Extra Space Storage Logo

Extra Space Storage

Is This Your Business?

7.9

Since 1977, Extra Space Storage has been serving America's storage needs. With 910,000 units across the country, customers' are able to choose a facility that's convenient for them. Extra Space Storage has a large span of storage unit sizes to accommodate any storage needs. Their facilities feature security upgrades in addition to the individual locks on units, to make sure possessions are secure and give customers' peace of mind.

U-Haul Logo
#1 U-Haul chevron_right
Public Storage Logo
#3 Public Storage chevron_right
4.0
Life Storage Logo
#4 Life Storage chevron_right
3.2

The Good

• Extra Security Features
  • Reimbursement
  • Sizes and Other Storage Unit Features
  • Unit Upkeep

Extra Security Features

When it comes to protecting your belongings, Extra Space Storage doesn't mess around. Their facilities feature electronic gates that are only accessible with a code. Also, facilities are monitored with high-end monitoring video surveillance to ensure no unauthorized personnel enter the facility. Each storage unit is protected with locks, and individual door alarms are available for extra protection. Extra Space Storage also keeps it's facilities well-lit and fenced to further prevent suspicious activity.

Reimbursement

Many storage companies lock customers into contracts, making it impossible to get out if the contract if their storage needs change. Extra Space Storage allows customers to end the agreement whenever they need too. As long as they haven't occupied the storage unit the month they want to cancel, customers' are able to remove their belongings without a penalty. Extra Space Storage provides easy solutions for customers' when their storage needs change.

Sizing and Storage Unit Features

Extra Storage Space provides many sizing options for storage units. These units range in size from 5' x 5' to 10' x 30', so there's certain to be a size for your storage needs. Whether you need small spaces for personal belongings or a large space in between moves, Extra Storage Space has options. They also have both indoor and outdoor facilities depending on customers' preference for their belongs. Outdoor units work better for larger items like furniture, while indoor facilities would be more ideal for fragile or personal belongings. Indoor units are climate controlled which ensures items are protected from temperature. Extra Space Storage takes pride in providing options for all customer's needs.

Unit Upkeep

Extra Space Storage keeps all facilities, both indoor and outdoor, clean and secure. They maintain facility grounds and make sure customers' feel like their belongings are safe, clean and protected in their facilities. It's a simple thing to keep well-maintained facilities, but worth it to customers.

The Bad

• Limited Gate Hours

No Moving Truck Rental

Unlike other storage unit companies, Extra Storage Space does not rent out moving trucks. Customers must use their own trucks when moving in their belongings. Extra Space Storage has teamed up with Budget to offer customers a discount and the ability to rent from a Budget Rental facility. While having trucks is by no means a necessity, it is a good option for customers to have.

Limited Gate Hours

Extra Space Storage does not provide 24 hour access to their facilities. They are open from 6AM to 10PM daily.

The Bottom Line

Extra Space Storage is one of the best storage unit facilities nationwide. They provide customers' with a variety of sizing, reasonable pricing and well-maintained facilities. Their high-end security allows customers' to feel like their belongings are safe and protected. We recommend Extra Space Storage for storage needs.

Taylor Cordova Provo, UT

Extra space was an excellent fit for us. The staff were excellent and we were able to get our first month free! They had plenty of options and sizes available and great prices.

keiontai henry Tallahassee, FL

Extra Space allows for great storage and I used them last year to hold my things for college while moving out. They were even able to give me a student discount and my total for the month only came up to $40! Not only that, but with the climate of the world and the pandemic going on, we were able to sign all papers and contracts virtually and over the phone!

Morgan whiting Los Angeles, CA

We have used them for storage for a few years now. We store extra things that we don't want cluttering up the garage. They have a selection to choose from with price variation depending on what you want.

Tanner Cook Gilbert, AZ

My wife and I were transitioning from moving from an apartment to a house, and there was a two week span in which we had to have things put in storage. Thankfully, they had a pretty good rate for the first month, and we were able to take advantage of that. They had good hours and can’t complain, good security!

Megan A McEvoy Tallahassee, FL

I used Extra Space Storage between semesters my freshman year of college and it made my life so much easier. I go to an out of state school, so getting all of my belongings home was not an option for me, and extra space storage was a great price and had great security. None of my items were stolen or damaged within the three months they were left in storage. The staff was very helpful in person and on the phone.

kristin Gneiting Pleasant Grove, UT

We use Extra space storage because of the convenience to our home in Pleasant Grove Utah. There are many storage places around but you won't find a more clean, convenient place that you can depend on. They have multiple locations for your convenience. We just have so many holiday decorations that we love to be able to store them out of sight until we need them. It is so convenient. I highly recommend this company.

Tami Allen Gilbert, AZ

We had a storage unit at Extra Space Storage for 2 years when we were renting a smaller home, but were planning to move into a bigger home, so we didn't want to get rid of all our extra furniture and belongings. We live in Arizona, so it was important to me that we find a clean, inexpensive place that offered an air conditioned unit. I didn't want the heat to damage my belongings. Extra Space was always kept clean, and my unit didn't have any pests or bugs in it. We had access to the space when we needed it, and always felt comfortable and safe when we had to go to put something in, or get something out of it. The management was always friendly, kind, and helpful, and we always felt comfortable asking questions or when we needed help. We were able to be billed monthly and have it taken out automatically which was nice. Our lease was just month to month, so when it was time to move out our stuff, we cancelled our contract easily, and quickly.

Sierra Nixon Fort Lauderdale, FL

My family and I use an Extra Space Storage and the storage is clean, convenient, and affordable.

Joannetta Jarman Secaucus, NJ

We've used this company a few times and have been happy with the cleanliness of the units and the climate-controlled feature!

N Oakland, CA

When I had to leave my home in a hurry, Extra Space Storage was there for me. Very accessible and reliable.

Molly Keogh Ogden, UT

We had a few months when we were between homes and needed a place to put all of our stuff. I was so impressed with how clean the facility was secure. We felt safe leaving our stuff there.

Ted Johnson Pleasant Grove, UT

I have used Extra Space Storage many times. They have the size and the cleanliness that I need and they are easy to go in and out of. I feel like everything is secure and that I can upgrade or go with less space at any time that I please.

Karrie Ogden, UT

We have rented an Extra Space Storage unit for the last few years and it has worked out great. It was cheaper than other storage units in that area and it is very accessible. We will continue to use Extra Space Storage for quite a while.

Craig Orem, UT

I have rented a storage unity from Extra Space Storage on multiple occasions. Every time I do I am completely happy with the result. Their prices are low and the quality is great. If you need a storage unit look into Extra Space!

August Moulton Lehi, UT

I helped my foster daughter put her things into storage here and I thought the entire place was incredibly clean and well maintained. I was impressed with the service and the price of the units. If I ever had need for myself, I would come here first.

Tamara Krause Jacksonville, FL

Great prices and well-kept facilities. Property managers are wonderful! I compared similar units at over 6 different storage companies in my area and none could come close to their price. I even got a free month because I paid for a year in full.

LAURI J CLARK Lindon, UT

I love Extra Space Storage! We needed a secure place for some valuables and at the last minute. We used ESS in Pleasant Grove and I was extremely impressed with the service, cleanliness of the facility and the security! I highly recommend ESS!

Carolynn West Jordan, UT

Only needed my unit for 2 months. It is a very clean facility with easy access. Also I appreciated the flatbeds that were provided to help move our things to the second floor. I'll use them again when I need a storage unit.

Katie Lewis Eagle Mountain, UT

The customer service I receivedwith Extra Space Storage was the best I ever had. I got there they greeted me explained everything.. really easy to work with

Jay B Memphis, TN

SPORADIC LARGE RATE INCREASES WITHOUT APPROPRIATE NOTIFICATIONS Our ministry has been a regular customer at various Memphis Extra Space locations for the past 14 years. Extra Space sends postcards regarding unexpected large rate increases which are sporadic, not at regular intervals. If we don't call about the increase to have it adjusted, they will not give refunds. We recently learned that our credit card was charged an additional $180 for the past 3 months. I called and the increased rate was immediately dropped from a monthly $60 increase to a $10 increase, as has been the case over the years. The regional director, Randy, returned my call regarding our overcharges and claimed that they mailed a postcard regarding the increase. We did not receive anything in the mail regarding this last rate increase. He admitted that they do not send emails regarding rate increases. However, we did receive a sweet "Good-Bye" email the same day we moved out. Randy also claimed that Extra Space will not give refunds. We moved to U-Haul where we were told we would never get rate increase surprises like that. Apparently they've blocked me from leaving a review on their site. Don't do business with Extra Space if you're not wanting to play this rate increase game and find that you need to move impulsively due to their lack of appreciation for customer loyalty.

Juan T Morel Long Island City, NY

I would give them no stars if I could absolutely the worst experience after multiple rebrandings of the business. The newest one is Extra Space Storage same bs in the same spot. After finding out that all my clothes were damaged because somebody decided to smoke marijuana around the area and shut off the sprinkler systems I get told I'm only covered for $2,000 in addition to that I asked what am I supposed to do with all the damage clothes this little West Indian girl who works there tells me I have to take it with me I told her there is no space in my car and then tells me that I have to figure it out then I asked her as a courtesy they should take it since I just took a lost that as a courtesy they should take the destroyed items with them she replied by saying that they will not and if I leave it there and they're going to charge me a clean-up fee the how you going to charge me a clean-up fee when my items were destroyed in your care I don't understand how that even make sense at least have the decency to at least take care of that. Her nonchalant attitude it's really what ticked me off she was not supposed Vedic or empathetic to the situation as I drove all the way from Jersey to go pick up some suits for work and I lost everything the other employees that were there one more sympathetic to the situation needless to say I'm done with this place

C ralston Louisville, KY

We put our stuff in extra space on Preston Hwy by Sams last summer. We felt it was safe until someone cleaned us out!!! Another lock with green tape was put on our storage. The camera that was facing the unit was conveniently moved, so they told us they didn't see anything on the video. They're suppose to check the tapes everyday, but they didn't. I will never trust them again. We were told, "you have insurance, so file it". That made me really madd!! My advise is you better check your storage every week. Someone gave out their code, so they were breaking n2 other units.

Christopher Haueter Salt Lake City, UT

I like this storage company because of the security it has. So far it was seemed to be a safe place to keep extra stuff and it's easy to get in and out. No complaints here.

Aubrey Rentschler Salt Lake City, UT

We are currently using Extra Space storage and have been impressed. The facility is very clean and secure. I also like the month-to-month pay feature and the automatic withdrawal.

Thomas Andersen Tallahassee, FL

When my family moved, we used Extra Space Storage in order to get everything out of our house. They had very helpful customer service and were always knowledgeable about what they offer.

Aidan Keogh Ogden, UT

We stored our belonging at Extra Space Storage when were were between homes. The facility was clean and extremely well maintained. We didn't worry about something happening to our stuff

Julie Taylor Ogden, UT

We were between houses for a few months and needed a place to put our furniture. We felt that our stuff was safe and secure at Extra Space Storage. It was clean and well priced.

Kaitlyn Rios Ogden, UT

Extra Space Storage is an useful organization. They have low monthly rates for a variety of storage spaces. I like that the space can be selected by size, price or duration. They make strongly extra stuff easy and convenient.

Sarah Marfo Tallahassee, FL

For college students this is cheap and affordable. Bonus is they will let you split with a group of people so that you can save some money. However one person will have to pay.

Reese Pleasant Grove, UT

I have used Extra Space Storage in the past. I like the location here in Pleasant Grove, Utah. Great service and friendly staff. The nicest storage unit my family and I have ever used.

JAKE American Fork, UT

We have used Extra Space Storage in the past and we had no complaints with them. Pretty basic storage units and service. The office staff were helpful. I did feel like it was a little bit unorganized. They were nice though and pretty helpful. They are a good company but not exceptional.

Erika American Fork, UT

We have used Extra Space Storage in the past and they were good as far as storage units go. Pretty basic, nothing exceptional. The office staff were a little bit unorganized but they were friendly. They are helpful but not particularly amazing.

Michael Calabasas, CA

Have had a unit now for four months and am pleased with the service. Access is easy with a good access window of hours. All units are located inside a climate controlled building which gives added protection to the stored items. Sign up was a snap and the costs are reasonable. Would recommend them.

ang ,

I only used extra space storage for a couple months. It was clean and well priced.

Desi Pleasant Grove, UT

Extra Space Storage is a very convenient place to store all my stuff!! Great price too. I always come back because I always know my stuff is in there.

Don Boren American Fork, UT

Convenient business hours. After hours access was also easily available. I liked that I could buy locks and boxes and other packing/moving supplies at the business office. Units were clean and dry.

Katie Marz Orem, UT

I have overall had a good experience with this storage company. There were a couple hiccups when we were setting it up, but overall they have been great and super nice to us as customers.

Jeff B Eagle Mountain, UT

I used these guys and had an unit where there was water damage from the roof. I was compensated quickly for his furniture that was damaged. Good company and I would use them If needed.

Nik Anderson South Jordan, UT

Used them for 6 months while our home was being built. Good prices and no long term contract needed. Clean and secure facility right up the road. Highly recommend.-

Taylor Vance Salt Lake City, UT

They gave me a hard time about having to purchase renters insurance to cover the stuff I stored there, that was kinda annoying. The also did not inform me that you need to either bring your own lock, or buy theirs for $18! Actually using the unit was great, just the process of getting signed up was not a great experience.

Brayden D. Gilbert, AZ

Extra Space Storage is one of the best storage organizations especially for me. It is right next to my house and it isn’t expensive so it is perfect for me and my family.

Tagg Ogden, UT

Extra Space Storage brings a professional feel to a mom and pop business. Safe locations and competitive prices.

Rocio Diaz Tallahassee, FL

Extra Space Storage has large storage units for a great price. They also offer air-conditioned storage for your most-valuable items.

Josh Harold Dallas, TX

The units were good quality and had everything I needed, the rates were also reasonable and the people there were helpful.

Cam McClellan Magna, UT

They are a well run company with lots of locations. There is a big difference between well run storage units and mom and pop shops. I appreciate their professionalism.

Roman Christiansen Pleasant Grove, UT

When I needed to store my belonging away I used Extra Space Storage and it was a very nice company! My items were kept very secure.

Sara Smith Riverton, UT

Had a free month of rent which helped us to get stuff out of our house when we were selling it and it was big enough for what we needed.

Ammonayres Salt Lake City, UT

We needed to store our stuff for 6 months, and when it came to picking our stuff back up, it was easy as pie. Great company!

Cristiana Orem, UT

I Used Extra Space Storage a couple times once we were in a moving process. I was really satisfy with the service and the customer service. It really attended my needs.

Quinn Johnson South Jordan, UT

Great customer service and product features. They are definitely the most professional and high quality when it comes to storage.