SunPro

8.9

Sunpro Solar provides affordable solar energy and battery storage solutions to homeowners nationwide. Optimal savings and energy independence are at the core of Sunpro’s solar solutions for homeowners. The solar company was named the fifth largest residential solar installer in the U.S. by Solar Power World magazine in July 2020. An Inc. 500 company, Sunpro Solar continues to expand as the demand for home solar in the United States increases. Sunpro Solar has headquarters in Louisiana and currently operates in 18 states:

• Arizona
  • South Carolina
  • Tennessee
  • Texas
  • Virginia

The Good

• Professional Installation
  • High Quality Solar Equipment
  • Industry-Leading Warranties
  • Professional Roofing
  • Award Recognition

Professional Installation

Sunpro Solar will send a Solar Energy Specialist to your home to evaluate your energy needs and answer any questions you have about solar power. A Sunpro Specialist will also be able to tell you about any incentive programs in your area to increase the affordability of making the switch to solar. The entire installation process is handled by Sunpro so you won’t have to worry about dealing with subcontractors or outside parties.

High Quality Solar Equipment

Sunpro implements top-performing technology behind its solar panels and home solar installations. By using only the best brands in solar technology and hiring and training locals for renewable energy jobs, Sunpro is able to provide residents with affordable solar energy systems, battery backup and energy efficiency upgrades:

Enphase Solar Inverters

Sunpro only uses Enphase microinverters because they carry some of the highest warranties in the industry (25 years), undergo rigorous testing, and have the same lifespan as top solar panels. Research also shows that Enphase microinverters produce more energy than other technologies, which means more savings for Sunpro Solar customers over the lifespan of their solar PV system.

Tesla Powerwall

The Tesla Powerwall is widely considered an industry leader in solar backup battery technology. As a Tesla Partner, Sunpro installs the Tesla Powerwall 2, which comes with a 10-year warranty, detects grid outages in just a fraction of a second, and brings power back to your home 100x faster than traditional generators.

LG Solar Panels

LG is a leading provider of high-efficiency solar modules to the U.S. commercial and residential markets.  Sunpro Solar only offers homeowners the industry’s top LG solar products. LG solar panels come with a 25-year performance and labor warranty.

Industry-Leading Warranties

Whether through the manufacturer or through its own priorprietary policies, Sunpro offers some of the best warranties in the solar industry. The company only uses products and technologies that have the strongest warranties and guarantees, resulting in systems that are designed to last for decades. In addition to its 100 percent satisfaction guarantee, Sunpro Solar offers the following benefits with every installation:

• 25-Year Labor Warranty
  • 25-Year Production Guarantee
  • 25-Year Solar Panel Manufacturer Warranty
  • 25-Year Enphase Microinverter Warranty
  • Free Home Energy Audit

Professional Roofing

Sunpro Solar employs an in-house roofing company to address any concerns regarding roof damage, a unique value proposition in the solar industry. Sunpro Solar’s roofing company, Buildpro, installs quality, affordable roofing and works to ensure that every step of installation protects the roof on which the solar panels are placed.

With the help of Buildpro, Sunpro Solar further protects customers' warranty and against damage. The companies use only trusted and high-performing shingle brands such as Owens Corning, CertainTeed, and IKO. A solar company with roofing experience like Sunpro can address all of the issues above whereas a solar company without roofing experience could mean more risk of damage to your roof.

Award Recognition

The solar industry and business circles alike have identified Sunpro Solar as a major player in the industry:

• In August of 2020, Sunpro Solar was ranked by Inc. Magazine number 372 on its annual Inc. 5000 list (the most prestigious ranking of the nation's fastest-growing private companies).
  • Sunpro Solar was named the fifth largest residential solar install in the United States by Solar Power World magazine in July of 2020.
  • Sunpro Solar has been named to the annual Vet100 list which acknowledges the nation’s fastest growing veteran-owned businesses and entrepreneurs.

The Bad

No Leases or PPAs

Sunpro gives customers the option to purchase a solar energy system outright or finance with a loan. However, the company does not offer solar leases or power purchase agreements.

The Bottom Line

If you live within the area that Sunpro services, we suggest you check out this solar company. The company’s installations are backed by industry-leading warranties and product partners who manufacture only the highest quality solar panels, microinverters, solar batteries and software in their respective categories. With business publications and industry experts recognizing the company’s rapid growth, Sunpro Solar continues to demonstrate its commitment to customer service as it expands. However, when it comes to financing, the only options are to buy or loan. Sunpro does not offer solar leases or PPAs.

Call our recommended rep over at SunPro below.

Mike brookshire Decatur, GA

Guy who came out was nice but I was trying to cut my power bill and it was going to cost me more for the next 20 years, no saving for me

martin alvear-jasso Brownsville, TX

People are interested in an easy sell. I wanted more information on the $100000 package being sold to me. I had four different people reach out to me saying they would help me with my specific questions and all of them ignored me.

Reply from SunPro

Hello Martin, I am very sorry to hear you had trouble getting the information you were looking for! I would love to help get those details for you immediately. Please send me an email using my email address below with any and every question and I will ensure we get answers for you ASAP. Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Jun. 22nd, 2021

Rebecca Stewart Milton, FL

The 2 stars is for their customer service which very poor. Everybody selling me the panels and getting them installed was fine. All the extras I got right away. I have 8 very dark leak spots on my living ceiling. I started trying to get the leaks fixed in Oct/Nov. Sunpro person finally came and said the leaks were under panels. My roofing company came out day after I called them, and looked at the leaks. Sunpro service man had the roofing man's phone number and vice versus because 2 rows of panels had to be taken down. Today is June 10th and finally got this date for the Sunpro. Called roofing company on Friday Afternoon and Tuesday of next they confirmed someone would be here on Thursday morning. It took 4 weeks of calling customer service once a week before a supervisor called me to make an appointment to have a work crew come to take panels. Now I find out that some of the leaks are from the panels. But I am really angry that I was not told by salesman or prior to install that putting panels on my roof of less than a year old would VOID my warranty on my 25 year warranty on my new metal roof. It costing me $2000.00 to have panels taken down for roofing man to fix their part of the leaks and reinstall the panels. I having the put up because I paid for them. If this happens again what to after you spend so much money???? Customer service it what builds a company. This why when my 38 year old house needed its 3rd roof I went with the same company that put my 2nd roof on as their customer service after install is AWESOME.

Reply from SunPro

Hello Rebecca, I am very sorry to hear you have had a less than perfect experience. I have alerted the leadership team associated with you project to help ensure we implement swift action toward resolution. Please reach out to me directly if there is anything I can do to further assist with your experience. Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Jun. 17th, 2021

Ray Knoefel Peck, KS

I am having trouble with the online monitoring system, contacted the person that I bought system from, he was going to notify the program rep. still no response back, not sure why, but feeling not cared about.

Reply from SunPro

Hi Ray, Are you still having these issues? I would love to help you with this. Please send me the details and I will work with our team to get this resolved right away! Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Apr. 16th, 2021

Elissa Boyle Myrtle Beach, SC

***UPDATED 11/16/2020*** I have revised my previous review as we were contacted (after filing a report with the BBB). The company has gone above and beyond to make sure our project is not only on track to being completed, but that we are satisfied with the resolution of the situation. I was contacted by 3 individuals (including the executive assistant to the CEO) and the project is to be completed this coming Tuesday. While the breakdown of communication was unfortunate, we cannot condemn the entire company for a few bad eggs and I have been nothing but satisfied since reaching out. I am leaving my initial review because I believe it is important for everyone to understand what COULD happen and how to handle it if it does. We are very satisfied with the communication skills of each individual we have spoken to and are very grateful for their help. Solar panels are a huge investment and SunPro Solar has done a wonderful job of restoring our faith in our decision. *** At the end of July, we entered into a contract with SunPro Solar to install a solar panel unit on our home. On Aug 27, we signed documents revising our plan 16 panels with two Tesla powerwall units instead of 29 panels (HOA wouldn't allow panels on front of home). We signed the design approval on September 9. We were informed that "we" the homeowner needed to contact the Electric company to schedule a temporary shut off. When I called our Electric company they stated the Solar company usually does this, but allowed us to schedule a time. The install was schedule for Oct.19 and was a complete disaster from the beginning. The electric company didn't show up to disconnect power on time and when they did, it was the wrong guy. (No fault of the Solar company, sort of). I feel like had they scheduled it, then the right guy would have been there for the job. Turns out the electric blueprints were not allowed by our Electric company (although, it appears it was signed off on) again, no big deal. So, the panels were put into place, but they aren't "connected". We were told new plans for the electric would need to be drawn and approved. The city inspector showed up and stated that he was sent the first plans and not the revised plans. We reached out to the company numerous times to get information on the progress being made and no one has reached out to us in a meaningful way. We were contacted by our project coordinate to let us know that a "post install" coordinator would be contacting us, but we aren't post project. We've emailed the post install coordinator, called her numerous times, and had customer service try to transfer us/ notate that we needed to be contacted. All to no avail as of the time of this review.

Paul Campbell Colonial Heights, VA

Communication process is poor. Customer required to initiate communications with repeated attempts due to lack of response.

Reply from SunPro

Hello Paul, I am sorry to hear we did not do well with communicating. I will review your project and look for any learning opportunities I can implement. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly if there is anything else I can do to help turn your Sunpro experience around! Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

May. 5th, 2021

Aimee Molino, FL

I've had a lot of issues while working with SunPro. I have some issues but they did great work but I still have a bunch of issues with what happening right now. The installation went smoothly, but they didn't get back to me about the problems with my battery and I have panels go out here and there. I wish they had a battery backup option.

Reply from SunPro

Hello Aimee, I am sorry to hear that there have been some bumps in the road. From what I can tell it looks like we are actively working with you to ensure everything has been resolved. If there is anything I can do to further help with your experience, I am here and am happy to help! Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Susan

The panels are not doing nearly what he told me it was supposed to do. They told me the meter would spin backwards and it does not. The installers did well but the electrician was a little unruly.

Ben Palm Harbor, FL

Office staff not helpful. And not very informed about some. Support for app very helpful after the fact. Elec. installer programmed system wrong.

Reply from SunPro

Hi Ben, Thank you for the feedback. I am sorry to hear you have had a few some bumps in the road with your solar experience. If there is anything I can do to help as we move forward, please just let me know! Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Randy Callahan Groves, TX

I don’t know if they producing 3 enough

Reply from SunPro

Hello Randy, I have passed your feedback on to our Customer Service team and have asked them to look into this and reach out to you. We should get an update on our review for you very soon! We are here to help with your system and want to ensure it is producing as it was designed to do so. Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Feb. 14th, 2021

David Hatfield Hankamer, TX

We are not producing energy like we were told.

Reply from SunPro

Hi David, I am sorry to hear your solar system is producing less than you had anticipated. Will you please send me an email with your property address and specific concerns and I will work with our team to review this and reach out to you right away! Thank you and I look forward to helping you get some quick answers soon. Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Anonymous Las Cruces, NM

It’s hard to contact them. They are slow to respond.

Reply from SunPro

Hello There, I am sorry to hear you have had trouble getting in contact with us. Please save my email address listed below and do not hesitate to reach out to me directly if you ever have any questions or concerns. I will be happy to work with our team to quickly get you answers and help turn your experience around. Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]