Solar Spectrum

Call Now Visit Site

Solar Spectrum verified Companies can verify their Best Company profile through contacting us. Once a company profile has been claimed and verified by Best Company, we work with the company to ensure the information on our site is as accurate as possible.

With so many solar companies out there, it can be difficult to know which one provides the most value for you as a consumer. That's why we've done the hard research—so you don't have to. We've weighed the pros and the cons and found Solar Spectrum to be one of the top competitors in the industry.

Prior to April 2017, Solar Spectrum operated under the name Sungevity.

The Good

• Several Financing Options
  • Helpful iQuote Tool
  • Informative Mobile App
  • Highly Rated Customer Service

Several Financing Options

Solar Spectrum offers several solar financing options, which means that obtaining a home solar system through Solar Spectrum is possible for customers of all budgets. With Solar Spectrum's loan, lease, and PPA payment options, customers can go solar for zero to little down. Each of these options comes with 24/7 system monitoring, a 25-year manufacturer warranty on the panels, and a 20-year system warranty that encompasses the inverter and workmanship. For customers who are looking for the plan with the most long-term savings, buying the system outright is probably the best option. Customers pay for the system upfront, but then they own the system and reap the long-term rewards.

Helpful iQuote Tool

Solar Spectrum's iQuote tool allows customers to get a personalized quote quickly. After answering a few questions over the phone with a Solar Spectrum rep, the iQuote tool can view the roof of the customer's home, track the amount of sunlight that hits their house, and give them an accurate picture of how their panels will look and function. iQuote can also show customers how much they are going to save with each payment option.

Informative Mobile App

With the Solar Spectrum mobile app, customers have information about their solar system at their fingertips. Whether customers have an Android or an iOS device, the Solar Spectrum app allows them to track how much energy their panels are producing and how much power they are using from anywhere in the world. In addition to giving customers the ability to monitor their system, the Solar Spectrtum app lets users contact customer service and earn rewards by referring friends and family through the app.

Highly Rated Customer Service

Solar Spectrum has received several reviews on our site praising its customer service. Consumers are saying that Solar Spectrum's customer service team is professional, helpful, and quick to reply to questions and requests. Solar Spectrum also offers helpful options for clients who need to move before the contract terms have expired, including assigning the energy plan to the new homeowner; prepaying the remaining payments and assigning the non-financial obligations to the new homeowner; and purchasing the remaining time on the lease, terminating the lease, and asking the company to remove the system.

Considering doing business with Solar Spectrum? Click here.

The Bad

• Lack of Site Information
  • Limited Availability

Lack of Site Information

Solar Spectrum has a lack of solar system information available on its website. While a basic explanation of each system component is provided, more technical specifications of the system are nowhere to be found. Solar Spectrum's FAQ section is sparse and does little to fully educate consumers on the value the company can offer. Solar Spectrum's website lacks a live chat option, which could provide quick and easy access to important company information.

Limited Availability

Solar Spectrum is currently only available in 10 states, which limits the number of customers who have the opportunity to go solar with Solar Spectrum.

The Bottom Line

Solar Spectrum is a highly recommended option for consumers who are considering a home solar system to look into. Although Solar Spectrum is not available in every state and has a limited amount of information regarding equipment on its site, its multiple financing options, proprietary iQuote tool, insightful Solar Spectrum app, and top notch customer service are hard to beat.

Interested in going solar with Solar Spectrum? Click here.

Call our recommended rep over at Solar Spectrum below.

402 Solar Spectrum Reviews

1. Select Your Rating

2. Subject For This Review * (Select all that apply)

0 characters

3. Review Validation*

Best Company

Thanks for submitting your review!

Best Company

Thanks for submitting your review!

Next Step: Verify your email

We have sent a verification email to the following email address:

September 5th, 2017 Santa Maria, CA

Our representative, Scott, was fantastic. He provided us with great information and the pricing was very competitive. Really worked with all of our concerns and patiently waited for over 6 months to make our final decision. Highly recommend.

9 5

August 21st, 2017 Salem, MA

My wife and I have experience excellent customer service right from the beginning process of obtaining our solar system from Solar Spectrum, every person we spoke with was a pleasure to talk to. Every time we called with a question it was answered right way and every time we called there was always someone that picked up the phone. Thank you Ashley!!, Thank you Solar Spectrum!!

16 3

August 3rd, 2017 Newark, DE

Been waiting since May 2017. All paper work and agreements had been signed but here it is August 2017 and I still don't have any solar panels installed or a installation date. Did Sungevity filling for bankruptcy have anything to do with this?

42 6

August 2nd, 2017 West Hartford, CT

We still haven't decided for a company because my wife and I have different priorities right now, but the information was great! We couldn't have been happier with the representative's knowledge and offer. Actually, the reason we looked into them was because they were one of the highest rated companies providing solar energy in our area.

15 12

August 2nd, 2017 Winnetka, CA

The representative was very informative. He gave everything in detail, so I was happy with that. I haven't decided which company I'm going to go with yet, but he definitely explained the solar system, and why it was a good idea to go solar. He was very nice, and I even know more than I knew before talking to him, however, I'm still going to look at all the information before deciding for a company.

10 11

August 2nd, 2017 Clovis, CA

They're good people. I actually went with them because they were number one on the internet. It's all been a very positive experience!

16 8

August 2nd, 2017 Leemore, CA

So far, everybody that I've dealt with has been very nice and helpful. Plus, they have a good rating on the internet. I am one of their customers now!

15 6

August 2nd, 2017 Glen Burnie, MD

Although they have a good rating and their representatives were just fine, I decided not to sign up with them. They didn't offer enough saving.

15 6

July 28th, 2017 Trenton, NJ

Christina was tremendous as my project manager. She handled everything from start to finish and made the whole going Solar a pleasure. The process is always a little murky when dealing with your township but she kept me in the loop and let me know when I needed to step in and handle things. Very pleased with the customer service. Jeff W was the guy that came out to explain everything and he was fantastic. The system went live today so can't say anything about how it works yet but happy so far.

14 4

July 27th, 2017

Rob was great, very informative, he was able to pull our house up online and walk me through his presentation about Solar Spectrum over the phone and computer. Since we are out in the country that was very innovative. In the end we decided to go with a local, family owned company but Rob was respectful of our decision which was appreciated.

10 4

July 26th, 2017 Orange, CA

This review is for their Sales rep, not their product. Scott G helped me from the start and even though I chose to go with another local family owned operation, I'm writing this review because Scott deserves high praise for his product knowledge and professionalism. He explained everything to me in detail and was easy to understand and always returned my calls and emails promptly. Unlike some other solar reps I dealt with, he stayed in communication with me till the very end even after I told him I was going in another direction. He followed up to make sure I didn't have any regrets and made the decision very difficult for me. It showed me that he truly believes in his product and stands by it and I would recommend anyone to work with him.

16 4

July 24th, 2017 Westerly, RI

Turnkey purchase of Sungevity & dropped all service

16 17

June 30th, 2017

I like the fact that everything is handled on line and that updates are frequent. My sales rep, Kyle M, is extremely responsive which I appreciate, he even answers late at night if needed.

18 5

June 30th, 2017 Monrovia, CA

I really appreciate the education I received from Amory about solar, both the about the panels and the service with the utility. I am absolutely convinced that Solar Spectrum has the best product and the best service. Several other companies called/emailed after I communicated with Solar Spectrum and none matched their quality of product nor knowledge. Unfortunately, with my low electrical usage and the limited likelihood that I'll still own this house 10 years from now, I've decided to not move forward with solar. If I decide to put in solar, Solar Spectrum would be my only choice. My rating is a 9 rather than 10 only because I chose not to experience the full cycle of their service.

20 7

June 24th, 2017

OK, So, I work for a company that purchased a system from Sungevty that cost over 225,000.00 The installation went well, we purchased the extended service package at a 7K premium. The system is installed and about 3 months later the company declares bankruptcy. Now I have a system which needs a bit of service without anyone to service it. Truthfully Sungevity treated the installing contractor much worse than my company by not paying them for my install which I personally feel horrible about. However, we paid a significant amount of cash for a service plan which is money wasted at this point. HERES THE DEAL. WHY IS THIS WEBISTE RATING THIS COMPANY FAVORABLY? THEY NO LONGER HAVE EMPLOYEES TO SERVICE CURRENT OR POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS. STAY AWAY OR THROW YOUR MONEY IN THE GARBAGE WHICHEVER YOU PREFER.

95 11

June 19th, 2017

Had a wonderful experience with Evan M. He was knowledgeable , easy to talk too, and the best thing is his honesty. If you are looking for a straight shooter, Evan is your guy. Thanks for the nice experience. Darrell

5 8

June 6th, 2017 West Warwick, RI

I had a Solar Company ( Different company) come to my house with a pitch to install a Solar System. I have been looking into Solar as an option for some time now. I was very happy with what the gentleman showed me and wanted to compare prices of other Solar installers. I looked up the top rated Solar companies in RI and Solar Spectrum came up as number1. I gave them a call and was connected to a Customer service person who was MUCH more than I could have hoped for. Very knowledgeable and even after I told her that I needed a ground mount (which they don't install) she continued to help me get what information I need. For a company that could not sell me a system, she was amazing and getting me the facts I need to make a reasonable decision. Thanks for all your help Deanna you a perfect model for a Great Customer Service Person. Keep up the Great Work. I would have given them a 10 if I could have bought the system from them. Sincerely Pete

14 3

May 19th, 2017 Canyon Country, CA

Don't trust them. They just announced, they will not honor warranty from Sungevity. They can do that to you also in short time!

33 5

May 18th, 2017 Gilroy, CA

I have been trying to refinance my home,but because of Lien on the home for Solar equipment and the bankruptcy of sungevity that is supposedly solar spectrum and or Kina ole capital and not able to get anyone to call back from any of these companies. They say leave a message and will get right back to you! Bullshit!!! I cannot get a clean title so I am being held hostage to these companies! It is costing me extra money for everyday I can't complete my refinance that I have approval for except for this title deal!

39 6

May 16th, 2017 Bay Shore, NY

They called in less than a minute then cancelled one quote appt. after another and promised to call after each one but never did. I had to call them and the rep. said they lost their leasing company but would have another last week. Here we are in another week and no call and no contact. If I am having this much trouble BEFORE they get a contract and money I can't imagine what will happen after they have a signed contract.

25 5