Sunrun

7.9

Christy B Staten Island, NY

I can't say enough GOOD things about this company. Jon, our representative was awesome, he really took the time to explain everything. Everything went quickly once our county and electric provider approved everything. They came out and installed the entire system in 1 day. And the best part is the panels look great, there is no shiny silver wiring showing on the roof or exterior of the house like I've seen on other company's installation. They only thing that you can see on our roof is the black panels themselves, everything else is hidden. Now that we have been using the system for approximately a month we really love it, we especially love the app that lets you see how much energy you are producing in a given day. Great company, I would and have recommended them to all of our friends and family.

Dennis Garcia Morgan Hill, CA

I had "turned away" about a dozen solar company "salesmen" over the past few years after they said "I don't know" when asked questions about the panels, the installation, the inverter, or other important aspects of going "solar". Sunrun was the first company that had ALL the answers to my questions and made the process easy to understand. They handled all the permits/reg.s and partnering with PG&E was seamless. They waited for my approval every step of the way, and worked with me for the "design configuration" of the panel installation and kept the "street-view" unchanged from pre-solar appearance. They delivered and installed the equipment without any problems and workmanship was top-notch. I had no "issues" with going solar because they KNEW what to do, and how to do it the best way possible. It has been almost 1 year since my installation and I am VERY pleased with the results.

tuesday graham

had called serval solar company's this is the one I choose , why, be cause they explain things that other companies didn't like most has to hook up to youre internet this one does not , they have their own which is one plus , two the time it took to install and hook up and start up was fast , I would recommend them because they do the right things they do not push , they allow you time to shop and get the facts , I have had our system up since October of 2016 and this is march and we are going strong , infact PG&E isn't liking us right now when it comes to the true up I doubt I owe PG&E anything .the installation group the wookies was awesome , no issue professional and great people thanks sunrun from newman ca

Kim Rupert

We purchased our Sunrun system through Costco, which made the whole process very easy. Because Costco was behind the program, we didn't worry about the company being a fly-by-night concern nor getting any glitches resolved. Sunrun was here when they said they would be, did what they said they would do, installed everything quickly and efficiently and we are now approaching our one year true-up with PG&E. If true-up were today, we would owe less than $25 TOTAL for electricity for the past ten months. With hotter weather on the way, we expect to actually receive a little money back from PG&E instead of owing them anything. The Sunrun system has worked perfectly, with NO issues at all. One of the best parts is, the company IS a roofing company and they offer a 15 year roof penetration warranty on their installations. We received the service, peace of mind and our money's worth!

Donald Shabkie Greenville, SC

For over 40 years, I have been extremely concerned about our environment as well as individual conservation efforts. Being a middle class American, I have made many efforts along these lines, but due to the expense, I never thought I would be fortunate enough to have solar panels. Thanks to Sunrun, that is no longer the case. My panels have been operating for about three weeks now, and already they have generated more KWHs than I used the previous month without them. These are very very impressive results. For someone who cares deeply about the environment, the fact that my panels are generating a lot more power than I'm using---that is a dream that has become reality.

Michael Lyons Murrieta, CA

All I can say is that the Sunrun programs sell themselves. From my first discussion the value was obvious as accepting free money - it seemed too good to be true but has worked out exactly as promised thus far. My electric bill fell from the mid $300s to the low $200s with solar installed but not connected to the grid. Now that my system is on the grid I'm not paying for grid energy and my total bill for solar is less than 1/2 my old electric bill...this summer the reduction will be even bigger! Not to say everyone will have the same experience but my system was installed ONE WEEK after I signed the contract - unbelievable! Utility connection to the grid took another month but that was expected. I can't believe I waited this long to find this program...a review of your home for solar costs nothing but an hour of your time - take the time and your monthly budget will thank you.

Michael Gaudynski Watsonville, CA

I have had Sunrun for about a year and a half. Having solar has saved me hundreds of dollars already. With any service there have been a few hiccups along the way. This review is about the customer service I have received. We recently received a lot of rain for the first time since my system was installed. I noticed a water spot forming on my ceiling. I contacted my sales rep LAUREN MORGANSTEIN on a Saturday. She messaged me back almost immediately giving me the info I needed to have service come out. Service was there Early Monday morning. Blew my mind. They inspected my roof and found that it was not from the solar but more of the flashing on the roof. Roofing company confirmed. Lauren has always gone out of her way to take care of me as a customer two years after she sold me the system. Sunrun's service was quick and the guys went out of their way to find the issues with my roof. Happy Customer!

Peter Fontana Wrentham, MA

We had a residential solar PV system installed on our home. Sunrun's offering had competitive pricing and their sales rep (Len Olson) was very knowledgable, informative, transparent and responsive. Their analysis team was prompt, competent and courteous and came back with a solid proposal for how to make the most power while meeting our aesthetic needs. Their installation team was top-rate, quick, competent and even dealt very effectively with some stumbling by our local electrical inspector. Our installation is cleanly laid out and well done. Sunrun has been an exemplary partner helping us through each phase of the project. I wish all contractors were as competent, responsible, professional and responsive. Thank you!

John Mauck

It took sunrun three days to install the system. The men worked steady and knew just what to do. Then I had to wait for BGE to come out and change the meter (6 weeks) before I was using the Sun for power. From what I see now, I should have done this years ago. I've only used 2000k in 50plus days and it's the winter time of the year. I received my BGE bill the other day and it stated that I owed them nothing for Nov. except for the contract for my two units. I know this isn't going to be the case the rest of the winter but it looks promising. This spring and summer will tell a better story when the sun stays up longer. The people at sunrun have been very helpful. They have checked on me to see if I need anything and how thing are. I would highly recommend them to anybody and have. I wish this company the best and good luck in the future.

Michael Ventura Madison, WI

I'm very impressed! In the beginning I was a bit skeptical. It sounded like a straight sales pitch, "Too good to be true". No money needed up front. I explained to the man standing at my front door that I had NO cash to put toward anything, but that I would be interested in lowering my monthly energy expenses. Things progressed, without any involvement from me, other than receiving updates of the progress. The team came to my home at the appointed time and did the inspection and evaluation. They notified me that my house would be a good candidate for solar. The installation team came to my home at the appointed time, worked around my schedule, notified me when it would be completed, and it was completed at the estimated time. They explained the process and showed me how to turn on the system once the final inspection was completed. I then got notification that inspectors would be coming. They sent me and email when all was ready to go and all I did was go outside and flip the switch. Within minutes, it showed me that I was producing energy. It cost me nothing out of pocket. Everyone involved was very professional, punctual and true to their word. The communication was above and beyond my expectations! I was constantly "up to date" on all activities taking place in the background. My first energy bill after installation, was $95 (expected lease with SunRun) and $24 from Duke Energy. total was approximately $45 less than my "normal" energy bill for this time of year. I'm very pleased with the whole SunRun system, sales, administration, installation team, and finally, energy production!! Thank you SunRun!!

Joyce Muirhead Simi Valley, CA

Our a solar system was installed by Sunrun in Sept 2014 purchased through Costco.. The installation of 21 panels took a day and a half, even though the temperature was well over 100 degrees. There was a large crew of at least ten men installing the panels and electricians setting up the electrical. We took advantage of the 30% tax credit. We produce almost all of our energy now. Our electric bill is approximatelyt $10.00 per month for use of the power grid and any unused energy is banked for a period of 12 months. We couldn't be happier with our system and the service we received. We would highly recommend Sunrun to anyone.

Cutis Bush Gadsden, AL

I had been looking into getting a solar system install on my home for a year and a half. I had talk to several solar company and I just didn't have a good feeling with them from their salesman to their products, service, and guarantee / warranty and no communication from their customer service at all. But when I talk to Sunrun about their programs, product and the great customer service that I received was above and beyond what I expected. Sunrun kept me informed every step of the way during the whole process of my installation and they took care of everything all the way up to the system being turned on. It was always easy to make contact with them if you needed help in understanding something. The work they did for my install was outstanding. Great company to do business with. My son have had solar install on his home from Sunrun also.

Gregory J. DiLalo Sr East Brunswick, NJ

The decision to go with a Sunrun power purchase plan turned out far better than I expected. We received a $0 utility bill for the first full month since the permit to operate and had a huge power credit to apply in the power hungry summer months. On a bright sunny day we currently produce three times the power we consume. On a cloudy day, our system still produces about what we use that day on average. The whole installation went extremely smoothly and even our utility has been highly cooperative. This was truly a "no brainer" decision that everyone who has unshaded roof exposure should consider. We have a 45 panel 12 kW system, which is on the large side and would have been very costly to purchase outright. The zero cost power purchase plan made the most sense for us.

Mark Frisbie Walnut Creek, CA

Well, I don't know that I would call a "10" awesome rather than excellent, but there isn't anything I can think of that would have been an improvement. I received responsive and informative communication from the beginning. I had some specific questions about "qualifying" my system at the highest capacity possible with PG&E, since I had only recently bought an all-electric car and my prior year usage record did not reflect the increase in usage that I knew I would experience. The questions got answered with referral to an experienced manager at SunRun. The installation foreman and team were on time, organized, courteous, and left the work area clean. The website where I monitor my daily production is a breeze to use. I highly recommend SunRun.

Trudi J. Arrington Scottsdale, AZ

My neighbor was considering the purchase of a solar system from Sunrun and asked for my opinion. He provided me with the information Sunrun had given him and wanted to know if he was missing anything. I gave him 2 or 3 additional questions and asked him to let me know how Sunrun responded. When he gave me the answers to my questions I asked him for the name of his sales representative. I called the sales representative on a Friday morning and we made an appointment for that afternoon. My wife and I met with the sales representative for about an hour and purchased a solar system for our home. Buying is easy but then comes the installation and service, which are not always easy and can at times make you wish you hadn't made the purchase. This was not the case with Sunrun. They provided me with all of the information on how they would proceed with the installation and did what they said they would do on the date they said they would do it. The installation team headed by Gabriel was outstanding. For example; they wanted to put their equipment on the inside garage wall closest to the electrical meter on the outside of the wall. This is a requirement of the electric company. On that wall was 2 large ladders on hangers that I had installed. It was the only place that the equipment could be installed to meet the electrical company requirements. I gave them the approval to install it and without asking they removed the hangers and ladders, patched and painted the holes where the hangers had been installed and reinstalled them at a different but convenient location. In addition they did a better job of installing the hangers and ladders than I had done. They finished the installation on time, notified the electric company and came back prior to the electric company installation to show me exactly what was going to happen and how to turn the equipment on and off. They offered me another option by having Sunrun come out and turn the system on. Turning the system on was so simply I did it myself. Once installed I called the sales representative and asked him to come out and show me how to access the system from my computer so I could view the operation and output of the system. I will close by saying I'm a happy camper and feel I made a great financial decision with the right company. Thank you Sunrun.

Andrew Boulder, CO

Sunrun is a wonderful company when getting rooftop solar for your home. They have well-trained consultants, professional designers and installers, and a variety of financing options that can best fit your needs. When comparing the Sunrun Lease with competitors programs, Sunrun simply gives the customer the most peace of mind, which is important to me. Sunrun does a great job communicating with their customers before and after the project has been installed. Obviously, my friends, neighbors, and family were curious about solar after seeing my solar panels, and Sunrun rewards me with generous gift cards for referring my friends to them. I can't think of a more focused, stable, and customer-obsessed solar company than Sunrun. 10/10

Hugh Harfield Paso Robles, CA

My family just had beautiful, efficient, planet loving, clean energy SUNRUN solar panels installed on our property. You need to check out this Power Forward Company. They have a fantastic, friendly and helpful, project staff and a remarkable customer care team that is ready to assist you with any questions or concerns. We could not be happier or more satisfied. The savings will be remarkable; probably 30% to 50%, and no upfront costs. I am sure there is no Company that could compete with the excellent service and support this company offers. By the way, they service the product whenever repairs are needed. Give them a CALL, you will not be disappointed!

Natalie N Michael Chappelle Lihue, HI

We put Sunrun panels on our roof through Rising Sun on Maui, HI. We had a friend that used to be in the business. He did a lot of research and referred us to Rising Sun. We chose the prepaid option and couldn't have been happier. The whole process went smooth timing, installation, usage etc. Only wish we had done it sooner. We referred them to friends and received referral checks as promised. Due to jobs relocation we had to sell our home after only 1 1/2 years with Sunrun but the transfer to the new owner was quick and painless. We figured we probably received double the investment back in the sale price of home. We were so impressed that we are in the middle of added them to our new home on Kauai. Mahalo Rising Sun and Sunrun for your excellent partnership!

Kiran Samineni Cerritos, CA

I had Sunrun for the past 6 years. They have the worst customer services ever in my experience. My solar has been broken for over 6 months. It took several calls from me to schedule an appointment for them to come and check the system. On the appointment day they did not even show up and never informed me what is going on. Since them I keep calling up almost every week and I lost hope that they even care to fix the issue. This is the worst customer service experience I had with anyone in my life. Not a single sunrun employee showed any concern or care for my issue. I definitely don't deserve to be insulted by them like this and they definitely don't deserve to be in business with this attitude. I am glad couple of my friends decided not to go with sunrun for their solar system after seeing my experience. I will continue to influence many more of my friends and family to not engage with sunrun for their solar power needs.

Reply from Sunrun

We would like to apologize for your negative experience with Sunrun. We are saddened to hear that your experience has not been the greatest. We want to make sure we are fixing any service issues promptly. We'd like to learn more about your specific situation and make things right. We will direct message you for more information, and so we can also collect your contact information.

Jul. 27th, 2021

bman01 Perris, CA

They were very quick to get everything up and running. (Great) but once I started to recieve my bills it went from 34.00 in Apr 2021 to 343.00 in June 2021. I am still paying 199.00 for the SCE bill. Called Vivant and they said it is because of the energy I produce. I am being billed for that energy that my panels produce. In the winter they will not produce as much. Well in SoCal winter is a cold day it is mostly sunny. So I asked them what can I do to lower my production? I thought I was suppose to save money. They said you cannot you will have a credit at end of year. Not acceptable. I was unable to change the contract from purchase to lease. I asked them to remove a few panels to produce less. So they were the ones that suggested the amount of panels so they are suggesting for their own benefit. I will post my bill here every month so that people can see my bill and make their decision. Horrible company.

Reply from Sunrun

We appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear this. While savings will vary widely based on your usage, location, etc. we definitely want to make sure you're getting the most out of your solar system. Please feel free to call us at 855-478-6786, or email us at [email protected]

Jun. 16th, 2021

Rogelio Bellflower, CA

So let me tell you about Sunrun. They are great when they're trying to get your money, but once you have a problem they pretty much disappear and neglect you. I signed up through Costco. The guy that came was great. He was very knowledgeable. I was sold. One of the things he sold me was a battery which they call a BrightBox. This BrightBox cost me $5,000 and some dollars. For a year and a half I was happy with the equipment and I was telling my friends and family about Sunrun. Well that was before any problems started. Now, back in June, My BrightBox went out. I contacted the company they said they would schedule someone to come out and take a look. OK. So a few weeks later a guy comes out and explains that LG makes the BrightBox and the fuse is blown but LG does not allow them to change a fuse. Instead he'll have to order a new BrightBox and install it in a couple of weeks. A couple of weeks turned into a month. Now, on August 25th a new guy comes out and since I am working from home I told him to go into the garage and do his thing. I come out on my break to see the new battery, but there is no new battery. Same old battery. I call the guy to see what's going and you know what he tells me???? He says, " Oh, your fuse is blown I have to order you a new battery." I say, "No! We know the fuse is blown. You're supposed to install a new battery." He says, " I'll check the work order." Does he ever call back? NO! I call Sunrun, and an hour later an agent takes my info and says someone will call me back within two days. I send customer service an email. To be honest a very upset email. Did anyone ever call me back? NO!!! Did anyone ever email me? NO!!! In short I have a piece of worthless aluminum hanging on my garage wall which I paid $5,000 and some dollars for. Sunrun doesn't care that I've been without it for TWO MONTHS now. If you're interested in solar that's great, but I would not recommend Sunrun as your company.

Reply from Sunrun

Rogelio, We are sorry to hear about this negative experience and would like the opportunity to address any specific concerns you have regarding your system's performance. Please send us a private message with your address and we have a Specialist reach out.

Jan. 29th, 2021

BillAZ Sun City West, AZ

Our system was installed in May 2019. It didn’t work until August 2019. The investor needed to be replaced. It took 2 months to get it changed out. It took forever to get the investor considering this was a new system. Poor and very slow customer service.

Harley Chino Valley, AZ

They didn't install an adequate # of panels, yet we pay as much as others with more panels. Our neighbors with the exact same model home got 2 more panels than we did, they make the same monthly payment and they get bigger refunds from our local power company, but Sunrun said, "Hey you're stuck with your contract"!

Bob K. Simi Valley, CA

The rate I am paying is higher than I remember being told initially, and the combination of the two electric bills does not seem like an improvement over my original single bill with SCE.

Anonymous Victorville, CA

I live in the high desert. It is very hot here. I think it is worth while. I got the tax refund for it. I did have a problem understanding the instructions and I had to call them. I have liked the service, it is convenient.

Doug Smith Palm Desert, CA

A customer service oriented company, they’re very good and responsive and always available and follow up. Installation was fine. they did a very good job.

Glenn Winthrop Harbor, IL

We've got a great rep that keeps us informed of what's going on. Installing the panels went as smooth as it could be. We're looking forward to getting the battery packs with it.

TFS

disappointed with the gentleman who was our contact person, never returned calls or answered questions when asked...If not for Denim W I would have terminated installation ed

Kalee Buckeye, AZ

Installation went fine people came out on time and they got it up when they said they were going to. It's almost impossible to get a hold of a real person and have them actually call you back when they say they're going to call you back and if you ever do get them to call you back they don't offer to help and they don't send anybody out to help you they just give you the run around the entire time. The equipment doesn't work the way they say it's going to work and they're not willing to fix it to make it work. I would tell people to not use their company and if I could go back in time and not use their company I would not use their company. I wouldn't get solar at all.

Reply from Sunrun

We would like to apologize for your negative experience with Sunrun. We are saddened to hear that your experience has not been the greatest. We want to make sure we are fixing any service issues promptly. We'd like to learn more about your specific situation and make things right. We will direct message for more information, and so we can also collect your contact information.

Mar. 25th, 2020

Dollinger Household

I had a pleasant experience getting the panels up. However, there were huge number of pages and signatures required. I was told that I would receive a check at the end of the year, if I had generated more power than what I used. Well, I have over two hundred dollars in credit. sCE says I did not sign up for the refund and will not be receiving any reimbursement. This is a very negative experience. Sunrun should take care if this right away! Then I'll be able to give an appropriate rating.! ,

Reply from Sunrun

Hello Dollinger H. We're sorry to hear you're having issues with your Utility company, you can call their customer care line and request to speak with their solar department. Feel free to reach out to us as well with any questions.

Mar. 25th, 2020

ktdlr

We have a had a few times where a couple of our panels stop working and when it is addressed, Sunrun doesnt seem to address the issue in a timely manner, we have also asked for credit back for the loss in production when these panels go down and still have not seen any movement from them.

David B

We have had the panels for about four years, and have not had one year go by where the system hasn't under-produced what was promised/estimated, so we have two energy bills for 2-3 months every spring. The other 9-10 months of savings is nice though.

Chris Lancaster, PA

The whole situation was run very efficiently. The installation went very well. It's been generating about the amount of power that we thought it would and maybe more.'

Robert Sun City, AZ

They've always answered the phone. They've been right there whenever we wanted them. No problems whatsoever. The installation process went perfectly. It was very quick.'

Patrick Buckeye, AZ

They had some issues with the billing and I'm not quite getting the output out of it that I was hoping to but it hasn't been bad. I haven't had any problems with the equipment. I wish it would give me a little more output but no part issues.'

James San Jose, CA

It's been difficult to make additions to the systems. The initial installation process went very well. SunRun should make it a lot easier for customers to add to a current system.'

Stan

Everything that they said they would do they did, including a yearly cost adjustment when the guaranteed kWh was not met, which SunRun tracks so I do not need to keep score.

Deb Sun City, AZ

SunRun got back to us right away and installed it right away. I have three panels because I thought we would get more from it. It just doesn't seem to have lowered our bills I don't think.

Linda Hemet, CA

Installation went very well and everything was done on time. It met all the expectations. The website is very good and easy to understand and everything works really good.

Marcia Anaheim, CA

we have had no problems with the service once the install was complete. There were some bugs in the process but that was the utility company not following through

Christopher San Diego, CA

The installation and the crew were top rate and professional in their work they did. We had the installation done by GRID located here in San Diego, CA

Margaret Phoenix, AZ

Excellent set up, but the company does little follow up to check the efficiency of the system. We were promised significant savings but our actual savings has turned out to be only a couple hundred dollars over the whole year.

Richard Ramona, CA

I've had excellent service with no problems. It was smooth and efficient. It was done in one day with no trouble. I'm very impressed with the equipment that they installed.

Ajay San Jose, CA

It's been pretty smooth; no issues. They got it up and running there were there was one issue which they came back pretty quickly and resolved it actually.

Dan

They did a good job, but they did not tell me that I would noy be powering my house, I would be powering the grid. Even in the event of a blackout I would not have access to the power generated by my own panels.

Rebecca figliozzi

My solor bill now almost 3 years later is just as much as my BGE bill at the start of this. There is no saving for sure . We not told up front that the rate increase each year . Should have stayed with out solor for this rate

Hazen Culley

From start to finish they were excellent. Now that we are getting Kw from the sun our electric bill is noticeably lower. Great decision to go with SunRun.

Ray Scottsdale, AZ

Seems to be generating the results as promised. Installation was a problem because they weren't working properly and eventually they had to take them all off and install new brackets.

Johnny

No complaints with them. They've been good to me. It's kind of confusion trying to figure out how much gas and how much electricity I'm using each month.

Vuthy

I saw Sun Run was rated one of the highest. The equipment is in my garage. It works very well, there's nothing wrong with it and it saves a lot after all.