Contact A Company$100 Satisfaction Guarantee keyboard_arrow_right

$100 Guarantee

Sunrun

verified
$100 Guarantee
Sunrun has helped over 180,000 customers save more than $100 million on their electricity bills with solar!

There are many solar companies out there, but which one actually provides the most value and best customer service? We've made it our mission to find out.

After conducting exhaustive research on the solar industry and gathering hundreds of Sunrun reviews, we've weighed the good and the bad and discovered Sunrun to be one of the top installers of solar panels based on a variety of criteria points.

The company, which is based in San Francisco, California, has installed over 950 megawatts of solar power and helped consumers in 20 states and Washington D.C. to lower their electricity bills.

The Good

• Payment Flexibility
  • 20-Year Maintenance
  • Roof Warranties and Coverage for Solar Panels
  • Battery Storage Options
  • High Level of Transparency with Customers
  • Installation Experience
  • Extensive Availability
  • Helpful Website

Payment Flexibility

In order to fit the needs of almost any customer, Sunrun offers several financing options, including solar leases, Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs), prepayments, outright purchases, and loans.

Sunrun solar lease and PPA options give customers the chance to reap the benefits of a home solar system for zero to little upfront cost.

The prepayment option features all of the same benefits as the lease option, except the customer doesn't have to worry about the hassle of monthly payments.

Purchasing a Sunrun solar system outright provides customers with long-term savings, while financing a Sunrun solar system through a loan allows customers to make payments to own their system, which provides long-term benefits.

20-Year Maintenance

If customers choose to lease or obtain a PPA, Sunrun will own the system and, therefore, is responsible for all maintenance and repairs of the system. Additionally, Sunrun will refund customers if the panels installed on their roof ever underperform.

Roof Warranties and Coverage for Solar Panels

Other benefits of Sunrun's product include a 10-year warranty on systems that are purchased, a 20-year warranty on systems that are leased, and 24/7 system monitoring (provided by Sunrun).

Battery Storage Options

Sunrun offers a battery storage option that can be purchased or leased called Brightbox. With Brightbox, customers can enjoy safe, clean, and reliable backup power in the event of a blackout.

Additionally, Brightbox helps customers save money by seamlessly optimizing when a home uses electricity generated by solar panels, stored in the battery, or from the grid.

High Level of Transparency with Customers

Sunrun provides an abundance of information on its website and strives to be very transparent with its customers. The company's website includes a detailed FAQ section, a helpful guarantee page, and an informative "Plans and Services" page that will help customers better understand how to move forward with Sunrun and start taking advantage of solar power.

Installation Experience

When it comes to solar installation, Sunrun is one of the most experienced companies in the solar industry. In fact, the company is one of the few solar installers that has installed over 950 megawatts of solar energy.

As a result, Sunrun has offset 1.7 million tons of carbon emissions and helped more than 180,000 customers to reduce their electricity bills and take advantage of net metering.

Extensive Availability

Sunrun currenty offers solar energy services in the following states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Hawaii, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, Nevada, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Washington D.C., and Wisconsin.

Helpful Website

Sunrun's website includes a variety of blog posts and helpful, easy-to-digest resources, including information on solar panels, plans and services, the cost of solar, warranties, installations, rebates and incentives, net metering, and more.

Considering doing business with Sunrun? Click here.

The Bad

• Outsourcing Installations for Remote Homes

Outsourced Installations for Remote Homes

A majority of Sunrun's installations are performed in-house, meaning that Sunrun employees will install the solar systems themselves, which is ideal. Occasionally, the company will contract other installers to work on homes that are too remote for Sunrun itself to reach.

While Sunrun does train and approve these third-party contractors before they work on a home, this outsourcing strategy has often led to inconsistencies in performance upon installation. Consequently, customer satisfaction concerning the installation quality and overall experience varies.

The Bottom Line

Overall, Sunrun is highly recommended to homeowners who are looking to go solar. Sunrun's high quality solar energy systems, variety of financing options, lengthy maintenance coverage and warranties, and customer service and transparency are attractive features that make breaking away from your utility company and switching to solar simple and affordable.

Interested in going solar with Sunrun? Click here. Want to learn more about Sunrun? Check out the Sunrun solar reviews from real customers below.

Call our recommended rep over at Sunrun below.

3.3

David Gallup
January 14th, 2019 Camarillo, CA DETAILS

Worst run company ever. It took them over a year to get our account up to speed when we bought this house with an existing Sunrun contract. Even now, more than two years in, they still can't tell us what they've been billing us for and they are asking for over a thousand dollars they say we owe but with no documentation provided. Many of our hours wasted on the phone with managers, etc. I've never seen such incompetence in my life, and nothing seems to fix it. Go elsewhere.

JCohick
January 10th, 2019 Dixon, CA DETAILS

The name of their company implies what you should do "Run!!!", do not trust them. I finally was able to sell my home but had to outright buyout the lease. Now after having my house sold well over a month ago, they are hounding me for my monthly payment. Seriously I do not see how this company has such a high overall score. How many 1 star reviews have people left. This companies customer service practices are horrible. Looking forward to the day a class action lawsuit comes.

Dec 06, 2018

Hello Jason C. Thank you for your communication. We apologize for any issues caused during the service transfer process. We know that moving can be a stressful endeavor, so we want to make the transfer of the Sunrun Agreement as easy as possible. If you would like for us to review the current service transfer please private message us your contact information. We want to work towards turning this experience around for you.

Thomas Killingsworth
January 9th, 2019 Spring Valley, CA DETAILS

Very helpful and knowledgeable about solar. Patient with any and all questions and concerns.

Jan 09, 2019

This is such a wonderful review! Thank you, Thomas, for helping Sunrun create a planet run by the sun!

Victor O
January 2nd, 2019 Fresno, CA DETAILS

Company itself is good. The install team was great however the sales rep Jed S doesent reply to calls after the sale has been made. I was promised by him critter guards but they were never installed. Tried to contact him several times regarding this, a couple times he said that he will let sunrun know about it but they never did anything. Then he just stopped answering messages and calls. Same goes for one of the office girls she asked me to send her pictures of the critter problem then stoped responding. All I received was a third party company estimate for installing the critter guards.

Jan 03, 2019

We certainly hate to hear this Victor. We want to help with your situation and initiate our goal of providing a positive customer experience. We have shared your experience with our leadership team. Please feel free to message us your contact information and we can look into your critter guard concerns.

Kayla
December 31st, 2018 Surprise, AZ DETAILS

We sold our house back in September and here we going into January and still paying on a house we no longer own! I was told by supervisors and customer service reps that I will be getting a refund and I would no longer be charged! Well that was a lie I just got another email stating they’re gonna try to charge my account again for January!? I’ve asked to speak to corporate and apparently there’s no corporate number. It’s getting to the point where a lawyer might be necessary!

Dec 31, 2018

Hello Kayla. We bill one month behind, your last bill will be withdrawn automatically. We will only bill you for the last day the lease was in your name. If you would like for us to send you an invoice for the final bill, we would be more than happy to review and explain the billing to you. Send us a private message with your contact information.

Camillieri
December 26th, 2018 Delray Beach, FL DETAILS

I never got even one response when asking for prospective installers in my state

Dec 27, 2018

Hello Camillieri. We are sorry you were not reached out to. This is not the Sunrun norm. Feel free to send me your information, we can investigate and provide further information.

Danniel
December 31st, 2018 Henderson, NV DETAILS

Sunrun fulfilled everything promised and more. The sales agent, Noah, followed through on everything in a professional and timely manner. The installation team said install would take a day and it took only half a day. The installation was top notch and the explanation of how to operate the system was thorough. It’s winter and our system is producing 85 to 90% of peak power. When spring and summer arrives our output should exceed expectations. To make all this even greater the rebates from Costco saved us nearly $1100. I already referred Sunrun to our neighbors and their system was just installed. I can’t recommend enough Sunrun system purchased through Costco.

Dec 31, 2018

Thank you so much for leaving this review Danniel. We enjoy reading about your experience. There are areas of opportunity, for example, the time it can take to install the panels we appreciate the feedback. We're also delighted to hear the sales representative made your experience that much better. Welcome to the Sunrun family!

Carl Chien
December 31st, 2018 Las Vegas, NV

I scheduled an appointment for consultation, but the representative texted me 15 minutes after the appointment time and said he won't be able to come; how respectful he is! Guess he is making too much money, and just gave up a 100% sure contract right here!

Dec 31, 2018

Hello Carl C. We apologize you were not reached out too, this is not the Sunrun norm. Please feel free to private message your contact information. We want to take the opportunity to turn this experience around. If you would like for another one of our reps to reach out to you please private message us your contact information.

Mike Shulman
December 21st, 2018 Wyckoff, NJ DETAILS

"Grate" company schedule an appointment, will not show or even cancel it, so, very respectful. What if you sign up with them? Simple answer...... Glad i did not.

Dec 26, 2018

We are saddened to hear you've had this experience, and this is not the Sunrun norm. Our aim is to provide a customer experience that meets your expectations! This begins with our unwavering dedication to make sure your questions are addressed. Feel free to private message us your contact information. We want to take the time to change your experience.

Jerome McEvilly
December 21st, 2018 Algonquin, IL DETAILS

Before we signed up with Sunrun, we were assured by two different employees that our Sunrun bill being $63.00 and our electric bill averaging $18.00, for a total of $83.00 a month. We were also assured that signing up to transition to solar (in October in Illinois) would not affect our bill, that we would start earning credits as soon as it was turned on. Our November bill from Sunrun was $63.00 and our electric bill was $91.00. When we called Sunrun, we were told that we would continue to have higher bills because we don't have a lot of sunny days during the winter in Illinois. This is not what we signed up for. We are now paying $20.00 a month MORE with solar! When my husband spoke to Mario, a supervisor at Sunrun, he was told "Obviously, you are not liking what I am telling you, so I will not escalate your request any further". When my husband said that we should have waited until Spring, Mario's response was "There's never a good time to start up, it takes a while to start earning credits". So sorry we made this decision! BUYER BEWARE!

Dec 26, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. This is not the Sunrun norm and we are saddened to hear this was your experience. We will share your feedback with our sales leadership team. If you would like to review the issue in detail, please feel free to private message us.

Lipps
December 17th, 2018 Oakland, CA DETAILS

We can't get anyone from Sunrun to talk to us. We have a problem and no support.

Dec 19, 2018

Hello Lipps. We are saddened to hear you are not able to contact Sunrun. Please private message your contact information, and we will have a Specialist reach out to you!

Alison
December 18th, 2018 Mountain View, CA DETAILS

I purchased from REC solar in 2006 a 3.3KEV system. Fronius inverter quit after 5 years and got replaced after a week. Another 2 years later inverter quite again this time one board was replaced. Now 2018 inverter quit again with error 475- "replace me" I now found out that SunRun is the company I have to deal with. After 2 weeks of calls and no records in their system beside my home phone number I'm giving up. Promising calls through a third party and creating my online account with no information, I conclude like others that their customer service is very poor. I purchased a new Inverter through a different company but now also found out that 2 of my panels are not performing and should be a warranty issue for SHARP. You think that your original installer would work with you on this. But again no phone and service requests returned from SunRun. I'm on my own again.

Dec 19, 2018

Hello Alison. We are so sorry to hear this has been your experience, this is not the Sunrun norm. We want to make sure we are addressing your service issues in a timely manner. As well as making sure we have seamless communication with you. The manufacturer warranties are 3rd parties we work with and we apologized if there were delays caused because of this. Feel free to provide us with your contact information and we can further investigate this!

Karen B
December 14th, 2018 Shingle Springs, CA DETAILS

Mark B and the Sunrun team delivered an incredible experience. This is our second home with a solar (went with a different company on the first.. mistake). So happy with this decision. The team called and check in on us even if there was no new news. Also, the system was installed much quicker than expected. Call Mark B and Sunrun if you are even thinking about going solar.

Dec 19, 2018

Karen! Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful experience. We are delighted to see that the process was a success and your system was installed quickly! Sunrun loves to see that we are walking our customers through the process, step by step. Let's create a planet run by the sun, and welcome to the Sunrun family!

Bob Lobach
December 13th, 2018 Morgan Hill, CA DETAILS

As someone else said, RUN away from Sunrun. I have been waiting Since October of 2018 for a new inverter. No one ever calls back, I have called the manager in my area, she knows nothing, the service people will not talk to you, you have to go through a third party, this person wants you to sign a contract, but cannot tell me what or why I am buying a certain product, and I am told only the service department can tell me about the inverter, however, I cannot talk to the service department I can only talk with the third party. I have also called Denver and San Francisco, the headquarters. No help, no luck, all they care about is the big money for the sales, after that your on your own.

Dec 14, 2018

Hello Bob L. Thank you for your communication, we are currently working on finding a replacement inverter. We want to make sure it is compatible with the existing system. Jay your Case Manager called you and left a message December the 3rd to give you updated information. I will let him know to reach back out. We are so sorry about the delays. This is not the Sunrun norm.

Maria
December 11th, 2018 Visalia, CA DETAILS

The name says it all run! Run away fast Sunrun is a horrible company and their customer support is horrible. Good luck trying to get panels fixed. Our panels did not work since the day we installed them. So disappointed with Costco for selling us on Sunrun. Should of read the reviews online. If I could I would give it zero stars!

Dec 13, 2018

Hello Maria, thank you for your communication. We are disheartened to hear you are having service issues. We work to make sure our customers are taken care of. We want to take the chance to turn this experience around and review the concerns with you. Feel free to reach out with your contact information. We will have a Specialist reach out to you.

Glen
December 11th, 2018 The Bronx, NY DETAILS

Solar leasing is a modern-day pirate operation as for my experience with Sunrun I bought my home and took over the lease from the previous owner big mistake beware anyone looking to buy a house with solar install that’s being lease. You might just be picking up a leasing bill that has absolutely no benefit to you once these systems are already setup and installed. I never seen saving in anyway in five years. I show my neighbors and anyone who ask me about my solar my lease bill and electric bill. They are shock that they pay less than me. The best explanation I got according to Sunrun representative for why I might not be seeing savings is because the system was not designed for me but the previous home owner. I am activity inquiring ways to benefit and save. The best option would be to add a battery or power storage to my solar according to third party solar contractors I spoke with. The best sun-run can do according to a representative I spoke to is offer me another lease because they won’t add a battery to the system I have, but I can do so using a third party which would void my warranty according to their customer representative. Solar leasing business clearly isn’t an operation grounded on satisfying consumers but stricken to profit because form my research they are buttery / power storage systems that come ready to be integrated into older solar system. From my personal point Sunrun don’t want me to save because they own the right to sell the power produce by the solar I am leasing from them which is then sold back to me by the same power company they are selling the power to. Solar leasing needs regulation!!. Leasing companies holding the right to sell is not good for consumers. VERY UNSATISFIED CUSTOMER there would have been no star for this post if I was not forced to select one. I sincerely write this review I inform. At the time when I bought my home there was not much information out there for me to properly assess the idea of buying my home with solar installed I took a chance. Am fortunate that I can carry the extra cost to my finance.

Dec 13, 2018

Thank you for your communication, Glen. We can understand that you feel frustrated with the current savings you are receiving after purchasing a home that already had solar installed. Moving is already stressful enough, we understand the way you feel. We want to apologize for any inconveniences caused during your Service Transfer. Even if the system was not designed to your specific usage it's still beneficial due to the following reasons; you're creating a better environment, and second, even if the system is not big enough to cover your usage 100%, you are still saving. You're saving because the kilowatts Sunrun produces are priced at a lower rate than the utility company's rate. Due to the system warranties we highly recommend you do not add 3rd party equipment. It would void the manufacturer warranties, as well as our warranties. This is due to Sunrun maintaining the system for the life of the agreement(20 years). We also want to address your concerns on how the energy is sold back to the grid. Once you go solar, your utility company will begin billing you as a "net energy metering" (NEM) customer. This means instead of billing you for all of your electricity usages, your utility will bill you for the difference between system production and how much total electricity your home needed for the month. For example, if the system generates 400 kWh of solar electricity and you used 600 kWh of electricity in your home, your utility company will only bill you for 200 kWh of electricity. What we recommend is to run a savings analysis at the end of the solar year. Please private message us and we can answer your questions in detail.

DRKORAK
December 10th, 2018 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS

I applied my information twice online and never received a call or an email.

Dec 10, 2018

Hello, we are so sorry to hear this was your experience. This is not the Sunrun norm. It's disheartening to hear your sales experience was not great. Please feel free to private message me and we will be more than willing to work with you. Thank you for your feedback.

Stuart Revak
December 11th, 2018 Orangevale, CA

When I signed the contract, I was told to to 3 weeks for installation. Five weeks later they finally did the install. It then took another 3 to 4 weeks before they would come out and inspect it. When they inspected it they found something wrong and I was told it was supposed to be fixed that day that a mechanic would come with the inspector. A mechanic did not come with the inspector and that took a Nother 2 to 3 days. After that was done we need the inspection from our power company and that is another 3 to 5 weeks out. Every time I called my salesman he would only return my call maybe one out of three or four times. I’m not happy with this company I was hoping to get it before Christmas and it’s not going to happen. I would not recommend them to anybody

Dec 13, 2018

Hello Stuart R. Thank you for reaching out and expressing your concerns. We're happy you're excited about going solar. We appreciate all the patience you've had with us throughout the advancements of the installation. Sunrun strives to make the process seamless. We apologize that there has been lack of communication, we will address this immediately. We work to be transparent as well and set the correct expectation during the process. Feel free to private message us with any more questions. Let's create a planet run by the sun!

Rose
December 11th, 2018 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS

I’ve been solar for about 6 months and I love it! I wish I had done it sooner. Lorenzo from Las Vegas signed me up and he was super helpful every step of the way. I recommend Sunrun if you’re trying to go solar. 5 STARS!!!

Dec 13, 2018

Hello Rose! Thank you so much for leaving this review. We enjoy reading about your experience. There are areas of opportunity, for example, the time it can take to install the panels we appreciate the feedback. We're also delighted to hear the sales representative made your experience that much better. Welcome to the Sunrun family!

Virginia Curcio
December 5th, 2018 Plymouth, MA

Its early in the process for me. Just finished up w/the sales rep and scheduled the 1st inspection. Couple of things: 1) the sales pitch was way too long. It took almost 5 hours: one whole afternoon. The sales rep did not let me read the contract, although he did seem to highlight the salient point. The inspection appointment was scheduled; but I lost track of the appointment time. I emailed the rep to confirm the appointment but he never got back to me. As a result I missed the inspection appointment. Subsequently I did get a call from Customer Service rescheduling the appointment. Not a very auspicious start. Hopefully the rest will go smoothly.

Dec 06, 2018

Hello Virginia C. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate your communication and see that there were some areas of opportunity. This is not the Sunrun norm, we will work hard to make sure going forward you are taken care of and your concerns are addressed in a timely manner. Let's create a planet run by the sun.

walter g maple
December 4th, 2018 DETAILS

i was never contacted yet still waiting to hear offer and get hooked up

Dec 05, 2018

Hello Walter Q. We are not happy to hear that this has been your experience. We want to make sure your questions are being addressed. Feel free to private message me your contact information and I will gladly have someone reach out to you.

Dina Ritz
December 4th, 2018 DETAILS

Everything started out fine and we've been going through the preliminaries for the installation. Prices were good, people were great. Then a month later after the roof is inspected they call and say they can't get approval for a solar roof on our house because there isn't enough room. They could have said that in the beginning instead of waiting weeks to tell us and then calling it off. Incidentally, no other solar company (out of four we have had inspect) has said there isn't enough room, just Sunrun. They sat in our living room and did the mockup and had no problems then so there should have been no problem.

Manuel J Fernandez
December 5th, 2018 Brentwood, NY DETAILS

Dec 06, 2018

Hello Manuel F. Thank you for your communication. We are saddened to hear that this was your experience, rest assure your feedback will be shared with our sales leadership team. If you would like to go over your experience in detail feel free to private message us.

michael t sniscal jr
December 5th, 2018 Nesquehoning, PA DETAILS

I am writing this review as a customer and a retired contractor of 30 years from Pa. Have winter home in Fl. where panels were installed. This review is covering installation. Will update as time goes on. Team No Limit as they called themselves, did the install. They arrived on time and I can not say enough about theses gentlemen. Hector,Raymond, Chris and Nick. Were true professionals. Answered all my additional questions. They were always courteous and friendly. They are all business and professional. Each had a job and they worked together like a well oiled machine. They hardly talked to each other. Each was ready and knew his job duties. When job was completed, site was clean as it was when they arrived. They thanked me for choosing Sunrun and each one shook my hand before they left and asked if all the work was done to my complete satisfaction. . As a past contractor I could not have asked for a better crew. The rest of the Sunrun team Joe , Matt, Jose, Job well done . Oh, must apologize there was a Female rep. I have forgotten her name but I am sure the company will know she was involved with my install. She was very helpful. Took care to see if all was going well. Sorry for my lapse in memory. If you are considering solar this is the company to contact. I researched all the materials they use and they have the best on the present day market. Warranty,the best period...

Mike
November 24th, 2018 Villa Park, CA DETAILS

Not truthful bad experience salesman was making fakes statement

Nov 28, 2018

Hello Mike, thank you for your communication. We are sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction regarding the consultation with the sales rep. This is not the Sunrun norm, and we want to take the chance to clear up the situation. Please private message me your contact information and a Specialist will reach out to you.

Trent
November 24th, 2018 Yuba City, CA DETAILS

Terrible customer service. Can't speak on the whole company other than their prices are higher than everyone else but the rep that came and spoke to me was awful and ruined any chance they had to get me as a customer

Nov 28, 2018

Hello Trent, thank you for your communication. We understand billing issues can be incredibly frustrating. Sunrun offers some of the lowest rates in the industry. We are sorry to hear your experience, we will share this information with our sales team. If you would like to further discuss this please private message me your contact information.

Ken Szolosi
November 24th, 2018 DETAILS

Sales people are very knowledgeable. Project leader keeps customers updated throughout installation from start to finish.

Nov 28, 2018

Thank you Ken S. For taking the time to leave a review!

Trish Howell
November 24th, 2018 Concord, CA DETAILS

They never got back to me, my request was ignored.

Nov 28, 2018

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, Trish. We sincerely apologize for the lack of communication and service surrounding this matter. Please rest assure this is not how we do business and we'll work to turn this experience around. We've shared your experience with our leadership team.

lnahigian
November 27th, 2018 Murrieta, CA DETAILS

Sunrun replied to my earlier comment, and I am respinding. As stated, I wanted to read the contract, but was discouraged from doing so. The contract states it only covers about 80% of the average utilities that were being used, so we still ended up paying electrical bills. A big part of going solar was to save money, but an increase of 5% per year means that my solar payments will be more than double by the end of the contract, and it is a lease. That screws us because at the end of this horrible contract, we won't own the system, plus, by leasing the system, Sunrun collects the rebates. The practices during this process were shady at best. The people who gave Sunrun high marks clearly haven't read their contracts and are only reflecting on a smooth salesman. If this system allowed a 0 rating (or negative), I would do it. I've owned homes for 23 years, and my electrical costs have not increased at the rate this solar contract will increase. THIS IS COSTING ME MORE MONEY THAN I WOULD SPEND WITHOUT SOLAR. Not only will I never recommend Sunrun, but I will tell people to avoid Sunrun at all cost. They are a rip off. On a final note, this system is attached to our jointly owned home, so this contract should never have been completed with only my husband's signature, but Sunrun has found a way to circumvent this, too, which just adds to their deceptive practices. The customer service department was not at all helpful with resolving this.

Oct 16, 2018

Helloo Inahigian, thank you for your feedback. We apologize you were not reached out too, this is not the Sunrun norm. Your Sunrun rate is lower than that of your utility, that means you'd be paying even more for your current usage without solar now and in the long term of your solar lease. Our aim is to provide a customer experience that meets your expectations! This begins with our unwavering dedication to make sure the agreement transparent as well as our solar rates.

David Kiefer
November 16th, 2018 Chandler, AZ DETAILS

I am still trying to get Sunrun to get my system producing power as it should. During installation the foreman stated there was a problem and he would have to come back and sort it out. That was one and a half months ago. Since then the utility company signed off on the installation but the system is only producing about 25% of the power it should. One inverter won't come on at all and one is producing about half the power it should. It appears Sunrun is stretched too thin and we have not been able to get anyone out to look at the system after one month of complaining. We get a lot of calls from the salesman, project manager and installation coordinators but no one has actually showed up to fix the system.

Nov 17, 2018

gina Herbert
November 16th, 2018 Dallas, TX DETAILS

I started the process with this company and was told by my salesman Darren in June that my electrical panels would be done and the repairs regarding, also I would be given back my money regarding the switch fee for the power company. This has not happened. I was also told that I could contact customer service any time for help or questions. This is not accurate at all. Like I said my process started and June last month they finally finished the repairs last month. This only happened because I had to go to Costco and request that they contact sunrun. I called my sales man Darren from June until our last communication in August 9th. He didn't contact me again until I refused to have the panels installed. Before that when trying to reach sunrun after months of emails, calls and unanswered texts. I was contacted by someone named Jill who was the rudest person on the planet she in essence told me that I would not be refunded the the change fee at all. So I was lied to and in essence when they thought my sale was in the bag I was a viable Customer after I signed the contract I didn't matter. My biggest issue is what happens when the panels are installed who do I call. Because the 800 number doesn't work and neither does the emal.?

Nov 17, 2018

Thank you for your communication Gina. We are saddened to hear you've had this experience, and this is not the Sunrun norm. Our aim is to provide a customer experience that meets your expectations! This begins with our unwavering dedication to make sure your questions are addressed. Thank you for taking the time to leave this review.

Mohamed Attya
November 13th, 2018 Staten Island, NY DETAILS

Really It sucks. I got the project done on January 2018. It costs 33 K and it suppose to work for at least the next 25 years. All of a sudden it stopped on June 2018 ( less than 6 month of production) and it took another 3 months to be fixed. No one how many calls I did to get it fixed. It's November 13th and same problem again. The idea is great, the system if it works also great but I'm not sure if I should get it from another company NOT SUNRUN.

Nov 14, 2018

Hello Mohamed A. We apologize you were not reached out too, this is not the Sunrun norm. Please feel free to private message your contact information. We want to take the opportunity to turn this experience around.

Gilbert Olivares
November 8th, 2018 Webster, MA

I am in the process of getting a 10 plus kw system. My sales man is awesome and there are a lot of people involved in my lease agreement. I am concerned about all the negativity on this site. I haven't agreed to the final version yet. I narrowed my solar company's to two form four. Both are good company's. I really like my sales man.

Nov 08, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience with our salesman! We appreciate the positive feedback! Help us create a planet run by the sun.

John B Hedgepeth
November 6th, 2018 San Luis Obispo, CA DETAILS

I purchased a 3kW system from REC Solar, who had partnered with Sunrun before Sunrun purchased their residential solar part of company in 2014. The details appear on Sunrun's website: "Sunrun and Mainstream Energy Corp. today announced that Sunrun has acquired the residential division of REC Solar, AEE Solar and SnapNrack. The companies represent Mainstream Energy's residential solar sales, design and installation; wholesale distribution; and mounting systems and hardware businesses, respectively. In the commercial market, REC Solar will continue as an independent organization under the legal name REC Solar Commercial Corp. The value of the transaction was not disclosed." Shortly afterward my Fronius inverter failed. First it took me awhile to figure out that REC Solar was not the company I needed to deal with. Once I discovered that I needed to deal with Sunrun, it became a nightmare to find out how to contact them. Bizarrely I discovered that they had an office about 8 miles away from my house. Then they refused to honor the warranty until I produced a copy of my contract. Afterwards they replaced the inverter in a reasonable time period. This was the second replacement in ten years, the limit of REC Solar's warranty. So despite Sunrun's more beneficial warranty, I am stuck with replacing the inverter should it fail again. Overall, I was disappointed that Sunrun had very little documentation about REC Solar's customers, especially me. I think they drug their feet without adequate information. They offered me no additional services or perks like internet supervision or extended warranties. However they did honor their commitment after my showing them the original contract. Minus two stars!!!!

Nov 07, 2018

Hello John B. Thank you for your feedback. We understand your situation with Sunrun was different, and we appreciate your willingness to work with us through the process. Working to assist and address our customer's needs is what we strive. Feel free to reach out to us if have any questions or concerns.

Amy Anderson
October 30th, 2018 DETAILS

Excellent Salesman. Sun Run was the only company to reach out to me.

Oct 30, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave this wonderful review Amy! Let's create a planet run by the sun.

Keith Frost
November 8th, 2018 Belcamp, MD

great installation buy team foxtrot.all was done in 1 day and everything was cleaned up before they left.

Nov 08, 2018

Thank you so much Keith F. For taking the time to leave a review about your wonderful experience. We love to hear these fantastic stories! Let's create a planet run by the sun.

Chris
October 30th, 2018 Kailua, HI

I was pitched a prepaid lease that sounded pretty good. I was promised that Sunrun would replace the batteries at 10 years, that if I moved they would relocate the system to a new house at no charge, and because it was prepaid, I could get ownership of the system at no cost. All of which , after finally seeing the contract I found they were all lies. I asked no less than 15 times about these promises. If you're a sales rep, and someone questions you that much, I would think you would prove your word in writing. I can only assume he was being deliberately decietful. Too many reputable options out there to choose a company that exibits such low moral character.

Oct 30, 2018

Hello Chris. We apologize you were not reached out too, this is not the Sunrun norm. Please feel free to private message your contact information, or go to Sunrun.com there's a chat team online that can assist.

BERNARD J LaFIANZA
October 29th, 2018 Agoura Hills, CA DETAILS

Sunrun installers did extensive damage to my roof, requiring $15k in repairs. According to Sunrun, there repair warrantee is only for 5 years and my installation was about 7 years prior to leakage. Called 4 times and their representatives refused to even come out to inspect the damages. I would not recommend this firm.

Oct 30, 2018

Hello Bernard J. Our aim is to always provide great customer service that meets your needs, it's disheartening to hear this was not the case! We work hard to be human-centered and transparent with our customers. We will submit your feedback to our leadership team.

Brooke L Jarrett
October 25th, 2018 El Cajon, CA DETAILS

They were very professional. The project was finished in a very timely manner.

Oct 25, 2018

Thank you so much for sharing your great experience and this wonderful review! Let's create a planet run by the sun.

Barbara Okken
October 25th, 2018 Phoenix, AZ DETAILS

I was incredibly impressed with Sunrun through the entire process before "flipping the switch" to turn on solar power. It took 3 - 4 months from 1st sales contact to final turning on due in large part to lots of "red tape" with the local electrical supplying company. Sign-off email at completion of installation said to continue watching electrical use during high cost hours. I questioned why (by email), but never heard back. It took my first high electrical bill to sort out just how this whole process works. My last (4th) electric bill was the smallest - $54.00. I was told it would only be about $20 monthly for "connectivity". I have, also, since been told by a realtor that there will be problems for a buyer purchasing the home if there is still money owed on the contract. I will be 95 at the end of this! I've since had an issue with some work that a subcontractor did and have had a lengthy process trying to get the issue resolved. The case was finally turned over to someone who would review and get back to me. 10 days later she hasn't called and has not returned 2 phone calls. Do thorough research before investing in any solar. Don't be fooled by "there's absolutely no money out of your pocket".

Oct 25, 2018

Thank you for reaching out. We are so sorry to hear this was your experience. We will share your feedback with our leadership team.