CubeSmart Logo
CubeSmart, headquartered in Pennsylvania, has locations across the country for those looking for storage options. They offer many storage unit sizes, providing customers' with options for their units. CubeSmart also offers both outdoor and indoor storage options, with certain units complete with climate control. However, their lack or high-end security features and limited unit access, leaves us to recommend looking at other companies before choosing CubeSmart.

U-Haul Logo
#1 U-Haul chevron_right
Public Storage Logo
#3 Public Storage chevron_right
4.0

The Good

• Variety of sizes
  • Reasonably priced
  • Climate control
  • Additional supplies

Variety of Sizes

CubeSmart offers customers options when it comes to their storage units. Units range anywhere from 5' x 5' to 10' x 30', which provides solutions for many customers' personal storage issues. Customers can store small items, like boxes and a bike, to larger scaled solutions including large furniture like beds, couches and dining tables. These units are offered in both indoor and outdoor facilities.

Reasonably Priced

Pricing is a big issue when choosing a storage unit provider. CubeSmart offers reasonable pricing for their units. For a standard 10' x 10' unit, customers will be looking to spend around $90.90 a month. CubeSmart also provides flexible month to month rentals if storage needs change.

Climate Control

Another feature CubeSmart offers is climate control units. These units are temperature controlled to protect them from weather and extreme temperature. The storage facilities are indoor and ensure belongings are safe and protected. Many personal and valued belongings like photographs and instruments are recommended for climate control units. These units allow customers to feel their secure are secure.

Additional Supplies

CubeSmart also offers additional moving supplies, like boxes, tape and padding, for customers to purchase. Customers can also purchase locks for their storage units as well.

The Bad

• Lack of security features
  • Limited gate hours
  • Storage facility upkeep

Lack of Security Features

CubeSmart offers little to no information about security features at each of their storage facilities. Besides a lock that goes on individual units, we could not find any information about additional security. We would like to see more information about their security measures in addition to individual unit locks. We believe customers shouldn't have to worry about having belongings harmed or stolen when using a storage unit.

Limited Gate Hours

While each storage unit may offer different gate hours, the most common seems to be open Monday to Sunday, 6AM to 10PM. Other top facilities offer 24 hour service, allowing customers access to their units whenever is convenient for them. We believe customers should be allowed access to their belongings when they want to and not be limited to hours set by the storage facilities.

Storage Facility Upkeep

CubeSmart does not offer any unit upkeep for its' customers'. Storage facilities are not inspected and regularly cleaned. Other top rated companies provide clean and regularly inspected facilities for customers.

The Bottom Line

CubeSmart provides a variety of storage units ranging in size to accommodate all types of customers. Whether you need a small unit for some personal items or a large unit if you are looking to store furniture, CubeSmart has options. However, there lack of security features and limited facility upkeep, leaves us to recommend looking at other storage unit companies first. Other companies will be able to offer more in terms of protecting your possessions.

D. Livingston Dallas, TX

My husband & I rented a space in Dallas today. We were very impressed with Cubesmart, the first thing we noticed was how clean and nice the office was decorated. Then I noticed ALL the security cameras up on the wall behind the desk. Total I counted 36 monitors. The gentleman who helped us was Ranko M “what a nice man”. He was very helpful on getting us the right size storages we needed. There was a lady working there as well and she was so friendly. I highly recommend this storage to anyone. It’s off of Harry Hines Blvd. In Dallas, Tx.

Mrs Austin Easley, SC

I have been with cubesmart for over a year and I've had the pleasure of meeting alot of team members that have moved on to other locations but Hailey and Austin have been awesome team player's that have been there to help me out and now I've had the pleasure of working with Jackie over the phone her customer service is great and she's a joy to talk to everyone that cross paths with her will have a wonderful experience. I hate to see Hailey go but she's got an awesome staff at this location.

Michael

I like their website that give us the opportunity to reserve and when i get there, they have all ready for me and see the storage room before I put my account down. They did offered me to have a moving truck but the little bad part is they dont know how to deal with deaf friendly over the phone they made for me like can you able to hear on the phone.. that is like mm no.

Monai West Queen Creek, AZ

Used a few years ago when we were moving to Hawaii. Loved that they dropped cube on our driveway, gave us a couple days to load and then we could store it at their facility until we were ready to ship.

Roger Dale Medford Granbury, TX

I have never had a greater experience in my life. Sherry R was both proffessional and very sensitive to my needs in a very difficult time. Every question was answered and every neeeed met. Thank you Cube Smart for your valuable assistnce and your role in helping the community.

Lauryn Jackson Yonkers, NY

Professionalism, polite, helpful, and very pleasant to work