Zenernet is focused on perfecting the experience of going solar, and hundreds of positive reviews are testament to that focus. Zenernet's mission is to "Accelerate Energy Independence for All", and the company pursues that goal by making home solar easy, financially accessible, and risk-free for homeowners of all kinds. With Zenernet, customers will enjoy an informative and pressure-free consultation process, as well as get a system that's backed by industry-leading warranties and paired with innovative technology to help customers get even more value.

The Good

• No-Pressure Consultations
  • High Quality Equipment
  • Lengthy Warranties
  • Innovative Technology Package

No Pressure Consultations

With Zenernet, the process begins with a personalized, no-pressure consultation, during which customers will collaborate with a Zenernet representative on the design and features of their system. They'll be able to make decisions on the type and placement of panels and other components, making for a system that's uniquely theirs.

High Quality Equipment

Zenernet offers a variety of high quality solar panel and inverter options, including panels manufactured by Trina, Silfab, Solar World, Hanwha, Canadian Solar, Panasonic, LG, Solaria, Hyundai, and Jinko, and inverters produced by SolarEdge, Enphase, and SMA. With such a wide array of panel and inverter brands to choose from, customers can be confident that they will receive a built-to-last solar energy system that fits their needs and budget.

Lengthy Warranties

Each Zenernet solar PV system comes with a 25-year workmanship warranty, which covers the labor and installation, as well as a 25-year equipment warranty, which covers system components such as the panels and inverter. These are some of the lengthiest warranties offered in the solar industry.

Innovative Technology Package

With each system, Zenernet includes an innovative technology package designed to help customers get the most value possible from their system. In addition to solar monitoring through Sense Solar, Zenernet offers Sense smart home technology, which monitors home energy consumption down to individual appliances and devices, making it easy to reduce consumption and increase the percentage of usage offset by the system. Zenernet also has a generous, unlimited referral program that pays customers to help their friends and neighbors go solar. Best of all, it's all found in one place: the Zenernet Advocator app.

The Bad

Limited Availability

Zenernet operates in Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Illinois, Kansas, Louisiana, Missouri, Nevada, Texas, Utah, and Wyoming, which means that consumers who live elsewhere will not be able to take advantage of the company's services.

The Bottom Line

Zenernet is a solar energy company that is highly focused on serving and providing value for its customers. The company offers a variety of high quality equipment options, lengthy warranties, and a helpful customer homeowner portal. If you live in Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Illinois, Kansas, Louisiana, Missouri, Nevada, Texas, Utah, or Wyoming, Zenernet is definitely worth looking into.

Zenernet Frequently Asked Questions

How does going solar with Zenernet work?

Zenernet is focused on making the process of going solar easy and stress-free. Our sales process is entirely remote — our consultants will not need to come to your home. We start with a no-pressure consultation to educate you and answer all your questions about going solar. Then, we’ll work with you to design a system that looks and performs the way you want it to. We’ll discuss pricing and financing options and evaluate your expected return on investment. Once we reach an agreement, we’ll schedule your home visit and installation. Nothing to it!

How much does a solar energy system from Zenernet cost?

Zenernet is relentlessly committed to driving down the cost of going solar. Our mission is to Accelerate Energy Independence for All, and we know the best way to do that is to make the numbers add up for more homeowners considering going solar. Our prices are competitive and transparent — we won’t waste your time with unnecessary markups and haggling over nickels and dimes.

What solar panels does Zenernet use?

Zenernet has access to almost every panel on the market. Our approach is hardware agnostic — rather than selling on a recognizable brand name, we evaluate the market and the customer’s needs to find the best fit possible. This way, we can ensure great performance at a great value, for every customer. However, if you have a specific panel model or manufacturer you prefer, we can source it for you to use in your system.

What happens if something breaks or goes wrong with my solar system?

Zenernet offers some of the strongest warranties in the industry. We offer a 25-year workmanship warranty that covers both your system and your roof against any material defects or damages caused by installation for 25 years. We also use hardware and panels with strong manufacturer’s warranties. In the unlikely event you experience a problem with your system, you can rest assured it will be covered by warranty with Zenernet.

How long does it take for Zenernet to install panels?

In most markets we operate in, we can have a system installed within 30–45 days. However, installation timelines vary by location and season and can take longer in some circumstances. We’ll always be transparent with expected installation timelines, so you won’t have to deal with any surprises.

Does Zenernet offer solar monitoring?

Yes, Zenernet includes standard solar production monitoring so you’ll be able to keep tabs on your system’s production and monitor trends over time. In addition, Zenernet offers Sense* smart home technology, an innovative consumption monitoring technology that provides insight into how you consume energy, right down to individual appliances. This can help you be more efficient in your home energy usage and get even more value from your system.

*Sense is not available in all cases — ask your Zenernet energy consultant for more details

How many states is Zenernet in?

Zenernet is active in 16 states: Arizona, California, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Idaho, Illinois, Kansas, Massachusetts, Missouri, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, South Carolina, Rhode Island, Texas, and Utah.

We continually look for opportunities to expand, so if you don’t see your state on the list, check back soon!

Brandon

April 29th, 2019 Glen Ellyn, IL

Zenernet was highly professional throughout the sales process. I am a tough customer in the sense that I take my time and have many questions so I can fully understand before I decide to buy. I had multiple discussions with Greg (my salesperson) asking complex, challenging questions, many of which to understand the different systems, buying options, incentives, contract terms and installation implications. Greg was knowledgeable, patient, engaged and responsive and a key reason for my final decision. We chose Zenernet against multiple competitors and couldn't be happier with our decision. At this point, I'm very impressed and look forward to getting my system installed. I would definitely recommend Zenernet.

Apr 29, 2019

Thank you for the great review Brandon! Greg is a true solar professional, we're lucky to have him on our team. We look forward to working with you on your solar project - please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or need any support.

R. Pettit

April 29th, 2019 Kaysville, UT

While I ended up with a more local company. Zenernet was very professional, knew their stuff, easy to talk to.

Apr 29, 2019

Thank you for the review, we appreciate you giving us an opportunity to earn you business. Congratulations on going solar, you're going to love it!

Dee Mcallister

April 25th, 2019 Yorba Linda, CA

I was contacted by a representative of Zenernet after expressing an interest in solar for my home. Our representative Heather, was positive, informative and very cooperative in listening to my concerns & finding solutions for them. I looked up Zenernet as a company & found they were highly rated. Even tho my husband & I decided not to put in solar now for personal reasons, I think Zenernet is a responsible company to deal with. Anyone considering solar should at least see what Zenernet has to offer. Thank You

Apr 25, 2019

Dee, thank you for the wonderful review. We're sorry we can't help you with solar at this time, but let us know if there's any way we can help you, or your family and friends with solar.

James

April 25th, 2019 Boise, ID

I had my initial and follow up meeting with Greg L from Zenernet. Greg did a great job of walking me through their product as well as the type and size of system they thought I needed. I still have a few more solar providers to talk to at this point but was impressed with my initial meeting. Greg was very transparent in the assumptions of energy costs going forward that they factored into their proposal and even worked with me to modify those assumptions based upon my specific energy provider.. I appreciated his honesty and professionalism. Still on the fence whether this makes sense for me yet.

Apr 25, 2019

James, thanks for the great review. We're lucky to have Greg on the Zenernet team, he's always looking for ways to go above and beyond for his homeowners. Let us know how we can support as you do your solar research. We're happy to help in any way.

Cristina M. Feldt

April 25th, 2019 Carol Stream, IL

We are very impressed with Heather M. She takes the time to answer any and all questions we have and is very knowledgeable of the product. With Heathers help we know we are buying the best from the best company in the Illinois area.

Apr 25, 2019

Cristina, thanks for the great review!! Heather is a great teammate - we're lucky to have her on the team. Let us know if you have any questions on solar or need any other support with your project.

Book

April 19th, 2019 Buffalo Grove, IL

Heather explained everything to me. Why she pick the size and what equipment would be used and where it would be placed on the roof. The first house picked was not my house. I guess the house search was off by one.

Apr 19, 2019

Book, thank you for the great review. We always double check to make sure we get the right home and the right design for you. Let us know how we can help you along your solar journey!

W

April 19th, 2019 Union City, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I feel ripped off. I was told they were going to give me the specific model of panels that I wanted by the rep, so I went with them. Instead I am stuck with the same model all other companies said could get.

Apr 19, 2019

W, I'm sorry to hear you're having a tough experience with solar however it appears that you are confusing us with another solar provider. We don't have anyone in our installation network that matches your name and location - and when it comes to equipment, one of our many strong points is that we provide exactly the make and model of equipment that our homeowners request from us during the process of going solar. We would love the opportunity to help if at all possible. Please call us to discuss ways we might be able to support you and help you have a better solar experience: 855-672-2922

Mark

April 11th, 2019 Machesney Park, IL

Heather and Jarrett were very professional superb communicators and thoroughly know solar panel business. They are very responsive to my questions and explain things well. I wouldn't hesitate to use zenernet because of their professional assistance.

Apr 11, 2019

Mark, thank you for considering Zenernet in your search for solar. And thank you for the great review!

Jefferson

April 5th, 2019 Bellaire, TX

Heather did a great job explaining how solar works.

Apr 06, 2019

Thank you for the great review Jefferson. We are very lucky to have Heather on board at Zenernet! Let us know how we can best continue to serve you.

Adam P

April 5th, 2019 Saratoga Springs, UT

Great first experience! They spend an hour and a half explained how solar works and answering tons of questions I had about their system and the company. I’m a technical person so I had a lot of questions. Thank you so much for the great service.

Apr 06, 2019

This is great feedback Adam. Let us know how we can continue to support you with your solar decision.

Richard Manwaring

April 5th, 2019 Temecula, CA

Overall, very pleased with company abd staff. Decided on different provider, but it was very close.

Apr 06, 2019

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to earn your business. Congratulations on going solar, you're going to love it!

Lisa P

April 5th, 2019 Copiague, NY

Very knowledgeable and not pushy. I ultimately decided not to move forward at this time and Joe understood.

Apr 06, 2019

Thank you for letting us know Lisa. Please let us know when you're ready to pick up the solar conversation again, we'd be happy to help out.

Michael D Reed

April 2nd, 2019 Rochelle, IL

It was like going to a great class on solar systems and solar energy in general! I learned more in this one conversation than all the reading and talking I had done previously, and I've been looking a while.

Apr 04, 2019

Thank you for the wonderful review Michael. And thank you for the opportunity to help you go solar!

Hanif Vohra

April 1st, 2019 Milpitas, CA

Best Customer Service and the best product. Definitely we’ll give business again and again

Apr 04, 2019

Thank you Hanif! We truly appreciate your business and will continue to support you in any way possible.

LEON HORTON

April 1st, 2019 Livingston, CA

I talked with Mark learned a lot , would recommend him and Co. To friends and neighbors Seems very up on the product and services that are offered . Am looking forward to moving forward with the project. LEON HORTON

Apr 04, 2019

Leon, thanks for the great review! We are looking forward to helping you power your home with sunshine!!

Keith S

March 27th, 2019 Manhattan, KS

The presentation was very professional and Mark answered all of my questions

Mar 28, 2019

Thank you Keith! Let us know how we can support with your solar decision - we're happy to help!

Allen Rubenacker

March 27th, 2019 Island Lake, IL

Our talk was very informative you had an answer for all my questions. I felt very at ease talking to you it was like talking to someone I had known for a long time. You made sure I understood everything before going on to the next faze. I will definitely recommend you to others that are interested in going solar. Allen Rubenacker

Mar 28, 2019

Allen, thank you for the great review and the great recommendation! We'd be happy to help any one of your friends or family members who are curious about solar. Thanks!

Tom D

March 26th, 2019 Algonquin, IL

The sales rep, Joe, was responsive to my questions. I had no problems with him or Zenernet.

Mar 26, 2019

Hello Tom, thank you for the review! If there is anything we can do to help you go solar please let us know.

Peter

March 26th, 2019 Oakland, CA

I just agreed to proceed with Zenernet after I did a lot of research over an extended period of time and received a number of proposals for a project to install solar panels on my 100+ year old house, upgrade my electrical service, install an EV charger and put on a new roof. I chose Zenernet because they were very patient answering all my questions, are very transparent about their process, and connected me with the local installer who will do the work (who also recommended a local roofer) , which provided me the confidence that I needed to proceed with the quality work I hope will ensue. And their cost estimate is very competitive. Greg L, the salesperson is very nice, follows up on everything, and is persistent but not pushy. I will provide another review once the project is done as we both have a lot invested in making sure that the project goes well.

Mar 28, 2019

Thank you Peter! We are thrilled to have you on board with Zenernet. Let us know how we can support during the installation phase.

Maureen C

March 26th, 2019 Olathe, KS

I was very impressed with their knowledge, enthusiasm, and professionalism! I am very glad we decided to go solar.

Mar 28, 2019

Thank you Maureen for the wonderful review!

Mike Chartier

March 22nd, 2019 Scottsdale, AZ

Greg did a great job explaining everything and being responsive to all my questions

Mar 23, 2019

Mike, thanks for the great review!

Betsy

March 20th, 2019 East Aurora, NY

My experience with Zenernet was so informative and helpful. Together we looked at my house and garage, and considered a variety of possibilities. Due to the many mature trees blocking the sun, panels would be less cost effective for my residence. I was so grateful for Deanna's knowledge, interest in my needs and honesty. My experience could not have been more positive. Thank you!

Mar 20, 2019

Thank you Betsy for the wonderful review. We're sorry we couldn't help you go solar at this time because of the trees, but keep us in mind for the future. Or if you have friends or family members looking in to solar, let us know. We'd be happy to help!

Logan Forbis

March 20th, 2019 Olathe, KS

Working with Mark and Zenernet was easy and informative which was exactly what I was looking for. Solar is a new idea to me and it was presentated in a very understandable and professional manner. Highly recommended.

Mar 20, 2019

Thanks Logan for the review and the great recommendation.

kjc

March 18th, 2019 Westford, MA

Overall the support has been very good. Deb F is very helpful. There were a lot of glitches which required some debugging on my part however. The inverter was not properly configured, the sense device didn't work as advertised and needed some tweaking. The good news is it can all be done remotely so we got through it.

Mar 18, 2019

Thank you for the review kjc, we appreciate your patience as we resolve the monitoring issues. Once corrected we believe you will really enjoy the additional monitoring and services our solar systems come with! Thank you for choosing Zenerent for your solar needs!

Nancy K

March 18th, 2019 Lee's Summit, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Zac , Chad & Deb were great to deal with. Very attentive to our questions and requests. We love our solar panels! Highly recommend Zenernet!

Mar 18, 2019

Thank you for the review Nancy, it was great working with you and Leon! If you ever need anything please let us know!

Tara Miller

March 18th, 2019 Liberty, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I couldn't believe how easy it was to go through this process. Chad and Zac answered all my questions for me and made us totally at ease about going solar. I would highly recommend Zenernet. They kept us up to date through the whole process. Thanks, Zenernet

Mar 18, 2019

Thank you for the review Tara, we really appreciate your business!

Robert Quijada

March 15th, 2019 Round Lake, IL

Mark was of great help, he explained the process from the beginning to the end and each of the steps that was going to take place. it was a good experience as I did not know what I was getting into.

Mar 20, 2019

Thank you Robert for the great review. Let us know how we can continue to help you through the solar process.

Steve Johnston

March 14th, 2019 Livermore, CA

Great experience - Very knowledgeable about product.

Mar 20, 2019

Many thanks Steve for the great review. Let us know how we can be of service!

Todd Bolton

March 14th, 2019 Charlestown, RI

Mark S was direct and informative when talking about Zenernet's product and professional respectful in his manner.

Mar 20, 2019

Thank you Todd for the great review. We're lucky to have Mark on board. Please let us know how we can continue to help you along your solar journey!

Rafael Rojas

March 14th, 2019 Walnut Creek, CA

The experience was very pleasant and professional, the seller was a person who knew very well the subject of the solar system, very clear and easy to understand.

Mar 20, 2019

Rafael, thank you for the review! We appreciate your feedback.

Thomas Vorbeck

March 4th, 2019 Foristell, MO

My experience was outstanding the person I talked to had a great depth of knowledge.

Mar 20, 2019

Thank you Thomas for the review - we greatly appreciate it!

David Faulk

March 4th, 2019 Menifee, CA

Deanna, knowledgeable and very helpful. Pleasant to speak to you.

Mar 20, 2019

Thank you for the review David!

Neil

February 28th, 2019 Tucson, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The panels are overpriced for the performance that they provide and the service is not very good. I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone unless they want to punish themselves for the bad experience.

Feb 28, 2019

Hello Neil, we are extremely sorry to hear about your experience but our records show you did not go solar with us. I think you have us mistaken for another company. Regardless, we would love to help you out and correct any issues you have even though you purchased your solar from a different company.

Garcia

February 26th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They did not comply with the agreement, in time, in quality etc.

Feb 26, 2019

Hello, we are very sorry to hear about your experience and would love the opportunity to make it right. It is very rare that we hear this kind of feedback but want to make sure we do everything in our power to improve your experience!

David Breshears

February 26th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Solid product and professional service! Couldn't be happier.

Feb 26, 2019

Thank you for the review Dave, we truly appreciate you being a customer of Zenernet!

John Bohannon

February 25th, 2019 Mojave, CA

Deanna was very friendly extremely informative answered any questions I had made sure I was completely comfortable .I would feel totally comfortable recommending these guy

Feb 26, 2019

Thank you for the review John, we really appreciate it!

Bruce Heller

February 20th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Everyone one that I have come in contact with has been extremely professional and supportive. The installation of the panels and other related equipment was done without any issues.

Feb 21, 2019

Thank you for your review Bruce! We're thrilled to have you on board with us here at Zenernet and are excited to help you power your home with sunshine!!

Paul Beck

February 20th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They were honest and up front with everything. Not high pressure. Installation crew was superb!

Feb 21, 2019

Thank you for the great review Paul. Please let us know how we can continue to support you with solar - we're always here to help!

Fidel Bernal

February 19th, 2019 Hemet, CA

Very informative and educational reps. Explained in detail all the hardware , the types, brands, cost and warranty on all equipment. Definitely stand out from other solar companies that only explain the loan, cost and tax credit.

Feb 21, 2019

Many thanks Fidel for the great review. We're looking forward to working with you!

Ronnie

February 14th, 2019 Tehama, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have been primarily working with Jarrett from Zenernet and my overall experience has been great. He has shown patience in my times of indecision and is prompt when I have a question regarding my solar. This company doesn't just put the equipment on your roof and abandon you. They say they are with you through the life of your loan and they mean it!

Feb 21, 2019

We're excited to have you on board and powering your home with the sun Ronnie! Please let us know how we can continue to be of service to you.

Nathan

February 11th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Terrible. the guy on the phone tried selling me something without providing a salesperson to come and visit and look at my house. The seller made mistakes after mistakes and laugh way too much at I don't know what. I wasted my time.

Feb 12, 2019

Hello Nathan, thank you for the feedback, we will use this review as an opportunity to improve the service we deliver. We are very sorry to hear about your experience with us and would love another opportunity to earn your business.

Sean

February 11th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very kind made me feel like I was the only customer when I was talking to them

Feb 12, 2019

Thank you for the review Sean!

Nicole

February 11th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Outstanding customer service and impeccable follow through.

Feb 12, 2019

Thank you for the review Nicole!

Robert

February 11th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My journey to solar panel installation started with a trip to Costco. I've seen solar panel companies promoting their products at Costco for years. At that Costco trip, I decided it was time. I made an appointment with the Sunrun representative at Costco. He gave me a great presentation at my home. I decided to follow the Chinese truism of never completing a sale without having 3 quotes so I made some inquiries online and found 6 to 8 solar panel companies. They were all competitively priced. I decided on Solar Optimum and Zenernet at the end for their superior warranties. Solar Optimum was slightly better priced than Zenernet, but I trusted the Zenernet representative Greg and liked his professionalism. I decided to use both companies for my two properties. The installation process with Zenernet was smooth like silk. The installation process with Solar Optimum was a little glitchy. After I've had a complete experience with both companies, I decided to use Zenernet once again for my third property. I have no hesitation to recommend Zenernet to anyone who wants install solar panel on their roof.

Feb 12, 2019

Thank you for the review Robert and giving us another opportunity to install solar for you! We really appreciate your business!

Mike Peraza

February 11th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Easy process and great communication. Everything was done in a timely manner as agreed from the beginning. Im extremely satisfied.

Feb 12, 2019

Thank you for the review Mike!

Wendy

February 8th, 2019 Hermosa Beach, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Anything that we needed addressed during the installation process and since then, they have been very responsive. We had a couple of snags during installation but they were addressed. We haven't had the system very long and everything seems to be going well.

Feb 11, 2019

Thank you for the great review Wendy! We are thrilled to help you power your home with the sun. Let us know if there is anything we can continue to do to help you with your system.

Fred

February 8th, 2019 Wildomar, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They were responsive to all of my requirements and anything that went wrong they were right there to fix.

Feb 11, 2019

Hi Fred, thank you for the review, we are excited to have you on board! Please let us know how we can continue to serve you. And congratulations on powering your home with the sun!!

Myron

February 8th, 2019 San Jose, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Everyone I have been in contact with has been responsive, courteous, and provided information.

Feb 11, 2019

Thank you for the great review Myron!

Roberto

February 8th, 2019 Seekonk, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They are willing to answer all questions and attend to the customer.

Dec 12, 2018

Thank you for the wonderful review Roberto! It has been great working with you and we look forward to helping you power your home with sunshine!

Daniel

February 8th, 2019 Surprise, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They provide great customer service and give you all the information you need. I did have to keep going back to get something resolved, but they immediately reacted to any issues I had.

Feb 11, 2019

Hello Daniel, thank you for your review. And congratulations on going solar! Please let us know if there is ever anything we can do to support with your Zenernet system - we're always here to help.