Founded in 2017, Remote.com uses machine learning technology to connect more than 2.5 million professionals with remote and freelance jobs that suit their skills, experience, and personality traits. The site is completely free for freelancers and job seekers to use. Employees can choose between basic, premium, and elite job listing services to promote their listings.

Aerotek chevron_right
2.4
Randstad chevron_right
2.5

The Good

• Affordable Services
  • Premium Job Post Features
  • Elite Placement Program
  • States Serviced

Affordable Services

Remote.com is completely free for freelancers and job seekers. In most cases, it is also free for employers, unless they want to use the site’s premium features. There are no upfront costs, no monthly costs, and no contracts. It is free to post a basic job post, which includes a listing for 30 days, a company profile, basic AI-powered outreach, and basic recruiting tools. The cost for hiring a freelancer on Remote.com is 10% of the project cost, paid with secure escrow payments.

Premium Job Post Features

For $295, recruiters can access Remote.com’s premium features including an advanced search engine, candidate contact information, the candidate’s desired compensation, and ten times the exposure and applicants.

Elite Placement Program

The company’s full-service recruiting program is free to join, with custom pricing due only after a hire is made. In this program, employers work with a dedicated recruiter to source and identify optimal candidates for a position. This includes a consultation during which the employer can identify and share with the recruiter his or her desired attributes or qualifications that the search engine might not catch. Employees who use Elite Placement only interview the top 5 percent of candidates, make a hire in four weeks or less, and are ensured a 90-day satisfaction guarantee on each hire. Remote.com recruiters review candidates and provide feedback, schedule vetted interviews, and check provided references to save the employer time and energy.

States Serviced

Remote.com is accessible to job seekers and recruiters in all 50 states, Washington, D.C., and the Virgin Islands.

The Bad

No Background Checks

Employers should be aware that “Remote.com does not inquire into the backgrounds of its users or attempt to verify the statements of its users” as stated in the Terms of Service. The hiring party is responsible for conducting background checks, reference checks, or other due diligence deemed necessary before a hire. The exception to this is Remote.com’s Elite Placement Program; with this option, a Remote.com recruiter will check references for the employer.

The Bottom Line

Remote.com provides excellent value to both job seekers and job recruiters at no cost and charges fair pricing for its advanced features. It’s also notable that job referrals are incentivized, so your job is promoted organically when users refer your job to others. This company may be young, but its vast membership and advanced artificial intelligence make it a top competitor among staffing agencies.

Daniel Radcliffe
August 2nd, 2018 Richmond, VA

Remote.com is hacking and stealing all your contacts and then ILLEGALLY soliciting them to join by impersonating your identity and solicite your friends with your stolen identity as the invitee. SUE THIS COMPANY NOW!

Terri
May 4th, 2018

I hired a contractor to help me with a rather large project, I did not know what to expect but the system does match you with potential candidates based on the qualifications needed. There is also a messaging app so you can contact people and discuss the work before agreeing to anything, so that gave me peace of mind. Everything has been pretty easy to use so far.

Zoe Patrick
May 3rd, 2018 Brooklyn, NY

When I first joined I was skeptical as the reviews are mixed, but in all honesty I have had the best experience with Remote.com. I was in search of new freelance opportunities, and for more stable work. I had received an invite from a friend a while back that I had ignored but gave in and I am glad I did, because I got a long term remote position with in my first week on this website.

Jonas Perry
March 23rd, 2018 Brooklyn, NY DETAILS

I have been working remotely for many years now and I have used many different sites for full time and contract work, many have their pros and cons. Remote however has been the easiest for me to use, they have updated the site a bit since they first launched and they really have the users in mind. They also have responsive reps to help you if needed. I have recommended this place to many friends and colleagues and they all agree.

Ginny Lewis
March 21st, 2018 Seattle, WA

I left a similar agency over a dispute with a contract hire, so I was unsure if I wanted to hire someone remotely. I tried out this site and my worries are all gone, it's simple to use, and there are a lot of ways to protect yourself from people not doing their end of the contract.

Marion Simon
March 12th, 2018 Los Gatos, CA

I was referred to the site by a former colleague and decided to join. The site offers the ability to highlight skills experience and any former or current projects. Immediately upon completing my profile I was receiving notifications of potential jobs, many of which were perfect matches for me. I was hired pretty quickly and the contract and payments have run pretty smooth compared to other sites I have worked with. I am really impressed with them and recommend Remote as a go to site if you are looking into remote working.

Timothy Perlman
March 7th, 2018 San Jose, CA DETAILS

I had to hire a designer to update my site and was told about Remote.com, the site itself is really sleek and easy to use. I was paired with a great designer and paying her through their site was pretty easy as well.

delia martin alves
January 12th, 2018 Daly City, CA

I hired my web designer using them and the experience has been painless. Try them.

Sarah Adams
January 11th, 2018 San Jose, CA

I joined Remote.com since I was recommended to the site by a friend, and since using the site I have been really happy. Its easy to use, there are a lot of jobs posted everyday and I didnt need to pay to join so that was a definite plus.

Joe lang
December 11th, 2017 San Jose, CA DETAILS

I recently joined Remote.com and was matched with a decent amount of clients looking to hire. The site is easy to use and profiles are easy to personalize and manage. Very please with them so far.