U-Haul specializes in providing moving and storage resources to families and individuals across the country. Its storage units are priced affordably, payments are accepted online, and they have 24-hour gate access. U-Haul is a great storage unit option due to its low pricing and easy access across the United States.

Extra Space Storage chevron_right
Public Storage chevron_right
3.9

The Good

• Average Prices
  • 24 hour Gate Access
  • Climate Control Available

Average Prices

U-Haul offers storage units at affordable prices. For example, a 10x10 ground level drive-up storage unit is going to cost roughly $90 per month (this can vary slightly depending on location). These prices are low compared to the rest of the storage unit industry. Most U-Haul locations offer its customers with the first-month storage for free, coupled with one-way equipment rentals. No deposit is required, and all payments are made online. Other than the standard dry and clean storage units, additional features that can be purchased includes climate control.

24-Hour Gate Access

While standard front-office hours do exist (for example, from 7am to 7pm - depending on location) U-Haul storage units are available for user access 24/7, including weekends and holidays. Locks are also available for purchase, along with other moving supplies including boxes, tape, and padding. Another benefit of going with U-Haul is your direct access to a wide variety of moving trucks and other equipment.

Climate Control Available

U-Haul provides customers with the option to store their belongings in climate controlled units. This is a valuable amenity, especially for customers who are concerned with leaving their belongings in a unit exposed to extreme changes in temperature or humidity.

The Bad

• Only 5 Unit Size Options Available
  • Level of Security Depends on Location
  • No Unit Upkeep
  • Reimbursement Undisclosed

Only Five Unit Size Options Available

U-Haul only offers 5 unit sizes. This is a relatively average amount compared to other competing storage unit companies. The sizes and their descriptions are as follows:

• 5' x 5' Storage Unit: Designed for those using a trailer (example trailer size 4' x 8') or those looking to store seasonal items.
  • 5' x 10' Storage Unit: Designed for those using a 10' moving truck and are looking to store roughly 1 bedrooms worth of items.
  • 10' x 10' Storage Unit: Designed for roughly 2 bedrooms worth of space, taking up roughly a 17' moving truck.
  • 10' x 15' Storage Unit: Designed for those using a 20' moving truck and roughly 3 bedrooms worth of items.
  • 10' x 20' Storage Unit: Designed for those using a 26' moving truck and up to 4 bedrooms worth of items.

Level of Security Depends on Location

The level of security offered can vary depending on location. Most units typically offer both electronic gates and individually alarmed rooms. Comparing to other competing storage unit companies who may offer video surveillance, individual door alarms, security patrol, etc. this can be less than is desired. Before choosing a storage unit from U-Haul, it would be best to confirm with a representative of the location you're researching to confirm what security options are available.

No Unit Upkeep

Depending on your location, unit upkeep can be a factor. This can vary based on a number of factors, including the age of the unit, the climate the unit is in, etc. While online pictures are a good starting point to seeing what a storage unit has to offer as far as upkeep is concerned, it's strongly recommended to see a storage unit in-person before making any financial commitments.

Reimbursement Undisclosed

Unfortunately, we were unable to confirm any details surrounding potential reimbursement plans.

The Bottom Line

U-Haul is a well-known brand that specializes in providing moving and storage resources across the country. Its storage units are well priced, payments are accepted online, and they offer 24-hour gate access. U-Haul provides solid storage units due primarily to its affordable pricing and easy access throughout the United States.

Jacob

January 7th, 2020 American Fork, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

UHaul makes moving so easy. With great deals on storage units and rental trucks, you dont have to worry about your stuff. Not a bad price either.

Michelle W

December 16th, 2019 Coraopolis, PA

U-Haul does more than rent trucks!!! Their storage units are wonderful and easy to access at any time. I'm glad I decided to store all of my holiday decorations there since I don't have an attic at my house. Easy to switch out bins every few months.

Amanda

December 10th, 2019 Warrendale, PA

U-Haul has reasonable prices and I always know my stuff is secure and safe in their units.

Roman Christiansen

December 4th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

U-Haul storage units are very safe and secure and I never worry about my belongings when they are with U-Haul!

Tom Gourley

December 2nd, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We used U-Haul storage and were happy with the service we received. The unit was very secure and the area was kept clean. The pricing was fair and we didn't experience any "surprise" price increases while we used them.

Nicole Cinquino

November 15th, 2019 Miami, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very helpful when moving or transporting large amounts of stuff like to college!! Affordable rates

Emma

November 15th, 2019 Hialeah, FL

Great company who always has nice, well maintained hauls available and at a good price.

ave

October 9th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is a great place to store you items if you need to when you are in between places. Their units are clean and spacious. Also the people are super nice! They have great customer service and are very professional. We also used them to move and the truck was big enough and awesome!

Don Boren

October 9th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Nice storage units. Clean and dry. The locks they offered weren't as nice as other companies.

Sarah Watters

October 8th, 2019 Quinlan, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Although their storage units are conveniently located, the customer service has always been sub-par.

Rushie Gregory

October 4th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We used U-Haul when we moved and we were pleased with the experience. Good prices and good, friendly customer service.

Ted Johnson

September 23rd, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

U-Haul storage units are very convenient and easy to get in and out of. They have many sizes to choose from and it is secure and safe and protected from any harm.

Campbell Blair

September 16th, 2019 Phoenix, AZ

U-Haul is obviously the best company to use. I have really enjoyed using them for moving, great prices and easy to haul things. The storage is great for those who are looking to store something.

kristin Gneiting

September 9th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

U-Haul is the best storage company out there. They have convenient locations that provide sizes for every budget and every need. They are easy to get into and out of and once the items are stored, they are safe and protected. I also have accessto all of the other support U-hauls has to offer.

Mazi Marcel Womack

July 23rd, 2019 Cedar City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My family will always rent a U-Haul storage when we need it. We have never been disappointed with their service.

Rylie Crandall

June 27th, 2019 Draper, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My family and I love using U-Haul storage units because it's easy and we've been going to them for years.

Tracy Hill

June 24th, 2019 Draper, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My family and I purchased a storage unit from this company and didn't have any problems. I'm very happy with our purchase.

Jason

June 24th, 2019 Draper, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I like using the U-Haul storage units because the customer service is always helpful and the facilities are alway clean.

Nicholas

June 17th, 2019 Lake Villa, IL

The U-Haul storage units are very roomy with plenty of lighting for your storage needs.

Anna Lower

June 17th, 2019 Saint George, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Good price ranges, can be used for a lot of different uses. The only thing I don’t like is the age restriction

Haley Baldwin

June 17th, 2019

We moved from California to Utah and we used U-Haul services. They were very affordable and got the job done. I would use them again.

Ken Francis

June 12th, 2019 Provo, UT

Uhaul rocks. The units are nice and easy to rent. i appreciate the spacious sizes and the useful features of the units. You can usually get them on short notice.

Sarah

June 10th, 2019 Kaysville, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Last time we got a U-haul it was nice to just be able to rent and use it on our own but it wasn’t super nice and it was kind of messy. We payed for it so I feel like they should at least clean it.

Jacob Shaner

June 10th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My family used U-Haul storage units while we were moving houses. They had good rates for the month time line that we used. We had good access and no concerns.

Marissa

June 7th, 2019 Redwood Falls, MN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I like Uhaul--although I live in a small town and often they don't have the size trailers that I need, but that's not really Uhaul's fault. They are a good company and I've never had a problem with their services.

E S

June 7th, 2019 Meridian, ID DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We have used U-Haul when we have moved. Both their trucks and their storage unit. We are grateful that they are available. Representatives are helpful and hours are generally good.

Beth Farmer

June 4th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My husband and I had to rent a storage unit for a while when we were in college. I'm not sure how we had that much stuff. It was probably more of a lack of space in our apartment at the time, but that's not really the point. I liked how U-Haul had a lot of different unit sizes so we didn't have to rent more space than we needed. This made it very affordable for us poor newlyweds. If I had to use a storage rental facility again in the future I would definitely check out U-Haul again.

Reese

May 15th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have used U-Haul Storage Units as part of a move. I have had to store things for a short period of time and U-Haul Storage Units have all sizes and I can get them as long as I need to and I have access all the time. They are protected from everything and it worked out for me. I thought they were very economical as well.

Jeremy

May 14th, 2019 Mesa, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The best service there is and they are really helpful in getting you set up for what you need.

Ashley

May 14th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We rented a storage unit through U-Haul because we trusted the name. We have not been disappointed. It is very clean and easy to contact customer service which was very important to us. They spray for bugs as well so there are no surprises when we get out our Christmas decorations every year.

PPennington

February 19th, 2019 Atlanta, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I've been storing with U-haul/Your Extra Attic for 5 years. The managers are very polite and easy to talk to. Someone is always there if you have a problem. The rates are reasonable, and they give incentives for referring customers. The one in East Cobb County, Marietta, Ga is the best!

S Suguturaga

February 13th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Though it is a well known and established company it continues to provide excellent service.

Cristiana

February 12th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had to use U-haul a several times and I really recommend. Easy, fast and effective. Customer service also is great.

Erikka N

February 11th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We have had a good experience through uhaul. The reservation was easy to make. When we went to pick up the truck it was ready to go and there were no issues with the rental. When we have used it to store our belongings between moving it has worked very well. The unit was clean and kept our things in good condition.

Brody B

February 7th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I fell like you overpay for the name. Nothing special from U-Haul storage units. I would say its better to shop around because I am confident you will find a better deal. The customer service was good but price was bad.

Dasha Directo

January 17th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

U-Haul is a trustworthy storage company that I've encountered many times. During moving, U-Haul was the easiest place to store my things because they also offer moving trucks.

Kymberlee Yack

January 17th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

we recently just moved into an apartment, and downsized from our house so we needed somewhere to store the stuff we couldnt use right now. Uhaul has been super great, their units are cheap to rent and more than big enough for all our stuff.

Shayla Hankins

January 16th, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Uhaul is the only place I go for storage units and moving trucks. Their trucks are easy to use and cheap to rent as are their storage units.

Savanna Caver

January 16th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

U-Haul is so reliable and such an amazing storage unit to have! They make everything really convenient!

Madalyn Johnson

January 16th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

U-Haul always provides quality storage units. I know that my stuff is safe in a U-Haul storage and it is affordable.

Hailey Nilson

January 16th, 2019 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Customer service was fanstastic! They’re easy to work with and we’re reasonably priced.

Jorden Laird

December 12th, 2018 Front Royal, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

U-haul is great one stop shopping for moving and storage. Units in my area are competitively priced and I've been able to get a truck or trailer to move stuff from across the states or down the street. Units are clean and well maintained and there is always a security system in place.

Dee Farquharson

December 10th, 2018 Washington, DC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Service is very inexpensive, and has a lot of options (the truck rental isnt bad either). The units were climate controlled and clean. will use again.

Starski Cene

December 10th, 2018 Vienna, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My go to when I need to move! Pros: - Making a reservation online is super easy - Price is reasonable - Variety of truck size options Cons: - N/A - never have had an issue

Darius Williams

December 10th, 2018 Alexandria, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Rented a truck from Uhaul 2 weeks ago. the process of getting the truck was very easy and was apple to return the truck late at a 24 hour return

Cori Jacobsen Ollerton

December 7th, 2018 Alpine, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I worked at Uhaul for 5 years. They are willing and able to make your trip comfortable as well as financially manageable. Easy to schedule my reservation online as well.

Rischelle Mikkelson

December 7th, 2018 American Fork, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They have good security. The units come in lots of different sizes so you can get exactly what you need. Getting in and out of the storage unit is a little tight, but it works.

Linda Quach

December 5th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great prices and they are always accommodating. very easy to make an appt to book a truck and great locations

Matthew Carbaugh

December 5th, 2018 Herndon, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Helped my brother and sister move on 2 separate occasions this past year, both of which used U-Haul. Renting and returning the trucks both times went off without any problems, would recommend for people who need a truck for moving.

Mia Hernandez

December 5th, 2018 Tempe, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

great service and company would recommend and honestly use again the next time im looking to move