Adecco is one of the world leaders when it comes to providing comprehensive human resource solutions. They have over 31,500 employees that are spread throughout 5,000+ branches spanning across 60 different countries and territories worldwide.

Despite Adecco's size, they partner with small and mid-sized businesses as well as Fortune 500 companies. Their partners work in a variety of industries making it possible for a number of job seekers to find employment in an area they are qualified for. Adecco specializes in the following industries:

• Accounting and Finance
  • Call center and customer service
  • Creative and marketing
  • Office, clerical and administrative
  • Science
  • Transportation
  • Warehousing

With more than 500 office locations across the country and worldwide, Adecco has the ability to connect 70,000+ candidates to the best job opportunities for their situation. Not only is Adecco a leader in the HR space as a whole, they are also leaders specifically in the staffing industry.

Aerotek chevron_right
2.5
Remote.com chevron_right
Randstad chevron_right
2.4

The Good

• Educational opportunities
  • Hiring situations
  • Trained staff

Adecco is known for preparing candidates and correctly placing them in positions that work for all involved parties. There are educational opportunities with Adecco and even additional benefits for qualified individuals.

Adecco has tried to overcome their reputation as a "temp" agency. In an effort to do so, they have started offering different forms of employment to those looking for employment. In addition to providing "temporary" employment, Adecco also provides the following hiring situations:

• Temporary-to-hire - try a position out while simultaneously earning a paycheck
  • Direct placement - if you want security, Adecco has consistent solutions
  • Temporary and contract - allows for flexibility in the work schedule

All recruiters and staffing specialists are trained and certified according to Adecco standards. Each representative understands the industry they are hiring for and knows what skills/qualities a candidate will need in order to succeed in a specific role.

The Bad

• Complaints

Even with their partnerships and job listings, there are some questions surrounding Adecco's staffing services. With so many employees, it is no surprise that there will be complaints. That being said, a potential candidate should note these concerns and take them into consideration when using Adecco to find employment. Common complaints include:

• Difficulty being promoted to full time
  • Misunderstanding of employment status (temporary or temporary to hire)
  • Limited benefits

The Bottom Line

Adecco offers a wide range of services to employers and has connections to thousands of jobs worldwide for those seeking employment. The service is free to use when applying for a position. There have been complaints by employees placed by Adecco job seekers should be aware of. Adecco has made it relatively simple for job seekers to start looking for employment. They follow this simple three step online process:

1. Select "Apply Now" on a job - if you are interested in a job, start the application process online.
  2. Enter Contact info - they will likely ask for your name, address, and phone number
  3. Upload Resume - simply upload your current resume and add your work experience and education to application

1.0

ateeq
November 20th, 2019

Horrible time wasting experience with Adecco. Ive been dealing with a lady called Maisie from the housing team in the lambeth office and she is totally useless. Arranges an interview and then forgets to get back to you with their decision. after continuing chasing her she says oh the roles no longer available. I still show persistency understanding and patiency and ask her if she has any other roles she then says she doesnt. i then read out some new ones listed online and says ok yes ill put you forward. I am 10 years experienced in property management and find it so strange they have no interes in finding roles for candidates. I have also dealt with sadie who is also useless! and same for emma, emily and sarah. They really dont care. All they do is post fake jobs just to get your interest and when you do show interest they never get back to you despite being the perfect candidate. anyway they are unprofessional and incompetent. I will be taking this complaint further and send it to their clients in wandsworth. And Maisie turn up to work for a change! Ive had the worse experience with them. Stay away dont go near them

Michelle
October 2nd, 2019 Hatboro, PA

if i could give lower than 1 star i would. i have been with Adecco for a little over a year (only because the temp job i had switched temp agencies and they picked this god awful one). well i have been asking now for the past 6 weeks to get my 30 hours of sick pay paid out and keep getting the run around or just plain ignored by their staff. when you call their numbers they all say wrong extention and all employee hotline numbers are automated and you cannot speak with a live person. THEY ARE AWFUL! go with a different agency. you will regret signing up with these people!

PG
February 6th, 2019 Tampa, FL

On January 16, 2019, I applied via Adecco's website for a Customer Service job here in Tampa, with a large company that I always wanted to work for. When I received an email from one of their National Recruiters, Leonor R, asking me to provide a callback number so we could discuss the opportunity, I was very excited. This proved to be a big mistake. When she called me, the reception on her end of the phone line was unclear/distorted, and I struggled to hear what she was saying the whole time. This, within itself, should've told me something wasn't right. Since I was really interested in the position, and really needed a job, I entertained the call anyway. She went on to explain what the position entailed, went over my work experience, and made it sound as if I had a good chance at being hired. Also, she asked for my birthdate so she could create an Employee ID or Badge Number for me, in case I got the job. From there, she told me she would forward my resume to the company's hiring manager, said she would follow up with me on January 21, 2019 and asked me to do the same. So, I did my part and emailed her on that day, and asked if she heard anything from the hiring manager. I received no response from her for 3 days. I decided to call her, and she was unavailable, so I left her a voicemail. For the remainder of that week, into the following week, I got no response. I left her another voicemail on January 24, 2019, letting her know I've tried to reach her several times, to find out whether or not I'm still being considered for the position. Low and behold, a few hours later, she finally decided to call and email me. She was apologetic, and claimed that she had been so busy participating in some sort of "training". Although it sounded like she was lying, I gave her the benefit of the doubt. She assured me that my resume had not been rejected, and said she would contact the hiring manager to find out when he plans to interview candidates. Then, she told me she would definitely call me the following day, January 25, 2019, to let me know when interviews will be conducted. Well, today is February 1, 2019, and that call never came. I'm convinced, this woman was feeding me lies, and giving me nothing but the run-around. Back in the 90s and 2000s, Adecco was a very professional and upstanding employment agency, that really went out of their way to help those who were having trouble finding work. My family and I used to recommend them to everyone. Now, I realize they've hired a new breed of cold hearted, incompetent individuals that do not care about those of us who have bills to pay, and are in desperate need of a job. I will never recommend, or trust Adecco or any other job agency again.....

Myrna vasquez
October 31st, 2018 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS

Adecco was a horrible experience for me. They treat you like you're their slave and not only that when ever possible they keep some of your hard earn money, and when you question them about it, they get really abset always giving you the run around. Very bad agency to work for!

Erica Dickens
March 30th, 2018 Tallahassee, FL

Racist people who work in this location. Especially Jerry. He's known for pushing out good black employees for his white counterpart kids. Laurie accused me of being someone else back in 2005 and called me off an assignment at CHP to provide my ss card and DL. Even after it was inspected, she still dismissed me and hasn't allowed me to come back. Racist company with clowns in office

Damir
January 2nd, 2018

Recently I had two phone interviews with Helen and Mensud from Brisbane. I was told I will be contacted in the next few days. While few days passed, I received an email, that I will be contacted by end of last week. That didn’t happened and till today I still haven’t heard from Helen. In a mean time, I missed two job opportunities, while I was waiting for their response. Very unprofessional for such a big company. As a recruiter, I can’t believe that there is no communication whatsoever, when that should be the main priority.