SunPro

8.9

Sunpro Solar provides affordable solar energy and battery storage solutions to homeowners nationwide. Optimal savings and energy independence are at the core of Sunpro’s solar solutions for homeowners. The solar company was named the fifth largest residential solar installer in the U.S. by Solar Power World magazine in July 2020. An Inc. 500 company, Sunpro Solar continues to expand as the demand for home solar in the United States increases. Sunpro Solar has headquarters in Louisiana and currently operates in 18 states:

• Arizona
  • South Carolina
  • Tennessee
  • Texas
  • Virginia

The Good

• Professional Installation
  • High Quality Solar Equipment
  • Industry-Leading Warranties
  • Professional Roofing
  • Award Recognition

Professional Installation

Sunpro Solar will send a Solar Energy Specialist to your home to evaluate your energy needs and answer any questions you have about solar power. A Sunpro Specialist will also be able to tell you about any incentive programs in your area to increase the affordability of making the switch to solar. The entire installation process is handled by Sunpro so you won’t have to worry about dealing with subcontractors or outside parties.

High Quality Solar Equipment

Sunpro implements top-performing technology behind its solar panels and home solar installations. By using only the best brands in solar technology and hiring and training locals for renewable energy jobs, Sunpro is able to provide residents with affordable solar energy systems, battery backup and energy efficiency upgrades:

Enphase Solar Inverters

Sunpro only uses Enphase microinverters because they carry some of the highest warranties in the industry (25 years), undergo rigorous testing, and have the same lifespan as top solar panels. Research also shows that Enphase microinverters produce more energy than other technologies, which means more savings for Sunpro Solar customers over the lifespan of their solar PV system.

Tesla Powerwall

The Tesla Powerwall is widely considered an industry leader in solar backup battery technology. As a Tesla Partner, Sunpro installs the Tesla Powerwall 2, which comes with a 10-year warranty, detects grid outages in just a fraction of a second, and brings power back to your home 100x faster than traditional generators.

LG Solar Panels

LG is a leading provider of high-efficiency solar modules to the U.S. commercial and residential markets.  Sunpro Solar only offers homeowners the industry’s top LG solar products. LG solar panels come with a 25-year performance and labor warranty.

Industry-Leading Warranties

Whether through the manufacturer or through its own priorprietary policies, Sunpro offers some of the best warranties in the solar industry. The company only uses products and technologies that have the strongest warranties and guarantees, resulting in systems that are designed to last for decades. In addition to its 100 percent satisfaction guarantee, Sunpro Solar offers the following benefits with every installation:

• 25-Year Labor Warranty
  • 25-Year Production Guarantee
  • 25-Year Solar Panel Manufacturer Warranty
  • 25-Year Enphase Microinverter Warranty
  • Free Home Energy Audit

Professional Roofing

Sunpro Solar employs an in-house roofing company to address any concerns regarding roof damage, a unique value proposition in the solar industry. Sunpro Solar’s roofing company, Buildpro, installs quality, affordable roofing and works to ensure that every step of installation protects the roof on which the solar panels are placed.

With the help of Buildpro, Sunpro Solar further protects customers' warranty and against damage. The companies use only trusted and high-performing shingle brands such as Owens Corning, CertainTeed, and IKO. A solar company with roofing experience like Sunpro can address all of the issues above whereas a solar company without roofing experience could mean more risk of damage to your roof.

Award Recognition

The solar industry and business circles alike have identified Sunpro Solar as a major player in the industry:

• In August of 2020, Sunpro Solar was ranked by Inc. Magazine number 372 on its annual Inc. 5000 list (the most prestigious ranking of the nation's fastest-growing private companies).
  • Sunpro Solar was named the fifth largest residential solar install in the United States by Solar Power World magazine in July of 2020.
  • Sunpro Solar has been named to the annual Vet100 list which acknowledges the nation’s fastest growing veteran-owned businesses and entrepreneurs.

The Bad

No Leases or PPAs

Sunpro gives customers the option to purchase a solar energy system outright or finance with a loan. However, the company does not offer solar leases or power purchase agreements.

The Bottom Line

If you live within the area that Sunpro services, we suggest you check out this solar company. The company’s installations are backed by industry-leading warranties and product partners who manufacture only the highest quality solar panels, microinverters, solar batteries and software in their respective categories. With business publications and industry experts recognizing the company’s rapid growth, Sunpro Solar continues to demonstrate its commitment to customer service as it expands. However, when it comes to financing, the only options are to buy or loan. Sunpro does not offer solar leases or PPAs.

Call our recommended rep over at SunPro below.

Brian Collings Goodyear, AZ

I cannot say in words how disappointed I am. I had 2 bids but went with the higher cost at SunPro because I thought I was getting better service and equipment. I am a cash buyer that spent nearly 50k on my system. We signed up in January 2021. Put the deposit in on Feb 14th. Panels were installed Mar 11. Went through multiple visits from SunPro to do final hook ups. 3 APS inspections…2 of them wrong inspections called in by SunPro, and this is happening in May 2021. Fast forward to today June 5th…SunPro comes out to do final commissioning and activate the system. The Enphase Envoy box is broken…doesn’t work. What a horrible experience. I have had a solar system “installed” on my home that I paid cash…for 3 months that does not produce, and doesn’t work. I don’t think our experience with SunPro can be any worse. The “account representative “ would set up calls and appointments and not show up or call until hours past the time. I believe I had 3 different representatives until I was given the direct line to the regional director. We are beyond disappointed.

Reply from SunPro

Hello Brian, I am very sorry to read your review and understand that you are disappointed in your experience. I have looped in leadership from our operational team to help get this resolved for you. We want to act very quickly and are confident that we can turn your experience around. Please expect to hear from us very soon and do not hesitate to reach out to me directly in the event there is anything I can do to help. Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Jun. 7th, 2021

Kathleen Herron Mooresville, NC

Our solar was installed on March 4 and 5th but still not hooked up..a lot of damage was done to our home..still not fixed..the installers left a mess of screws electric pieces and cigarette butts...my previous little dog died...no one call about fixing the ceiling damage...I finally got a professional who gave us an estimate and I sent it on...why can't they send us the money so that we can pay this professional to fix it...why can't they get us hooked up so we can use our panels..so damage to my home and my little dog dead is all I have gotten is being depressed and the run around..I am already paying for nothing Kathleen Herron Kathleen Herron

Reply from SunPro

Hello Kathleen, Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I am sorry to hear you have had less than a great experience. I have alerted leaders from our Operations and Customer Service teams of your situation so they can quickly work with you to further address this situation. I am confident that we will work to turn your experience around very soon. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly if there is anything else I can do to further assist you. Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

May. 14th, 2021

JerryA Edmond, OK

Sad to say, but I had to go with a different company AFTER my system was installed. Very unprofessional installation, not to mention I was lied to about the system that I was sold. When I asked what was going to be done about these issues, I was told to “Figure it out”. Since then I have gone with a local company and have had much better results.

Reply from SunPro

Hello Jerry, I am very sorry to hear that things did not go as planned. If there is anything I can do to help turn your experience around, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly. I am here and happy to help. Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Jun. 7th, 2021

Mary or Joseph Lyons Aiken, SC

We wanted solar panels but we have not been given a print out of what it would cost. We ask for printed material but two times we have nothing.

Reply from SunPro

Hi Mary and Joseph, I am sorry to hear that you have not received all of the information you are looking for. I'd love to help supply you with this. Please send me an email using my contact info below and I will help to get this for you right away! Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Jul. 23rd, 2021

Polly Vela Brownsville, TX

Slow feedback. No credit w/electric co. - my electric company didnt receive the check of $1000 & I'm still getting billed electricity.

Reply from SunPro

Hi Polly, Thank you for this feedback. I am sorry to hear the payment to your electric company has been delayed. Please send me an email with the details and I will be happy to look into this and help you get resolved right away! Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Apr. 16th, 2021

Ashley

Be honest with your customers. I found out the things the salesman told me weren’t exactly true. I never hear back from them. Installation did go fine.

Steve Randall Oklahoma City, OK

Well, off to a bad start. I've filled out the online form two times with no contact. The number online DOESNT WORK. Concerning. I just don't understand businesses these days, especially one like this, in such a competitive market.

Reply from SunPro

Hi Steve, I just sent you a private message. I want to work with you and help get this resolved immediately. Thank you for bringing this issue to my attention. I am confident we can get this turned around for you very quickly and that you will be very impressed with your Sunpro experience! Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Feb. 25th, 2021

Irene Driggers Effingham, SC

Took 4 months to get started. Never call back to get me on line .

Reply from SunPro

Hello Irene, I am sorry to hear that the project took longer than anticipated! I have looped in a leader from our Client Solutions team to reach out and work with you directly. Please don't hesitate to reach out to them directly or myself - we will both be happy to help you in anyway we can. Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

May. 19th, 2021

Susana E Mendez Van Alstyne, TX

many incidents since installation, hard time communicating with staff

Reply from SunPro

Hello Susana, I am sorry to hear we made mistakes! I'd love to do all I can to help turn your experience around. Please reach out to me with details and I jump in and help you out right away. Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

May. 5th, 2021

Cynthia El Paso, TX

The salesperson lied to me about the price, and incentives of the solar panels.

Reply from SunPro

Hello Cynthia, I am very sorry to hear about this and I would love the opportunity to look into this for you and help create a resolution. Will you please email me directly with the details of your project and I will follow up with you right away. Thank you Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

May. 5th, 2021

Daniel S Armendariz Deming, NM

Panels quit working for three months and no one knew about it . They took to long to fix . Light bill to high.

Reply from SunPro

Hello Daniel, I am very sorry to hear that you have had an issue with your solar panels! They are typically reliable but we are here for our customers if there are ever any issues. I have looped leaders in from our customer service team and they will be reaching out to you very shortly to learn more and help with your situation and help find a solution. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly if there is ever anything else I can do to help with your solar journey. Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Feb. 9th, 2021

Cynthia Ramirez El Paso, TX

They lied about the solar prices and discounts

Reply from SunPro

Hi Cynthia, I am sorry to hear this! This type of feedback is very concerning and I would love to look into this right away for you. Please reach out to me directly with additional details so that I can further assist you. Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Apr. 27th, 2021

Evonne Pensacola, FL

Poor customer service. Poor monitoring of equipment. Equipment failures

Reply from SunPro

Hello Evonne, I am very sorry to hear that you have had a frustrating experience with your solar project. I would love to help turn things around for you. Will you please email me at [email protected] and share the address where we have installed, more details about your experience and let me know what I can do to help turn things around. I am confident we can help to improve your experience and I look forward to working with you. Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Feb. 16th, 2021

Cassie-Jane Converse, TX

Equipment is fine it is the customer service that they need to improve. They totally blow you off.

Reply from SunPro

Hello Cassie-Jane, I am very sorry to hear you were blown off and would love to help you in anyway that I can! Please reach out to me directly with any questions or concerns. We have a huge emphasis on our customer experience and I am sorry to hear things have been rough for you. I look forward to working with you and doing what I can to help turn things around! Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Jan. 18th, 2021