Best Company Guarantee SunPro Logo

SunPro

9.2

Sunpro Solar provides affordable solar energy and battery storage solutions to homeowners nationwide. Optimal savings and energy independence are at the core of Sunpro’s solar solutions for homeowners. The solar company was named the fifth largest residential solar installer in the U.S. by Solar Power World magazine in July 2020. An Inc. 500 company, Sunpro Solar continues to expand as the demand for home solar in the United States increases. Sunpro Solar has headquarters in Louisiana and currently operates in 16 states.

The Good

• Professional Installation
  • High Quality Solar Equipment
  • Industry-Leading Warranties
  • Professional Roofing
  • Award Recognition

Professional Installation

Sunpro Solar will send a Solar Energy Specialist to your home to evaluate your energy needs and answer any questions you have about solar power. A Sunpro Specialist will also be able to tell you about any incentive programs in your area to increase the affordability of making the switch to solar. The entire installation process is handled by Sunpro so you won’t have to worry about dealing with subcontractors or outside parties.

High Quality Solar Equipment

Sunpro implements top-performing technology behind its solar panels and home solar installations. By using only the best brands in solar technology and hiring and training locals for renewable energy jobs, Sunpro is able to provide residents with affordable solar energy systems, battery backup and energy efficiency upgrades:

Enphase Solar Inverters

Sunpro only uses Enphase microinverters because they carry some of the highest warranties in the industry (25 years), undergo rigorous testing, and have the same lifespan as top solar panels. Research also shows that Enphase microinverters produce more energy than other technologies, which means more savings for Sunpro Solar customers over the lifespan of their solar PV system.

Tesla Powerwall

The Tesla Powerwall is widely considered an industry leader in solar backup battery technology. As a Tesla Partner, Sunpro installs the Tesla Powerwall 2, which comes with a 10-year warranty, detects grid outages in just a fraction of a second, and brings power back to your home 100x faster than traditional generators.

LG Solar Panels

LG is a leading provider of high-efficiency solar modules to the U.S. commercial and residential markets.  Sunpro Solar only offers homeowners the industry’s top LG solar products. LG solar panels come with a 25-year performance and labor warranty.

Industry-Leading Warranties

Whether through the manufacturer or through its own priorprietary policies, Sunpro offers some of the best warranties in the solar industry. The company only uses products and technologies that have the strongest warranties and guarantees, resulting in systems that are designed to last for decades. In addition to its 100 percent satisfaction guarantee, Sunpro Solar offers the following benefits with every installation:

• 25-Year Labor Warranty
  • 25-Year Production Guarantee
  • 25-Year Solar Panel Manufacturer Warranty
  • 25-Year Enphase Microinverter Warranty
  • Free Home Energy Audit

Professional Roofing

Sunpro Solar employs an in-house roofing company to address any concerns regarding roof damage, a unique value proposition in the solar industry. Sunpro Solar’s roofing company, Buildpro, installs quality, affordable roofing and works to ensure that every step of installation protects the roof on which the solar panels are placed.

With the help of Buildpro, Sunpro Solar further protects customers' warranty and against damage. The companies use only trusted and high-performing shingle brands such as Owens Corning, CertainTeed, and IKO. A solar company with roofing experience like Sunpro can address all of the issues above whereas a solar company without roofing experience could mean more risk of damage to your roof.

Award Recognition

The solar industry and business circles alike have identified Sunpro Solar as a major player in the industry:

• In August of 2020, Sunpro Solar was ranked by Inc. Magazine number 372 on its annual Inc. 5000 list (the most prestigious ranking of the nation's fastest-growing private companies).
  • Sunpro Solar was named the fifth largest residential solar install in the United States by Solar Power World magazine in July of 2020.
  • Sunpro Solar has been named to the annual Vet100 list which acknowledges the nation’s fastest growing veteran-owned businesses and entrepreneurs.

The Bad

No Leases or PPAs

Sunpro gives customers the option to purchase a solar energy system outright or finance with a loan. However, the company does not offer solar leases or power purchase agreements.

The Bottom Line

If you live within the area that Sunpro services, we suggest you check out this solar company. The company’s installations are backed by industry-leading warranties and product partners who manufacture only the highest quality solar panels, microinverters, solar batteries and software in their respective categories. With business publications and industry experts recognizing the company’s rapid growth, Sunpro Solar continues to demonstrate its commitment to customer service as it expands. However, when it comes to financing, the only options are to buy or loan. Sunpro does not offer solar leases or PPAs.

Call our recommended rep over at SunPro below.

bestcompany guarantee

Learn More

Joseph Paradis Alamogordo, NM

Took longer then expected. Everything else was very good

Antonio Martinez La Villa, TX

There needs to be some improvement in customer care at the main office

Bill Schuh Worden, IL

They use high quality components in their systems.

Charles Edgell Albuquerque, NM

Took a while to get finished and running

Michael Holmberg Las Cruces, NM

Good customer service, but could be better.

Linz Washington, MO

Great product & install crew. Inconsistent customer service managers during the project

William Fort Pierce, FL

It's a good company and it is working good but their bookkeeping department is behind.

Reply from SunPro

Hi William, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am very glad to hear you are pleased overall with your experience. Please do not hesitate to reach out to myself or any of the Sunpro team as we are all happy to help! Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Jimmy Twin City, GA

It's been good so far. There have been no negative. They did a good job. Everything looks and neat.

Reply from SunPro

Hi Jimmy, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am very glad to hear you are pleased with you experience. Please do not hesitate to reach out to myself or any of the Sunpro team as we are all happy to help! Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Aaron Tyrone, NM

The timeline was off and a lot of that was out of the control of the company but they have been very responsive and get back to me quickly. Even if the timelines didn’t match up, they have delivered everything they promised.

Reply from SunPro

Hi , Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am very glad to hear you are pleased with you experience but apologize we were off on our timelines. Please do not hesitate to reach out to myself or any of the Sunpro team as we are all happy to help! Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Omega Port Arthur, TX

Proven track record and experience in the business. They use the best equipment with the tesla battery and if I have an issues, I call them and they look into it pretty fast and everything gets resolved.

Reply from SunPro

Hi Omega, Thank you for taking the time to leave a great review. I am very glad to hear you are pleased with you experience. Please do not hesitate to reach out to myself or any of the Sunpro team as we are all happy to help! Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

John Montverde, FL

Administration is poor because they wouldn’t schedule things in a timely manner but the sales force and installers are very trustworthy and hardworking.

Reply from SunPro

Hi John, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am sorry to hear you had difficulty with timely scheduling but I am glad that the installers and salesmen helped to turn your experience around. Please do not hesitate to reach out to myself or any of the Sunpro team as we are all happy to help! Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Carlos Panama City, FL

Good, honest people. It took a while to get started but it looks pretty impressive.

Reply from SunPro

Hi Carlos, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am very glad to hear you are pleased with you experience. Please do not hesitate to reach out to myself or any of the Sunpro team as we are all happy to help! Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Dan Edinburg, TX

I liked the presentation by the person who sold it to me. However, communication was limited after the system was installed.

Reply from SunPro

Hi Dan, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am very glad to hear you are pleased with your sales experience. Sorry to hear about the communication following! We are constantly working to improve and appreciate this kind of feedback. Please do not hesitate to reach out to myself or any of the Sunpro team as we are all happy to help! Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Scott Panama City, FL

A friend of mine had a pleasant experience so I tried them to and they could have better communication but installation was super awesome. The crew was clean and kind and respectful.

Reply from SunPro

Hi Scott, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am very glad to hear you are pleased with your install experience. Please do not hesitate to reach out to myself or any of the Sunpro team as we are all happy to help! Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Alfonso El Paso, TX

Installation went perfectly and the equipment is good but they lack a little in communication and it is expensive.

Reply from SunPro

Hi Alfonso, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am very glad to hear you are pleased overall with your experience. Please do not hesitate to reach out to myself or any of the Sunpro team as we are all happy to help! Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Anonymous Chidester, AR

Right now we are beginning to see the results and enjoying them so I think we made a wise decision. It is very professional work.

Reply from SunPro

Hi there, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am very glad to hear you are pleased with your experience. Please do not hesitate to reach out to myself or any of the Sunpro team as we are all happy to help! Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Alex Rison, AR

Generally speaking I have been pleased the whole experience. I do wish they explained how it works better on the front end. They explained how it works but not how we could tell what the solar panels were producing and what we were exporting from the grid.

Reply from SunPro

Hello Alex, Thank you for the review! I am sorry to hear things weren't fully explained upfront. We are always working to improve and greatly appreciate your feedback. If you continue to have questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to myself or any of the Sunpro team and we will be happy to help you. Thanks so much for choosing Sunpro as your solar provider! Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

William Little Rock, AR

When I call, I always get a recording. I don’t have a lot of problems except when it is covered with snow. My salesman really helped me and the guys that installed were really quick but I was not impressed with how the electrician mounted it. It is sloppy.

Reply from SunPro

Hello William, Thank you for the review. I am glad to hear you don't have a ton of problems! If there is anything I can do to help with your experience please don't hesitate to reach out to me. Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Tyler Alachua, FL

My sales rep went above and beyond. He reached out and really helped me. Installation was quite good. It works.

Reply from SunPro

Hi Tyler, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am very glad to hear you are pleased with your experience. Please do not hesitate to reach out to myself or any of the Sunpro team as we are all happy to help! Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Dutch Loris, SC

We’ve been having some problems with one of our panels and it took a while to get someone out here. The equipment is great though.

Reply from SunPro

Hi Dutch, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am sorry to hear you had an issue with 1 panel but I am glad to hear we got it fixed for you. Please do not hesitate to reach out to myself or any of the Sunpro team as we are all happy to help! Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Barbara Ponce De Leon, FL

On the phone when you need them they are very nice. I have not had much trouble but I know they are there if I do. It is a good company.

Reply from SunPro

Hi Barbara, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am very glad to hear you are pleased with you experience. Please do not hesitate to reach out to myself or any of the Sunpro team as we are all happy to help! Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Aaron Saint Peters, MO

Installers did a good job and cleaned up after themselves. It went pretty fast. They seem like they have a good plan.

Reply from SunPro

Hi Aaron, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am very glad to hear you are pleased with you experience. Please do not hesitate to reach out to myself or any of the Sunpro team as we are all happy to help! Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Dan Melbourne, FL

Everything installed and setup without much work on my part.

Reply from SunPro

Hi Dan, Thanks for the great feedback. Happy solar! Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Mar. 8th, 2021

JESSICA CORLEY-RIEVES Teague, TX

easy communication with most departments

Reply from SunPro

Hello Jessica, Thank you for the great review. Thank you for choosing Sunpro as your solar provider. Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Michael Lynn Giles Texarkana, AR

They did the job when they said they would and for the price that was quoted.

Reply from SunPro

Hi Michael, Thank you for the great review. If there is anything I can do to help turn this in to a 5 star experience, please do not hesitate to let me know what I can do. Thanks! Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Carolyn R. Church Lexington, SC

Having trouble with app. Can’t get into My thermostats control .

Reply from SunPro

Hello Carolyn, I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with the app. Please send me an email explaining the situation and either myself or one of my team mates will reach out to further assist you! Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

james wallace Hot Springs National Park, AR

The electric bill has decreased with the short winter daylight sun exposer. It is really to soon to fully evaluate the system.

Reply from SunPro

Hello James, As the days get longer and longer, you will really see your production pick up. We are almost to those "solar harvest" months! Thanks for the review. Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Eric Metzler Datil, NM

Solid, professional installation. Only minor issues with the product. Installation and setup took a while partly due to remote location.

Reply from SunPro

Hi Eric, Thank you for the review! I am glad to hear you are happy with the installation. If there is anything I can do at this point to help turn your experience into 5 stars, please just send me an email with the details and I will be happy to work on that for you! Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Rob Nussbaum Round Rock, TX

Good communication, solid installers/project experience. They were prompt & did what they said they would, answered all our questions quickly & to our satisfaction

Reply from SunPro

Hello Rob, Thanks for the great review. I am glad to hear you are pleased with your experience so far. If there is anything I can do to help turn this into a 5 star experience please don't hesitate to let me know what I can do! Thank you for choosing Sunpro to help power your home with the sun. Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Tricha Clay Aubrey, TX

Communication could still use some fine tuning.

Reply from SunPro

Hi Tricha, Thanks for the review. I am sorry to hear we had a few issues with communication. We are always working to improve our craft and this feedback is exactly what we need in order to continue to improve. If there is anything I can do to help turn your experience into 5 stars, please just let me know! Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Eduardo Gonzalez Mission, TX

A little slow in completing steps to final installation and connection.

Reply from SunPro

Hi Eduardo, Sorry to hear things went a little longer than expected. Please send me an email and let me know if there is anything else I can do to help turn this into a 5 star experience. I am here and happy to help in any way that I can. Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Feb. 14th, 2021

Ashanti Xcooper ,

I wanted more from SunPro. I need batteries for future projects and power usage it didn't get on my installation. My manager is Emily she is awesome. The installation was long but worth it. Emily was quick to respond to my calls, questions and concerns. I was I could a 4¾ rating.

Reply from SunPro

Hello Ashanti, Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback about your recent experience. I am very glad to hear you had a wonderful time working with Emily. I will pass your feedback on to ensure she gets the credit she deserves! If you ever need any assistance please do not hesitate to reach out to Emily, myself or any of the Sunpro team. Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Feb. 8th, 2021

Shana Davis Carbon, TX

Did what they said in timely manner. Did not bring daylight bulbs as promised sent soft white, we don’t use those.

Reply from SunPro

Hello Shana, Thank you for the feedback. I am glad to hear that we were timely and am sorry to hear about the light bulbs! If there is ever anything I can do to further assist you, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly and I will be happy to help. Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Feb. 3rd, 2021

Ruth Koch Brownsville, TX

They always responded to any question, and took care of any proplems.

Reply from SunPro

Hello Ruth, Thank you for the great review. I am glad to hear the team has been there to take great care of you! If there is ever anything we can do to further assist with your experience, please just give us a call! Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Les Apedoe Arlington, TX

Very professional, great customer service and good rates on mortgages

Reply from SunPro

Hi Les, Thanks for the great review. Myself and the entire Sunpro team are here if you ever need us. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to turn this from a 4 to a 5 star experience! Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Glenn Bugay Tulsa, OK

From sales to install, we are very pleased the process. The only ding for them is minor, and is most likely just my bar being a bit unrealistic. I expected more communication on the details of installation and how the process with the utilities worked..

Reply from SunPro

Hi Glenn, Thanks for the review. Sorry to hear we dropped the ball on communication. It is definitely a pretty in depth process and while we try to take care of everything for our customers I know that it is very important for our customers to be aware of what is taking place. We continue to work to improve and it is feedback like this that allows that to happen. If there is anything I can do at this point to help turn your experience into 5 stars, please just let me know! Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Jay Robison Mount Pleasant, SC

Provide one person liason contact. They take care of all permits and approvals needed. After instillation monitoringnis provided- though we are having a delay in getting a followup service call

Reply from SunPro

Hello Jay, Thank you for the review. Sorry that we had the delay on returning your call. We are here if you ever need us and in the future you are more than welcome to reach out to me directly. I am happy to help you! I am very glad you chose Sunpro to help power your home with sunshine. Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Robert Beaumont, TX

I was pleasantly surprised with the workmanship and overall neatness of the installation. I like the quality of the products. I have never been able to get a representative to help me to download the app on my phone or computer so that I can do real time monitoring which was one of the reasons I bought the system.

Reply from SunPro

Hello Robert, If this is still a lingering issue, please send me an email! I will ensure we get this app issue resolved. I want to ensure you have access to seeing how your system is doing. I will make sure this issue is resolved right away for you! Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Louisa Pensacola, FL

SunPro appears to be the top of the line, newest technology. We’re very pleased with the company and happy to recommend it to other people. We feel very confident with them. From the beginning the presentation was much more professional and clear than other companies. They have been respectful of our property.

Reply from SunPro

Hello Louisa, Thanks for the great review. Myself and the entire Sunpro team are here if you ever need us. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to turn this from a 4 to a 5 star experience! Thank you for choosing Sunpro to help power your home with the sun and save some money on your electric cost! Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Troy Red Oak, TX

They had all the equipment to make the installation work the first time they came so there weren’t any issues.

Reply from SunPro

Hi Troy, Thanks for the great review. Myself and the entire Sunpro team are here if you ever need us. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to turn this from a 4 to a 5 star experience! Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Leroy San Antonio, TX

It is functioning alright. It’s not faulty. It adds value.

Reply from SunPro

Hi Leroy, Thanks for the great review. Myself and the entire Sunpro team are here if you ever need us. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to turn this from a 4 to a 5 star experience! Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

A. McAllen, TX

They installed it and I use a monthly payment. You continue to pay more or less what you were paying yearly. They told me everything in the beginning.

Reply from SunPro

Hello A. Thanks for the great review. Myself and the entire Sunpro team are here if you ever need us. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to turn this from a 4 to a 5 star experience! Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Ezra Monroe, GA

Their customer support is great. Installation went smooth. The equipment looks great. I can tell it is good equipment but I haven’t gotten the information about the app to track it.

Reply from SunPro

Hello Ezra, If you are still needing info on the app, please send me an email! I will make sure we get that to you right away. Sorry for the delay in sharing that with you. I am glad to hear everything else has gone very well. Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Aubrey Panama City, FL

They installed it very rapidly. It was excellently done.

Reply from SunPro

Hello Aubrey, Thank you for the great 5 star review! I am very happy to hear you have had a wonderful experience with Sunpro. I am so glad you chose us to help you power your home with the sun and save some money on your electric bill. If you ever need any assistance throughout your solar journey, please do not hesitate to reach out to myself or any of the Sunpro team! Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Jan. 29th, 2021

David Venice, FL

It's a good value with the twenty five year warranty. I was very impressed that the CEO called me a couple of times. Customer support always answers my call and deal with the issue.

Reply from SunPro

Hi David, Thanks for the great review. Marc Jones, Myself and the entire Sunpro team are here if you ever need us. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to turn this from a 4 to a 5 star experience! I am happy to help. Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Todd Missouri City, TX

We had a good experience with our sales rep but the installation was chaotic and spread over a multi month effort. It took longer than expected but the equipment is top of the line.

Reply from SunPro

Hi Todd, Sorry to hear things took longer than anticipated as I know that can be frustrating. I am glad that we were finally able to get things to the finish line! If there is anything I can do at this point to help, please do not hesitate to let me know! Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Julie Baker, FL

It's been going good except they should have filled in the ditch a little better and I am have to fight with them to get a check for the nine months of payment. They were the only company with ground mounts and they have a good warranty.

Reply from SunPro

Hi Julie, Thank you for the review. Sorry to hear about the ditch. Glad to hear things have been going good. Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

John Iola, TX

Overall it is good. I am satisfied with the work the installers did except for one thing that took a while to fix. It is working fine now that it is all straightened out. Customer service could use some improvement. There was some confusion.

Reply from SunPro

Hello John, Thank you for the review. I am glad to hear things are good overall! I am confident our team will continue to improve and you will get happier and happier throughout your solar journey. If you ever need any additional assistance, I am here and happy to help you out! Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Terry Conway, AR

Installation went quick. The guys were very professional. They knew what they were doing and did a great job. I have had a major issue since it was installed. They came and tried to work on it we’ll see if it works. It took a while for them to come out.

Reply from SunPro

Hi Terry, Thanks for the review. Sorry to hear you have had an issue! It sounds like our team is already working to help you but if you end up needing any additional assistance, please do not hesitate to loop me in! Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Newell Mont Belvieu, TX

There was a little problem with a leak but they took care of it very promptly. The couple of times I’ve contacted customer service, they contacted me right back and took care of the problem. The installers were very quick. They were in and out and cleaned up.

Reply from SunPro

Hello Newell, Thank you for the great review! I am very happy to hear you have had a wonderful experience with Sunpro. I am so glad you chose us to help you power your home with the sun and save some money on your electric bill. If you ever need any assistance throughout your solar journey, please do not hesitate to reach out to myself or any of the Sunpro team! Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Jan. 29th, 2021