HelloTech Logo

HelloTech

6.6

HelloTech is the leading independent, on-demand technology support service. The company offers in-home and remote online support, 24/7.

HelloTech offers diagnostic solutions, support, installations, and hands-on training for just about any technology need, including computers, printers, smart home devices, home theater and audio, Wi-Fi, TV mounting, and much more.

The Good

• Memberships
  • No-Risk Guarantee
  • Company Partners

Memberships

You can pick from one of two membership options with HelloTech.

The first membership plan is the Online Protection plan. The plan costs $99 per year, and consumers get 5 percent off all in-home services. This plan also comes with free, unlimited, 24/7 tech support and covers unlimited devices.

There is a monthly payment option for the Online Protection plan, where you pay $9.99 per month.

The second membership plan is the Smart Home Plus plan. This costs $149 per year, but there's a flat rate of $69 for all in-home services. The plan includes everything that the Online Protection plan has but also offers one-year Malwarebytes antivirus protection, one-year of Dashlane Premium, and a free in-home technology checkup.

No-Risk Guarantee

HelloTech bills consumers upfront for any applicable fees (with the Smart Home Plus membership) along with ancillary services.

However, if you are not satisfied with the plan in the first 30 days, HelloTech will refund your membership cost (minus any discounts you may have received on services).

Company Partners

Brands like Amazon, Ooma, Lowes, Square, and Walmart and millions of customers trust HelloTech to install, maintain, and update their electronic devices.

The Bad

• Cancellation Fee
  • Consumer Complaints

Cancellation Fee

Although HelloTech understands that your schedule can change on short notice, the company does charge a cancelation fee in some instances.

If you cancel within 24 hours of your scheduled appointment, you will be charged a $25 cancellation fee. If you fail to cancel at least three hours before your appointment, you will be charged the full price of your scheduled service.

Additionally, a $25 service fee will be applied to appointments rescheduled within three hours of the appointment time.

Keep in mind that these fees apply to in-home services only.

Consumer Complaints

The following are the common complaints against HelloTech on BestCompany:

• Late Technicians — Several reviews mention that their technician was anywhere from 1 to 3 hours late for their scheduled appointment.
  • Unqualified Technicians — Several consumers stated that they felt their technician was not qualified to complete the task they'd been assigned.
  • Problem Is Not Fixed — Some reviews indicated that they were unhappy with the final result of their service because their technician did not fix the problem, but the company did not issue a refund.

Many complaints mention the technicians. HelloTech's technicians come from various backgrounds (some were full-time tech support professionals, others are college students looking to make some extra money). The company mentions that all its technicians go through a series of interviews, skill assessments, and background checks, but there is no mention of the exact training HelloTech provides. So your experience could very well depend on how experienced your technician is and the training they received.

The Bottom Line

HelloTech is a great company to look into if you need support for the technology that supports you and your business.

The company's two membership plans cover just about any device you can think of, including TVs, mobile phones, tablets, smart home systems, computers, printers, and more. And both plans include just about every service you can think of, whether it's installing a smart home system or mounting a TV. Plus, with the Smart Home Plus plan, you pay a $69 flat rate for all in-home services. Support is available 24/7, and there are technicians ready to make in-home visits across the country.

We would like to see HelloTech include more information about its technicians, especially regarding what kind of skills HelloTech is looking for, what training programs they go through, and what type of experience the company expects applicants to have.

4.0

Helen Stanbro Portland, ME

Very professional and knowledgeable. Took his time to do things thoroughly. Explained things clearly. Left written instructions for me if I decided to buy the USB stick I needed to record my data. Fixed my printer cartridge problem. Helped me to dispose of old cartridges. Very patient with me, since I am not computer literate.

She that girl Sierra Vista, AZ

My HelloTech James was very professional, friendly & fast. He was here to mount my TV on my TV sands floating pole. And upon opening the TV he discovered some of the bolts needed weren’t inside the box. He left went to Ace hardware got 4 new bolts came back and mounted my TV. I asked how much I owed him for the bolts and he said no charge. He even helped setup my TV & connected the cable. I am completely satisfied above and beyond with the service I received.

Yvonne Ybarra Saint Johns, FL

Kyle was awesome and even took the time to answer all my questions and even explained the many other services provided by HelloTech that I will definitely be using, soon. He was very punctual, professional and very knowledgeable about everything. I am so glad I found your company and my overall experience is the best by far I have ever experienced with any other company and person. I will be definitely recommending HelloTech to anyone and all of my friends and family.

Brian Smith Colorado Springs, CO

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!! I live in Colorado Springs and needed a tv mounting in a hurry. I tried geek squad but they had a 2 week wait so then I tried this company called hello tech cuz they had something the next day. So I try them out and the tv mounter drills into a water line and water starts shooting out the wall!! ( this I a commercial business suite that I'm supposed to start working at). They flooded my room and the room next to me, destroying this girls $150 floor mat smh. I mean there was water everywhere!!!! We had to get a emergency plumber which was like $270, which means I had to pay all that money and now there's a giant hole in my business wall cuz we had to get the pipe fixed. The reason I'm writing this review is because Hello Tech hasn't paid for any of this!!!!!!!!! They said they would send a check in 4-5 weeks and it's been months since it happend and I still haven't received anything. I tried reaching out again multiple times and I no longer get answers from them. This company is a joke!!! There's still a giant hole in my wall smh! I literally just got the place painted 2 days before!!!

Lynne Pittsford, NY

This company was very professional. The appointment times available would fit anyone’s schedule. Our tech was extremely helpful. We could never have installed this security system without him. He was prompt, courteous and very knowledgeable. We would not hesitate to call him again in the future.

Harvey Bazaman Loudon, TN

We were very pleased with the services rendered by Theron S. Mr. S. contacted us an hour ahead of time to ensure that it was still a good time for him to arrive. He arrived promptly and immediately went to work. He explained the function of each unit and determined the most appropriate location for its installation. Upon securing our approval, he proceeded with installation of each item and walked us through activation where appropriate, e.g. setting up and changing our PIN for the keypads, He was friendly and polite at all times and patiently and thoroughly answered all of our questions. His work was neat and tidy. HelloTech would do well to continue utilizing Mr. S's services in the future.

kalpana vemulapalli Concord, NC

Horrible service. Please do not hire them if you want to save yourself from headache. They sent a guy for installation who had no idea how to install. He broke my equipment. After few emails back and forth where I have to explain the problem again and again, they sent another guy to redo the work. He was good but left job unfinished as he arrived late and had to leave for another appointment. Now, when I asked to send the same guy to complete unfinished work and compensate me for broken device, they asked me to go through claims form. Here I am with unfinished work, broken device and charged me for installation after 3 weeks of saga.

allison suarez Cape Coral, FL

He was prompt, professional, got the job done quickly. He tried to explain, but I told him he might as well be talking Chinese. I’m that computer illiterate.

Sean Murney Colonial Heights, VA

Very professional workers, extremely nice. They did an excellent job keeping me informed on the work they were doing. They even made sure it was okay to come over earlier! Overall, fantastic experience.

Monsecwar99 Newnan, GA

The tech Robert gets the 5 stars. The company HelloTech gets ZERO. It took 30 hours to get the link. Then I get 2 texts the next day Sunday, while at work so I couldn't answer, requesting (2nd was almost demanding) more availability. Then absolute silence. I initiated a chat Tuesday morning asking if there was in fact a tech in my area. She escalated my order and then back to silence until Wednesday afternoon. This started with purchase of service about 5pm Friday. Going back to expensive Geek Squad.

Sarah Stoll Cedarburg, WI

Nazar arrived at exactly the appointed time. I had a question about using a wall mount, tv stand, or "feet" and he was able to give me excellent answers. He made sure I understood "source" so I could access different things on my tv. He removed his shoes since I had just had the carpets cleaned. He also straightened up and confined the mess of cables I had in my bedroom. He was fantastic!

Camillia Louisville, KY

He let me know he was running early and asked if it would be convenient for me if he came early, which was super nice, very helpful with all my questions and installed what he could. I wasn’t prepared for the doorbells, we have a big dog and I’m so grateful he liked dogs too. I had some issues because I am not a tech savvy person and never once did he make me feel bad but was super helpful and patient

rob hoaglin Indianapolis, IN

A friend recommended HelloTech to us. We called to inquire about your services. I fully expected to make an appointment that would be days way if not longer. I could not believe it when Omar told me Eddie was available and would be able to connect with us immediately to address our issues. IMMEDIATELY. That never happens these days. We are so pleased with HelloTech, Omar and Eddie! A real day maker! We will highly recommend HelloTech to others!!!

Denise Mathis Columbia, SC

The tech was very professional and efficient in mounting my TVs. Would highly recommend for future assistance with my electronics.

Gale Frana

Extremely helpful and patient with an old lady, me. Explained everything in simple terms I could understand. Very friendly and personable.

Matthew Brickman Palm City, FL

Gregory was AMAZING. I would highly recommend him to all of my friends. He is personable, efficient, knowledgable and we are extremely pleased with his performance.

Mark Kahling Bonita Springs, FL

Have never used before but based on the service I just got to install a programmable thermostat I will look to "HelloTech" for all future technical support.

Wanda Ponca City, OK

Marshall J. was extremely knowledgeable and helpful!! I am very satisfied with the service. He installed the equipment quickly and competently! Highly recommended the company and the service!!

J Stone Estero, FL

I will definitely ask for Victor if we ever need additional tech services. He was professional and extremely thorough. We had a really tough problem to figure out, and he was determined to find the answer...great problem-solving and a successful outcome!

Jim Anchorage, AK

My tech was Andre and he was great. He fixed all of my problems and represented HelloTech as a class A employee. He called before he arrived, was courteous, knowledgeable, fast and accurate. He completed the tasks I needed in less than the three hours. I'll take him back any time.

Doug Dewar Ashburn, VA

It was a positive experience. The technician is friendly and knowledgeable. He was able to determine that my problem was with windows. He gave me some suggestions on how to deal with it. I was thinking at the printer was the problem but it was it was not.

Susan Ceci Middleton, ID

HelloTech is awesome! Making an appointment (even same day) is easy and quick, the appointment update and tech arrival time is precise, and the technicians are outstanding(I have had Michael H twice). Very professional, knowledgable, and able to explain clearly to a novice like me.

Melissa Lusk St. Cloud, FL

Yanko was on time and extremely patient with my questions. He did an excellent job and I will definitely use your services in the future.

Terry Danuser Desert Hot Springs, CA

Van was great! He knew exactly what the fix for the two problems were, plus gave great advice on the new equipment. Super nice guy.

Jarrod Maddox Salt Lake City, UT

The technician was extremely friendly and the job was done quickly and perfectly. I will 100% use this company again when the time comes.

Tana Cook Athens, AL

Was very kind and asked how high I wanted the TV to be placed on the wall. Showed up on time. I highly recommend them for any service you may need!

Brenda Whealy Omaha, NE

Efficient, professional, able to come within 2 days of my call. Even sent text saying he was running 30 minutes behind. Great service!

Ruth Tallahassee, FL

Super friendly and professional. Would gladly use them again, made sure I understood the system before leaving. Awesome individuals, very refreshing to have met them.

Ben dunn Arlington, VA

Great service...Scott was efficient knowledgeable well dressed went right to work and gave me several choices and suggestions...excellent service...I highly recommend Scott out of Wilmington...best 83 bucks I’ve ever spent.

FrankieO Gualala, CA

John was wonderful. He knew what he was doing and was efficient. We are very pleased with the work that has been done by John and the prior tech that was sent out on another call. Thanks for this service!

Diane M Lynch West Palm Beach, FL

Actually the best thing about this company is the technical support I got it got complicated yet he was knowledgeable, persevered through multiple foul ps and I am so grateful that I picked this company and him

Jennifer Labbee Clovis, CA

Great Experience . Very careful and fast installation. Will use again. He took time to go over instructions to set up my new t.v. And Clean his area up when finished. Thank you Alfred.

Lynn Kring Mission, KS

Great fast service; technician was highly knowledgeable and skilled. Work completed was above and beyond expectations. Cost of the service seemed to be a bit pricy, but was overall worth the cost.

James Bouse Belvidere, NJ

It was a great experience! Patrick was knowledgeable, friendly and answered a whole bunch of questions! He rearraigned the folders that were all over the place. That is what I called you for and it's perfect now! He showed me a few tricks to keep my computer running at optimum performance. Couldn't have asked for more! I now have you're company on speed dial! It really is hard to find good help when you need it and one of the best parts is he did it all at MY desk, in My house! I didn't have to disconnect one wire or lug the machine all over the place for service. I will recommend your service to everyone I know! Actually, I forgot to ask for business cards but if you send me some I will start passing them out! There is nothing worse in the electronic age then to have issues with your computer and don't know who to call for competent help. Well done... AAA+++

GatorNupe Altamonte Springs, FL

Easy to setup a time/date, the tech arrived early and was able to explain everything to me. Finished the job quick!!!

Trinity Graphics Jacksonville, FL

Excellent service, the technician was on time and knowledgeable about my computer and the problem I was having. I highly recommend Hello Tech.

Brian Anderson Los Angeles, CA

We had connectivity issues with TV, internet, and WiFi extender. Michael got it all figured out and we seem to be running well.

Kay lynn Tucson, AZ

The tech Jayson was great. He was on time, friendly and explained how everything works. He really did a great job. I'm so happy with his work

l m Cocoa, FL

Esteban was absolutely wonderful! He was quick and knew what he was doing. He gave me plenty of information about the system and what to do if anything happened.

Lauren Swain New Orleans, LA

She talked to much and she made me uncomfortable talking about alot of different topics including politics she took to long to not do her job correctly she came before my kids came home for school round 3pm and didn't leave till after 10 she left 2 separate times the first time she was supposed to be going to home depot for a smaller drill bit came back after 2hrs explained then left again for another hour she used gorilla tape on outside cameras and gorilla putty mold for inside sensor one camera fell before she left she reapplied it then gave me a few pieces of tape jus incase even tho I thought I was getting them properly installed I payed all the funds so it could be done properly I could've done that and saved money very unpleased with work one of my main outside cameras came down another one that been down for few days I went outside yesterday trying to correct the problem with no success it was very temporary like a few hours then back it came and she also took her mask off and by time she returned after leaving we noticed a different in her appearance and her behavior

Sara j Fordyce Tucson, AZ

The tech Nicolas S. was on time, and very helpful in setting up my new computer at home. He answered any questions/concerns I had, and gave me some helpful advice.

Judy Hopkins Amarillo, TX

They call you back as soon as there is a free representative and don’t make you sit on hold. Our tech was reliable and on time and came on the weekend as my work schedule can change on a moments notice. He took the time to examine the problems and come up with solutions. Technician gave me a picture of what parts I needed and where to get them. Very friendly and courteous.

Sheri

The tech who arrived at my door was amazing. Very cordial, polite, friendly and easy to work with. I told him of my software iMac issues and he got right on them. I think he may have "strained his brain" trying to fix Sonos so it would work, but it works great now and I couldn't be happier. He explained things as he went along, and made sure I understood what he was doing. He's a great ambassador for your company. This was so easy. I'm sure I'll use their services again.

W. Cady Port Saint Lucie, FL

On time and very efficient. Tech was courteous and very proficient. Excellent rating.

Josh Razauskas Miamisburg, OH

Extremely helpful a great guy will definitely be returning in the future if I need anything!

Elizabeth Costa Kissimmee, FL

Excellent service. Resolved my problem quickly and I was grateful. On time and professional. Glad I became a member.

Linda Weisel Las Cruces, NM

Jacob was professional, courteous, polite, and knowledgeable. He fixed the problem and my printer is now working again.

Darlene Siniscalchi Fort Walton Beach, FL

My technician was very patient and explained everything to me. He was very knowledgeable and efficient.

Brent G Reedsburg, WI

Jacob from HelloTech did not complete the job and left without explanation. He was very unprofessional. Sloppy jeans with zipper down, smelled like drugs, did not listen to where I wanted the video camera installed, did not connect to wifi and verify it was working and then left because he couldn't figure it out. I WOULD NEVER HIRE THIS COMPANY OR SIMPLISAFE EVER AGIAN. WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE OF THE 200 VENDORS I WORK WITH.

Lady S. Lake Mary, FL

Zubair arrived on time. Very professional. Very patience and explained the process of installation. Great services at great prices!