Extra Space Storage Logo

Extra Space Storage

Is This Your Business?

7.9

LAST UPDATED: August 30th, 2021
Since 1977, Extra Space Storage has been serving America's storage needs. With 910,000 units across the country, customers' are able to choose a facility that's convenient for them. Extra Space Storage has a large span of storage unit sizes to accommodate any storage needs. Their facilities feature security upgrades in addition to the individual locks on units, to make sure possessions are secure and give customers' peace of mind.

U-Haul Logo
#1 U-Haul chevron_right
Public Storage Logo
#3 Public Storage chevron_right
4.0
Life Storage Logo
#4 Life Storage chevron_right
3.1

The Good

• Extra Security Features
  • Reimbursement
  • Sizes and Other Storage Unit Features
  • Unit Upkeep

Extra Security Features

When it comes to protecting your belongings, Extra Space Storage doesn't mess around. Their facilities feature electronic gates that are only accessible with a code. Also, facilities are monitored with high-end monitoring video surveillance to ensure no unauthorized personnel enter the facility. Each storage unit is protected with locks, and individual door alarms are available for extra protection. Extra Space Storage also keeps it's facilities well-lit and fenced to further prevent suspicious activity.

Reimbursement

Many storage companies lock customers into contracts, making it impossible to get out if the contract if their storage needs change. Extra Space Storage allows customers to end the agreement whenever they need too. As long as they haven't occupied the storage unit the month they want to cancel, customers' are able to remove their belongings without a penalty. Extra Space Storage provides easy solutions for customers' when their storage needs change.

Sizing and Storage Unit Features

Extra Storage Space provides many sizing options for storage units. These units range in size from 5' x 5' to 10' x 30', so there's certain to be a size for your storage needs. Whether you need small spaces for personal belongings or a large space in between moves, Extra Storage Space has options. They also have both indoor and outdoor facilities depending on customers' preference for their belongs. Outdoor units work better for larger items like furniture, while indoor facilities would be more ideal for fragile or personal belongings. Indoor units are climate controlled which ensures items are protected from temperature. Extra Space Storage takes pride in providing options for all customer's needs.

Unit Upkeep

Extra Space Storage keeps all facilities, both indoor and outdoor, clean and secure. They maintain facility grounds and make sure customers' feel like their belongings are safe, clean and protected in their facilities. It's a simple thing to keep well-maintained facilities, but worth it to customers.

The Bad

• Limited Gate Hours

No Moving Truck Rental

Unlike other storage unit companies, Extra Storage Space does not rent out moving trucks. Customers must use their own trucks when moving in their belongings. Extra Space Storage has teamed up with Budget to offer customers a discount and the ability to rent from a Budget Rental facility. While having trucks is by no means a necessity, it is a good option for customers to have.

Limited Gate Hours

Extra Space Storage does not provide 24 hour access to their facilities. They are open from 6AM to 10PM daily.

The Bottom Line

Extra Space Storage is one of the best storage unit facilities nationwide. They provide customers' with a variety of sizing, reasonable pricing and well-maintained facilities. Their high-end security allows customers' to feel like their belongings are safe and protected. We recommend Extra Space Storage for storage needs.

Simone Harris

Decent storage unit, flexible to needs of storage. The unit themselves were decently spacious with good rates.

Tami Allen Gilbert, AZ

We had a storage unit at Extra Space Storage for 2 years when we were renting a smaller home, but were planning to move into a bigger home, so we didn't want to get rid of all our extra furniture and belongings. We live in Arizona, so it was important to me that we find a clean, inexpensive place that offered an air conditioned unit. I didn't want the heat to damage my belongings. Extra Space was always kept clean, and my unit didn't have any pests or bugs in it. We had access to the space when we needed it, and always felt comfortable and safe when we had to go to put something in, or get something out of it. The management was always friendly, kind, and helpful, and we always felt comfortable asking questions or when we needed help. We were able to be billed monthly and have it taken out automatically which was nice. Our lease was just month to month, so when it was time to move out our stuff, we cancelled our contract easily, and quickly.

Aubrey Rentschler Salt Lake City, UT

We are currently using Extra Space storage and have been impressed. The facility is very clean and secure. I also like the month-to-month pay feature and the automatic withdrawal.

Kaitlyn Rios Ogden, UT

Extra Space Storage is an useful organization. They have low monthly rates for a variety of storage spaces. I like that the space can be selected by size, price or duration. They make strongly extra stuff easy and convenient.

JAKE American Fork, UT

We have used Extra Space Storage in the past and we had no complaints with them. Pretty basic storage units and service. The office staff were helpful. I did feel like it was a little bit unorganized. They were nice though and pretty helpful. They are a good company but not exceptional.

Erika American Fork, UT

We have used Extra Space Storage in the past and they were good as far as storage units go. Pretty basic, nothing exceptional. The office staff were a little bit unorganized but they were friendly. They are helpful but not particularly amazing.

Michael Calabasas, CA

Have had a unit now for four months and am pleased with the service. Access is easy with a good access window of hours. All units are located inside a climate controlled building which gives added protection to the stored items. Sign up was a snap and the costs are reasonable. Would recommend them.

Joannetta Jarman Secaucus, NJ

We've used this company a few times and have been happy with the cleanliness of the units and the climate-controlled feature!

Don Boren American Fork, UT

Convenient business hours. After hours access was also easily available. I liked that I could buy locks and boxes and other packing/moving supplies at the business office. Units were clean and dry.

Katie Marz Orem, UT

I have overall had a good experience with this storage company. There were a couple hiccups when we were setting it up, but overall they have been great and super nice to us as customers.

Jeff B Eagle Mountain, UT

I used these guys and had an unit where there was water damage from the roof. I was compensated quickly for his furniture that was damaged. Good company and I would use them If needed.

Katie Lewis Eagle Mountain, UT

The customer service I receivedwith Extra Space Storage was the best I ever had. I got there they greeted me explained everything.. really easy to work with

Cam McClellan Magna, UT

They are a well run company with lots of locations. There is a big difference between well run storage units and mom and pop shops. I appreciate their professionalism.

Cristiana Orem, UT

I Used Extra Space Storage a couple times once we were in a moving process. I was really satisfy with the service and the customer service. It really attended my needs.

ang ,

I only used extra space storage for a couple months. It was clean and well priced.

Seth Managua, MN

They were cheap and easy enough to use. Not the nicest locations though. Generally they are in kinda run down locations.

Rylie Crandall Draper, UT

I like the Extra Space Storage storage units because they are spacious an the process of getting a space is easy and fairly quick.

Annie Orr Provo, UT

Extra Space Storage is a great company for storage! It was very easy for me to get a spot and I have never had any troubles!

Bella Houtz South Jordan, UT

Extra Space Storage has been so nice to have! They are realiable and really easy to keep in contact with. They also have great customer service.

Hunter South Jordan, UT

I love the extra space storage air is so clean it’s open 24 hours you can go in whenever you want and the customer service is very good.

Orelma Matthew Austin, TX

I stored my family stuff for over 4 years and it was in great condition when i went to get them out

Tagg Ogden, UT

Extra Space Storage brings a professional feel to a mom and pop business. Safe locations and competitive prices.

Jason Draper, UT

I like Extra Space Storage because it easy and painless to get a storage space, and has been helpful in the past.

Mia Hernandez Tempe, AZ

great place to use haven't had any problems in the past would use again when im looking for the extra space

Tevita Salt Lake City, UT

Used one of their new buildings that have climate control in it. It was a very clean facility and reasonable prices.

JRosa Lehi, UT

I found extra space to be the best storage unit for my money.