Tax Defense Network verified Companies can verify their Best Company profile through contacting us. Once a company profile has been claimed and verified by Best Company, we work with the company to ensure the information on our site is as accurate as possible.

9.8

Call Now

TDN special offer

Tax Defense Network was founded in 1997 and comes highly recommended with a full range of services. The company employs many professionals, including enrolled agents, tax attorneys, CPAs, and tax analysts. With the combination of professionals, a large selection of services available nationwide, and no minimum debt requirement, TDN is able to help a broad range of customers and has a high client satisfaction rating. The Tax Defense Network will negotiate with the IRS on behalf of its clients and work out what is best for the taxpayer. Taxpayers can receive the relief they need from a variety of IRS and state tax penalties.

The Good

• Pricing Displayed Online
  • Variety of Services
  • Available Nationwide

Pricing Displayed Online

Tax Defense Network is the only tax relief company that displays average prices on its website. The company is transparent compared with competitors, given that in the industry prices are usually not available until customers have called and given information about their situation. According to the company's website, average fees range from $2,500 to $3,000. Customers will appreciate not having to call for a quote and possibly being pressured into services without researching other options; this gives customers the opportunity to research and find the best company that suits their needs as quickly and efficiently as possible. This transparency also gives more credibility to TDN and shows that the company isn't trying to hide costs from customers.

Variety of Services

TDN offers an impressive selection of service options. The company's full service approach allows customers with a variety of tax needs to utilize its services. Basic services include help with tax liens, wage garnishment, back taxes, and IRS appeals, but the company also offers rare services such as innocent spouse relief, bank levy, and tax audit help. The team of dedicated enrolled agents, tax attorneys, CPAs, and tax analysts has acquired an impressive reputation, judging by numerous customer comments. There is also no minimum tax debt requirement; oftentimes tax relief companies will require a minimum amount of debt before a customer can qualify for assistance. This makes Tax Defense Network's services available to people of all income brackets.

Available Nationwide

TDN is available in all 50 states. This makes the company available to a wide variety of customers.

The Bad

• Short Refund Period
  • Negative Reviews
  • Missing Accreditations

Short Refund Period

TDN does offer a money-back guarantee for three days. Most other tax debt relief companies offer a longer refund window. Some competitors offer refund windows that range anywhere from 15 to 180 days; however, some tax relief companies do not offer a money-back guarantee.

Negative Reviews

One recurring complaint is that the company can be hard to get a hold of when dealing with problems or complications. Some customers had trouble speaking directly to an agent or attorney. This can be a major issue for customers who have questions or concerns with their accounts. Also, some customers complained that the price was high for the services rendered.

Missing Accreditations

While Tax Defense Network has some industry accreditations, it does not have all of the accreditations available in the industry. Accreditations hold companies to a certain standard and often require audits to ensure that the companies are upholding these standards. Accreditations can help customers in the researching process.

The Bottom Line

Tax Defense Network has a great reputation for offering a wide range of services. The company does not have a minimum debt requirement and is available in all 50 states, which makes its services available to anyone who is in need of tax debt relief. While we would like to see more industry accreditations and an extended refund policy, customer reviews are positive overall. We recommend working with Tax Defense Network.

Call our recommended rep over at Tax Defense Network below.

November 21st, 2017 Anderson, SC DETAILS

They were willing to help when other companies were not.

November 21st, 2017 Dade City, FL DETAILS

Was told I would receive a call at 5:30 pm. Left work early to receive the call in private. Call never came.

November 21st, 2017 Midland, GA DETAILS

from the moment I called it was very easy and a much needed relief

November 13th, 2017 Livonia, MI DETAILS

My issues have been taken care of in a timely matter. My case was handled to my satisfaction.

November 10th, 2017 Terre Haute, IN DETAILS

I ran into financial issues due to previous year of taxes not being reported correctly. I reached out to Tax Defense and was told on the front end that my situation with my debt and heal issues would be a good case to get the $7,000 tax reduced or absolved. Of course their fees were approximately $2,600 which was my entire savings. I could have used this to settle with the IRS. They told me that by absolving my debt would cost this and that would be all that I am looking at financially. 7 months later and several attempts at getting this resolved, all they could do is set up payments that really cut into my budget of $145.00 and now the balance I owe to the IRS is $13,147.54! They claim to have all this success and great rating. Their customer service is good but how could they not help me, a single woman who supports herself and OBVIOUSLY has no money to pay the IRS. I feel I was totally deceived and there is nothing I can do now that they took my money upfront. My suggestion, is get a CPA to work with the IRS or some other company.

October 31st, 2017 Contoocook, NH DETAILS

I am currently involved with the Tax Defense Network and so far they have been amazing. My questions are answered promptly and the appropriate paperwork completed and filed on time. I don't know what the outcome will be but I feel very confident that it will all work out. Maximillian, the Attorney assigned to my case is an amazing individual, he truly has my back.

October 30th, 2017 Mukilteo, WA

My Associate said he did not want to charge for something he couldn't garantee. I appreciate the honesty

October 9th, 2017 Miami, FL

Customer service was excellent and always prompt

September 30th, 2017

Don't get fooled by TDN! Our odyssey with TDN began when we received a notice from the IRS for failure to respond to an audit. The audit was for 3 years and somehow we owed 75k+ even though we had paid taxes. We explained the circumstances of the issue and was told by TDN they could help us for $7500!! We were very concerned and naïve about the process and paid the fee upfront in two installments. This fee had to be paid in full before TDN would begin any services. Needless to say TDN sold us a bill of goods that did not hold up. There are too many bad things to list here but in the end we ended up owing the IRS the same amount for the years audited; had taxes filed late for the following year because TDN took over 1 year to complete and file the taxes; and then TDN refused to help us resolve with the IRS unless we agreed pay more money to continue services. One really frustrating issue was that they frequently transferred our account to the "new" person in the office causing delays and significant time on the phone re-stating the issues and background to bring that "new" person up to speed. The only reason we give TDN a rating of "1" is because the first person who initially handled our account was an advocate unfortunately she left TDN because she was overworked and underpaid. Bottom line do not use TDN!!

September 18th, 2017 Washingtonville, NY

All reps were courteous and my concerns were addressed.

August 15th, 2017

I contacted these folks, 1st they made sure I knew that they only take on cliets that meet their criteria and our case may not apply. We owed $ 80,000 + due to closing a business and capital gains from that. The attourney we spoke with made his consultation to check out our case and then promised to contact us on a Saturday to go over his findings. He never got back to us. But my wife pusued the case with the IRS and on her own was able to get the Offer in Compromise we requested help from the TAX DEFENSE NETWORK. THEY FAILED TO HELP AND RESPOND BACK RESPONSIBLY, OUR DEBT WAS REDUCED TO $12,000 WITH NO HELP FROM THESE FOLKS i WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THEM TO MY ENEMIES!!!!

August 10th, 2017

It's great to have the privilege of having a professional team on your side.Tax Defense Network represented my case with IRS having un filed tax returns and time running out to file Amber Sorrento stepped in and came to the rescue i recommend anyone with tax problems to give them a try you won't be disappointed they are a wonderful group Tax Defense Network Thanks Again

August 5th, 2017 San Diego, CA

Robin M and her team were amazing in resolving my payment arrangement with IRS, ensuring that it was at a level that I could afford. I would definitely recommend their services for others. Great work

August 3rd, 2017 Spring, TX

Robin M was the BEST ! She is patient, and keep you updated on your case. I don't know what I would have done without her

August 2nd, 2017 North Las Vegas, NV

It cost me a lot of money to use their service, and now I feel let down. It wasn't the result I expected, but at least they kept me updated. I thought they were going to get my taxes and penalties lowered, but they didn't do it.

August 2nd, 2017 Fort Worth, TX

The more I talked to them, the more I was at ease with them. They communicated very often and kept me on the loop on everything. They took care of my taxes, so I can't ask for more than that.

August 2nd, 2017 Sylacauga, AL

I decided to get help from Tax Defense Network because I was in trouble with the IRS. In my opinion, they were excellent! They helped me save money, so I'd definitely do it again if I have to.

August 2nd, 2017 Fort Wayne, IN

As far as I've been with the company, I've felt very pleased with them. I'm still in the process of dealing with them, so I'm not sure if I'll be saving money yet, but I feel okay and confident. They know what to do, so I'm in good hands. I've called them randomly throughout the day, and they've always took the time to talk to me or get back to me within a short time.

August 2nd, 2017 Reed City, MI

My overall experience with them has been very good. I'm very satisfied with the service, mostly because the consultants were knowledgeable and know what they were doing.

August 2nd, 2017 Severn, MD 21144

They weren't pretty clear about the time it would take to solve this once it was in the IRS's hands. I didn't hear from them for about 65 days. The consultant, however, was great. She offered a very good customer service, and she was very friendly and presentable. Overall, it was a very positive experience.

August 2nd, 2017 Aurora, IL

I was definitely satisfied with the updates they provided. I saved quite some money, so I'm happy with their service. Always satisfied with them.

August 2nd, 2017 Mt Vernon, ME

Honestly the actual person that we talked to didn't seem knowledgeable at all, but she was always went somewhere to get the answer that we needed. Whoever she spoke with was knowledgeable, but the actual person that we talked to was not. Unfortunately, they never kept us updated; I had to keep calling. Our monthly bill was the same, they just allowed us to make smaller payments. I thought it was too expensive, but I'm glad we did it because I don't know how we would have paid it otherwise. They did what they said they were going to do, I just wish it hadn't been so expensive.

August 2nd, 2017 Madison, GA

They're good, very helpful and very pleasant. I was satisfied with the updates they gave me. I'm just really happy with how personable it was.

August 2nd, 2017 Alexandria, VA

It was a pleasant experience. I felt very comfortable with them because they kept me informed of everything that was going on. Whenever I called, someone either picked up or they'd call me back, so it was a good experience. Although I'm not certain if we saved me money or not, everything has been going according to the plan. There hasn't been any issues with them; all I can say is I appreciate their help.

August 2nd, 2017 Lockport, IL

We had use them in the past, and they've been very thorough and professional. They kept me updated the entire time, and I saved money in the long run. I'm just very happy with them.

August 2nd, 2017 Glendale, AZ

I do background checks, and Tax Defense Network came up as a very honest and trustworthy company. There are too many scammers out there, however I think I made the right decision. This is a legitimate company. I'm not sure if I saved money or not, but I'm extremely happy with my eventual resolution with the IRS. They're very hard to deal with, and I knew when I was over my head when I tried to deal with them myself. Besides, their consultants did an excellent job, and I was very happy with the outcome.

August 2nd, 2017 Morganton, NC

The debt consultant was terrible. They didn't keep updated and they didn't make any progress. All I did was lose money; it's the worst mistake I ever made.

August 2nd, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

When I had an issue, they were right on it, and got back to me in a timely manner. They did a great job, however, it cost more to get their representation than it would have if I would've done it by myself.

August 2nd, 2017 Silver Springs, NV

I'm very satisfied with their service. I really don't know if I saved money or not, but they sure did take the IRS off my back! They seemed really good about working with the payments, and I really appreciate that.

August 2nd, 2017 Las Vegas, NV

I had a tax debt that had to be settled, so I went with Tax Defense Network. I was well informed during the whole process, but it wasn't what I expected. They stopped the debt from being collectible, but didn't reduce it as much. I still have to pay it.

August 2nd, 2017 Lawrenceville, GA

Although I didn't save any money, they did keep me updated throughout the whole process. Their consultants were good, but now I know I'll do things differently next time.

August 2nd, 2017 Clarksville, TN

We weren't very satisfied. They kept us updated, but did not do what they said they would. We had a lien on our house, and were told that within a few weeks of signing the term, it would be removed. That was last year, and it's still there. I don't feel like we saved money at all. In fact, I feel like we could have done it ourselves.

August 2nd, 2017 Lenexa, KS

I wasn't sure if I should go with them or not, but after speaking to their consultant, I changed my mind. They were very good, and I liked that they had experience in the tax business. Definitely a very positive experience.

August 2nd, 2017 Damascus, OR

Their consultants have been very helpful. I don't know if I'll be saving money just yet, but I think it was a good decision.

August 2nd, 2017 El Paso, TX

They've done an excellent job. Every time they heard from the IRS, they would let me know. I was very happy with their support, I'll recommend them to anybody that needs help.

August 2nd, 2017 Jacksonville, FL

I'm very happy with Tax Defense Network. They helped me save money, and handled my case properly. It was a satisfactory experience.

August 2nd, 2017 Anchorage, AK

In my own words, they helped me, enormously. The truth is that I had not filed for a few years, and had to get that situation taking care of. The only difficulties I had was that I couldn't get the paperwork signed quickly because I don't have a printer nor a computer. Although I was nervous at first, it was well worth it. They were a big savings, both in terms of their rate and getting my debt with the IRS reduced to as low as possible. They also kept me in the loop at all times, and checking regularly, regardless of what specifically had been accomplished.

August 2nd, 2017 Seymour, TN

As a self-employed Truck Driver, I needed to learn how to do my taxes. Although their consultant was very good, I wasn't able to save some money. It has been a positive experience, however, I would like to talk to them a little more.

August 2nd, 2017 NA

Nobody referred me to them, I actually found them online. After seeing how they responded and how good their customer support was, I decided to work with them. They helped me save money and I'm very satisfied with the experience. I think their customer support is exceptional.

August 2nd, 2017 Camden, SC

I think they did okay, but I really didn't feel pleased about the result of it. I expected them to help me out a little more.