There are many solar companies out there, but which one actually provides the most value and best customer service? We've made it our mission to find out.

After conducting exhaustive research on the solar industry and gathering hundreds of Sunrun reviews, we've weighed the good and the bad and discovered Sunrun to be one of the top installers of solar panels based on a variety of criteria points.

Sunrun, which is the nation’s largest residential solar, storage, and energy service company, has installed over 1,600 megawatts of solar power and helped hundreds of thousands of consumers in 19 states, Washington D.C., and Puerto Rico to gain energy independence.

Sunrun is the pioneer of the solar-as-a-service model and continues to drive innovation of solar generation, storage, and energy services and technologies. The rooftop solar provider's mission is to create a planet run by the sun.

The Good

• Payment Flexibility
  • Customized Solar Systems
  • Simple Solar Process
  • 25-Year Maintenance
  • Roof Warranties and Coverage for Solar Panels
  • Customer Care Team
  • Battery Storage Options
  • High Level of Transparency with Customers
  • Installation Experience
  • Extensive Availability
  • Helpful Website

Payment Flexibility

To fit customer needs, Sunrun offers several financing options, including solar leases, Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs), prepayments, outright purchases, and loans.

Sunrun solar lease and PPA options give customers the chance to reap the benefits of a home solar system for zero to little upfront cost.

The prepayment option features all of the same benefits as the lease option, except the customer doesn't have to worry about the hassle of monthly payments.

Purchasing a Sunrun solar system outright provides customers with long-term savings, while financing a Sunrun solar system through a loan allows customers to make payments to own their system, which provides long-term benefits.

Customized Solar Systems

Sunrun understands that every customer's home, lifestyle, and savings goal is unique.

As a result, the company customizes every system it installs to the customer's needs using its own proprietary Automated Site Modeling design technology. With just a few pieces of information and satellite imagery of the rooftop, Sunrun’s Automated Site Modeling software quickly designs a custom solar system to maximize energy production.

Simple Solar Process

Sunrun strives to make switching to clean energy as simple and hassle-free as possible for its customers. The rooftop solar provider saves time by taking care of everything from scheduling to permitting and allowing people to follow their installation progress through the mySunrun mobile app. The design and installation process is as follows:

• Step 1: Sunrun's experienced technicians will visit, measure, and evaluate the home; ensure that a solar system is the right fit; and design a customized solar plan.
  • Step 2: Sunrun's design experts will review and make any adjustments to the custom evaluation.
  • Step 3: Sunrun submits the design plans to the local city government for permitting.
  • Step 4: After the permit is granted, Sunrun's installers will come out to the home, go over the custom design with the customer, receive approval, and get to work.
  • Step 5: Once the system has been installed, the city or county will perform the final inspection.
  • Step 6: Sunrun will submit documents to the utility company and "Permission to Operate" will be granted.

25-Year Maintenance

If customers choose to lease or obtain a PPA, Sunrun will own the system and, therefore, is responsible for all maintenance and repairs of the system. Additionally, Sunrun will refund customers if the panels installed on their roof ever underperform.

Roof Warranties and Coverage for Solar Panels

Other benefits of Sunrun's product include a 10-year warranty on systems that are purchased and up to a 25-year warranty on systems that are leased. Each solar customer's Sunrun contract also includes a roof warranty, which protects the roof from leaks or holes.

In addition, Sunrun provides its solar customers with daily system monitoring for no additional fee. The company's monitoring team oversees all all Sunrun systems and keeps an eye on production levels. If something happens or if performance dips, Sunrun will contact you as soon as possible to get things fixed.

Customer Care Team

Sunrun provides a U.S.-based customer care team that is ready to answer questions and help resolve any issues that may arise.

Battery Storage Options

Sunrun offers a battery storage option that can be purchased or leased called Brightbox. With Brightbox, customers can enjoy safe, clean, and reliable backup power in the event of a blackout.

Brightbox also helps customers manage electricity costs by seamlessly optimizing when a home uses electricity generated by solar panels, stored in the battery, or from the grid.

High Level of Transparency with Customers

Sunrun provides an abundance of helpful information on its website and strives to be very transparent with its customers. The company's website includes detailed solar education and FAQ sections, a helpful Guarantee page, and an informative "Plans and Services" page that will help customers better understand Sunrun's products and how to start taking advantage of solar power.

Installation Experience

When it comes to solar installation, Sunrun is one of the most experienced companies in the solar industry. In fact, the company is one of the few solar installers that has installed over 1,600 megawatts of solar energy.

As a result, Sunrun has offset 3.7 million tons of carbon emissions and helped more than 240,000 customers to control their electricity bills.

Extensive Availability

Sunrun currenty offers solar energy services in the following states and territories:

• Arizona
  • Washington, D.C.
  • Wisconsin
  • Puerto Rico

Helpful Website

Sunrun's website includes a variety of articles and helpful, easy-to-digest resources, including information on solar panels, plans and services, the cost of solar, warranties, installations, rebates and incentives, net metering, local information, solar education, and more.

Considering doing business with Sunrun? Learn more.

The Bad

• Outsourcing Installations for Remote Homes

Outsourced Installations for Remote Homes

A majority of Sunrun's installations are performed in-house, meaning that Sunrun employees will install the solar systems themselves, which is ideal. Occasionally, the company will contract other installers to work on homes that are too remote for Sunrun itself to reach.

While Sunrun does train and approve these third-party contractors before they work on a home, this outsourcing strategy has often led to inconsistencies in performance upon installation. Consequently, customer satisfaction concerning the installation quality and overall experience varies.

The Bottom Line

Overall, Sunrun is highly recommended to homeowners who are looking to go solar. Sunrun's high quality solar energy systems, variety of financing options, lengthy maintenance coverage and warranties, and customer service and transparency are attractive features that make breaking away from your utility company and switching to solar simple and affordable.

Interested in going solar with Sunrun? Find out more. Want to learn more about Sunrun? Check out the Sunrun solar reviews from real customers below.

Sunrun Frequently Asked Questions

How does going solar with Sunrun work?

After you sign your Sunrun agreement, you’re ready for solar panel installation. The best part? You don’t have to lift a finger because we take care of everything from scheduling to submitting permits, to working with the city and utility, and securing your solar panels to your roof. Naturally you’ll have questions, and we’ll be right there with you answering them every step of the way.

Once you’re approved for a Sunrun solar installation, your home will undergo a site assessment and an expert solar technician will visit your home to confirm your system design.

After that, our solar design experts make any necessary adjustments to your design and get your final approval. Once you’ve approved your system design, we submit your design to the city for permitting. From there, either Sunrun or one of our local certified partners perform your solar installation. We only partner with the top-rated solar installers, so know you’ll have the highest quality solar installation available.

When your installation is complete, the city or county will perform a final inspection on your system. Once it’s approved, it will be connected to the grid, and we’ll submit your documents to the utility company. After your utility company grants Permission to Operate, you’re ready to start powering your home with the sun.

How much does a solar energy system from Sunrun cost?

Solar home solar system prices vary by home, your utility company, and your location. Contact Sunrun for a quote today.

What solar panels does Sunrun use in its installations?

Sunrun uses standard and high-performance solar panels in its installations.

How long does it take for Sunrun to install solar panels?

The process of having a home solar system installed on your roof can be relatively quick. Many Sunrun installations are completed in one day.

But before our crew comes to your house, we take a few weeks to prepare your project so that you have the smoothest installation day possible. You will have a team of experts working for you during this time who handle the tasks necessary for a smooth solar installation and keep you updated along the way. Our customer app also allows you to see your installation status during this time:

• Conduct a site survey to look at your roof, attic and electrical panel
  • Finalize your custom design
  • Apply for permits and wait for approval
  • Collect other necessary approvals and documentation that is specific to your neighborhood, such as HOA approval

Your project coordinator will be in touch with you throughout this time to keep you up-to-date on your progress. When it comes time to install the system, your installation coordinator will let you know how long the construction process will take for your home.

How long is a Sunrun agreement?

In general, our Sunrun agreements last for up to 25 years. Contact a Sunrun solar advisor for more information.

What happens at the end of a Sunrun agreement?

When you reach the end of your Sunrun agreement, you have three options:

1. You can purchase the solar system at the fair market value (excluding New York homeowners).
  2. You can renew your lease with us on an annual basis.
  3. Sunrun can remove the system at no cost to you.

When you reach the end of your agreement, the Sunrun Customer Care team will help you with moving forward however you choose.

Does Sunrun offer a warranty?

All of our solar equipment is backed by robust warranties. When you choose BrightSave, your solar system will also come with 24/7 monitoring and maintenance. So if it breaks, we’ll fix it, free of charge. Contact us to learn more about our Comprehensive Home Solar System Support.

Does Sunrun offer solar monitoring?

Yes! We have a monitoring team dedicated to keeping an eye on your home solar system. Here’s how it works:

1. We record production (in real-time) — Your Sunrun meter counts your kilowatts as they’re produced.
  2. We collect your production data (every six hours) — Four times a day, your Sunrun meter sends your production data to our Denver-based monitoring team, where all production data is collected, stored, and analyzed.
  3. We evaluate your production (every day) — We compare your production to the estimates included in your contract to confirm that your system is working as expected. We also check the weather and other systems in your neighborhood to make sure you’re harvesting just as much sunshine as your neighbors.
  4. We fix what needs fixing (if necessary) — If your system isn’t working as expected, we will identify the issue and rectify the situation. If we cannot fix your system with remote troubleshooting, we may need to send a technician to take a look at your system in person.

How many states is Sunrun in?

Sunrun currently offers residential solar service in 22 states, plus the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico. Sunrun states are Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Hawaii, Illinois, Massachusetts, Maryland, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Texas, Utah, Vermont and Wisconsin.

3.6

K Hodge

June 13th, 2017 Kannapolis, NC

Too many people involved who apparently didn't comuntate with one another and it took well over a month to get the system running after it was installed. If I could have had it taken down I would have. Unacceptable. ..

mandy

June 12th, 2017 Castro Valley, CA

The consultant Aaron is professional and nice. that cause the installation was fast. , and you would have a warranty.

Joyce Pierson

June 12th, 2017 Phoenix, AZ

I have been using my solar system designed by SUNRUN since January 2017, 6 months. After several delays in installation, I am happy to see results now, more than 200 kWh weekly. The ideal is to produce what we use to avoid the high bills during peak usage in hot summer months in Arizona. Currently I have produced over 2000 kWh in excess of usage. That should allow us full use of our central air without high monthly bills to our electric company. I must also say that most of the problems we encountered were due to the age and structure of this house. When the inspector failed the completed job, SUNRUN stepped in & worked directly with the installer and me to get our system working. Their customer service department was excellent in follow up throughout my frustrations. I am also very satisfied with my sales rep throughout. He continues to be available & interested in any questions or concerns I might have about my system and it's impact on electric energy consumption. Lastly, I love the mobile app that SUNRUN has linked to my system enabling me to monitor production by day, week, month and year. It is fantastic!

Jeff Houde

June 12th, 2017

From the time the sales guy knocked on my door and the 46 panel, two inverter system was installed and approved, the experience was nothing short of excellent. The system has performed as advertised other than one small glitch that was immediately addressed and resolved. Information was readily available and any questions/concerns were responded to quickly and professionally. About the only issue was PG&E dragging their feet through the approval process. I would heartily recommend the Sunrun team to anyone seeking a solar solution. Thank you to Josh and Troy and Jake. You guys were great!!

Christy B

June 12th, 2017 Staten Island, NY

I can't say enough GOOD things about this company. Jon, our representative was awesome, he really took the time to explain everything. Everything went quickly once our county and electric provider approved everything. They came out and installed the entire system in 1 day. And the best part is the panels look great, there is no shiny silver wiring showing on the roof or exterior of the house like I've seen on other company's installation. They only thing that you can see on our roof is the black panels themselves, everything else is hidden. Now that we have been using the system for approximately a month we really love it, we especially love the app that lets you see how much energy you are producing in a given day. Great company, I would and have recommended them to all of our friends and family.

Ward D Hendrix

June 12th, 2017 Glendale, AZ

Sunrun and it's installers were fantastic through the whole process of certification, installation and timeline. We would happily recommend them to any interested party.

Bill Meinke

May 15th, 2017 Long Beach, CA

Very satisfied. We purchased Sunrun through Costco. Very smooth. They beat all of their benchmark dates by quite a bit. Sales was very low key but gave us more insight than other companies. Installation was quick and clean. Highly recommended.

Marcus Williamson

May 15th, 2017 Easley, SC

I've been a Sunrun customer for about 8 month and I would recommend them to anyone looking for a great experience in going solar.

Dennis Garcia

May 12th, 2017 Morgan Hill, CA

I had "turned away" about a dozen solar company "salesmen" over the past few years after they said "I don't know" when asked questions about the panels, the installation, the inverter, or other important aspects of going "solar". Sunrun was the first company that had ALL the answers to my questions and made the process easy to understand. They handled all the permits/reg.s and partnering with PG&E was seamless. They waited for my approval every step of the way, and worked with me for the "design configuration" of the panel installation and kept the "street-view" unchanged from pre-solar appearance. They delivered and installed the equipment without any problems and workmanship was top-notch. I had no "issues" with going solar because they KNEW what to do, and how to do it the best way possible. It has been almost 1 year since my installation and I am VERY pleased with the results.

Randy Forney

May 10th, 2017

I talked to a representative named Nils W about Installing solar power. Made a 500 dollar refundable deposit. I changed my mind and notified Mr. W of my decision on may 1. Today is may 10 , and they cannot tell me when I will receive my 500.I would caution anyone against using Sunrun.

Darlene Floriano

May 8th, 2017 Madera, CA

I met SunRun at our local Costco. I asked a few questions and the agent seemed knowledgeable. Then someone was supposed to come out for an appointment that next week. When they called they tried to cancel. I told them that I cannot change it because I would be on a business trip for two weeks and my husband and I wanted to both be there at the same time. So they agreed and scheduled me. Then a half hour before the rep tried to cancel through the office. We rescheduled. Again two weeks later the same thing. I said forget it. Left a bad taste in my mouth for them. A few months ago I started looking again and was called by a solar representative. When she finally disclosed who the Solar company was I told her forget it! I would not recommend them due to poor customer service. I cannot speak for the system or their billing process.

crystal

May 4th, 2017 Watsonville, CA

they sent out a sales man that didn't know about design trusted a computer to come up with a design could only give us 30%want us to sign contract before they would send someone out to see if they could get more panels

STEPHEN W NELSON

April 18th, 2017 Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Excellent product, service, customer relations. Absolutely best solution to constant rising rates from SoCal Edison. Two plus years and loving the $60-$70/month savings.

Fredric Manjarres

April 12th, 2017 Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Being an Electrical Contractor for 6 yrs I understand how important it is to sale yourself but I also understand how important it is to abide by your word. I would meet with my clients and go over the pros and cons of the work to be done, I would always abide by my word. I never had a bad review from my clients or through the Corporate Commissions Office. I have no complaint about the installation, my complaint is the time it took ( 7months) , the work the subcontractors did. Someone broke my water line and the water ran for 3 days before they came to repair it ( which I paid for the water) , they excavated in front of my meter panel ( I don't understand why) and they broke a water line and the sprinkler lines , in repairing the sprinklers they cut the control wiring , left all hanging, they cut off one of the sprinkler lines and shoved the stubs into the ground making it look like they were still functioning. I am probably am going to have to pay for someone to repair, I have continued to contact Sun Run but have not received a response. Why should they they've been paid.

Elizabeth Hull

April 10th, 2017 Fresno, CA

We found Sunrun through our natural gas supplier, Ambit Energy. Our agents with both companies were fast and efficient. The answered all our questions and installed a great system for 1/3 the cost of our bill with PGE. We are very happy with our service and our neighbors think the panels look great.

marc horowitz

April 3rd, 2017 Bellerose, NY

Been with Sunrun for 2 years . . . excellent experience, excellent service.

Donna Dougherty

April 3rd, 2017

We are fairly new as our system started up in late October. But....so far, so good. I have no complaints what so ever. We loved working with Joe A (Solar Universe). Wonderful man! The only issue to remember for those interested is that the "day" your power turns on is your actual billing date, and cannot be changed. Other than that, this is a terrific company, way better than other's I looked into. Highly recommended. Thank you all for a positive experience.

Eddie

April 3rd, 2017 Philadelphia, PA

Saw this review and contacted them. They called me back twice once to confirm my information and the next to evaluate me further and there was going to be a third call to review my options which is a ridiculous amount of unnecessary communication. Long story short I was rejected immediately because I have a flat roof! Apparantly they only have one type of solar and it must be on a pitched roof. I couldn't believe this since so many panels on the ground are pitched toward the sun. I have thousands of square feet of roof space and I'm being turned down lol. It's not hard at all to obtain the tracks that are pitched and even come with articulating arms. This place is pathetic. They didn't even know who to do refer me to and just left me regretting ever calling. Please narrow results by type of roof customer has!

greg

April 3rd, 2017 Phoenix, AZ

Although the solar panel installation, from the initial review of paperwork etc, through completion and turn-on of the electricity provided by the panels,was excellent, can't in good faith recommend SUNRUN because of their billing/customer care/service. Billing and follow-on customer care is broke and can't get any to fix these issues. My contract stipulates that I pay my monthly rental feeof $94.00 via an ACH (auto debit from my checking account). System has been in operations since July 2016, to date (March 2017) not a single auto payment was debited from my account. Further, I received 7 emailed bills, in varying ammmounts totalin more than $3000; at $94.00 a month my total bill would be approx $900.00. I've been charged late fees, a fee for non-ACH payemnt. These fees nor the emailed bill were not paid not debited from my checkingf account. Anyway I've been in contact with customer care more than 20 times to date to no avail, a supervisor and the actual installers, again without fixing this issue. In my opinion SUNRUN is in breach of contract, and the payment issues has been fix to date. So,would not recommend SUNRUN.

Joe Exner

March 30th, 2017 Washington, DC

I remodeled my house in Castaic CA. I went with solar because I heard about the benefits. I decided on SunRun because the saleman was very knowlegable and the subsequent installation was smooth and effortless. The SunRun workers in my area is from the corporate office and no sub-contractors where used. So, far so good.

Peter Faller

March 29th, 2017 Lodi, NJ

Have had Sunrun for 5 years, the system has paid for itself. Between the Srec's and credit on my PSEG electric bill my savings have paid for the system. It helps in the summer by shading the roof and keeping the attic where my AC air handler is located cooler and to protecting the shingles from the summer sun. The house is worth more when you tell the buyer you only pay to rent the electric meter and at the end of the year you get a check for over producing that just about covers the meter rental.

tuesday graham

March 20th, 2017

had called serval solar company's this is the one I choose , why, be cause they explain things that other companies didn't like most has to hook up to youre internet this one does not , they have their own which is one plus , two the time it took to install and hook up and start up was fast , I would recommend them because they do the right things they do not push , they allow you time to shop and get the facts , I have had our system up since October of 2016 and this is march and we are going strong , infact PG&E isn't liking us right now when it comes to the true up I doubt I owe PG&E anything .the installation group the wookies was awesome , no issue professional and great people thanks sunrun from newman ca

Kim Rupert

March 16th, 2017

We purchased our Sunrun system through Costco, which made the whole process very easy. Because Costco was behind the program, we didn't worry about the company being a fly-by-night concern nor getting any glitches resolved. Sunrun was here when they said they would be, did what they said they would do, installed everything quickly and efficiently and we are now approaching our one year true-up with PG&E. If true-up were today, we would owe less than $25 TOTAL for electricity for the past ten months. With hotter weather on the way, we expect to actually receive a little money back from PG&E instead of owing them anything. The Sunrun system has worked perfectly, with NO issues at all. One of the best parts is, the company IS a roofing company and they offer a 15 year roof penetration warranty on their installations. We received the service, peace of mind and our money's worth!

SF Hawk

March 16th, 2017 Prescott Valley, AZ

Franklin was great with follow up and good communication and overall contact, We would recommend him to anyone for help and contact and SunRun products.

Donald Shabkie

March 13th, 2017 Greenville, SC

For over 40 years, I have been extremely concerned about our environment as well as individual conservation efforts. Being a middle class American, I have made many efforts along these lines, but due to the expense, I never thought I would be fortunate enough to have solar panels. Thanks to Sunrun, that is no longer the case. My panels have been operating for about three weeks now, and already they have generated more KWHs than I used the previous month without them. These are very very impressive results. For someone who cares deeply about the environment, the fact that my panels are generating a lot more power than I'm using---that is a dream that has become reality.

Robert Ciccaglione

March 9th, 2017 Murrieta, CA

Sunrun has just completed installing and activation of our system. Everyone we dealt with who worked for Sunrun were pleasant, professional and efficient. It was a pleasure doing business with Sunrun and would not hesitate to recommend them.

Mike Quiros

March 9th, 2017

True to there word. Outstanding sales pitch by Mr. Carson. Outstanding Installations crew and project manager that made sure I knew everything going on. They lived up to their word. Now just waiting to check the cost savings.

Donald K Hall

March 6th, 2017 Ewa Beach, HI

A nightmare. System failure on or before Jan. 25, 2016. Jacked around for five weeks Partially back into service around Feb. 24 March 6, 2016 still not completely up and running. Incompetence? Lack of taking any responsibility? sub contractors? No central contacts and when you reach someone they are polite but no one cares or are able to do anything but pass you on! They are Large and use it to make contact difficult looking inward with the customer coming last!

Zoltan Rab

March 3rd, 2017 Bowie, MD

Sunrun is a company that has a wide range of quality depending on what area you look at. Let me review them in chronological order. 1) Sales/Marketing: My first contact with Sunrun was in December 2015 - the same month when I bought my house. The problem there was that I did not have enough usage statistics so I was not able to provide them with an annual consumption figure. But I called my electric company and they gave me an annual number for the previous owner. Sunrun did a fairly good job taking it and make an initial design. 2) Permits, paperwork: I give very high rating to Sunrun how they took care of the bureaucracy related to the installation. 3) Installation: The installation was a little less than 5 stars. The initial schedule called for a day with 5 people, but we ended up with two days and 3 people. That was just an additional work day where I had to find out how to stay home. The installers worked quietly, but they've left some debris after they left the site. They also drilled some unnecessary holes into the siding which they promised to cover, but they never did so. 4) Activation: I was told that it takes a few days to activate the system once the net meter was installed by the electric company. It was more than just a couple of days, and I suspect that they wanted to wait until the first of the month so they don't run into complicated billing issues. I didn't receive any notification telling me that my system went online - I just started to notice that the meter was spinning backwards. (Which was great!) 5) Service: After a few weeks of production, the system was not properly reporting the daily production on the web site. I kept telling Sunrun about it, and they told me that it was a temporary problem. After about 2 months they admitted a real error, and they came out and replaced something in the hardware and all of the sudden the data showed up correctly 6) Customer service: I reported other issues to Sunrun. While the representatives were polite and kind, many of the issues were not fixed. The biggest shock was that I tried to refer a friend (for the financial benefit) but the page was not working properly. It took me 3-4 contacts until it was entered in the system, but after 2 months my friend was still not contacted by the company. Overall: Sunrun seems to be great at the beginning, but their greatness and quality declines as you progress into the the implementation and production.

Thamara Alanis

February 28th, 2017

Excellent service and very friendly and helpful team

Mary Ann Ballesteros

February 28th, 2017 Elk Grove, CA

Sunrun is the only company that delivered services as promised. Every other Solar Company did not prove a long term business relationship or quality in their product and service.

Ruel Parent

February 21st, 2017 San Jose, CA

We are planning a home remodel and want to include solar in the project. I engaged with the consultant and he collected all the information. I even provided drawings of the new part of the house where we would like to put the panels. Then their design team said that because it was not complete and verified they could not proceed. I have already received bids and this came as a surprise. Since we are in the stage of selecting the team we want to work with for our remodel this eliminated them from consideration. If you are looking for a partner to do solar for a remodel look somewhere else, this should be something they explain to their consultants so as to not waste people's time.

Nick K

February 14th, 2017 Brea, CA

If you read 1 review please read this one. It will be unbiased as possible. And it's sad I, as well as other customers, have to write bad reviews to get things done. The last year and a half they have dramatically gone down hill, on how they treat their customers. They are losing their competitiveness and seem oblivious of that. Their saving grace is the Costco Purchase Program but even then many local/national reputable companies can beat that price and offer better panels, often American Made. There Prepaid PPA is also a decent option but you can't finance it and have to have the money upfront. The best semi national company would be Peterson Dean hands down. They have a better price than Costco and they have American Made equipment and panels, with a equal or better manufacture and service warranties than Sunrun. In Southern California (where I live) you have 3 great companies I would use including Peterson Dean, are Sullivan Solar, Semper Solaris, and Solar 360. If your looking at doing a Prepaid PPA, I would go with Sunrun over Solarcity for sure. But with a purchase I wouldn't. Overall Sunrun is a decent company, but there are better options as I listed.

virginia

February 14th, 2017

when I signed up i was in a new house. my usage was based on 5 months of service even thou I had previous PGE bills with much higher usage than they were basing my usage on. The true up bill was never expland to me much to my surprise when I got my true up bill it was $7500 the sales team told me that was all the panels they could put on my house. when the installers were here i asked if more panels could be added they told me only 1/4 of the available space was being used. between my PGE bill and solar bill it costs me money to have solar. I discussed this with Sunrun and because of my current credit score they can't do anything for me. Beware this company screws people

j. l. virok

February 14th, 2017 Media, PA

I have solar panels installed by Sungevity. I have had 2 issues with them so far as invert-er problems. The panel on the invert-er showed an L1Open. This has happened twice. Both times I had to call about this problem. The latest fault happened on Jan 14th of 2017. No one from SunRun called to say there was a problem. They say they have 24-7 monitoring of systems, so why did I have to call about a problem? I called them and got the run around about production grantee. Well that helps a lot. There is a problem with the invert-er from Sunny Boy. No one in the US has one to replace the bad unit on the side of my home. This is unacceptable. As far as I'm concerned, Sun Run doesn't care about customer satisfaction. All they want is your monthly lease payment. Customer service is their last priority. Great way to run a company. Call them and you'll see what I mean. I spent many hours on the phone trying to get this issue resolved. All they can say is " I wil get back to you with an answer. Nice way to run a company. I will be looking into suing Sun Run for false advertising of monitoring and lack of having parts on hand to rectify issues. As you can see I AM NOT A SATISFIED CUSTOMER OF SUN RUN'S CUSTOMER SERVICE, nor will I recommend anyone to use them. Plain and simply, they suck!!!!!!!! Not one person from Sun Run or Sungevity has called me back. I had to call them. Great service!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ron Rechtman

February 14th, 2017 Washington, DC

The addition of solar to my home is/was one of the easiest thing that happened. The Sunrun Team was very professional, answered all my questions and guided me thru the hole process.

Jerry Klepadlo

February 3rd, 2017

I've had Sunrun since May 2016. I have to say from the initial call and to this very day -they have been outstanding. Whenever I need something I call the person who got me started with Sunrun, Tom H. Tom is beyond amazing. Any issues, concerns, referrals, or even just to say hello-Tom is there for you. My system has been running since May and everything is good with it-no complaints. I did my homework before choosing a solar company and Sunrun is the best.

Valerie Caraveo

February 3rd, 2017 Phoenix, AZ

We're just in the beginning phases of working with SunRun and we've been very pleased with their customer service thus far. Our rep is Tom H and he's answered all of our many questions and is always available via email. Looking forward to energy savings!

Ed Adame

February 3rd, 2017 Chula Vista, CA

I had our system activated on Nov 30, 2016. It stopped producing on Dec 30, 2016. Sunrun did not catch it until Jan 18, 2017. Since then it's been an endless call with Sunrun and their partner Solar Universe. Your Customer Service do not even have the courtesy to follow up on my behalf. I have to wait 5 days to give Solar Universe to respond (which they did NOT). And since then, I have to call every other day to follow up. Up to now my system is still down. And to add insult to injury. I was billed for December and January. UNSAT! You can keep your referral money.

Sue Johnson

February 1st, 2017

Sunrun and Tom O were amazing from day one. Always keeping us informed and helping whenever needed. Had problems with LADWP, but he helped us through it with constant calls to all and came through like a champ. We are very grateful to him and everyone at Sunrun. Pat and Sue Johns

john Vigilante

February 1st, 2017

i enjoyed my time working with sunrun,on the phone and watching the workers installing my panels on my roof ,and i'm looking forward to my solar savings thank you john vigilante summerville sc

Carolyn Carpenter

January 31st, 2017 Kill Devil Hills, NC

Working with Sunrun was great we haven't received a power bill yet.

Michael Lyons

January 31st, 2017 Murrieta, CA

All I can say is that the Sunrun programs sell themselves. From my first discussion the value was obvious as accepting free money - it seemed too good to be true but has worked out exactly as promised thus far. My electric bill fell from the mid $300s to the low $200s with solar installed but not connected to the grid. Now that my system is on the grid I'm not paying for grid energy and my total bill for solar is less than 1/2 my old electric bill...this summer the reduction will be even bigger! Not to say everyone will have the same experience but my system was installed ONE WEEK after I signed the contract - unbelievable! Utility connection to the grid took another month but that was expected. I can't believe I waited this long to find this program...a review of your home for solar costs nothing but an hour of your time - take the time and your monthly budget will thank you.

Prayot

January 26th, 2017

Easy and best experience dealing with the transfer of lease when I purchased my home, they made it easy and simple for me. Top notch company!

Lorraine

January 24th, 2017 Brookfield, CT

Was very satisfied with the company. Great customer interaction. Well planned and executed. Couldn't be happier.

Julia Craig-Harris

January 24th, 2017

My experience was wonderful. Everything was delivered on time, installers were very professional. So far, a great experience.

Michael Gaudynski

January 24th, 2017 Watsonville, CA

I have had Sunrun for about a year and a half. Having solar has saved me hundreds of dollars already. With any service there have been a few hiccups along the way. This review is about the customer service I have received. We recently received a lot of rain for the first time since my system was installed. I noticed a water spot forming on my ceiling. I contacted my sales rep LAUREN MORGANSTEIN on a Saturday. She messaged me back almost immediately giving me the info I needed to have service come out. Service was there Early Monday morning. Blew my mind. They inspected my roof and found that it was not from the solar but more of the flashing on the roof. Roofing company confirmed. Lauren has always gone out of her way to take care of me as a customer two years after she sold me the system. Sunrun's service was quick and the guys went out of their way to find the issues with my roof. Happy Customer!

Jason Doremus

January 23rd, 2017 Darlington, SC

Promised me 85% nowhere close , my electric bill is higher now than before! A scam!!

Todd Sutliff

January 13th, 2017 Pomona, CA

After being with Sunrun for 3 years I am very disappointed and completely dissatisfied in both the product and the customer service. They seem less then willing to help with questions or problems and disinterested in the already locked in customer. We were told at the get go we would save money and never have problems with service. Both were lies. We've saved no money on our bill even after cutting our usage from 12 noon till 6pm each day as was suggested by SCE, since Sunrun was not helpful when we asked them what we could do (after hreceiving a $1600 EXTRA bill the 1st year for electricity from SCE), after being told by the salesperson from Verengo we could use the heck out of our AC. We rarely use the AC now, we live in the High Desert, it gets hot in the summer. We send SCE extra money to help each month and still, its not enough. The rate electricity has gone up each of the years we've had it has been less then the total amount that our rate goes up for the service. We're locked in for 20 years and no way would I do it again with Sunrun. Its a bad idea. Most of the positive reviews for the product, I noticed on the website, are from new customers. I'm a 3 year user. I've saved nothing and having this albatross contract around my neck will affect any chances I might have should I want to sell or rent my home it in the future. This was just very bad decision on my part. I feel like I've been had by another corporate giant. I would never give them a referral other then NOT TO USE THEM!

T. Liu

January 11th, 2017 New Britain, CT

The system just turned on a few days ago.