to lengths to harm and intentionally waste additional time, rather than ever even beginning to actually attempt to address their customers valid issues. And again, this is Expedia Group: Exact same websites, same lame call system - AND THE SAME DIRTY, CRIMINAL CONDUCT INVOLVING FRAUD AND BOLD-FACED THIEVERY!

Caloway Salt Lake City, UT

I use cheaptickets for everything. They normally have the best prices but there have been a few times where I have found cheaper prices on the websites of the actual providers. Be careful to use an incognito tab on chrome or delete your cookies so that the site doesn't remember you and start showing you more expensive ticket prices.

Eddie Rios Ogden, UT

CheapTickets is great when cost is a factor. They offer great selection at a fraction of other sites. I like the availability of different venues and speed of transactions to receipt of tickets. They also offer a variety of different ticket options from mobile app to hard tickets.

Roger Bakersfield, CA

I have used CheapTickets many times to book my vacation package. Most of the time I have found them to be the cheapest for what I was looking for. On one occasion after I booked my vacation, I found it cheaper on another website less than one week later. I took them up on their Best Price Guarantee. I submitted my request with photo proof that it was the exact same hotel, exact same room type and for the exact same dates. CheapTickets responds back that they will not refund the difference because it was not the exact same. WHAT??!! I have photo proof that it is the same!! Seems like they will say anything just to get out of providing a refund of the difference.

Leo Reis Houston, TX

I bought and paid for tickets 3 months before the trip. when I arrived to board the flight that was sold to me does not fly. united company changed all my itinerary. and I was not warned. result i missed the date of my appointments. had my itinerary. remade with more than 9 hours of waiting and with 4 stops and 36 hours of delay. do yourself a favor and look for another agency.

Matteo Stronati Los Angeles, CA

I booked a flight several months ago from LAX to Rome. It was cancelled, and without asking me the company issues airline credit. Unfortunately said credit can only be used with the original airline (airlingus), and every new option offered would require me to pay an additional cost which exceed the price of a brand new ticket. So the credit is really....not one. It's a scam to get you to buy a new ticket. And so I did. I bought a new ticket, which weeks later got changed to a different date. I was ok with the new date, but a few weeks later the ticket got cancelled and I wasn't even notified of it. I randomly logged into the app to find out that my upcoming trip was now in the "cancelled trips" section. I called them, and waited 8.5 hours on the phone. I was told that they cannot put me on any other flight, and that the only option is to issue a refund, but since (apparently) it has to go through the airline, it will take roughly 12 weeks for that to be issues. 12 weeks. Unbelievable. So here I am with: - $995 lost on an airlingus ticket that I'll never get back. - $1423 that SHOULD be refunded in 12 weeks. Considering taking legal action since this truly appears to be an orchestrated scam.

MIRANDA Las Vegas, NV

Horrible ! See below... Dear Keean, We received your refund request for your flight reservation with Alaska Air. We have conducted an investigation and based on our case history, there was no record that the flights were canceled within 24 hours of booking. At the same time, the type of ticket booked was our most economical fare wherein it comes with a pretty restrictive policy. It's a surprise deal called as ' Secret Cheap' because flights will only be revealed after purchase for a bargain price. We published this fare online with multiple indicators that the ticket is not eligible for any type of changes or cancellation after purchase even if the reservation was just booked a few minutes later and more so within 24 hours. We regret for unfavorable resolution but this ticket will remain non-refundable and not eligible for any type of rebooking. We appreciate your patience and understanding. Please let us know if there is additional information you need by replying to this email. Sincerely, CheapTickets Customer Care MY RESPONSE- WOW!! This is ABSOLUTELY NOT TRUE! The booking was done in ERROR- an error recognized IMMEDIATELY when my mom received the notification on her phone her cc had been charged. We called in to cancel within MINUTES, and were told it shouldn't be a problem since it was made only minutes before, but we'd have to wait a couple days because the reservation wasn't showing up "on your end". Which we did and have been getting the run around ever since! In addition, the 100% trip protection (also purchased) is also MISLEADING, as it's anything BUT! Bottom line- The flight was a 15 hour flight, with multiple layovers - just to get to Reno, which is typically an hour flight or 7 hour DRIVE. I wouldn't have even arrived in time for class, as this was an OVERNIGHT flight. The only reason this happened at all is because my college buddy who was supposed to be driving us back to school, changed plans at the last minute and my family and I panicked. I was searching for possible flight (extremely limited) and DID NOT INTEND TO PURCHASE- ONLY SAVE. There is no way this flight would've ever worked for me. And regarding the "bargain price"- it was no bargain at almost $400, for a flight that can costs as low as $95! My mom & I have all the paperwork and wrote down notes to document the ongoing correspondence. YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE! And we will be posting and warning EVERYONE POSSIBLE, a large amount of UNR students frequently fly home. There should be NO REASON that I shouldn't receive a refund or at minimum a trip credit for $344.76 and travel protection $24 (total JOKE) for a total of $368.76 that was spent. We will also be filing complaints with the BBB, as well as any/all possible online forums, review sites...EVERYWHERE! Seriously, you should be ashamed of yourselves- seems it was a ridiculously long- overnight, expensive flight that NO ONE SANE would intentionally book (certainly not when you can drive it in 7 hrs) and once that "purchase" button was accidentally pushed... YEP! You got ONE. Your refusal to refund or issue a credit is reprehensible- considering the situation was explained to one OF YOUR representatives - WITHIN MINUTES of the accidental purchase. MINUTES!!! I WILL MAKE SURE NO ONE I KNOW EVER BOOKS WITH YOU. YOU ARE SCAM ARTISTS.

Thomas Hullinger Pleasant Grove, UT

I used Cheap Tickets when I was in Kansas City for the NCAA Women's Volleyball Championship game. It was an easy process and the tickets were in a great location and easy to print out and use quickly.

Linda Columbia, MD

Cheapticket.com would not refund my airline business travel ticket going to Houston on 9/11 after Hurricane Harvey. I did buy their trip insurance. I tried to cancel well over a week before my flight. It turns out they will not refund unless someone dies. Essentially, unlike other ticket sellers, their trip insurance is air. Of course people are going to assume this is regular trip insurance like every other airline/reseller sells. I did everything they told me to do to try to get the issue resolved... filed a claim with their insurance carrier online, called the insurance carrier, called Cheaptickets multiple times, called Delta Airlines. This was a business flight and naturally the conference was canceled due to the severe damage from the hurricane. My boss bought his tickets through Orbitz and was able to cancel with no problem. I spent countless hours trying to resolve this.

Michelle W Coraopolis, PA

CheapTickets is a great site when you're looking to spend less. You might not find exactly what you're looking for show wise, but it's a great place to look before paying full price.

Derek Scoville Pleasant Grove, UT

Great website to get cheap tickets. The most satisfying thing for me, however, was that after I purchased tickets from Cheaptickets, I found the same tickets on another website at a cheaper price. Cheaptickets gave me a $50 voucher towards my next purchase as a way to satisfy me as their customer!

Randy Scoville Pleasant Grove, UT

Cheaptickets is my go to when ordering any trip, concert, hotel. I have used them for multiple cruises. I used them to buy tickets to a Celine Dion concert in Vegas. and the best part, is when purchasing hotels, if they don't beat a competitors price, they give me $50. Super easy to book, and good customer service online and on the phone.

James Moore Brooklyn, NY

They are thieves, pure and simple. If a flight is cancelled due to issues with the airline or weather, they offer no refund or compensation. Your money is lost. Do not use under any circumstances.

Alicia Marshall Kansas City, MO

I purchased tickets for a play from Cheap Tickets, but when I called the venue, I was told the tickets are fake. I called Cheap Tickets for a refund, but they insisted that unless I get a letter from the venue on company letterhead stating that the tickets were fake, I would not be able to get a refund. They are scammers. I can't believe they are associated with Expedia. This was one of the worst customer service experiences of my life and I'm now out about $150. Please do yourself a favor and DO NOT purchase anything from cheap tickets.

Leonie

This company is a rip-off. I booked a flight with them after comparing multiple companies, all in CAD. When I received the bill they claimed the cost was in US $. This cost me over $250 more. I know the costs reflected were in CAD because the flight originated in Canada and I was comparing multiple CAD options. They refuse to acknowledge any of my complaints.

Angela Wellsville, UT

I feel like there isn’t ANYWHERE to honestly and affordable buy tickets to events and concerts anymore. The online ticketing process is a joke. First of all, events are sold out in 30 seconds because corrupt practices are in place and then when you can actually get your nose bleed seats the surcharges and processing fees are so outrageous you almost don’t want to go see the entertainment anymore. I am not a fan of CheapTickets. Let’s just be clear, there is nothing CHEAP about them. And their customer service is equally as frustrating.

robert anderson Royal Oak, MI

Disaster. Screwed up my ticket order, didn't find out until the morning of the event ... their idiotic phone help staff couldn't solve the problem and got touchy with me for being unhappy about it. They're an absolute disaster. If you want to get to your event, or your destination .... run in the other direction ....

Nick

Booked a ticket and never received a confirmation email. After a confirmation from the bank that the payment has been passed to Cheaptickets they still refuse to mediate the problem. There's no support from Cheaptickets what so over. This is a fraudulent company.

Barbara Haas Colorado Springs, CO

This company is a total rip off. Reviews don't matter to them. Unfortunately for me I didn't read reviews before I bought tickets - to a play! They ripped me off big time and their response to my complaint was too bad for you.

Juan Beaver, PA

This is my first go to for cheap plane tickets. My mom travels often and this site compares different airlines and prices to get you the best deal

Scotlynn Blair Phoenix, AZ

Always can rely on them being the cheapest option but I have always been a little bit worried to actually buy from them. I found great AWOLNATION tickets for cheap.

MICHELLE Mesa, AZ

I often look here first when booking flights and vacations. Easy to navigate website with lots of options for refining my search.

Todd Homitz Evans City, PA

I've used CheapTickets several times now and they always see to have the lowest priced seating.

Joy Hill Pleasant Grove, UT

Used to use cheaptickets all the time, but I feel like their prices are not as competitive as they used to be.

Jesse Rice Biloxi, MS

Was able to use this to get the tickets I needed it was easy to do and wasn't hard.

Erin Glendening Slidell, LA

cheap tickets is a horrible website they scam me out of my money. I would rather use any other website on the planet earth then this website.