Since 1977, Extra Space Storage has been serving America's storage needs. With 910,000 units across the country, customers' are able to choose a facility that's convenient for them. Extra Space Storage has a large span of storage unit sizes to accommodate any storage needs. Their facilities feature security upgrades in addition to the individual locks on units, to make sure possessions are secure and give customers' peace of mind.

#1 U-Haul chevron_right
#3 Public Storage chevron_right
3.9

The Good

• Extra Security Features
  • Reimbursement
  • Sizes and Other Storage Unit Features
  • Unit Upkeep

Extra Security Features

When it comes to protecting your belongings, Extra Space Storage doesn't mess around. Their facilities feature electronic gates that are only accessible with a code. Also, facilities are monitored with high-end monitoring video surveillance to ensure no unauthorized personnel enter the facility. Each storage unit is protected with locks, and individual door alarms are available for extra protection. Extra Space Storage also keeps it's facilities well-lit and fenced to further prevent suspicious activity.

Reimbursement

Many storage companies lock customers into contracts, making it impossible to get out if the contract if their storage needs change. Extra Space Storage allows customers to end the agreement whenever they need too. As long as they haven't occupied the storage unit the month they want to cancel, customers' are able to remove their belongings without a penalty. Extra Space Storage provides easy solutions for customers' when their storage needs change.

Sizing and Storage Unit Features

Extra Storage Space provides many sizing options for storage units. These units range in size from 5' x 5' to 10' x 30', so there's certain to be a size for your storage needs. Whether you need small spaces for personal belongings or a large space in between moves, Extra Storage Space has options. They also have both indoor and outdoor facilities depending on customers' preference for their belongs. Outdoor units work better for larger items like furniture, while indoor facilities would be more ideal for fragile or personal belongings. Indoor units are climate controlled which ensures items are protected from temperature. Extra Space Storage takes pride in providing options for all customer's needs.

Unit Upkeep

Extra Space Storage keeps all facilities, both indoor and outdoor, clean and secure. They maintain facility grounds and make sure customers' feel like their belongings are safe, clean and protected in their facilities. It's a simple thing to keep well-maintained facilities, but worth it to customers.

The Bad

• Limited Gate Hours

No Moving Truck Rental

Unlike other storage unit companies, Extra Storage Space does not rent out moving trucks. Customers must use their own trucks when moving in their belongings. Extra Space Storage has teamed up with Budget to offer customers a discount and the ability to rent from a Budget Rental facility. While having trucks is by no means a necessity, it is a good option for customers to have.

Limited Gate Hours

Extra Space Storage does not provide 24 hour access to their facilities. They are open from 6AM to 10PM daily.

The Bottom Line

Extra Space Storage is one of the best storage unit facilities nationwide. They provide customers' with a variety of sizing, reasonable pricing and well-maintained facilities. Their high-end security allows customers' to feel like their belongings are safe and protected. We recommend Extra Space Storage for storage needs.

LAURI J CLARK

August 28th, 2018 Lindon, UT

I love Extra Space Storage! We needed a secure place for some valuables and at the last minute. We used ESS in Pleasant Grove and I was extremely impressed with the service, cleanliness of the facility and the security! I highly recommend ESS!

Nik Anderson

August 23rd, 2018 South Jordan, UT

Used them for 6 months while our home was being built. Good prices and no long term contract needed. Clean and secure facility right up the road. Highly recommend.-

Bella Houtz

August 19th, 2018 South Jordan, UT

Extra Space Storage has been so nice to have! They are realiable and really easy to keep in contact with. They also have great customer service.

Hunter

August 18th, 2018 South Jordan, UT

I love the extra space storage air is so clean it’s open 24 hours you can go in whenever you want and the customer service is very good.

Carolynn

August 17th, 2018 West Jordan, UT

Only needed my unit for 2 months. It is a very clean facility with easy access. Also I appreciated the flatbeds that were provided to help move our things to the second floor. I'll use them again when I need a storage unit.

L. T.

August 17th, 2018 Sacramento, CA

I used them in Elk Grove. It was good. Had one issue will billing- however they did resolve it. Everything was clean and in good shape.

Taylor Vance

July 16th, 2018 Salt Lake City, UT

They gave me a hard time about having to purchase renters insurance to cover the stuff I stored there, that was kinda annoying. The also did not inform me that you need to either bring your own lock, or buy theirs for $18! Actually using the unit was great, just the process of getting signed up was not a great experience.

Brayden D.

July 1st, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

Extra Space Storage is one of the best storage organizations especially for me. It is right next to my house and it isn’t expensive so it is perfect for me and my family.

Tami Allen

June 25th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

We had a storage unit at Extra Space Storage for 2 years when we were renting a smaller home, but were planning to move into a bigger home, so we didn't want to get rid of all our extra furniture and belongings. We live in Arizona, so it was important to me that we find a clean, inexpensive place that offered an air conditioned unit. I didn't want the heat to damage my belongings. Extra Space was always kept clean, and my unit didn't have any pests or bugs in it. We had access to the space when we needed it, and always felt comfortable and safe when we had to go to put something in, or get something out of it. The management was always friendly, kind, and helpful, and we always felt comfortable asking questions or when we needed help. We were able to be billed monthly and have it taken out automatically which was nice. Our lease was just month to month, so when it was time to move out our stuff, we cancelled our contract easily, and quickly.

Marlene

May 1st, 2018 Taylorsville, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Had them for one year and they raised my rate twice.

JRosa

April 30th, 2018 Lehi, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I found extra space to be the best storage unit for my money.

Dee

March 26th, 2018 Cypress, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They were very accommodating, the units were clean, well lit and good hours for accessibility.

MARCO GARZA

March 20th, 2018 Gilroy, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Raising prices for a small unit, but customer service are great

Orelma Matthew

March 20th, 2018 Austin, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I stored my family stuff for over 4 years and it was in great condition when i went to get them out

Christopher Haueter

June 5th, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

I like this storage company because of the security it has. So far it was seemed to be a safe place to keep extra stuff and it's easy to get in and out. No complaints here.

Aubrey Rentschler

May 29th, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

We are currently using Extra Space storage and have been impressed. The facility is very clean and secure. I also like the month-to-month pay feature and the automatic withdrawal.