Zenernet is focused on perfecting the experience of going solar, and hundreds of positive reviews are testament to that focus. Zenernet's mission is to "Accelerate Energy Independence for All", and the company pursues that goal by making home solar easy, financially accessible, and risk-free for homeowners of all kinds. With Zenernet, customers will enjoy an informative and pressure-free consultation process, as well as get a system that's backed by industry-leading warranties and paired with innovative technology to help customers get even more value.

The Good

• No-Pressure Consultations
  • High Quality Equipment
  • Lengthy Warranties
  • Innovative Technology Package

No Pressure Consultations

With Zenernet, the process begins with a personalized, no-pressure consultation, during which customers will collaborate with a Zenernet representative on the design and features of their system. They'll be able to make decisions on the type and placement of panels and other components, making for a system that's uniquely theirs.

High Quality Equipment

Zenernet offers a variety of high quality solar panel and inverter options, including panels manufactured by Trina, Silfab, Solar World, Hanwha, Canadian Solar, Panasonic, LG, Solaria, Hyundai, and Jinko, and inverters produced by SolarEdge, Enphase, and SMA. With such a wide array of panel and inverter brands to choose from, customers can be confident that they will receive a built-to-last solar energy system that fits their needs and budget.

Lengthy Warranties

Each Zenernet solar PV system comes with a 25-year workmanship warranty, which covers the labor and installation, as well as a 25-year equipment warranty, which covers system components such as the panels and inverter. These are some of the lengthiest warranties offered in the solar industry.

Innovative Technology Package

With each system, Zenernet includes an innovative technology package designed to help customers get the most value possible from their system. In addition to solar monitoring through Sense Solar, Zenernet offers Sense smart home technology, which monitors home energy consumption down to individual appliances and devices, making it easy to reduce consumption and increase the percentage of usage offset by the system. Zenernet also has a generous, unlimited referral program that pays customers to help their friends and neighbors go solar. Best of all, it's all found in one place: the Zenernet Advocator app.

The Bad

Limited Availability

Zenernet operates in Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Illinois, Kansas, Louisiana, Missouri, Nevada, Texas, Utah, and Wyoming, which means that consumers who live elsewhere will not be able to take advantage of the company's services.

The Bottom Line

Zenernet is a solar energy company that is highly focused on serving and providing value for its customers. The company offers a variety of high quality equipment options, lengthy warranties, and a helpful customer homeowner portal. If you live in Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Illinois, Kansas, Louisiana, Missouri, Nevada, Texas, Utah, or Wyoming, Zenernet is definitely worth looking into.

Zenernet Frequently Asked Questions

How does going solar with Zenernet work?

Zenernet is focused on making the process of going solar easy and stress-free. Our sales process is entirely remote — our consultants will not need to come to your home. We start with a no-pressure consultation to educate you and answer all your questions about going solar. Then, we’ll work with you to design a system that looks and performs the way you want it to. We’ll discuss pricing and financing options and evaluate your expected return on investment. Once we reach an agreement, we’ll schedule your home visit and installation. Nothing to it!

How much does a solar energy system from Zenernet cost?

Zenernet is relentlessly committed to driving down the cost of going solar. Our mission is to Accelerate Energy Independence for All, and we know the best way to do that is to make the numbers add up for more homeowners considering going solar. Our prices are competitive and transparent — we won’t waste your time with unnecessary markups and haggling over nickels and dimes.

What solar panels does Zenernet use?

Zenernet has access to almost every panel on the market. Our approach is hardware agnostic — rather than selling on a recognizable brand name, we evaluate the market and the customer’s needs to find the best fit possible. This way, we can ensure great performance at a great value, for every customer. However, if you have a specific panel model or manufacturer you prefer, we can source it for you to use in your system.

What happens if something breaks or goes wrong with my solar system?

Zenernet offers some of the strongest warranties in the industry. We offer a 25-year workmanship warranty that covers both your system and your roof against any material defects or damages caused by installation for 25 years. We also use hardware and panels with strong manufacturer’s warranties. In the unlikely event you experience a problem with your system, you can rest assured it will be covered by warranty with Zenernet.

How long does it take for Zenernet to install panels?

In most markets we operate in, we can have a system installed within 30–45 days. However, installation timelines vary by location and season and can take longer in some circumstances. We’ll always be transparent with expected installation timelines, so you won’t have to deal with any surprises.

Does Zenernet offer solar monitoring?

Yes, Zenernet includes standard solar production monitoring so you’ll be able to keep tabs on your system’s production and monitor trends over time. In addition, Zenernet offers Sense* smart home technology, an innovative consumption monitoring technology that provides insight into how you consume energy, right down to individual appliances. This can help you be more efficient in your home energy usage and get even more value from your system.

*Sense is not available in all cases — ask your Zenernet energy consultant for more details

How many states is Zenernet in?

Zenernet is active in 16 states: Arizona, California, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Idaho, Illinois, Kansas, Massachusetts, Missouri, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, South Carolina, Rhode Island, Texas, and Utah.

We continually look for opportunities to expand, so if you don’t see your state on the list, check back soon!

Wayne

August 13th, 2019 Lee's Summit, MO

Mike was fantastic. Very informative and showed me everything I needed to know about solar and never once did it feel like he was trying to just make a sale. Would highly recommend. Can't wait to spread the word! Thanks again, Mike!

Aug 13, 2019

Hey Wayne - great to hear! Our number one goal is to answer your questions and educate you on the prospect of going solar. Thanks for the kind words!

Antonio H Perez Jr

August 11th, 2019 Seguin, TX

I recently contacted Zenernet and spoke to Greg about acquiring solar panels with possibly battery back up for one of our homes. In my personal opinion, Greg is the best solar representative I've ever spoken to. Greg is informative and knowledgeable with ALL of my questions on both solar panels and battery back up. I have spoken to 4 other solar companies and have never received an honest/true answer about battery back up or its purpose. Greg listened to my questions and answered each one of them calmly and quickly. I look forward to receiving his proposal and am now curious to find out which finance company Zenernet uses, because I'm already pre-approved with 2 other.

Aug 12, 2019

Antonio, thank you for your amazing review. Let us know how we can help as you continue to shop for the right solar provider.

H. Holmes

August 8th, 2019 Sun City West, AZ

Heather was polite, patient and very professional. Made sure I was comfortable with all the information needed to make an informed decision.

Aug 09, 2019

Thank you H for the great review! We appreciate the feedback and look forward to further helping you with solar.

Mark King

August 1st, 2019 Litchfield Park, AZ

Heather was great, and the offer that they made was competitive.

Aug 09, 2019

Thank you for the review Matt!

Brad

July 30th, 2019 Rockford, IL

very informative, my representative from your company was very helpful and knew a lot about services that were offered by your company

Jul 30, 2019

That's great news to hear Brad - thank you for the feedback!

Margie

July 26th, 2019 Alsip, IL

Heather provided our presentation and was very informative. She answered all of our many questions.

Jul 29, 2019

Margie, thank you for the wonderful review. And let us know how we can continue to help you with your solar research!

Larry

July 23rd, 2019 Denville, NJ

Heather took the time to answer my questions and was very knowledgeable about the solar process. she explained everything wasn't pushy and was very helpful.

Jul 24, 2019

Thank you for the review Harry - we appreciate it!

Richard Coon

July 12th, 2019

Heather was very informative and addressed all of our questions. We felt she was knowledgeable and helpful throughout our conference call.

Jul 12, 2019

Richard, thank you for the great review! Let us know how we can help you with your solar project.

Dale and Lois Pontius

July 9th, 2019 Ridgeway, MO

The interview with Zenernet was very thorough, educational, informative and detailed. After thoughtful evaluation of our financial obligations and current situation, we decided not to proceed with a solar energy installation at this time. When we are ready to proceed with solar, Zenernet will be contacted. Thanks for your help. Dale and Lois Pontius, Ridgeway, MO.

Jul 09, 2019

Thank you for the review Dale and Lois - we'll be here to help when the timing is better for you to go solar!

Brad Hodgson

July 8th, 2019 Austin, TX

Mike has been super helpful so far presenting our options for solar and working with us to make sure we feel comfortable through the process.

Jul 09, 2019

Thank you Brad for the great review. We look forward to helping you with solar!!

Ryan

July 3rd, 2019 Phoenix, AZ

EDIT: The CEO reached out to me about my review, and set me up with Greg, who was significantly more helpful. Ultimately, I didn't qualify for financing, but this dedication to fixing a bad experience is what bumped my review up. My first communication with Kyle M was very reassuring. He was friendly and helpful. As I called on a Friday, he said he'd follow up with me on Monday to check out my options. I hadn't heard back from him that Monday, so I decided to followup on that Thursday to make sure to keep the ball rolling. I received a response from Kyle the following day stating that the person he had been talking to at my electricity provider had been out sick, and he was looking through their documentation for limitations, and scheduled a call with me that afternoon. He never made that call. This was one week after initial contact. Five days later, I emailed to followup and try to get us back on track, giving them the benefit of the doubt considering their exceptional reviews on this site. No response. Another five days later, I emailed again, informing them that I would go elsewhere if I don't receive a response. Still no response. So here we are, 20 days after initial contact on what should have been an easy sale, and I get an email from bestcompany.com asking me to review this company. I'm sure they have some happy customers, but if any of their sales reps are like Kyle here, I wonder how many more customers they COULD have considering how my experience suggests he just ghosts potential customers.

Jun 21, 2019

Ryan, we're very sorry to hear about the experience you've had thus far with Zenernet. Kyle is transitioning to a new role in our company and unfortunately, we dropped the ball with a couple of our homeowners as a result. Our CEO will be calling today to apologize personally.

George and Jane Heyman

July 1st, 2019 Mount Prospect, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We turned the key on our solar system three weeks ago. Zenernet has exceeded all our expectations in the design, installation, implementation, and monitoring of our system. Our consultant, Greg, guided us step by step to make sure we understood exactly what equipment we were getting and how much electricity our system would produce. Our project manager, Debra, walked us through the installation process, which only took a day and a half. JP made sure that all proper paperwork was filed. All three were available any time we had questions during every part of the process. Debra and JP also made sure that we understood the monitoring system, which has increased our awareness of our electricity use. We did a great deal of research and talked to several other companies before choosing Zenernet. Their warranty and service could not be beat. We are looking forward to a long relationship with them.

Jul 08, 2019

Thank you George & Jane for the wonderful review! We are thrilled to have you both on board and powered up with your new Zenernet system. Please let us know if you need anything moving forward - we're always here to support!!

Net Wing

June 24th, 2019 Discovery Bay, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The founder JP Gerkins went above and beyond for being the best in customer service and kindness. Our Solar's has not yet been installed. So far everything is fine. I trust that they will always be customer- focused and attentive to us, their customers not just at the beginning of our relationship but always. JP, Jarrett and Deborah are nothing but awesome. The price is the best in the industry. Look no further but get the Solar's from them.

Jun 26, 2019

Thank you Net for the great review! We're happy to have you on board with us and powering your home with sunshine!!

David

June 24th, 2019 Kissimmee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Excellent Customer Service, product and installation

Jun 26, 2019

Thank you David! We appreciate your review. Let us know if we can help with your system!

Falgun

June 18th, 2019 Schaumburg, IL

Zenernet sales person Heather explains every things in details, she is very customer friendly. Knowledge able

Jun 19, 2019

Thank you for the 5-star review Falgun and thank you for choosing Zenernet. We are lucky to have Heather on board with us!

Michael M

June 17th, 2019 Phoenix, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Zenernet isn't the first solar supplier I spoke with, but they were the last. I'd gotten a 'used car dealership' vibe from two prior vendors, and it was such a refreshing experience to talk to these guys and not have to put up with that at all. They were super knowledgable, and clearly confident in their solution (and service), but never pushy. I spoke with two sales people throughout my experience, and both were of the same caliber, so I feel confident that this is a cultural choice at the company, and not my own good luck from just having got the right guy on the line. Maybe the most impressive was the knowledge of the particulars of the solar market in my area. Rebates, the power company's shady on-peak/off-peak rules, and the local buyback of a system's overpoduction are different from region to region, and while these guys are based in Kansas City, their grasp of the hairy details here in Phoenix could've fooled me into thinking they were in AZ company. I'd definitely recommend giving them a chance if they serve your market. Thanks Zenernet.

Jun 19, 2019

Michael, thank you for the great review and feedback! We always try our best to arm our homeowners with the knowledge they need to make a decision that's right for them on solar. We hope you enjoy your solar system - let us know if there is anything you need!!

Richard Gahalla

June 14th, 2019 Schaumburg, IL

Kyle kept making time arrangements, and not keeping the time. He is not good or responsible, so zenernet gets a low rating for waiting my time.

Jun 14, 2019

Hi Richard, I'm sorry to hear about your experience with Zenernet thus far. Our leadership team just left a message for you - if there's an opportunity to speak with you and improve your experience, please reach back out to us. Thank you.

Brian Golden

June 14th, 2019

Heather, the energy consultant, realized quickly that my home is not in their area. Knowing that I could not be a customer, she still spent a considerable amount of time answering my questions and giving me advice. She gave me great comfort and encouragement for my pursuit of solar power.

Jun 14, 2019

Thank you for the review Brian! As soon as we are able to service your area, Heather will be back in touch with you.

Dip

June 14th, 2019 Schaumburg, IL

Very good customer service, quote, detailed information and explanation.

Jun 14, 2019

Thank you for the great review!!

Osvaldo

June 12th, 2019 Shorewood, IL

Very informative great service I spoke to them and all my questions were answered I was even informed of things I did not think of. Very good indeed I would definitely recommend them to many of my friends.

Jun 12, 2019

Osvaldo, thanks for the stellar review! We really appreciate the great feedback so keep it coming and let us know how we can help with your solar project.

Susan

June 12th, 2019 Katy, TX

Bailey answered all our questions about solar energy. I would enthusiastically recommend Zenernet to others considering green energy options and I did not feel pressured.

Jun 12, 2019

Thank you Susan for the wonderful review - we really appreciate it! And thank you for choosing Zenrenet!

Bren Sheriff

June 10th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

At this time I am still waiting for the installation of panels on my home. I would like to think that the delay in installation is attributable to the rainy weather, but this has not been confirmed by Zenernet.

Jun 11, 2019

Thank you for the review Bren and thank you for hanging in there with both the weather and the engineering phase of your project. Please let us know if you have any questions or need anything as we move forward. We're here to help in any way!

Greg Caniglia

June 10th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Too cumbersome of a process to obtain a quote. Then after the 30 minute interview they were the highest priced of 3 quotes

Jun 11, 2019

Greg, thank you for the feedback. We're sorry to hear about your proposal experience with us and will work to make it simpler for future homeowners.

Eric

June 4th, 2019 Rowland Heights, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The company is sincere and responds quickly, but they haven't started on anything yet.

Jun 07, 2019

Hi Eric, thank you for the review! We are looking forward to working with you and showing you what we can do. Our goal is to earn 5 stars from you when you have the opportunity to update your review. Thank you again and please let us know how we can best support you during your installation!

Pete

June 4th, 2019 Antioch, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Chose them for quality and price. I got Panasonic panels. They're very powerful and come with a 25-year guarantee. The company responds within a couple hours on any question I have.

Jun 07, 2019

Pete, thank you for the great review! We're excited to hear the feedback. Please continue to let us know how we can support during and after your solar project.

Lucas

June 4th, 2019 Independence, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It looks great and was installed rather smoothly. Zenernet has been there every step of the way and provided a lot of information as they go.

Jun 07, 2019

Thank you Lucas for the wonderful feedback! We're so excited to see your system get installed and go live!!

June 4th, 2019 Walnut, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They were the right price. The gentleman at Zenernet was right on the electric billing rate.

Jun 07, 2019

Thank you for the review! We look forward to helping you go solar!!

Pamela

June 4th, 2019 Oakland, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We're about halfway through the solar process. Zenernet is really hearing what I say and taking things as slowly or quickly as I want to go

Jun 07, 2019

Hi Pamela, thank you for the great feedback! Let us know how we can continue to support you during your solar installation - we're here to help!

Patricia

June 3rd, 2019 Payson, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The guy we talked to definitely had all the answers and convinced us to go with Zenernet. The customer service is very responsive.

Jun 03, 2019

Great to hear, thanks Patricia!!

Luis

June 3rd, 2019 Buffalo Grove, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They were thorough with the process and information that they were giving us. Every time we've reached out to them with questions, they've been quick with the reply. They've been pretty good with keeping us up to date.

Jun 03, 2019

Thanks Luis for the great review. Let us know how we can continue to support you during your solar installation!

Ron

June 3rd, 2019 Valencia, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Seem to be more honest and up front about what they were doing more so than many other companies. The support from Zenernet itself is good but follow up isn't. I'm still waiting for them to show up. They're pulling things from different suppliers and different parts of the country and perhaps the coordination could stand some re-evaluation.

Debra

June 3rd, 2019 Independence, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Zeneret was the best ones that explained and gave us details that I needed. They actually came to the house and showed us how much energy we're using.

Jun 03, 2019

Debra, thanks for the wonderful review!

June 3rd, 2019 Sun City, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very informative but they don't necessarily keep in touch with me as much as I would like. Not finished with it yet and we're still in the permit stage and I'd like to be kept informed on how things are going a little better.

Jun 03, 2019

Thanks for the feedback - this is very important for us in order to do better by you and our other homeowners in the future. Let us know if there is anything else we can support you with. Thanks!

Jack

June 3rd, 2019 Henderson, NV DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We get answers to our questions. The installation was very quick.

Jun 03, 2019

Thank you Jack for the great review!! Let us know how we can continue to support you with your new system!

Frank Kaimer

May 31st, 2019

I am selling my home in Calif. with solar.The installing company is out of business. My buyer wants info. on the system that I was not able to provide. No solar co. would help. Then a call to.Zenernet Solar Co.in Phoenix and my problems were over. Heather researched all the information on LG and Enphase to satisfy my buyer. I will be contacting Zeneret again as soon as I am settled in Mayer Ariz. Thanks to you Miss Heather

May 31, 2019

Glad we were able to help Frank. Please feel free to have the new homeowner contact us with any questions as well - we're happy to support if we can. And if you're looking to put solar on your new home, let us know. We'd love to provide you with a proposal. Best of luck to you!

G. Metzgar

May 29th, 2019 Bridgeview, IL

Bailey, the Customer Service Rep answered all of my questions, and followed up with a second email with more information to help me better understand the entire process and costs. I highly recommend Zenernet. I had also done research on this Solar Company prior to calling them and read great reviews from others as well.

May 31, 2019

Thank you for the great review G! We're glad we could be of help!!

Adam

May 29th, 2019 San Antonio, TX

Greg was a pleasure to talk to and answered all my questions. Walked me through the process and the different options I had to choose from.

May 31, 2019

Thanks Adam!! Let us know how we can be of service as you embark on your solar journey with us!

Elizabeth Bronzini

May 28th, 2019 Salt Lake City, UT

Bailey was kind to answer all our questions along the way. She took extra time to talk through different loan scenarios with us, as well as a cash option.

May 31, 2019

Elizabeth, thank you for the wonderful review!

eric r campbell

May 24th, 2019 El Mirage, AZ

Very informative on the phone.. answered all my questions..

May 25, 2019

Eric, thanks for the great review! Let us know how we can help you with your quest for solar.

Arnold kunst

May 24th, 2019 Sacramento, CA

The proposal was thorough and appealing. I only wish circumstances had allowed us to avail of it and, in the process, reduce our carbon footprint.

May 25, 2019

Hi Arnold, thank you for the review. Let us know when the timing is better for you to review solar with you - we'd be happy to help. Thanks again!

Cathy

May 17th, 2019 Lee's Summit, MO

Kyle helped us understand the benefits of solar. He was friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. I highly recommend Zenernet.

May 20, 2019

Thank you for the great review Cathy!!

Katherine Dreyer

May 16th, 2019 Layton, UT

Bailey was helpful, informative and professional.

May 16, 2019

Thank you Katherine for the great review!

Gena Curry

May 16th, 2019 Kansas City, MO

I was shopping for Solar Panels in Kansas City, MO. Greg from Zenernet came to my house and presented a great proposal. They really analyzed which systems would work with my property and gave a very competitive bid. If you are considering Solar Panels, I can confidently recommend you call Zenernet and giving them a shot at earning your business.

May 16, 2019

Gena, thank you very much for the review. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help as you review your solar options!

Stuart

May 10th, 2019 Rancho Mirage, CA

I thoroughly enjoyed my experience with their great representative Greg. He skillfully explained their products to guide me to a good choice for my newly purchased home at a very competitive price.

May 10, 2019

Stuart, thank you for the excellent review!! We're looking forward to the opportunity to help you go solar!!

Marc Perlman

May 9th, 2019 Glendale, CA

Hello, If my rating of Zenernet is directly related to my conversation with Deanna S, then you did not provide enough stars. All my questions were answered cleanly and clearly, if she didn't know something, she didn't make up some lame excuse or try to convince me otherwise. I learned more about Solar today than in any previous conversation with other company representatives. I immensely enjoyed watching the "connected" computer screen proposal and configuration of panels for my property. This gave me a chance to ask more questions and feel comfortable about my, ( or reccomended ) choices. Deanna, Thank you!! We will speak again.

May 10, 2019

Thank you Marc for the thoughtful review and feedback! It looks like we need to work on getting you some more stars for your review!!

Lorraine

May 9th, 2019 Las Vegas, NV

Heather was wonderful. Explained everything that was easily understood. She did a fantastic job with showing me all my options.

May 10, 2019

Thank you Lorraine for the wonderful review!! We appreciate the opportunity to help you with your solar research.

Adam

May 6th, 2019 Batavia, IL

Even though I did not purchase a system the consultation was very useful. Solar is just not for me at this time due to cost vs benefit

May 07, 2019

Thank you for the review Adam. We're sorry we can't help you with solar at this time, but keep us in mind for the future. Thanks!

LarrySandyEggo

May 2nd, 2019 San Diego, CA

Most comprehensive explanation of the solar systems available. Haven’t decided 100% yet on going solar but zenernet is my first choice.

May 06, 2019

Thank you for the wonderful review! And let us know what we can do to help you with your decision - we'd love to help you go solar with us!!

F Rivera

April 29th, 2019 Glendora, CA

Mark has been very helpful and upfront. Sent their proposal right away and entertained my questions in a very professional manner. Very honest and transparent in his correspondences.

Apr 29, 2019

Thank you for the review! And let us know how we can continue to help as you look for the right solar provider for your home.

Maria

April 29th, 2019 Tracy, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I feel like Zenernet took forever to complete my install. I was told my system would be on soon after install, but total time took over 100 days!

Apr 29, 2019

Maria, we're sorry to hear you're having a tough experience with solar, however it appears that you might be confusing us with a different solar provider. We don't have anyone in our installation network that matches your name and location. We would love the opportunity to help if at all possible. Please call us to discuss: 855-672-2922