H&R Block Logo

6.9

Dave_ Layton, UT

I am happy with the software as it had accurate calculations of my taxes and is easy to use. I used this software several years in the past and only switched to a different one since my employer subsidized the other product. I was happy with the product and my father has been using it for the past 15 years after switching from the other product as he prefers H&R Block.

Michelle Rios Ogden, UT

It has been a few years since we have used H&R Block, but I can tell you that the service that they provided was great. We were able to work with an agent that was knowledgeable and efficient, with our taxes completed in just a few days. The cost was reasonable for the piece of mind offered. We would probably still use them, except that my husband got his degree in accounting. We appreciate your service H&R Block!

kristin Gneiting Pleasant Grove, UT

I have used H&R Block many times and every time they are very knowledgable and helpful in doing my taxes. They helped me through every step of the way, and it was good to be able to talk with someone instead of a computer. I felt like they gave me all the options I needed and made the best out of what isn't fun at all and that is taxes. In the end they gave me options to file on line or send it in myself and they also gave me the option of getting my refund sooner through them.

Sarah Ava Salt Lake City, UT

We’ve used H&R Block’s online filing for the past two years and would definitely recommend it. The program takes you through your taxes step by step and has someone available if you have any questions or concerns. Simple and convenient, even when your taxes are complicated and not as straightforward. The price we paid is hundreds less than we paid a CPA to file for us in the past, so it’s well worth the savings.

Heather Novus Palm Bay, FL

Website is incredibly easy to use and military one source uses this company to prep taxes for military members.

Lena munn Elmira, NY

I always have good results with H&R. I also like that you gave the option yo get audit protection. They are expensive but it's worth it.

Noa Ranoa Vista, CA

Think Legal. Don't cut corners and risk a audit. I've used H&R for years. I trust them and what they charge. Clean and simple!

Mymy Tallahassee, FL

The representative that helped me do my taxes are super informed and I always feel like my refund is maximized by using this serivce!

Teresa Taylor FL

I used their online service it was pretty good pretty easy.

Gaju Shrestha Provo, UT

I have used H&R Block (online) to file my tax for couple of years. Tge steps were easy to follow and they checked everything and made sure everything covered and maximum refunded.

Ron Thurgood Denver, CO

I have felt the Software was very good for the basic tax filing. As I have had more and more different income streams I was not as comfortable with if it or I was filing things properly. I moved to a tax advisor now.

Noureddine Lalami Brentwood, CA

They have the tax software process down to the science. Helpful customer service. I don't like the fact that you need to pay for higher package to get live help, especially if you are in the middle of doing your taxes.

Rebecca D

Love our H and R Block advisor. She is amazing. Efficient and knowledgeable, Geeta makes tax season a breeze. Will continue to use their services every tax season.

Beverly Schacher Long Beach, MS

We used to use H&R Block when my husband was self employed, recently retired. We actually used the same tax preparer for several years and were very satisfied with his knowledge and experience. It was a little expensive but well worth the peace of mind that we were getting the most deductions allowable while keeping within the laws.

Jimmy Kemp, TX

I went to H&R Block to get my taxes done. They say transparency they are supposed to give you a estimate as what it's going to cost so you can file or not. Tax preparation started it $59 up For a 1040 short form with my social security and Navy retired pay and some interest from savings account. One schedule one form for filing alimony. One letter and stamp to send a cashier's check to IRS I was charged $194.00 with $25.00 Dollar off coupon which would make it $169.00 After I got back to my apartment I thought about it. That is ridiculous to get charged that much for a1040 form ect. But who do you complain to?

Rebecca Terre Haute, IN

My initial experience was wonderful. Got a good return and it didn't take very much time. However, this tax return was messed up making my state return to be rejected. I made many calls that were missed, dropped, or not returned. After finally getting it taken care of it had been a month since my initial appointment. When it was finished the second time nobody contacted me to let me know it was completed. I had to call again, many times. I then had to mail part of my tax information instead of having it sent digitally or mailed by them. I never heard back about my state until yesterday (5 months later) by a letter from the state saying it was being denied. I am not getting money back I was told I would and in return owe money I wasn't told I would. If my federal hadn't gone through I would have given as few stars as possible. I will not be returning.

Keli D'Andrea

They have done my taxes for several years. Never had an issue except one year I did and they took care of the cost and talked with the IRS. They have always explained my taxes to me. Very helpful.

Rebecca Menashe The Bronx, NY

The software is very user friendly. I was able to do the taxes on my own, yet I signed up for tax pro review and paid an extra 49.00 for someone to review them. It was through a message center and basically in a few messages he wrote all was fine and nothing changed. I saw that the tax was finalized and still not filed, yet I had a few more questions. I kept writing messages in the message center but never heard back from the tax pro, and am still waiting to get them cleared up before I file. It seems this tax pro review is very limited, impersonal, and we dont even really know who was actually writing the messages since it could have been anybody typing behind the profile. It didnt leave a confident feeling in me that anything was really reviewed or that I had genuine access to the person and I am still waiting for a response as of now.

Linda Clovis, CA

Easy. Fast. Lots of locations. They treated me with kindness. However I have now gone to an independent tax professional which seems more specialized. Depends on your needs and write offs.

Kenneth Porter Baldwin Park, CA

I've used the software and ive used the sotware where I input the information and when I'm ready I forward to a licensed tax preparer for review. Both ways are great because of the support thats offered.

marie tess Anaheim, CA

Best tax professionals in the industry. Takes your worries about tax preparation. They explain every step to you and the reason why such choice of filing status is taken. Very knowledgeable with personalized service.

Laura Robin Fayetteville, NC

I love working for H&R Block. I've been a Tax Pro, TT'S Coordinator, Marketing Coordinator, Admin Assistant , Office Manage and Branch Manager. I look forward to Tax season ever year.

Tonya Luker Memphis, TN

I've been using H&R Block for 33 years. Started out using their offices and later started using their online services. It's easy to use and if you run into a problem, they are there to help you. Never had any issues with the IRS using them.

peter harmatuk Poolesville, MD

I have been using H&R Black at home software for my taxes for at least 40 years as they merged with "managing your money", which was an older DOS program....I like their product interface as it takes me by the hand and walks me through the jungle of tax returns. I have NEVER detected an error in returns submitted using H&R Block at home

murfday College Station, TX

Great free option for taxes. I have been using H&R Block for at least 12 years. I appreciate that there is a free option-which I have used. For a reasonable fee, it can save your info from year to year. I just don’t mind putting it in again.

Jared Provo, UT

I used H&R Block to file my taxes one year (they did a free promotion). It was the best experience I've had filing taxes! Very simple user interface and very clear process. I don't think I would pay for it unless it were a good price, but that's more because of my spending habits than it is about their product.

Teri M. Logan, UT

I like that I can easily enter my info and H& R block will alert me with any potential problems. I have set up an account and my previous years are already there so I can compare between years. H& R Block usually sends me a discount each year as well for being a repeat customer. I haven't had to contact them for problems so I can't assess any customer service interaction. I can also easily have them prepare the state forms with just a few more questions. It has been an additional $37, but I like the ease it provides.

Phil Carriere Cambridge, IA

I have always gone to H&R Block because of their reliability and track record. The many different people that I have had as preparers have always been knowledgeable and considerate.. There has never been a problem with any of my returns and the preparers have always answered any questions I have ever had.

Randy Mckirgan Chicago, IL

I've used them almost all my working life all the way up until 2 years ago they missed my taxes up so bad I had to travel from Michigan to Georgia two or three different times all because of an error on their part something that shouldn't have even happened almost cause me to miss the tax deadline along with penalty fees and everything so I decided not to use them anymore

Alexandra St. Amant Loganville, GA

I used their online tax services and have gone into the office for assistance and they are always helpful. The online system is easy to use for even the most tax challenged individuals. And the email and app notifications kept me posted on the status of my returns so I didn’t have to contact them for updates.

Reese Pleasant Grove, UT

I have used H&R Block many times for my taxes and the people are very knowledgable and very helpful. They make doing my taxes easy and ask the right questions and will help me with any questions that I have. The price is right and they will also make sure that they are correct.

Ashley Pleasant Grove, UT

We used to live overseas for part of the year and the taxes got a little overwhelming. We have always put our trust in H&R Block. They stand by their service if you are ever audited! It is worth your time to let the professionals handle your taxes and definitely worth the money!

Lesa Burgess Pleasant Grove, UT

H&R Block is easy to use when to comes to getting your taxes done. The software is easy to install. It was easy to import data from other spread sheets to the software. I had a couple issues that needed to fixed, so I had the customer service. In doing so, it fixed the problem that I had, which was just a minor numbers issue. I'm glad I was able to talk to someone because I felt like they maximized my refund. I recommend this product!

Anne Kimball Salt Lake City, UT

I use H&R Block currently and it's the most user-friendly tax software I've used to date. As someone is knows very little about taxes, they do a great job of explaining and spelling out exactly what everything means. It's been so nice because I feel like they are my personal tax tutor.

Lauren Godfrey Minneapolis, MN

Unprofessional, slow, and apathetic. I ended up having to get my documents back so that I could finish my taxes after having submitted everything to them early February. I will never recommend or use H&R Block again

AMOS Hodge San Antonio, TX

I’m very impressed with H&R Block Soft where for tax preparation are use their products online it is easy to access

North Florida Wildliife Center Tallahassee, FL

Loved my experience with H&R block. Being able to sit in front of a person while they do my taxes is comforting

Chad Edgar Wentzville, MO

I love H&R Block I use them every year they're so quick and always accurate with the calculations of the numbers of my taxes very very professional customer service

Brittany Taylor Benton, AR

H&R Block is so easy to use. I used to go in and let someone help me with my taxes, but now I use H&R Block online to file. So easy!!!

Kurt Didenhover Salt Lake City, UT

H&R Block online tax software is helpful and easy to use. I have used them for the past few years and they always have the easiest interface to work with.

anna blaser St Louis, MO

H&R Block is a really good thing to use if you’re just trying to do simple tax returns. If things get too complex, the agents aren’t really sure what to do.

Carolyn Hazleton, PA

Very dependable and reliable company to use. Any issues or concerns were taken care of with highest regards to customers needs.

M. Nielsen South Bend, IN

I have used the online tax preparation tool for my moms taxes every year for the past 4 years, it very easy and guides you every step of the way.

Karen Torino Tallahassee, FL

H&R Block is great for helping you file your taxes. It is easy to start off on your own and reach out for help if you need it. Great service

Anna Brown Lubbock, TX

I finished my taxes & paid online. Next was schedule my payment. Texas was granted two extra months until 6/15/2021. HR Block has not updated program to reflect that nor put any notice they intend to. I spent all afternoon trying every option available including wait 50 minutes which I was happy to do only to be told she didn’t understand anything I was saying. Lived in Ft Worth Tx. Asked to be transferred which she nicely did ....to a recording that said we’re closed. I can’t start over with a company that has updated software. Block has my money. Bad experience and although I chose May to pay my taxes I can’t. Called local office. She wasn’t aware of extension either so she called her regional manager who advised I wait until 4/15/2021 and then the extended dates would appear. Really?? Find another company if you are in Texas and need to schedule a payment past 4/15/21.

SAZ Hutchinson, MN

I used the free to Veterans Premier Tax program. The federal taxes worked well but the Minnesota State tax program was flawed. Military pensions are not taxable in MN. The program did not allow for a deduction of the pension amounts. I chose the online chat option to address this issue and after an input of questions the individual on the other end shut off the chat. I tried again and the next individual had no clue about the problem and wanted me to pay extra money for tax advice. I declined and she gave 2 phone numbers to call. After 40 min on hold the next person had no idea what I was talking about and shifted me off to someone else. After another hold of 50 min the second person put me on hold to check into the situation and said it was a problem with the website that had facilitated the Free to Veterans program. This was ridiculous because it is the H & R Block Premium product. I told her there was a previously reported bug in the MN tax program and wanted to alert the creators so that a work around could be done and I could accurately complete my taxes. She argued with me and told me she was going to connect me with someone else. This was going to be another 50 min hold and I decided it wasn't worth it and hung up. So after spending over 3 hours trying to get a resolution I deleted my MN return and filed my Federal return. In a previous year I purchased and downloaded a tax program from them and needed to call for assistance. Their telephone helpline kept sending me around in a circle and finally kicking me out. Their customer service support lines are unhelpful and frustrating. Their product is not quality controlled. I will not be using their services again.

Gonzalez Carmichael, CA

The office I went to was very helpful. My agent was super nice and helpful. She explain it all with detail, she answered all my questions. Overall service was great but the price for simple form ouch! Its free online? Its good if you're new and have questions or have a large form.

Alireza Ousati Ashtiani Madison, WI

absolute garbage service, avoid them at any cost! I was assigned a so called tax pro from Florida, to do my tax, and I reside in Wisconsin! go figure. The so called tax pro, Richard E, was a rude and ill-informed tax prep. person. Then after he could not do his job, I asked to be re-assigned to someone else. then horror story just began. long story short, I spend 5-6 hours on the phone throughout a span of a week, talking to people from all over the globe, and my issue was not resolved. I finally gave up. I will never do tax return with them, and will not recommend anyone do, avoid them at ANY COST!

Gerralynn loder Mays Landing, NJ

I will NEVER again go to H&R block, they claim to have up front pricing but they definitely don't!. I was told I would be charged anything from my tax professional due to the fact that I have no dependents and nothing to claim. After my taxes were deposited they took over 150 of my 300 dollars return I called them on feburary 3rd they admitted that I wasn't informed of the price and they would reimburse me the money they took well that STILL hasn't happened. Everytime I call they tell me my case is resolved when it most definitely isn't since I haven't gotten my reimbursement! No matter who I call they tell me they will have someone contact me BUT NO ONE DOES ! IVE BEEN A CLIENT FOR OVER 5 YEARS I WILL NEVER STEP FOOT INTO AN H&R BLOCK OFFICE AGAIN! It's really sad that they made the mistake but they dont care my case just keeps getting ignored

Victoria Brooklyn, NY

H&R Block is not what they advertise to be. I had used them for 4 years in a row and all seemed to be fine. Then all of the sudden I received an audit by the IRS for 2014 & 2015 telling me I owed them $60k +. I figured okay, I purchased the peace of mind so I can just call them and /or go to their office and they should provide me with the professional and legal assistance I would need to go through the audit. Guess what, they never ever bother to respond to my calls. Then when I went to their offices and spoke to a higher up, a woman told me that she would get back to me with help. I went there 3 times and not a single time did they ever provide any assistance with the audit. So I hired a tax attorney and spent $30k and missed a court date while waiting around for H&R Block to get back to me. End result I learned that their accountants are not up to date on their tax laws at all. They messed up my itemizations completely costing me back taxes, penalties and interest. Not one time did offer to help nor reimburse me for my legal expenses. H&R Block is a fraud! They do not honor their work nor their peace of minds at all. And they charged me $2000 each year for my tax return preparation. Go to someone reputable not these deceptive people.