Sunnova is a different kind of power company, which is reflected in its business strategy.

The company partners with the best and brightest solar experts in the areas it serves to provide customers nationwide with low-cost, worry-free solar power while supporting the local economy.

So, when you choose Sunnova, you’re not only choosing to lower your energy costs for 25 years -- you’re also making a decision that’s good for your community and the environment. And that’s a choice everybody can live with.

The Good

• Flexible Payment Options
  • Helpful Moving Options
  • Wide State Availability

Flexible Payment Options

Sunnova offers a number of payment options for customers to choose from.

The company's EZ Own option gives homeowners the opportunity to purchase a system without any upfront costs and pay a fixed amount each month for a 25-year term, which is substantially less than most power bills. At the end of the term, the customer will own the solar power system.

Sunnova's EZ Pay PPA is another diverse financing option that only requires customers to pay for the energy produced by the system at a flat monthly price. There is also a standard lease option available, during which the customer will essentially be renting the panels from Sunnova.

Helpful Moving Options

If a customer decides to move while under contract, Sunnova offers a number of options: the customer can transfer the service agreement over to the new owner, pre-pay the remainder of the contract and transfer it to the new owner, or move the system to a new address. This is especially beneficial for homeowners who are less permanent.

Wide State Availability

Sunnova is currently available in the following 19 states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Hawaii, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Pennsylvania, Nevada, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, South Carolina, and Texas.

The company's services are also available in the Virgin Islands, which means many consumers have the option to go solar with Sunnova.

The Bad

• Long Contract Terms
  • No Buyout Option for Leases

Long Contract Terms

Sunnova requires a 25-year service agreement, which is higher than the average 20-year agreement employed by most other solar companies.

Additionally, Sunnova does not offer a production guarantee for PPAs, which can be detrimental if the system isn't producing as much as it should be during the length of the contract.

No Buyout Option For Leases

Sunnova's lease options do not include a buyout option for customers, which creates a disadvantage for those who may need to move while under contract.

The Bottom Line

Sunnova is available in several states and offers a variety of financing options and moving options.

However, the company's contract terms are longer than industry average. Additionally, Sunnova does not offer a buyout option for leases.

View Best Solar Companies

3.8

Linda S McIntosh

January 24th, 2019 Exeter, CA

I have had no training on the system or how it works, I have no account number with which to set up an online account.

Jan 25, 2019

Hello Linda S McIntosh, I apologize that this has been your experience with Sunnova. I will be more than happy to have an agent reach out to you and address your concerns. ^JG

Christoher

December 31st, 2018 Albuquerque, NM DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If I had to do it over agin, I would not have used Sunnova or any subsiderary partner like Zing who markets their services on their behalf. While having solar panels has saved me 30-50% off my electric bills, the contracts and agents basically misrepresented the contract. While the company claims they do not put a lien on your home for the panels, essentially that is why they do. I am have been trying to sell my home for 90 days, having over 30 showings, and 5 offers all of which were retracted upon review of the solar contract. Multiple title companies from both my realtor and potential buyers have all said while the contract is not a “lien” it is enforced like one making it extremely difficult to transfer services and complete a sale on the home. The solar company gives you a few options when it comes time to sell your home, all of which are extremely difficult and can cause you to break the terms of your contract both with them or the buyers. Unless you plan on living in the same home for 25 years or buy a system full price, it simply is not worth it. The company gets the tax incentives and the panels won’t increase value you in your home when it comes time to sell. Better yet they start charging you before you even have the system installed during the 6 month process to get permits, plans, and installation. The sales people are misleading and work on a quota system receiving bonuses for locking in so many contracts. There is no real honesty or integrity from the salesman/woman. I am currently working with a lawyer to have the system removed so I can sell my home

Dec 31, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post a review and allow us an opportunity for improvement. We do apologize for your experience as this is not the normal Sunnova experience. Our goal is customer satisfaction and we strive to make each experience with our customers a memorable one by delivering the best possible service. After review of your account, we did find that a case has been opened to contact you and address your concerns. We will forward your feed back to your case owner for follow up. ^JG

YETUNDE OLOWE

December 20th, 2018 Union, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have had it for 3years , there is no difference in my bill by the time you add Sunnova bill to my PSEG bill. I regret signing up with Sunnova . I was told that my panels and inverter are old / obsolete by another solar panel technician that is why my panel production is low . I asked Trinity to upgrade my panel and inverter .I was told to talk to Sunnova; they keep tossing me around like ping pong back and forth . I went through alot to get panels down for roof repair that i am paying for. Still going through the same to put the obsolete panel back right now.Please do your research very well before signing up

Dec 21, 2018

Hi Yetunde, thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that this was your experience with Sunnova. This is not the typical Sunnova experience, our drive is to make solar hassle free by being attentive when explaining the product to our potential customers. We appreciate your patience and one of our specialists will contact you soon to help get this issue resolved. ^JG

Mark

December 19th, 2018 East Haven, CT

We are very happy with the speed of installation

Dec 19, 2018

Hi Mark. Thank you so much for the great review! We aim to provide the best customer experience and we are constantly working to make our installation process as hassle-free as possible. Welcome to the Sunnova family Mark!

cindy

December 19th, 2018 Highland, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I was not sent a billing reminder 3 days in advance of my first bill and was waiting for this to pay my bill in full so I paid $49 more than my payoff amount and should have been reimbursed. I have tried to get to get reimbursed with no response.

Dec 19, 2018

Hello Cindy, we are so sorry to hear this. I can definitely get you in touch with someone right away to discuss this issue. Would you please provide your System ID and/or contact information and a specialist will reach out to you shortly. ^JG

Wilma Martins

December 2nd, 2018 Westville, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We've had Sunnova solar panels for one year. We were promised lower electric bills or that the electric company may even pay us. To our unpleasant surprise we found that our electric bills were higher than the previous year. When we contacted Sunnova or PSE&G (the electric company) we were told that our usage had increased. I looked through the last two years of bills and it is clear that our usage was lower this year. Another customer service agent said we should have expected higher bills. Who would we sign up for higher bills? After we complained the marketing agent offered to install more panels on our roof (at a higher monthly cost to us) but said they'd only do it if the new panels were on the shady side of the house. What's the point in that? They might as well bury them in the yard. We are disgusted with our Sunnova solar panels.

Dec 04, 2018

Thank you for reaching out, Wilma. We are sorry to hear that this was your experience with Sunnova. We are definitely concerned about your experience and would welcome the opportunity to address this with you directly. We value your feedback and will use it to improve. Please send us your system Id or a phone number associated with your account so that we can review your account and contact you. Thank you again!^MO

Matt Lacky

November 30th, 2018 Paradise, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

ATTENTION: Before doing any business with Sunnova Solar, you may want to read my story. On Nov 8th, 2018 my family’s home burned down in the Camp Fire in Paradise, CA. We were informed of our loss two days after the fire and had called Sunnova to cancel/suspend the account on Nov 12th. They agreed and said they would suspend the account. Well, three weeks went by and then we got charged for an additional month of service ($311 for Dec), as well as the 3 weeks we paid in Nov for no power (Nov 8-end of November). When we contacted Sunnova about it, they refused to credit us and said we never signed a docu sign which they then sent us that day, three weeks after the first phone call to cancel the service. Now we are not only victims to the fire, where we lost our home and everything else we owned, but we were charged over $500 for power that we never received or had, as the power is completely out in our community and we have no home to go back to. Also, on top of that, Sunnova stated on their docu sign that if we didn’t have our home rebuilt within 12 months, they have the right to charge us monthly payments even if we don’t have a home or power hooked up by then. This company is straight up robbing my family and I and I want to bring this to everyone’s attention before you decide to do business with them and fall victim to them as well. DO NOT go into contract with this company. They are crooks! They do not care about their customers and have shown to me and my family what they truly believe in, coming up off victims, before helping victims out... It’s truly a heart breaking situation to be in when you already lost everything and am evil Corp is still trying to take what they can from you. Thanks for reading, Matt L.

Nov 30, 2018

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention, I noticed our Issue Resolutions Supervisor has already spoken with you and addressed your concerns. We are glad this concern has been resolved. We value your feedback and will use it to keep improving. If you need further assistance please do not hesitate and contact us back. ^KM

Lisa

November 27th, 2018 Forked River, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This company is absolutely horrible. The panels have not produced what they were supposed to. I have call numerous times with the same nonsense answers. Stay away from this company!!

Nov 28, 2018

Hello Lisa, thank you for reaching out. We are very sorry for the production issues with the system. We'll escalate your note to the appropriate department. One of our agents will contact you today to help get this issue resolved. ^JG

Regina Kaulukukui

November 23rd, 2018 Kapaa, HI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Our system broke eight months ago and we are still expected to pay and they are unwilling to fix or remove the system. Sunnova is a foreign for profit company. Their customer service reps read from a script and they will not provide any assistance. There is no access to upper management. WARNING... DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE USE THIS COMPANY.

Nov 28, 2018

Hello Regina, thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are very sorry to hear about your experience with the delays in getting your system repaired and we appreciate your patience. One of our agents will contact you today to help get this issue resolved. ^JG

Richard Baer

November 16th, 2018 Scituate, MA

System recently installed. Entire experience very satisfying. Representative Brian M exceptionally helpful and informative throughout process, often following up to ensure satisfaction.Hopefully will see significant reduction in energy bill in near future, but so far am extremely pleased with Sunnova due in large part to Brian.

Nov 16, 2018

Thank you, Richard! We aim to provide the best customer experience, and we are constantly working to make our installation process as hassle free as possible. Welcome to the Sunnova family!

Kay Park

November 14th, 2018 Fullerton, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Their website sucks - I haven't been able to get in to see the history of what I paid. The customer service sucks - they don't call you back. Our SoCal Edison bills are lower though, but since i can't see the history of what we paid to Sunnova, I don't know if we are saving money or not!

Nov 14, 2018

Hello Kay, Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Can you please send us a private message with your system ID and and a phone number where we can reach you? Someone will reach out in less than 24 hours. ^JG

Armand Savoie

November 13th, 2018 Gardner, MA

Very professional on every level. Installation was done on schedule and according to code followed by inspection and approvals to turn the system on. Now it’s up to the weather and management of power to see the benefits.

Nov 13, 2018

Hello Armand! we value your positive feedback. Welcome to the Sunnova Family!

Bruce Giff

November 5th, 2018 Santa Monica, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I do not understand the bad reviews I see. It sounds like most of the customers that are complaining have to take it up with the solar company that sold them the deal, NOT Sunnova. Went through with a monthly PPA with it has saved me a ton. One of my panels went out and they were out in a day to come fix. They actually knew about the malfunction before I did. Sunnova is a great company!!

Nov 07, 2018

Hello Bruce, we work hard to make the switch to solar hassle-free. We are so happy to hear your experience reflects what we strive for. Thank you for your positive feedback, we are glad to have you as part of the Sunnova Family!

Claudia

October 30th, 2018 Clifton, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Worst solar company, I seriously don’t believe that there is a worst company on this planet earth!! PLEASE do thorough research before going to to business with this horrifically fraudulent company!!! DO NO SIGN anything on their salesman’s tablets that’s how they trap you! Let me tell you my story! So this door to door agent comes to my door with many promises so much so that I was reluctant but still curious I signed a credit check to see if I’d qualify!! And guess what it turned out to be a 25 YEAR contract! Yes 25 year contract with an “escalator” so they call it of 2.9% which means my monthly payment will INCREASE EVERY SINGLE YEAR for the lifetime of the contract! The installation was a nightmare they ruined my yard and my roof! I have called Sunnova over and over just to get the same excuse there’s no point in asking for a supervisor because they appear to be uneducated in the product and refer the contract to rebuddle every SINGLE complaint. I have never in my life experienced such blasphemy!! They supposedly don’t put a lien one home they put a “UCC” so they call it which is basically or might as well be a lien! Don’t believe me? Look it up!! Now I can’t sale my home unless I con the homeowner into taking over the contract or buy it out because I plan to move out of state and get this, I can’t even bring the panels with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is the worst mistake I’ve EVER made in my life! Opening the door to the salesman and signing what I believe was simple a credit check!!! Why would any logical person in this world sign a 25 year contract for solar? Solar panels is an evolving technology like a cell phone! Every single year more efficient panels are created and I’m stuck with this bulky ALREADY outdated system! I’m Jesus Lord I hope this company falls apart so I can be released out of this horrendous fraudulent wack company! Please stay away or you’ll just be in position. I truly highly doubt the positive comments on here are real! It’s probably one of Sunnova employees just trying to balance out the comments but trust me im sure non of there employees would sign onto their contract! I even asked a rep and they advised me on a RECORDED line that they would never sign this contract! Can you believe this??! It’s is the worst worst worst company on the face of this planet!

Oct 31, 2018

Thank you for reaching out Claudia, we value your feedback and we are here to assist you. Could you please send us a private message with your system id and/or phone number to contact you?

Sebastian

October 25th, 2018 New Bedford, MA

they keep you informed step by step thru out the complete job

Oct 27, 2018

Hello Sebastian, we appreciate your positive feedback. Welcome to the Sunnova Family!

Justin M09

October 23rd, 2018 Bayville, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

HORRIBLE company. I inherited a Sunnova from the previous homeowner and it is TERRIBLY undersized and EXPENSIVE. The system does not produce enough solar energy and when they have you locked in to their 20 year contract you are TOTALLY screwed. I have called multiple times and want to know why other similar houses have bigger systems, why between my solar and energy bill combined I am paying more than other similar or even larger homes and what can be done. They always "open a case" but have NEVER once called me back. I called AGAIN today to check in and they just said, call our local partner Trinity Solar. They always make sure to remind you of the contract though and that you either buy it out or bend over. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE. Horrific customer service and just use the contract as a way to negate that the system sucks, they don't respond and changes can never be made without additional costs. I cannot wait until these things are gone. Praying a hurricane rips them off!

May 10, 2019

Thank you for your feedback Eliezer. We are sorry to hear that this was your experience with Sunnova. This is not the typical Sunnova experience, our drive is to make solar hassle-free by being attentive when explaining the product to our customers.. Can you please send me a private message with your system ID and a phone number where we can reach you? We will look into this right away. Thank You. ^OA

John

October 20th, 2018 Waterford, CT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

So far, just a couple of weeks in, things are going pretty poorly. A third of the panels weren't working after install and, even though it was the install company that told us this, nobody crew was sent to fix things until I called. I was told by the install company that I'm still on the hook for for full payment even if the equipment isn't working. Starting to look like one of the worst decisions I've made in my fifty years on the planet... more to come.

Nov 02, 2018

Hello John, We would like to review your account and address any billing concern you might have. Could you please send us a private message with your system id and/or phone number to contact you? Thank you! KM

J Heim

October 18th, 2018 Newton, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Our Solar system has never worked adequetly for the past 3 years. We were over sold . made false promises. Lies To. Promises never kept. Damaged Roof. I have never received 1 Hour of SOlar Energy Credie

Oct 18, 2018

Hello J Heim, we are here to assist you. Could you please send us a private message with your system id or contact information? Thank You!

Noel M. Baitlon

October 17th, 2018

Your staffs are so professionals any asked info. Well answered and informative

Oct 25, 2018

Thank You Noel! we appreciate your positive feedback!

Gary Margulis

October 16th, 2018 Northfield, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My system worked at less than 100% of guaranteed production for the 1st 3 years. Not as promised by the salesman - but not terrible. My inverter stopped working in the spring. They replaced the inverter after 5 weeks with what appeared to be a used inverter. My system has produced at third of guaranteed production since July 2018. I have complained to Sunnova regularly this summer. I was most recently told that the problem was "weather and other factors." I now check my inveter every day and usually find that it is not producing. My salesman told me there was a warranty on the contract and nothing to worry about. I pay my lease faithfully (and have high electric bills). Sunnova is not honoring the warranty. I have open CASE # 01118014 with Sunnova but I'm left with frustration and disappointment. I'm not saving money or the environment if my system is not producing. I am going to be selling my home and I'm worried.

Oct 17, 2018

Thank you for reaching out. Gary, we value your feedback and will use it to improve. Our operations team has confirmed that a new work order has been issued to service your system. We will be contacting you to provide further information. We appreciate your patience.

Sam

October 14th, 2018 El Mirage, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had Sunnova install solar panels on my house about 3 years ago. If I could rate them negative stars I would. They customer support does nothing to solve issues- I called them to see if my panels were working, and they confirmed everything was running efficiently based on their side. However, It turns put my panels weren't even on! Before I had the panels installed, I'd pay my APS bill the maximum payments of $250. After installing, I pay two bills, the APS bill AND Sunnova. My APS bill is now doubled what it was ($440) . I live in the sunniest part of Arizona, you'd think that'd help save some cash! The first time I decided to cancel the solar panels were even before they had installed them, but the company sent me back the salesman and he informed me that they'd charge me a cancelation fee of $10,000. I would not recommend this company to anyone.

Oct 16, 2018

Thank you for reaching out, Sam. We would like to review your account and address your questions. Could you please send us a private message or email to with your system id and contact information where we can reach you?

Kris

October 12th, 2018 Oceanport, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Difficult to maneuver all the sites and registrations to start up the system and start earning. No contact with any of the people we started with so we could understand it all easily and make it go smoothly. We felt like we had to fend for ourselves and figure it out alone.

Oct 13, 2018

Thank you for reaching out Kris, we are here to assist you. Could you please send us a private message with your contact information or system id? We will be glad to contact you and address your questions. ^KM

Brenda Collins

October 9th, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I am giving a zero rating for customer support for Sunnova. I have been calling for a month or longer because our condo association is getting new roofs due to storm damage. I was told they would get a "quote" to determine what it will cost ME to pay for removal and reinstallation of the panels. My lease does not even mention anything about this being a cost to me. I was given a verbal quote of over $3k by phone but have yet to receive a copy of the quote. I was just recently told that I have to approve the quote before I can work with the installer partner to find out if they can even schedule to do the work in time. I have been so frustrated and stressed out by this totally non-support I would never refer even my enemies to this company. After spending over $3k for this removal and install, every amount I could save on electricity will be lost for the rest of the life of my lease and I have only lived in my home for one year.

Oct 11, 2018

Thank you for reaching out Brenda, we are sorry to hear about your experience and would like to assist you. We will be contacting you tomorrow at the contact number on file. ^KM

Rachael

October 7th, 2018 Capitol Heights, MD

Sunnova is a very reliable company, they did neat and perfect job throughout the process of the installation of my solar system.

Oct 09, 2018

Thank you, Rachael! we are excited to welcome you to the Sunnova family. We appreciate the positive feedback.

Jill J.

October 3rd, 2018 Clinton, CT

Trinity Solar was the company that set everything up they work along with sunnova, my panels were installed a month earlier than expected! Love them as they are not hideous looking. Sunnova did all the leg work like getting permits, approval from the town and electric company, inspections and meter switching

Oct 05, 2018

Thank You, Jill, we are constantly working on making the installation process as hassle-free as possible. We appreciate your positive review. Welcome to the Sunnova Family!

Christopher Green

September 26th, 2018 Rancho Cucamonga, CA

My experience with Sunnova has been great. The representative that we worked with was great and knowledgeable. The Solar representative that initially began the process explained every step that would be taking place with the process of adding solar to our home. He explained that the interface with Sunnova would take place and be a very quick and smooth process. It certainly was. I would recommend Sunnova to others as well.

Sep 27, 2018

Thank you for sharing your story Christopher! we are thrilled you made the decision to go solar. Welcome to the Sunnova family!

Robert O'Donnell

September 25th, 2018 Bethpage, NY

I found some things confusing at 'inspection time'. I receive from my electric co. (PSEG) a letter stating "I" had to arrange for connections; I did not expect this. A call to Trinity resolved this issue. I find issue with the number of companies involved, i.e. Sunnova, Trinity, and a few others like the installers, etc.. These companies seem to be located all over the U.S.A. I'm confused with the meaning of a Email received from Sunnova indicating, in essence, I will receive two (2) "bills" monthly; one from Sunnova (I guess) and another from the utility co. Haven't I signed up for automatic payment to Trinity/Sunnova?? However, I found talking with all persons, Sales Rep. Daygon, Office person, 'Steph', and the installers pleasing , and helpful.

Nov 02, 2018

Thank you for reaching out Robert! We value your feedback and will use it to improve. We will be contacting you within the following hour to address any concerns you might have regarding your solar panels system. KM

Corie Swarts

September 21st, 2018 Riverside, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Do you really want to hear it... Lets see I put the solar system on my roof with promises that I was going to save money, save the environment yadda yadda yadda.... I was promised I was going to be under a warranty that if I wasn't producing more than I was using they would come out and add more panels with no problems. YEAH RIGHT!! Well first year my electric bill at the end of the year was over $500.00 not including the monthly fee I paid of around $100.00 for the system. I called they told me oh that's because you didn't have the system a full year and didn't produce enough during the winter months. OK so .... My second year comes and goes well now I owe over $700.00 to Edison and still paying that monthly fee to Sunnova which has now increased. I call and they say oh well lets do an audit but you have to send us 1 year of bills from pre-solar and 1 year of recent electric bills. OK so I go and pull all these electric bills and scan each one and email them all over as instructed. It takes them several weeks to get back to me and then when they do the girl has a total attitude tells me my problem is that I am using more electricity now than I did back then. Well thats great unfortunately its been a hot summer and with the local fires and my asthma I have to have it running. Anyways I ask her if we can add more panels and ensure we get are producing enough. She tells me she will have to talk to another department and get back to me. A few weeks goes by I hear nothing I call and am sent to her voicemail I leave a message and wait a few more days guess what no word. So I call customer service the guy is super nice and understanding but says I have to talk to her. UGH so I leave more messages for her and well after doing this a few more times she answers and tells me the same story I heard before but this time she tells me someone from the other department will call me back. YEAH right I still haven't heard from them and when I call not they pass me around like a hot potato and I have gotten nowhere. SO NOW I just want the crap off my roof so I can find someone that knows what they are doing to come do this. Oh did I mention we are only like four months into the new year of coverage and guess what I already owe the electric company nearly $700.00 and of course Sunnova increased my monthly payment to them. SO WHEN DOES THAT SAVINGS START????? WHEN DO I GET A REBATE OR ANYTHING???? Save yourself a lot of headache and a lot of money and GO SOMEWHERE ELSE DO NOT USE SUNNOVA!!!

Sep 26, 2018

Hello Corie, we are sorry to hear about your experience and would like to address your concerns. Could you please provide us with your system id and contact information on a private message? Thank you!

bill donohue

September 18th, 2018 Paso Robles, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I am a zealot at turning off lights, electrical anything yet still I pay Sunnova a hefty bill every month and twice a year I pay a true up that amounts to about $200.00 a month in electrical charges. This is the worst deal I've ever had, and the worst part is that I had to buy it as it came with the house. I had no option to say no.

Sep 19, 2018

Hello Bill, We would like to review your account and assist you with any concern you might have regarding your system performance. Please send us a private message with your system Id and contact information. Thank You!

Joseph G Fermaint

September 15th, 2018 Staten Island, NY

Great customer service . Whenever there is a problem or question I'm always able to get through speak to representative and get my problem solved

Sep 18, 2018

Thank you Joseph, we aim to provide a great customer service. We appreciate your positive feedback!

maria garcia-Roque

September 12th, 2018

Installed 3 years now. Nada,nothing,zilch. The worse. Do not reccomend. Now selling my home giving me problems to take off. Had to get a lawyer. They lied from the beginning. Went through that horrible hurricane maria. No lights. What's the sense of having solar,then? I want these things off. Impeding the sale of my home. Never got to use,because they installed and never turned us on. Always some excuse. Now we want them off and they say they're obsolete.

Sep 13, 2018

Hello Maria, thanks for bringing this to our attention. Could you please send us a private message with your system id and contact information? We would like to review your account and assist you. KM

Theresa

August 30th, 2018 The Bronx, NY

Really valuable experience. Things went smoothly well. Always kept your promise. I can’t wait to enjoy my savings.

Sep 06, 2018

Hello Theresa, we are excited to welcome you to the Sunnova Family! We appreciate your positive feedback.

Erin MacDonnell

August 29th, 2018 North Haven, CT

The staff was professional and kept me up to date with emails.

Aug 31, 2018

Hello Erin,, we are excited to welcome you to the Sunnova family! We are so happy to hear your experience reflected what we strive for. We appreciate your positive feedback.

Irene Buchalter

August 28th, 2018 Sicklerville, NJ

It took too long to get it up and running. I never expected it to take more than six months and dozens of phone calls. I hope that its worth

Sep 06, 2018

Thanks for reaching out Irene, we value your feedback and will use it to improve. An email has been sent to your email address on file with your customer portal web access information to track your system production online. Welcome to the Sunnova Family !

Traci ciraolo

August 28th, 2018 Vineland, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Where do I begin? It’s been since sept 2017 I purchased two systems with this company. Neither system is producing properly for the first five months I was producing and the electric company wasn’t seeing production now they see a partial production! No one cares call every day I’ve had wrong install, wrong meters, they fired the install company will it was being installed no one to call no one listens please please don’t go with this company

Sep 12, 2018

Hello Traci, thank you for reaching out, we are here to assist you. Could you please send us a private message with your systems numbers and contact information? We will review your account and contact you to address your concerns.

Norberto Rodriguez

August 27th, 2018 New Haven, CT

Everything they said they were going to do, they did it. Professionally and in a timely manner. I recommend Sunnova to anyone interested in seeing the power of the sun lower your electric bill.

Aug 28, 2018

Thank you for your note Norberto, We are thrilled that you are now a member of the Sunnova family!

Carolyn Forbes

August 23rd, 2018 Shippensburg, PA

Dropping the ball at the end. I was called that the system was on but no one has a record and to register i need a system id . You've lost me i don't know what to do?

Aug 25, 2018

Hello Carolyn, we are sorry to hear you were having difficulties creating your customer portal account. We have created it for you An email has been sent to you with all the details.. We aim to provide the best customer service experience, please contact us if you need further assistance. KM

Brendan Haugh

August 23rd, 2018 The Bronx, NY

Everything going great install went smoothly and roof install went smooth

Aug 25, 2018

Hello Brendan, we are excited to welcome you to the Sunnova. family We are so happy to hear your experience reflected what we strive for. We appreciate the positive feedback. KM

Robert M Nathanson

August 22nd, 2018 Hampton, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Seven Months ago the local contractor discovered damage to the wiring caused by squirrels. The contractor opted to shut down the system for safety reasons. (Much appreciated) Since then it has been explained to me that I would still be responsible for monthly payments as the contract is a lease and only guarantees production over a three year period. At the end of that period Sunnova would refund for any shortfall in production. I guess the lease doesn't guarantee a working system. Five months later (two months ago) the local contractor removed the panels which are now stored in my garage. There the remain while we await Sunnova to come up with a solution. Upon removing the panels the contractor discovered damage which was a result of the system. So, here we are after 7 months of no service, roof damage, no proposed solution and my garage unusable since it now serves as a Sunnova warehouse. Of course, Sunnova still collects it's monthly payment. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!!!!!!

Aug 25, 2018

Thank you for reaching out Robert. We are sorry to hear this roof issue has taken longer than expected to be addressed. We appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention, we use all customer comments to improve the customer service experience program. An agent will be contacting you within the following hour. KM

rick arts

August 20th, 2018 Garden Valley, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

IS THERE A NEG. WORSE COMPANY EVER. DONT GET WORSE, THEY INCREASE YOUR FEES, DONT EVER SENT ANYONE ELSE, HATE THEM LIKE OUT FOR GOOD, SERVICE AND PRODUCT SUCK . THEY NEVER RETURN CALLS

Aug 31, 2018

Thank you for bringing this to our attention Rick, I noticed one of our agents have spoken with you. We will be contacting you in the following hour to address any further questions or concern you might have.

Dan Maciel

August 18th, 2018 Placerville, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is my third year with this company. The system I originally agreed to was not put on my roof. It was a few month later when I learned they installed a smaller system instead. The system has not produced anywhere close to what has been guaranteed. My bill has not lowered at all with my monthly payment to them and true up. I just get the run around when I call the company. I was never given a tutorial on how to use my system. All around I regret using this company...I wish I would have read reviews before deciding to agree to a 25 year lease. Buyer beware!!!

Aug 21, 2018

Thank you for your feedback, Dan. We are sorry to hear that this was your experience with Sunnova. This is not the typical Sunnova experience, our drive is to make solar hassle-free by being attentive when explaining the product to our potential customers. We do appreciate your patience and one of our specialists will contact you soon to help get this issue resolved.

carlos rios

August 17th, 2018

It took almost 2 years to install and setup. Really upset about it.

Aug 21, 2018

Thanks for reaching out, Carlos. Our goal is to provide an exceptional installation experience. We value your feedback and will use it to improve. Thank you for helping us create more homes that are energy independent!

DamianGarcia

August 3rd, 2018 Olivehurst, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Absolutely horrible. I was basically scammed and lied to. The worst decision I have ever made. They said they could lower my bill from $180 a month. I averaged $300 last year with the monthly payment and true up. The system stopped working for the first year for about 6 months, but I still had to pay. They just continue to lie. I can't believe I have 21 more years of hell left from this company. I want to sell or rent my house in the near future and I already know that I am going to have difficulties.

Aug 03, 2018

Hello Damian, thanks for bringing this to our attention,. Can you please send us a private message with your system id or phone number associated with your account? A customer service agent will reach out within the following hour. Thank You.

James C Galbraith

August 3rd, 2018 Pearblossom, CA

Well I appreciate the fact that you leap me informed always about what was going on concerning Solar installation.And how great it will be once it’s up and running,also along with Solarspectum you let me know when I would be up and generating power. Had a few inspection hold ups but was all worked out.

Aug 03, 2018

Thank you for your review James, We work hard to make sure you understand every part of the installation process . We are thrilled that you're now a member of the Sunnova family!

Walter Geary

August 1st, 2018 Baldwin, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

As of today I do not have power. These panels were installed on June 7th and nothing has worked. Today Trinity was at my house and checked on a problem with the inverter. What they found was that all the panels have to be replaced do to a faulty installation. I would like to have this issue addressed ASAP

Aug 01, 2018

Thank you for bringing this to our attention Walter, we will look into this ASAP with our partner. We will provide you with an update today. ^KM

floyd watson

July 31st, 2018 Laguna Hills, CA

Still in a learning curve. Not sure when my production actually started. Haven't received the first bill.

Jul 31, 2018

Hello Floyd, we aim to provide the best customer service experience, and we are constantly working to make the solar system in service phase as easy as possible. Will send you a detailed email with the production and billing information to the email address on file. Welcome to the Sunnova family!

John Craighill

July 28th, 2018 Annapolis, MD

Outstanding all around. Full solar service installed in record time, one month from start to finish. Sunnova and Trinity kept us informed as the process moved from inception to completion. Looking forward to working with the professionals at Trinity and Sunnova as we generate electricity to support the State of Maryland green initiatives.

Jul 31, 2018

Hello John, we are excited to welcome you to the Sunnova family! We work hard to make the switch to solar hassle-free, and we are so happy to hear your experience reflected what we strive for. We appreciate your positive feedback.

Linda Calabresr

July 25th, 2018 Neptune City, NJ

Excellent service. Fast & very professional.

Jul 27, 2018

Thank you Linda, We aim to provide the best customer experience , We appreciate your positive feedback. ^KM

David Aparicio

July 10th, 2018 Montebello, CA

They take a long a long time ( setting dates after previous visits) to get things set up , actually the structural part was set up but the hookup takes a while and our yard looks like crap thanks to them. its been over 2 months maybe three we nave been waiting for them to finish the job. They show us a rating off five stars from their brochure. The people that set up the panels were very kind, but it's all a matter of tome when the inspector gets there to approve the work which is about a months wait another crew shows up a couple weeks later to install panels boxes for electrical. Were still waiting since early April it is now July.

Jul 27, 2018

Hello David, thank you for reaching out. We are sorry for the delay on placing your system in service. We would like to review your account and provide further details and updates. Could you please provide your system Id or contact number on a private message? Regards. ^KM

Stephen Jackson

July 2nd, 2018 Fairfield, CA

In my opinion, Sunnova runs their business similar like a gangster mafia. Sunnova illegally put me on a Solar contract on a home that I owned. The contract was under my tenant. I was never shown a contract. I never signed any document with Sunnova. I communicated with them about Solar. I never consented to the Solar. I never paid them any payments. When I planned to sell the property I called Sunnova to see what their plans were to sell and spoke to Bianca. Bianca was extremely rude and not helpful what so ever. From that conversation a UCC recording was filed against my property under the tenants name. This filing scared 1 buyer away and the other buyer the sale was successful but the title company withheld the proceeds until they got to the bottom of Sunnova's gangster policies. Never I mean never do business with this company!!