Best Company Guarantee SunPro Logo

SunPro

9.2

Sunpro Solar provides affordable solar energy and battery storage solutions to homeowners nationwide. Optimal savings and energy independence are at the core of Sunpro’s solar solutions for homeowners. The solar company was named the fifth largest residential solar installer in the U.S. by Solar Power World magazine in July 2020. An Inc. 500 company, Sunpro Solar continues to expand as the demand for home solar in the United States increases. Sunpro Solar has headquarters in Louisiana and currently operates in 16 states.

The Good

• Professional Installation
  • High Quality Solar Equipment
  • Industry-Leading Warranties
  • Professional Roofing
  • Award Recognition

Professional Installation

Sunpro Solar will send a Solar Energy Specialist to your home to evaluate your energy needs and answer any questions you have about solar power. A Sunpro Specialist will also be able to tell you about any incentive programs in your area to increase the affordability of making the switch to solar. The entire installation process is handled by Sunpro so you won’t have to worry about dealing with subcontractors or outside parties.

High Quality Solar Equipment

Sunpro implements top-performing technology behind its solar panels and home solar installations. By using only the best brands in solar technology and hiring and training locals for renewable energy jobs, Sunpro is able to provide residents with affordable solar energy systems, battery backup and energy efficiency upgrades:

Enphase Solar Inverters

Sunpro only uses Enphase microinverters because they carry some of the highest warranties in the industry (25 years), undergo rigorous testing, and have the same lifespan as top solar panels. Research also shows that Enphase microinverters produce more energy than other technologies, which means more savings for Sunpro Solar customers over the lifespan of their solar PV system.

Tesla Powerwall

The Tesla Powerwall is widely considered an industry leader in solar backup battery technology. As a Tesla Partner, Sunpro installs the Tesla Powerwall 2, which comes with a 10-year warranty, detects grid outages in just a fraction of a second, and brings power back to your home 100x faster than traditional generators.

LG Solar Panels

LG is a leading provider of high-efficiency solar modules to the U.S. commercial and residential markets.  Sunpro Solar only offers homeowners the industry’s top LG solar products. LG solar panels come with a 25-year performance and labor warranty.

Industry-Leading Warranties

Whether through the manufacturer or through its own priorprietary policies, Sunpro offers some of the best warranties in the solar industry. The company only uses products and technologies that have the strongest warranties and guarantees, resulting in systems that are designed to last for decades. In addition to its 100 percent satisfaction guarantee, Sunpro Solar offers the following benefits with every installation:

• 25-Year Labor Warranty
  • 25-Year Production Guarantee
  • 25-Year Solar Panel Manufacturer Warranty
  • 25-Year Enphase Microinverter Warranty
  • Free Home Energy Audit

Professional Roofing

Sunpro Solar employs an in-house roofing company to address any concerns regarding roof damage, a unique value proposition in the solar industry. Sunpro Solar’s roofing company, Buildpro, installs quality, affordable roofing and works to ensure that every step of installation protects the roof on which the solar panels are placed.

With the help of Buildpro, Sunpro Solar further protects customers' warranty and against damage. The companies use only trusted and high-performing shingle brands such as Owens Corning, CertainTeed, and IKO. A solar company with roofing experience like Sunpro can address all of the issues above whereas a solar company without roofing experience could mean more risk of damage to your roof.

Award Recognition

The solar industry and business circles alike have identified Sunpro Solar as a major player in the industry:

• In August of 2020, Sunpro Solar was ranked by Inc. Magazine number 372 on its annual Inc. 5000 list (the most prestigious ranking of the nation's fastest-growing private companies).
  • Sunpro Solar was named the fifth largest residential solar install in the United States by Solar Power World magazine in July of 2020.
  • Sunpro Solar has been named to the annual Vet100 list which acknowledges the nation’s fastest growing veteran-owned businesses and entrepreneurs.

The Bad

No Leases or PPAs

Sunpro gives customers the option to purchase a solar energy system outright or finance with a loan. However, the company does not offer solar leases or power purchase agreements.

The Bottom Line

If you live within the area that Sunpro services, we suggest you check out this solar company. The company’s installations are backed by industry-leading warranties and product partners who manufacture only the highest quality solar panels, microinverters, solar batteries and software in their respective categories. With business publications and industry experts recognizing the company’s rapid growth, Sunpro Solar continues to demonstrate its commitment to customer service as it expands. However, when it comes to financing, the only options are to buy or loan. Sunpro does not offer solar leases or PPAs.

Call our recommended rep over at SunPro below.

bestcompany guarantee

Learn More

Levi Carroll Crestview, FL

Still waiting on the $1,000.00 deposit to Gulf Power for transition period and waiting on reimbursement for paying when panels were not on.

Sandra Stern Humble, TX

Pre-sale was great. Post sale communication has been very poor.

Gerald Dunedin, FL

I’ve got two issues that I’ve been trying to get follow through on and I can’t get anybody to follow through on it. They were right on time with the installation but there has been no follow up since.

Reply from SunPro

Hi Gerald, We absolutely want to help get these issues resolved and I will ensure that we will follow up on them to resolution. Please send me an email with the details and I will help work you get a resolution in place. Please include your property email address in your email so I can locate your file! Thanks. Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Milton Saint Louis, MO

My electric bills is actually higher than it was before. There is a lack of communication. When I’ve called to get assistance they don’t contact me back.

Reply from SunPro

Hello Milton, I am sorry to hear you have had a rough experience. If there is anything I can do to help turn things around for you, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly! We really care about our customers experience and will work hard to make everything right for you. Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Eli Tularosa, NM

They have open communication and top notch equipment. The process has been very quick and professional.

Reply from SunPro

Hi Eli, Thanks for the review. Looks like you have been pleased with your experience so far. If there is anything I can do to turn this into 5 stars, please do not hesitate to let me know! I am here and happy to help you out. Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Paul Dunagan Marathon, TX

Slow in installation of system from sales to project completion 5 months

Reply from SunPro

Hello Paul, I am sorry to hear the installation took longer than expected to complete! Now that your project is wrapped up, we are hopeful that the savings and results will make it all worth it. Please do not hesitate to reach out to myself or any of the Sunpro team if there is ever anything we can do to help with your experience. Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Feb. 22nd, 2021

David Dees Geronimo, OK

Great company, Ruben D. went out of his way to handle any issues that came. Great install, great service after the sale.

Reply from SunPro

Hello David, I am sorry to hear that the payment has yet to arrive! I have our team looking into this for you right away and expect to get an update to you very soon. Sorry for the delay. Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Feb. 16th, 2021

David Fedor Mena, AR

the technicians are great. the office staff not so 3.

Reply from SunPro

Hi David, I am glad to hear you had a very positive experience with our technicians but I am sorry to hear that you had a less than stellar experience with our office staff! If there is anything I can do to help turn your experience around, please do not hesitate to let me know what I can do to help! Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Feb. 14th, 2021

Tiffany Cannon Conway, AR

The communication can be a lot better. If you say you will return customers call you should do that

Reply from SunPro

Hello Tiffany, I am glad to hear that the ball was dropped when it comes to communication. Please reach out to me directly and let me know if there is anything I can do to help turn your experience around. My contact info is in my email signature below. We are glad you chose Sunpro and really want to make you happy with your decision as well! Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Feb. 14th, 2021

Anonymous Madison, FL

They did a fantastic job with installation. They need a better support team though because some of them are not qualified and don't know what they're trying to sell.

Reply from SunPro

Hi There, I am glad to hear you had a great experience with the installation. The Sunpro team always works to provide a high quality install and leave our customers homes in better shape than we found them. If you are open to sharing the rest of your concerns with me, I would love to learn more. We are always working to improve as we work to deliver the best customer experience in the industry. Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Jessica Kingsland, AR

Before I signed up with SunPro, they provided me with great numbers and information. They are terrible at getting back to you in customer service, but the installation was great. Everyone was super nice and gave me all the information I needed and they finished in one day. We haven't had any problems with the panels.

Reply from SunPro

Hello Jessica, Thank you for the review. We are glad to hear the panels are working and producing well for you but we are sorry to hear you had problems surrounding the communication from our customer service team. We know that communication is extremely important and we continue to work to improve. If there is anything I can do to help turn your experience into 5 stars, I hope you will let me know. We are here and committed to your solar experience. Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Jeremy Colcord, OK

They had to come back three separate times because they kept messing up the engineering for the solar panels. I ended having to build a structure to put them on.

Reply from SunPro

Hi Jeremy, Thanks for the feedback. We are sorry it took a few visits for us to get a clear game-plan in place to get your solar project in action. Please do not hesitate to let me know if there is anything I can do to help turn your experience into 5 stars. We are here and committed to your solar journey! Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Michael Altha, FL

My roof has been leaking for over a month and I have complained about it the whole time. Everything else is fine. It is saving me money in power but I would like them to fix the leaks.

Reply from SunPro

Hi Michael, I am very sorry to hear about your roof. I would love to help get this evaluated for you right away. Will you please send an email to me at my contact info listed below so I can work with our team to get this addressed? Please let me know if there is anything else we can do to help turn your experience into 5 stars. Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Paul Levelland, TX

Equipment is good and the salesman did a real good job explaining everything to me. Installation was going good until a gentleman fell through the ceiling. It took forty days to get it all that repaired.

Reply from SunPro

Hi Paul, We are very sorry that there was an issue during the installation. If there is anything we can do at this point to help turn your experience into 5 stars, please do not hesitate to let us know what we can do to help. We are committed to your experience and are very glad you chose us as your solar provider. Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Sarah Sellers

Had less than a year & 8 of my panels are out due to some software glitch. They say it will be fixed in a software rollout in the next few weeks, but they have already been out for several weeks & still aren't fixed. I was going to wait & see if they released the update to correct the solar panels before rating them, but since I keep getting the notices to rate them & they are not fixed yet, I provided a rating based on the current situation.

Lydia

We've had problems with our end face system. They came out to change the motherboard, but we haven't gotten our credits back from the time it wasn't connected to the server. We also had some problems with the inverters not connecting to the system. The installation was smooth and it was probably one of the best experiences I've had with contractors coming to my house. We haven't gotten confirmation of how much energy was produced on the bill yet. This company is very forthcoming. Sometimes, it's hard to get a hold of someone when you call, but whenever you get someone they are very helpful and give us lots of information.

Rosa

The service person was very professional. The installation process was pretty good and easy. They did all the work super quick. Everything was great. I have no complaints other than I get a different representative every time I call.

Gary Smart Dunnellon, FL

I like the solar roof mount system that you use. I dislike the confusing cost proposals that SunPro uses to try and get customers to buy into there product.