Tax Defense Network

Call Now Visit Site

Tax Defense Network verified Companies can verify their Best Company profile through contacting us. Once a company profile has been claimed and verified by Best Company, we work with the company to ensure the information on our site is as accurate as possible.

Tax Defense Network was founded in 1997 and comes highly recommended with a full range of services. Tax Defense Network employs many professionals, including enrolled agents, tax attorneys, CPAs, and tax analysts. With the combination of professionals, a large selection of services available nationwide, and no minimum debt requirement, Tax Defense Network is able to help a broad range of customers and has a 96 percent client satisfaction rating. Through the Tax Defense Network, taxpayers can receive the relief they need from a variety of IRS and state tax penalties. The Tax Defense Network will negotiate with the IRS on behalf of their clients and work out what is best for the taxpayer.

The Good

• Displays Pricing Online
  • Services
  • Comprehensive Availabilty

Displays Pricing Online

Tax Defense is the only tax relief company we have reviewed that displays average prices on its website. We are impressed with this degree of transparency, given that in the industry prices are usually not available until customers have called and given information about their situation. According to the company's website, average fees range from $2,500 to $3,000. Customers will appreciate not having to call for a quote and possibly be pressured into services without researching other options; this gives customers the opportunity to research and find the best company that suits their needs as quick and efficient as possible. This transparency also gives more credibility to Tax Defense Network and shows that the company isn't trying to hide costs from customers.

Services

Tax Defense Network offers an impressive selection of service options. Their full service approach allows customers with all types of tax needs to utilize Tax Defense Network's services. Basic services include help with tax liens, wage garnishment, back taxes, and IRS appeals, but they also offer rare services such as innocent spouse relief, bank levy, and tax audit help. The team of dedicated enrolled agents, tax attorneys CPAs, and tax analysts has acquired an impressive reputation, judging by numerous customer comments. There is also no minimum tax debt requirement; oftentimes tax relief companies will require a minimum amount of debt before a customer can qualify for assistance. This makes Tax Defense Network's services available to people of all income brackets.

Comprehensive Availability

Tax Defense Network is available in all 50 states. This makes Tax Defense Network available to a wide variety of customers.

The Bad

• Refund
  • Negative Reviews
  • Accredidations

Refund

Tax Defense Fund does offer a money-back guarantee for three days. Most other tax debt relief companies offer a longer refund window. Some competitors offer refund windows that range anywhere from 15 to 180 days; however, some tax relief companies do not offer a money-back guarantee. So while it is great that Tax Defense Network offers a money-back guarantee, we would like to see a more extended time frame.

Negative Reviews

One recurring complaint is that the company can be hard to get a hold of when dealing with problems or complications. Some customers had trouble speaking directly to an agent or attorney. This can be a major issue for some customers who have questions or concerns with their accounts. Also, some customers complained that the price was high for the services rendered.

Accreditations

While Tax Defense Network has some of the accreditations we look for, they do not have all of the accreditations we would like to see. Accreditations hold companies to a certain standard and often require audits to ensure that the companies are upholding these standards. Accreditations can help customers in the researching process to narrow down which companies would be best to work with.

The Bottom Line

Tax Defense Network has a great reputation for offering a wide range of services. Tax Defense Network does not require a minimum debt requirement and is available in all 50 states which makes its services available to anyone who is in need of tax debt relief. While we would like to see more industry accreditations and an extended refund policy, customer reviews are overall positive. We can recommend working with Tax Defense Network.

Call our recommended rep over at Tax Defense Network below.

131 Tax Defense Network Reviews

1. Select Your Rating:

2. Subject For This Review * (Select all that apply)

0 characters

3. Review Validation*

Best Company

Thanks for submitting your review!

Best Company

Thanks for submitting your review!

Next Step: Verify your email

We have sent a verification email to the following email address:

June 23rd, 2017

TDN charged me over $8,000, for the WORST service I've ever experienced! The first person told me a few days before Christmas to "... liquidate my 401k and pay the taxes, have a Merry Christmas...." When I explained that I received a monthly income from that account, she shifted me to a 'supervisor', then gave me to Mr. B. He wound up getting me into an unsustainable payment plan for NYS, taking a third of money needed for rent, and caused me to have to overdraw my 401k just to pay rent & utilities. He NEVER addressed the IRS issue, and made it sound like the world would end if I didn't sign off on the payment plan for NYS. I eventually wanted a refund. I was offered $2,500, which came with a caveat that I sign an agreement not to speak ill of the company. I refused, and I NEVER got the refund. I complained to the BBB and I still haven't had any resolution, and the payment plan nearly bankrupted me.

May 1st, 2017 Sylacauga, AL

I decided to get help from Tax Defense Network because I was in trouble with the IRS. In my opinion, they were excellent! They helped me save money, so I’d definitely do it again if I have to.

May 1st, 2017 Fort Wayne, IN

As far as I’ve been with the company, I’ve felt very pleased with them. I’m still in the process of dealing with them, so I’m not sure if I’ll be saving money yet, but I feel okay and confident. They know what to do, so I’m in good hands. I’ve called them randomly throughout the day, and they've always took the time to talk to me or get back to me within a short time.

May 1st, 2017 Reed City, MI

My overall experience with them has been very good. I’m very satisfied with the service, mostly because the consultants were knowledgeable and know what they were doing.

May 1st, 2017 Severn, MD

They weren’t pretty clear about the time it would take to solve this once it was in the IRS’s hands. I didn’t hear from them for about 65 days. The consultant, however, was great. She offered a very good customer service, and she was very friendly and presentable. Overall, it was a very positive experience.

May 1st, 2017 Aurora, IL

I was definitely satisfied with the updates they provided. I saved quite some money, so I’m happy with their service. Always satisfied with them.

May 1st, 2017 Mt Vernon, ME

Honestly the actual person that we talked to didn't seem knowledgeable at all, but she was always went somewhere to get the answer that we needed. Whoever she spoke with was knowledgeable, but the actual person that we talked to was not. Unfortunately, they never kept us updated; I had to keep calling. Our monthly bill was the same, they just allowed us to make smaller payments. I thought it was too expensive, but I'm glad we did it because I don't know how we would have paid it otherwise. They did what they said they were going to do, I just wish it hadn’t been so expensive.

May 1st, 2017 Madison, GA

They're good, very helpful and very pleasant. I was satisfied with the updates they gave me. I’m just really happy with how personable it was.

May 1st, 2017 Alexandria, VA

It was a pleasant experience. I felt very comfortable with them because they kept me informed of everything that was going on. Whenever I called, someone either picked up or they’d call me back, so it was a good experience. Although I’m not certain if we saved me money or not, everything has been going according to the plan. There hasn’t been any issues with them; all I can say is I appreciate their help.

May 1st, 2017 Lockport, IL

We had use them in the past, and they’ve been very thorough and professional. They kept me updated the entire time, and I saved money in the long run. I’m just very happy with them.

May 1st, 2017 Glendale, AZ

I do background checks, and Tax Defense Network came up as a very honest and trustworthy company. There are too many scammers out there, however I think I made the right decision. This is a legitimate company. I'm not sure if I saved money or not, but I'm extremely happy with my eventual resolution with the IRS. They’re very hard to deal with, and I knew when I was over my head when I tried to deal with them myself. Besides, their consultants did an excellent job, and I was very happy with the outcome.

May 1st, 2017 Morganton, NC

The debt consultant was terrible. They didn't keep updated and they didn't make any progress. All I did was lose money; it’s the worst mistake I ever made.

May 1st, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

When I had an issue, they were right on it, and got back to me in a timely manner. They did a great job, however, it cost more to get their representation than it would have if I would’ve done it by myself.

May 1st, 2017 Silver Springs, NV

I’m very satisfied with their service. I really don’t know if I saved money or not, but they sure did take the IRS off my back! They seemed really good about working with the payments, and I really appreciate that.

May 1st, 2017 Strasburg, CO

The IRS kept telling us we owed more money than we thought we did, so my wife started dealing with the Tax Defense Network. They were very helpful, and we were satisfied with the way they kept us well informed. Overall, I think it was a smart decision.

May 1st, 2017 Las Vegas, NV

I had a tax debt that had to be settled, so I went with Tax Defense Network. I was well informed during the whole process, but it wasn’t what I expected. They stopped the debt from being collectible, but didn’t reduce it as much. I still have to pay it.

May 1st, 2017 Lawrenceville, GA

Although I didn’t save any money, they did keep me updated throughout the whole process. Their consultants were good, but now I know I’ll do things differently next time.

May 1st, 2017 Clarksville, TN

We weren't very satisfied. They kept us updated, but did not do what they said they would. We had a lien on our house, and were told that within a few weeks of signing the term, it would be removed. That was last year, and it’s still there. I don’t feel like we saved money at all. In fact, I feel like we could have done it ourselves.

May 1st, 2017 Roswell, GA

All of the debt consultants were exceptionally professional, and kept me in a loop with everything that they were doing. I ended up getting a couple thousand dollars, as result of their works. They did great things for my case. At this point, I feel very good. The case is closed, and the ruling was in my favor.

May 1st, 2017 Lenexa, KS

I wasn’t sure if I should go with them or not, but after speaking to their consultant, I changed my mind. They were very good, and I liked that they had experience in the tax business. Definitely a very positive experience.