Randstad

Randstad Logo

7.6

Randstad

Randstad services over 70 countries with 130k annual permanent hires.

Started in 1960 by Frits Goldschmeding, Randstad has grown into a staffing powerhouse. They are the third largest staffing organization in the United States and are a $22.9 billion global provider of HR services. Randstad provides job seekers with temporary, temporary-to-hire, and even permanent job solutions.

Since they offer a variety of staffing solutions, Randstad has the ability to put 100,000 individuals through its network of more than 900 branches and client-dedicated locations. They currently employ 5,300+ recruiting specialists. Randstad can be found in 39 countries, representing more than 90% of the global HR services market.

Randstad is one of the top providers in the following staffing solutions:

• Outsourcing
  • Staffing
  • Consulting and projects
  • Workforce solutions

Today, Linda Galipeau works as the CEO (in North America). The company diligently works to help find job seekers land a job that fits their skills and interests. They also focus on creating a diverse workplace and stress the importance of corporate social responsibility.

The Good

• Training
  • Specializations

Randstad trains all of their recruiting experts to ensure that they understand how to properly place individuals in positions that will benefit on participating parties. Randstad has created a relatively easy process for job seekers to identify positions that are of interest. After uploading a resume, the staffing consultant responsible for filling that position will reach out and see if it is a right fit.

Staffing specialists want to make sure that those they hire have the skills and knowledge necessary to succeed. The company specializes in a wide-range of industries to help as many potential job seekers as possible. Randstad specializes in the following industries:

• Engineering
  • Finance and accounting
  • Healthcare
  • Human resources
  • IT
  • Legal
  • Manufacturing and Logistics
  • Office and Administration
  • Pharma and Sales
  • Marketing

Communication between the job seeker, companies, and Randstad is also one of their greatest assets. Job seekers can set up "job alerts" which will provide notifications directly to your email inbox with job results matching your desired qualifications. Employment specialists are also very good at keeping job seekers and the hiring company in the know when it comes to scheduling and decision status.

In addition to providing staffing solutions, Randstad is also a leader in the HR services market. In July of 2008, Randstad acquired Vedior. This acquisition made Randstad the second largest HR services provider in the world.

The Bad

• Business model
  • Disappointed job seekers

Even with years of experience and a number of resources, there are still aspects of Randstad's business model that create a cause for concern. Since they are so large, job seekers have stated that they felt somewhat "lost in the shuffle" after expressing interest in a particular position. That being said, it could be that the individual was simply not qualified. Other common complaints from job seekers and current Randstad employees include:

• Limited work/life balance
  • Difficult to be promoted to upper management
  • Mostly temporary positions
  • Lack of stability

While Randstad does place people in jobs in specialized industries, most job seekers were disappointed in the types of jobs they qualified for. For instance, there are several jobs within the call center ranks that seem to dominate the job boards. For those who are interested in finding a long-time career, Randstad can help, but should not be the only resource you depend on to get hired.

The Bottom Line

Randstad has provided staffing and HR solutions to a number of companies and benefited thousands of individuals over the last half a century. They have grown their agency to become a staffing and human resource powerhouse throughout the world. For those hoping to get a job through Randstad, a simple online process is required to be completed:

• Create an online profile
  • Upload a resume
  • Express desired job qualifications
  • Consistently updated profile and look for available jobs

Randstad will do a great deal on their end to put the right people in the right jobs. That being said, there will be times an individual simply does not qualify and so they may get passed over for a desired position.

2.9

Alayna Stanislav
August 29th, 2018 South Saint Paul, MN

Terrible experience dealing with Katie Y at the Minneapolis office. She is the type of person that will rudely and forcefully yell at you if you are sick and can't show up even one day at an assignment. I heard she did this to multiple people at the Wells Fargo office where I worked, so much that people were afraid to call in and would come in to work incredibly sick. I can understand needing employees to show up on a regular basis - every company does, this is not an unusual requirement. But to begrudge poor sick people, with no health insurance, working her crappy temp jobs for very little pay, a day or two of sick leave out of years of faithful work? What does this say about the company? I would give zero stars if I could.

Cathy
August 29th, 2018 Wilmington, DE

I have applied for several jobs with this company. I am qualified for the jobs according to disruption, but no one has gotten in touch with me. I tried email but was told I have to talk to the office, I left message and no calls me back. Not sure what the problem is.

Michelle Carbo
July 31st, 2018 Miami Beach, FL

Big thank you to Valerie at Randstad for helping me find my dream job. I was starting to lose hope, but thanks to Valerie and all her efforts to help me find exactly what I wanted. I would highly recommend Randstad to anyone who needs help seeking employment. I am very pleased!! Thank you Valerie! You're amazing !!!!

Andre Pinheiro
July 2nd, 2018 DETAILS

I enlisted Randstad's Outplacement & Career Counseling service in October 2017, when it became clear to me that the position I had then would not last long. The Randstad consultant took a look at my résumé and said "we should have a career change by the end of the year". I replied "I'd be happy if it happened by the end of 2018's first quarter". So they sent me the bill, which obviously I had to pay (over 600€) and reviewed my CV in detail. They advised me to upgrade my cv a bit, and provided me with some documents "for me to know myself better". I then had about 6 more meetings with the consultant, some in Randstad's local office, and some via Skype, in which we both went through job portals like Indeed.Com. For the offers presented by Randstad itself, the consultant tried to find out if an application was worthwhile. It's now been 3 months since the last I heard about the consultant. I now have no job, and 600€ less then I had before. The reason why I gave more than 1 star is because the service is probably good for 2 types of candidate: - One that never applied for a job and doesn't know how to do it; - Low-skilled workers, for which offers are more common; For skilled workers or people looking for higher management or executive levels, the service is totally useless and a waste of money.

Vanessa
June 28th, 2018 Dallas, GA

I worked with the recruiter Cassidy G. Cassidy called me after finding my resume on Monster. From that point, things moved so fast. Tuesday: called me to discuss an opportunity Wednesday: called to schedule interview for Thursday Thursday: 1st provided me feedback. 2nd call scheduled interview with HR manager. I am sure that I should start my new job real soon. Thank you, Cassidy. Your are awesom

gustavo klemp correa
June 14th, 2018

One star because I could not give zero. Stay away from them. They are scams. I am waiting for money to be paid, but they keep pushing me around. I am not the only one, loads of workers have been scammed by Randstad.

Habiba
April 24th, 2018

The worse company ever. They waste your time and they are very unprofessional . They juge you over a game test. They don't even bother to have a conversation with you over the phone. If you want to waste your time and effort, well Randstad is the company to go

Sharon W.
February 1st, 2017 Knoxville, TN

The Tower at Morgan Hill had the pleasure to work with Alex N in their help in finding a property manager. Alex is a very warm, genuine, enthusiastic gentleman. He goes above and beyond in helping employers seek employees. My experience was great and will reach out to him again in the future! Sharon W.

Perry
February 15th, 2016 Houston, TX

Found a job on their site. Interviewed and accepted all within a couple of weeks. The pay isn't great but other than that I can't complain.

phillip
February 15th, 2016 Houston, TX

interview took forever and the benefits aren't that great. They keep a lot more than you realize.

Rachel
February 15th, 2016 Houston, TX

The recruiter was really nice and helpful during the interview process. I have a job that I like thanks to her.