Randstad Logo
Started in 1960 by Frits Goldschmeding, Randstad has grown into a staffing powerhouse. They are the third largest staffing organization in the United States and are a $22.9 billion global provider of HR services. Randstad provides job seekers with temporary, temporary-to-hire, and even permanent job solutions. Since they offer a variety of staffing solutions, Randstad has the ability to put 100,000 individuals through its network of more than 900 branches and client-dedicated locations. They currently employ 5,300+ recruiting specialists. Randstad can be found in 39 countries, representing more than 90% of the global HR services market. Randstad is one of the top providers in the following staffing solutions:
  • Outsourcing
  • Staffing
  • Consulting and projects
  • Workforce solutions
Today, Linda Galipeau works as the CEO (in North America). The company diligently works to help find job seekers land a job that fits their skills and interests. They also focus on creating a diverse workplace and stress the importance of corporate social responsibility.

The Good

• Training
  • Specializations
Randstad trains all of their recruiting experts to ensure that they understand how to properly place individuals in positions that will benefit on participating parties. Randstad has created a relatively easy process for job seekers to identify positions that are of interest. After uploading a resume, the staffing consultant responsible for filling that position will reach out and see if it is a right fit. Staffing specialists want to make sure that those they hire have the skills and knowledge necessary to succeed. The company specializes in a wide-range of industries to help as many potential job seekers as possible. Randstad specializes in the following industries:
  • Engineering
  • Finance and accounting
  • Healthcare
  • Human resources
  • IT
  • Legal
  • Manufacturing and Logistics
  • Office and Administration
  • Pharma and Sales
  • Marketing
Communication between the job seeker, companies, and Randstad is also one of their greatest assets. Job seekers can set up "job alerts" which will provide notifications directly to your email inbox with job results matching your desired qualifications. Employment specialists are also very good at keeping job seekers and the hiring company in the know when it comes to scheduling and decision status. In addition to providing staffing solutions, Randstad is also a leader in the HR services market. In July of 2008, Randstad acquired Vedior. This acquisition made Randstad the second largest HR services provider in the world.

The Bad

• Business model
  • Disappointed job seekers
Even with years of experience and a number of resources, there are still aspects of Randstad's business model that create a cause for concern. Since they are so large, job seekers have stated that they felt somewhat "lost in the shuffle" after expressing interest in a particular position. That being said, it could be that the individual was simply not qualified. Other common complaints from job seekers and current Randstad employees include:
  • Limited work/life balance
  • Difficult to be promoted to upper management
  • Mostly temporary positions
  • Lack of stability
While Randstad does place people in jobs in specialized industries, most job seekers were disappointed in the types of jobs they qualified for. For instance, there are several jobs within the call center ranks that seem to dominate the job boards. For those who are interested in finding a long-time career, Randstad can help, but should not be the only resource you depend on to get hired.

The Bottom Line

Randstad has provided staffing and HR solutions to a number of companies and benefited thousands of individuals over the last half a century. They have grown their agency to become a staffing and human resource powerhouse throughout the world. For those hoping to get a job through Randstad, a simple online process is required to be completed:
  • Create an online profile
  • Upload a resume
  • Express desired job qualifications
  • Consistently updated profile and look for available jobs
Randstad will do a great deal on their end to put the right people in the right jobs. That being said, there will be times an individual simply does not qualify and so they may get passed over for a desired position.

2.3

Alex Washington Phoenix, AZ

My name is alex Washington I quit working with this company for the last month i haven t been paid on time this company never answer their phone when you finally get a hold of anybody they can never answer your question they will say they're going to call you back you wont get a call back until days apart they're also disrespectful do not work with this company Express employment is the way to go

American Pillars Contracting, LLC. Batesville, MS

Fletcher Douglas, Staffing Manager, A HORRIBLE, VERY DISRESPECTFUL MANAGER with RANDSTAT, BARTLETT, TN. First, it seems that he stole the opportunity to make money from another employee. Not a good look from the manager! I spoke with this employee and was awaiting a response for hourly rates for skilled labor for my construction company. I needed Carpenters, Painters, Electricians, Plumbers and Floor labor to start. The first employee was a kind black gentlemen, who was very responsive, following up with me early this past Monday. I really wanted to work with him. However, by Tuesday, I'd received a call from Fletcher Douglas, Staffing Manager, who was pompous, arrogant and disrespectful; in that he'd ask me questions and as I was answering the questions, he consistently talked over me, getting completely ahead of the conversation. He introduced himself, but not as the manager, stating he's taking over the communication from the other employee. It didn't feel right, but I was finally able to get him to mute enough for me to tell him what I needed. As I awaited the detailed email response, from Fletcher Douglas, his quote was nothing close to what I told him I was wanting to pay and needed. I know industry standards, especially for Nesbit, MS which is where I needed to laborers. He (Fletcher Douglas, Staffing Manager) sent me a blanket quote sheet for all FIVE different skill sets, but none of the quotes identified which skill he was quoting me for. One of the quotes was as much as $7488.00 dollars but did not say if I'd be hiring an Electrician, Plumber, Carpenter, Flooring guy or Painter (By the way, another staffing company charged me less than $2000 for the total labor for all skill workers). This was a RED FLAG! As I read through the THREE separate quotes, they were simply templates that Fletcher Douglas, Staffing Manager sent me and not custom fitted for what I needed. For example painters won't get $20/hr, Electricians may. This generally means, that YOU'RE ABOUT TO GET RIPPED OFF! As a seasoned business man with over 27 years in the construction industry, I know a scam when I see one. FLETCHER DOUGLAS was attempted to SCAM ME! I responded to the quote, "I'M NOT INTERESTED, NOT THE LEAST LITTLE BIT". That should've been the end of it. But no, Fletcher Douglas, Staffing Manager, had to respond with sarcasm, stating, and I quote "I totally understand if the pricing is too much for you." What I informed him was, $7488 doesn't scare millionaires, we only want to be treated fairly. It's clear they're hurting for business. One could only imagine why, hmmmm. I'm the one looking to hire experienced workers. Randstad needs me a whole lot more than I need them! Too bad, he won't get that chance with me. What I didn't say is that I told him that we have no further need to communicate and not to write me again. He decided to violate my wishes and emailed me twice more. Therefore, he EARNED HIMSELF AND RANDSTAD, this transparent and very true review!. If you don't mind being disrespected and cheated out of your money, then Fletcher Douglas, Staffing Manager with Randstad, 7780 Highway 64, Suite 105, Bartlett, TN 38133 - IS YOUR GUY!. However, if you want to be appreciated and treated with respect, then RUN AS FAR AWAY FROM THIS GUY AS YOU CAN! IN FACT RUN AWAY FROM RANDSTAD STAFFING ANYWHERE YOU SEE THEM!

Donna Carriker Atlanta, GA

M. W is my contact at Randstad and I could not be happier. I have gone thru other temp agencies before but to have a company send me job postings that are available each week has really been a blessing for me. Finding a new job can be tough and extremely exhausting. M. Warren has assisted me in many ways through this process. The biggest thing is making sure that my resume shows my skill set for the type of job I was looking for so that employers will notice. He has kept in contact with me and kept me abreast of new listings I may be interested in. I appreciate Randstad for their hard work and dedication. It makes things so much easier as I continue looking for my next big adventure....D.Carriker

Roshani

The pierrefond branch has an amazing staff. I feel extremely lucky to have Received the help of Eva J. who was so understanding, professional and most importantly very caring. My advice to her boss is to please please offer her an upper position as she is very well deserved. I could recommend Eva J. a million times to whoever is in need of help for a job. She cares and follows up even afterwards, incredible!!!!!

Vanessa Dallas, GA

I worked with the recruiter Cassidy G. Cassidy called me after finding my resume on Monster. From that point, things moved so fast. Tuesday: called me to discuss an opportunity Wednesday: called to schedule interview for Thursday Thursday: 1st provided me feedback. 2nd call scheduled interview with HR manager. I am sure that I should start my new job real soon. Thank you, Cassidy. Your are awesom

Mondevu Douglasville, GA

I would give zero stars if I could. Do not even bother trying to get help with job hunting from these people, as they refuse to so much as contact you. Almost any other staffing agency is better. Here's my experiences: 04/29/2020 Received email from Trey R to pick an appointment for an interview. I was told to choose between 4/30 at 2pm, or 5/1 at 10AM. I chose 5/1 at 10AM, and requested information for where this interview was to take place. No digital option was offered or given. 05/01/2020 Emailed Trey R at 9AM, one hour before my scheduled interview. Recevied no response, and was given nowhere to go. At 10AM, I emailed and asked if someone else had been given the position and I was simply lost in the shuffle. Trey R gave a phone number to call, which I did, wanting to know if someone else had been chosen for the position. His number connected to a Randstad employee that was not Trey R, and I was told he was "busy." I left a message, and was ignored. 01/15/2021 Received an email from Ashley O confirming I had an appointment for an interview for a different job. I was instructed to pick a method and time for my interview, and I chose a phone interview on 1/17 at 10AM. When I received a confirmation email, I was told that she would call me. No other means of contact was given. 01/17/2021 At 8AM, I received an email and text reminder from Ashley O regarding my interview at 10AM. No phonecall was received. At 10:10AM, I emailed in response asking if we were still going to have the interview. No response. At 10:26AM, it became obvious that I was being ghosted again. Awfully convenient that Randstad's profiles do not allow you to delete or change your email. Company has gone way downhill, don't bother with them.

Allan Rouze Fort Worth, TX

They were prompt on a reply, then scheduled a phone/video interview the same day. Regardless of whether I get the position, Katie in Fort Worth was excellent to deal with very professional and informative regarding the position and the company that had the opening.

Michelle Carbo Miami Beach, FL

Big thank you to Valerie at Randstad for helping me find my dream job. I was starting to lose hope, but thanks to Valerie and all her efforts to help me find exactly what I wanted. I would highly recommend Randstad to anyone who needs help seeking employment. I am very pleased!! Thank you Valerie! You're amazing !!!!

Sharon W. Knoxville, TN

The Tower at Morgan Hill had the pleasure to work with Alex N in their help in finding a property manager. Alex is a very warm, genuine, enthusiastic gentleman. He goes above and beyond in helping employers seek employees. My experience was great and will reach out to him again in the future! Sharon W.

Elaine Washington Phoenix, AZ

I just would like to think Mikella and her co worker Latifah for all their hard work. They go over and beyond to place the right person for the right job!! I am very pleased with my (2) recruiters'.

Andre Pinheiro

I enlisted Randstad's Outplacement & Career Counseling service in October 2017, when it became clear to me that the position I had then would not last long. The Randstad consultant took a look at my résumé and said "we should have a career change by the end of the year". I replied "I'd be happy if it happened by the end of 2018's first quarter". So they sent me the bill, which obviously I had to pay (over 600€) and reviewed my CV in detail. They advised me to upgrade my cv a bit, and provided me with some documents "for me to know myself better". I then had about 6 more meetings with the consultant, some in Randstad's local office, and some via Skype, in which we both went through job portals like Indeed.Com. For the offers presented by Randstad itself, the consultant tried to find out if an application was worthwhile. It's now been 3 months since the last I heard about the consultant. I now have no job, and 600€ less then I had before. The reason why I gave more than 1 star is because the service is probably good for 2 types of candidate: - One that never applied for a job and doesn't know how to do it; - Low-skilled workers, for which offers are more common; For skilled workers or people looking for higher management or executive levels, the service is totally useless and a waste of money.

Jack Dickinson

The worst Agency I've ever had to deal with. Kept getting messages about invoices I had never submitted, so either they letting someone work with my details illegally or they have my details linked with someone else. Got sent a message saying there's work available for me but when I finally got through to the person responsible (Rosie from Leicester Branch) apparently I got a bad reference for a company that I had worked with previously a while back which was a pack of lies as I was always on time and present. (If the job has been fulfilled already just say! I'm a grown person). On the last communication with this Rosie I stated I believe this company is poorly managed and she was rude and hung up on me then moments later I received an email saying I had changed my email address to my online portal (which I did not) with Ranstad online portal in an attempt to block me out so I can't contact them about her performance. Not only is that illegal but a utter disgrace.

Kim D Norfolk, VA

Worked with Virginia Beach recruiter, Alyssa. She seemed very knowledgeable at first...but that didn't last. Met with her in person and she stated she would send me job descriptions for positions for which I was qualified. After a week, still no job descriptions. Finally she calls me regarding a job interview. Sends me the job description the day before the interview. I did research on the company at my end, and felt that I would not be a good fit and that I was overqualified. Unfortunately, I had to call her on the morning of the interview and cancel (remember, I didn't receive anything regarding the job until the DAY BEFORE THE INTERVIEW). She became incredibly nasty and condescending, stating that she had sent the job description a week earlier, and that I had plenty of time to review it. I called her out on her lie and she backed down. Talk about unprofessional!! I will NEVER work with her again... she seems more interested in hearing herself talk than working with a client.

CM Hopkins, MN

I’ve never had a chance to work with this company, usually because a recruiter will reach out and never say anything else. Recently it was the same thing. I applied for a job and I got an email saying Randstad was interested in talking to me about my experience. A week passed and I got another email stating that they wanted to schedule a time to call me I scheduled a time through an app they sent and a woman named Shelby contacted me that Friday to talk about a job opportunity. She said I was a great fit and she’d love to submit me, I had to make sure I could commute and so she told me to email her to keep her updated. I sent her an email, I never received a response I waited and wrote her today. Still not a word. Seems as if this company is filled with unethical people that lack character. Won’t waste my time applying or responding to anything they send me again.

SamIrian mcswain Tampa, FL

Had a problem with my check last week.i called michelle coleman.she say sorry for the inconvience.it will b. On your paycard tueday and it was thankz💯💯💯💯💯

Reviewer Middletown, CT

I write this as someone who uses them as a contractor, not an employee or job seeker. Similar to another review, these people are used in recruitment for positions and screening. Unfortunately, they do not take the time to study the company and are placed here without knowledge of business practices, or follow strict requirements (ex: if you need a license to perform a certain job, they have sent me people who did not hold one). I have also gotten similar complaints from applicants and stakeholders that they have blown off interview times, called at 2am or have never responded to applicants who are waiting. If you are considering if you should hire your own screener as opposed to this contractor, hire your own who will familiarize and care.

Toni Lexington, KY

WORST EXPERIENCE EVER. I went and applied for a job my best friend works at through the Lexington office with Alex. He got my application set up and everything and I just had to email him my birth certificate. I emailed this to him about 30 times and he claimed he wasn’t getting the email. I even made an entirely new email to see if anything worked. I had to eventually go to the office and I get there only for him to tell me that there are no more openings available when I applied TWO WEEKS AGO. I’m now having to go through my friend, who is a manager at this place, and the actual job itself to try and get a job. This agency is ridiculous and do not care to help you at all. Would not recommend and would give 0 stars if I could.

FARIA

Applied for a role, went in for an interview with the consultant Leah C in the Melbourne office. Did not even talk to me about the role that I applied for to get to that interview. She started talking about other roles. I asked her what about the role that I actually applied for, she said that it was gone! What? Lies. They advertise false jobs so they can bring candidates in to get their KPI! Anyway, she sent me to an interview at Oracle, well, firstly she gave me the wrong address to where the interview actually was. Wasted cab/uber money there. I got there 30 minutes prior. Then found out from the receptionist that the person that will interview me is actually in another office. Again wasted taxi/uber money. Got there eventually, sounded promising, but NEVER RECEIVED A CALL BACK! I emailed Leah C telling her how unprofessional she was from the beginning. I do not want that job that badly thank you very much! I have higher qualifications to what she chose for me! Thank god you did not call me back! My name is Faria Shah!!!! Yes, you can call me and ask me and I can tell you more about this and all the recruitment agencies they are all the same!

Alayna Stanislav South Saint Paul, MN

Terrible experience dealing with Katie Y at the Minneapolis office. She is the type of person that will rudely and forcefully yell at you if you are sick and can't show up even one day at an assignment. I heard she did this to multiple people at the Wells Fargo office where I worked, so much that people were afraid to call in and would come in to work incredibly sick. I can understand needing employees to show up on a regular basis - every company does, this is not an unusual requirement. But to begrudge poor sick people, with no health insurance, working her crappy temp jobs for very little pay, a day or two of sick leave out of years of faithful work? What does this say about the company? I would give zero stars if I could.

Ruth Troy Mills, IA

Took weeks to get to speak with the person about advertised jobs. Then weeks to get any job interview. Still advertising for the same jobs after a year. Not right to advertise for jobs that don't exist.

Justina Lugo Duluth, GA

I wish I could give this company NO starts! I worked with an agent named Jose M and he was great at first. I got my interview and NEVER GOT A CALL BACK! He went ghost and just would not respond. I feel CHEATED out of a great opportunity because I could have went with a different agency. Randstad doesn’t care about you at all. DO NOT submit with them!!!!!

Mikhail Kalendarev Syosset, NY

This company and their employee have no any attention to the customers. I sent several emails to my representative at Randstad to apply for opened job positions but never get any respond from him. When I contacted over the phone and ask what is going on - received answer - sorry I missed your emails. I sent email again and never get back a phone call or email replay.

Michael Kollman Orangeburg, SC

One star because I couldnt give a zero..Complete waste of my time..the position I applied for and hired for was not the position I was forced to do...now I am being given the run around over pay..3 weeks and still can't contact the office manager about this..they are avoiding my calls..the worst company I have ever seen..I will never recommend to anyone

Customer East Hartford, CT

They are contracted for the initial stages of hiring at one of the companies I work for. They all lack knowledge of the rules, culture people and reviews from applicants are often equally as disappointing. These are the initial people who applicants talk to and often time respect and staff behavior severely lacks. I wish it was not outsources. T Responses to applicants are not timely.

Cathy Wilmington, DE

I have applied for several jobs with this company. I am qualified for the jobs according to disruption, but no one has gotten in touch with me. I tried email but was told I have to talk to the office, I left message and no calls me back. Not sure what the problem is.

Habiba

The worse company ever. They waste your time and they are very unprofessional . They juge you over a game test. They don't even bother to have a conversation with you over the phone. If you want to waste your time and effort, well Randstad is the company to go

Rachel Houston, TX

The recruiter was really nice and helpful during the interview process. I have a job that I like thanks to her.

david felton

Not a company to use tbh Advertise jobs and when u apply .....nothing when u complain ...... Nothing just another run.of the mill agency one of the many certainly no better but possible worse than most

gustavo klemp correa

One star because I could not give zero. Stay away from them. They are scams. I am waiting for money to be paid, but they keep pushing me around. I am not the only one, loads of workers have been scammed by Randstad.

Perry Houston, TX

Found a job on their site. Interviewed and accepted all within a couple of weeks. The pay isn't great but other than that I can't complain.

Jon Lenoir, NC

Every time I fill out for any position y'all always consider someone else this is by far the worst place in my opinion.

phillip Houston, TX

interview took forever and the benefits aren't that great. They keep a lot more than you realize.

John Holland Fairfax, VA

They NEVER get back to you. They are just incompetent liars.