GeekBuddy is affiliated with the Comodo Group, which is a company that specializes in internet security and antivirus development. GeekBuddy coverage includes 24/7 support and proactive efforts to prevent future computer problems. GeekBuddy was the recipient of a "Parent Tested, Parent Approved" award in 2010, and the 2011 Golden Bridge Award for "Best New Product."

My Phone Support chevron_right
4.9
OneSupport chevron_right
Geek Squad chevron_right
3.3

The Good

• 24/7 support
  • Multiple repair packages
  • Free trial

24/7 Support

GeekBuddy is available 24/7 by phone or by live chat. The program itself, when activated, opens up to a live chat window that allows you to communicate your tech problem with a representative.

Multiple Repair Packages

Customers can pick a one-time repair package from GeekBuddy for $69.99. Customers can also select long-term packages starting at $109.99 or $169.99 depending on the desired coverage. The more expensive options include repairing multiple computers, antivirus software, and cloud storage.

Free Trial

GeekBuddy allows you to download a free trial, but nowhere on the website is it listed of how long the free trial lasts for. Regardless, some competing tech support companies don't provide a free trial whatsoever, so this may attest to GeekBuddy's confidence in customer satisfaction.

The Bad

• No Mac, TV, smartphones, or WiFi
  • No in-home or on-site repairs

No Mac, TV, Smartphones, or Wifi

GeekBuddy can only help with fixing PC problems. GeekBuddy software isn't compatible with Macs or mobile devices. There also won't be any in-home representatives that can take a look at other hardware like your TV or WiFi. Unless your problem is specifically PC-related, there isn't much GeekBuddy can do.

No In-Home or On-Site Repairs

GeekBuddy operates entirely online, so there is no place a customer can go to talk in person with a representative. Any customer looking for that caliber of personal attention is going to be disappointed.

View Top Tech Support Companies

The Bottom Line

GeekBuddy has earned some accolades and is affiliated with a respected name in internet security. 24/7 support will bring peace of mind for many customers and the choice of multiple packages is appealing. GeekBuddy, however, is restricted in how many devices it can cover in its services. Customers hoping to cover their Macs and smartphones are going to be out of luck. Considering the industry awards and positive customer feedback, we consider GeekBuddy worth a look.

Check Out The Top Companies

3.0

Andrew
December 5th, 2016

I have used them for a few years now. I love Comodo Internet Security for many reasons of the big Companies which seem to be targets for viruses. Geek Buddy has helped me many times. I am a geek myself but I do get stumped at times. The only complaint I have is the extreme upsell pressure at the end of the service. They even lie about my expiry date . I had over a year longer then they stated on a few occasions. Hence 6 stars not 10