HelloTech Logo

HelloTech

6.4

HelloTech is the leading independent, on-demand technology support service. The company offers in-home and remote online support, 24/7.

HelloTech offers diagnostic solutions, support, installations, and hands-on training for just about any technology need, including computers, printers, smart home devices, home theater and audio, Wi-Fi, TV mounting, and much more.

The Good

• Memberships
  • No-Risk Guarantee
  • Company Partners

Memberships

You can pick from one of two membership options with HelloTech.

The first membership plan is the Online Protection plan. The plan costs $99 per year, and consumers get 5 percent off all in-home services. This plan also comes with free, unlimited, 24/7 tech support and covers unlimited devices.

There is a monthly payment option for the Online Protection plan, where you pay $9.99 per month.

The second membership plan is the Smart Home Plus plan. This costs $149 per year, but there's a flat rate of $69 for all in-home services. The plan includes everything that the Online Protection plan has but also offers one-year Malwarebytes antivirus protection, one-year of Dashlane Premium, and a free in-home technology checkup.

No-Risk Guarantee

HelloTech bills consumers upfront for any applicable fees (with the Smart Home Plus membership) along with ancillary services.

However, if you are not satisfied with the plan in the first 30 days, HelloTech will refund your membership cost (minus any discounts you may have received on services).

Company Partners

Brands like Amazon, Ooma, Lowes, Square, and Walmart and millions of customers trust HelloTech to install, maintain, and update their electronic devices.

The Bad

• Cancellation Fee
  • Consumer Complaints

Cancellation Fee

Although HelloTech understands that your schedule can change on short notice, the company does charge a cancelation fee in some instances.

If you cancel within 24 hours of your scheduled appointment, you will be charged a $25 cancellation fee. If you fail to cancel at least three hours before your appointment, you will be charged the full price of your scheduled service.

Additionally, a $25 service fee will be applied to appointments rescheduled within three hours of the appointment time.

Keep in mind that these fees apply to in-home services only.

Consumer Complaints

The following are the common complaints against HelloTech on BestCompany:

• Late Technicians — Several reviews mention that their technician was anywhere from 1 to 3 hours late for their scheduled appointment.
  • Unqualified Technicians — Several consumers stated that they felt their technician was not qualified to complete the task they'd been assigned.
  • Problem Is Not Fixed — Some reviews indicated that they were unhappy with the final result of their service because their technician did not fix the problem, but the company did not issue a refund.

Many complaints mention the technicians. HelloTech's technicians come from various backgrounds (some were full-time tech support professionals, others are college students looking to make some extra money). The company mentions that all its technicians go through a series of interviews, skill assessments, and background checks, but there is no mention of the exact training HelloTech provides. So your experience could very well depend on how experienced your technician is and the training they received.

The Bottom Line

HelloTech is a great company to look into if you need support for the technology that supports you and your business.

The company's two membership plans cover just about any device you can think of, including TVs, mobile phones, tablets, smart home systems, computers, printers, and more. And both plans include just about every service you can think of, whether it's installing a smart home system or mounting a TV. Plus, with the Smart Home Plus plan, you pay a $69 flat rate for all in-home services. Support is available 24/7, and there are technicians ready to make in-home visits across the country.

We would like to see HelloTech include more information about its technicians, especially regarding what kind of skills HelloTech is looking for, what training programs they go through, and what type of experience the company expects applicants to have.

3.8

Harvey Bazaman Loudon, TN

We were very pleased with the services rendered by Theron S. Mr. S. contacted us an hour ahead of time to ensure that it was still a good time for him to arrive. He arrived promptly and immediately went to work. He explained the function of each unit and determined the most appropriate location for its installation. Upon securing our approval, he proceeded with installation of each item and walked us through activation where appropriate, e.g. setting up and changing our PIN for the keypads, He was friendly and polite at all times and patiently and thoroughly answered all of our questions. His work was neat and tidy. HelloTech would do well to continue utilizing Mr. S's services in the future.

Sarah Stoll Cedarburg, WI

Nazar arrived at exactly the appointed time. I had a question about using a wall mount, tv stand, or "feet" and he was able to give me excellent answers. He made sure I understood "source" so I could access different things on my tv. He removed his shoes since I had just had the carpets cleaned. He also straightened up and confined the mess of cables I had in my bedroom. He was fantastic!

Camillia Louisville, KY

He let me know he was running early and asked if it would be convenient for me if he came early, which was super nice, very helpful with all my questions and installed what he could. I wasn’t prepared for the doorbells, we have a big dog and I’m so grateful he liked dogs too. I had some issues because I am not a tech savvy person and never once did he make me feel bad but was super helpful and patient

Wanda Ponca City, OK

Marshall J. was extremely knowledgeable and helpful!! I am very satisfied with the service. He installed the equipment quickly and competently! Highly recommended the company and the service!!

J Stone Estero, FL

I will definitely ask for Victor if we ever need additional tech services. He was professional and extremely thorough. We had a really tough problem to figure out, and he was determined to find the answer...great problem-solving and a successful outcome!

Jim Anchorage, AK

My tech was Andre and he was great. He fixed all of my problems and represented HelloTech as a class A employee. He called before he arrived, was courteous, knowledgeable, fast and accurate. He completed the tasks I needed in less than the three hours. I'll take him back any time.

rob hoaglin Indianapolis, IN

A friend recommended HelloTech to us. We called to inquire about your services. I fully expected to make an appointment that would be days way if not longer. I could not believe it when Omar told me Eddie was available and would be able to connect with us immediately to address our issues. IMMEDIATELY. That never happens these days. We are so pleased with HelloTech, Omar and Eddie! A real day maker! We will highly recommend HelloTech to others!!!

Trinity Graphics Jacksonville, FL

Excellent service, the technician was on time and knowledgeable about my computer and the problem I was having. I highly recommend Hello Tech.

Brian Anderson Los Angeles, CA

We had connectivity issues with TV, internet, and WiFi extender. Michael got it all figured out and we seem to be running well.

FrankieO Gualala, CA

John was wonderful. He knew what he was doing and was efficient. We are very pleased with the work that has been done by John and the prior tech that was sent out on another call. Thanks for this service!

Diane M Lynch West Palm Beach, FL

Actually the best thing about this company is the technical support I got it got complicated yet he was knowledgeable, persevered through multiple foul ps and I am so grateful that I picked this company and him

Jennifer Labbee Clovis, CA

Great Experience . Very careful and fast installation. Will use again. He took time to go over instructions to set up my new t.v. And Clean his area up when finished. Thank you Alfred.

Doug Dewar Ashburn, VA

It was a positive experience. The technician is friendly and knowledgeable. He was able to determine that my problem was with windows. He gave me some suggestions on how to deal with it. I was thinking at the printer was the problem but it was it was not.

Susan Ceci Middleton, ID

HelloTech is awesome! Making an appointment (even same day) is easy and quick, the appointment update and tech arrival time is precise, and the technicians are outstanding(I have had Michael H twice). Very professional, knowledgable, and able to explain clearly to a novice like me.

Jeanette Eckenfels Granite City, IL

Excellent remote service. My computer is running again. He was very helpful. I am not very tech savvy, and he managed to help me and explain some things to me. Will highly recommend your remote service. With Covid, we are reluctant for in person service. This was an excellent option.

Elizabeth Costa Kissimmee, FL

Excellent service. Resolved my problem quickly and I was grateful. On time and professional. Glad I became a member.

Kay lynn Tucson, AZ

The tech Jayson was great. He was on time, friendly and explained how everything works. He really did a great job. I'm so happy with his work

Lisa C Siegrist Fairfax, VA

HelloTech informed me when the technician would arrive a day before. Ozgur was prompt, courteous and efficient. I was very impressed.

l m Cocoa, FL

Esteban was absolutely wonderful! He was quick and knew what he was doing. He gave me plenty of information about the system and what to do if anything happened.

Lauren Swain New Orleans, LA

She talked to much and she made me uncomfortable talking about alot of different topics including politics she took to long to not do her job correctly she came before my kids came home for school round 3pm and didn't leave till after 10 she left 2 separate times the first time she was supposed to be going to home depot for a smaller drill bit came back after 2hrs explained then left again for another hour she used gorilla tape on outside cameras and gorilla putty mold for inside sensor one camera fell before she left she reapplied it then gave me a few pieces of tape jus incase even tho I thought I was getting them properly installed I payed all the funds so it could be done properly I could've done that and saved money very unpleased with work one of my main outside cameras came down another one that been down for few days I went outside yesterday trying to correct the problem with no success it was very temporary like a few hours then back it came and she also took her mask off and by time she returned after leaving we noticed a different in her appearance and her behavior

Lynn Kring Mission, KS

Great fast service; technician was highly knowledgeable and skilled. Work completed was above and beyond expectations. Cost of the service seemed to be a bit pricy, but was overall worth the cost.

Darlene Siniscalchi Fort Walton Beach, FL

My technician was very patient and explained everything to me. He was very knowledgeable and efficient.

Brent G Reedsburg, WI

Jacob from HelloTech did not complete the job and left without explanation. He was very unprofessional. Sloppy jeans with zipper down, smelled like drugs, did not listen to where I wanted the video camera installed, did not connect to wifi and verify it was working and then left because he couldn't figure it out. I WOULD NEVER HIRE THIS COMPANY OR SIMPLISAFE EVER AGIAN. WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE OF THE 200 VENDORS I WORK WITH.

Lady S. Lake Mary, FL

Zubair arrived on time. Very professional. Very patience and explained the process of installation. Great services at great prices!

W K ,

The tech was very professional and did a great job mounting my TV on the wall in my bedroom. He took his time to make sure everything was just right.

Sara j Fordyce Tucson, AZ

The tech Nicolas S. was on time, and very helpful in setting up my new computer at home. He answered any questions/concerns I had, and gave me some helpful advice.

Ginger Stuckey Pensacola, FL

Such a pleasure having James as my tech. So informative , polite and technology awareness.

mark malizia Aberdeen, WA

Awesome experience. Very professional and knowledgeable. Would recommend to anyone.

Michael Crowley Aiken, SC

Tim was very thorough and patient despite the late time slot the service was provided

Timothy D. McKay New Orleans, LA

They need 2 guy's for large tv's one man cannot hang a large tv alone. My tv 📺 was dropped twice that left a dent on the corner of a New 82 inch tv

Aida Cortes Orlando, FL

The company met all expectations and Hilton was very knowledgeable of his job. This was an amazing experience!

Beverly Usry Oklahoma City, OK

They billed me 3 times the quoted price, did a portion of the work and will not return my calls to resolve. I'm disputing the charges on my credit card to try and get someone to resolve from their company but I would NOT recommend them to anyone.

M. Walker ,

The technician was very quick and efficient. I was very impressed because he completed the job in no time. Thanks so much.

David W. Orio Port Charlotte, FL

customer friendly and quite knowledgable of how things go together -Extremely pleased Will Definitely recommend your services to friends & family - Thank You Dave O

Nyeta Simmons Tulsa, OK

Lyle was very fast, friendly, and professional

Jorge Gonzalez Chicago, IL

Quick service and great customer Service

Stephanie Mueller Philadelphia, PA

Amazing! Mounted where I wanted it and didn't even know it could be done!

Tony Dickens Greensboro, NC

Fast and efficient service. Courteous, knowledgeable and professional. Highly recommend!

Erica Patt98 New York, NY

It was great ,speedy and efficient very pleased with our tech Alvin and the service he provided

Jasmine Beckrum ,

Hey was awesome person got in and got out that it done so fast Looks great my son love it!!!

Kathy Indianapolis, IN

They had a service representative scheduled within 2 days. The rep was very pleasant and efficient

James Bouse Belvidere, NJ

It was a great experience! Patrick was knowledgeable, friendly and answered a whole bunch of questions! He rearraigned the folders that were all over the place. That is what I called you for and it's perfect now! He showed me a few tricks to keep my computer running at optimum performance. Couldn't have asked for more! I now have you're company on speed dial! It really is hard to find good help when you need it and one of the best parts is he did it all at MY desk, in My house! I didn't have to disconnect one wire or lug the machine all over the place for service. I will recommend your service to everyone I know! Actually, I forgot to ask for business cards but if you send me some I will start passing them out! There is nothing worse in the electronic age then to have issues with your computer and don't know who to call for competent help. Well done... AAA+++

Dorothy Alt ,

My 4:pm service appointment was confirmed. That was 4 hours ago. I called the company 1 hour ago and the service representative said she would have someone call me. No call. No service. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME ON THIS COMPANY!!!!!!!!

Mary Banks Buena Vista, CO

Easy to get in touch/on time w/requisite know-how! Remained calm and engaged even when I failed to do my part!

Terry Fort Lauderdale, FL

Dwayne (the Hello Tech rep) was prompt, polite and knew what he was doing. He explained every step. I’d be happy to have his assistance again.

Deana Duquesne El Paso, TX

Great job. The hello tech team is well informed & they've helped me out by installing new equipment & updating older equipment.

M Garcia ,

SCAMMERS!! They took $143 out of my account WITHOUT my permission! They state in writing in your emailed confirmation - "You will not be charged until the job is completed." I specifically rescheduled my appointment from the 17th to the 23rd because I needed the $143 for bills. Now, today, Dec. 9th, I was charged $143!! When I called "Ray" told me that, no, I wasn't charged. It was just a preauthorization. HOWEVER, on my end, it's the SAME THING! I no longer have access to that money, which I desperately needed for bills. And I've worked in customer service for many years, and a preauthorization should be a minimal amount, NOT THE FULL AMOUNT!!! They are liars and scammers, and a total waste of time and energy. Ray left me on hold forever while trying to get me a supervisor. YOU DO NOT DO THAT. You keep the customer in the loop, letting them know that you are still working on getting someone. Horrible customer service all around!! I cancelled my order and will report them to every agency that has anything to do with them!! Taking money out of someone's account WITHOUT PERMISSION, and going against their own promise of not charging until AFTER the service is completed is FRAUD - illegal in the United States!!! And I'm sure "Ray" was in the Philippines, oblivious to the way things are done in the US!!! PATHETIC!!!

goodbyetech Austin, TX

Truly a zero star experience. I paid for a 'professional' to mount my 65" tv. The guy who showed up was incredibly rude (kicking my belongings if they were in his way, rolling his eyes, sighing loudly, refused to answer any questions I had, and overall made me feel like I was inconveniencing him somehow, etc.). I wish I had trusted my instinct to ask him to leave. Instead, knowing I had already paid for the service, I let him continue with the job. My TV is legitimately crooked. On the left hand side, it sticks out nearly 6" from the wall (I bought a mount that will make a TV as flush to wall as possible) and on the right hand side it sits just over 4" from the wall. The tv appears to be warped in the back. He mounted incorrectly and then tried to blame me for 'distracting' him. He removed it and it appeared things were going better, but unfortunately it's very clearly improperly mounted. It also sits 1-2" further left than I had requested. He seemed in a hurry to leave, so I don't even know if the tv is actually level. I called HelloTech and was told someone would email or text me within 24 hours and a different technician would stop by today to fix the mounting. It's been over 24 hours and no call, text, or email and no one has come to fix it. I've wasted the past 2 hours on the phone with HelloTech and the person I spoke with says 'yes' in response to everything, even if it's not true. Then he tells me it takes 24-48 hours and someone will show up tomorrow and I will get a call, text, or email (although he couldn't seem to decide which or what would happen first). Asked to speak with someone in their support/escalation department, and rather than transfer me, call was disconnected. Now every time I call after waiting on hold endlessly, the call disconnects. The TV still needs to be mounted properly, I've paid for a service that wasn't rendered properly, and can't get in touch with anyone to fix the issue.

Terra Dionne , WA

No but I feel like you should be able to cancel even in the first month without having to pay the full cost of the service if you already paid the membership fee and charge of the service provided in your home but this is not the case even though when I sighed up I asked if there would be a charge penalty or was told no then when I went to cancel I asked the same question and was told no but then I got an email saying I was being charged the remaining amount as if I wasn’t a member so I called them and they said if I canceled within a month of having a service provided in my home I would be charged like 56 dollars that is not being upfront or honest it was shady and I am irritated and frustrated by this so I have to wait exactly 30 from the date they were in my home to cancel I didn’t want any refund I just wanted to cancel like really ???!!!

Matt D Philadelphia, PA

I have used HelloTech three times. First two times were great experiences. However, the third has soured me to the company. They sent me an incompetent tech to mount my 65" television. The technician lost some parts behind my wall the day he was mounting it and had to come back the next day (he tried to close the job anyway on his app). The next day he gets the tv on the wall, but it doesn't look right. I tell him a screw is missing and the tv is sagging, and I send pictures. He assures me it will be ok. Flash forward a couple of weeks, and the tv falls off the wall. It is then obvious that he just drilled three screws into drywall and left. The tv was on a full range mount and was doomed for failure. I contacted hellotech and they tried to blame me for this! Despite the mountain of evidence in texts I provided them, they said that since I moved the tv on a full range mount it was my fault it dropped. I have been trying to resolve this for a week now but have not been successful I will happily adjust this review if they make this right. I didn't even want to review after the TV dropped because i know they still have some good techs, but their customer service has been abysmal.