8.9

Sunrun

verified
Sunrun has helped over 180,000 customers save more than $100 million on their electricity bills with solar!

There are many solar companies out there, but which one actually provides the most value and best customer service? We've made it our mission to find out. After conducting exhaustive research on the solar industry and gathering hundreds of Sunrun reviews, we've weighed the good and the bad and discovered Sunrun to be one of the top installers of solar panels based on a variety of criteria points. The company, which is based in San Francisco, California, has installed over 950 megawatts of solar power and helped consumers in 20 states and Washington D.C. to lower their electricity bills.

The Good

• Payment Flexibility
  • 20-Year Maintenance
  • Roof Warranties and Coverage for Solar Panels
  • Battery Storage Options
  • High Level of Transparency with Customers
  • Installation Experience
  • Extensive Availability
  • Helpful Website

Payment Flexibility

In order to fit the needs of almost any customer, Sunrun offers several financing options, including solar leases, Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs), prepayments, outright purchases, and loans. Sunrun solar lease and PPA options give customers the chance to reap the benefits of a home solar system for zero to little upfront cost. The prepayment option features all of the same benefits as the lease option, except the customer doesn't have to worry about the hassle of monthly payments. Purchasing a Sunrun solar system outright provides customers with long-term savings, while financing a Sunrun solar system through a loan allows customers to make payments to own their system, which provides long-term benefits.

20-Year Maintenance

If customers choose to lease or obtain a PPA, Sunrun will own the system and, therefore, is responsible for all maintenance and repairs of the system. Additionally, Sunrun will refund customers if the panels installed on their roof ever underperform.

Roof Warranties and Coverage for Solar Panels

Other benefits of Sunrun's product include a 10-year warranty on systems that are purchased, a 20-year warranty on systems that are leased, and 24/7 system monitoring (provided by Sunrun).

Battery Storage Options

Sunrun offers a battery storage option that can be purchased or leased called Brightbox. With Brightbox, customers can enjoy safe, clean, and reliable backup power in the event of a blackout. Additionally, Brightbox helps customers save money by seamlessly optimizing when a home uses electricity generated by solar panels, stored in the battery, or from the grid.

High Level of Transparency with Customers

Sunrun provides an abundance of information on its website and strives to be very transparent with its customers. The company's website includes a detailed FAQ section, a helpful guarantee page, and an informative "Plans and Services" page that will help customers better understand how to move forward with Sunrun and start taking advantage of solar power.

Installation Experience

When it comes to solar installation, Sunrun is one of the most experienced companies in the solar industry. In fact, the company is one of the few solar installers that has installed over 950 megawatts of solar energy. As a result, Sunrun has offset 1.7 million tons of carbon emissions and helped more than 180,000 customers to reduce their electricity bills and take advantage of net metering.

Extensive Availability

Sunrun currenty offers solar energy services in the following states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Hawaii, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, Nevada, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Washington D.C., and Wisconsin.

Helpful Website

Sunrun's website includes a variety of blog posts and helpful, easy-to-digest resources, including information on solar panels, plans and services, the cost of solar, warranties, installations, rebates and incentives, net metering, and more.

Considering doing business with Sunrun? Click here.

The Bad

• Outsourcing Installations for Remote Homes

Outsourced Installations for Remote Homes

A majority of Sunrun's installations are performed in-house, meaning that Sunrun employees will install the solar systems themselves, which is ideal. Occasionally, the company will contract other installers to work on homes that are too remote for Sunrun itself to reach. While Sunrun does train and approve these third-party contractors before they work on a home, this outsourcing strategy has often led to inconsistencies in performance upon installation. Consequently, customer satisfaction concerning the installation quality and overall experience varies.

The Bottom Line

Overall, Sunrun is highly recommended to homeowners who are looking to go solar. Sunrun's high quality solar energy systems, variety of financing options, lengthy maintenance coverage and warranties, and customer service and transparency are attractive features that make breaking away from your utility company and switching to solar simple and affordable.

Interested in going solar with Sunrun? Click here. Want to learn more about Sunrun? Check out the Sunrun solar reviews from real customers below.

3.4

Steven Berck
June 20th, 2018 Uncasville, CT

A schedule for an inspection was made on Monday for Wednesday (less than 48 hours) but the person assigned failed to show or call prior to the date of inspection. If the first face to face meeting goes like this - is this how all the scheduling goes? Why does it matter if am or am not a paying customer?

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJun 21, 2018

Thank you for your feedback Steven B. We are sorry to hear that this was your experience with Sunrun. This is not the typical Sunrun experience, our drive is to make solar hassle-free by being attentive when explaining the product to our potential customers. This feedback will be shared with our sales leadership team. Thank you for your feedback. Please private message me your contact information.

Keith Winterowd
June 20th, 2018 Waianae, HI DETAILS

Poor customer service once the system is up and running. I called customer service when I noticed that I was still pulling power from the grid even when I had plenty of battery. They said someone would contact me and come out and check it out. Not almost 2 weeks and no call. Still buying power from Hawaii Electric needlessly and paying for lease.

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJun 21, 2018

Thank you, Keith, for sharing your concerns. I see you've had contact with Sunrun June 20th. We reached out to the field service coordinator for an update in regards to your locus meter. You will be contacted once we have an update for you. Thank you for the continued patience, we understand service issues are frustration. Feel free to private message us with any question.

Disappointed Potential Customer
June 19th, 2018 DETAILS

More pressure than content. Automated appointment system Seriously underrated my energy requirements. Sloppy calculation method.screwed up and no one knew there was a problem. Sent Text Messages late at night that woke me up.

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJun 21, 2018

Thank you for providing feedback and giving us a chance to fix this. This is frustrating, and not the standard Sunrun customer experience. While it is important for us to take care of any issues solar related, I want to take the chance to review your case. Please private message me your contact information and I can have a Specialist reach out you.

See above
June 19th, 2018 DETAILS

That act like car salemen, must be on commission

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJun 21, 2018

Thank you for your communication, providing a one-of-a-kind customer experience that fits in with your expectations is what we strive for. We are so sorry to hear this was not the case, it is very disheartening. Please provide your contact information so we can have someone follow up with you immediately!

Anonymous unpermittable
June 19th, 2018 DETAILS

On time, cogent discussion, upfront, no bull.

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJun 21, 2018

This is a wonderful story! Providing the best customer experience is our aim, and it all starts by doing the simple things. So glad to have you as a customer. Thanks for helping us create a planet run by the sun! Power Forward!

Wasted Time
June 19th, 2018 DETAILS

I asked them to call me back and no one did.

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJun 21, 2018

Thanks for your contact! Our aim is to provide a customer experience that meets your expectations! We are so sorry to hear this was the case. Please feel free to send me a private message with your contact information, we would like to have someone reach out to you.

Sam
June 19th, 2018 DETAILS

Agent did not fully disclose all costs for lease program. Did not offer the Pace financing option

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJun 21, 2018

Hello Sam. Starting August 3rd, 2016, the Sunrun Direct sales team is going to begin offering the BrightSave Prepaid + PACE to homeowners. By utilizing the PACE program through CaliforniaFIRST we are now enabling more homeowners to sign up for a prepaid system. This program is only available in CA CaliforniaFIRST is a Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) financing program for residential properties. We will provide your feedback to our sales leadership team. Please private message us any questions you may have.

Unreliable
June 19th, 2018 DETAILS

They said they would call but never did, unreliable

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJun 21, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. Our aim is to always provide great customer service that meets your needs, it's disheartening to hear this was not the case! We would be happy to further investigate this matter. Please private message us your contact information so we can look further into this!

Roger Gibson
June 19th, 2018 DETAILS

Our house, along with 33 Sunrun panels were destroyed by fire. Sunrun's refusal to help in the rebuilding process caused the delay in rebuilding on our lot.

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJun 21, 2018

Thank you for your communication Robert G. We can only imagine how hard it is to experience a house fire, and we are sincerely sorry if we held up the demolition process, or any process at that. The delay was due to the panels still being on the home. The demolishing team would not proceed until we removed the panels, or let them get demolished with the home. It looks like we were able to work towards a resolution. There were only 4 panels left and the structural integrity of the home has been compromised and any individual that gets on the roof is at risk of falling through the roof. 85% of the home is totally destroyed. We see you worked with our Construction Manager and she got you taken care of, and you were able to move forward. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns in regards to the situation.

Joe Melton
June 19th, 2018 New River, AZ DETAILS

The only trouble I am having with Sunrun is I am now paying more for my electricity now that before solar power. Talk to they sale person when I bought this system and he said they would put own 105% of my power used. Think they must have put on about 75 to 85%. Tried to find a way to e-mail them and only found a headache. The panels work good just don't put out like I was told they would do.

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJun 21, 2018

Hello Joe. Thank you for your feedback. Looking at your system's production from April 29th, 2017 to today's date you haven't experienced any service issues. The system's production looks great, the panels are designed to cover 100% of 19,767 kilowatts. If you are still receiving a bill from the utility company it's possible the usage has increased. We would be more than happy to run a savings analysis to see if this is the case. Please private message me your contact information and we can look further into this.

Claire D’Orso
June 19th, 2018 Castle Rock, CO DETAILS

My father had this system installed a few years ago. He passed away, and now we cannot sell the house with these panels on it, and may be obligated to pay the remainder of the “lease”, purchase them, have them removed and replace the Spanish tile roof. There will likely be no money left for my mother, who requires around-the-clock care and now lives with us. Targeting elderly senior citizens at the end of their lives is wrong and ought to be illegal. My parents’ “estate” is now obligated, and could end up bankrupt.

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJun 21, 2018

Hello Claire D. Thank you for your communication. We find that Service Transfers are easiest when the Agreement is disclosed early and made a contingency of the sale. Our Service Transfer process is simple and requires you and the buyer to complete three steps prior to the close of escrow. You and the buyer must sign the "Transfer of Sunrun Solar Service Agreement" form. The form may be signed in counterpart, so the signatures do not need to be on the same copy of the form. The buyer must receive credit approval and can request a link to our online credit application from their Service Transfer Coordinator. You or the buyer must submit proof of Title transfer. This can include a title report with the new homeowner's name on the title, the grant deed or a closing statement. In regards to the tiles on the home. The installation pictures show no broken tiles, none of the cases or project notes on the account mention this. Customer needs to provide pictures of the damage as we don't believe it's from the installation. Feel free to private message me your contact information so we can work towards a resolution.

Raffy
June 18th, 2018 Newton Center, MA DETAILS

Terrible customer service. Company does not communicate amongst its employees. Back end systems don't match up consumers information. Online stats never reflect real time every use. App on phone never shows updated stats. Over all experience has been TERRIBLE! They take no responsibility for any of their mistakes and blame everything on the customer. They penalize you by not sending out technicians to your house on purpose, I was just told this by a rep on the phone!!!

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJun 20, 2018

Thank you for your feedback Raffy. This is frustrating, and not the standard Sunrun customer experience, we will share your feedback with our engineering team. Can you please private message me your contact information so we can look into the App issue for you? We will have a specialist reach out to you, we want to take the chance and change this experience around. Thank you for helping us create a planet run by the sun.

Trung Vo
June 18th, 2018 Katy, TX

I had a 3pm appointment on Sunday for a consultation to get solar panel installed at my house. I had to leave an event to make my appointment at my house, but consultant never showed up. No call or email to let me know he was not going to make it. Wasted my time!!! Very disappointed!!!!

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJun 18, 2018

Hello, Trung v. Thank you for your communication. We strive to always provide outstanding service. We are not pleased to hear that this was not your experience and we will reach out to our leadership team and provide feedback. Please private message me your contact information, a Specialist will contact you. Thank you for creating a planet run by the sun.

Alexandra P
June 15th, 2018 Casa Grande, AZ

I was looking forward to meet with Sunrun rep to learn my options about solar energy. I had an appointment set up 3 days before the schedule time. After 45 minutes of waiting I called the number of the rep that was suppose to meet with me. He stated he was not coming because he was too far away from my residence. Not once I was called or email to reschedule. He stated that the customer service rep that called me to set up the appointment has no idea how far potential customers are from him and he can't accommodate a visit. He can only do a quote online or maybe he can accommodate an appointment on a Saturday. I have to say very disappointed with this company customer service. If is this bad at the beginning it will only be worse as a established customer.

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJun 18, 2018

Thank you for your feedback, Alexandra P. We want to offer a customer experience that meets your expectations! We will share your feedback with our sales leadership team. Please feel free to private message me your contact information and a Specialist will reach out to you. Thank you.

Doug A
June 13th, 2018 DETAILS

Product Sales are too hardcore. Too much like timeshare.

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJun 13, 2018

Thank you for your feedback Dough A. We apologize if our sales representative came on too strong, because this is not how Sunrun treats potential customers. We will share this feedback with our sales leadership team.

Patrick

Never heard back from them after requesting 2 different times

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJun 13, 2018

So sorry to hear this! Please send us a private message with your full name and phone number, so that we may locate your information and get back to you! Thank you for your feedback.

No show salesman
June 13th, 2018 DETAILS

Appt cancelled salesman was double booked

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJun 13, 2018

Thank you for reaching out, we are so sorry to hear that you did not receive any sort of contact from the sales rep. Please provide us your contact information so we can make sure we reach out to you. Thank you for your communication.

Dissatisfied
June 13th, 2018 DETAILS

Never responded to my request for contact. Went with another company.

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJun 13, 2018

We are so sorry to hear about this, it's very disheartening because we work hard for the potential customers looking to go solar. This is not the Sunrun norm, and we apologize this was your experience.

Curt Wegener
June 13th, 2018 DETAILS

Submitted information for a solar system and never heard from them

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJun 13, 2018

Thank you for your feedback, Curt. This is not the typical customer experience and we provided this feedback to the sales leadership. We want to take this chance to turn things around for you, feel free to private message me your contact information.

June 13th, 2018 DETAILS

Seeming good product and competent sales person.

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJun 13, 2018

We are delighted to know you had a wonderful customer experience and you are satisfied with your solar system. Welcome to the Sunrun family. Thank you for helping us create a planet run by the sun!

Becky
June 13th, 2018 DETAILS

Professional people and their customer focus

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJun 13, 2018

Hello, Becky, we are glad that our sales representative was able to answer all your questions and educate you about solar and how it works. We are happy to know that you are excited about going solar and we look forward to having you apart of the Sunrun Family! Power Forward!

Rick
June 13th, 2018 DETAILS

Ronald from SunRun was prompt & his presentation was great!

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJun 13, 2018

Thank you for your feedback, Rick. Our aim is to provide a customer experience that meets your expectations! We would be happy to further investigate this matter. Please private message us your contact information.

John
June 13th, 2018 DETAILS

Many financial questions prior to getting any product information

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJun 13, 2018

Thank you for reaching out, John. We are sorry to hear that this was your experience with Sunrun. This is not the Sunrun norm. Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback.

June 13th, 2018 DETAILS

Inspector (unfortunately I forgot his name) was very courteous, explained everything ahead. Was very professional and mannered.

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJun 13, 2018

This is wonderful to hear! Providing the best customer experience is our aim, and it all starts by doing the simple things. So glad to have you as a customer. Thanks for helping us create a planet run by the sun! Power Forward!

June 13th, 2018 DETAILS

They communicate very well and have people skills.

Dave S.
June 13th, 2018 DETAILS

Very prompt. Willing to take any questions anytime.

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJun 13, 2018

Hello Dave. Our drive is to make solar hassle-free by being attentive and focusing on each individual customer's experience! Thank you for your feedback.

Tina
June 13th, 2018 DETAILS

Not willing to work with people who don't have good credit

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJun 13, 2018

Thank you for your communication, Tina. This is not the typical customer experience and we provided this feedback to the sales leadership. Thank you for the feedback.

Daniel Dias
June 13th, 2018 DETAILS

refused to send me hard copy of proposal in the mail for me to review

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJun 13, 2018

Hello Daniel D. This is not the Sunrun norm, and we would love an opportunity to review what went wrong here so that we may provide the necessary feedback to our team. Please private message me your contact information and we can communicate with your sales rep. Thank you for your feedback.

gerie
June 13th, 2018 DETAILS

They never called us for an appointment.

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJun 13, 2018

Thank you for your communication Gerie. So sorry to hear this! Please send us a private message with your full name and phone number so we can make sure you are contacted for an appointment. This is not the Sunrun norm.

MA
June 13th, 2018 DETAILS

They didn't get back to me after my request on their site

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJun 13, 2018

Hello MA, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize that you were not contacted, feel free to private message me your contact information so we can assist you further. Thank you.

Christina Boydston
June 14th, 2018 Fallbrook, CA DETAILS

TERRIBLE COMPANY We starting a project of getting solar installed with Sunrun in our new home shortly after we moved in in October 2016. Through our time working on this project, we have run against a lot of confusion, errors and overall frustrations. There are many solar companies that we have talked to but we decided to move forward with your company due to your connection with Costco. We have always been impressed with Costco and figured a company working with Costco should have a similar customer focus and professionalism. I would like to go through a few of our many frustrations that we have experienced in working with Sunrun. We started the project in November and didn't get everything installed until Sept 22. They had initially told us that the panels would be installed by April-May of 2017. The communication between our projects leads and the owners of the home was very poor. When we set up our project we set it up originally off of a partial electric bill. Once we realized this we asked to increase the size and quantity of the panels on our project to get closer to our actual energy usage. The employee who was at the house then set it up as two different projects on the same property. One project being the original plan (as the original project was already moving through the process). The second project being the additional panels required for the second plan. At some point, they realized they could not do it as two separate projects so they canceled the separate projects causing us to get an automatic email notification that our project was canceled. In order for us to find out what happened, we had to call them. The canceling of the projects caused an issue with the financing process which we as the customer had to resolve through a series of phone calls and a series of additional paperwork. We were told originally that the roof repair work would be covered in the installation. A while into the project we were informed via email that we would have to pay an additional amount to cover the overage. I called to find out more and was assured a number of times that it was covered. Additional emails came stating we needed to pay, leading to an additional phone call where they stated that we indeed needed to pay extra and that the extra could not be financed. When they came to change out the electric panel we were not informed that our power would be turned off for the whole day until the contractors arrived that day. The communication was buried in a few PDF files attached to an email. No one asked if we wanted to keep the old panel leading to the contractors to throw it away without our permission. After installation, the contractors left us with very limited information about the system and how it worked etc. Causing us to have to follow up with the company to get the manual and other instructions for our new $50,000 appliance. Meanwhile, there were several different people that would contact us for various things and there was no continuity of contacts. Further, there are 4 owners of this property and we asked them numerous times to copy all of us on all email communications which did not happen. After the installation of the system was complete our pump on the pond was not working. We thought it was an issue with the pump so we called someone out to repair it. Come to find out it was not a problem with the pump, the problem was that the panel was not appropriately hooked up to the pump. The screw in the panel box was not connected to the wire. This was causing a spike in electricity usage and causing the pump to not work. In order to determine this, we had to call out a pump guy and an electrician to tell us that Sunrun screwed up the connection. The electrician was able to fix this issue but this cost us extra time and money. Now this month we got our electric bill showing our connection to the solar. At first, it looked promising, until we got a second bill in the mail. I called up SDGE and found out that Sunrun had only hooked the solar up to our water pump electric meter and not to the house. So now not only am I still paying for my HIGH electricity bill on the main property but now I am paying for my solar panels that were supposed to help lower the cost of my electricity. Apparently, the wrong application was filed. A dual application needs to be submitted to connect the solar to both the house and the water pump meters. We did inform a few of the people that we worked with over the last year that there were 2 different electricity meters on the property. All in all, these are some of the biggest issues we have had through this process. There are other issues that were minor but still should not have happened. I have to say that in the end we have not been impressed with Sunrun and would not recommend them to anyone else. We are very disappointed how this entire project was handled. In my opinion, this experience was not worthy of its connection with Costco. They have also sent us to collections for a bill they never sent us and a bill that customer service has no record of. DO NOT USE THEM.

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJun 15, 2018

Hello Christina B. Thank you for reaching out! We sincerely apologize for the overall experience you've had with Sunrun. I understand that you have been working with our executive escalations Manager. He is working with you towards a resolution. Our goal is to deliver a top-notch customer experience and to hear this was not the case is disheartening. We have shared your feedback with our leadership team.

Kelly Allard
June 12th, 2018 Baltic, CT DETAILS

Challenging expierence. They sell you good that you will only have the panel bill plus the connection for the utility company. Well in my case I am out about $376 dollars because their installation crew didn’t hook up all the panels. Despite the fact that I notified my rep twice that I wasn’t generating as much as I should I almost was left holding the bag. Three months later they received a generated message that my system was underperforming and sent a tech out who found that a whole section wasn’t plugged in. A whole section that I was paying for, in addition to utilities because it wasn’t working. The first level customer service is lacking. When my issue was pushed up the ladder, Sunrun reimbursed me the amount I was out.

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezMay 30, 2018

Hello Kelly A. Thank you for your feedback and reaching out to us. We are so sorry to hear about the experience you’ve had so far with Sunrun, this is not the Sunrun norm. We want to take this chance and turn things around for you because our customers are very important to us. We’ve checked your system’s production and you’re not having any production issues, the system is doing great! Sunrun proactively monitors the system. We can also provide your feedback to our Sales Leadership team. Please send us a private message with your contact information and we can look further into this.

Yolanda Kline
June 18th, 2018 Lomita, CA DETAILS

My husband signed an agreement while sick and having chemo therapy. Unfortunately he initialled every section locking us into a 20yr lease. monthly cost cost, true up cost and cost from southern cal edison. saddly my husband passed away and i had no idea abut sunrun and what crooks they are. there are only two option stay in the lease for 20 years or purchase and they have thousand of dollars of hidden fees that are only internal to they and cant share how they calculate the current appraisal and he tax.. their customer "specialist" didnt care about anything except what you have to pay no exceptions. The pay out after 7 years plus 3000 intial fee totaled to 22,620 , it took months before i could get a payout which the contract stated 14k,, but they add apraisal fees taxes. I also asked about cancel and i was told no that wasnt an option. I asked how were the pannels appraised and i was told its an internal process they dont share, sunrun has the worst customer service and i would never recommend them.

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJun 18, 2018

Hello Yolanda K. Thank you for your communication. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused during a hard time. We want to make sure we address your question. The way we calculate the cost of the system is, the initial cash price in the agreement plus the price of the fair market value plus tax. When customers request the price of the system we send an email that includes a breakdown of what totals the cost. Please private message me if you have any questions. Thank you for being a Sunrun customer. Minimum cash purchase price: $xxxx + Residual value: $xxxx + Sales tax (x.x%): $xxx = Total system purchase price: $xxxx.xx

Norberto Hernandez
June 12th, 2018 Los Banos, CA

I was all for going solar back in 2017 when I started the process with Sunrun rep Michael in October. Signed on to get panels told by December would be up and running. In April they started installation with appointments for installation schedule and cancelled, rescheduled and nothing three times. Was called by top management who promised it would be done and told me that he personally was sending me a $500 gift card for all the trouble with installation still waiting for it. Installation occurred did not pass inspection. Repairs done inspection completed ok to go. One month late not solar. No calls and no MIchael he stopped answering text and did not show up for appointment. I would give less stars if I could. Was thinking of recommending them to other put I don't want to give others the same trouble I am having. Norberto Hernandez

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJun 13, 2018

Thank you for your communication, Norberto. We strive to always provide outstanding service. In keeping with this, operating with the highest level of integrity happens without question! That's why we immediately shared your experience with our sales leadership team.

Disappointed customer
June 8th, 2018 Hemet, CA

I’m in the process of trying to get solar and it has been a nightmare we started in March and was told we would be up and running by June 1st. We have gone through the inspection process and was sent to final design and the sales representative came out with the results and said that we need to pay and additional $3000 to get the equipment installed and Sunrun would only pay $6000. They were going to install 38 panels onto 3 planes of the home. I was promised when we started the process that we would not be asked for any additional fees to put the panels on the roof that Sunrun will absorb the cost. So when I was told I had to pay an additional $3000 I was floored and the sales representative then told me that we had quite a bit of damage to the roof we then asked do you have any pictures to show the damage and he said no but will get them and send them to me. I also said I will not pay that to get them installed so he said I will go back to my boss and get it taken care of that he was the best sales rep out there and he will get back to me in 2 days and that’s all he needs and not to worry. This was April 30. He then did not get back to us so after 2 weeks we text him and he said his boss is out of town and will get back to us the next day. Well another week goes by and I call him now and it says he went on vacation for 2 weeks and will return May 27. So still no call when he returns I then call June first a little annoyed at this time and he said sorry he just dropped the ball and will work on it so he calls back a few days later and said there was nothing he can do but he has an idea to change from a 220 watt to 330 watt system and use only 2 planes on the roof and that should drop the $3000 we owe and it will produce a little less. And it will be $1040 now. I’m at a loss and don’t know what to do and after reading all the comments here I don’t think moving forward is a good idea.

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJun 08, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. Our aim is to provide a customer experience that meets your expectations! We would be happy to further investigate this matter. We apologize for any issues or inconveniences this may have caused you. This is not the Sunrun norm. Please private message me your contact information and a Specialist will reach out to you.

Tim Corso
June 7th, 2018 Fresno, CA DETAILS

Why can not sun run fix my system that I have with battery no one knows what they are doing when they come to my house to fix system. We installed in April 2018 2 weeks later it broke down we did not receive phone call and the repair team shows up telling me they are here to fix problem. It broke again on June 5th and was told 9 times some one would call me and show up no one did. On June 6th tech showed up with out calling and tried to fix system he did not the battery got so hot you could not touch box, I had to shut system down again. My question is can some one call me and tell the truth and send out tech that knows what they are doing, we did not have sun run put their property on our house for looks I was hoping it would work which it has not as of date. Signed very angry

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJun 07, 2018

Hello Tim, thank you for your feedback. We are so sorry you've had multiple issues, this is not the Sunrun norm. We can see you've been in contact with a Specialist, and the system is working without any issues. The tech went out to review the system 06/07/2018. The battery is not overheating. The batteries have a sensor installed in case it overheats the system will shut off on its own. Kimberly was able to credit you one month's worth of services as a courtesy and has reassured you that your system has been working since it was activated. You can check my Sunrun and we also granted you access to Solaredge so you can see the battery activity. We will have the Specialist reach out to you once more to address your continued concerns.

Rich B
June 5th, 2018 Peoria, AZ DETAILS

They left no proposal and i still have not heard back from them.

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJun 06, 2018

Hello Rich B. Thank you for your communication, providing a one-of-a-kind customer experience that fits-in with your expectations is what we strive for. We are so sorry to hear this was not the case, it is very disheartening. Please provide your contact information so we can have someone follow up with you immediately!

Stephen0118
June 5th, 2018 Stevenson Ranch, CA DETAILS

The warranty was shorter than what I expected. It was only 10 years.

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJun 06, 2018

Hello Stephen. Thank you for your communication in regards to the warranties. We offer a couple different warranties when it comes to the solar system. We are more than happy to review yours specifically, please feel free to private message me your contact information.

tony
June 5th, 2018 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS

The sales person was ill informed and did not know her product

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJun 06, 2018

Thank you for reaching out, Tony. We are sorry to hear that this was your experience with Sunrun. This is not the typical Sunrun experience, our drive is to make solar hassle-free by being attentive when explaining the product to our potential customers. This feedback will be shared with our sales leadership team. Thank you for your feedback.

Ace
June 5th, 2018 Modesto, CA DETAILS

I asked him for a quote they gave me a quote but they can explain it to me where the money is going break down the charges when do business with this company

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJun 06, 2018

Thank you for your communication Ace. We make sure to provide the best possible pricing and quality for R&R of the system. This task takes a considerable amount of labor and skill. With the re-wiring and securing of each panel, the majority of the cost comes from labor. The great news is, you can be assured that your solar facility is being handled by professionals and will be up and running in no time.