Central Self Storage offers storage facilities in 10 states across the country. The company offers decent pricing, facility security measures, and moving supplies. Unlike many other companies, however, Central Self Storage does not offer a moving truck, and the access hours are not as long as others in the industry. Overall, the company is just average and doesn't really stand out in a crowded industry of national and local storage companies.

U-Haul chevron_right
Public Storage chevron_right
3.8
Extra Space Storage chevron_right

The Good

• Security measures
  • Moving supplies
  • Regular unit inspection
  • Climate controlled units

Security Measures

One aspect many consumers think about is: "How safe will my possessions be in a storage unit?" The experts at Central Self Storage know this and have equipped every facility with video surveillance cameras as well as electronic gate access. In addition to these standard security features, the company also offers unit locks for customers to purchase. These things can give consumers the peace of mind about the safety of their property.

Moving Supplies

Like many companies in the industry, Central Self Storage offers moving supplies to customers for purchase. The types of moving supplies available include various sized boxes, moving kits, mattress bags, sofa covers, bubble wrap, tape, rope, and more. Having these items on location can eliminate the need for consumers to spend time tracking them down at various stores.

Regular Unit Inspection

Consumers concerned about the quality of the storage facilities will be pleased to hear that Central Self Storage ensures that all facilities are inspected regularly to confirm the safety and security. For some people, that might not be a big deal, but it certainly adds to the level of customer service the company shoots for.

Climate Controlled Units

Storing things such as artwork, fine textiles, electronics, and plants can be risky if the climate is not appropriate. For this reason, climate control is important for many consumers that are worried about the effect of the elements on their possessions. Central Self Storage offers climate controlled units to allow customers to set the right conditions in the unit to prevent damage from coming to at risk belongings.

The Bad

• Undisclosed unit information
  • Limited access hours

Undisclosed Unit Information

The company does not disclose what kind of units are offered. Are they indoor, outdoor, or does the company offer both? We weren't able to find anything and would rather not make any assumptions. Additionally, the company does not disclose whether or not it will reimburse you for any unused time on your unit.

Limited Access Hours

The ideal for access hours is 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. That way, in case you remember you need something very important in your storage unit in the middle of the night, you'll be able to go and get it. Unfortunately, in our research, we found that Central Self Storage has one of the smallest windows for access hours among the reviewed companies with facilities being open from 7:00 am to 9:00 pm.

The Bottom Line

The bottom line is that Central Self Storage has some great features as well as some average ones. If you're looking for security, available moving supplies, and a convenient location, Central Self Storage would be an option to consider if you live near a facility. It is also worth noting that the units are regularly inspected, which may be important to some. However, if you're looking for the best deal at the best price, we would recommend looking into the top rated companies before proceeding.

1.0

Mark Kaiser
July 11th, 2017 Phoenix, AZ

BEWARE!! I was robbed!!! I rented a 5x10 storage unit. 3 days later I returned to put more into the unit. I found the lock gone and the unit emptied out. The manger had NO answers for me. She said she checked the other units around mine and they were all fine. I was told all I could do is call THEIR insurance company (which I did NOT get) and call the police and file a report (which I did). When I asked about surveillance tape I was told the narrow corridors which house the smaller sized units do NOT have cameras!! So by the end, all I got was a small “sorry about that” which didn't go very far for my college age daughter who lost most of her college dorm room materials. Don't trust a place even though it is gated and has surveillance cameras.