There are many solar companies out there, but which one actually provides the most value and best customer service? We've made it our mission to find out.

After conducting exhaustive research on the solar industry and gathering hundreds of Sunrun reviews, we've weighed the good and the bad and discovered Sunrun to be one of the top installers of solar panels based on a variety of criteria points.

Sunrun, which is the nation’s largest residential solar, storage, and energy service company, has installed over 1,600 megawatts of solar power and helped hundreds of thousands of consumers in 19 states, Washington D.C., and Puerto Rico to gain energy independence.

Sunrun is the pioneer of the solar-as-a-service model and continues to drive innovation of solar generation, storage, and energy services and technologies. The rooftop solar provider's mission is to create a planet run by the sun.

The Good

• Payment Flexibility
  • Customized Solar Systems
  • Simple Solar Process
  • 25-Year Maintenance
  • Roof Warranties and Coverage for Solar Panels
  • Customer Care Team
  • Battery Storage Options
  • High Level of Transparency with Customers
  • Installation Experience
  • Extensive Availability
  • Helpful Website

Payment Flexibility

To fit customer needs, Sunrun offers several financing options, including solar leases, Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs), prepayments, outright purchases, and loans.

Sunrun solar lease and PPA options give customers the chance to reap the benefits of a home solar system for zero to little upfront cost.

The prepayment option features all of the same benefits as the lease option, except the customer doesn't have to worry about the hassle of monthly payments.

Purchasing a Sunrun solar system outright provides customers with long-term savings, while financing a Sunrun solar system through a loan allows customers to make payments to own their system, which provides long-term benefits.

Customized Solar Systems

Sunrun understands that every customer's home, lifestyle, and savings goal is unique.

As a result, the company customizes every system it installs to the customer's needs using its own proprietary Automated Site Modeling design technology. With just a few pieces of information and satellite imagery of the rooftop, Sunrun’s Automated Site Modeling software quickly designs a custom solar system to maximize energy production.

Simple Solar Process

Sunrun strives to make switching to clean energy as simple and hassle-free as possible for its customers. The rooftop solar provider saves time by taking care of everything from scheduling to permitting and allowing people to follow their installation progress through the mySunrun mobile app. The design and installation process is as follows:

• Step 1: Sunrun's experienced technicians will visit, measure, and evaluate the home; ensure that a solar system is the right fit; and design a customized solar plan.
  • Step 2: Sunrun's design experts will review and make any adjustments to the custom evaluation.
  • Step 3: Sunrun submits the design plans to the local city government for permitting.
  • Step 4: After the permit is granted, Sunrun's installers will come out to the home, go over the custom design with the customer, receive approval, and get to work.
  • Step 5: Once the system has been installed, the city or county will perform the final inspection.
  • Step 6: Sunrun will submit documents to the utility company and "Permission to Operate" will be granted.

25-Year Maintenance

If customers choose to lease or obtain a PPA, Sunrun will own the system and, therefore, is responsible for all maintenance and repairs of the system. Additionally, Sunrun will refund customers if the panels installed on their roof ever underperform.

Roof Warranties and Coverage for Solar Panels

Other benefits of Sunrun's product include a 10-year warranty on systems that are purchased and up to a 25-year warranty on systems that are leased. Each solar customer's Sunrun contract also includes a roof warranty, which protects the roof from leaks or holes.

In addition, Sunrun provides its solar customers with daily system monitoring for no additional fee. The company's monitoring team oversees all all Sunrun systems and keeps an eye on production levels. If something happens or if performance dips, Sunrun will contact you as soon as possible to get things fixed.

Customer Care Team

Sunrun provides a U.S.-based customer care team that is ready to answer questions and help resolve any issues that may arise.

Battery Storage Options

Sunrun offers a battery storage option that can be purchased or leased called Brightbox. With Brightbox, customers can enjoy safe, clean, and reliable backup power in the event of a blackout.

Brightbox also helps customers manage electricity costs by seamlessly optimizing when a home uses electricity generated by solar panels, stored in the battery, or from the grid.

High Level of Transparency with Customers

Sunrun provides an abundance of helpful information on its website and strives to be very transparent with its customers. The company's website includes detailed solar education and FAQ sections, a helpful Guarantee page, and an informative "Plans and Services" page that will help customers better understand Sunrun's products and how to start taking advantage of solar power.

Installation Experience

When it comes to solar installation, Sunrun is one of the most experienced companies in the solar industry. In fact, the company is one of the few solar installers that has installed over 1,600 megawatts of solar energy.

As a result, Sunrun has offset 3.7 million tons of carbon emissions and helped more than 240,000 customers to control their electricity bills.

Extensive Availability

Sunrun currenty offers solar energy services in the following states and territories:

• Arizona
  • Washington, D.C.
  • Wisconsin
  • Puerto Rico

Helpful Website

Sunrun's website includes a variety of articles and helpful, easy-to-digest resources, including information on solar panels, plans and services, the cost of solar, warranties, installations, rebates and incentives, net metering, local information, solar education, and more.

Considering doing business with Sunrun? Learn more.

The Bad

• Outsourcing Installations for Remote Homes

Outsourced Installations for Remote Homes

A majority of Sunrun's installations are performed in-house, meaning that Sunrun employees will install the solar systems themselves, which is ideal. Occasionally, the company will contract other installers to work on homes that are too remote for Sunrun itself to reach.

While Sunrun does train and approve these third-party contractors before they work on a home, this outsourcing strategy has often led to inconsistencies in performance upon installation. Consequently, customer satisfaction concerning the installation quality and overall experience varies.

The Bottom Line

Overall, Sunrun is highly recommended to homeowners who are looking to go solar. Sunrun's high quality solar energy systems, variety of financing options, lengthy maintenance coverage and warranties, and customer service and transparency are attractive features that make breaking away from your utility company and switching to solar simple and affordable.

Interested in going solar with Sunrun? Find out more. Want to learn more about Sunrun? Check out the Sunrun solar reviews from real customers below.

Call our recommended rep over at Sunrun below.

Sunrun Frequently Asked Questions

How does going solar with Sunrun work?

After you sign your Sunrun agreement, you’re ready for solar panel installation. The best part? You don’t have to lift a finger because we take care of everything from scheduling to submitting permits, to working with the city and utility, and securing your solar panels to your roof. Naturally you’ll have questions, and we’ll be right there with you answering them every step of the way.

Once you’re approved for a Sunrun solar installation, your home will undergo a site assessment and an expert solar technician will visit your home to confirm your system design.

After that, our solar design experts make any necessary adjustments to your design and get your final approval. Once you’ve approved your system design, we submit your design to the city for permitting. From there, either Sunrun or one of our local certified partners perform your solar installation. We only partner with the top-rated solar installers, so know you’ll have the highest quality solar installation available.

When your installation is complete, the city or county will perform a final inspection on your system. Once it’s approved, it will be connected to the grid, and we’ll submit your documents to the utility company. After your utility company grants Permission to Operate, you’re ready to start powering your home with the sun.

How much does a solar energy system from Sunrun cost?

Solar home solar system prices vary by home, your utility company, and your location. Contact Sunrun for a quote today.

What solar panels does Sunrun use in its installations?

Sunrun uses standard and high-performance solar panels in its installations.

How long does it take for Sunrun to install solar panels?

The process of having a home solar system installed on your roof can be relatively quick. Many Sunrun installations are completed in one day.

But before our crew comes to your house, we take a few weeks to prepare your project so that you have the smoothest installation day possible. You will have a team of experts working for you during this time who handle the tasks necessary for a smooth solar installation and keep you updated along the way. Our customer app also allows you to see your installation status during this time:

• Conduct a site survey to look at your roof, attic and electrical panel
  • Finalize your custom design
  • Apply for permits and wait for approval
  • Collect other necessary approvals and documentation that is specific to your neighborhood, such as HOA approval

Your project coordinator will be in touch with you throughout this time to keep you up-to-date on your progress. When it comes time to install the system, your installation coordinator will let you know how long the construction process will take for your home.

How long is a Sunrun agreement?

In general, our Sunrun agreements last for up to 25 years. Contact a Sunrun solar advisor for more information.

What happens at the end of a Sunrun agreement?

When you reach the end of your Sunrun agreement, you have three options:

1. You can purchase the solar system at the fair market value (excluding New York homeowners).
  2. You can renew your lease with us on an annual basis.
  3. Sunrun can remove the system at no cost to you.

When you reach the end of your agreement, the Sunrun Customer Care team will help you with moving forward however you choose.

Does Sunrun offer a warranty?

All of our solar equipment is backed by robust warranties. When you choose BrightSave, your solar system will also come with 24/7 monitoring and maintenance. So if it breaks, we’ll fix it, free of charge. Contact us to learn more about our Comprehensive Home Solar System Support.

Does Sunrun offer solar monitoring?

Yes! We have a monitoring team dedicated to keeping an eye on your home solar system. Here’s how it works:

1. We record production (in real-time) — Your Sunrun meter counts your kilowatts as they’re produced.
  2. We collect your production data (every six hours) — Four times a day, your Sunrun meter sends your production data to our Denver-based monitoring team, where all production data is collected, stored, and analyzed.
  3. We evaluate your production (every day) — We compare your production to the estimates included in your contract to confirm that your system is working as expected. We also check the weather and other systems in your neighborhood to make sure you’re harvesting just as much sunshine as your neighbors.
  4. We fix what needs fixing (if necessary) — If your system isn’t working as expected, we will identify the issue and rectify the situation. If we cannot fix your system with remote troubleshooting, we may need to send a technician to take a look at your system in person.

How many states is Sunrun in?

Sunrun currently offers residential solar service in 22 states, plus the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico. Sunrun states are Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Hawaii, Illinois, Massachusetts, Maryland, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Texas, Utah, Vermont and Wisconsin.

3.6

Gordon Jackson
May 12th, 2016 Newark, NJ

The amount of customer service is incredible. Constant email updates of the entire process from start to finish along with visits and phone calls from the friendly sales staff.

Sharon kent
May 5th, 2016 Trenton, NJ

I highly recommend Sunrun Solar. The people were great and constantly followed up-from the sales person to the project manger to the installers. Their product looks great. They are the only solar people that agreed to do the installation. I contacted 3 other companies and they turned me down due to trees. When i spoke to the sales person, he investigated and they offered me a 70% savings on my PSEG bill. They have more than delivered. My Electric was $2.43 which is going to allow me to live in my house after retirement!! They take care of and monitor the performance of their panels 100% which I love. I gave a 9 because they keep all the rebates. Considering what I have in return it's worth it!

Frank Wayne Owens
May 5th, 2016 Spartanburg, SC

From meeting the Sunrun Rep. at Home Depot , through the installation and now that we have received our first full months Duke Power bill ( $8.71) we are very pleased. To have such a savings on our bill and to know that we are helping solve a little of the global warming problems makes us proud and very pleased with our decision to go solar.

Greg Nage
May 5th, 2016 Sewell, NJ

Everything was great from beginning to end. Install crew showed up an hour early to accommodate my schedule. Had running a month now and no problems. Great company to do business with.

Heidi and Rita Thompson
May 5th, 2016 Cathedral City, CA

the worst customer service ,liars, runaround, for over a year! We were promised by our salesmen ....our bill would be $219.00 a month and from SCE no more than $5.00 a month in non summer months,and in the Summer months never EVER have they seen a bill from SEC charge anyone over $60.00 a month...so my bill from SEC for the last year is $1,300.OO!!!!!!!! I have called,emailed called,emailed,Facebook,social media with promises of getting to the bottom of this sendin everything they wanted of my bills from SEC wait wait wait wait ,call again oh sorry can you send them in again!!! OMG so SCE came to my home to shut me off.......There are so many unhappy customers with promises of you sunrun to fix things...... i was told that SCE is now charging more for something and sunrun did not tell me or in my contract charging for something new sorry thats on your end to pay not me ...shame on your sunrun for not going to bat and helping your customers and giving us all the runaround shame shame on you . I'm going to call action news to do a story on your salesmen and what they say just to sell people a contract Again, you are requesting me to send the copies of my statements from SCE, i haveHAD to pay for a 3rd time because some assclown is misplacing them prob in the trash. mad as h***,get it together CEO !!!! Now saying ,well maybe we need more panels ,really?? who do you have working for you

Mike
April 15th, 2016 Gilbert, AZ

1220 kwh produced in the first month, March 13th to April 12th, almost eliminated my whole electric bill

Laurie Geiger
April 13th, 2016 Tempe, AZ

We are happy with our solar with SunRun. Installation took much longer than expected but now that it's up, we truly see the savings. HOWEVER we were told numerous times that they would move the panels to a new location if we moved (for a fee of course). Now that we are in the process of purchasing a new home, they are saying that is not true and now we have to add the panels to the sale of our home. We NEVER would have signed the lease if we knew this to be true. Be very careful with this company. I am finding that they are pros in stretching the truth

Robert Casper
April 13th, 2016 West Bridgewater, MA

Everything went smoothly from the installation to flipping the switch on the box. It took an extra bit time time due to my towns inspection process but in the end, all went well.

Shawn jordan
April 13th, 2016 Matawan, NJ

Great job by the sales team and the installers. The installation was smooth took one day and they were super clean. Looks like Solar will be a good move!!

Mark Frisbie
April 13th, 2016 Walnut Creek, CA

Well, I don't know that I would call a "10" awesome rather than excellent, but there isn't anything I can think of that would have been an improvement. I received responsive and informative communication from the beginning. I had some specific questions about "qualifying" my system at the highest capacity possible with PG&E, since I had only recently bought an all-electric car and my prior year usage record did not reflect the increase in usage that I knew I would experience. The questions got answered with referral to an experienced manager at SunRun. The installation foreman and team were on time, organized, courteous, and left the work area clean. The website where I monitor my daily production is a breeze to use. I highly recommend SunRun.

Cedric Sarkin
April 13th, 2016 El Segundo, CA

Still a bit early to know exactly. As I have not received the 3 months of bills yet from Edison. However we are excited to have solar and feel Sunrun did an outstanding job getting our solar system installed.

Juan Barraza
April 13th, 2016 Chandler, AZ

my experience with sun run was that they were very professional and punctual and right on top of there job duty as promised

Parminder singh
April 13th, 2016 Oakland, CA

Sunrun is the best solar company in market today they told me 3 month approximately to install and working solar at my house but they complete every thing in 5 weeks , I never have any problem with the system , I advice only use Sunrun for solar !!

Lorena Montes
April 1st, 2016 Los Angeles, CA

This is only my first month with Sunrun and I already regret giving my business to this company. The system did not work properly since first day and it took 10 days for a tech to come and revise it. In the bill there is a $15 charge for not signing for auto payment (is that legal?) and the customer service is horrible. They were not able to at least let me chose the date I want the 'mandatory' auto payment. Not happy with this company.

Joe Folks
March 21st, 2016 Patchogue, NY

DON'T USE SUNRUN, whatever you do! One contingency we had was that the solar panels could be removed at no cost to us, should we need repairs on the roof. No problem, said the salesman. We shook hands on it. Turns out we need roof repairs, and Sunrun has said it is not part of our written agreement that we signed. So we will have to pay over $7,000 to remove the panels. Big regrets using these guys. Never again.

Michael Holloway
March 21st, 2016 Oceanside, CA

The worst. I am not saving a dime with Sunrun. They charge me for electricity at a rate higher than the utility company and for electricity generated whether I use it or not. Then the power company gets all the extra and sells it at a high rate while paying me wholesale. I lose money. My bill goes up 2% every year whether rates go up or not. Sunrun is a bad bad deal fro the consumer but a great deal for Sunrun and the power company.

Jim
March 3rd, 2016 Mount Pleasant, SC

Thank you Sunrun/LGCY Power- $81 savings in my first month. Great company, Streamlined process and Amazing local service for the low country. Jim SC

Mike
February 23rd, 2016 North Fort Myers, FL

Very good company to work with. They efficiently did 90% of our installation by phone and email. Great response time. Sunrun needs to get down to Florida.

Randy
February 23rd, 2016 Denver, CO

Great experience start to finish. Work was done on time and by very pleasant staff.

alan r
February 23rd, 2016 Little Falls, NJ

the total experience with sunrun went very smoothly.one day installation good cleanup no problems.all the people I dealt with were professional and extremely courteous.i was impressed with the quality of all the materials used for the job. overall rating I give it a 10+

Trudi J. Arrington
February 23rd, 2016 Scottsdale, AZ

My neighbor was considering the purchase of a solar system from Sunrun and asked for my opinion. He provided me with the information Sunrun had given him and wanted to know if he was missing anything. I gave him 2 or 3 additional questions and asked him to let me know how Sunrun responded. When he gave me the answers to my questions I asked him for the name of his sales representative. I called the sales representative on a Friday morning and we made an appointment for that afternoon. My wife and I met with the sales representative for about an hour and purchased a solar system for our home. Buying is easy but then comes the installation and service, which are not always easy and can at times make you wish you hadn't made the purchase. This was not the case with Sunrun. They provided me with all of the information on how they would proceed with the installation and did what they said they would do on the date they said they would do it. The installation team headed by Gabriel was outstanding. For example; they wanted to put their equipment on the inside garage wall closest to the electrical meter on the outside of the wall. This is a requirement of the electric company. On that wall was 2 large ladders on hangers that I had installed. It was the only place that the equipment could be installed to meet the electrical company requirements. I gave them the approval to install it and without asking they removed the hangers and ladders, patched and painted the holes where the hangers had been installed and reinstalled them at a different but convenient location. In addition they did a better job of installing the hangers and ladders than I had done. They finished the installation on time, notified the electric company and came back prior to the electric company installation to show me exactly what was going to happen and how to turn the equipment on and off. They offered me another option by having Sunrun come out and turn the system on. Turning the system on was so simply I did it myself. Once installed I called the sales representative and asked him to come out and show me how to access the system from my computer so I could view the operation and output of the system. I will close by saying I'm a happy camper and feel I made a great financial decision with the right company. Thank you Sunrun.

Christiana Fyfe
February 23rd, 2016 Bristol, RI

Got my first electric bill and already it has dropped significantly. I can't wait to see my next electric bill. I can only hope that it will be zero.

charlie sottile
February 23rd, 2016 Arroyo Grande, CA

Great crew and work, very clean, courteous, and respectful to the property surroundings. A clean presentation on the system and time line. Very actively informative on the progress of the system build, up to the time it's on the grid. Follow ups making sure one is happy with their new system. I recommend Sunrun to any home owner who wants great service, and cheaper electric bills.

dave bernardi
February 23rd, 2016 Los Gatos, CA

I had investigated three providers and interviewed them all. The choice was very clear once I had talked to all of them. Sunrun staff were by far the most personable, friendly and knowledgeable about the process and what to expect in regards to the PPA, installation and operations as well as what to expect from PG&E. The installation crew was very fast and efficient. They took time to explain what they were doing and what to do once the panels were in place. All in all, a very good experience and good for our world as well. System is up and generating power as described. Go Sunrun!!

Dale Broad
January 11th, 2016 Homeland, CA

Well I signed on July 8th 2015, I was told the system would be installed and up and running in 90 days, the plans were submitted and approved on the same day so NO DELAY, the entire trench for the electrical was dug before they ever showed up, so NO DELAY, well its now Jan 9th 2016, six months later and still not done. I have called and called, I have sent e-mails, time and time again I am told they will hand it off to someone who will take care of it, but nothing has been done since early Oct. as far as I am concerned its abandonment, and I have a part solar system for free. I told them back in late Oct, again in Nov. and in Dec to come and remove all their equipment off my property. If I cannot get them to complete the job, I can only imagine what it would be like if I needed service. As I read many reviews I see that many other customers CANNOT get them to fix systems that are not working. Oh they did call for inspection, back on Nov. 2nd,2015, the inspector asked why did someone call for inspection when the system was NOT completed?? Since that day NO ONE has done any work to complete it.

Rick
January 7th, 2016 Lancaster, CA

Been a customer since May 2012. Been happy until now. My system has been down for about 4 months now. It took almost 2 months to get someone out to look at it. The repair man ordered the new inverter. That was 2 months ago. Still waiting. Customer service will not keep me updated on the progress. They just tell me how they will get right on it. Would have rated them a 10 before this happened.

John Grundy
December 23rd, 2015 San Diego, CA

Don't go with SunRun. Bunch of screw-ups. They supposedly help you thru the process but you have to watch them like a hawk and do most of the work yourself. Last straw was they screwed up making an RMA payment to the utility company; hence my system is still not approved to turn on.

ADOLFO LLAMAS
December 21st, 2015 Hercules, CA

SUN RUN IS BREAKING A SIGNED CONTRACT, They wants to break the signed contract because they failed to communicate with the inspector that came to my house to see if my house was ok to install solar panels. I was told that my house was a go to install the system. Sun Run's contract was signed on 12/08/15, Sun Run told me that someone will call me to schedule the installation but instead of the Installation schedule received an email on 12/17/15 that said that they are sorry but my house would not qualified because the metal tiles roofing.

Andrew
November 11th, 2015 Boulder, CO

Sunrun is a wonderful company when getting rooftop solar for your home. They have well-trained consultants, professional designers and installers, and a variety of financing options that can best fit your needs. When comparing the Sunrun Lease with competitors programs, Sunrun simply gives the customer the most peace of mind, which is important to me. Sunrun does a great job communicating with their customers before and after the project has been installed. Obviously, my friends, neighbors, and family were curious about solar after seeing my solar panels, and Sunrun rewards me with generous gift cards for referring my friends to them. I can't think of a more focused, stable, and customer-obsessed solar company than Sunrun. 10/10

Jacob
November 9th, 2015 San Diego, CA

Service dept stinks, we have a roof leak needed them to remove some panels so the roofers can repair/patch the roof, it's been five weeks and at least 5 phone calls and still didn't here from them, and apparently they first give you quote within 14 days and if you agree it would take another 2-3 weeks before someone will come out. Your ceiling can collapse before you here from them

bob berliner
October 29th, 2015 Silver Spring, MD

the company leads you on and when the time comes to design the system they tell totally different information from what the sales rep tells you. Big scam.

Karen Hoeft
September 18th, 2015 Valdez, AK

I purchased Sunrun thru Home Depot of course the sales job promised lots of savings. Beware they do not deliver what they promise. The system they put on our house was based on a new house with only 6 months of billing at which we weren't there for 3 months. Instead of them telling us we should wait to get solar they put in a system that turns out only saves us 30%, definitely not good in my book. They were so eager for the sale, they give you quite a line of BS, I would not recommend them to anyone and when I am in Home Depot seeing people talking to Sunrun, I will tell them beware they DO NOT deliver what they promise. Look elsewhere!

Stuart Peterson
September 15th, 2015 Portland, OR

I contacted Sunrun via a display at a local Costco. They were very quick about calling me, but I was very put off by them wanting credit score info prior to an initial consultation. It seemed very presumptuous of them to assume I MIGHT be paying via credit. The whole conversation seemed more like one that I'd have at a used car lot. I won't be doing ANY business with Sunrun.

Stephen Ford
September 14th, 2015 Valencia, CA

The are gouging me on pricing. I just bought a new home. The lease was changed over. The cost per month was suppose t obe 120.00. The bill just came in at 379.00. My monthly bill is now 198.00 and we over used for an extra charge of 184.59. Why the hell do I have solar if they are charging me the same as the electric company. Plus Im going to get a charge from the electric company. The whole thing is a scam!!!!!!!!!!!!

Monte Vacarelli
August 26th, 2015 Albany, NY

Awesome

Marc
August 25th, 2015 San Jose, CA

SunRun is not returning my calls or keeping me informed when it comes to repairing my in-warranty Fronius inverter. This is the second go-around. The first the inverter partially failed. I called SunRun, and after calling weekly for 3 weeks, I finally asked for a supervisor. She promised to call me back with a status that day or the next, no call back. However, two days later, a tech called to look at the inverter. The unit was replaced by a refurbished unit from Fronius on 8/12. On 8/16, the the display on the unit failed, the illumination started blinking, and it stopped communicating with the data logger. I called SunRun again on 8/18, and now a week later, still no contact from SunRun.

Hugh Harfield
August 25th, 2015 Paso Robles, CA

My family just had beautiful, efficient, planet loving, clean energy SUNRUN solar panels installed on our property. You need to check out this Power Forward Company. They have a fantastic, friendly and helpful, project staff and a remarkable customer care team that is ready to assist you with any questions or concerns. We could not be happier or more satisfied. The savings will be remarkable; probably 30% to 50%, and no upfront costs. I am sure there is no Company that could compete with the excellent service and support this company offers. By the way, they service the product whenever repairs are needed. Give them a CALL, you will not be disappointed!

James Kennedy
August 24th, 2015 Oak Park, CA

I have had a Sunrun Leased Solar system now for 20 months and am very pleased with the results both from an installation and financial point of view. I have saved about 2,000 dollars over this period. Best decision ever now that I am retired and live on a fixed income.

Tom Wellman
August 20th, 2015 North Las Vegas, NV

This was an easy experience! They were professional and took care of business every step of the way. I just hope that they are able to continue to do business here in Nevada. Make the right decision PUC.

Mark Gorsky
August 19th, 2015 Williamstown, NJ

I have had SunRun now for 2 years. Never a problem and very gratifying that I am doing my part to reduce carbon emissions and lowering my electric bill at the same time. I paid my lease in advance and never had any regrets. Totally Awesome

Theresa
August 17th, 2015 Valencia, CA

Sunrun are the worst company I have ever dealt with. You never do what you say. We are now heading into fall soon, the temps at my home are in the triple digits, all summer it has been hot,. I am scared to use my air conditioner. My system has been underperforming for a year now, you ARE aware of this!!!. They have said they will sent someone out, that never happened. My bill to edison at the end of last year were $2500 as opposed to your estimate of between $600-$900. Between your company and Edison I am now paying an average of $400 per month, that is more than I paid before solar. I would have this system removed from my home and at some point I know I will.

Michael Bik
August 17th, 2015 Merced, CA

I have been with Sunrun for just under a year. The entire process todate has been smooth. I would highly recommend signing up with them especially if you use a lot of electricity. You cannot go wrong!!!

Barry Klein
August 17th, 2015 Monsey, NY

It was a great decision, going solar and doing with SunRun. My system is performing better tht had been presented to me. My system has been installed for 1 1/2 years now and I only regret not having done this sooner The folks at SunRun are professional and a pleasure to deal with. I can'r say enough about them.

Shahid Saleemi
August 17th, 2015 Antelope, CA

Good experience with this company.

Mr. Ferguson
August 13th, 2015 Glendale, AZ

My wife and I chose sunrun because they were advertising in Costco, and they use only the best products. After having the rep. out to my home and were quoted almost half the price as all other solar company's, we new we had to try them out. Installation was a breeze no problems at all. The foreman for the job was always here. I have a flat roof on my house, so I was worried about leaks and Mother nature gave it a trial run, and we had two leaks which were taken care of quickly. The drywall was replaced and repainted by sunrun.

Sherry
August 12th, 2015 Woodstown, NJ

Overall solar experience is rated a 9. HOWEVER, Regina is correct, in that Sunrun gives you a yearly increase of about 2%. They tell you in the beginning it is a set rate for the length of the contact, then surprise you with it every year and tell you it's in the contract. It is...in VERY tiny writing. Also, if you have a leak and ask them to come check it out, you may as well just get it fixed, This is the second time I had a leak and this time, I've been waiting a month already for them to have Power Overhaul come out and take a look at it. That company has the worst customer service next to Verizon. They don't call you back, forget about you and seem clueless when you call them.SO frusterated at this point, I'm ready to take the panels off myself and put them in the street.

pauline wood
August 12th, 2015 Dudley, MA

we could not be happier with the whole SUN RUN experience,very nice,neat informative,just the best !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

carlos
August 7th, 2015 North Las Vegas, NV

i got in contact with sunrun because i wanted to become more energy independent. Living tied to the grid was becoming somethat of a nightmare. Huge energy bills during the summer, not much smaller during the winter. I became more and more concerned with the carbon emissions comapanies like NVenergy were putting out, so i decided to do some research. I found out that by installing solar panels coupled with a battery backup essentially i could be living off grid. Sunrun has helped me with the process of installing solar panels on my roof which is helpful to not only my wallet but the enviorment. The 100 a month payment is music to my ears compared to the amount i was paying during the summer with NVenergy. The only reason im not giving sunrun a 10 is because there were difficulties with some of the incentives i was supposed to be receiving which i still have not received. Im leasing the panels but i do plan on owning them in the near future. Thank you sunrun for helping everyone.

Sharon and Louie
August 7th, 2015 Casa Grande, AZ

Sunrun is AWESOME!! We are already reaping the benefits of having solar make our energy. We have been very pleased with everything. Staff is great....they truly care and are on top of every little detail. I like the fact that there is no cost to us...just save money on our energy costs!! I would highly recommend Sunrun for your solar consideration!

Dennis Turco
August 4th, 2015 Lancaster, CA

I had Sunrun install my solar system about 2 years ago. I only had 2 problems - 1. the system went down and they fixed it immediately. 2. had a pigeon problem; they installed grating that prevented the pigeons from nesting under the panels AT NO CHARGE!!! I would definitely recommend Sunrun. Note: some months the power company owes me money for the solar energy produced.