Best Company Guarantee HelloTech Logo

HelloTech

6.8

LAST UPDATED: December 1st, 2021

HelloTech is the leading independent, on-demand technology support service. The company offers in-home and remote online support, 24/7.

HelloTech offers diagnostic solutions, support, installations, and hands-on training for just about any technology need, including computers, printers, smart home devices, home theater and audio, Wi-Fi, TV mounting, and much more.

The Good

• Memberships
  • No-Risk Guarantee
  • Company Partners

Memberships

You can pick from one of two membership options with HelloTech.

The first membership plan is the Online Protection plan. The plan costs $99 per year, and consumers get 5 percent off all in-home services. This plan also comes with free, unlimited, 24/7 tech support and covers unlimited devices.

There is a monthly payment option for the Online Protection plan, where you pay $9.99 per month.

The second membership plan is the Smart Home Plus plan. This costs $149 per year, but there's a flat rate of $69 for all in-home services. The plan includes everything that the Online Protection plan has but also offers one-year Malwarebytes antivirus protection, one-year of Dashlane Premium, and a free in-home technology checkup.

No-Risk Guarantee

HelloTech bills consumers upfront for any applicable fees (with the Smart Home Plus membership) along with ancillary services.

However, if you are not satisfied with the plan in the first 30 days, HelloTech will refund your membership cost (minus any discounts you may have received on services).

Company Partners

Brands like Amazon, Ooma, Lowes, Square, and Walmart and millions of customers trust HelloTech to install, maintain, and update their electronic devices.

The Bad

• Cancellation Fee
  • Consumer Complaints

Cancellation Fee

Although HelloTech understands that your schedule can change on short notice, the company does charge a cancelation fee in some instances.

If you cancel within 24 hours of your scheduled appointment, you will be charged a $25 cancellation fee. If you fail to cancel at least three hours before your appointment, you will be charged the full price of your scheduled service.

Additionally, a $25 service fee will be applied to appointments rescheduled within three hours of the appointment time.

Keep in mind that these fees apply to in-home services only.

Consumer Complaints

The following are the common complaints against HelloTech on BestCompany:

• Late Technicians — Several reviews mention that their technician was anywhere from 1 to 3 hours late for their scheduled appointment.
  • Unqualified Technicians — Several consumers stated that they felt their technician was not qualified to complete the task they'd been assigned.
  • Problem Is Not Fixed — Some reviews indicated that they were unhappy with the final result of their service because their technician did not fix the problem, but the company did not issue a refund.

Many complaints mention the technicians. HelloTech's technicians come from various backgrounds (some were full-time tech support professionals, others are college students looking to make some extra money). The company mentions that all its technicians go through a series of interviews, skill assessments, and background checks, but there is no mention of the exact training HelloTech provides. So your experience could very well depend on how experienced your technician is and the training they received.

The Bottom Line

HelloTech is a great company to look into if you need support for the technology that supports you and your business.

The company's two membership plans cover just about any device you can think of, including TVs, mobile phones, tablets, smart home systems, computers, printers, and more. And both plans include just about every service you can think of, whether it's installing a smart home system or mounting a TV. Plus, with the Smart Home Plus plan, you pay a $69 flat rate for all in-home services. Support is available 24/7, and there are technicians ready to make in-home visits across the country.

We would like to see HelloTech include more information about its technicians, especially regarding what kind of skills HelloTech is looking for, what training programs they go through, and what type of experience the company expects applicants to have.

bestcompany guarantee

Learn More

4.1

Mary Grace Miner Salt Lake City, UT

Jared arrived on time, listened to our problems with wi-fi connectivity, and set to work. He restored the wi-fi connectivity within 10 minutes and then spent an hour explaining and simplifying our computer connections and family network. He was a delight to work with, a thorough professional, and willing to explain his work to us. He left us well connected! It was a marvelous Christmas gift for my husband, and me too.

Jayna Young Port Saint Lucie, FL

We had been having issues installing our internet service. Our Xfinity tech referred us to Hello Tech. I received a link to book an appointment and the tech, Lubo, was able to come the same day/evening. Lubo was very professional and helpful. He is very experienced and knowledgeable about cable and internet services in addition to installing equipment. Our dog loved him!

Yolanda Harris Jacksonville, FL

Gary was phenomenal! He was fast & very professional! He went above & beyond to make our first mounting experience easy. We would love to use him again in the future! Thank you Gary!!

Amy Sunderman Grass Valley, CA

I like that you provided service so quickly. The tech I had was amazing, professional and only got paid minimally. Consider honoring your techs by paying them a lot more.

1 day ago

Helga Judd Albuquerque, NM

Bill S took care of all my issues. I’m grateful to finally be able to connect to the internet …… I would love to have Bill return next time I have issues. He was fantastic!!

Patti Couch Hamilton, OH

Jairam was so professional and handled my problem perfectly! I am so grateful as I needed some important documents printed out for my medical condition, and I want to thank you thank you!! Thank you Jairam!

Shane Hagood Miami Beach, FL

My intake call with Andrew in your LA office was incredible. I had so many issues to discuss with him and he answered everything in the most professional and patient manner. He got everything set up with Nikola my local technician and he was equally incredible. By the time Nikola was finished every one of my issues had been corrected. I could not be happier with Hello Tech because of Andrew and Nikola.

Maria Donham Grovetown, GA

Joshua was accommodating, great customer service. Informed me of other services that HelloTech offered. Was punctual. Was able to come earlier and called me and arrived as he said he would. Appearance was professional and wore his mask the entire time. Joshua wasted no time. Once I told him what I wanted he immediately began working what I thought would take an hour was done within 30 minutes. Great at mounting a tv. Perfectly centered and gave a suggestion of height which was perfect. I can't say enough good comments about him! Ask for Joshua you won't be sorry!

John Matters Reno, NV

My tech Paul was great. We couldn't install one of the doorbells because of how the house was setup. I would definitely use the service again.

Carole Hatfield Gainesville, FL

I was upset when the first tech did not notify me he couldn't keep the appt.. When I called the man answering the call seemed indifferent to me. You state I must notify you, why didn't that work the other way and you notify me? I was very pleased with Richard, which was sent on a Sat. Thank you.

Neal McCarroll Kansas City, MO

Michael was very knowledgeable with the operating systems and listened carefully to present me with options for each question I had. He explained what he was doing during each step of the process so I could follow his work. An excellent experience.

Tom N Roseville, CA

Chris was professional and personable and did a fantastic job! I couldn’t be happier with the result and I appreciated Chris taking pride in his work and wanting to make sure he felt good about the job he was doing. So pleased with my first experience with Hello Tech and I will certainly recommend to friends and family.

Jeff P Rochester, NY

Aaron was on time and was very helpful in setting my system up. He got into my router and Wi-Fi stuff with very little help from me. I was lost on some of my passwords and he quickly had it all sorted. I had confidence in the security system (or more specifically my ability to use it) by the time he was leaving. Good job.

PJ Bragg Jonesborough, TN

Our tech, William was GREAT! He instructed us with each element of our system as he unpacked and installed the equipment. He worked efficiently, and explained the reason for installing the equipment in the area of installation. He gave is options with each component of the systems location, explaining the merits of each one with the pros and cons of each.

Kashanna Hector Bloomfield, CT

Alvin was friendly, and fast installing my tv mount. He grabbed his tools and went to work immediately.

doris chargin Newport, OR

Good communications, tech was CB on time, and completed work expeditiously and was friendly and efficient.

Larry Walsh Yulee, FL

I purchased a new Wall Mount for my new 24" Flat Screen. I originally purchased the wall mount install with the tv purchase from walmart. Got the tv but they failed to show for the install. I contacted Hello Tech who gave me a convenient appointment to install the wall mount and connect the tv to cable using my existing wires from my previous tv. Price was $109. Their guy showed up on time, installed the wall bracket and then told me he did not know how to hook up the tv. So, $109 for a $25 service. Then I called AT&T, my cable provider who happened to have an opening the same day and said they would connect the tv for $99. Tech showed up early and did the job. Very happy with them. Not so happy with Walmart Handy or Hello Tech, sharing this to save others from being cheated like I was.

Jabari Cincinnati, OH

Ronald was a great technician. My installation was a little tricky, but Ronald took his time, gave me options on solutions, and went above and beyond! I was very impressed with his service.

R. Talley Midlothian, VA

From the first chat to seek what I needed, I was matched with a Hello Tech representative. I have used Hello Tech for other services and each time, I just had to sit by and let the tech do his stuff. They truly are an awesome company with awesome technicians.

Kerry Holguin Columbus, OH

We had a wonderful experience with HelloTech, their online scheduling is easy, instant reply via text and email. Great communication, our technician was professional, kind and patient. I would definitely recommend them to my friends and family.

Joseph Fittos Jr. Boyertown, PA

I am not savy when it comes to technology. The Tech from HELLO TECH was very professional and knowledgeable. If all the Tech's are like him, I would highly recommend HELLO TECH to anyone needing their services. I will definitely be using them again.

Leroy Thomas St. Cloud, FL

Tech was prompt and professional and knew his craft. Explained what was to be done and finished in a timely manner.

Amanda Settell Lexington, KY

Ken was very efficient quick and knowledgeable, respectful of our time and friendly 10/10 would recommend him to anyone

Dom H.

Justin arrived early for my appointment and was very fast and polite! Hope to have him as my tech on my next installation!

Missy Tanner Daphne, AL

Tech was very nice, polite & professional. My office hasn’t been set up since I moved here 2 months ago & now I can get back to work. Thank you Kevin. I would recommend.

Elizabeth Loeb Cordova, TN

Great service on a complicated TV switch involving two residences 30 minutes apart. Great experience with our tech. Friendly, knowledgeable and patient! Super nice guy and both of our TVs work great now!

KT Orem, UT

James was so helpful as I needed guidance on best camera position. Once the cameras were in place he made sure they were showing me exactly what I wanted. Great all around support, very personable!

bcjohnson3 Leland, NC

Scott H. did a great job, he was very professional, thorough and did a great job with our installation. I would highly recommend his work and hope I get a chance to work with him again in the future.

Philip LoBiondo Sr. Rochester, NY

I thought the Tech was well-prepared, on time, and very well experienced

Dorothy Christina Thielman Post Falls, ID

The tech was great! Very courtesy minded and professional young man.

Harvey Bazaman Loudon, TN

We were very pleased with the services rendered by Theron S. Mr. S. contacted us an hour ahead of time to ensure that it was still a good time for him to arrive. He arrived promptly and immediately went to work. He explained the function of each unit and determined the most appropriate location for its installation. Upon securing our approval, he proceeded with installation of each item and walked us through activation where appropriate, e.g. setting up and changing our PIN for the keypads, He was friendly and polite at all times and patiently and thoroughly answered all of our questions. His work was neat and tidy. HelloTech would do well to continue utilizing Mr. S's services in the future.

william thomas Pensacola, FL

fast professional service at a reasonable cost. will make them my first call for tech help in the future.

Jonathan Borgia

The technician never called or spoke to me, the property owner and the person who created the order. They hung the tv in the wrong place. Now I have to deal with the holes in the wall and having another technician come out to fix the mistake.

Flybrit Acworth, GA

Very friendly, honest service. Came the next day and were even able to come earlier than originally planned. I highly recommend.

Harry Harter Cape Coral, FL

A complete nightmare of an experience. The tech, a very nice man, but he had no clue what he was doing. He tried to install a full motion mount with a 58" TV anchored only in drywall. Needless to say as soon as the TV was placed on the mount, it pulled everything off of the wall leaving huge holes in my wall. Instead of replacing the drywall, he patched it with a huge amount of spackling. He returned the following day with a different mount and mounted it on the wall without checking to see if it was in the correct position. It was installed 6 inches too low and had to be moved, more holes in my wall to patch. I will never use HelloTech again. The technician was not a professional, but a jack of all trades, master of none.

M. Toth Minneapolis, MN

On 09/15/2021 was schedule the ring doorbell installation through Target. The technician show up almost 1 hour late. After 1 bell ring he call me to let me know he is leaving, my wife was home front of the garage but he do not take any effort to look around. He install very badly the unit the wire was taped cover with black tape front of the door, shortly the ring start ringing nonstop with no reason smoking overheating, I call the office and the customer service rep was very rude and not help at all online scheduled for next day 09/16/2021 the service to come out and fixed 11:00 am I get the e-mail " the technician who scheduled not available any more" re scheduled without discuss with me t 09/19/2021 9:00AM I ask who will responsible when my house burn down because the wrongful installation? the answer : you can claim the damages from your home insurance Order # 698084

Henry Dean Frederick, MD

This was the worst service and biggest scam I've ever been through. No one at customer service is answering to make it right either. We hired hellotech to install three simplisafe outdoor cameras. Our tech came unprepared, damaged our house, and may have permanently damaged one of the cameras. He hung one of the outdoor cameras with command strips when the package clearly said those were for indoor use only. So of course the camera fell down the next day. It is now upside down and has been rained on. We can't get it down because we don't have a ladder, hence why we hired hellotech in the first place. He also left a knot in the power cord and tried shoving it under the siding which is now damaged??? It was pure laziness and disregard for our property. On the other side of the house we now have three holes in the siding and a ripped power cord because the tech did not have the proper tools to feed the wire through to power the camera and just kept poking holes with his drill. We immediately reached out to hellotech and they have offered no help nor response from their level two support team. We asked for a more experienced tech to come out and fix it, no answer. It's been 6 days. At this point we just want a refund and to forget about this awful company, but they have left us stranded. Our camera may be completely useless due to the rain and now it seems we are left to foot the bill with replacing it. NEVER use this company.

Helen Stanbro Portland, ME

Very professional and knowledgeable. Took his time to do things thoroughly. Explained things clearly. Left written instructions for me if I decided to buy the USB stick I needed to record my data. Fixed my printer cartridge problem. Helped me to dispose of old cartridges. Very patient with me, since I am not computer literate.

Big Hank Jacksonville, FL

Great service with a fair price point and reasonable timetable.

She that girl Sierra Vista, AZ

My HelloTech James was very professional, friendly & fast. He was here to mount my TV on my TV sands floating pole. And upon opening the TV he discovered some of the bolts needed weren’t inside the box. He left went to Ace hardware got 4 new bolts came back and mounted my TV. I asked how much I owed him for the bolts and he said no charge. He even helped setup my TV & connected the cable. I am completely satisfied above and beyond with the service I received.

Yvonne Ybarra Saint Johns, FL

Kyle was awesome and even took the time to answer all my questions and even explained the many other services provided by HelloTech that I will definitely be using, soon. He was very punctual, professional and very knowledgeable about everything. I am so glad I found your company and my overall experience is the best by far I have ever experienced with any other company and person. I will be definitely recommending HelloTech to anyone and all of my friends and family.

Sarah Stoll Cedarburg, WI

Nazar arrived at exactly the appointed time. I had a question about using a wall mount, tv stand, or "feet" and he was able to give me excellent answers. He made sure I understood "source" so I could access different things on my tv. He removed his shoes since I had just had the carpets cleaned. He also straightened up and confined the mess of cables I had in my bedroom. He was fantastic!

Camillia Louisville, KY

He let me know he was running early and asked if it would be convenient for me if he came early, which was super nice, very helpful with all my questions and installed what he could. I wasn’t prepared for the doorbells, we have a big dog and I’m so grateful he liked dogs too. I had some issues because I am not a tech savvy person and never once did he make me feel bad but was super helpful and patient

monty eley Bloomingburg, NY

He was on time and professional. Did great work and left his work area spotless.

Donna Sgarlata Schenectady, NY

Kyle is knowledgeable, persistent, friendly and goes above and beyond. We were very pleased!!

Lance Jaimes Austin, TX

Philip always does a great job. He was very professional and prompt. Was glad he was the tech who came out.

Chris Beaverton, OR

This company was a sweat shop managed by some of the worst people you could ever encounter in life. extremely unprofessional and greedy. They would rather their technician to go at the risk of getting COVID knowingly, they collect substantial COVID protection fee from customers, but did not give a penny to their front line technician delivering the service. The manager had zero technical capability had no clue about the business but show no hesitation to macro mange and abuse power. This company has no technical expertise at all, offer zero training, counting on the technician knowing what to do, I was their top technician sent to clean up the mess regularly. Do yourself a favor, go to other platform such as Yelp or Thumbtack find out much more reliable sources, HelloTech is an airbag, middle man have nothing to offer, just a fat cat sitting there ripping off their technician. If there are negative stars, I would give it negative stars

Lynne Pittsford, NY

This company was very professional. The appointment times available would fit anyone’s schedule. Our tech was extremely helpful. We could never have installed this security system without him. He was prompt, courteous and very knowledgeable. We would not hesitate to call him again in the future.

Ben dunn Arlington, VA

Great service...Scott was efficient knowledgeable well dressed went right to work and gave me several choices and suggestions...excellent service...I highly recommend Scott out of Wilmington...best 83 bucks I’ve ever spent.

J Stone Estero, FL

I will definitely ask for Victor if we ever need additional tech services. He was professional and extremely thorough. We had a really tough problem to figure out, and he was determined to find the answer...great problem-solving and a successful outcome!