Adecco is one of the world leaders when it comes to providing comprehensive human resource solutions. They have over 31,500 employees that are spread throughout 5,000+ branches spanning across 60 different countries and territories worldwide.
Despite Adecco's size, they partner with small and mid-sized businesses as well as Fortune 500 companies. Their partners work in a variety of industries making it possible for a number of job seekers to find employment in an area they are qualified for. Adecco specializes in the following industries:
- Accounting and Finance
- Call center and customer service
- Creative and marketing
- Industrial and manufacturing
- Information technology
- Office, clerical and administrative
With more than 500 office locations across the country and worldwide, Adecco has the ability to connect 70,000+ candidates to the best job opportunities for their situation. Not only is Adecco a leader in the HR space as a whole, they are also leaders specifically in the staffing industry.
- Educational opportunities
- Hiring situations
- Trained staff
Adecco is known for preparing candidates and correctly placing them in positions that work for all involved parties. There are educational opportunities with Adecco and even additional benefits for qualified individuals.
Adecco has tried to overcome their reputation as a "temp" agency. In an effort to do so, they have started offering different forms of employment to those looking for employment. In addition to providing "temporary" employment, Adecco also provides the following hiring situations:
- Temporary-to-hire - try a position out while simultaneously earning a paycheck
- Direct placement - if you want security, Adecco has consistent solutions
- Temporary and contract - allows for flexibility in the work schedule
All recruiters and staffing specialists are trained and certified according to Adecco standards. Each representative understands the industry they are hiring for and knows what skills/qualities a candidate will need in order to succeed in a specific role.
Even with their partnerships and job listings, there are some questions surrounding Adecco's staffing services. With so many employees, it is no surprise that there will be complaints. That being said, a potential candidate should note these concerns and take them into consideration when using Adecco to find employment. Common complaints include:
- Difficulty being promoted to full time
- Misunderstanding of employment status (temporary or temporary to hire)
- Limited benefits
The Bottom Line
Adecco offers a wide range of services to employers and has connections to thousands of jobs worldwide for those seeking employment. The service is free to use when applying for a position. There have been complaints by employees placed by Adecco job seekers should be aware of. Adecco has made it relatively simple for job seekers to start looking for employment. They follow this simple three step online process:
- Select "Apply Now" on a job - if you are interested in a job, start the application process online.
- Enter Contact info - they will likely ask for your name, address, and phone number
- Upload Resume - simply upload your current resume and add your work experience and education to application