CheapTickets

CheapTickets Logo

CheapTickets

Time in Business: 1986

Since the launch of its website in 1997, CheapTickets has been assisting vacationer's find the best bang for their buck when it comes to traveling. Customers who choose to register and book travel through CheapTickets.com will be offered the lowest "base rate" found over the next 30 days, claiming that "travel deals are our specialty."

Although they are most used for traveling deals, they do offer many great deals when it comes to event ticketing.

The Good

• Best price guarantee
  • CheapCash rewards
  • Cheap of the Week deal

CheapTickets.com offers its customers the "Best Price Guarantee" which provides the customer with confidence that they are getting the best price when they book a qualifying product through their company. If a customer makes a Best Price Guarantee claim where the lower hotel rate is found on their site, they will automatically cancel that initial reservation and rebook the room at a the lower rate.

The company also offers its customers CheapCash rewards when a flight is booked through their website. For every $1 spent, $1 in CheapCash is applied to your account, up to $100 annually, and can go toward a future hotel booking. Customers are able to save their CheapCash rewards and apply them to any future hotel booking within a 1 year time period, if the promotion allows. Any CheapCash earned can be applied in combination with any frequent flier miles the traveler has incurred, which can make the deal even less expensive for the avid traveler.

CheapTickets also offers its customers a "Cheap of the Week" deal, such as a discounted price on hotels by using the promotion code offered on the site, and "Hotels under $50" in various cities worldwide. The company finds the best deals in air-fare, even if that means mixing-and-matching, which means departing from one airline and returning from another. This aspect almost ensures that the traveler is going to get the lowest rate possible. Another great is that the customer is also able to find discounted event tickets such as Broadway, major recording artists, Disney World and sporting events, with the option to pay for parking and party passes. Customers will have to take precautions to ensure they are enrolled for the CheapCash deal and by checking the "Join CheapCash" box on the Review and Book page.

The Bad

• Limitations of rewards

While CheapTickets offers its customer CheapCash rewards, the points can only be earned by booking a flight and the reward can only be applied toward a hotel stay. So for travelers who use their own vehicles, this isn't an offer that can be taken advantage of. Another potentially negative aspect is that there is an additional fee of $25.00 to book directly through the customer service agents rather than booking online where the service fee is anywhere from $6.00 to $40.00. For these individuals, it would be best to find someone that is able to navigate the web to book their travel, or pay the extra $25.00 for a live agent. When purchasing event tickets take note that they are being purchased from a third-party broker and prices are set by the dealer, not by CheapTickets. All sales for events are final. No refunds.

The Bottom Line

CheapTickets offers its customers one-stop shopping for everything from flights, hotels, vacation packages, and event tickets, which can make vacation planning a breeze. Being in business since 1986, and with the successful launch of their website in 1997, proves that this is a company may be worth looking into. However, event ticketing is definitely not the main focus for CheapTickets so we do not recommend buying your event tickets from them. If you want to purchase event tickets from a site who actually specializes in event ticketing, we suggest you look at our top recommended event ticketing companies.

Linda
September 12th, 2017 Columbia, MD

Cheapticket.com would not refund my airline business travel ticket going to Houston on 9/11 after Hurricane Harvey. I did buy their trip insurance. I tried to cancel well over a week before my flight. It turns out they will not refund unless someone dies. Essentially, unlike other ticket sellers, their trip insurance is air. Of course people are going to assume this is regular trip insurance like every other airline/reseller sells. I did everything they told me to do to try to get the issue resolved... filed a claim with their insurance carrier online, called the insurance carrier, called Cheaptickets multiple times, called Delta Airlines. This was a business flight and naturally the conference was canceled due to the severe damage from the hurricane. My boss bought his tickets through Orbitz and was able to cancel with no problem. I spent countless hours trying to resolve this.

Roger
July 24th, 2017 Bakersfield, CA

I have used CheapTickets many times to book my vacation package. Most of the time I have found them to be the cheapest for what I was looking for. On one occasion after I booked my vacation, I found it cheaper on another website less than one week later. I took them up on their Best Price Guarantee. I submitted my request with photo proof that it was the exact same hotel, exact same room type and for the exact same dates. CheapTickets responds back that they will not refund the difference because it was not the exact same. WHAT??!! I have photo proof that it is the same!! Seems like they will say anything just to get out of providing a refund of the difference.

Barbara Haas
March 6th, 2017 Colorado Springs, CO

This company is a total rip off. Reviews don't matter to them. Unfortunately for me I didn't read reviews before I bought tickets - to a play! They ripped me off big time and their response to my complaint was too bad for you.

Leonie
August 20th, 2015

This company is a rip-off. I booked a flight with them after comparing multiple companies, all in CAD. When I received the bill they claimed the cost was in US $. This cost me over $250 more. I know the costs reflected were in CAD because the flight originated in Canada and I was comparing multiple CAD options. They refuse to acknowledge any of my complaints.