Extra Space Storage Logo

Extra Space Storage

Is This Your Business?

7.9

LAST UPDATED: August 30th, 2021
Since 1977, Extra Space Storage has been serving America's storage needs. With 910,000 units across the country, customers' are able to choose a facility that's convenient for them. Extra Space Storage has a large span of storage unit sizes to accommodate any storage needs. Their facilities feature security upgrades in addition to the individual locks on units, to make sure possessions are secure and give customers' peace of mind.

U-Haul Logo
#1 U-Haul chevron_right
Public Storage Logo
#3 Public Storage chevron_right
4.0
Life Storage Logo
#4 Life Storage chevron_right
3.1

The Good

• Extra Security Features
  • Reimbursement
  • Sizes and Other Storage Unit Features
  • Unit Upkeep

Extra Security Features

When it comes to protecting your belongings, Extra Space Storage doesn't mess around. Their facilities feature electronic gates that are only accessible with a code. Also, facilities are monitored with high-end monitoring video surveillance to ensure no unauthorized personnel enter the facility. Each storage unit is protected with locks, and individual door alarms are available for extra protection. Extra Space Storage also keeps it's facilities well-lit and fenced to further prevent suspicious activity.

Reimbursement

Many storage companies lock customers into contracts, making it impossible to get out if the contract if their storage needs change. Extra Space Storage allows customers to end the agreement whenever they need too. As long as they haven't occupied the storage unit the month they want to cancel, customers' are able to remove their belongings without a penalty. Extra Space Storage provides easy solutions for customers' when their storage needs change.

Sizing and Storage Unit Features

Extra Storage Space provides many sizing options for storage units. These units range in size from 5' x 5' to 10' x 30', so there's certain to be a size for your storage needs. Whether you need small spaces for personal belongings or a large space in between moves, Extra Storage Space has options. They also have both indoor and outdoor facilities depending on customers' preference for their belongs. Outdoor units work better for larger items like furniture, while indoor facilities would be more ideal for fragile or personal belongings. Indoor units are climate controlled which ensures items are protected from temperature. Extra Space Storage takes pride in providing options for all customer's needs.

Unit Upkeep

Extra Space Storage keeps all facilities, both indoor and outdoor, clean and secure. They maintain facility grounds and make sure customers' feel like their belongings are safe, clean and protected in their facilities. It's a simple thing to keep well-maintained facilities, but worth it to customers.

The Bad

• Limited Gate Hours

No Moving Truck Rental

Unlike other storage unit companies, Extra Storage Space does not rent out moving trucks. Customers must use their own trucks when moving in their belongings. Extra Space Storage has teamed up with Budget to offer customers a discount and the ability to rent from a Budget Rental facility. While having trucks is by no means a necessity, it is a good option for customers to have.

Limited Gate Hours

Extra Space Storage does not provide 24 hour access to their facilities. They are open from 6AM to 10PM daily.

The Bottom Line

Extra Space Storage is one of the best storage unit facilities nationwide. They provide customers' with a variety of sizing, reasonable pricing and well-maintained facilities. Their high-end security allows customers' to feel like their belongings are safe and protected. We recommend Extra Space Storage for storage needs.

Britni Laidler Lindon, UT

I just recently needed a storage unit ASAP and was stuck at work for the day. I was able to go online, rent a unit and have it all set up without having to leave work. Once we had everything loaded up we were able to head down to the unit and found it was super clean, and was a safe location. I was very impressed.

Nelly Nakhon Sawan, 60

I needed a place to store my belongings after my last semester at college. I decided to use Extra Space Storage and had no issues with it. The process was easy and the employees were efficient. None of my things were moved and the space was rather clean when I first got it.

Mark Benson Nakhon Sawan, 60

My Mom passed away last year so we needed a place to put her belongings until we got everything sorted out. As far as I know nothing was moved and everything was kept safe. The unit was fairly clean when her stuff was first moved in and nothing was damaged during its time there.

Kori Travis FL

Extra Storage Space is very affordable and has excellent customer service that can help you find a storage unit that is best for you

Shelbi Griggs Houston, TX

I’ve been using extra space for the past two years and my stuff has been in great condition

Mona-Lissa Tallahassee, FL

Great Customer Service they were able to accommodate me well why I tried to move all my things into storage for school.

Erna Valcin Tallahassee, FL

This storage unit is so helpful for college students moving out. The first one I used had a special discount going on since it was their opening event. Highly recommend this service.

keiontai henry Tallahassee, FL

Extra Space allows for great storage and I used them last year to hold my things for college while moving out. They were even able to give me a student discount and my total for the month only came up to $40! Not only that, but with the climate of the world and the pandemic going on, we were able to sign all papers and contracts virtually and over the phone!

Elisabeth Kinghorn Bangkok, 10

We use Extra Space Storage at work and have always had great experiences there. The staff is very friendly and cooperative and the units are easy to access and very clean

Taylor Cordova Provo, UT

Extra space was an excellent fit for us. The staff were excellent and we were able to get our first month free! They had plenty of options and sizes available and great prices.

Tanner Cook Gilbert, AZ

My wife and I were transitioning from moving from an apartment to a house, and there was a two week span in which we had to have things put in storage. Thankfully, they had a pretty good rate for the first month, and we were able to take advantage of that. They had good hours and can’t complain, good security!

Megan A McEvoy Tallahassee, FL

I used Extra Space Storage between semesters my freshman year of college and it made my life so much easier. I go to an out of state school, so getting all of my belongings home was not an option for me, and extra space storage was a great price and had great security. None of my items were stolen or damaged within the three months they were left in storage. The staff was very helpful in person and on the phone.

kristin Gneiting Pleasant Grove, UT

We use Extra space storage because of the convenience to our home in Pleasant Grove Utah. There are many storage places around but you won't find a more clean, convenient place that you can depend on. They have multiple locations for your convenience. We just have so many holiday decorations that we love to be able to store them out of sight until we need them. It is so convenient. I highly recommend this company.

Molly Keogh Ogden, UT

We had a few months when we were between homes and needed a place to put all of our stuff. I was so impressed with how clean the facility was secure. We felt safe leaving our stuff there.

Ted Johnson Pleasant Grove, UT

I have used Extra Space Storage many times. They have the size and the cleanliness that I need and they are easy to go in and out of. I feel like everything is secure and that I can upgrade or go with less space at any time that I please.

Karrie Ogden, UT

We have rented an Extra Space Storage unit for the last few years and it has worked out great. It was cheaper than other storage units in that area and it is very accessible. We will continue to use Extra Space Storage for quite a while.

Craig Orem, UT

I have rented a storage unity from Extra Space Storage on multiple occasions. Every time I do I am completely happy with the result. Their prices are low and the quality is great. If you need a storage unit look into Extra Space!

August Moulton Lehi, UT

I helped my foster daughter put her things into storage here and I thought the entire place was incredibly clean and well maintained. I was impressed with the service and the price of the units. If I ever had need for myself, I would come here first.

Tamara Krause Jacksonville, FL

Great prices and well-kept facilities. Property managers are wonderful! I compared similar units at over 6 different storage companies in my area and none could come close to their price. I even got a free month because I paid for a year in full.

LAURI J CLARK Lindon, UT

I love Extra Space Storage! We needed a secure place for some valuables and at the last minute. We used ESS in Pleasant Grove and I was extremely impressed with the service, cleanliness of the facility and the security! I highly recommend ESS!

Carolynn West Jordan, UT

Only needed my unit for 2 months. It is a very clean facility with easy access. Also I appreciated the flatbeds that were provided to help move our things to the second floor. I'll use them again when I need a storage unit.

Christopher Haueter Salt Lake City, UT

I like this storage company because of the security it has. So far it was seemed to be a safe place to keep extra stuff and it's easy to get in and out. No complaints here.

Morgan whiting Los Angeles, CA

We have used them for storage for a few years now. We store extra things that we don't want cluttering up the garage. They have a selection to choose from with price variation depending on what you want.

Thomas Andersen Tallahassee, FL

When my family moved, we used Extra Space Storage in order to get everything out of our house. They had very helpful customer service and were always knowledgeable about what they offer.

Aidan Keogh Ogden, UT

We stored our belonging at Extra Space Storage when were were between homes. The facility was clean and extremely well maintained. We didn't worry about something happening to our stuff

Julie Taylor Ogden, UT

We were between houses for a few months and needed a place to put our furniture. We felt that our stuff was safe and secure at Extra Space Storage. It was clean and well priced.

Sarah Marfo Tallahassee, FL

For college students this is cheap and affordable. Bonus is they will let you split with a group of people so that you can save some money. However one person will have to pay.

Reese Pleasant Grove, UT

I have used Extra Space Storage in the past. I like the location here in Pleasant Grove, Utah. Great service and friendly staff. The nicest storage unit my family and I have ever used.

Desi Pleasant Grove, UT

Extra Space Storage is a very convenient place to store all my stuff!! Great price too. I always come back because I always know my stuff is in there.

Nik Anderson South Jordan, UT

Used them for 6 months while our home was being built. Good prices and no long term contract needed. Clean and secure facility right up the road. Highly recommend.-

Brayden D. Gilbert, AZ

Extra Space Storage is one of the best storage organizations especially for me. It is right next to my house and it isn’t expensive so it is perfect for me and my family.

Sierra Nixon Fort Lauderdale, FL

My family and I use an Extra Space Storage and the storage is clean, convenient, and affordable.

N Oakland, CA

When I had to leave my home in a hurry, Extra Space Storage was there for me. Very accessible and reliable.

Rocio Diaz Tallahassee, FL

Extra Space Storage has large storage units for a great price. They also offer air-conditioned storage for your most-valuable items.

Josh Harold Dallas, TX

The units were good quality and had everything I needed, the rates were also reasonable and the people there were helpful.

Roman Christiansen Pleasant Grove, UT

When I needed to store my belonging away I used Extra Space Storage and it was a very nice company! My items were kept very secure.

Sara Smith Riverton, UT

Had a free month of rent which helped us to get stuff out of our house when we were selling it and it was big enough for what we needed.

Ammonayres Salt Lake City, UT

We needed to store our stuff for 6 months, and when it came to picking our stuff back up, it was easy as pie. Great company!

Quinn Johnson South Jordan, UT

Great customer service and product features. They are definitely the most professional and high quality when it comes to storage.

Hailey Nilson Salt Lake City, UT

Extra space storage has been a life saver for me! My home flooded and i needed a place to keep my stuff. They got me a space super quick and easy!

edward reese Hyattsville, MD

Lowest 1st month payment of a $1 and had flexible hours to get into the unit. Units where clean and pricing was straight forward.

Dylan Curtis Pleasant Grove, UT

We had 2 storage units for 9 years and while on hindsight we wish we would have just gotten rid of much of our stuff, they kept it safe for us.

Dee Cypress, TX

They were very accommodating, the units were clean, well lit and good hours for accessibility.

Myken American Fork, UT

We LOVE EXTRA SPACE Storage! They are a reliable company with upfront rates and fees and trustworthy service.

Luna Potomac, MD

They have a huge amount of storage space for any types of storing. You can also choose the size of the storage room.

Shanae Boully Kaysville, UT

I love this storage. I like how the storage units are inside a building. I enjoyed having a storage here.

Brittany Bray Springville, UT

Extra space storage is a safe place to put your belongings. They are also a great company to work for!