HelloTech is a popular tech support company based out of Los Angeles, California. The company is available for contact 24/7 and can assist in computer repair, home theater, TV mounting, virus removal, gaming consoles, and more. HelloTech has been featured in publications such as The Wall Street Journal, Forbes, and TechCrunch.

My Phone Support chevron_right
4.9
OneSupport chevron_right
3.1
Geek Squad chevron_right
3.4

The Good

• Versatile coverage
  • Home support
  • Business support
  • 24/7 support
  • Money back guarantee

Versatile Coverage

HelloTech doesn't just cover problems with computers but helps with TV mounting, smart home, TV, and audio, networking, Wifi and the internet, mobile, gaming, smartphone and tablets. HelloTech is by far one of the most versatile companies we've seen in terms of device coverage.

Home Support

• 5 in-home services per year
    • 20% discount for all other services
    • 5 devices covered
    • Massive array of services offered

We at BestCompany also found that one-time at-home visits average to be about $80.

Business Support

Potential customers can request quotes for businesses with 1-24 computers, 24-99 computers, or 99+ computers, but here is the basic breakdown:

• Business Basic - $39/month
    • $79/hr on-site
    • $49/hr standby for on-site within 30 minutes
    • 20% for non-IT services

24/7 Support

HelloTech can be accessed 24 hours per day on the phone or through live chat on the company website.

Money Back Guarantee

HelloTech promises that if it can't fix your issue, it will refund your money. It's that simple.

The Bad

• No free trial
  • Short operation time

No Free Trial

Some top tech support companies will offer a free trial period for their services. HelloTech support doesn't offer this, but it does offer a satisfaction guarantee on its services.

Short Operation Time

HelloTech has only been in business since 2015. This may be a turnoff for some customers who want a more established tech company. Many tech support companies have been around for several years.

View Top Tech Support Companies

The Bottom Line

There is a lot of good to say about HelloTech. Plans are relatively affordable and the company offers a very impressive array of services and devices covered-more so than a lot of tech companies. The satisfaction guarantee is also sure to make some potential customers smile along with overwhelmingly positive customer feedback. Support is available 24/7 and representatives are ready to make in-home visits across the country. HelloTech comes highly recommended by BestCompany.

Check Out The Top Companies

3.5

Kristen
September 9th, 2019 Key Largo, FL DETAILS

I found HelloTech through the Google Connected Home website, as they are recommended as a Nest Pro. What a mistake! They are completely incompetent when it comes to Nest products. Why do they offer installation of products that they can not properly install? Long story short, I cancelled my appointment the day before they were set to arrive after speaking to my assigned technician. And now, for the long story. Brace yourself, the entire experience was a waste of time. Luckily, I found another company that had no problems correctly installing all of my Nest products. To begin, they absolutely will NOT install the Nest Hello doorbell unless you already have a wired doorbell. I found this a bit unreasonable, as Google sells the Nest Hello Doorbell Indoor Power Adapter. Said adapter is made specifically for people that do not have existing wiring for a doorbell. So, I purchased one. I used their live chat to ask about this when I first booked the appointment, and the person I spoke to had no idea what the adapter even was. After a lot of waiting around, she let me know that she made a note on my appointment, which I had already done when I booked it. This left me feeling uneasy and I should have just cancelled then. The straw that broke the camel's back was when the technician called me the day before to advise me that they do not do any work that involves the use of a ladder, as they are not supplied with one. Installing security cameras seems impossible without a ladder. Also, they won't do any electrical work. Please keep in mind that the Nest cameras are not wireless. So what would I be paying for exactly? Hellotech should be removed from Google's list of Nest Pros.

Derrick H.
August 29th, 2019 Banner Elk, NC DETAILS

Do not hire HelloTech. The techs do not show up on time and are not trained. HelloTech charged us $320 and refuse to give us a refund! Our device is still not working!

RC
August 5th, 2019 New York, NY DETAILS

I will never attempt to use you again. My experience... Your assigned tech called me 30 minutes after the starting time of the job. And didn't have the proper material. He was confused and dishonest about the situation. And then had to cancel. You wasted my entire morning.

howard
August 1st, 2019 League City, TX DETAILS

Great service, on time and knowledgeable, had my mess figured out in short order.

Kathleen McCook
March 26th, 2019 Ruskin, FL DETAILS

Tech told me he was from London. He didn't complete task but said he'd return. I paid. Next 3 months my credit card had recurring bill from London. Hello Tech took no responsibility even after many calls. I finally had to dispute charges and close my credit card account.

Ken C
March 21st, 2019 Tucson, AZ DETAILS

Very satisfied with HelloTech fast puntual friendly and professional! 100% satisfaction

Lady Rose
March 18th, 2019 Fair Oaks, CA DETAILS

His timing was perfect, very polite, everything was done very quickly.

timothy w gray
March 18th, 2019 Katy, TX DETAILS

He shows up on time, finished on time, and did a professional job. What more can I ask for?

Casey Zinter
March 18th, 2019 Glendale, AZ

Fernando my tech was very polite, knowledgeable, and quickly navigated thru the Nest system getting it dialed in explaining the process to me as he went.

Lawrence W. Graham
March 18th, 2019 Neptune City, NJ DETAILS

Patrick was great . Fixed all my problems with no hang ups !

Frank Sensel
March 18th, 2019 Dayton, OH DETAILS

My problem was not accurately described to Daniel. NOT his fault: your CHAT person apparently did not accurately "describe" my problem. Daniel eventually DID solve the issue.

Marc
March 14th, 2019 Oswego, IL DETAILS

David was able to detect the problem within 5 seconds. I thought it was malware. It was an internet connection with wi-fi. Comcast should have been able to solve the problem and they couldn't. Dell support charged a lot of money and they could not solve the problem.

Terry
March 14th, 2019 Lake Stevens, WA DETAILS

He was very friendly and professional. He mounted both TVs perfectly! I would request him any time I need the service!

James
March 14th, 2019 DETAILS

Roger B came in and fixed my printer very quickly. He was super friendly. If I need future service I will contact Hello Tech.

Jack T.
March 14th, 2019 Plainview, NY

Had an appointment which was cancelled two minutes before the tech was to arrive. There is a cancellation fee if the customer cancels before the appointment but the company doesn’t have any responsibility for cancelling on very short notice? They suck!!

James Bouse
March 13th, 2019 Belvidere, NJ

It was a great experience! Patrick was knowledgeable, friendly and answered a whole bunch of questions! He rearraigned the folders that were all over the place. That is what I called you for and it's perfect now! He showed me a few tricks to keep my computer running at optimum performance. Couldn't have asked for more! I now have you're company on speed dial! It really is hard to find good help when you need it and one of the best parts is he did it all at MY desk, in My house! I didn't have to disconnect one wire or lug the machine all over the place for service. I will recommend your service to everyone I know! Actually, I forgot to ask for business cards but if you send me some I will start passing them out! There is nothing worse in the electronic age then to have issues with your computer and don't know who to call for competent help. Well done... AAA+++

Mytalisha Bailey
March 13th, 2019 Leavenworth, KS DETAILS

Friendly no, straight to business yes. He was easy to reach but didn't tell me anything I didn't know when it came to the program not working on my computer. And I was still charged $70 even though nothing was fixed. I asked the representative if I would be charged if he can't fix the issue and she told me no. Evidently a lie.

Camp
March 11th, 2019 Raleigh, NC

Outstanding service. The tech that provided our service was knowledgeable and did an awesome job. Would recommend this company to anyone looking for a superior experience.

Luis Gabriel Torres
March 11th, 2019 Zephyrhills, FL DETAILS

I have used two different techs and both have been excellent. I will continue to use HellowTech going forward.

Cheryl
March 11th, 2019 Orlando, FL DETAILS

If we had known getting tech work done was this easy we would have called sooner. Great service at a good price.

Paula Harmer
March 11th, 2019 Huntington Beach, CA DETAILS

FIVE STARS AND MORE!!! Michael W, our tech, was the absolute BEST!! He was so courteous, kind & really listened to our concerns. He is EXTREMELY brilliant, yet never talks "down" to you, with all the "techy" talk, like so many others do in his field. Wish I could give him 100+ stars!!!

Robert Tuck
March 11th, 2019 Mount Kisco, NY

I was extremely satisfied!! The tech was extremely knowledgeable and professional.

Karen
March 11th, 2019 New Port Richey, FL DETAILS

Excellent service. Very professional and made sure that everything was perfect before they left my house. They did not rush through the job or try to upsell

Richard Carson
March 11th, 2019 Portland, OR DETAILS

I waited for two hours. The guy shows up and tells me he can't install my Ring system and leaves. When I was online I clearly stated that I wanted the Ring system installed and not just the doorbell. They quoted my a price for the total install and said they understood what I wanted. Bottom line is do not believe what these people tell you about either the price or the service.

Mary Anne Anderl
March 11th, 2019 Middletown, NJ DETAILS

Carl was wonderful! Courteous, professional, and very knowledgeable. I will be recommending HelloTech to my friends.

Kathy
March 8th, 2019 Eugene, OR DETAILS

Hello, Tech has excellent service and great service techs, and I appreciate them.

L Sylvers
March 8th, 2019 Richmond, VA

The technician was very knowledgeable and friendly. Great experience!

Josie Jacobs
March 8th, 2019 Nashville, TN DETAILS

My tech, Clyde, was the most knowledgeable tech person that I have known. He was tenacious in finding all the existing problems. He was very through and checked to make sure that each change he made regarding problem was in fact eliminating all factore related to the problem I was so happy that I found Hello Tech and that Clyde was my tech.

LAYNE
March 7th, 2019 Austin, TX

Craig was outstanding!! Very knowledgeable, friendly and worked quickly. He takes a lot of pride in his work too. Very satisfied!!

Lawrence Davidson
March 7th, 2019 Great Neck, NY

My technician, Richard L, was prompt, professional, and provided me with invaluable service. He was a pleasure to deal with.

David
March 7th, 2019 New Canaan, CT

Make sure you check out the capability of the technician PRIOR TO his arriving at your home. I had a relatively simple project: download on to my computer emails from an archiving company and then burn them on to a disc. I have no tech expertise and had to use an outside party for the project. The tech person arrived with no knowledge of the project, said he had never done any such activity, didn't know how to do the project and did not bring any discs or a disc burner to complete the task. He called another tech person at HelloTech for advise, and that person did not know how to undertake the project either. After one hour, the tech person at my home and I (with much help from me) figured out what to do. Finally. Fortunately, my daughter had left some blank discs at our home and my son had left his burner at our home. (children are grown adults and do not live at home) Otherwise, the project could not have been completed. Frustrating, but, in the end, the project was completed after a three-hour adventure.

Isaac Jackson
March 6th, 2019 Washington, DC DETAILS

friendly, knowledgeable, easy-to-reach

John Falatko
March 6th, 2019 Fort Wayne, IN DETAILS

If I could submit zero stars I would. He failed in every single way to mount our TV's successfully. He significantly damaged the areas he was working in. The entire job has to be redone, two walls, and a pipe need to be repaired. I will be expecting my money back.

Laura
March 1st, 2019 DETAILS

He was professional and courtesy. showed up right on time, had our tv up and secure in a timely fashion. Very knowledgeable. I will recommend to friends and will use your service again.

Patricia
February 27th, 2019 Inverness, FL

The rep called ahead of time and arrived prior to set appointment. Polite, knowledgeable and explained what was being done. I recommend this company highly.

Judy Hopkins
February 27th, 2019 Amarillo, TX

They call you back as soon as there is a free representative and don’t make you sit on hold. Our tech was reliable and on time and came on the weekend as my work schedule can change on a moments notice. He took the time to examine the problems and come up with solutions. Technician gave me a picture of what parts I needed and where to get them. Very friendly and courteous.

Crissy H
February 27th, 2019 Midland, MI DETAILS

My tech showed up on time. He knew his stuff for sure!! I have an old school stereo system that is very powerful and I was impressed at how much he knew about everything!

Caiti
January 4th, 2019 Seattle, WA DETAILS

Horrible. Tech is now over 3 hours late. On his way he called to tell me he doesn't have a ladder. What?? How does this company install Nest outdoor cameras without ladders? The instructions provided by Nest clearly state that a ladder is required. Remember that this is supposedly a professional service that I'm paying for, here. I do have a ladder - so, I called to discuss liability issues of providing a ladder; when I used their chat service, they just kept sending smiley faces back in response to my question - weird?? Followed up with a phone call in which I was told that "not providing a ladder would be my fault and that the service would not be completed". Not the purpose of my call, but still super annoying and rude. Not once was I informed that I needed to provide a ladder when the appointment was booked AND PAID FOR. I checked all small font in the confirmation email, etc. It is not even in their FAQs on their website. Finally the representative said I would not be liable should an accident occur, which was the reason for my call in the first place. So I hung up and proceeded with the more than 3 hours late appointment. Going on an hour and a half since he called to tell me he would be "20 minutes", I started to question his abilities to actually do this install - which would require he wire into the house as there is no outdoor outlet. Again, something you supposedly can do per the Nest camera instructions. He said "Oh wow...I don't know....I need to call that in". How can this company say they are experts?? Still waiting for him to call back. I am about to just cancel.

Thomas L Butts
December 21st, 2018 Hampstead, NC

Very nice to start out with. No notification when tech showed up so he rescheduled failed to mention it was an additional $25. Then did not do the job as requested left a wall conceal strip that I installed. Only refunded $30 of my money for a $20 item!

Michael
October 24th, 2018 Corona, CA DETAILS

Horrible customer service and communication from this company. NEVER showed up for appt. OVER TWO HOURS I waited, and had to take time off work again to reschedule and still want to bill me $50. They are a joke, and will not respect your scheduled appointment. Go elsewhere for real service.

Alan K Snyder
October 2nd, 2018 Jacksonville, FL DETAILS

Tech who I did not know called the Saturday prior to the Monday appointment wanting to move the appointment to Sunday. He then showed at 10:30 for 9:00 appointment. He could not locate the power strip the components were connected to inside the small cabinet. He took so long hooking up the WiFi that he kept asking to come back next Sunday (hung up on Sundays for some reason). I made a mistake calling them.

Ryan Hopkins
October 1st, 2018 DETAILS

This company is a joke. I paid the extra $60 through Ring to have them hook up my new doorbell. They couldn't complete the install. They blamed it on the router - wrong. Then they said I needed a new transformer - wrong. All that needed done was the ring doorbell needed a hard reset, but by time I knew that they doorbell had already blown because too much power was being sent to it from the new transformer. Ring tried to get them to come back out for free aka waive the $50 and they refused. Ring also refused to waive the $50. Both are worthless. I recommend neither. Zero stars.

Courtney Rae Frasier
September 26th, 2018 San Antonio, TX DETAILS

Techs are always polite, but this service is EXTREMELY OVERPRICED. Had a technician come and literally spend FIVE minutes in my home to tell me my ink cartridge had dried up. And that costs $107???? NEVER AGAIN will I use this company. Fees should be based on severity of problem and/or time spent repairing said problem. Waste of money. Next time I'll just buy a new printer- that would be cheaper!

A
September 11th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ DETAILS

I took service from HelloTech to install Ring Video Doorbell Pro at my home. The technician came to my home and was doing initial checks before installing and after lot of troubleshooting the wires, looking at the oudside doorbell, inside chime and the tansformer in the garage told me that the transformer output is not enough to activate the doorbell and suggested I should get a new transformer. No installation of doorbell was done on this day. Based on this suggestion I ordered a $30 transformer from amazon . I scheduled an appt the same week again and the technician came 1 Hr late and then after 20 mins of looking at things told me that the transformer is perfectly fine and I don't need a new transformer, but the wire which connects to the chime has fallen down in the wall and now he will have to cut through 8 feet wall to get the wire back and they are not allowed to do this. After this it has been 10 days and after repeated calls to HelloTech they keep telling me that they would get back to me in 24 hrs and they never do. So what I have at my hands right now is a lot of invested money in Video Doorbell Pro which is not installed, a newly bought transformer which is not used yet and most importantly a existing doorbell that is not working with the problem that the wires have fallen into the wall and the only way to get hold of those wires is to cut through a large portion of the wall. I do not know if it was technician #1 or technician #2 who dropped the wires in the wall, but it has to be one of them since there was no such problem before they arrived. My doorbell is not working and the wires are in the wall. I want HelloTech to fix this without any additional cost to me and also no damage to my wall to fix the problem they created.

Abc
August 28th, 2018 Katy, TX DETAILS

Had the video doorbell installed last week, battery was not charged but told it wouldn’t be a problem because it’s hard wired and would get its juice from the wiring it’s connected to. At first I just thought ok maybe it takes a few days to charge, but it’s been almost a week now & battery still around 2 or 3% which is causing the live view feature to not work at all. Just contacted them earlier today & this is how they responded: Good day! We apologize but we are not authorize to provide a follow up service, you will need to contact ring directly. Also there is a possibility that the device is defective. You can contact ring at 1-800- 656-1918. For further inquiry, you can either respond to this email or visit our website and chat with us at www.hellotech.com. You can also give us a call at 1-800-640-9005. We’re open 24/7. Sincerely, -- Liberty C., HelloTech Support. [email protected] http://www.hellotech.com NEVER USE THIS COMPANY FOR ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave
July 26th, 2018 Norwood, PA DETAILS

Lies, shakedowns, crappy installations. Was told the price would be $160.00, for two nest cam IQ outdoor installations. "Installer" showed up, with barely any tools, no ladder. Needed to use my drill, my drill bits, my ladder. Had no protective clothing, nothing covering his shoes. Then proceeded to tell me that a "second installation" would be an additional $75, CASH. Ended up installing the cameras where I did not want, left my brick outside my house damaged, left the inside of my house a mess, and required my help, when I stated the only reason I'm paying to have them installed is because I injured my back and couldn't do it myself. These cameras are set up for my disabled wife, and this guy is shaking me down for extra pocket money. Worst service ever. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

Mark J Martin
March 16th, 2018 Holtsville, NY DETAILS

Amazon requires their installers to use vetted employees. Hello tech sent a sub contractor who failed miserably in an attempt to install a wall mount. When he realized he could not complete the job he just left. He told me as a sub contractor he did not need to stay and had personal plans he could not be late for. I called HelloTech and was told they would send a new take the following day (now 2 days home from work). Called at 8 am and was told they could not get an appropriate tech so they notified Amazon that they were cancelling the request. NEVER CALLED ME! Unprofessional and if you claim to have employees and only use subs you should not work for Amazon. They too will feel my annoyance for spending 8 hours over 2 days.

Sheri
February 28th, 2018 DETAILS

The tech who arrived at my door was amazing. Very cordial, polite, friendly and easy to work with. I told him of my software iMac issues and he got right on them. I think he may have "strained his brain" trying to fix Sonos so it would work, but it works great now and I couldn't be happier. He explained things as he went along, and made sure I understood what he was doing. He's a great ambassador for your company. This was so easy. I'm sure I'll use their services again.