8.0

16 hours ago

Sunrun

verified
Sunrun has helped over 180,000 customers save more than $100 million on their electricity bills with solar!

There are many solar companies out there, but which one actually provides the most value and best customer service? We've made it our mission to find out. After conducting exhaustive research on the solar industry and gathering hundreds of Sunrun reviews, we've weighed the good and the bad and discovered Sunrun to be one of the top installers of solar panels based on a variety of criteria points. The company, which is based in San Francisco, California, has installed over 950 megawatts of solar power and helped consumers in 20 states and Washington D.C. to lower their electricity bills.

The Good

• Payment Flexibility
  • 20-Year Maintenance
  • Roof Warranties and Coverage for Solar Panels
  • Battery Storage Options
  • High Level of Transparency with Customers
  • Installation Experience
  • Extensive Availability
  • Helpful Website

Payment Flexibility

In order to fit the needs of almost any customer, Sunrun offers several financing options, including solar leases, Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs), prepayments, outright purchases, and loans. Sunrun solar lease and PPA options give customers the chance to reap the benefits of a home solar system for zero to little upfront cost. The prepayment option features all of the same benefits as the lease option, except the customer doesn't have to worry about the hassle of monthly payments. Purchasing a Sunrun solar system outright provides customers with long-term savings, while financing a Sunrun solar system through a loan allows customers to make payments to own their system, which provides long-term benefits.

20-Year Maintenance

If customers choose to lease or obtain a PPA, Sunrun will own the system and, therefore, is responsible for all maintenance and repairs of the system. Additionally, Sunrun will refund customers if the panels installed on their roof ever underperform.

Roof Warranties and Coverage for Solar Panels

Other benefits of Sunrun's product include a 10-year warranty on systems that are purchased, a 20-year warranty on systems that are leased, and 24/7 system monitoring (provided by Sunrun).

Battery Storage Options

Sunrun offers a battery storage option that can be purchased or leased called Brightbox. With Brightbox, customers can enjoy safe, clean, and reliable backup power in the event of a blackout. Additionally, Brightbox helps customers save money by seamlessly optimizing when a home uses electricity generated by solar panels, stored in the battery, or from the grid.

High Level of Transparency with Customers

Sunrun provides an abundance of information on its website and strives to be very transparent with its customers. The company's website includes a detailed FAQ section, a helpful guarantee page, and an informative "Plans and Services" page that will help customers better understand how to move forward with Sunrun and start taking advantage of solar power.

Installation Experience

When it comes to solar installation, Sunrun is one of the most experienced companies in the solar industry. In fact, the company is one of the few solar installers that has installed over 950 megawatts of solar energy. As a result, Sunrun has offset 1.7 million tons of carbon emissions and helped more than 180,000 customers to reduce their electricity bills and take advantage of net metering.

Extensive Availability

Sunrun currenty offers solar energy services in the following states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Hawaii, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, Nevada, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Washington D.C., and Wisconsin.

Helpful Website

Sunrun's website includes a variety of blog posts and helpful, easy-to-digest resources, including information on solar panels, plans and services, the cost of solar, warranties, installations, rebates and incentives, net metering, and more.

Considering doing business with Sunrun? Click here.

The Bad

• Outsourcing Installations for Remote Homes

Outsourced Installations for Remote Homes

A majority of Sunrun's installations are performed in-house, meaning that Sunrun employees will install the solar systems themselves, which is ideal. Occasionally, the company will contract other installers to work on homes that are too remote for Sunrun itself to reach. While Sunrun does train and approve these third-party contractors before they work on a home, this outsourcing strategy has often led to inconsistencies in performance upon installation. Consequently, customer satisfaction concerning the installation quality and overall experience varies.

The Bottom Line

Overall, Sunrun is highly recommended to homeowners who are looking to go solar. Sunrun's high quality solar energy systems, variety of financing options, lengthy maintenance coverage and warranties, and customer service and transparency are attractive features that make breaking away from your utility company and switching to solar simple and affordable.

Interested in going solar with Sunrun? Click here. Want to learn more about Sunrun? Check out the Sunrun solar reviews from real customers below.

Call our recommended rep over at Sunrun below.

3.4

Kyle Nicotre
August 20th, 2018 Clifton, TX

I emailed them and never heard from them.

Martin A Musial
August 20th, 2018

Just in the beginning phase site survey done, waiting for design from sunrun

Andrea
August 20th, 2018 Denver, CO DETAILS

I’ve been a sun run customer for over a year. In June, our home was hit with a big hail storm which resulted in us needing a new roof. I contacted sun run in early July to start the process of removing our solar panels so our contractor could put on a new roof. On July 18, I sent in a document which was requested by sunrun. It is now over a month later, several phone calls to customer service, and I still have not gotten our removal scheduled. My contractor had to charge me extra mone6 because he was also doing my neighbors house and was going to use the same trash bin for our old shingles. Because we couldn’t get started when he was ready, I’m having to pay to bring the trash bin back, if and when I ever get to have my ne2 roof installed. What should I do next sunrun? Phone calls aren’t helping...

Desiree Tinney
August 20th, 2018 Buckeye, AZ DETAILS

Horrible customer service, lie to get you to sign a contract and then won’t let you out, I am paying more now then I ever did before Solar. Every time I call I am told something new no one will stick to their word. At this point I am so frustrated I just want it removed yet they won’t even do that... No one will even buy our home when they learn we have solar through Sun Run..... walk away do NOT use these people....

Gary Uftring
August 15th, 2018 Scottsdale, AZ

They never called me back! Still waiting for call

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezAug 16, 2018

Thank you for reaching out Gary U. It's upsetting to hear that you've not been contacted, this is not the Sunrun norm. Please provide your contact information so we can have the correct department contact you.

Bill Badger
August 13th, 2018 Manchester Center, VT DETAILS

Sunrun has to rank up there with the most disorganized companies of all time. We are finally hooked up and running, but it has been a long painful process and if we didn't push on our end I am not sure we would even get on line. Internal communications seem to be non-existent, people either can't give an answer or give wrong information. It took us over four months from when we started talking to finally going active. The panels were on the roof for over five weeks before they were hooked into the grid because our utility company had not been notified. The references that Sunrun gave us should have been a tip off - not one of them had yet been hooked up. I could go on and on, but just beware and be patient.

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezAug 15, 2018

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, Bill. We hate to hear your service was not what you expected. We would be happy to further investigate this matter. Operating with the highest level of integrity happens without question! That's why we immediately shared your experience to our sales leadership team. We apologize for any delays caused.

Gary Jacobson
August 13th, 2018 Lake Shasta, CA

I wanted a PPA. Person gave me a quote on a purchase of a solar system. Told him again I wanted to lease. He said he would “call in some favors” that’s when I left the conversation.

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezAug 13, 2018

Hello Gary J. Thank you for your feedback. We would like to share your feedback with our sales leadership team. Can you please provide us your contact information via private message? Thank you. We apologize for any miscommunication. For more information on leasing a system please visit Sunrun.com, you can see what plans and services Sunrun offers.

George Tausiani
August 10th, 2018 Sun City, AZ DETAILS

Not sure yet...salesman said we could lower the temp. on our thermostat as we will not be on the APS Grid anymore.....so we lowered it a couple of degrees and now have a bill with APS for $126 and $135 with Sunrun....which is more than I paid last year at this time...I’ll give it a few months and if it continues, I’ll have to see an attorney.....don’t believe the sales person as he’s trying to make a living...also, the installation was shabby...had to call them out a few times to make adjustments. Saw that some flashing was coming up and reported it again.....no action yet and it’s been about 3 weeks...

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezAug 13, 2018

Thank you for your feedback, George T. Our aim is to provide a customer experience that meets your expectations! This begins with our unwavering dedication to delivering customer service that meets your needs. I see your system is set up to generate 13,488 kWh the first year. Your pre solar usage is 12,996 kWh. We're set up to cover 104% of your utility bill. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

David Hurd
August 8th, 2018 Chico, CA

I email a request to provide ma a proposal for a solar system mounted on an elevated support structure. Not on my tile roof. Received an email acknowledgment from Sunrun. No follow through.

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezAug 08, 2018

Hello David H. Thank you for your communication. Please feel free to private message us with your request. We would be more than happy to see what we can do to help.

Justin Taysom
August 8th, 2018 Midlothian, IL

Never worked with a more well rounded and honorable solar company.

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezAug 08, 2018

Thank you, Justin, for your kind review. We are proud to hear how satisfied our customers are. We are here to create a planet run by the sun and you are a part of this as well, thank you! Power forward!

John Heyd
August 8th, 2018 Byron, CA

Not the cheapest bid. Was unhappy with warranty available, only 15 years vrs 25 offered by other companies. Salesman was not willing to negotiate price offered by competitors.

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezAug 08, 2018

Hello, Solar costs have declined significantly, and are at their lowest point in over 30 years. Solar is now more affordable than ever and advances in technology have improved system quality and design. On average the total cost of solar installation can be between $15,000 to $29,000 for average sized systems sized between 4kW and 8kW.2 Sunrun solar lets you get started for as little as $0 down and helps you lower your electric bill. If you want to own your system, we do that too.

James Blake
August 8th, 2018 Saratoga Springs, UT DETAILS

Great product. Everything I could’ve wanted to make going solar worth it.

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezAug 08, 2018

Thank you so much for the awesome feedback! We love hearing from our customers, it is very important for us as a growing company. Welcome to the Sunrun family. Power forward.

Dianna Petrytus
August 1st, 2018 Litchfield Park, AZ DETAILS

The audacity of this company, they wanted me to revise my review of them. Heck no I will not, they can't take a negative review yet no one returns calls, our system is not producing what we were told it would produce and I am struck with almost $2000 worth of electric bills as well as my frekking $161 a month to Sunrun for solar during the summer. They can take my review and put it where the sun done't shine. I WILL NOT CHANGE IT. We have had Sunrun for almost 2 years, we were told that the only fee to our electric company would be the connection charge. In 24 months I have had only 6 months were that was the case. My electric bills with APS are over 300 - 500 a month during 6 months of the year and over $100 in December when we don't have the AC on, on top of the $161 I pay to Sunrun, their customer service sucks they say its not their system to call APS and APS tell me to call Sunrun. there is no one home during the day during work hours and the AC is turned up to 85 so it doesn't run when no one is home. Their product is crap, their customer service is even worse an we feel we have been blatantly lied to. I am turning my account over to a local TV station because they got someone money on fraudulent practices.

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJul 30, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. Our aim is to always provide great customer service that meets your needs, it's disheartening to hear this was not the case! We work hard to be human-centered and transparent with our customers. We will submit your feedback to our leadership team.

Darren
July 31st, 2018 Buckeye, AZ

Not impressed with the sales associate. I’ll leave her name out, but she was a smart a**. Texting me condescending messages is not the way to gain my business.

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJul 31, 2018

Thank you for your communication, Darren. We are so sorry to hear this was your experience with the sales rep. This is not the Sunrun norm, and we want to take the chance to turn things around for you. Please private message me your contact information, and we will have a Specialist reach out to you.

MAUREEN KILLMER
July 31st, 2018 Henderson, NV DETAILS

I do not have anything to say other than if I move I would defiantly use SunRun again

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJul 31, 2018

Hello Maureen K. Thank you so much for your taking to the time to leave this wonderful review. We are happy to hear you would use us again. Thank you for helping us create a planet run by the sun! Power Forward!

Michael L Jones
July 30th, 2018 Corpus Christi, TX DETAILS

The Rudest People , I have ever tried to do business with . Emailed to start a quote , there rep call and transferred me to some one else! I told them we were on SSI and dont pay taxes so the tax credit would not help us . She informed me that in that case I could not afford them !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SUNRUN YOU BETTER GET BETTER SALES PEOPLE > I CAN AFFORD ANYTHING I LOOK INTO !!!!! You lose me and everyother retired person i can Tell !!!!!

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJul 26, 2018

Hello, Michael L. Operating with the highest level of integrity happens without question! That's why we immediately shared your experience with our sales leadership team. We apologize if you were given the wrong impression, this is not the Sunrun norm. We offer a variety of plans and services to make our systems affordable. Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback.

Dan Zimmerman
July 25th, 2018 Orlando, FL

I witnessed first hand the belligerent and abusive nature of the regional sales manager for the Orlando/Tampa area. This individual is in dire need of training in dealing with people. It is incomprehensible how this person is in the position he has when there is a complete lack of professional demeanor. Sunrun needs to address their management in this newly developed region with high retail visibility in how they interact with sales people. It appears to be a rush decision to put this person (with initials "B.S") into this position when clearly he does not have the skills needed. This is a great industry and a growing company, however, I feel sorry for anyone who has to work under this type of "manager". I will find another company to do business with as this was a big red flag for me.

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJul 26, 2018

Thanks for your communication, Dan Z. This is not the typical customer experience and we provided this feedback to the sales leadership. We want to take this chance to turn things around for you, please feel free to private message us your contact information. A Specialist will reach out to you.

travis Laird
July 24th, 2018 Chowchilla, CA DETAILS

I’m not one to write reviews but everyone who decides to go with this company be warned, sun run will put the panels on fast, I’ll give them that but customer service is terrible. Once you put the panels, you will fight all help from there, they wash there hands of you from there. I have a two story house and after they put solar up my roof was covered with pigeons, pooping all over the solar and than dropping feces on to the ground in the front and back yard. I called a fought with them multiple times because I lease the panels I do not own them. Sun run never put bird/animal guards around the panels. Ultimately cuting corners and told me to pay and extra 800 dollars to have a sister company of theres to come in to put up the bird screens, Solar City does this at no cost when the home owners begins to have bird or animal problems, I’m looking into getting rid of this company because the bird droppings are known to give kids and the elderly health problems, if I can succeed with this I will go Solar City hands down. My father was going to get sun run on three company’s but now is looking somewhere else, Sun Run has been terrible with him as well. The homeowners ive talked to are all unhappy, the positive reviews I guarantee are people who work for Sun Run.

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJul 26, 2018

Hello Travis L. This is not the Sunrun norm, and we would love an opportunity to review what went wrong here so that we may provide the necessary feedback to our team. We are sorry to hear that this was your experience with Sunrun. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Jsgroth
July 24th, 2018 Lake Havasu City, AZ

Got one phone call and I was told that I would receive a quote for my project but did not receive it??? There was no follow up from rep.

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJul 26, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that this was your experience with Sunrun. This is not the typical Sunrun experience, our drive is to make solar hassle-free by being attentive when explaining the product to our potential customers. This feedback will be shared with our sales leadership team. Thank you for your feedback. Please private message me your contact information.

David Gilcrease
July 23rd, 2018 Arlington, TX

Terrible follow up. Salesperson less than excited. Terrible. He took pictures and said the design team would follow up within 24 hours nothing. 4 days later! He has not even called me back to check. Terrible needs some customer service training and sales training badly. So dissapointed.

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJul 26, 2018

Thank you for your feedback, David. We understand that first impressions are everything, and to hear this was not the case is upsetting. Our aim is to provide great sales experience that meets your needs. We apologize for any inconveniences, your information has been directed to the proper department. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

David Roberts
July 23rd, 2018 Arlington, TX

Terrible. Sales person not actually excited at all. Hum drum said he would take pictures and someone would get back to us in 24 hours nothing as of today 4 days ago. He did not even go over your program. Waste of my time!!!. Dealt with Solar City in the past boy night and day with customer service. Your company needs work! and I mean work on it. Its terrible.

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJul 26, 2018

Thanks for your communication, David R. This is not the typical customer experience and we provided this feedback to the sales leadership.

Peggy Atkerson
July 23rd, 2018 Lewisville, TX

Someone called. I talked with her. She said a different part of the company needed to talk to me -- BUT NO ONE EVER CALLED BACK! Bad customer service!

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJul 26, 2018

Hello Peggy A. Thank you for reaching out. We would like to get to the bottom of your issue, please private message us your contact information and we can have a specialist contact you.

Chris
July 23rd, 2018 Redding, CT

They cancelled 1hr prior to the meeting and never called back to reschedule

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJul 26, 2018

Hello Chris, thank you for reaching out. We strive to always provide outstanding service. In keeping with this, operating with the highest level of integrity happens without question! This is not the Sunrun norm and we have provided your feedback to the designated department.

Tom Steitz
July 23rd, 2018 Fresno, CA

Was given a price from the salesman who spent 2 hours with us and then 5 days later raises the price by $54.00. He claimed it was just a spitball estimate, but spent 2 hours of our time for nothing. I will not use these installers, they cannot be trusted.

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJul 26, 2018

Thank you for your communication Tom S. We are so sorry to hear about this experience, we value your time. To hear this is disheartening, we want to take the chance and turn things around. We would be more than happy to review the size of the system, and what the price would be. We have shared your information with our leadership team as well. Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns.

Gemma Boiser-Sy
July 19th, 2018 San Dimas, CA

We couldn't be more pleased with our sales representative Roger D. He is extremely knowledgeable and is very accessible, and is very pleasant. He was constantly giving us updates on the progress of the application process.

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJul 20, 2018

We love hearing stories like yours! After all, providing a one-of-a-kind customer experience that fits in with your expectations is what we strive for. So thrilled you're a part of our grand mission in creating a planet run by the sun! Power Forward!

DAVID R OLGUIN
July 19th, 2018 San Bernardino, CA DETAILS

My Wife and I choose Sunrun due to their affiliation with Coscto. I was initially skeptical due the negative reviews I read online however given the sales pitch, design presentation and overall reputation of the company - we decided to move forward. I have broken my review into three categories: 1. Installation The Team arrived on time and represented themselves in a professional demeanor. The team worked continually throughout the day with minimal down time and were very respectful of our lawn and landscaped areas in which they were working around. The Foreman was well versed in the products his team was installing and even shared with me some concerns he had with the design layout. Upon completion of their work, The Team cleaned up and made sure no debris was left behind. (I give the installation team a 5/5 star rating) 2. Production Our system was designed to produce roughly 11,500kwh - which equals 23 panels all on one side of my roof. A. 11,500kwh breaks down (with all things being equal) to 958kwh/month 1. We are producing on average 28kwh (average daily temperature in my area is 95 degrees with roughly 13 hours of sunlight) a. Based on this average (in June we produced 850kwh) we will produce during the Summer months 875kwh/month which equals 10,500kwh roughly 1000kwh less than what our system was designed produce. 2. System began producing May 9th and averaged 20.8kwh for a total of 438kwh for the month. If we produced for the entire month of May, the system would have generated 644.8kwh (if you take the average x 31 days. It is important to note production is dependent upon direct sunlight and length of day). B. Concern – given that Summer provides optimal sunshine and longer days, it is hard for me to believe our system will generate close to 11,500kwh when you take into consideration what our current average is along with what we produced in May. C. On-line IM chat with Sunrun customer service outlined Our system should be producing 58kwh/day (there words not mine and I have transcripts on all interactions to support this claim). (I give production a 2/5 star rating for failing to meet production standards) 3. Customer Service/Resolution A. We have been in constant contact with Sunrun Customer Service and as of today, have not had any of our concerns brought to a resolution. 1. We have had multiple “shade surveys” completed and removed trees Sunrun outlined hampered production. However, after removal we have not seen an increase in production. B. During installation we were told: “if shade covers any of your panels, the entire row will stop producing” and “Im surprised the design called for all panels on one side given the lack of direct sunlight to this side of the house”. 1. This information was relayed to Customer Support and included in the Foreman notes and yet still no willingness to address these issues. C. We have also been told we have to wait one (1) year to determine if the system is underproducing at which point Sunrun may make adjustments to the current design (however I am still paying the same amount of money for a system to produce a specific amount of Kwh). (As of now, I give Customer support 1/5 stars) Other areas to note: 1. Tax rebate – if you owe back taxes or have any pending tax issues, please note – your rebate will be used to pay off any of your tax debt. So if you owe $8,000 in taxes and your rebate is $6,000 you will not receive any of that money – it will go to paying off your taxes. 2. If possible, get a power production guarantee in writing and do not move forward until that is locked in (if purchasing). 3. Be mindful of your electricity usage and any overage from what you are producing and what you are using from the grid. For example, if you produce 800kh for the month and use 300kwh from the grid – understand you will be required to pay that difference at whatever rate you agreed to at the time of sale. The above has been our experience and our hope is that Sunrun takes proactive steps to help address our concerns.

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJul 20, 2018

Hello David, thank you for your communication. It sounds like things have not gone as expected, this is disheartening! We absolutely understand the importance of being transparent when selling a product such as solar. We have submitted your feedback to our leadership team, thank you for taking the time to share your concerns.

Donna
July 19th, 2018 Dayville, CT

They cancelled and rescheduled appointment three times after we took the morning out of work to meet with them. Needless to say we do not think much of them. Is that the kind of service people get after an install?

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJul 26, 2018

Thank you for your feedback, Donna. Our aim is to provide a customer experience that meets your expectations! This begins with our unwavering dedication to delivering a great customer experience. This is certainly not the Sunrun norm, and we apologize for any inconveniences we may have caused. We will share your feedback with our sales leadership team. Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns.

Greg
July 18th, 2018 Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Made an appointment over the phone and nobody showed up the day of the appointment. Still have not received a call,email, or anything. I would not choose a company that can’t even bother to call.

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJul 18, 2018

So sorry to hear this Greg! Please send us a private message with your full name and phone number, so that we may locate your account and ensure you are contacted.

Frederique Shea
July 16th, 2018 Bloomfield, CT DETAILS

We had a sales representative come to our house for an initial meeting. We were interested into getting information about buying solar panels. The sales person said he thought that it was not a good idea and avoided getting us any info about that option. Instead, he went on on trying to get us sign a contract to lease their panels. My husband kept telling him that he wouldn't sign anything on that first meeting and asked to have copies about their offer sent to him. We did get the copies with my husband's signature and initials forged on a contract. At no point during our meeting did I or my husband sign anything! Also, the numbers given by the sales representative about the "savings" we would make were wrong. We spent time reviewing his calculations and discovered that he misled us by omitting to deduct from his calculations the non-avoidable $25 monthly cost that we'll always have to pay our electrical company in order to stay connected.

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJul 18, 2018

First off, we would like to sincerely apologize for your experience. This is not the Sunrun norm and we would love an opportunity to review exactly what went wrong here. If interested, please provide the name and address on your Agreement so that we can reach out to further discuss your experience. We will provide your feedback to our sales leadership team.

Mary Smith
July 13th, 2018 Las Vegas, NV

My experience with the sales person and the site inspector was a very good one. The information presented was detailed and easy to understand, but I decided not to go with the company because interviewing a competitor I found a better deal on financing and product warranties.

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJul 13, 2018

We are so pleased to hear that you had a positive experience with our customer care team. Our goal, as a company is to be customer obsessed. We are so excited to welcome you to the Sunrun family.

Ernestine
July 11th, 2018 Ft. Washington, MD DETAILS

On the day I was supposed to meet with the agent I left her a voice mail before our scheduled meeting that I wanted to rechedule. She said she never got it and showed up anyway. We met and this is just the beginning. I did not realize until the panels had been installed how much she did not tell us or how some of the information was inaccurate. To go into full detail would take too much time. After reading some of the bad reviews I know I also should speak up about my bad experience. If I had read the reviews before I signed the agreement I would have never considered this company. We were misinformed about doing a credit inquiry, not fully explained about the payments, misinformed about getting solar skirts and now we are told we can get solar skirts for an additional fee and signing a home improvement agreement. We are very very displeased and feel we are trapped in the panels. Please read your agreement thoroughly before signing because more than likely it is an e-signature.

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJul 11, 2018

Thanks for reaching out Ernestine. We want to take this chance to better understand your review. Please private message us your contact information, and we further discuss your inquiry, thank you.

Amber Bergeron
July 10th, 2018 Buckeye, AZ DETAILS

If I was to write this review a year ago, it would be 5 stars hands down. When we got our system installed we had great service and communication. The past few months, we have been having terrible bird issues on our panels. It is to the point where we can even hear the birds while in our house. I contacted Sunrun regarding the bird issue and the customer service rep told us that since we live in AZ, we will get bird netting installed and the panels cleaned for free. We were so grateful he told us this as he said usually it can cost $800-$1800. He said we will receive an email from the contractor to setup a time for them to come out and the process will go faster since we don’t have to get a quote. One week later we still haven’t received an email so I called again speaking to a different customer service rep. She said that they do not do the bird services free and that it will cost us about $800-$1800. I asked about my previous conversation and she said it was noted that I agreed to all charges and understood it was not free. I was very confused at this point. She put me on hold so she can speak to her supervisor and I guess her supervisor confirmed the no. She said we will receive an email to setup the quote. Three weeks later, we still have never received this email. I called again and they stated again that we will receive an email. At this point, we are very disappointed in using Sunrun and regret using them and utilizing them for an investment. We can tell our panels are covered with bird poop, eggs fall on our sidewalk every week, and once again we can hear them in our house. We will be looking elsewhere to get the panels taken care of. Sunrun, take care of your customers! I never expected it to be free but when I was told that, we were very grateful then was lied too. Please train all of your employees on the same policies.

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJul 11, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. Our aim is to always provide great customer service that meets your needs, it's disheartening to hear this was not the case! We work hard to be human-centered and transparent with our customers. We will submit your feedback to our sales leadership team. Feel free to private message us your contact information and we can look further into this, thank you for helping create a planet run by the sun.

Robert Lopez
July 10th, 2018 Palmdale, CA DETAILS

What a nightmare. First off I am experiencing the same issues as another customer review. Signing up with Sunrun has been the worst decision I have ever made. I have not had service for over a month now. I have a leak on my tile roof that they can't find and do not take responsibility for. Home is 10 years old and wasn't leaking until they installed the panels but they don't want to hear it. As far as my service not working, I didn't know until I received a call from a service tech 2 weeks later, he stated it needed an inverter and it would be up in 1.5 weeks. It has been over 2 weeks and no calls. I have reached out to them numerous times now and get the run around. Is it fair to have to pay for service you are not receiving? The entire purpose was to get rid of SCE. They also promised me a "supervisor" or the right person will call you back but nobody ever does. Since I am in a contract there is really nothing I can do and they know it. They also gave me the warranty they speak of. They say they will monitor your system and do any and all repairs for free. They do not mention it could take months and if they are monitoring they take their time about reaching out to you. Do your homework and get quotes from several reputable companies before you go solar and truly understand your contract. I too do not want to see anyone get stuck in the same situation I am in. I am currently going to report them to the better business bureau and am seeking an attorney to get out of my contract and have them remove that equipment that does not work.

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJul 11, 2018

Thank you for your feedback Robert L. We sincerely apologize for the overall experience you've had with Sunrun. We will provide your feedback to our management team. we've replaced the inverter to address the services issues, and I see now we are looking into an early performance guarantee. You are currently working with a specialist to get this resolved. Thank you for your valued patience while we got this resolved.

Roger I.
July 6th, 2018 Palmdale, CA DETAILS

I dont have enough space to list all issues I have had since signing up with Sunrun but I will say it has been the worst decision I have ever made as a homeowner. Since my system was installed (over 4 years now) it has not once produced the power promised. Even with my Sunrun system I am paying the electric company between $1300 and $2000 a year. Please dont be fooled by the "guarantee" they offer on your power production, it is a scam. What it does is pays you for what they dont produce however it does not come close to covering what you will pay your electric company. The purpose of solar is to keep you in lower tiers with your utility company. When solar under produces your tiers go up and you pay the higher rate. For example my Edison bill last year was a bit over $1300, Sunrun gave me about $300 back in underproduction and I get stuck paying the extra $1000 out of pocket to Edison. Sunrun has done nothing to fix the issue and the customer service is nonexistent. The folks who answer the calls are always very polite however they cant resolve your problems. They promise a "supervisor" or the right person will call you back but nobody ever does. Oddly every time I call all of the supervisors are "in a meeting" all at the same time. Since I am in a contract there is really nothing I can do and they know it. Next is their "warrant" they speak of. It sounds great that they will monitor your system and do any and all repairs for free. Here is the issue with that. About two years after my under producing system was installed my "inverter" went out during the summer months which means I was producing zero power. Sunrun let me know that they were out of stock and it would be months before they fixed it. I asked if that meant they were not able to do any new installs across the entire country because they had no inverters and of course they said they had inverters to do new installs but none to repair the systems of their "valued" customers. So I went many months of no solar at all but don't think for a second they will let you stop paying them even though they wont repair your system. Anyway my Edison bill was $2000 that year and what Sunrun refunded me didn't even come close to covering it. If nothing else please do your homework and get quotes from several reputable companies before you go solar and truly understand your contract. I made mistakes as well that are completely my own fault. I am paying Sunrun more money for less power than some of my friends/relatives I was able to steer away from Sunrun to other companies. The salesman gave me a good pitch and I signed up without shopping around. That is completely my fault but all I have asked from Sunrun is to simply produce the power I am paying for and they have not lived up to their end of the deal one time since I signed on. And again, your in a contract for a very long time. Once they have you on the hook they have zero motivation to help you. All I can do at this point is tell my story in reviews and hang out with the poor sales representatives at Costco and warn all of their potential victims about what they are really getting with Sunrun. I don't know if there is a way for potential customers to contact me direct from here but if there is feel free to message me. I will be glad to explain all of the issues I have and what I have learned. I really don't want to see anyone get stuck in the same situation I am in. Also as of the date of this review my system is completely shut down and not producing any power. I have no idea if/when they will repair it so I can at least get what little power it does produce.

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJul 09, 2018

Thank you for your feedback Roger. First off, we would like to sincerely apologize for your experience. This is not the Sunrun norm and we would love an opportunity to review exactly what went wrong here. If interested, please provide the name and address on your Agreement so that we can reach out to further discuss your experience. We do not take this lightly and will provide the necessary feedback to the appropriate Managers. We sincerely appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

Juyi Youk
July 5th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

I had a free consultation 3 weeks ago. Costco financing and gift card bla bla was all good. I didn't sign right away. 2 weeks later I sent text massages to sales person that I might want to start later and not right away and I had some additional questions. My phone showed the massage was read. No respond until now. I can imagine how good customer service I could get once it is sold and installed.

WAYNE BARBOUR
July 5th, 2018 Shingle Springs, CA DETAILS

I researched a lot of solar companies. I asked many of my friends that had solar installed. At that time, 2014, there were very few that offered a PPA plan. Sunrun was one. I talked with their Rep. He was very helpful and informative. I was convinced the PPA was for me. No cost at all. How could I go wrong to not cough up 20 to 30 thousand dollars for a loan to own and maintain my system. With the PPA plan Sunrun takes care of everything. I recommended Sunrun to my friends. They were equally happy with all the results from Sunrun. Thanks guys!

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJul 09, 2018

Hello Wayne, thank you for sharing your awesome review. We aim to keep things simple by setting just expectations and providing you with the most supportive customer service. We're happy this was the experience throughout your solar transformation Power Forward!

Gerry DeGrace
July 5th, 2018 Gardner, MA DETAILS

Our panels have been operating for two years and consistently generate more power than we use. Engineering and installation was above expectations. Great crew! The system looks great on our house and works great. Absolutely will and have recommended sunrun. Have not needed customer service much but they were responsive.

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJul 09, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, Gerry D.! It's awesome to learn, you've enjoyed the process of going solar, from the installation to your experience with customer care. We are happy when our customers are happy, thank you for helping create a planet run by the sun!

Pat Marziale
July 5th, 2018 Clovis, CA DETAILS

We have been waiting 2 months for a replacement inverter. Customer service is nice but the case managers never call back when they say they will. Now it's over 100 degrees and my solar is useless because they either have no intention of honoring the warranty or they got my inverter and installed it elsewhere or they just don't care and hope I go away. I spent a heck of a lot of cash for my system. Maybe that's it. I don't owe them money. It's paid for. Wish someone could really help. This sucks

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJul 09, 2018

Thank you for your communication Pat M. It's disheartening to understand your interaction with customer support fell short of Sunrun's expectations. We are working to get your service issue resolved as soon as possible, and we want to thank you for your continued patience. We will share your feedback with our management team. Can you please private message us your contact information? We will have a Specialist reach out to you.

David sr Catlin
July 2nd, 2018 Oxford, CT DETAILS

NOT HAPPY AT ALL THE ENGINEERS HAVE MOUNTING HARDWARE SPACING TO FAR APART WITH THE EXTRA WEIGHT OF SNOW LOAD CAUSE SAGGING AND EXTENSIVE DAMAGE TO MY ROOF AND SUNRUN WON’T ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE DAMAGE!

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJul 03, 2018

Thank you for reaching out David, we appreciate the communication. Our aim is to provide outstanding customer service. One of our goals is to be human-centered. We can only imagine how frustrating is it for you to have roof issues. We would be happy to further investigate this matter. We apologize for any issues or inconveniences this may have caused you. This is not the Sunrun norm. Please private message us your contact information and we can have a specialist reach out to you.

Sheila
July 2nd, 2018 Rockland, MA DETAILS

I WOULD NEVER go with sun run or recommend them NEVER. They were very fast to come to my home and make sure the panels were installed. After the installation I contacted them to come out and go over a few thing "We have no one in your area that is able to do that" However they have someone in the area to spend time with my neighbor to set up for an install (we did a false set up to see if they indeed would come out)I then called a few years later as my roof was leaking and my understanding was they would maintain and follow them as long as we had them. NO, only for 5 years. They word things in such a round about way it all seems to your benefit. I had to call again only for them to tell me i was not under warranty any longer. I asked them when they were going to return my call to tell me this?? THEY HAVE POOR,NO LET ME REPHRASE THAT ,THEY HAVE NO CUSTOMER SERVICE AT ALL! NONE! DO NOT GO WITH THIS COMPANY. DO NOT! They do bill on time, but if you cancel the auto deduction your bill goes up monthly.Remember they are attached to your home therefore when you want to sell it the buyer has to agree to take over payments. This also was NEVER explained to us. If the buyer does not agree you are liable to pay or your home will not sell. again AWFUL COMPANY. DO NOT GO WITH THEM OR EVEN CALL!

Kimberly Ramirez-MartinezJul 03, 2018

Hello, Sheila thank you for your communication. Your business means a lot to us and it’s disheartening to hear what your experience has been. As a Sunrun customer, we offer an orientation call to answer any questions or concerns you have during the initial process. We sincerely apologize for the lack of communication; this is not the Sunrun norm. When customers are presented with our agreement, we review the ACH fee and explain the benefits. If the account is not set up on ACH we do apply a fee to the account. We find that Service Transfers are easiest when the Agreement is disclosed early and made a contingency of the sale. To ensure a simple transfer, please complete steps one and two prior to the close of escrow. We're happy to discuss the benefits of the Agreement and the Service Transfer process with real estate agents or potential buyers that may not be familiar with the Sunrun Solar Service. Simply let us know when you decide to put your home on the market and we will ensure you have all the materials and support you need. Please reach out to us with any questions you have.