Best Company Guarantee SunPro Logo

SunPro

8.9

LAST UPDATED: October 18th, 2021

Sunpro Solar provides affordable solar energy and battery storage solutions to homeowners nationwide. Optimal savings and energy independence are at the core of Sunpro’s solar solutions for homeowners. The solar company was named the fifth largest residential solar installer in the U.S. by Solar Power World magazine in July 2020. An Inc. 500 company, Sunpro Solar continues to expand as the demand for home solar in the United States increases. Sunpro Solar has headquarters in Louisiana and currently operates in 18 states:

• Arizona
  • South Carolina
  • Tennessee
  • Texas
  • Virginia

The Good

• Professional Installation
  • High Quality Solar Equipment
  • Industry-Leading Warranties
  • Professional Roofing
  • Award Recognition

Professional Installation

Sunpro Solar will send a Solar Energy Specialist to your home to evaluate your energy needs and answer any questions you have about solar power. A Sunpro Specialist will also be able to tell you about any incentive programs in your area to increase the affordability of making the switch to solar. The entire installation process is handled by Sunpro so you won’t have to worry about dealing with subcontractors or outside parties.

High Quality Solar Equipment

Sunpro implements top-performing technology behind its solar panels and home solar installations. By using only the best brands in solar technology and hiring and training locals for renewable energy jobs, Sunpro is able to provide residents with affordable solar energy systems, battery backup and energy efficiency upgrades:

Enphase Solar Inverters

Sunpro only uses Enphase microinverters because they carry some of the highest warranties in the industry (25 years), undergo rigorous testing, and have the same lifespan as top solar panels. Research also shows that Enphase microinverters produce more energy than other technologies, which means more savings for Sunpro Solar customers over the lifespan of their solar PV system.

Tesla Powerwall

The Tesla Powerwall is widely considered an industry leader in solar backup battery technology. As a Tesla Partner, Sunpro installs the Tesla Powerwall 2, which comes with a 10-year warranty, detects grid outages in just a fraction of a second, and brings power back to your home 100x faster than traditional generators.

LG Solar Panels

LG is a leading provider of high-efficiency solar modules to the U.S. commercial and residential markets.  Sunpro Solar only offers homeowners the industry’s top LG solar products. LG solar panels come with a 25-year performance and labor warranty.

Industry-Leading Warranties

Whether through the manufacturer or through its own priorprietary policies, Sunpro offers some of the best warranties in the solar industry. The company only uses products and technologies that have the strongest warranties and guarantees, resulting in systems that are designed to last for decades. In addition to its 100 percent satisfaction guarantee, Sunpro Solar offers the following benefits with every installation:

• 25-Year Labor Warranty
  • 25-Year Production Guarantee
  • 25-Year Solar Panel Manufacturer Warranty
  • 25-Year Enphase Microinverter Warranty
  • Free Home Energy Audit

Professional Roofing

Sunpro Solar employs an in-house roofing company to address any concerns regarding roof damage, a unique value proposition in the solar industry. Sunpro Solar’s roofing company, Buildpro, installs quality, affordable roofing and works to ensure that every step of installation protects the roof on which the solar panels are placed.

With the help of Buildpro, Sunpro Solar further protects customers' warranty and against damage. The companies use only trusted and high-performing shingle brands such as Owens Corning, CertainTeed, and IKO. A solar company with roofing experience like Sunpro can address all of the issues above whereas a solar company without roofing experience could mean more risk of damage to your roof.

Award Recognition

The solar industry and business circles alike have identified Sunpro Solar as a major player in the industry:

• In August of 2020, Sunpro Solar was ranked by Inc. Magazine number 372 on its annual Inc. 5000 list (the most prestigious ranking of the nation's fastest-growing private companies).
  • Sunpro Solar was named the fifth largest residential solar install in the United States by Solar Power World magazine in July of 2020.
  • Sunpro Solar has been named to the annual Vet100 list which acknowledges the nation’s fastest growing veteran-owned businesses and entrepreneurs.

The Bad

No Leases or PPAs

Sunpro gives customers the option to purchase a solar energy system outright or finance with a loan. However, the company does not offer solar leases or power purchase agreements.

The Bottom Line

If you live within the area that Sunpro services, we suggest you check out this solar company. The company’s installations are backed by industry-leading warranties and product partners who manufacture only the highest quality solar panels, microinverters, solar batteries and software in their respective categories. With business publications and industry experts recognizing the company’s rapid growth, Sunpro Solar continues to demonstrate its commitment to customer service as it expands. However, when it comes to financing, the only options are to buy or loan. Sunpro does not offer solar leases or PPAs.

Call our recommended rep over at SunPro below.

bestcompany guarantee

Learn More

Brendon Bergman Oklahoma City, OK

The follow up and install teams were great. It is clear that we were lied to in order to get a sale. They even tried to charge us more for the panels, and had to rewrite our contract because management discovered that numbers were fudged.

Reply from SunPro

Hello Brendon, I am sorry to hear about this experience and would love to learn more about this. If you would not mind reaching out to me directly I would love to do anything I can to help turn your experience around. Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback. Blake Hazelrigg Director of Client Advocacy [email protected]

Billy Bowden Buffalo, TX

Well I like the idea of going green. I just hope that I didn’t jump the gun on this. I was really wanting the Tesla battery for the price. Nobody told me that during the daytime, i can’t get phone signal. Which is very important, because I run a business. Nobody told me that during the daytime i can’t watch TV. I was just using antenna, which was free. Now I will have to pay for satellite.

Reply from SunPro

Hello Billy, I would love to help you out. Will you please send me an email with your concerns and also include your property address so I can locate your account? I want to make sure and get this all addressed for you. Thanks! Blake Hazelrigg Director of Client Advocacy [email protected]

Mark Ferris Abilene, TX

System isn't being able to be monitored and can't get anyone to return calls or messages so people in Texas are s.o.l. Cause their in Louisiana from what I'm told

Reply from SunPro

Hi Mark, I am sorry to hear you are having problems. I would love to help you out. Will you please send me an email with your property address and the problems you're experiencing so I can look up your account and ensure our service team helps get this resolved for you? Thanks! Blake Hazelrigg Director of Client Advocacy [email protected]

Ronald Monroe Palm Coast, FL

At first the customer service was great then my account manager Franklyn wouldn't return my calls When I had questions about my system even though he assured me I could call him at anytime with any questions

Reply from SunPro

Hello Ronald, I am very sorry to learn of the poor communication you dealt with. I would love to help you out. Will you please reach out to me directly using my contact information listed below? I look forward to getting you the answers and service you deserve. Blake Hazelrigg Director of Client Advocacy [email protected]

Anonymous Waveland, MS

The company should be more honest with their customers and make sure they are on the same page instead of not letting them know anything. I am having difficulty talking to a person about issues.

Reply from SunPro

Hello Anonymous, I am very sorry to hear that you were kept in the dark about certain aspects of your project! I would love to ensure you receive all of the details you need. Please send me an email with the property address of your project and let me know how I can help resolve the issues you are having. I would love to help ensure you get this all resolved in a timely fashion! Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Aug. 31st, 2021

robert trudell Poplar Grove, IL

18 panels expected more independence than what i have seen so far

Reply from SunPro

Hi Robert, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. As we are heading into the Fall and Winter months production will slightly decrease but then you will see a huge uptick in Spring and Summer when the longer sunny days come back. If you have any questions about production of your system please don't hesitate to reach out to any of the Sunpro team and we will be happy to help you out! Blake Hazelrigg Director of Client Advocacy [email protected]

Sonya Collins Panama City, FL

Still waiting on my money they promised for cutting down some trees. Also rebate they said I would get.

Reply from SunPro

Hi Sonya, If you are still waiting for this I would love to help get you a timeline update. Will you please send me an email with your property address and the details? I will then get with our Accounting team to make sure this gets issued to you in a timely fashion. Blake Hazelrigg Director of Client Advocacy [email protected]

Kenneth Fietz Clearwater, FL

Great-outstanding job in getting the work done. Customer feedback , communication and resolution of issues can use some refinement.

Reply from SunPro

Hello Kenneth, Thank you for the review. I am sorry to hear we didn't give the 5 star experience in several areas that we expect from our team. If there is anything I can do to help with your experience at this time please do not hesitate to let me know what can be done. Thank you so much for choosing Sunpro as your solar provider! Blake Hazelrigg Director of Client Advocacy [email protected]

Sep. 8th, 2021

Avis Elkins, AR

I appreciate that customer service would good at keeping me informed and installation went well though it took a long for them to get around to it.

Reply from SunPro

Hello Avis, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am glad that we did a good job at keeping you informed but am sorry to hear it took a long time. There are many moving parts in a solar installation from creating designs to obtaining permits and approvals from the utility company. We work hard to get it all accomplished as quickly as possible but sometimes things don't move as quickly as we would like. If there is anything I can do to further assist with your experience, please do not hesitate to let me know what I can do! Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Aug. 31st, 2021

Alejandro Cruz Independence, MO

The communication after our install was not good. We thought our panels were on and they were not. No one told us we had to wait for permission to turn them on. I found out when I called asking about an app to monitor our panels which they also did not tell us about until after I called. Also it took over three months to get the panels installed when we were told a few weeks.

Reply from SunPro

Hello Alejandro, I am very sorry to hear we dropped the ball with communication and that the project took longer to complete than initially anticipated. I am confident your will still be very pleased with your solar system moving forward as you obtain energy independence from the local electric provider. If there is ever anything I can personally do to further assist with your solar project I hope you will not hesitate to reach out to me! Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Apr. 27th, 2021

Barry Lawson

String inverter lower strength panels. There is newer and more advanced equipment available.

Reply from SunPro

Hello Barry, We work hard to keep up with the latest and greatest. Right now our systems are installed with microinverters and new high efficient LG panels. If there is anything I can do to further assist with your Sunpro experience just let me know! Blake Hazelrigg Director of Client Advocacy [email protected]

Lydia

We've had problems with our end face system. They came out to change the motherboard, but we haven't gotten our credits back from the time it wasn't connected to the server. We also had some problems with the inverters not connecting to the system. The installation was smooth and it was probably one of the best experiences I've had with contractors coming to my house. We haven't gotten confirmation of how much energy was produced on the bill yet. This company is very forthcoming. Sometimes, it's hard to get a hold of someone when you call, but whenever you get someone they are very helpful and give us lots of information.

Juan Garza

Had some issues with my roof installation and I am still owed a cover for one light in my closet that was not replaced.

Reply from SunPro

Hello Juan, I am sorry to hear there were a few issues that came up during your install. I want to ensure we get this resolved right away for you. Will you please send me an email with the property address where you had solar installed so I can locate your account and ensure the team is working to get this fixed. If there is anything else I can do to help with this situation, just let me know! Blake Hazelrigg Director of Client Advocacy [email protected]

Sep. 15th, 2021

Eloy Jimenez Weslaco, TX

Lack of communication and follow up with services.

Reply from SunPro

Hi Eloy, I am very sorry to hear that we lacked with communication. I am happy to be a direct line of communication for you. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly if there is anything I can do to assist with your solar experience! Blake Hazelrigg Director of Client Advocacy [email protected]

joseph cabral Jacksonville, FL

I called project manager about an issue, here still has not returned my call

Reply from SunPro

Hello Joseph, I am sorry to hear you did not get a quick return call! I am having trouble looking you up in my records. Can you please send me a direct message with the property address where you had solar installed so I can ensure we get you a return call right away? Thank you! Blake Hazelrigg Director of Client Advocacy [email protected]

Oct. 5th, 2021

Jerry Bryant Little Rock, AR

Yhey have problems with returning calls and falling up installs

Reply from SunPro

Hi Jerry, I am very sorry to hear you have had trouble communicating with us. I am going to have a team mate reach out to you right away to see what we can do to assist you at this time and ensure you have a direct line of communication with our team. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly if there is anything else I can do to assist with your experience. Thank you! Blake Hazelrigg Director of Client Advocacy [email protected]

Oct. 5th, 2021

Sarah Sellers

Had less than a year & 8 of my panels are out due to some software glitch. They say it will be fixed in a software rollout in the next few weeks, but they have already been out for several weeks & still aren't fixed. I was going to wait & see if they released the update to correct the solar panels before rating them, but since I keep getting the notices to rate them & they are not fixed yet, I provided a rating based on the current situation.

Ned Turner Jr Killeen, TX

It’s been very difficult too get every done to become satisfied customer I still do not know how I handle the pay for breaking the contract with Direct Energy

Reply from SunPro

Hi Ned, I am sorry you have unanswered questions and I would love to help you out! Please email me at my address below and I will work to get answers for you right away! Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

May. 19th, 2021

Gerald Dunedin, FL

I’ve got two issues that I’ve been trying to get follow through on and I can’t get anybody to follow through on it. They were right on time with the installation but there has been no follow up since.

Reply from SunPro

Hi Gerald, We absolutely want to help get these issues resolved and I will ensure that we will follow up on them to resolution. Please send me an email with the details and I will help work you get a resolution in place. Please include your property email address in your email so I can locate your file! Thanks. Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Rosa

The service person was very professional. The installation process was pretty good and easy. They did all the work super quick. Everything was great. I have no complaints other than I get a different representative every time I call.

William Robert Vrastil Lake City, FL

The project took a long time to get started, the system was mis-wired initially, and I am still having several roof leaks

Reply from SunPro

Hi William, I am very sorry to hear you have had multiple issues from your installation. I have asked our team to look into this immediately for you and work toward a resolution! Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

May. 5th, 2021

Milton Saint Louis, MO

My electric bills is actually higher than it was before. There is a lack of communication. When I’ve called to get assistance they don’t contact me back.

Reply from SunPro

Hello Milton, I am sorry to hear you have had a rough experience. If there is anything I can do to help turn things around for you, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly! We really care about our customers experience and will work hard to make everything right for you. Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Michael Altha, FL

My roof has been leaking for over a month and I have complained about it the whole time. Everything else is fine. It is saving me money in power but I would like them to fix the leaks.

Reply from SunPro

Hi Michael, I am very sorry to hear about your roof. I would love to help get this evaluated for you right away. Will you please send an email to me at my contact info listed below so I can work with our team to get this addressed? Please let me know if there is anything else we can do to help turn your experience into 5 stars. Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Paul Levelland, TX

Equipment is good and the salesman did a real good job explaining everything to me. Installation was going good until a gentleman fell through the ceiling. It took forty days to get it all that repaired.

Reply from SunPro

Hi Paul, We are very sorry that there was an issue during the installation. If there is anything we can do at this point to help turn your experience into 5 stars, please do not hesitate to let us know what we can do to help. We are committed to your experience and are very glad you chose us as your solar provider. Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

walt turner Albany, GA

cumulations after install is non existent

Reply from SunPro

Hi Walt, I am sorry you are having trouble getting in touch with our team. I would love to own communication for you. Please reach out to me directly and I will be happy to assist you with anything you may need. Blake Hazelrigg Director of Client Advocacy [email protected]

Jessica Kingsland, AR

Before I signed up with SunPro, they provided me with great numbers and information. They are terrible at getting back to you in customer service, but the installation was great. Everyone was super nice and gave me all the information I needed and they finished in one day. We haven't had any problems with the panels.

Reply from SunPro

Hello Jessica, Thank you for the review. We are glad to hear the panels are working and producing well for you but we are sorry to hear you had problems surrounding the communication from our customer service team. We know that communication is extremely important and we continue to work to improve. If there is anything I can do to help turn your experience into 5 stars, I hope you will let me know. We are here and committed to your solar experience. Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Alan Lagrange, GA

I was impressed with how things started, scheduling the assessment and initial conversation but there was no follow up.

Reply from SunPro

Hi Alan, I am sorry to hear about the lack of follow up and would love to help address this for you. Will you please email me with details? Thank you! Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

May. 5th, 2021

Levi Carroll Crestview, FL

Still waiting on the $1,000.00 deposit to Gulf Power for transition period and waiting on reimbursement for paying when panels were not on.

Reply from SunPro

Hi Levi, Is this still the case? I would love to assist you with this. Please email me the details and I will look into it for you and help get this resolved right away. Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Apr. 16th, 2021

David Dees Geronimo, OK

Great company, Ruben D. went out of his way to handle any issues that came. Great install, great service after the sale.

Reply from SunPro

Hello David, I am sorry to hear that the payment has yet to arrive! I have our team looking into this for you right away and expect to get an update to you very soon. Sorry for the delay. Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Feb. 16th, 2021

Jeremy Colcord, OK

They had to come back three separate times because they kept messing up the engineering for the solar panels. I ended having to build a structure to put them on.

Reply from SunPro

Hi Jeremy, Thanks for the feedback. We are sorry it took a few visits for us to get a clear game-plan in place to get your solar project in action. Please do not hesitate to let me know if there is anything I can do to help turn your experience into 5 stars. We are here and committed to your solar journey! Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Flowers Pine Bluff, AR

My bills from energy are still too high I can't see the savings

Reply from SunPro

Hi Flowers, I am sorry to hear you are yet to see the savings. I would love to have our team dive into this for you and review. Will you please email me with the details of your project so I can get you in touch with a representative from our team? Thank you! Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Jul. 12th, 2021

Denise Sheldon-Schrader Lincoln, NE

Slow with communicating. Still waiting for hot water heater blanket. And pressure testing.

Reply from SunPro

Hi Denise, Thanks for the review. I am sorry to hear about the delay in communication as well as the installation of some of our energy efficiency items. I have passed this on to a leader with our operations department to help us get this resolved as soon as possible. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly if there is anything else I can do to further assist with your experience. Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

May. 25th, 2021

Eli Tularosa, NM

They have open communication and top notch equipment. The process has been very quick and professional.

Reply from SunPro

Hi Eli, Thanks for the review. Looks like you have been pleased with your experience so far. If there is anything I can do to turn this into 5 stars, please do not hesitate to let me know! I am here and happy to help you out. Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Tiffany Cannon Conway, AR

The communication can be a lot better. If you say you will return customers call you should do that

Reply from SunPro

Hello Tiffany, I am glad to hear that the ball was dropped when it comes to communication. Please reach out to me directly and let me know if there is anything I can do to help turn your experience around. My contact info is in my email signature below. We are glad you chose Sunpro and really want to make you happy with your decision as well! Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Feb. 14th, 2021

Anonymous Madison, FL

They did a fantastic job with installation. They need a better support team though because some of them are not qualified and don't know what they're trying to sell.

Reply from SunPro

Hi There, I am glad to hear you had a great experience with the installation. The Sunpro team always works to provide a high quality install and leave our customers homes in better shape than we found them. If you are open to sharing the rest of your concerns with me, I would love to learn more. We are always working to improve as we work to deliver the best customer experience in the industry. Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

John Malone Manhattan, KS

Still have not had energy assessments or the led bulbs changed

Reply from SunPro

Hi John, I would love to look into this for you. Will you please send me an email with the details and the address where we completed your home improvement project? I would love to get this addressed immediately. Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

May. 20th, 2021

Sandra Stern Humble, TX

Pre-sale was great. Post sale communication has been very poor.

Reply from SunPro

Hi Sandra, Thank you for the review. I am sorry to hear you received poor communication post sale! I will look into this and ensure our team learns from your feedback. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me directly if there is anything I can do to further assist you. Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Apr. 16th, 2021

Paul Dunagan Marathon, TX

Slow in installation of system from sales to project completion 5 months

Reply from SunPro

Hello Paul, I am sorry to hear the installation took longer than expected to complete! Now that your project is wrapped up, we are hopeful that the savings and results will make it all worth it. Please do not hesitate to reach out to myself or any of the Sunpro team if there is ever anything we can do to help with your experience. Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Feb. 22nd, 2021

Gary Smart Dunnellon, FL

I like the solar roof mount system that you use. I dislike the confusing cost proposals that SunPro uses to try and get customers to buy into there product.

David Blankenship Oklahoma City, OK

They haven't performed the leak test yet

Reply from SunPro

Hello David, Thank you for the review. Please reach out to me directly and let me know what else can be done in order to help turn your experience into five stars. I am here and happy to help in any way that I can. Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Apr. 27th, 2021

David Fedor Mena, AR

the technicians are great. the office staff not so 3.

Reply from SunPro

Hi David, I am glad to hear you had a very positive experience with our technicians but I am sorry to hear that you had a less than stellar experience with our office staff! If there is anything I can do to help turn your experience around, please do not hesitate to let me know what I can do to help! Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Feb. 14th, 2021