Zenernet is focused on perfecting the experience of going solar, and hundreds of positive reviews are testament to that focus. Zenernet's mission is to "Accelerate Energy Independence for All", and the company pursues that goal by making home solar easy, financially accessible, and risk-free for homeowners of all kinds. With Zenernet, customers will enjoy an informative and pressure-free consultation process, as well as get a system that's backed by industry-leading warranties and paired with innovative technology to help customers get even more value.

The Good

• No-Pressure Consultations
  • High Quality Equipment
  • Lengthy Warranties
  • Innovative Technology Package

No Pressure Consultations

With Zenernet, the process begins with a personalized, no-pressure consultation, during which customers will collaborate with a Zenernet representative on the design and features of their system. They'll be able to make decisions on the type and placement of panels and other components, making for a system that's uniquely theirs.

High Quality Equipment

Zenernet offers a variety of high quality solar panel and inverter options, including panels manufactured by Trina, Silfab, Solar World, Hanwha, Canadian Solar, Panasonic, LG, Solaria, Hyundai, and Jinko, and inverters produced by SolarEdge, Enphase, and SMA. With such a wide array of panel and inverter brands to choose from, customers can be confident that they will receive a built-to-last solar energy system that fits their needs and budget.

Lengthy Warranties

Each Zenernet solar PV system comes with a 25-year workmanship warranty, which covers the labor and installation, as well as a 25-year equipment warranty, which covers system components such as the panels and inverter. These are some of the lengthiest warranties offered in the solar industry.

Innovative Technology Package

With each system, Zenernet includes an innovative technology package designed to help customers get the most value possible from their system. In addition to solar monitoring through Sense Solar, Zenernet offers Sense smart home technology, which monitors home energy consumption down to individual appliances and devices, making it easy to reduce consumption and increase the percentage of usage offset by the system. Zenernet also has a generous, unlimited referral program that pays customers to help their friends and neighbors go solar. Best of all, it's all found in one place: the Zenernet Advocator app.

The Bad

Limited Availability

Zenernet operates in Arizona, California, Illinois, Missouri, Kansas, Nevada, Massachusetts, New Jersey, and Texas, which means that consumers who live elsewhere will not be able to take advantage of the company's services.

The Bottom Line

Zenernet is a solar energy company that is highly focused on serving and providing value for its customers. The company offers a variety of high quality equipment options, lengthy warranties, and a helpful customer homeowner portal. If you live in Arizona, California, Illinois, Missouri, Kansas, Nevada, Massachusetts, New Jersey, or Texas, Zenernet is definitely worth looking into.

Zenernet Frequently Asked Questions

How does going solar with Zenernet work?

Zenernet is focused on making the process of going solar easy and stress-free. Our sales process is entirely remote — our consultants will not need to come to your home. We start with a no-pressure consultation to educate you and answer all your questions about going solar. Then, we’ll work with you to design a system that looks and performs the way you want it to. We’ll discuss pricing and financing options and evaluate your expected return on investment. Once we reach an agreement, we’ll schedule your home visit and installation. Nothing to it!

How much does a solar energy system from Zenernet cost?

Zenernet is relentlessly committed to driving down the cost of going solar. Our mission is to Accelerate Energy Independence for All, and we know the best way to do that is to make the numbers add up for more homeowners considering going solar. Our prices are competitive and transparent — we won’t waste your time with unnecessary markups and haggling over nickels and dimes.

What solar panels does Zenernet use?

Zenernet has access to almost every panel on the market. Our approach is hardware agnostic — rather than selling on a recognizable brand name, we evaluate the market and the customer’s needs to find the best fit possible. This way, we can ensure great performance at a great value, for every customer. However, if you have a specific panel model or manufacturer you prefer, we can source it for you to use in your system.

What happens if something breaks or goes wrong with my solar system?

Zenernet offers some of the strongest warranties in the industry. We offer a 25-year workmanship warranty that covers both your system and your roof against any material defects or damages caused by installation for 25 years. We also use hardware and panels with strong manufacturer’s warranties. In the unlikely event you experience a problem with your system, you can rest assured it will be covered by warranty with Zenernet.

How long does it take for Zenernet to install panels?

In most markets we operate in, we can have a system installed within 30–45 days. However, installation timelines vary by location and season and can take longer in some circumstances. We’ll always be transparent with expected installation timelines, so you won’t have to deal with any surprises.

Does Zenernet offer solar monitoring?

Yes, Zenernet includes standard solar production monitoring so you’ll be able to keep tabs on your system’s production and monitor trends over time. In addition, Zenernet offers Sense* smart home technology, an innovative consumption monitoring technology that provides insight into how you consume energy, right down to individual appliances. This can help you be more efficient in your home energy usage and get even more value from your system.

*Sense is not available in all cases — ask your Zenernet energy consultant for more details

How many states is Zenernet in?

Zenernet is active in these states: Arizona, California, Illinois, Missouri, Kansas, Nevada, Massachusetts, New Jersey, and Texas.

Zenernet is always looking for opportunities to expand, so if you don’t see your state on the list, check back soon!

bestcompany guarantee

Learn More

Dacia

February 13th, 2020 Peoria, AZ

No pressure sales approach that was very informative. The price was considerable lower than a competitor and the products used much better quality.

Feb 14, 2020

Great to hear Dacia - we're proud to stand out in price, products, and process!

Howard Fields

February 13th, 2020 San Francisco, CA

Quick, knowledgeable, great communication skills, no pressure, super helpful. Need more like Greg!!

Feb 14, 2020

Awesome Howard - glad you've enjoyed your experience with us!

Tim Bouseman

February 13th, 2020 Queen Creek, AZ

Received an informative presentation about solar potential.

Feb 14, 2020

Awesome Tim - let us know how else we can help!

Eddie

February 12th, 2020 Monee, IL

Mike was great in explaining everything I asked and got me up to speed on the project.

Feb 14, 2020

Thanks for working with us Eddie!

Sarah S.

February 12th, 2020 Oakland, CA

Mike M. really helped me understand solar and warranties. Thank you Zenernet.

Feb 14, 2020

Great to hear Sarah - let us know how else we can help!

Paul Hessler

February 12th, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Although initially i found it odd dealing with an out of state solar company for my future solar needs it soon became apparent that I made the right decision. Dealing with Greg from sales was an absolute pleasure. His calm demeanor and explanation of the process with his presentation made the process understandable. Greg, the company manager and the production team were all very helpful and attentive to my needs. I had a bit of a glitch with commumication in the scheduling phase, but the company owner stepped in and sorted things out. He understood the importance of proper communication the relationship between the customer and his company. And for that I was appreciative. Despite that, I highly recommend Zenernet for anyones solar needs.

Feb 14, 2020

Thanks for the thorough review Paul - glad you had a good experience all the way through. It's a team effort and everyone at Zenernet is committed to delivering the best experience in solar! Thanks for working with us.

Ronda Gillespie

February 12th, 2020 Mesa, AZ

Cordial, informative, enlightening, and Mike answered all our questions.

Feb 14, 2020

Awesome Ronda - glad we could help!

Dave M

February 12th, 2020 San Antonio, TX

Isa is a very professional and pleasure to work with.

Feb 14, 2020

Great to hear Dave - thanks for working with us!

Randy Smithwick

February 12th, 2020 Weatherford, TX

Very good , was polite, knowledgeable and wasn’t pushy I like that.

Feb 14, 2020

We'll never pressure our customers - thanks for working with us Randy!

Gregory Hines

February 12th, 2020 Chicago, IL

Customer service sales person was very nice and knowledgeable and explain everything.

Feb 14, 2020

Glad to help Gregory - thanks for contacting us!

Joseph

February 11th, 2020 Arkansas City, KS

Greg gave a very good presentation. It answered a lot of questions.

Feb 14, 2020

Great to hear Joseph - thanks!

Sharath Reddy

February 11th, 2020 Burlingame, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very nice and helpful! No one rushed me at all.

Feb 14, 2020

Thanks Sharath - glad to help!

jay lozada

February 9th, 2020 Valencia, CA

Very informative!! Useful info and basically gave me options that would help Me In my decision-making

Feb 14, 2020

Glad to help Jay - let us know if you have any further questions.

Dennis Knicklebine

February 8th, 2020 Snyder, TX

Answered all my questions about the solar panels and the services.

Feb 14, 2020

Glad we could help Dennis - thanks for reaching out!

Declan Wyrick

February 7th, 2020 Richmond, CA

Great sales/qualifying process with good questions about current usage, motivations for purchase with transparency about the best solution for the moment. A consultative approach instead of a transactional hard sale.

Feb 14, 2020

Glad you had a great experience Declan - we pride ourselves on being pressure-free!

Mike

February 7th, 2020 Columbia, MO

I’m glad I contacted Zenernet about my solar options. Heather has been such a huge help with my plans moving forward.

Feb 11, 2020

Great to hear Mike - let us know how else we can help!

Annette Curin

February 7th, 2020 Willowbrook, IL

I called Rayan for information on solar energy. He was amazing and very honest and truthful in everything he told me. Which made me make my decision easier. Thanks to him my anxiety to get solar panels is much less. I’m more confident now in making my decision about solar! Thank you

Feb 11, 2020

Awesome, Annette - helping homeowners reach a decision they're comfortable with is our top priority. Glad we could help you!

Rich Watts

February 7th, 2020 Phoenix, AZ

The company rates high and Mike was very forthcoming with all the + and _ of my install.

Feb 11, 2020

Great to hear Rich - thanks for working with us!

Timothy Ricks

February 7th, 2020 West Jordan, UT

Quick to respond and clearly answer all my questions.

Feb 11, 2020

Awesome, Timothy - let us know how else we can help!

Paul Salber

February 6th, 2020 Lunenburg, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Mike M was great... explained everything and was precise and punctual.

Feb 11, 2020

Great to hear Paul - thanks for working with us!

Tibor

February 6th, 2020 North Hills, CA

So far I have a great experience with Zenernet. my contact person Heather is a very knowledgeable, professional. She is very easy to talk to. She had answered all my questions no matter how many times I have called her.

Feb 11, 2020

Hi Tibor - glad to hear you've had a great experience so far! We're always happy to take your calls and answer your questions. Thanks for working with us!

Brian W.

February 6th, 2020 West Chicago, IL

Thank you Zenernet and Mike M for the phone meeting. I really think the educational presentation was cool. Looking forward to working with you!

Feb 11, 2020

Awesome, Brian - glad you found the process educational. Let us know how else we can help!

Tom Condi

February 6th, 2020 ,

I am interested in solar and Mike M made me feel comfortable throughout the entire process GO CHIEFS!

Feb 11, 2020

Great to hear Tom! Thanks for working with us and let us know how else we can help. Go Chiefs!

Richard

February 6th, 2020 Hurricane, UT

Knowledgeable crew, not pushy, nice to talk with

Feb 11, 2020

Thanks Richard - glad we could help!

Steven Carpenter

February 5th, 2020 San Antonio, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Looked at solar panels from multiple companies and found Zenernet to be the best. Greg was patient with all of our questions and gave my family the best deal by far. So glad we are getting solar panels from Zenernet.

Feb 11, 2020

Great to hear Steven! We work hard to give our customers the best experience in solar. Thanks for working with us!

PT22

February 4th, 2020 Glendale, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The Process of getting our solar panels could not have been more easy and thorough! From the presentation process (thanks Greg!) when we learned all about the product and how our home and the environment could benefit, to the seamless install it was done professionally and with constant contact from the project manager. Our questions were always answered immediately. Zenernet knows solar and I plan to refer to them to anyone who is even slightly interested. Thanks again!

Feb 11, 2020

We're thrilled you had such a great experience with us throughout the process! Thanks for choosing Zenernet, and we'll look forward to your referrals!

tom c

February 3rd, 2020 Rockland, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very informative and accommodating. Greg went above and beyond to address my concerns and even considered unique configurations/challenges for how best to suit my needs. Hoping to work with them in the future.

Feb 05, 2020

Awesome, Tom - we'll always help our customers find an ideal solution! Look forward to working with you.

Sdchargers707

February 3rd, 2020 San Francisco, CA

Hands down the best experience ive had during my search for a solar provider. Greg has been extremely helpful.

Feb 05, 2020

That's great to hear - we work hard to provide the best customer experience in solar!

Rebecca West

February 1st, 2020 Phoenix, AZ

Really appreciated the low pressure solar consultation from Mike M. We plan on discussing the proposal he created and going solar with Zenernet in 2020.

Feb 05, 2020

Awesome, Rebecca - we look forward to helping you go solar! Thanks for working with us.

Arnold

February 1st, 2020 San Bruno, CA

Mike is really nice the whole process. He is very patient going over each details with me

Feb 05, 2020

Great to hear Arnold - thanks for working with us!

Kj K

January 31st, 2020 Phoenix, AZ

Knowledgeable, good listener to my questions, excellent presentation, and able to accomplish changes quickly and explaining them.

Feb 05, 2020

Glad to hear! Let us know what else we can do to help.

Terri Hall

January 31st, 2020 Schenectady, NY

Your reps conduct their business by phone or email which is not personalized service...For someone like me I would much rather conduct business old school...face to face..A long document was sent to me for my signature via my phone and there were some sections I didn't understand and some that were different than the project I had discussed..I talked to your rep by phone and expressed my reservations informing him that I would continue to shop around therefore making null and void any previous discussions...He continued to call and text trying to swsde me to come on board with your company with tactics that I don't agree with including bad mouthing your competitors...This is not good business practice and I don't appreciate being harassed and coerresed...Your employees probably work on commissions and quotas and want to make sure that they get as many sales as possible but decorum and great customer relationships are paramount for the customer to feel comfortable with any company that they are dealing with....Thank you THERESA MURPHY HALL ☘️

Feb 05, 2020

Hi Terri - we appreciate you bringing these concerns to our attention. It's our policy to never negatively frame our competitors. In fact, as a mission-driven company, we hope that all homeowners are able to go solar and reap the benefits of doing so, whether with us or one of our competitors. Additionally, it is never our intention to pressure prospective customers. Our remote contact model, based on phone calls, text messages, and the like, is convenient in most cases, but we understand how those methods can come off as pressure tactics. We'll review our practices and how they were implemented in your case. We'd love to speak with you regarding your experience and hope we're able to alleviate your concerns. Thanks again for your feedback. -JP Gerken, Founder & CEO

Marshall Perry

January 31st, 2020 Austin, TX

Mike was awesome! Super helpful and knowledgeable

Feb 05, 2020

Great to hear Marshall - thanks for working with us!

Paola

January 31st, 2020 Anaheim, CA

Great communication regarding the exact process and entailment of the work to be done. Was given a very competitive quote with reliable LG solar panels and a great financing plan, Ryan was honest and great to work with, thank you for making it easy to choose the plan that best fits our lifestyle!

Feb 05, 2020

Glad you've enjoyed your experience with us Paola!

Karen Bowen

January 30th, 2020 Lakewood, CA

Mike explained things very well. He is personable and thorough. I told him from the beginning that I'm checking several companies and I appreciate that he didn't pressure me. We agreed that he can call me again next week. I am a person who takes a long time to make decisions so I appreciate that he didn't pressure me but made me feel comfortable.

Feb 05, 2020

Great to hear Karen - we certainly won't pressure you and look forward to helping you make a decision you're comfortable with!

[email protected]

January 29th, 2020 La Verne, CA

Mike M was very informative , gave us a lot of choices to make a good decision, unfortunately we preferred a company from our state. THANKS for everything Mike

Jan 29, 2020

Glad to hear you had a positive experience with us - congratulations on going solar!

Spencer Williams

January 29th, 2020 Lancaster, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great service!!! ISA is one of the most nicest people to help me.

Jan 29, 2020

Great to hear Spencer - thanks for working with us!

Jon Leach

January 29th, 2020 Nampa, ID

Ryan G showed honesty and integrity as we considered all options.

Jan 29, 2020

Thanks for working with us Jon - glad you've enjoyed the experience!

Bill Grand

January 28th, 2020 Greenwood Village, CO

Had a great experience with Mike M going over all my solar options. I enjoyed the low pressure proposal and am considering going solar with Zenernet!

Jan 29, 2020

Great to hear Bill - let us know how else we can help!

Larry Levine

January 28th, 2020 Chicago, IL

Had a great proposal experience with Mike M and plan on going solar with Zenernet before summer.

Jan 29, 2020

Awesome, Larry - we're excited to have you on board!

Michael Altobelli

January 27th, 2020 Murrieta, CA

Mike was extremely professional, he explained the process of buying a solar systems vs leasing, which it was more cost effective to own. I appreciate the details he presented. Much thanks. Mike Altobelli.

Jan 29, 2020

Glad we were able to provide useful information - thanks for working with us!

Margaret O

January 26th, 2020 Rockford, IL

Andrew was super informative and easy to talk to. My husband and I are still discussing the idea of going solar but I couldn’t have asked for a better person to explain the benefits then Andrew.

Jan 29, 2020

Great to hear, Margaret - let us know how else we can help in your decision-making process!

Matt M.

January 24th, 2020 Kansas City, MO

Mike was super helpful and informative while assessing my solar needs. I am definitely considering a long-term relationship with Zenernet.

Jan 29, 2020

We'd love to earn your business Matt - let us know what else we can do to help!

Drea F.

January 24th, 2020 Lee's Summit, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great customer service and amazing products! I highly recommend!

Jan 29, 2020

Great to hear Drea - thanks for working with us!

Ms Rollie

January 24th, 2020 Lee's Summit, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I absolutely loved the company! Nice doing business with them...would recommend

Jan 25, 2020

We're glad you enjoyed working with us - thanks for your business!

Jenise Isaak

January 24th, 2020 Independence, MO

Great service and informative! Definitely recommend!

Jan 25, 2020

Thanks Jenise - we appreciate your business!

Bianca VR

January 24th, 2020 Kansas City, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I recieved such great customer service. The work was completed in a timely

Jan 25, 2020

Thanks Bianca - glad we could help!

Megan Porter

January 24th, 2020 Kansas City, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Extremely easy to work with and very reasonable pricing!!

Jan 25, 2020

Awesome Megan - thanks for considering us!

Ross Evans

January 24th, 2020 Lenexa, KS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Heather was fantastic!! Would absolutely recommend!!

Jan 25, 2020

Great to hear Ross - thanks for working with us!

Angela Mattis

January 24th, 2020 Kansas City, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I spoke with so many solar companies and Zenernet was the most professional and informative! I’ll be referring them to everyone I possibly can!

Jan 25, 2020

Great to hear Angela! Thanks for working with us.