Public Storage has been providing storage units nationwide since 1972. Its main benefits include providing clean storage units at affordable prices. Its main disadvantages are the number of features varying by location, including security and gate hours. If the location is right, Public Storage can be a decent option for someone looking to save money.

The Good

• Average Prices
  • Additional Features
  • Climate Controlled Units

Average Prices

Public Storage units are competitively priced across the storage unit market. For example, a Large 10'x 10'costs roughly $92 per month (this can vary slightly depending on location). Storage units are free to reserve and do not require a long-term commitment. Currently, it is offering a $1 first month rent with up to 15% off its monthly rent (these are both subject to change and depends on availability). Public Storage units are also climate controlled, giving your items the best chance for maintaining their level of quality while being stowed away. Unit size options are as follows:

• 15x20
  • 10x30
  • 12x33
  • 18x25
  • 20x25
  • 20x30
  • 25x75

Additional Features

With over 40 years of experience, Public Storage offers quite a few supplemental features. Moving supplies are available for purchase through Public Storage. These supplies include but are not limited to: storage boxes, storage locks, packings supplies, tape. Public Storage also states on its site its commitment to keeping all of its facilities clean with adequate lighting. This can help prevent unnecessary maintenance and security issues, giving you a more trusted place to leave your things. Public Storage also offers AutoPay, making it easier for you to submit your monthly payments. This feature has 24/7 online access, giving you the power to take care of your facility when it best works with your schedule.

Climate Controlled Units

CubeSmart also provides customers with climate controlled units, which allows renters to control both the temperature and humidity of their units. While this feature is becoming a standard offering in the industry, it still proves to be incredibly useful for renters who don't want to risk the condition of their belongings to the effects of extreme temperatures.

The Bad

• Undisclosed Information
  • Gate Hours Depend on Location
  • Missing Features

Undisclosed Information

There are a number of important features that are either undisclosed or details vary by location. This information includes but is not limited to: security details, reimbursement policy, and whether or not units are indoor or outdoor.

Gate Hours Depend on Location

Another feature that varies per location is the gate hours. Having longer gate hours allows users more opportunities to access the contents of their storage unit. There is also no way for Public Storage users to rent a truck from them to transport materials to and from the storage unit since this feature is not available at any of their locations.

Missing Features

CubeSmart does not appear to offer cleaning and maintenance services for its units. Additionally, services such as added security measures and the availability of moving trucks appears to vary by location. If you're simply looking for a place to store your belongings, CubeSmart should prove adequate; however, if these features are important you you, you should consider other options.

The Bottom Line

If one is located nearby, Public Storage can be a decent option for someone looking to save money. Its main highlights include providing clean storage units at affordable prices. Its main disadvantages are the number of features with undisclosed information, particularly including security and gate hours.

3.8

Ken Francis
June 11th, 2019 Provo, UT

This is a nice service. It is fairly cheap and very accesible. I like the ease of use.

Dale L Farmer
June 3rd, 2019 Littleton, CO DETAILS

I only needed to use this service for a short time but it was helpful and they were friendly.

Nana Asiata
May 21st, 2019 Herriman, UT DETAILS

Staff was friendly and very helpful. We didn't have any worry about the safety or security of our things being stored there.

Dean
May 14th, 2019 Ogden, UT DETAILS

I have had a Public Storage space on two separate occasions and have been happy both times. I shop around for price and they are very competitive but I find the best thing to be the facilities. They are always clean and the employees are great. If you are looking for a storage unit, look into Public Storage.

paul sclafani
March 13th, 2019 Fort Lauderdale, FL DETAILS

This company has executive offices with non-responsive people. They set you up for late fees, but refuse to even hear your story....WE DO NOT WAIVE LATE FEES, NO EXCEPTIONS. They remind you by e-mail 3 weeks in advance, have your credit card info, but won't take your payment automatically. You have to jump thru the hoops every month. A DISHONEST way to run this type of business./ NEVER AGAIN...PS

Brennan
February 12th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS

While I had a Public Storage unit I felt like it was reasonably priced and the facility was always clean. I have had multiple storage units over the years and Public Storage was great. Employees were awesome as well.

David Plummer
February 6th, 2019 Glendale, AZ DETAILS

My experience at the 4034 East McDowell Road, Phoenix, AZ 85008 location leaves much to be desired. The property clearly isn't maintained. Bird crap is everywhere. The trash area has been overflowing each time I have visited the property. While the website says gate hours are until 9 pm, the reality is they close at 6 pm. The property manager is as lazy as they come. And, don't expect them to pro-rate rent when you move out. They pro-rate when you move in, but refuse to do the same upon move out. Also, keep a watch out for ridiculous fees when you move in. There are much better storage options out there. Save your money and keep your property in a cleaner location, go elsewhere!

Hailey Nilson
January 7th, 2019 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS

Public Storage is great. I've been with them for three years and I plan on using them for many more. I had some issues with my billing and they fixed it right away.

Matthew Carbaugh
December 10th, 2018 Herndon, VA DETAILS

Helped my brother store his belongings while moving places. The pavement inbetween the storage containers was fairly narrow and we had a difficult time maneuvering our U-haul. Value for storage was reasonable

Tiffany Barton
December 6th, 2018 Tempe, AZ DETAILS

I was with public storage for over 6 months and never once had any problem with security or damage. I like the hours they had to make sure the safety is there.

Mia Hernandez
December 5th, 2018 Tempe, AZ

great company would recommend to friends and family have no issues so far people ion office are pretty friendly

Kristie Sgambati
November 30th, 2018 Rocklin, CA DETAILS

We have used Public Storage for our business for years and love them! Net, clean facilities and easy access hours.

Jennifer Perry
November 16th, 2018 Spring Valley, CA DETAILS

I used Public Storage for a little over a year. The units were clean and air controlled which was nice. the only thing I had an issue with is that they were not willing to help move the due date of my bill to a date that worked for me.

Shari Evers
September 18th, 2018 Lehi, UT

Being in between homes is stressful. We rented a storage unit from Public Storage during our in between time. Our house was ready for move in right after the next months payment was due. Even though when we signed with them it was a fee that was suppose to be paid that actually waived that months fee since it was only an extra 2 days. Great customer service!

Kimberly Maddock
September 18th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

Last month we were in between selling our home and buying a new home. We had to put most of our furniture in storage. Public Storage gave us the best deal and the storage units were clean and easy to access.

Celia
September 13th, 2018 Waipahu, HI

Daughter had to store her stuffs in storage. Looked around & found that Public Storage was reasonable & safe. We would definitely use them again.

William
August 28th, 2018 South Jordan, UT

I used a facility close to me for a few months while we were building our house. The facility was nice and clean and we didn't have any issues with that. The customer service was just ok. I would probably use them again.

Dave Brinton
August 24th, 2018

Used to store stuff while building a house. Clean, professional, kind.

Lesa Burgess
August 24th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

Public Storage raised the rates on the individual storage unit I had without ever letting me know. I had only been renting this unit for a few months before they raised the price on me. I decided to move out so I called the unit manager that I would be leaving, which was the middle of the month. So when I asked about pro rating my bill, the manager at the time had told me no problem. Well, they charged me the whole month anyway. I would have been fine with that if they hadn't told me they would pro rate me. So, they raised their prices on me without telling me, then didn't pro rate my last month when they told me they would. So, overall would NOT recommend them.

Kris
August 23rd, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

We used this company to store our extra holiday decorations. They were very clean and reasonably priced.

Bella Houtz
August 21st, 2018 South Jordan, UT

Public Storage is a great option to store your stuff safely. We love what Public Storage has to offer.

Uilani Eke
August 17th, 2018 Palo Alto, CA

Horrible experience because our storage got infested with roaches.

Karen Nelson
July 27th, 2018 Alpine, UT

This company offers what it advertises. It was affordable and secure. We had zero problems. They offered easy access and great customer service.

Bob Conley
July 24th, 2018 Crestwood, KY

I didn't have the best experience. Our storage unit flooded. The folks at the storage facility, move all of our stuff before they notified us. After we moved out of the facility we discovered items were missing. I assume they were lost in the flood and they did not want to be held responsible.

Jordy Cooley
July 19th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

Basic unit that provided what we needed. Clean and easy access for a tuck to load and unload.

L
July 12th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

Public Storage has decent units in ok locations, but they are usually priced higher than some other storage facilities.

Shelene Cooley
July 10th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

You get what you pay for and this company provides a quality product when you need to store things. Easy access to load and unload. was effective for our needs.

Taylor Siren
July 6th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

Public Storage has low monthly rates and has great space for me to store my possessions.

Trent Allen
July 5th, 2018 Queen Creek, AZ

No frills, but the facility worked great for our needs. The AC units are real nice because they keep your personal items cool so that they are not ruined when it is hot outside.

Brayden D.
July 2nd, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

I love public storage because there is one right next to my home and it isn’t expensive but it gives me the extra storage I need.

Estefi Arreola Leyva
July 2nd, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

Public Storage has a good place to put our things that can fit in our house. My family has been using the place for about two years. It was really great to use when we would move houses.

michelle l pierce
June 26th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

Good customer service, prices are ok, lots of choice for sizes that you may need

Trista Siren
June 26th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

Great space for all my great-grandmother's things. Suggested to all!

H Moore
June 5th, 2018 Lehi, UT DETAILS

We've used Public Storage to store furniture that we are saving for a child. We've appreciated their customer service.

Terri
March 20th, 2018 Whittier, CA DETAILS

THey are a very fair company, and have great customer service.

dale roberts
March 20th, 2018 Duvall, WA DETAILS

Storage space was fairly well maintained, the desk staff was good, the regional management was questionable

ChecksNet.com
March 20th, 2018 Henderson, NV DETAILS

Locations not exactly convenient to my locations

Harvey Olff
March 20th, 2018 Lexington, KY DETAILS

poor management, no outside lighting, complain that door needed repair, never happened

Andy J.
March 20th, 2018 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS

Price increased monthly. Let other people put things in our re noted spacejom

John M Stanley
March 20th, 2018 Burleson, TX DETAILS

Clean units, fair price, safe. Someone is always available to assist you in getting in the units, etc.

Sherry Ann
March 20th, 2018 Fort Bragg, NC DETAILS

Good company and customer service. Never had any problems with them.

Msclark
March 20th, 2018 Hayward, CA DETAILS

I think they are a little pricy but they are in every community so easy to get to.

Leonard Goodboe
March 20th, 2018 El Paso, TX DETAILS

Offered a military discount but the site refused to give me one

Truitt Davis
March 20th, 2018 DETAILS

THEY REMIND YOU OF PAYMENT DUE ON THE 12TH EVERY MONTH, WHEN THEY SHOULD REMIND YOU A WEEK PRIOR. IVE PAID TOO MANY LATE FEES

Michael Bowen
March 20th, 2018 St. Petersburg, FL DETAILS

No problems , needed them for 3 months didn't have any problems just not the most helpful customer service

Alicia
March 20th, 2018 San Bernardino, CA DETAILS

Glad they work with you and only people with codes can get in

Reverend Christapher McDonnell
March 12th, 2018 Dallas, TX DETAILS

Very clean building, coded access, and carts available for customer use

Kurt David Steinbach
March 12th, 2018 Memphis, TN DETAILS

plenty of space and very good price structure.

Kathy
March 12th, 2018 Louisville, KY DETAILS

Usually thier sites are clean. They need to replace broken doors though.

Knudsen
March 12th, 2018 Fort Collins, CO DETAILS

Always increasing prices for a place that very difficult to acess steep incline