OneSupport

6.0

LAST UPDATED: April 20th, 2020

OneSupport is a tech support company that has over 20 years of industry experience. The company's mission is to create customer experiences that lead to a better relationship. Currently, the company employs over 1,700 remote technicians.

The Good

• 24/7 Contact
  • Multiple Service Contracts
  • Multiple Devices for Contract
  • Business Plan

24/7 Contact

OneSupport's representatives are available year-round, 24 hours per day. Representatives are also entirely U.S.-based, and online chat is available on the company website.

Multiple Service Contracts

OneSupport currently offers multiple services for customers that want to pay monthly, yearly, or for a one-time fix.

• One-time fix: $99.99
  • Monthly service: $14.99
  • Yearly service: $179.88

Services include virus removal, network help, and help for hardware and peripherals such as printers and webcams.

Multiple Devices for Contract

For the most basic monthly fee of $14.99, OneSupport will cover up to 5 devices. This is one of the best plans we've seen, as many tech support companies will only cover one to three devices for a similar fee.

Business Plan

The company offers a business plan that costs $24.99 per month and covers two small devices and one computer.

The Bad

• Little Info on Device Coverage
  • No Free Trial
  • Sign-Up Fee

Little Info on Device Coverage

Although coverage for five devices is one of the best we've seen for OneSupports monthly fee, we couldn't find any information explaining what devices can be covered. Other tech support companies will be clear on their coverage of PC's, Macs, Android devices, and iOS devices.

No Free Trial

Some tech support companies will offer a free trial period for their services. OneSupport, unfortunately, isn't one of those companies. This would be a helpful step for OneSupport to consider because many consumers will want to try their services before they commit to a contract.

Sign-Up Fee

The monthly support service requires a sign-up fee of $49.99 which may deter potential customers.

View Top Tech Support Companies

The Bottom Line

OneSupport is a U.S.-based tech support company with over 1,700 representatives and plenty of positive customer feedback. The company's monthly rates for services are low and provide coverage for several devices, networking, and peripherals. The downsides of OneSupport's services are a lack of free trial, they require a large sing-up fee for their monthly support service, and they lack clear information on what devices are covered in their monthly and yearly plans.

View Best Tech Support Companies

3.1

Rich Silvis Pickerington, OH

Called 3xs to cancel my subscription. Both calls that were answered were answered by Laura. First call connection was fine until I mentioned I wanted to cancel. Then she couldn't hear me and then static from her end of the call. Second call I was in limbo hold for close to 10 minutes and hung up. Figured caller ID was being used and they wouldn't answer. Tried back with different phone number and when I identified myself and my reason for calling there was nothing but silence on her end but the call was still connected. As with other comments regarding customer service.... I rate this as PISS POOR!

Lea Ann Nyvold Dallas, TX

Total scam to get you to buy a package deal. I googled HP support and and their 800 number came up. Hooked me up to someone who acted like they were helping me with my computer over the phone, and patched me in with some East Indian guy right away who spent a hour acting like he was trying to figure out what was going on with my computer, and gave me a case #, and said someone would call me the next day, but never called. So, I called back with my case #and they said I got scammed. and tried to tell me that the East Indian guy was trying to scam me, so they had a protection plan against that. Oldest trick in the book to try to get you to buy a package. Complete waste of my time, and they scam people intentionally. It should be illegal what they are doing. I’m glad I am smarter than that, because it is a very clever idea, but oh so wrong!! I figured it out very quickly.

Anita Henley Kansas City, MO

After purchasing a computer from Walmart and having it break down on day 25, Walmart referred me to One Support. I would NEVER use this service after dealing with them. The computer I purchased was still under warranty but One Support would tell me that it wasn't under warranty on day 25. Instead, they tried to say it was my fault the computer failed and that I would have to pay to fix it. They tried to sell me a plan and told me I'd pay to fix the defect. I spoke with a jerk working for the company who told me I bought a bad product and most people "know better." The agent was so rude and was no help at all with the issue. I took the defective computer to a local technician and was told the product was indeed defective. One Support lied to me and Walmart didn't want to deal with it. DO NOT LISTEN to One Support, or Walmart if you buy a defective product from Walmart. Even though Walmart only covers the product for 15 days, insist that they help you with the warranty. After 6 hours of dealing with Walmart and this horrible company, Walmart finally did take the defective product back. One Support was no help at all.

Reply from OneSupport

Anita, We are very sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with our company. While we are glad that someone at Walmart felt that our service was good enough to recommend, we are not in any way affiliated with Walmart or their warranty services. Our team would not be able to see any warranty information for your machine. I am very sorry that you were not treated in a kind and professional manner. We strive to provide the best possible customer service during every interaction. Please feel free to reach out to us at 844-818-3415 with any further questions, comments, concerns, or to let us know if there is anything we could do to make this right moving forward.

leon Dickerman

I called tech support and first think they did was overcharge wich i wouldn't have minded except when they finished I said thank you. then i opened my computer and I had no sound and my computer was much slower than ever Then my computer started crashing I called back customer service to complaind and asked them to cancel my contract I was rudely told that they did the work and the customer rep hung up the phone and that was it I have never had such bad customer service so as far as i'm concerned they are out to scam people do NOT buy their service

Miguel Glendale, CA

Been a member with this company for about 10 months. They raised their rates and instead of grandfathering me in they ended my subscription, and said I needed to resubscribe under the new terms and prices which was significantly more than what I was paying. Additionally, I would have to pay the initial $69.99 fee. I addressed this with customer service and was met with indifference at best. Other times rudeness. Ultimately, told them I am moving on to another tech support company (which are a many number of them) and cannot overstate you to do the same.

Justin Tienter Plymouth, MN

I was making a factory reset on a laptop I was bought was told from the sales person that I have to partition my drive. I know there are more complex but safer options than a factory reset. A simple Google on how to reset a windows password gives you the four steps for one minute of support I got. I insisted on a refund and he said no and basically that I got what I paid for! FML there goes 70$ I really needed.

Reply from OneSupport

Justin, Thanks for sharing your feedback. We’re sorry your experience with our company was lacking. We strive to always provide the best possible service to all of our customers. I have pulled your account to be sure the matter is addressed within our company. Please feel free reach out to us at 844-818-3415 with any further comments, concerns, or suggestions you wish to share. We would love to make things right if you give us another chance.

Suzanne Oak Lawn, IL

Had one problem, but since they have been in my computer have had a million problems. Every thing takes 2 to 3 hours to fix and more problems a cure from them! I paid for a year like an idiot and they make more problems to your computer! Screw them, they are a scam!

Shauna Mahnken Mexico, MO

When I called with my problem they said ohh yeah we can fix that, so I paid and they couldn't even help me. The guy did all the things I already did and rushed me off the phone without ever actually helping me. I want my money back.

沙漠精灵兔 Glendale, AZ

Over-priced Poor technical support They want a contract with an automatic $300 annual renewal that is very difficult to cancel I hate companies that try to hold you hostage

Nando Clearwater, FL

Called got a rude man who talked like he was not all there. Then he hung up on me. I wouldn’t use your service if it was the only tech support on this planet!

A rose Orange City, FL

8 hours one day Don’t call back if cut off Fix problem one day but not the next Nasty attitude from support persons more than once

Reply from OneSupport

A rose, Thank you for taking the time to review our company. We are very sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with our company. We strive to provide excellent customer service every time, however, it seems we fell short. Please reach out to us at 844-818-3415 with any further questions, comments, concerns, or to let us know how we could make this right for you.