There are many solar companies out there, but which one actually provides the most value and best customer service? We've made it our mission to find out.

After conducting exhaustive research on the solar industry and gathering hundreds of Sunrun reviews, we've weighed the good and the bad and discovered Sunrun to be one of the top installers of solar panels based on a variety of criteria points.

Sunrun, which is the nation’s largest residential solar, storage, and energy service company, has installed over 1,600 megawatts of solar power and helped hundreds of thousands of consumers in 19 states, Washington D.C., and Puerto Rico to gain energy independence.

Sunrun is the pioneer of the solar-as-a-service model and continues to drive innovation of solar generation, storage, and energy services and technologies. The rooftop solar provider's mission is to create a planet run by the sun.

The Good

• Payment Flexibility
  • Customized Solar Systems
  • Simple Solar Process
  • 25-Year Maintenance
  • Roof Warranties and Coverage for Solar Panels
  • Customer Care Team
  • Battery Storage Options
  • High Level of Transparency with Customers
  • Installation Experience
  • Extensive Availability
  • Helpful Website

Payment Flexibility

To fit customer needs, Sunrun offers several financing options, including solar leases, Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs), prepayments, outright purchases, and loans.

Sunrun solar lease and PPA options give customers the chance to reap the benefits of a home solar system for zero to little upfront cost.

The prepayment option features all of the same benefits as the lease option, except the customer doesn't have to worry about the hassle of monthly payments.

Purchasing a Sunrun solar system outright provides customers with long-term savings, while financing a Sunrun solar system through a loan allows customers to make payments to own their system, which provides long-term benefits.

Customized Solar Systems

Sunrun understands that every customer's home, lifestyle, and savings goal is unique.

As a result, the company customizes every system it installs to the customer's needs using its own proprietary Automated Site Modeling design technology. With just a few pieces of information and satellite imagery of the rooftop, Sunrun’s Automated Site Modeling software quickly designs a custom solar system to maximize energy production.

Simple Solar Process

Sunrun strives to make switching to clean energy as simple and hassle-free as possible for its customers. The rooftop solar provider saves time by taking care of everything from scheduling to permitting and allowing people to follow their installation progress through the mySunrun mobile app. The design and installation process is as follows:

• Step 1: Sunrun's experienced technicians will visit, measure, and evaluate the home; ensure that a solar system is the right fit; and design a customized solar plan.
  • Step 2: Sunrun's design experts will review and make any adjustments to the custom evaluation.
  • Step 3: Sunrun submits the design plans to the local city government for permitting.
  • Step 4: After the permit is granted, Sunrun's installers will come out to the home, go over the custom design with the customer, receive approval, and get to work.
  • Step 5: Once the system has been installed, the city or county will perform the final inspection.
  • Step 6: Sunrun will submit documents to the utility company and "Permission to Operate" will be granted.

25-Year Maintenance

If customers choose to lease or obtain a PPA, Sunrun will own the system and, therefore, is responsible for all maintenance and repairs of the system. Additionally, Sunrun will refund customers if the panels installed on their roof ever underperform.

Roof Warranties and Coverage for Solar Panels

Other benefits of Sunrun's product include a 10-year warranty on systems that are purchased and up to a 25-year warranty on systems that are leased. Each solar customer's Sunrun contract also includes a roof warranty, which protects the roof from leaks or holes.

In addition, Sunrun provides its solar customers with daily system monitoring for no additional fee. The company's monitoring team oversees all all Sunrun systems and keeps an eye on production levels. If something happens or if performance dips, Sunrun will contact you as soon as possible to get things fixed.

Customer Care Team

Sunrun provides a U.S.-based customer care team that is ready to answer questions and help resolve any issues that may arise.

Battery Storage Options

Sunrun offers a battery storage option that can be purchased or leased called Brightbox. With Brightbox, customers can enjoy safe, clean, and reliable backup power in the event of a blackout.

Brightbox also helps customers manage electricity costs by seamlessly optimizing when a home uses electricity generated by solar panels, stored in the battery, or from the grid.

High Level of Transparency with Customers

Sunrun provides an abundance of helpful information on its website and strives to be very transparent with its customers. The company's website includes detailed solar education and FAQ sections, a helpful Guarantee page, and an informative "Plans and Services" page that will help customers better understand Sunrun's products and how to start taking advantage of solar power.

Installation Experience

When it comes to solar installation, Sunrun is one of the most experienced companies in the solar industry. In fact, the company is one of the few solar installers that has installed over 1,600 megawatts of solar energy.

As a result, Sunrun has offset 3.7 million tons of carbon emissions and helped more than 240,000 customers to control their electricity bills.

Extensive Availability

Sunrun currenty offers solar energy services in the following states and territories:

• Arizona
  • Washington, D.C.
  • Wisconsin
  • Puerto Rico

Helpful Website

Sunrun's website includes a variety of articles and helpful, easy-to-digest resources, including information on solar panels, plans and services, the cost of solar, warranties, installations, rebates and incentives, net metering, local information, solar education, and more.

Considering doing business with Sunrun? Learn more.

The Bad

• Outsourcing Installations for Remote Homes

Outsourced Installations for Remote Homes

A majority of Sunrun's installations are performed in-house, meaning that Sunrun employees will install the solar systems themselves, which is ideal. Occasionally, the company will contract other installers to work on homes that are too remote for Sunrun itself to reach.

While Sunrun does train and approve these third-party contractors before they work on a home, this outsourcing strategy has often led to inconsistencies in performance upon installation. Consequently, customer satisfaction concerning the installation quality and overall experience varies.

The Bottom Line

Overall, Sunrun is highly recommended to homeowners who are looking to go solar. Sunrun's high quality solar energy systems, variety of financing options, lengthy maintenance coverage and warranties, and customer service and transparency are attractive features that make breaking away from your utility company and switching to solar simple and affordable.

Interested in going solar with Sunrun? Find out more. Want to learn more about Sunrun? Check out the Sunrun solar reviews from real customers below.

Call our recommended rep over at Sunrun below.

Sunrun Frequently Asked Questions

How does going solar with Sunrun work?

After you sign your Sunrun agreement, you’re ready for solar panel installation. The best part? You don’t have to lift a finger because we take care of everything from scheduling to submitting permits, to working with the city and utility, and securing your solar panels to your roof. Naturally you’ll have questions, and we’ll be right there with you answering them every step of the way.

Once you’re approved for a Sunrun solar installation, your home will undergo a site assessment and an expert solar technician will visit your home to confirm your system design.

After that, our solar design experts make any necessary adjustments to your design and get your final approval. Once you’ve approved your system design, we submit your design to the city for permitting. From there, either Sunrun or one of our local certified partners perform your solar installation. We only partner with the top-rated solar installers, so know you’ll have the highest quality solar installation available.

When your installation is complete, the city or county will perform a final inspection on your system. Once it’s approved, it will be connected to the grid, and we’ll submit your documents to the utility company. After your utility company grants Permission to Operate, you’re ready to start powering your home with the sun.

How much does a solar energy system from Sunrun cost?

Solar home solar system prices vary by home, your utility company, and your location. Contact Sunrun for a quote today.

What solar panels does Sunrun use in its installations?

Sunrun uses standard and high-performance solar panels in its installations.

How long does it take for Sunrun to install solar panels?

The process of having a home solar system installed on your roof can be relatively quick. Many Sunrun installations are completed in one day.

But before our crew comes to your house, we take a few weeks to prepare your project so that you have the smoothest installation day possible. You will have a team of experts working for you during this time who handle the tasks necessary for a smooth solar installation and keep you updated along the way. Our customer app also allows you to see your installation status during this time:

• Conduct a site survey to look at your roof, attic and electrical panel
  • Finalize your custom design
  • Apply for permits and wait for approval
  • Collect other necessary approvals and documentation that is specific to your neighborhood, such as HOA approval

Your project coordinator will be in touch with you throughout this time to keep you up-to-date on your progress. When it comes time to install the system, your installation coordinator will let you know how long the construction process will take for your home.

How long is a Sunrun agreement?

In general, our Sunrun agreements last for up to 25 years. Contact a Sunrun solar advisor for more information.

What happens at the end of a Sunrun agreement?

When you reach the end of your Sunrun agreement, you have three options:

1. You can purchase the solar system at the fair market value (excluding New York homeowners).
  2. You can renew your lease with us on an annual basis.
  3. Sunrun can remove the system at no cost to you.

When you reach the end of your agreement, the Sunrun Customer Care team will help you with moving forward however you choose.

Does Sunrun offer a warranty?

All of our solar equipment is backed by robust warranties. When you choose BrightSave, your solar system will also come with 24/7 monitoring and maintenance. So if it breaks, we’ll fix it, free of charge. Contact us to learn more about our Comprehensive Home Solar System Support.

Does Sunrun offer solar monitoring?

Yes! We have a monitoring team dedicated to keeping an eye on your home solar system. Here’s how it works:

1. We record production (in real-time) — Your Sunrun meter counts your kilowatts as they’re produced.
  2. We collect your production data (every six hours) — Four times a day, your Sunrun meter sends your production data to our Denver-based monitoring team, where all production data is collected, stored, and analyzed.
  3. We evaluate your production (every day) — We compare your production to the estimates included in your contract to confirm that your system is working as expected. We also check the weather and other systems in your neighborhood to make sure you’re harvesting just as much sunshine as your neighbors.
  4. We fix what needs fixing (if necessary) — If your system isn’t working as expected, we will identify the issue and rectify the situation. If we cannot fix your system with remote troubleshooting, we may need to send a technician to take a look at your system in person.

How many states is Sunrun in?

Sunrun currently offers residential solar service in 22 states, plus the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico. Sunrun states are Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Hawaii, Illinois, Massachusetts, Maryland, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Texas, Utah, Vermont and Wisconsin.

3.6

Travis Green
November 9th, 2016

I have sun run solar panels on my roof. It has been a great experience and I would recommend them to anyone, in fact I have. Many of my neighbors also went with sun run and are loving there low power bill, sun run is great!

Stacy Polinsky
November 5th, 2016

We have had our solar for only 9 months and the system continues to stop working. We get a fault error. It takes weeks for someone to even come check out our system. Maybe because we are not leasing, we are buying the system. The inverter was already replaced once and now the system is saying we have 49 panels, however we have 50. This company is ridiculous and is selling an inferior product. We went through Costco, hoping for a superior product.

Philippe Colin
November 5th, 2016

A great choice over all. The best in the industry. From customer service to performance. Always there to answer your questions. They save you money and time. Now, I got to enjoy the rewards program that pays my electric bill. Thank you Sunrun.

William Strassner
October 31st, 2016

From start to completion, we were fully informed on a regular basis, all schedules were met - with cooperation - installation done properly and on time. Just great. Most competitive of the four we discussed the project with. Fully 16% better than another well known company !

Bob Sutherlin
October 30th, 2016

Don't be fooled. Made appt. week in advance, get call saying the technician had to change the date (to the date I had already told them wouldn't work for me), I had to cancel. Made 2nd appt. for 8am, guy never called or showed up. Why doesn't anyone believe in customer service anymore.

Shanno
October 29th, 2016 San Jose, CA

I have SunRun solar and when the Sales person first came to my door, I told them I did not want solar at this time because my roof needs to be replaced. The sales person told me it was no big deal, they just come out, remove them and after the roof is installed, they re-install them. They portrayed this as no big deal. I am now replacing my roof and it turns out it IS a big deal. The roof costs $9,800 to replace it for labor and materials. I have 22 panels on only 1 side of my roof. It costs $4,918 to remove/re-install the panels. That is MORE than HALF the costs of a new roof. I would have waited to have the solar installed AFTER I had the new roof installed had I not been mislead by SunRun. When I called Sun Run customer service, all they did was quote Section 9 of their Contract. No accountability for misleading me so that I got the sale and I installed then vs waiting til after the roof. They only have ONE PARTNER that does the removal and install and they aren't even local. The partner even put charges for TRAVEL time in their estimate. I am very concerned that Sun Run mislead me on the cost of removal/re-install to make a sale. I am very concerned that Sun Run doesn't have local partners and they charge extra since they are not local. I am VERY un-satisfied. Their entire sales pitch was about SAVING me money. With the added cost of removal/install .. I am in the hole. I have NO cost savings. They also recently came around and tried to get me to install solar on the other side of my roof. Again pitching the savings of the solar. If I had solar on both side of my roof, I would be paying around $10K for the removal/install and another $10K for the roof .. making a new roof cost $20K vs. $10K due to the solar.

Juan Navarrete
October 27th, 2016

Great service on Oahu. Went the Prepaid lease route and from $350/month to less than $20/month. Had to move off island after about 2 years, sold the house very quickly (less than a week) due to the great solar installation. Transfer to new owners was impossibly easy. Looking to build a new home and will definitely be contacting SUNRUN again! One inverter failed, SUNRUN immediately replaced it and refunded the cost of the grid's electricity during the short wait.

Matt Pereira
October 23rd, 2016

Been a customer for a year they are great system is over performing . The installers are great.

Haidy Behman
October 21st, 2016

I have tried several times to contact them. They respond 50% of the time. Tell you they will call back but never do.

Douglas Hart
October 21st, 2016 Brooklyn, NY

I am a new customer -- Great Experience ---- Great Advice Excellent --- Right down to the installers --- Pure professionals

Robbin Kuznetzkoff
October 20th, 2016

Horrible experience! Do not call this company unless you are interested in paying more money for an inferior product and virtually no customer service. After being misdirected by the sales rep into a product that was not the correct one for me, I could find no one who would assist me in straightening out what has become a financial nightmare. Finally went with another company and have never been happier!

David Rudd
October 19th, 2016

Worst experience ever and sun run could care less. They don't respond to complaints or concerns. They have the worst subs anywhere that just want to hack your house up and haul ass . Quantity not quallity. 7 month nightmare til pto granted and not even an apology

Glenn Kelly
October 19th, 2016 Phoenix, AZ

High $/kWh, less efficient/effective panels, multiple inverters.

Jennifer Reinhardt
October 17th, 2016 Ventura, CA

Sunrun was great until our inverter went out 3 years later. It has been a nightmare. This started 9/20/16 with a phone call from Sunrun telling me there was a problem with the solar system. Four phone calls later a tech finally comes out and looks at the code and says the inverter is bad. I gave the Sunrun rep. the code my 1st phone call to them. Tech said inverter would arrive within 3 days and it should be installed in two weeks. Today is 2 weeks. Called Sunrun again and gal told me to call ABB who makes the inverter. Gave me phone number and reference number (this should be Sunruns job, not mine). Called ABB and parts are back ordered for inverter until end of Nov. I will be without my solar system working for 2 months. NEVER, NEVER would I refer Sunrun to ANYONE.

David Kokka
October 5th, 2016 Fresno, CA

I am the owner of a 7 year Sunrun PPA solar agreement. When I signed up, they made many promises and were good about them until this year. Now, they are saying that the panel washing I was getting annually to this point was not in writing and only done as a courtesy- Bull****! Company's word means nothing. MAKE SURE TO GET EVERYTHING IN WRITING IF YOU DECIDE TO USE THEM!!!!!!!

Lois Vanderkooi
October 5th, 2016 Broomfield, CO

Sunrun has been a great company to work with as everyone explains things, answers questions, and communicates clearly and directly. Their use of e-mail is also very effective in guiding the process. Moreover, their pricing is very reasonable and we are happy to be contributing to cleaner air!

Tony
October 2nd, 2016 New City, NY

We interviewed 4 companies before we chose SUNrun. They were flexible and let us choose the more efficient panels, they also had 3 payment choices for us; to own outright or to lease over time. The math worked out and we're able to save about 40% off our monthly bill. Installation was quick, professional and efficient. Overall, I'd recommend them for any residential installation.

Weyand
October 1st, 2016 Irvine, CA

I am Paying 25 cents per kilowatt on their leasing program which is much higher than other companies.

Mateo Wolfe
September 30th, 2016 Oceano, CA

Sun Run is the best service to get. It wasn't crazy expensive like many other brands. Great service and they were installed FAST.

Robert Knight
September 22nd, 2016 Yucca Valley, CA

Right now I am not a happy camper with SunRun. First, I feel I made the sad mistake of leasing. My mistake, I didn't truly understand solar. I just wanted to reduce my electric bill and was under the assumption by going solar I wouldn't have a bill that I would be getting paid for putting electricity on the grid. Wrong mistake on my part. Our grid is with Southern California Edison who I end up paying at the end of the year almost $900.00 for taxes, and fees they still charge. Plus the payments I make to SunRun monthly. I was with the understanding I would be producing more electricity than I would require. I was also with the understanding SunRun, since I am leasing, would maintain my system. Well the inverter that was installed is no longer working. I have been without solar now since the 22nd of June 2016 and it's now 19 August 2016. SunRun outsourced the repair to another company, Helio Power, and I am told there is a backlog of inverters which need to be required. I will purchase the solar system which has been installed and am actively searching for another company to install more panels, and who can deliver on their promises.

Vincent
September 22nd, 2016

Sun Run was outstanding. Great service and installation. Thanks.

Greg Bentall
September 22nd, 2016 Cloverdale, CA

I have had Sunrun solar for a year now. The company is totally outstanding. I own my own system outright and have no monthly fees or finance charges. There is a twenty-year warranty that is transferable if I sell my house. My electic bills went from $240 per month to $40 per month. My return on investment is 25% per year. There is no where else I can get that kind of return on my money. I would recommkend Sunrun to anyone. It is a great way to save money while also saving the planet.

Frank Lamarque
September 21st, 2016 Highland, CA

From the initial presentation to the installation to the start up everything has been excellent ! I also liked the $15.00 monthly discount for going on auto pay.

Mike in Rancho Palos Verdes, CA
September 17th, 2016 Minneapolis, MN

Solar panels worked fine. Installation was good and we were saving on our total energy bill...until we had to move with my job and then the experience turned ugly, very ugly. The transfer of service is not as easy as Sunrun claims, especially with a corporate, 3rd party buy-out involved. The 3rd party would not entertain a transfer of service and required for the system to be wholly paid for. So, the few hundred $$ a month in savings turned into thousands of $$$ in loss when the system had to be immediately paid "off". If that wasn't bad enough, Sunrun's contract says the value of the system will be determined by an independent appraiser - not true. The appraiser is done by them or someone they hire and they refused to show that appraisal. They claim, via email only, that the value of the system was greater than what was contained in the contract. Pure BS and shady business practice. Unless you can pay for your system up front, I would stay away.

Sean Kennedy
August 26th, 2016 Duluth, GA

When I went to the website they said Pennsylvania was supported, however, when I spoke with an agent, was told that only a few select customers were eligible in PA. Agent would not tell me what qualified as a select customer other than that I had to be a Comcast subscriber. This is misleading advertising and they should be more transparent about what states they service and support.

dan baker
August 26th, 2016 Naalehu, HI

pay about a $100 per.month.more than with HELco here in Hawaii..it was o.k.at the start,as your family moves away your bill stays the same but your using less..now HELco is a better deal..i was told at the start i would pd.26cent per kw.that is t true..there was more than just the bill that was not right...also i had an analysis done and was told that an adjustment could be made..what a joke that was...i was talked into having solar for my small house that is not used all the time and it would be 28 cent per kw.. not true...when they talk to you...have it all in writing......

Ronald Crasto
August 20th, 2016 Phoenix, AZ

We installed a Sunrun solar panel system about 3 months ago. They installed per promise & the system has been running great for the past 3 months. Overall savings so far on the electric bill around $600 so far.

BRYAN MOOSE
August 16th, 2016 Columbia, SC

I just got my first Sun Run bill, and my electricity bill went from last months high of $320 (usually around $230, this time of year) to only $97. I could not be happier or more pleasantly surprised. Installation went super smooth, on all accounts, and things came together in mere weeks.

Bob Kirby
August 9th, 2016 Stoughton, MA

The whole Sunrun team was incredible. Excellent customer service. Would highly recommend them to anyone.

Sheri Frost
August 9th, 2016 CA

The Sunrun team is amazing. We had a great experience from start to install. Unlike other companies that send one guy to install, they sent a team and got it all done in 2 days as they said. They've been very professional and obviously prioritize customer service. It's nice to be appreciated for using a product that pays me back!

Bal Raj Rai
August 9th, 2016 New York, NY

It is a great opportunity to go Sunrun Solar bcuz we can save some dollars out of our Overpayment being paid to Eversource every month. I paid $150-$250 each month to Eversource. Now I got a bill of $101 for about 2 months. That's why I request every homeowner To go Solar! Please don't delay, save money and have clean energy as well. Thanks

Paul Joyce
August 6th, 2016

Best in NJ at a quality installation and backing that up with a professional service team.

William C. Mullen
July 19th, 2016 Ronkonkoma, NY

I have not received a bill, to date. I chose SUNRUN, after seeing one, of the company cars, during my travels. My installation went smoothly. I feel not enough time has passed, for giving ones objective opinion. I have no idea how, to rate, at this point. Perhaps, at a later date, I could be more succinct.

Jeff Sanders
July 19th, 2016 Merced, CA

Very well-trained and effective staff in all areas... Sales, planning, installation, permitting,and startup were done without a hitch and within the promised times. We haven't needed service, so I can't comment on that.

lisa
July 18th, 2016 Hopewell Junction, NY

All we have been getting is the brush off. Every time we call we are told to be patient, meanwhile my system hasn't been working for 45 days - during summer months. They know they have hit the contract production and don't care. I am filing with BBB and anywhere else I can share - SUNRUN is horrible.

GButcher
July 18th, 2016 Kilauea, HI

Our system stopped registering in March. It is now mid-July and it is still not fixed because in 4 months Sunrun has not managed to get a repair technician to our property. They are all very polite when I have called and each time they say they will get right on it. They have even told me they were escalating us to an urgent status. However, after a dozen calls they have called me ZERO times to update me or schedule an appointment. My next complaints are to the Better Business Bureau and the state utility commission. Stay away from Sunrun if you can.

Joyce Muirhead
July 18th, 2016 Simi Valley, CA

Our a solar system was installed by Sunrun in Sept 2014 purchased through Costco.. The installation of 21 panels took a day and a half, even though the temperature was well over 100 degrees. There was a large crew of at least ten men installing the panels and electricians setting up the electrical. We took advantage of the 30% tax credit. We produce almost all of our energy now. Our electric bill is approximatelyt $10.00 per month for use of the power grid and any unused energy is banked for a period of 12 months. We couldn't be happier with our system and the service we received. We would highly recommend Sunrun to anyone.

Annette Brinkley
July 11th, 2016 Fresno, CA

Horrible customer service. Once your system is installed they're done. They don't stand by their work and will not address problems with systems that aren't properly working.

Luis ruiz
July 8th, 2016 Boardman, OR

Very professional, excellent installation and perfect product

Joan Ball
July 7th, 2016 Alameda, CA

I have had Sunrun for 6 years. The question initially are you Electricity costs more than$150. I am in a very sunny area and my last bill was over $216 and I have added no more users. Then I get a settlement bill for the previous year for generally an additional $1000+. I was contacted by Sunrun about at the end of May and they were considering adding additional panels for an extra $50 per month. The layout I did not like but was prepared to possibly accept it, I have asked several times what the added panels would save me in electricity cost each month. I was told by Falynn McFarland last week that she would call me back 5-7-16. She said she is the project integrator! I have made calls every day and left Falynn McFarland my home # and times when I will be at home. I have not a phone call or email. Several people have asked me recently who proved my solar system and what is Sunrun like to deal with. I just told them the truth.

Pat Dempsey
July 7th, 2016 Pismo Beach, CA

SunRun was very professional from the sales process through the permits, installation, and activation. Incredible communications. Installation was done in one day. They predicted 2 days, but worked a little late to get it done. Everything went by the numbers. All SunRun people I encountered were excellent.

Terry Collette Sr
June 30th, 2016 Los Angeles, CA

Very disappointed with"customer service" After 4 e-mails they are not responding about a service problem at my house. I get enough of their emails that referring my friends, I know they have internet sevice. Terry Sr

Venkat Subramanian
June 27th, 2016 Silver Spring, MD

Was all set with Sunrun. Did my homework and research for over 6 months. This was my project for summer. Mar 16, had the 'home visit' session. Disaster, to say the least. The gentleman appeared very knowledgeable but positively rude, absolutely 100% negative attitude, arrogant. If he believes he is intelligent, I will give it to him but he thinks customer is an idiot. Suppose to send me additional material and quote and of course don't have it till date..

F. Behanna
June 23rd, 2016 Trumbull, CT

I'm a Connecticut customer & have had nothing but a positive experience with SunRun. Any delays I had were not Sunruns. It was waiting for local inspections. My area of Connecticut had a New York team install. They were professional and did a great job. Explained each step as they installed. It took a full day but I then had to wait for local inspections before I was activated. Very happy with SunRun from the sales team to install. I checked out 3 companies before going with them. They had A+ rating with BBB.

Ron Lambert
June 17th, 2016 New Bedford, MA

I have been with SunRun for approx 4yrs and never had a problem. There was a smooth transition from introduction to the turning on the panels no complaints. I believe any problems start with the rep and the install team. Consistent product across the area served.

Wyn Sears
June 16th, 2016 Arroyo Grande, CA

Getting Solar from Sun Run was by far the dumbest thing I have ever done in my 73 years. They saw a sucker gave me a contract even attorneys have a hard time understanding and took me for a ride. When I got solar for my house they quoted me some $30,000 which I couldn't afford. So they talked me into a sorta lease which at the time seemed reasonable about 108.00 per month. But after the first year I got a bill from PG&E for about $1,400 thats when I found out the bad news this was going to be for the rest of my life!!!!! The thing they no call true-up this year it was $1,800. Then I got a bill from Sun Run also a true up bill. I called the salesman and he said that they weren't supposed to charge me a true up bill so I didn't get the Sun Run True up bill for several years. I called customer service to complain about all these true up bills and they answered me in a couple of weeks after my call with another true up bill. Mind you The subject of true up bills were never brought up by the salesman in the beginning. I thought I had to pay a fixed rent on the equipment . Anyway my advice to anyone getting solar go to a more honest company where they tell you all the facts. If you have to pay a true up bill you might as well not even buy solar.

Dave Garcia
June 15th, 2016 San Marcos, CA

Been three months since it was installed and still not working! As weeks go by always an excuse why they can't finalize permit. Beware also that a lien can be put against your property. We had disasters for the poles to mount the panels on the ground and now have received a lien notice from the concrete company!

Roy Rene Salvador Ramirez
June 15th, 2016 Palmdale, CA

I have three systems on three properties. On each, the inverter failed (Same make & model, Aurora). On each replacement instance, it took over two months to get the replacement inverter. Meanwhile, no electrical production. It takes too long to get reparations made. To give credit where due: For the initial installations, the service was #1; fantastic!! The bills afterwards were low!! :)

Alex Boost
June 9th, 2016 Costa Mesa, CA

Not only was Sunrun the most professional and on-top-of-it solar company I got a bid from, they also provided the easiest construction experience I have ever seen. We just hit the end of our first year of having solar and the system produced 10% more than the estimates! We are so happy with solar and just wish we would have done it sooner,

Jacqui McLeish
June 8th, 2016 Columbia, SC

It was a no-brainer to go solar but when you have great customer service, and the courteous and expeditious installation crew what more can I ask for. Let me tell you I received my first utility bill since flipping my switch for solar and I received a credit on my bill.. Now that put a smile on my face Way to go Sunrun