Solar Spectrum verified Companies can verify their Best Company profile through contacting us. Once a company profile has been claimed and verified by Best Company, we work with the company to ensure the information on our site is as accurate as possible.

8.9

Call Now

8.9

Call Now

With so many solar companies out there, it can be difficult to know which one provides the most value for you as a consumer. That's why we've done the hard research—so you don't have to. We've weighed the pros and the cons and found Solar Spectrum to be one of the top competitors in the industry.

Prior to April 2017, Solar Spectrum operated under the name Sungevity.

The Good

• Several Financing Options
  • Helpful iQuote Tool
  • Informative Mobile App
  • Highly Rated Customer Service

Several Financing Options

Solar Spectrum offers several solar financing options, which means that obtaining a home solar system through Solar Spectrum is possible for customers of all budgets. With Solar Spectrum's loan, lease, and PPA payment options, customers can go solar for zero to little down. Each of these options comes with 24/7 system monitoring, a 25-year manufacturer warranty on the panels, and a 20-year system warranty that encompasses the inverter and workmanship. For customers who are looking for the plan with the most long-term savings, buying the system outright is probably the best option. Customers pay for the system upfront, but then they own the system and reap the long-term rewards.

Helpful iQuote Tool

Solar Spectrum's iQuote tool allows customers to get a personalized quote quickly. After answering a few questions over the phone with a Solar Spectrum rep, the iQuote tool can view the roof of the customer's home, track the amount of sunlight that hits their house, and give them an accurate picture of how their panels will look and function. iQuote can also show customers how much they are going to save with each payment option.

Informative Mobile App

With the Solar Spectrum mobile app, customers have information about their solar system at their fingertips. Whether customers have an Android or an iOS device, the Solar Spectrum app allows them to track how much energy their panels are producing and how much power they are using from anywhere in the world. In addition to giving customers the ability to monitor their system, the Solar Spectrtum app lets users contact customer service and earn rewards by referring friends and family through the app.

Highly Rated Customer Service

Solar Spectrum has received several reviews on our site praising its customer service. Consumers are saying that Solar Spectrum's customer service team is professional, helpful, and quick to reply to questions and requests. Solar Spectrum also offers helpful options for clients who need to move before the contract terms have expired, including assigning the energy plan to the new homeowner; prepaying the remaining payments and assigning the non-financial obligations to the new homeowner; and purchasing the remaining time on the lease, terminating the lease, and asking the company to remove the system.

Considering doing business with Solar Spectrum? Click here.

The Bad

• Lack of Site Information
  • Limited Availability

Lack of Site Information

Solar Spectrum has a lack of solar system information available on its website. While a basic explanation of each system component is provided, more technical specifications of the system are nowhere to be found. Solar Spectrum's FAQ section is sparse and does little to fully educate consumers on the value the company can offer. Solar Spectrum's website lacks a live chat option, which could provide quick and easy access to important company information.

Limited Availability

Solar Spectrum is currently only available in the following nine states: California, Colorado, Connecticut, Washington DC, Delaware, Massachusetts, Maryland, New Jersey, and New York. This limits the number of customers who have the opportunity to go solar with Solar Spectrum.

The Bottom Line

Solar Spectrum is a highly recommended option for consumers who are considering a home solar system to look into. If you live in one of the states where the company services, its multiple financing options, proprietary iQuote tool, insightful Solar Spectrum app, and top notch customer service are hard to beat.

Interested in going solar with Solar Spectrum? Click here.

Call our recommended rep over at Solar Spectrum below.

4.1

October 23rd, 2017 1760

Because they had a reasonable price and we felt comofortable they would offer a good product and service.

October 23rd, 2017 95301

I was initially impressed with their follow through.

October 23rd, 2017 95322

good online reviews, persistent sales without being overly pushy.

October 23rd, 2017 2538

highest review. very very knowledgeable sales person, very professional and personable. step-by-step direction and instruction

October 23rd, 2017 1505

Initially I was impressed with solar spectrum was easy making an appointment yet we never had a sales rep contact us

October 23rd, 2017 12180

liked it, more coopertiva than solar city

October 23rd, 2017 93446

They had good reviews. My initial impression was good. Jarrett was the initial contact and was professional yet felt like family.

October 23rd, 2017 95648

Unkown, had not business with them before. Chosen due to an advertisement.

October 23rd, 2017 92880

I them based on internet reviews. I was looking for a company with a reputation for honesty.

October 23rd, 2017 95728

at first the person seemed very professional, promised to call me - this was about 3 months ago - never heard from Solar Spectrum since

October 23rd, 2017 11554

they are pushy and disorganized. I set expectations for when I could talk to them and received a number of additional calls at inconvenient times and no one seemed to know that I had arranged an appointed time to speak with them.

October 23rd, 2017 91931

They failed to do the job. I chose them because they were rated #1.

October 23rd, 2017 93560

confident, but, did not continue buying because representative did not send an email explaining the process of how the panels were attached to the roof.

October 23rd, 2017 1077

I would have to say that both my sales rep and project manger acted very professional. At first I was very worried because of all the other solar companies. But if your looking to purchase this is the company to got with.

October 23rd, 2017 92129

Good, I choose Spectrum based on online review.

October 23rd, 2017 7751

During the sales process they were good. Alos you has a good resting for them

October 23rd, 2017 90807

They seemed like they were flying by the seat of their pants. The person who answered the phone was constantly checking over his shoulder to someone about answers. When I told him the type of material for my roof he paused for 10 seconds then said they could not help me. I ended up with another solution so I know my roof supports pannels.

October 23rd, 2017 90807

October 23rd, 2017 91324

Best reviews but then the sales person was annoying and kept calling even after I asked him to stop!

October 23rd, 2017 91324