U-Haul specializes in providing moving and storage resources to families and individuals across the country. Its storage units are priced affordably, payments are accepted online, and they have 24-hour gate access. U-Haul is a great storage unit option due to its low pricing and easy access across the United States.

The Good

• Average Prices
  • 24 hour Gate Access
  • Climate Control Available

Average Prices

U-Haul offers storage units at affordable prices. For example, a 10x10 ground level drive-up storage unit is going to cost roughly $90 per month (this can vary slightly depending on location). These prices are low compared to the rest of the storage unit industry. Most U-Haul locations offer its customers with the first-month storage for free, coupled with one-way equipment rentals. No deposit is required, and all payments are made online. Other than the standard dry and clean storage units, additional features that can be purchased includes climate control.

24-Hour Gate Access

While standard front-office hours do exist (for example, from 7am to 7pm - depending on location) U-Haul storage units are available for user access 24/7, including weekends and holidays. Locks are also available for purchase, along with other moving supplies including boxes, tape, and padding. Another benefit of going with U-Haul is your direct access to a wide variety of moving trucks and other equipment.

Climate Control Available

U-Haul provides customers with the option to store their belongings in climate controlled units. This is a valuable amenity, especially for customers who are concerned with leaving their belongings in a unit exposed to extreme changes in temperature or humidity.

The Bad

• Only 5 Unit Size Options Available
  • Level of Security Depends on Location
  • No Unit Upkeep
  • Reimbursement Undisclosed

Only Five Unit Size Options Available

U-Haul only offers 5 unit sizes. This is a relatively average amount compared to other competing storage unit companies. The sizes and their descriptions are as follows:

• 5' x 5' Storage Unit: Designed for those using a trailer (example trailer size 4' x 8') or those looking to store seasonal items.
  • 5' x 10' Storage Unit: Designed for those using a 10' moving truck and are looking to store roughly 1 bedrooms worth of items.
  • 10' x 10' Storage Unit: Designed for roughly 2 bedrooms worth of space, taking up roughly a 17' moving truck.
  • 10' x 15' Storage Unit: Designed for those using a 20' moving truck and roughly 3 bedrooms worth of items.
  • 10' x 20' Storage Unit: Designed for those using a 26' moving truck and up to 4 bedrooms worth of items.

Level of Security Depends on Location

The level of security offered can vary depending on location. Most units typically offer both electronic gates and individually alarmed rooms. Comparing to other competing storage unit companies who may offer video surveillance, individual door alarms, security patrol, etc. this can be less than is desired. Before choosing a storage unit from U-Haul, it would be best to confirm with a representative of the location you're researching to confirm what security options are available.

No Unit Upkeep

Depending on your location, unit upkeep can be a factor. This can vary based on a number of factors, including the age of the unit, the climate the unit is in, etc. While online pictures are a good starting point to seeing what a storage unit has to offer as far as upkeep is concerned, it's strongly recommended to see a storage unit in-person before making any financial commitments.

Reimbursement Undisclosed

Unfortunately, we were unable to confirm any details surrounding potential reimbursement plans.

The Bottom Line

U-Haul is a well-known brand that specializes in providing moving and storage resources across the country. Its storage units are well priced, payments are accepted online, and they offer 24-hour gate access. U-Haul provides solid storage units due primarily to its affordable pricing and easy access throughout the United States.

Tracy Hill
June 24th, 2019 Draper, UT DETAILS

My family and I purchased a storage unit from this company and didn't have any problems. I'm very happy with our purchase.

Jason
June 24th, 2019 Draper, UT DETAILS

I like using the U-Haul storage units because the customer service is always helpful and the facilities are alway clean.

Nicholas
June 17th, 2019 Lake Villa, IL

The U-Haul storage units are very roomy with plenty of lighting for your storage needs.

Anna Lower
June 17th, 2019 Saint George, UT DETAILS

Good price ranges, can be used for a lot of different uses. The only thing I don’t like is the age restriction

Haley Baldwin
June 17th, 2019

We moved from California to Utah and we used U-Haul services. They were very affordable and got the job done. I would use them again.

Ken Francis
June 12th, 2019 Provo, UT

Uhaul rocks. The units are nice and easy to rent. i appreciate the spacious sizes and the useful features of the units. You can usually get them on short notice.

Sarah
June 10th, 2019 Kaysville, UT DETAILS

Last time we got a U-haul it was nice to just be able to rent and use it on our own but it wasn’t super nice and it was kind of messy. We payed for it so I feel like they should at least clean it.

Jacob Shaner
June 10th, 2019 DETAILS

My family used U-Haul storage units while we were moving houses. They had good rates for the month time line that we used. We had good access and no concerns.

Marissa
June 7th, 2019 Redwood Falls, MN DETAILS

I like Uhaul--although I live in a small town and often they don't have the size trailers that I need, but that's not really Uhaul's fault. They are a good company and I've never had a problem with their services.

E S
June 7th, 2019 Meridian, ID DETAILS

We have used U-Haul when we have moved. Both their trucks and their storage unit. We are grateful that they are available. Representatives are helpful and hours are generally good.

Beth Farmer
June 4th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

My husband and I had to rent a storage unit for a while when we were in college. I'm not sure how we had that much stuff. It was probably more of a lack of space in our apartment at the time, but that's not really the point. I liked how U-Haul had a lot of different unit sizes so we didn't have to rent more space than we needed. This made it very affordable for us poor newlyweds. If I had to use a storage rental facility again in the future I would definitely check out U-Haul again.

Reese
May 15th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I have used U-Haul Storage Units as part of a move. I have had to store things for a short period of time and U-Haul Storage Units have all sizes and I can get them as long as I need to and I have access all the time. They are protected from everything and it worked out for me. I thought they were very economical as well.

Jeremy
May 14th, 2019 Mesa, AZ DETAILS

The best service there is and they are really helpful in getting you set up for what you need.

Ashley
May 14th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

We rented a storage unit through U-Haul because we trusted the name. We have not been disappointed. It is very clean and easy to contact customer service which was very important to us. They spray for bugs as well so there are no surprises when we get out our Christmas decorations every year.

PPennington
February 19th, 2019 Atlanta, GA DETAILS

I've been storing with U-haul/Your Extra Attic for 5 years. The managers are very polite and easy to talk to. Someone is always there if you have a problem. The rates are reasonable, and they give incentives for referring customers. The one in East Cobb County, Marietta, Ga is the best!

S Suguturaga
February 13th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS

Though it is a well known and established company it continues to provide excellent service.

Cristiana
February 12th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS

I had to use U-haul a several times and I really recommend. Easy, fast and effective. Customer service also is great.

Erikka N
February 11th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS

We have had a good experience through uhaul. The reservation was easy to make. When we went to pick up the truck it was ready to go and there were no issues with the rental. When we have used it to store our belongings between moving it has worked very well. The unit was clean and kept our things in good condition.

Brody B
February 7th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS

I fell like you overpay for the name. Nothing special from U-Haul storage units. I would say its better to shop around because I am confident you will find a better deal. The customer service was good but price was bad.

Dasha Directo
January 17th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS

U-Haul is a trustworthy storage company that I've encountered many times. During moving, U-Haul was the easiest place to store my things because they also offer moving trucks.

Kymberlee Yack
January 17th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS

we recently just moved into an apartment, and downsized from our house so we needed somewhere to store the stuff we couldnt use right now. Uhaul has been super great, their units are cheap to rent and more than big enough for all our stuff.

Shayla Hankins
January 16th, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS

Uhaul is the only place I go for storage units and moving trucks. Their trucks are easy to use and cheap to rent as are their storage units.

Savanna Caver
January 16th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS

U-Haul is so reliable and such an amazing storage unit to have! They make everything really convenient!

Madalyn Johnson
January 16th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS

U-Haul always provides quality storage units. I know that my stuff is safe in a U-Haul storage and it is affordable.

Hailey Nilson
January 16th, 2019 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS

Customer service was fanstastic! They’re easy to work with and we’re reasonably priced.

Jorden Laird
December 12th, 2018 Front Royal, VA DETAILS

U-haul is great one stop shopping for moving and storage. Units in my area are competitively priced and I've been able to get a truck or trailer to move stuff from across the states or down the street. Units are clean and well maintained and there is always a security system in place.

Dee Farquharson
December 10th, 2018 Washington, DC DETAILS

Service is very inexpensive, and has a lot of options (the truck rental isnt bad either). The units were climate controlled and clean. will use again.

Starski Cene
December 10th, 2018 Vienna, VA DETAILS

My go to when I need to move! Pros: - Making a reservation online is super easy - Price is reasonable - Variety of truck size options Cons: - N/A - never have had an issue

Darius Williams
December 10th, 2018 Alexandria, VA DETAILS

Rented a truck from Uhaul 2 weeks ago. the process of getting the truck was very easy and was apple to return the truck late at a 24 hour return

Cori Jacobsen Ollerton
December 7th, 2018 Alpine, UT DETAILS

I worked at Uhaul for 5 years. They are willing and able to make your trip comfortable as well as financially manageable. Easy to schedule my reservation online as well.

Rischelle Mikkelson
December 7th, 2018 American Fork, UT DETAILS

They have good security. The units come in lots of different sizes so you can get exactly what you need. Getting in and out of the storage unit is a little tight, but it works.

Linda Quach
December 5th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ DETAILS

Great prices and they are always accommodating. very easy to make an appt to book a truck and great locations

Matthew Carbaugh
December 5th, 2018 Herndon, VA DETAILS

Helped my brother and sister move on 2 separate occasions this past year, both of which used U-Haul. Renting and returning the trucks both times went off without any problems, would recommend for people who need a truck for moving.

Mia Hernandez
December 5th, 2018 Tempe, AZ DETAILS

great service and company would recommend and honestly use again the next time im looking to move

Fernando Delgado
December 5th, 2018 Tempe, AZ DETAILS

We had used Uhaul storage for my mother furniture when she had to live with us for a period of time. The storage are well taken care of and very safe to keep your property protected. I also Love using U-haul for moving trucks they are very reliable and also one available when i need one. Also very easy to rent one.

Lawrence Foster
December 5th, 2018 Scottsdale, AZ DETAILS

We use U-Haul every time we move. They have always been a good company. Prices fair and service good. Great place to get moving supplies also. Their storage facilities are great, too.

Kaitie Rodriguez
December 5th, 2018 Mesa, AZ DETAILS

I've used uhaul multiple times to help with moving across the country. Not only has their truck rentals been great, but also their storage has been great. They are always helpful and I would use them again if I ever needed to.

Fernando Lopez
December 3rd, 2018 Falls Church, VA DETAILS

One of the best values for moving anything. We love this place. Their vans are spacious and easy to drive. Fully covered with padded interiors. The people behind the counters are always super helpful and their rates are reasonable. Anytime my wife and I need to move anything big we go with U-Haul.

Anthony Sgambati
December 3rd, 2018 Rocklin, CA DETAILS

UHAUL has done an amazing job. We worked with them this year for the first time, they are professional and very helpful. I would use this company again in a heartbeat.

Jeffrey Salas
November 27th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ DETAILS

I was in need of a place to store my extra items and materials. They provided a good cost solution for my needs and I was happy to know it was in a good neighborhood, so I didn't have to worry about theft.

Eric Learo
November 19th, 2018 San Diego, CA DETAILS

This company is great. Whats not to like about a simple business model with a variety of trucks for your moving needs. I have used this service a countless number of times and never had any issues. They also offer a wide array of storage options that wont break the bank. Use Uhaul if you're looking for a good storage service at a reasonable cost.

Samantha
November 16th, 2018 San Ysidro, CA DETAILS

I checked different prices around and U Haul seemed to have the best rates, will continue to use their services.

Jason Pyrah
November 5th, 2018 Willard, MO DETAILS

The U-Haul storage unit that I used was clean and provided a safe space for my things to be stored. I thought the pricing was a little high and the workers weren't able to answer my questions.

Tate Tomlinson
October 31st, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

U-haul created a great way for me and my family to move houses efficiently. The trucks are clean and reliable. The storage sites also are clean and easy to rent.

Jason Anderson
October 19th, 2018 Lindon, UT DETAILS

This is a great storage facility. It's cheaper than some other ones we looked at for the same service and security. We felt that our stuff was safe here. Would definitely recommend. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

Kimberly Maddock
September 19th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

My family and I were moving across the country and needed a place to leave our furniture until our home was ready to move in. It was nice to have a "one stop shop' where we could rent the truck, and then have a storage unit all with the same company. They made the move a lot easier.

Haley Evers
September 17th, 2018 Lehi, UT

Uhaul is ok in storaging. They could be better, and make some adjustments to what they are doing. I feel they are not doing the best. They can’t turn someone done because they don’t have space hats the point!!

Benjamin Taliulu
September 17th, 2018 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS

I was going through a divorce and needed a place to store my stuff while I made arrangements to get into a new place. Very accommodating and had more than enough space. I like their set also, felt very secure in leaving all of my belongings in their facility. Also they have the size truck I reserved so they upgraded me to the size up at no extra cost.

Thomas Hullinger
August 29th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I have used U-Haul for moving trucks, but I have also used them to store my things before and after moves and they have very secure facilities with easy access any time of the day and my things are protected from the elements and anything else that might harm them.

Tualagi
August 29th, 2018 Saint George, UT

this was my last resort, no availability anywhere else for the size i needed. monthly payments were a little expensive. gentleman that showed us the storage was nice and helpful. Storage is nothing special just a big empty dusty space to store our belongings for a few months.