Sunrun

7.7

LAST UPDATED: September 24th, 2021

There are many solar companies out there, but which one actually provides the most value and best customer service? We've made it our mission to find out.

After conducting exhaustive research on the solar industry and gathering hundreds of Sunrun reviews, we've weighed the good and the bad and discovered Sunrun to be one of the top installers of solar panels based on a variety of criteria points.

Sunrun, which is the nation’s largest residential solar, storage, and energy service company, has installed over 1,600 megawatts of solar power and helped hundreds of thousands of consumers in 19 states.

Sunrun is the pioneer of the solar-as-a-service model and continues to drive innovation of solar generation, storage, and energy services and technologies. The rooftop solar provider's mission is to create a planet run by the sun.

The Good

• Payment Flexibility
  • Customized Solar Systems
  • Simple Solar Process
  • 25-Year Maintenance
  • Roof Warranties and Coverage for Sunrun Solar Panels
  • Customer Care Team
  • Battery Storage Options
  • High Level of Transparency with Customers
  • Installation Experience
  • Extensive Availability
  • Helpful Website

Payment Flexibility

To fit customer needs, Sunrun offers several solar financing options, including solar lease, Power Purchase Agreement (PPAs), prepayment, outright purchase, and solar loan.

Sunrun solar lease and PPA options give customers the chance to reap the benefits of a home solar system for zero to little upfront cost. PPAs from Sunrun help the homeowner save on his or her electric bill.

The prepayment option features all of the same benefits as the lease option, except the customer doesn't have to worry about the hassle of monthly payments.

Purchasing a Sunrun solar system outright provides customers with long-term savings, while financing a Sunrun solar system through a loan allows customers to make payments to own their system, which provides long-term benefits.

Customized Solar Systems

Sunrun understands that when it comes to renewable energy, every customer's home, lifestyle, and savings goals are unique.

As a result, the solar company customizes every solar panel installation to the customer's needs using its own proprietary Automated Site Modeling design technology. With just a few pieces of information and satellite imagery of the rooftop, Sunrun's Automated Site Modeling software quickly designs a custom solar energy system to maximize production.

Simple Solar Process

Sunrun strives to make switching to clean energy as simple and hassle-free as possible for its customers. The solar installer saves time by taking care of everything from scheduling to permitting and allowing people to follow their installation progress through the mySunrun mobile app. The design and installation process is as follows:

• Step 1: Sunrun's experienced technicians will visit, measure, and evaluate the home; ensure that a solar system is the right fit; and design a customized solar plan.
  • Step 2: Sunrun's design experts will review and make any adjustments to the custom evaluation.
  • Step 3: Sunrun submits the design plans to the local city government for permitting.
  • Step 4: After the permit is granted, Sunrun's installers will come out to the home, go over the custom design with the customer, receive approval, and get to work.
  • Step 5: Once the system has been installed, the city or county will perform the final inspection.
  • Step 6: Sunrun will submit documents to the utility company and "Permission to Operate" will be granted.

25-Year Maintenance

If Sunrun customers choose to lease or obtain a PPA, Sunrun will own the solar panel system and, therefore, is responsible for all maintenance and repairs of the system. Additionally, Sunrun will refund customers if the panels installed on their roof ever underperform.

Roof Warranties and Coverage for Sunrun Solar Panels

Other benefits of Sunrun's product include a 10-year warranty on systems that are purchased and up to a 25-year warranty on systems that are leased. Each solar customer's Sunrun contract also includes a roof warranty, which protects the roof from leaks or holes.

In addition, Sunrun provides its solar customers with daily system monitoring for no additional fee. The company's monitoring team oversees all all Sunrun systems and keeps an eye on production levels. If something happens or if performance dips, Sunrun will contact you as soon as possible to get things fixed.

Customer Care Team

Sunrun provides a U.S.-based customer care team that is ready to answer questions and help resolve any issues that may arise.

Battery Storage Options

Sunrun offers a battery storage option that can be purchased or leased called Brightbox. With Brightbox, customers can enjoy safe, clean, and reliable backup power in the event of a blackout.

Brightbox also helps customers manage electricity costs by seamlessly optimizing when a home uses electricity generated by solar panels, stored in the battery, or from the grid.

High Level of Transparency with Customers

Sunrun provides an abundance of helpful information on its website and strives to be very transparent with its customers. The company's website includes detailed solar education and FAQ sections, a helpful Guarantee page, and an informative "Plans and Services" page that will help customers better understand Sunrun's products and how to start taking advantage of solar power.

Installation Experience

When it comes to solar installation, Sunrun is one of the most experienced companies in the solar industry. In fact, the company is one of the few solar installers that has installed over 1,600 megawatts of solar energy.

As a result, the solar energy company has offset 3.7 million tons of carbon emissions and helped more than 240,000 customers to control their energy bill.

Extensive Availability

Sunrun currenty offers solar energy services in the following states:

• Arizona
  • South Carolina
  • Texas
  • Vermont

Helpful Website

Sunrun's website includes a variety of articles and helpful, easy-to-digest resources, including information on solar panels, plans and services, the cost of solar, warranties, installations, rebates and incentives, net metering, local information, solar education, and more.

Considering doing business with Sunrun? Learn more.

The Bad

• Outsourcing Installations for Remote Homes

Outsourced Installations for Remote Homes

A majority of Sunrun's installations are performed in-house, meaning that Sunrun employees will install the solar systems themselves, which is ideal. Occasionally, the company will contract other installers to work on homes that are too remote for Sunrun itself to reach.

While Sunrun does train and approve these third-party contractors before they work on a home, this outsourcing strategy has often led to inconsistencies in performance upon installation. Consequently, customer satisfaction concerning the installation quality and overall experience varies.

The Bottom Line

Overall, Sunrun is highly recommended to homeowners who are looking to go solar. Sunrun's high quality solar energy systems, variety of financing options, lengthy maintenance coverage and warranties, and customer service and transparency are attractive features that make breaking away from your utility company and switching to solar simple and affordable.

Interested in going solar with Sunrun? Find out more. Want to learn more about Sunrun? Check out the Sunrun solar reviews from real customers below.

not_listed_location

Sunrun Frequently Asked Questions

How does going solar with Sunrun work?

After you sign your Sunrun agreement, you’re ready for solar panel installation. The best part? You don’t have to lift a finger because we take care of everything from scheduling to submitting permits, to working with the city and utility, and securing your solar panels to your roof. Naturally you’ll have questions, and we’ll be right there with you answering them every step of the way.

Once you’re approved for a Sunrun solar installation, your home will undergo a site assessment and an expert solar technician will visit your home to confirm your system design.

After that, our solar design experts make any necessary adjustments to your design and get your final approval. Once you’ve approved your system design, we submit your design to the city for permitting. From there, either Sunrun or one of our local certified partners perform your solar installation. We only partner with the top-rated solar installers, so know you’ll have the highest quality solar installation available.

When your installation is complete, the city or county will perform a final inspection on your system. Once it’s approved, it will be connected to the grid, and we’ll submit your documents to the utility company. After your utility company grants Permission to Operate, you’re ready to start powering your home with the sun.

How much does a solar energy system from Sunrun cost?

Solar home solar system prices vary by home, your utility company, and your location. Contact Sunrun for a quote today.

What solar panels does Sunrun use in its installations?

Sunrun uses standard and high-performance solar panels in its installations.

How long does it take for Sunrun to install solar panels?

The process of having a home solar system installed on your roof can be relatively quick. Many Sunrun installations are completed in one day.

But before our crew comes to your house, we take a few weeks to prepare your project so that you have the smoothest installation day possible. You will have a team of experts working for you during this time who handle the tasks necessary for a smooth solar installation and keep you updated along the way. Our customer app also allows you to see your installation status during this time:

• Conduct a site survey to look at your roof, attic and electrical panel
  • Finalize your custom design
  • Apply for permits and wait for approval
  • Collect other necessary approvals and documentation that is specific to your neighborhood, such as HOA approval

Your project coordinator will be in touch with you throughout this time to keep you up-to-date on your progress. When it comes time to install the system, your installation coordinator will let you know how long the construction process will take for your home.

How long is a Sunrun agreement?

In general, our Sunrun agreements last for up to 25 years. Contact a Sunrun solar advisor for more information.

What happens at the end of a Sunrun agreement?

When you reach the end of your Sunrun agreement, you have three options:

• You can purchase the solar system at the fair market value (excluding New York homeowners).
  • You can renew your lease with us on an annual basis.
  • Sunrun can remove the system at no cost to you.

When you reach the end of your agreement, the Sunrun Customer Care team will help you with moving forward however you choose.

Does Sunrun offer a warranty?

All of our solar equipment is backed by robust warranties. When you choose BrightSave, your solar system will also come with 24/7 monitoring and maintenance. So if it breaks, we’ll fix it, free of charge. Contact us to learn more about our Comprehensive Home Solar System Support.

Does Sunrun offer solar monitoring?

Yes! We have a monitoring team dedicated to keeping an eye on your home solar system. Here’s how it works:

• We record production (in real-time) — Your Sunrun meter counts your kilowatts as they’re produced.
  • We collect your production data (every six hours) — Four times a day, your Sunrun meter sends your production data to our Denver-based monitoring team, where all production data is collected, stored, and analyzed.
  • We evaluate your production (every day) — We compare your production to the estimates included in your contract to confirm that your system is working as expected. We also check the weather and other systems in your neighborhood to make sure you’re harvesting just as much sunshine as your neighbors.
  • We fix what needs fixing (if necessary) — If your system isn’t working as expected, we will identify the issue and rectify the situation. If we cannot fix your system with remote troubleshooting, we may need to send a technician to take a look at your system in person.

How many states is Sunrun in?

Sunrun currently offers residential solar service in 22 states, plus the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico. Sunrun states are Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Hawaii, Illinois, Massachusetts, Maryland, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Texas, Utah, Vermont and Wisconsin.

3.5

RONALD WHITE Show Low, AZ

I personally leased this system from SunRun through our local Costco for our temporary home until my daughter could purchase the house from us. The system is still in our name, no problem with SunRun. They were very professional in the whole transaction including customer service after the system was installed. We had to have them come out to remove the system for an install of a new replacement roof just last year. They only charged us $500 for this and it included updating the rack and other electrical connections. I highly recommend SunRun for through Costco for a solar system lease or purchase.

Reply from Sunrun

Thanks for your review, Ronald! Our goal is to make going solar easy and enjoyable and we're so happy to hear that you had a good experience with us. Thanks for doing your part by helping us create a planet run by the sun!

Sep. 2nd, 2021

Msouto601 Centerville, MA

I got solar 3 years ago from Thiago B at Sunrun. The solar has been working great the whole time. My electric is a lot cheaper. Since then my next door neighbors have been installed, by Thiago as well. I want to give Thiago a great review, he is always available to answer any questions and any help I need. Great job Thiago!!

Reply from Sunrun

Thank you for your kind words about Thiago. Every employee at Sunrun shares one common goal, creating a planet run by the sun!

Aug. 17th, 2021

Dennis L Sr Aurora, CO

All the pricing was pretty much even, but the customer service starting with the sales rep and all the way through the process has been top notch. Everyone is kind and knowledgeable. It was like I was the only customer and they want to make sure everything went right through. The installation went without a hitch and was a lot faster than I thought it was going to be. It was very hands off. I didn't have to do anything, it was just too easy. Everything works perfectly. I've had no issues and it's very eays to understand the app when you're looking at the power or what you're using. Everything is user friendly. Specifically Brandon, my service rep, has been outstanding in this process and I really depend on him. He finds out answers to my questions in a timely manner and get's back to me so he's a top notch employee.

Ferris Chicago, IL

SunRun was able to answer all my questions. The showed me examples of work that they had done. They made sure I had information about solar panels and solar savings. They were quit thorough. The installation process was flawless.They were on time and very respectful of my home. They showed me what they had done after they finished. Everything works the way that it should. Customer service is excellent they are reliable and they're prompt in responding to your calls. About the equipment. The panels are on my roof and we had a horrible storm and I was concerned because my neighbor had pieces of their roof fly out but I had no incident. The other cool thing about SunRun is I had a small stipend for referring other customers to them. I referred them because I thought the service was nice and really didn't expect anything but I thought that was a nice touch.

Darnell Houston, TX

They're very consistent, thorough, and follow through. The Installation process went very well I think they finished even a day ahead of schedule. Of course being inside the home it's understandably noisy within them banging on the roof however I'm very pleased with the end results. From what I've seen the quality is excellent it performs well. I've seen other systems throughout the different communities and whatnot and different places of business I just like the look and the design of the SunRun system. It's been great. Texas suns are monstrous with the heat but the sun is working in my favor.

Douglas Poway, CA

They were at Costco and Costco stands behind what they sell at their store. They came out and did the measuring and they came and installed it and took a couple of days and then we had to wait for inspection so everything pretty much went as we were told ahead of time. There was one problem, they came out and fixed it but they didn't fix it immediately it was a few days and we weren't sure what was going on but other than that it was great and they took care of it. Everything has gone really well and for the first year we had a bill of a hundred and thirty dollars but we didn't install it until one month into the year so we're pleased.

Robin Henderson, NV

I'm a Costco member and I made an appointment with them and when they came out to my home, they were very courteous, on time, and were very knowledgeable. I've had a few issues along the way, but they called me back right away or emailed me back right away and were able to take care of any complications so that's very good customer service. The installation was very smooth and quick. All the gentlemen who did the service were courteous, very friendly, and very nice. They put it up in no time and explained everything to me when I needed to look for it. It was a really good experience. The equipment they put in the box on the side of the house and it's very easy to read the instructions. Everything that they've done has been very well handled. They've been very honest from the beginning.

Veronica

They kept me apprised of every step of the process and it made it incredibly easy and smooth for me and for my solar panels and power in a very quick time frame. Everything was planned ahead of time and scheduled. They showed up on schedule and everything was done within a couple of hours. It looks great and they cleaned everything up and it was beautiful. Our town inspector came out to take a look and they were very impressed with the amount of solar power the panels were collecting when it was still early in the season, in early March, and that to me was a really good time. These were really great technology.

5 San Juan Bautista, CA

Everything went perfectly during installation. There wasn't a hiccup in the whole process. They were professional and courteous. They were on time and they got our job done quickly and I'm happy as a clam. They were quick about it and explained to me what they were doing. They told me exactly how long it would take. They were very professional, every single one of them. The system is working perfectly. We haven't had any glitches in the system and I'm very happy with it. We had sort of an unusual occurrence. The day they completely finished the installation, the technician had left and unbeknownst to me, the power went off, but I didn't think the system was working. So I called him and he came back.

Reply from Sunrun

Carol, thank you for sharing this experience we are happy to hear that everything went as planned. Hearing you are satisfied is what we love to hear and strive for. Welcome to the Sunrun family.

Paul Boys Sun City, AZ

Several of my neighbors had already used them so when we heard about them we asked for a rep to come over and give us a proposal. He was very knowledgeable, friendly, and not pushy at all, so we signed up for it. I had already bought a solar system for a previous house, so I knew that it could cost quite a bit of money. We really liked the option they gave us of not paying a lot of capital upfront for their equipment. They seem to have a pretty good system to keep you informed through the process. They either email or call on every step of the way. Their construction team was very efficient too and as far as I know they did their job right.

Reply from Sunrun

Thank you so much for the awesome feedback! We love hearing from our customers, it is very important for us as a growing company.

Apr. 5th, 2018

Dean Campbell Lexington, SC

I got interested in solar because I was getting high electrical bills. I had to do something to cut my costs so I went for it. The installation was done efficiently and faster than what I thought. It also had no cost, all I have to pay is the monthly fee. My contract is for 20 years, so for that time I don't have to worry about it. It has cut about 40% off of my electric bill already. The biggest problem that we ran into was with the Homeowners Association. They slowed everything down and stopped us from doing what we wanted to do in our home. I had to go 3 or 4 times and do all these things to get it all approved. I don't think they should even be involved, I mean, I'm putting up panels on my own house, it should be my own choice. Hopefully they can get the lawmakers involved and straighten things out. That way they may realize that, you know, it's the customer's choice to put things on their home. No one else should have to get involved or put up restrictions on what we can or can't do. It should be up to me not the HUAC.

Reply from Sunrun

Happy to hear, Dean C! Thanks! After all, making the switch to solar simple for you, and full of savings, is our aim! It's why, we're known for processing the fastest system installations and giving the best customer service. So thrilled you're a part of our Sunrun family! Thanks for helping us create a planet run by the sun! Power Forward! #savewiththesun

Apr. 5th, 2018

[email protected] Stockton, CA

We did considerable research prior to purchasing. Sunrun was far and above the competition. For our situation purchasing was the best option. Going through the link on Costco was an added benefit. Sunrun did everything they said they would when they said they would do it. Totally satisfied with this first class company and John our contact person.

Reply from Sunrun

We are happy to see you are happy with us. Thank you for taking the time to leave us this wonderful review. Let's create a planet run by the sun.

Jun. 29th, 2021

Anonymous Cottonwood, AZ

They’re just fine. There were not delays or problems with installing it. the inspected the roof. They were actually very good. I produce more electricity than I use with the house but it still costs me ninety eight dollars a month, but before it would cost me up to two hundred and thirty dollars in the winter and less in the summer so I don’t know if we are coming out very far ahead. Customer service is very good and they are there.

Jack Huntington Beach, CA

I think the customer service is great. They followed through withevery step of the way and kept me posted on what was going on. The only thing about the customer service is the sales guy said they were going to give me a hundred dollar gift certificate if we signed up and we got a twenty dollar gift certificate and a flower. Installation was very clean and professional. WHen my city inspector came he said Wow whoever did this did a really nice insulation job. I'm very satisfied with the installation, the customer service, and the equipment performance.

Donna Pahoa, HI

I got the company when I went into home depot. I received good customer service. They answered all the questions that I had and they were pretty much on top of it. I believe the technology is top notch. It looks good and seems to be working fine. I did have an issue with billing for some reason. For 6 or 7 months I had to call in the payment because of a glitch in their system.

Donald Lemoore, CA

They got back to me in a timely manner about things. It wasn't perfect but it was much better than the other companies. Installation was good. They showed up when they are supposed to and did they said they were going to do. There were a couple of problems but they fixed them right away. I've only had the system for a little over a year. It seems fine, nothing has broken.

Andrew Boiling Springs, SC

The salesman was great. We connected really quickly and the price and assistance that was provided on our power bill was exactly what we were looking for. I've never had any problems with customer service. Everything runs very smoothly. They came out and measured everything and just within a couple of weeks had everything installed. It was very smooth and very very efficient.'

George Henderson, NV

We wanted to lease rather than to buy. Their service seems to be pretty good. The installation was really gruelling. Horribly noisy and tiles they had to break fell off the rough. It just seemed like it went on forever. We have a lot of pigeons around here and they decided they wanted to nest under the panels. We finally got the pest control people to take care of that. The installation is tedious but it's worth it over all because your bills go way down. I have not had experience with other solar but it's great so far.

Anonymous Oakland Gardens, NY

The members are very professional. I had a very good experience doing business with them. The installation process went very well. They arrived on time. They were professional. They answered my questions and were considerate. They cleaned and explained to me what was involved. I was very happy with the overall experience. It has operated flawlessly. They did all the hard work, I just had to approve it and the whole experience was painless and went extremely well.

Rosalie Spartanburg, SC

They did what they said they were going to do and as far as I'm concerned, SunRun went above and beyond. They were working up on the roof when it was really really hot and they got it done when they were supposed to. I thought installation was fairly efficient. They had to leave and come back at one point and they were at it for like a week. But they were done by the time they said they were going to be done so that's not a problem. We haven't had any problems with it and if we do have problems SunRun will come and take care of it for us.

Raul Surprise, AZ

All of the representatives are very helpful. They were very informative and very professional. They helped me make sure that I was getting all the best benefits from the solar panels and everything that was in place. I had so many questions about the service and how it worked and I would question all of this, and they were very patient and very kind and explained everything thoroughly. I've had absolutely no problems and no hiccups or issues whatsoever.

William Florence, AZ

They're always there when you need them. Every time we call, which we haven't had much problems, they took care of that pretty quickly so we haven't had any problems since then. The installation was really smooth. It was quick and easy on time. We have twenty six panels and we're producing enough to handle all the electricity so it must be working pretty well though.

Jesse San Bernardino, CA

There was an issue where they came over and said they turned it on and it turned out a week and a half later it still wasn't turned on. Another rep had to come by and actually turn it on. The installation process is very fast and precise and they even actually checked with me up on the roof itself. It was great. I've never had an issue with it at all. Anytime that it under performed, we received a check that would make up the difference.

Scott Friant, CA

They had a little hiccup or two with getting me online but after that everything seemed to be fine. Installation was great. They work with the roofers. Everything seemed to work out good. Our equipment was very good. I wish they would have put in two or three more panels on the west side because the summertime after seven o'clock at night and I still have sunlight so I wouldn't be paying all that peak usage.

Karen Escondido, CA

The installation was terrific. Everybody who showed up at my house was wonderful to work with. Everybody kept me informed about everything that was going on. It was just a very pleasant experience. It was one of the fastest installation that come in less than fifty days. I'm happy with everything that I have. Everything is working. I like SunRun does business.

Anonymous Henderson, NV

They answered my questions and they were very thorough. They did a good job of presenting the program. The installation was very organized. IT took a little longer than I thought it would take. They had good contractors and the quality of the work appeared to be very good. When I ask them to come out and check on some things they send them out immediately. They're easy to work with. So far I've been very satisfied with the service and the performance of the system. So far it has functioned very well.

Susan Sun City West, AZ

They did get back to me but it was kind of a slow process. Eventually everything did get taken care of, but I think it could have been done a little bit more timely. Installation was flawless. They came out when they said they were going to come, they put it in and they got it going. Everything was great. Less than one year, it had stopped working and something had to be replaced.

Paul

Sun Run was one of two solar companies I looked into. I picked them because of their affiliation with Costco. Whenever there's been an issue people got back to me promptly and resolve any issues. The only thing is I was under the impression that our utility company was going to pay us for excess production. Now that's been called into question and I asked Sun Run to look into it but nobody's gotten back to me.

Alex San Marcos, CA

Prices are probably a little bit higher than some others but once you factor in everything I am quite impressed. Everything was finished extremely well, I had a neighbor put in solar form another company and that took as long as a week. They are very attentive and dealt with an issue with out homeowners association promptly. There are some glitches in the app and it's not really up to date but everything I purchased was state of the art.

Jose Fresno, CA

Sunrun has been very responsive. The installation was nice and smooth, it only took about one day. The equipment runs well, we had a couple of issues but someone was able to run those details and now everything is going perfect. I like that is backed by a warranty. The only thing is that we feel we got short handed on the loan aspect based on what the salesman told us.

Liz

For instillation they showed up when they said they would they and did it, I believe, in one day. They took all of the pictures of the roof tiles before they started they took another set after they finished and got it up and running and approved by electric. Then they came out and fixed any ones that were broken. They did everything professionally and right away. There were just a couple little items that came up but they were right on top of it.

Steven

We had trouble getting the approvals from another energy company because every time they would try to get it put up they came back with some other kind of lame excuse why they wouldn't approve it. So yeah, SunRun did a fine job. I've had no problems with the equipmant at all. It produces energy and my light bill is virtually nothing. I've already recommended it several times.

Gary San Diego, CA

They've been responsive and anything that's come up on they have taken preemptory action to ensure that the system continues to operate efficiently. Instillation went fine. People showed up when they said they would and they did the installation very quickly and efficiently. There was one minor glitch that they corrected promptly because they were monitoring the system and realized that something that wasn't working right so they came out and fixed it before I even realized there was a problem.

Ralph

The salesman that came to my home was very thorough and explain all the details and how it works. He was very good which is why I choose SunRun. The instillation went very good. They were very neat and clean. They even laid out tarps when they went in the attic. I've had SunRun for about four years now and my electric bill has gone down, especially the months like spring and summer with air conditioning and stuff. So, I'm really pleased with the money I save.

Lon Sun City, AZ

For instillation they sent out their crew supervisor who came they and went very quickly. They were very organized and professional. They completed walking us through and explained what they were going to do. Then after instillation, they explained the whole process once again and how everything works. Our bills have been nonexistent so I mean we're getting a good return on our investment. During the whole process support information was provided and the follow up on on everything has been very good.

Kathleen Vista, CA

The specific representative that was sent to our home was professional she was reasonable and took time to listen to what our needs were. She found the right number of panels and installation to set our scheduling. I couldn't have asked for a better customer service. If I had a question they are always available and responsive even after the installation.

Rosamond

I chose SunRun because I checked some reviews online and I was impressed they actually offered leasing plans. They we were very clear, forthright, and honest about what the whole process was going to be like. The instillation process was just very professionally done and they were very interested in making it look good on the outside which I really appreciate. They rearranged the panels a different way so it would look more aesthetically pleasing. I thought was great that they really are concerned about how we're actually living with these panels.

Raymond Saint Albans, NY

SunRun saves me money on my electricity bills. If I have any questions about my account or anything they handle it professionaly. The installation process was excellent. They went up on the roof and put every solar panel in one by one. Then they did the electricity really well from that from the basement o on up to the top of the roof so it was definitely a professional job.

Peter Grand Terrace, CA

We like SunRun because they have been a very good company. Whenever we have had a problem that we needed fixed, they are prompted about coming right out to check our system. The men who come are very polite and listen to what the problem is and are just very good with the customer. The instillaton process went great, they did everything they needed to do and were very good at cleaning up after themselves.

Karen Barnegat, NJ

Sun Run was recommended to me by my brother. It took a while to see the full effect but now I am starting to see it. Everything is working perfectly. It all went smoothly, they finished installing it in two days and the men were very courteous and they cleaned up after themselves. Every time I call with a question, they answer it quickly and honestly.

Reply from Sunrun

We love to see that from your installation all the way through your contact with customer care has been great. Welcome to the Sunrun family, let's create a better environment. Please let us know if you have any questions!

May. 4th, 2019

Theresa San Diego, CA

We got it because it was offered through Costco. Our representative was very responsive and answered all my questions in a timely manner. When we decided to add another panel, he had no issues making the change. They also reached out to me before the end of the year for purposes, to make sure I had the amount I needed to claim my credit on the federal tax return. Everything seems to be working great and installation went very smoothly.

Reply from Sunrun

Hello Theresa, we are happy to see that you were able to go solar through our partner Costco. We loved to read about your experience and are happy to see that the number of benefits you received after going solar. Thank you for helping us create a planet run by the sun!

Apr. 23rd, 2019

Johann Marysville, CA

We had it in our last home and it was a pleasant experience so when we bought a new home we called the same man. Anytime I have any question in regards to the sale of my house and getting it set up in the new house, they were very helpful and tell me every step. The sales rep is awesome, anytime we needed anything, we messaged and it was taken care of. We have had no problems with it.

Reply from Sunrun

Our Service Transfer team works hard to make sure that we are making this transition from the homeowner to the buyer as seamless as possible. We are happy to see that this was your experience. Thank you for sharing your experiences, and hope to see you get solar on your new home.

Apr. 23rd, 2019

Deborah Sumter, SC

They have done everything they said they would do and I didn't have to do much myself. Everything was installed on the roof and in just a couple of days and the man from the electric company made sure everything was done right. I haven't saved sixty to eighty dollars on month on my electric bill yet but I am hoping I will start saving soon. I have recommend it to some family and friends.

Reply from Sunrun

Deborah what a wonderful review. Thank you for taking the time to let us know what a great job we did. We are excited to see what savings are in store! Let's create a planet run by the sun!

Apr. 15th, 2019

Jerry Las Vegas, NV

They have a better plan and a better team to put the solar panels up the other companies. It is good equipment and it is all made in the US. Their customer service is persistent and they get right back to you. There were a few glitches but they fixed that immediately. The price could be a bit lower but with the cost of installation and panel it's probably within market value.

Reply from Sunrun

Jerry thank you for your taking the time to leave us a review we appreciate you sharing your experience!

Apr. 11th, 2019

Theo Manteca, CA

They were with Costco and I know that Costco only uses the best and does a lot of research before they have people come in and sell their products so I knew it had to be a good company. Their customer service kept me in the loop about installation, which was done within three to four hours, and if I had any questions they were there to answer. The solar product seems to be working well in my house.

Reply from Sunrun

Love reading this review! We will make sure you are happy Theo as a Sunrun and Costco customer. Thank you for helping us create a better environment and a planet run by the sun.

Apr. 11th, 2019

Cheryl Sena Santa Clarita, CA

Superb Customer Service and Product! Mike T was so awesome; the way he described the features and the payment options of our new Solar System. The process to install was also quick and easy. Finally, the crew came out, made sure the roof was ready for the installation, and we were good to go very quickly. He followed up to make sure we were enjoying our new system soon after. I'd recommend SunRun to anyone wanting out of paying exhorbitant fees for electricity!

Reply from Sunrun

What a wonderful review Cheryl! You are the reason that we love what we do. Customers that are happy with their overall experience, we want to thank you for helping us create a planet run by the!

Mar. 11th, 2019

Charles Hemet, CA

They offer a lease instead of buying the solar panels. We had a lot of difficulties at the beginning with installation and getting it all set up with the power company but they were very supportive and helpful. Their equipment does not come with fencing to keep the birds away so we had to have somebody come in and put wire around the outside and I think that should be part of the equipment.

Reply from Sunrun

Thank you for your feedback, Charles. We have areas of opportunity, and thank you for this information. We are happy to hear that you were overall statisfied! Let's create a planet run by the sun.

Gilbert Phelan, CA

I'm satisfied, it seems to be a good investment. The equipment works well. They did a good job with installation, they stayed with it until it worked. There was some delay in getting started but once they started it one or two days for the actual install and there was a problem and then it took two or three day for the tech change and it has been fine ever since.

Reply from Sunrun

Meeting your satisfaction is what we strive for Gilbert. It's amazing to read about your experience with the installation all the way through getting any issues addressed in a timely manner. Thank you for helping us create a planet run by the sun.

Peter

Customer service has always been really prompt and able to give me the right answers or put me in touch with the right person. Installation went really well. The people were very knowledgeable and professional and stayed out of the way of other people in the house. They were generally very friendly. I have had any technical issues with the equipment.

Reply from Sunrun

Peter what an amazing review, you made our day! It's important to be prompt and provide correct information, that way the customer feels comfortable during the process. If you ever have any questions feel free to reach out to us, we will always be welcoming and responsive to your needs.

kathye Collier Grass Valley, CA

Everyone from start to finish on the Sunrun team did exactly what they said they would do. All appointments were kept and everyone was so polite it was refreshing. We haven't had the installation long enough for me to recommend them as to savings and apparently I will not know if I am indeed saving money until 1 year has elapsed. I will know more at that time.

Reply from Sunrun

Wow! Amazing review Kathye C. we are so pleased to hear that your appointments were kept and our team was professional. Since your Sunrun rate is lower than that of your utility, so rest assured you are in the right hands! Welcome to the Sunrun family, let's power forward.

Feb. 12th, 2019