H&R Block Logo

6.9

Dylan Findlay South Jordan, UT

The H&R Block tax software is very simple to use and asks all of the pertinent information. The only problem I’ve noticed is that sometimes the fees to file your state taxes seem ridiculous.

L. T. Sacramento, CA

I've used them for over 5 years. The ease of filing everything online is fantastic. Of course, it helps that they store my past filings and pre-fill things that haven't changed.

Jeff Martin Layton, UT

I have used H & R block a couple times and it went well. They made it simple and it was nice to rely on them for my tax needs. They got me a great return.

Yolanda Queer Shelley, ID

H&R Block is very helpful with filing taxes. Their accountants are experienced and know what they're doing.

Dara Bottenhagen Chicago, IL

Very professional and friendly. Got me in last minute and explained everything to me.

tommy melvin Richmond, VA

We had one issue with a tax prep one time and they went above and beyond making it right.

Cheyenne Stewart Knoxville, TN

Very friendly company. Some of the representatives seemed to need more training. They didn't handle personal paperwork as they should have.

Ted Rock Island, IL

The ease of using the product is great. I like that each year I can import the previous years data. What a time saving feature that is.

cindy petrosino Parlin, NJ

Scammers! Do NOT USE HR BLOCK! WON'T HELP ABOUT MY TAXES? Regional manager, Cliffwood NJ office, Laura M, got very nasty to me? She IS A JERKFACE! I did a complaint with BBB! I paid $212.95 for what? A headache? I am NOT HAPPY! 100% GUARANTEED? BS!

Brad Deckert Wheaton, IL

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED! The international team are essentially high school students who have no problem making mistakes which cost my family over 9K. Now I have to go back and refile. Again, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED! PS: I was warned by a CPA NOT to work with this company, I learned my lesson the hard way, don't make my mistake!

MaryAnn Hagblom West Jordan, UT

Their employees really know the tax system. And make sure you get all the tax breaks that you need and deserve.

merlin Albuquerque, NM

I am never using them again. I used them for a few years. their software didn't submit a form it should have and got audited for it, they replied that they weren't going to help because it wasn't their fault. we got an accountant to redo the taxes and actually got money back. DO NOT USE HR BLOCK...

wolfgang rothen Pine City, MN

Terrible download support & service. I spent 6 hrs. unsuccessfully trying to download the software, went through numerous hoops with tech support, received a case number and never received a call back. Then went to turbo tax and had everything up and running in less than an hour. Go figure.

Shellie Sparks, NV

H&R is the worst very unprofessional Still waiting for my refund its been 24 days Said it would be 21 days now they say it will be here the 24th of February. Charged 152.00 for what? My fault should have done it for free on TurboTax and waited the same amount of time!

Hatti

Terrible experience! I had to keep re-entering my Social Security information even though it was obviously correct. I couldn't e-file, so I sent a paper extension request to the ITS before my post office closed! Zero stars to Block! I had to put one on this form, but they didn't earn it ! What a needless hassle!!!😣

Catherine Los Angeles, CA

if i could give zero stars i would, their online software malfunctioned, preventing me from filing my taxes. they were impossible to get ahold of, they gave me the runaround and no one told me filing online multiple times would prevent me from doing so again. i feel scammed.

Jim Peoria, IL

My last years taxes State and Federal, prepared by H&R Block cost over $300. This year, even with your transparent pricing was going to cost me $225. Had my taxes prepared by a national licensed tax preparer, and my total for both State and Federal were $70. Will never recommend or use H&R Block again.

Tiffany

The tax preparers were very knowledgeable and friendly, but the Axos Bank Tax Refund Advance up to 3K is a credit-based fraud. 327.00 to file taxes I could have done at home in 20 minutes to submit for a loan that I was denied because my credit is 530. Watch out! Fraudulent advertising at its finest.

K Haslett, MI

Unfortunately I apparently can't give them less than 1 star, although they deserve 0. They charge a lot to even train you to be a tax preparer. Unfortunately, the training is focused on sales. The "instructor" couldn't answer my questions related to actual tax preparation! No wonder they file so many returns with errors.

Kathleen A Cota Rock Hill, SC

Filing is completely free online if you use the simple 1040 and even with a schedule A. State filing is free

Tom Pleasant Grove, UT

I have used H&R Block in the past and they are a very trustworthy company that has great customer service and knowledge about my taxes.

Carlye Nelson Washington, DC

My tax refund check was mailed to the wrong place and after I was transferred on the phone multiple times for over 40 minutes, they said that they could not help me and even though I paid $200 for my taxes to be filed, I was never mailed my refund. Very upset and will not use this company again.

Cathy Hearen Victorville, CA

I love H&R Block I have always stop those most for our text return than anybody else and they're always there for you.

Michele Landing, NJ

My first time at H&R Block was horrid! I was misinformed on pricing 2 times, took almost my entire Sunday to file, and it is now almost 4 weeks later and still no refund. I would suggest using an actual accountant, not a tax preparer or do yourself. Total rip off!!! It was the worst experience yet filing my taxes.

Rick Galliher

Had to pay taxes on taxes already paid - but H&R Block went back for as many tax years as allowed and straightened it out

Matthew Buffalo, NY

Yes they're accountants are amazing but they're rip offs save the 400-500 $600 to get your taxes done the government needs to file civil suit and pay all the people back that they been robbing horrible company will never been go there again they take advantage of people that was EIC in charge of standing rates they are thoroughly junk

Jason West Grove, PA

Had a rude tax pro that didn’t have a clue. Tried to contact customer support to get a new one, on day 5 of still waiting for someone to contact me. Customer support seems non existent. I feel like I’ve been scammed out of $60

Randal Georges

Had my taxes done with them last year when they ran $130 special. Called to find out how much this year, they said it would probably be a bit more. When I went to pick up my taxes they told me it was $500, $450 with a credit. Almost 4 X as much as last year and my taxes were easier this year. Ripoff, won't go back!

Albert cipriani Alhambra, CA

Their service took me 14 hours to complete. Sheer torture. They have nobody to man the phones. Spent two hours on hold and was disconnected both times. They charge me over $90 for a tax bill that only came to $94. H&R Block should be criminally investigated as rip off artists.

Philip B. Saraff Sr. Colorado Springs, CO

I just found out H&R Block did not file my tax for 2014 Fed.or State of Co. electronically . I paid for the service to prepare my taxes and file , do you think they would take responsibility? ( NO ) Mary Ann S, EA Agent of Littleton Colorado H&R cost me time and money but will not refund, Do not employ H&R (FONYS )

David Barnabo Point Pleasant, WV

Filed my deceased sister for 2016 June 27. At H&R Block. I have been back to the office about 4 times. Trying to get this refund. Today he said there was nothing he could due. I thought you stand behind your work. From Spencer WV. No more H&R Block for this family.

Amit Nigam Atlanta, GA

They are most unaware people over tax issues. They even dont know how to file for ITIN, my depedents ITIN application and my friends ITIN those i referred to them just got back to us. And HnR consultants have no idea what to do with it. It is a chop shop, please don't waste your money, time and stay away from headache by avoiding HnR block.

saadia

H&R oakville dundas location is a ripper I paid them to do my si.ple taxes $ 750 . Which is a ridiculous amount . If my review can help people not to get ripped by them my objective to write this review would be done and for myself I vow never ever to set foot in their office again .

Gladys Maloney Maschhoff Sanford, ME

Sylvia Grondon in the Sanford,Me office has prepared our taxes for a number of years and we couldn't be happier.

b&c beidleman Emmaus, PA

very unlikeable this year. have been there 20 plus years and never any problems like this year. did our taxes and then get a call after all filed and told something missed when did the computer work so had to pay back everything that we had gotten

Theresa Elyria, OH

They only care about numbers not clients. They treat their employees like crap, paying measly wages. There is no opportunity for advancement in the company. They pick and choose favorites, allowing a person who knows nothing about taxes the opportunity to manage a store.

Rocio Diaz Tallahassee, FL

They are great for tax prep and customer service is superb, however, they are very expensive to use in comparison to other tax prep services.

Dave Marlowe American Fork, UT

Are used H&R Block to file my taxes for many years I find it is detailed and ask questions and get the most for my tax prep dollars

Karli American Fork, UT

They’re really helpful in explaining why things are a certain way and helping us navigate the tax process. Great experience.

Alexis Hirschi Idaho Falls, ID

I've only used them once but it was when I messed up on my taxes and I went in and they speedily helped me figure it all out.

James Knight Tremonton, UT

We’ve done our taxes since 2000 with H&R Block. E we completely trust and appreciate them and their attention to detail and quality

Maverick Denhalter Salt Lake City, UT

They have a mobile app that is very easy to use. Taxes don’t take a ton of time. And they have always seemed to get me the best tax return.

Erin Drake Norcross, GA

I have used H&R Block for years and will continue to use them. They are professional and the best in their line of business.

Suravi Chakraborty Spring Hill, FL

I’ve been going to H&R Block for Long time. I only like service from one particular place. I believe not everyone is Experience as others. Overall I love H&R Block.

Nicholas Nesbit , TX

This company is okay to use if you do not have any specialized needs. I would not recommend this company if you have a business that requires itemized expenses or if you own a business.

Lizabeth Augustine Holmdel, NJ

Have been using service for about 5 years. Intelligent and friendly staff. Always willing to help. Excellent experience. Recommend to others.

Amanda Purpura Gibsonia, PA

They charge a TON of money to do taxes. My husband and I were paying hundreds and hundreds of dollars each year until we found a small family-owned firm that charged a fraction of the cost. We also had a year where our taxes were done incorrectly and we needed to quickly address the issue.

Don Boren American Fork, UT

If your taxed aren't very complex, they provide decent service. If your taxes are complex with more deductions, etc...you are probably better off going to a CPA.

Randy Scoville Pleasant Grove, UT

I went to a booth they had at Walmart. I have a business and I wanted to see if they could do both individual and business taxes. The rep was really nice, but it was much cheaper to go to another place for my tax prep.

Chloe Adams Morgan, UT

So simple! This was the most stress free tax service I have ever used. Thank you for being prompt and answering my questions.