Solar Spectrum verified Companies can verify their Best Company profile through contacting us. Once a company profile has been claimed and verified by Best Company, we work with the company to ensure the information on our site is as accurate as possible.

8.9

Call Now

With so many solar energy companies out there, it can be difficult to know which one provides the most value for you as a consumer. That's why we've done the hard research—so you don't have to. We've weighed the pros and the cons and found Solar Spectrum to be one of the top competitors in the industry. Read on to discover The Good, The Bad, and The Bottom Line about Solar Spectrum, as well as view Solar Spectrum reviews from real customers.

Prior to April 2017, Solar Spectrum operated under the name Sungevity.

The Good

• Several Financing Options
  • Helpful iQuote Tool
  • Customized Solar Solutions
  • Lengthy Warranties
  • Informative Mobile App
  • Highly Rated Customer Service

Several Financing Options

Solar Spectrum offers several solar financing options, which means that obtaining a home solar system through Solar Spectrum is possible for customers of all budgets. With Solar Spectrum's loan, lease, and PPA payment options, customers can go solar for zero to little down. Each of these options comes with 24/7 system monitoring, a 25-year manufacturer warranty on the panels, and a 20-year system warranty that encompasses the inverter and workmanship. For customers who are looking for the plan with the most long-term savings, buying the system outright is probably the best option. Customers pay for the system upfront, but then they own the system and reap the long-term rewards.

Helpful iQuote Tool

Solar Spectrum's iQuote tool allows customers to get a personalized quote quickly. After answering a few questions over the phone with a Solar Spectrum rep, the iQuote tool can view the roof of the customer's home, track the amount of sunlight that hits their house, and give them an accurate picture of how their solar panels will look and function. iQuote can also show customers how much they are going to save with each payment option.

Customized Solar Solutions

Solar Spectrum doesn't believe in cookie-cutter solar solutions. As a result, the company's professional advisors custom design every solar energy system to meet the needs and budget of the customer. Solar Spectrum uses sleek black-on-black solar panels and low-impact mounting hardware, and each of its solar energy systems is designed to accommodate multiple storage options and other functionalities, such as EV chargers, so customers can add those features now or in the future.

Lengthy Warranties

Solar Spectrum offers a number of different warranties to ensure that its customers and their solar energy systems are taken care of. The company provides a 25-year equipment warranty, which covers the panels, inverter, and other equipment; a 25-year performance warranty, which guarantees a certain level of energy output; and a 20-year workmanship warranty, which covers the labor and installation.

Informative Mobile App

With the Solar Spectrum mobile app, customers have information about their solar system at their fingertips. Whether customers have an Android or an iOS device, the Solar Spectrum app allows them to track how much energy their solar panels are producing and how much power they are using from anywhere in the world. In addition to giving customers the ability to monitor their system, the Solar Spectrum app lets users contact customer service and earn rewards by referring friends and family through the app.

Highly Rated Customer Service

The Solar Spectrum reviews on our site, which have been submitted by real customers, shed some light on the company's business practices and praise Solar Spectrum for its customer service. Consumers are saying that Solar Spectrum's customer service team is professional, helpful, and quick to reply to questions and requests. Solar Spectrum also offers helpful options for clients who need to move before the contract terms have expired, including assigning the energy plan to the new homeowner; prepaying the remaining payments and assigning the non-financial obligations to the new homeowner; and purchasing the remaining time on the lease, terminating the lease, and asking the company to remove the system.

Considering doing business with Solar Spectrum? Click here.

The Bad

• Lack of Site Information
  • Limited Availability

Lack of Site Information

Solar Spectrum has a lack of solar system information available on its website. While a basic explanation of each system component is provided, more technical specifications of the system are nowhere to be found. Solar Spectrum's FAQ section is sparse and does little to fully educate consumers on the value the company can offer. Solar Spectrum's website lacks a live chat option, which could provide quick and easy access to important company information.

Limited Availability

Solar Spectrum is currently only available in the following nine states: California, Colorado, Connecticut, Washington DC, Delaware, Massachusetts, Maryland, New Jersey, and New York. This limits the number of customers who have the opportunity to go solar with Solar Spectrum.

The Bottom Line

Solar Spectrum is a highly recommended option for consumers who are considering a home solar system to look into. If you live in one of the states where the company services, its multiple financing options, proprietary iQuote tool, insightful Solar Spectrum app, and top notch customer service are hard to beat.

Interested in going solar with Solar Spectrum? Click here.

Call our recommended rep over at Solar Spectrum below.

4.1

Robert Johnson

February 23rd, 2018 San Bernardino, CA DETAILS

I really appreciate how thorough they were throughout the process. I came in knowing little to nothing on the subject and Edward helped me understand exactly how solar could help me. My system has up and running a few months now and am very satisfied.

James Myatt

February 22nd, 2018 Sonoma, CA

I looked at Solar late last year and got a few quotes from different companies. I looked at the different options that were in my area and Solar Spectrum really showed the value of their company and where it was heading. I spoke with Alex who helped me out the process and was very detailed from beginning to end. A couple other companies reps came to my house including sunrun and solar city, but I felt most comfortable with Alex as he explained things thoroughly and wasn't trying to oversell me. I actually got installed in less than 2 months. I really recommend this company for anyone looking at solar. Also they give a $1000 referral bonus for anyone I recommend!

Rachid

February 22nd, 2018 Pepperell, MA

The consultant was very clear on all what he was explaining. We talk about my need on solar energy and the existing program how I will benefit it. He took his time to clarify all the my questions.

Candace Thompson

February 21st, 2018 Santee, CA DETAILS

Referral fee not paid! I made a referral when (unbeknownst) to me, Sungevity (now Solar Spectrum) was being taken over by Sunrun. Subsequent to my referral, a contract was signed by my friends and a rather large solar system was purchased from Sungevity for their home. Neither Sunrun, Sungevity, nor Solar Spectrum ever made good on payment of the referral fee due me. I tried on numerous occasions to collect the referral fee, but was unsuccessful. Many of my calls were ignored, as were some of my emails. Sunrun pointed fingers to Sungevity as the responsible party, and Sungevity pointed to Sunrun. The only “collection” information I ever received (several months later) was that I could go to court and file as a creditor to get what was owed me. I did not...at this point it was not worth any more of my time or effort. And yes .... I believe this is what both companies expected. Create hassle for the victim to collect and chances are they won’t waste the time to do so. After a recent negative review I made against Sunrun, they again pointed to Sungevity for recourse, further advising that Sungevity was now Solar Spectrum. Other than attempting collection of my referral fee through court, the only other remedy I now have is to tell others about my experience and offer my opinion about these dishonest companies. Sungevity (Solar Spectrum) and Sunrun failed to provide the referral fee promised. They are not to be trusted, make hollow promises and simply don’t care. With all the companies now offering solar, I would suggest that a potential buyer look at other solar companies before contracting with Sunrun or Sungevity (Solar Spectrum), that a potential buyer find a solar company that (first and foremost) is loyal to their customers.

JP

February 21st, 2018 Oceanside, CA DETAILS

After initial contact no follow up contact

Disappointed

February 21st, 2018 Patchogue, NY DETAILS

Called and said my solar wouldnt work for my house but no reason given.

Marcus McDaniel

February 21st, 2018 Brentwood, CA DETAILS

Contact me while as at work. Said they would call back at an agreed upon time. Crickets

Kristin Brandt and Eric Evans

February 21st, 2018 DETAILS

Very good customer service, very knowledgeable, honest.

Steve Pratt

February 21st, 2018 Middletown, CT

Scott and the other members of his team were very knowledgeable about solar panels. Scott was very helpful and respectful and is extremely passionate about his work. If my HOA would allow me too, I would have already have panels installed.

matthew j howland

February 20th, 2018 North Dighton, MA

I got all the information I needed over a phone and on line presentation. Kyle was very helpful and explained all the intricacies of the systems and the benefits.

Julie Mascarenas

February 20th, 2018 Livermore, CA DETAILS

this is the worse customer service. this company is a former sungevity which went bankrupt and now this provider is my provider under a new name and does not respond to calls emails no matter how many times you try to get a hold of them. Buyer BEWARE!!!!!!

Brian potter

February 20th, 2018 Winchester, CA

After months of searching at different companies I really chose solar spectrum because they are very direct and explained every detailed part of the system. Alex did a great job following up and giving me all options possible that made the most financial sense. Although I didn’t get qualified for their financing, Alex worked hard and found a different program that worked for me. Very professional and was very transparent what to expect in the next couple months. Highly recommend this company to go solar.

Bret Rieffel

February 20th, 2018 White Water, CA DETAILS

Great customer service and quick installation. I highly recommend these guys!

Claudia Inacio

February 17th, 2018 Brockton, MA

Kyle was great help! He was quick and extremely helpful. I enjoyed working with him!

Cathy Morrison

February 17th, 2018 Lee's Summit, MO

Our roof isn't ideal for solar, but Kyle helped us understand how we can go solar, help the environment and have it make financial sense.

Elaine Pearson

February 17th, 2018 Healdsburg, CA

I spoke to Alex P. today and he explained everything and was very knowledgeable and patient. I’m just learning all the inns and outs of solar and he was very helpful.

John ODonnell

February 16th, 2018 Castaic, CA DETAILS

The initial sign up was very fast and easy. The financing through Mosaic was the best part of the experience. The problems I had with SolarSpectrum are: 1) When they showed up at my house it was in a dirty beat up truck with a different companies name on it and the person couldn't communicate very well. 2) The initial design was incorrect and the amount of power provided wouldn't come any where near what I needed. When I called to question their calculations the person was not happy and made me feel like it was my fault. In the end they admitted their calculations we're wrong and went about switching out the panels that would be used. 3) The emails they went were very confusing. One email said I needed to be home when they first showed up but it didn't have a date. I tried to call and get the date and was only able to leave a message. Then one day my wife called me at work and said they were here. I left work, drove 1 hour home, and found that they had already started and didn't really need me there. 4) After the installation no one explained the system to me or told me how to turn it on. I was left to read the manual and figure it out myself. It just seems like when you spend >30K for a system that it would warrant a little explanation. No one has called since to see how it's going either.

Bruce Burnett

February 15th, 2018 Orange, MA

good service,very informative & attentive.Checked in with me several times to make sure things were going smoothly.Overall,good experience.

Darrell Myers

February 14th, 2018 Visalia, CA DETAILS

Edward was easy to work with and we got exactly what we looking for. I highly recommend this company.

Moises Torrent

February 14th, 2018 Wallingford, CT

It turns out after speaking with Solar Spectrum that I was not actually able to go solar and save money. My solar consultant was very honest, knowledgeable and experienced in the industry and educated me on how it all works. The best part is I can still refer my friends family and neighbors and they'll get a $1000 discount and Solar Spectrum will send me a check to my mailbox for $1,000 for every referral! Awesome program they have. I will be circling back to solar Spectrum 100% hands down if my bills ever get high enough where going solar can save me money with no investment out of pocket. My bills are only $50 a month now but I know my rates will be raising over time. This is a stand-up company that won't try to deceive you just to get the sale, proceed with confidence.

John W. Hoffman

February 13th, 2018 West Babylon, NY

Enjoyed my experience discussing solar options with Jordan Jerkovich.He explained my options with no high pressure tactics.He was concerned about my questions and answered them in a courteous and professional manner.Would recommend this gentleman to others who are interested in going solar.Sincerely, John W. Hoffman

Lynn

February 13th, 2018 Newfield, NJ

Quin T. was the project manager for my solar project & I have nothing but praise for his professionalism. My project is almost to completion with just the final inspection and then the big turn on of the system. The project was not without its challenges and that is where Quin’s management skills came into play. At pretty much every hurdle Quin figured out a way to correct and move past the hurdle. I must admit there were a few tenuous moments I wasn’t sure the project would reach completion, but Quin persevered and followed the project to completion. I have to commend him for his calm demeanor and professional attitude throughout the project. I would categorize myself as a determined customer in that when something has been agreed upon I expect that commitment to be met. With that said Quin accomplished this challenge. He was a delight to work with on my Solar installation. At present I would recommend Solar Spectrum.

Bob G

February 13th, 2018 Sharon Springs, NY DETAILS

Scott was excellent on the phone, very knowledgeable about solar panels and the Solar Spectrum product line. The sales process was easy and the installation went "as advertised" as very smoothly. Since we installed solar panels on our house, we have not had to pay a bill for electricity as we generate just over what we use.

Micky Curry

February 5th, 2018 Massapequa Park, NY DETAILS

They were wrong on the number of panels allowed by code. When I pointed this out they swore they were right but alas, they were wrong.

Teri Christian

January 31st, 2018 Vacaville, CA

Waisted about 1.5hrs on the phone after researching solar. After asking Jacob G. what Solar products they sell he proceeded to tell me that Trina was there best product. I pulled up a Manufacturer Efficiency Rating Table on line and saw that Trina was RATED a Standard panel (middle of the road) I told him that I was looking for a Premium Panel and Jacob continued to tell me that Trina was.... as if I am imaging the ratings! he then proceeded to send me an estimate (after i have received 5 others) Jacobs estimate being 10,000 higher then the Panasonic which is considered a Premium panel with a 25 year warranty. it seems this company is like dealing with used car sales men. After telling Jacob I would NOT be purchasing a middle of the road panel for 10,000 more then a Premium he tried to scare me by telling me that it would costs thousands to fix any errors that an installer would make if it wasn't there crew. I hung up. Don't waist your time calling these people, it was a joke!

Not a customer

January 30th, 2018 Carmichael, CA DETAILS

They insisted on authorization of allowing them to give out my contact information prior to receiving product information.

Unsastifying Customer

January 30th, 2018 Dublin, CA DETAILS

Solar Spectrum didn't keep their words. Solar Spectrum and I have worked hard for couple weeks to get a final contract. Solar Spectrum start their work by sending a technician to inspect my house. After on side inspection, the sale person informed me that they could not build a system with a price as in the contract. The new price was 5K higher than the original price.

Mike

January 30th, 2018 DETAILS

never sent a validation on appointment schedule call last minute state i need to clear trees. When we start having a north sun I'll look at clearing trees on the north side.

Barb

January 30th, 2018 DETAILS

I feel that I was pressured into moving forward with signing what appeared to me to be a binding contract without a full and detailed quote. We had one, hour-long online presentation and based solely on this I was asked to sign a contract for almost $40,000 worth of equipment. My sales rep claims this was non-binding but who am I to believe? You are the ONLY company that required I sign a contract without a written quote. Not good. Also, while the sales rep. was pleasant (and persistent), I was not comfortable dealing with someone across the country and not a local company.

tito puente

January 26th, 2018 La Puente, CA DETAILS

i really love solar so much - i went solar with spectrum

Mark

January 26th, 2018

Information provided sounds good but to date have not received follow up

EJ Hammil

January 26th, 2018 West Hills, CA

Jeff L. was excellent! He explained all information, answered questions, available at convenient times. I highly recommend him and Solar Spectrum!

Liz Walker

January 25th, 2018 Concord, CA

Very informative , Richard W. assisted me with the process and I couldn’t be happier. He was very knowledgeable and let me know exactly how thing would impact me switching to solar. I would recommend Richard W. to anyone and going solar is a great investment. Your crazy not too

Keith Ryan

January 25th, 2018 Hamburg, NY

Having seen that Solar Spectrum was highly rated on a couple of sites, I called and spoke with Jeff L. Jeff was very knowledgeable, professional, composed and answered every question that I had. Even more impressive was that he was completely honest and wanted to make sure that it was a good match for the company AND me as a customer. After a candid discussion, I did not move forward with an installation as I still have roughly 5 years of life on my roof before replacing so the timing and ROI just did not make sense at this point. (Jeff could have said it would be fine but strongly suggested getting the roof replaced first before installation) Many sales reps would have said whatever needed to close the sale whether it made sense or not for me (and having to remove the system in 5 years to replace the roof is not in my bet interest nor is putting on a new roof now). He talked about the competition with respect but also noted the advantages of their system/company – again that approach rarely happens these days. I am sure he was disappointed that I did not purchase a system (but did not show it) If I do move forward at a future date, Solar Spectrum and Jeff will be the first person I call. That’s exactly how a consultative sales conversation should go. It just wasn’t the right time.

Dan

January 23rd, 2018 DETAILS

They are a good company with good presentation and product.

DS

January 23rd, 2018 DETAILS

Expertly explain the whole process including the many benefits financially that are out there for consumers.

Brynn Lacey & Hesham Ibrahim

January 15th, 2018 DETAILS

To Whom this May Concern - and we would like our comments to be transmitted to the very top... Wayne was a masterful people person. We never ever felt pressured, we felt cared for as people, we felt listened to and he had just the right amount of polite, non-pushy yet consistent followup, in which he tried his best to get us the very best deal he could because he knew how important that was to us. That's why we decided to go with Solar Spectrum and we are so glad that we did and did not feel like we were pressured or that anything was misrepresented... Wayne also laid out the benefits to us so succinctly for us, his knowledge of everything was unparalleled. He took the time needed to answer all of our questions and knew the answer in detail to all of them. In fact, my husband and I can truly say that this was the very best, important sales / purchase experience we have ever had. If I had a company, I would let Wayne run the whole thing. His manner was SO masterful, what a delight, and I don't think we have ever been able to say that about anyone else with whom we've made a large purchase like this! We are very, very happy with our experience so far and there are really no words for how much we appreciate the way we were treated by Wayne. Thank You!!!!

January 15th, 2018 Cathedral City, CA DETAILS

Do not like the fact I have to sign a contract with you before some one has looked at my house. And, you run my FICO lowering my score. What makes you think I will automatically go with you. Unfair biz practice.

Becky

January 15th, 2018 Placerville, CA DETAILS

Salesman took all my info and then never called again and didn't answer my emails.

Sales

January 15th, 2018 DETAILS

Wet educated folks explained complete details. We had a death in the family that has put our Project on hold but hopefully we can proceed shortly.