Solar in America

verified

Solar in America

verified
Solar in America offers several payment options

Founded in 2012, Solar in America is a solar provider with a passion for assisting others; since its inception, the renewable energy company has helped thousands of people receive quality solar quotes and installations.

Solar in America's goal is to contribute to a healthier future for the environment through clean energy while giving customers the opportunity to save as much money as possible with a solar PV system.

The Good

• High Quality Equipment
  • Variety of Payment Options
  • Lengthy Warranties
  • System Monitoring
  • Emphasis on Customer Service
  • Moving Options
  • Extensive Availability
  • Additional Services

High Quality Equipment

Solar in America offers some of the best solar equipment currently available on the market, including SunPower solar panels with exceptional module efficiency ratings and SolarEdge inverters.

For its solar systems, Solar in America only installs high-efficiency, best-in-class solar PV panels engineered in Germany, Canada, China, and the United States. In addition to SunPower panels, the company also offers products from Hanwha, LG, Trina, and SolarWorld. Both rooftop and ground mount systems are available, and each system is custom designed by one of Solar in America's in-house engineers to fit the customer's unique energy needs.

Variety of Payment Options

When it comes to payment options, Solar in America provides customers when several ways to fund a solar energy system. The company offers outright purchases, loans, PACE financing, leases, and power purchase agreements (PPAs), which means that customers have the ability to choose the option that best fits their needs and budget.

Lengthy Warranties

Solar in America offers some of the longest warranties in the solar industry, including a 25-year equipment warranty, which covers the panels and inverter, and a 25-year workmanship warranty, which covers labor. Not all solar companies in the industry offer such lengthy, comprehensive warranties.

System Monitoring

Each solar system installed by Solar in America comes with around-the-clock online monitoring, which means that customers can check up on their system's performance and ensure that everything is working as it should be from anywhere in the world using a smartphone, tablet, or computer.

Emphasis on Customer Service

Solar in America strives to provide an exceptional customer experience and regularly checks in with its customers to update them on how their solar project is coming along.

Additionally, the clean energy company will take care of all necessary paperwork and permitting to make the installation process as simple and hassle-free as possible for the customer, as well as ensure that the customer receives all of the tax credits, rebates, and grants that they are eligible for.

If a customer runs into any problems or inconveniences, Solar in America will work to settle them as quickly as possible.

Moving Options

Solar in America presents its customers with a variety of options in the event that they need to move before their solar loan is paid off or their lease is up.

The homeowner can either choose to transfer the solar PV system to the new homeowner, who will then take over any remaining payments, or take the system with them to their new residence. However, there is a fee to move the system, which covers the removal, transfer, and re-installation of the solar panels. Additionally, if a customer chooses to move their solar photovoltaic system, they'll need to stay within the same utility for net metering purposes and cannot downsize their system.

For solar power systems that are owned outright, the house will likely sell at a premium and the remainder of the warranties will transfer to the new homeowner.

Extensive Availability

While most solar companies operate in a small service area, Solar in America offers solar systems in several states across the country. Currently, homeowners in the following states have the ability to work with Solar in America:

• Arizona
  • Vermont
  • Washington D.C.
  • Wyoming

Additional Services

In addition to solar energy systems, Solar in America also provides roofing services and solar attic fans.

If a customer needs to have their roof replaced before having solar panels installed, Solar in America is a licensed roofing contractor and can take care of everything on its own, making the process smooth and simple for the customer.

A solar attic fan will neutralize moisture and drive out heat, which lowers HVAC costs and keeps the home cool in the summer and warm in the winter.

The Bad

Relatively Basic Website

Solar in America's website is quite basic. Although the company's site does contain bits and pieces of helpful information here and there, it's not the most insightful resource and does not offer a blog section to educate potential customers about solar energy.

The Bottom Line

Solar in America offers a variety of attractive features, including high quality equipment, a variety of payment options, lengthy warranties, and solar system monitoring. The company currently offers its services in Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Idaho, Kansas, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Utah, Vermont, Washington D.C., and Wyoming.

Call our recommended rep over at Solar in America below.

Jim Shea
June 3rd, 2019 Colchester, CT

I found their representative to be very knowledgeable and he helped me understand some the issues I was concerned about. He explained things in good detail and followed up when he said he would. However, I believe this company leans toward your purchase of their product rather than lease. Their lease proposal did not meet my requirements and I'm not interested in purchasing. As my wife and I are over 70, we probably won't be in this house long enough to recoup expenses if we purchase. I'm leaning towards SunRun. They have a lease option that fits our needs and I also have the advantage of a SunRun rep in my town.

Steve
June 3rd, 2019 Brookfield, CT

Requested info on solar options twice and haven’t got any response back. I will be moving on to another company.

DON R
May 31st, 2019 DETAILS

It was a wonderful experience from start to finish. I was a little skeptical at first at how things would carry thru but, from the time I started working with Solar in America and Carl everything has worked out smoothly. They are very professional and the installation took less than one day. The entire process to 22 days. Great Job!

Bruce Fo
May 20th, 2019 Arcadia, CA

Very knowledgeable and gave excellent advice on the the best solar configuration for our home and needs.

Ashley
May 14th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

Solar in America has a Sole Price Calculator that help us know about how much it would cost to do solar for our home. It was very reasonable and wow we have already starting saving money. We were even able to get a 2019 local Tax Rebate on our tax return.

Mike stanford
May 13th, 2019 Riverside, CA DETAILS

Great experience! The sales team that was sent to me house was very knowledgeable and helpful. They helped me every step of the process! Would highly recommend for any solar project!

Kyle
May 13th, 2019 Riverside, CA

Solar In America is the one stop shop for all of my Solar needs and wants, when searching for my system. They are professional and their team is hard working and very informative. 5 stars!

Johnny Merritt
May 9th, 2019 Tyler, TX

Solar in American has done a wonderful job for me. The installer did a great job..High quality work...installation was finest in one day. (Super!)The system is up and running and now im getting saving. Thank you for everything!

John C.
May 9th, 2019 Peoria, AZ

Carl was very prompt at getting back to me to explain the benefits of solar power for my new home in Arizona. He was able to explain the different products and benefits very clearly. I will look forward to working with Carl on putting my solar system once my home is built.

Karen Frusher
May 2nd, 2019 St. Petersburg, FL

I called to discuss a solar option for my situation. Carl, with uncommon honesty, suggested that solar is not a good option for my situation. I am a single 75 year old and even though I'm in good health, I have no guarantee of another 10 years, let alone 20. With relatively low energy usage, my savings would be small and the hassle of the installation, no matter how smoothly it went, is significant. I get it. What a good guy!

Graham Abbott
April 29th, 2019 Sun City West, AZ DETAILS

Amazing experience. Far easier that I anticipated and stress free from beginning to end. Carl was there to answer every question and concern. These guys are legit!!!!

Mike Dunlap
April 29th, 2019 Meridian, ID

Paul and Carl were great to work with and great explanation of how things work. All questions answered professionally and honestly. Very low pressure sales pitch.

Stephen
April 15th, 2019 Rocklin, CA

Carl from Solar in America was easy to talk to, he explained all our options and gave us a great price. I highly recommend Carl for all your solar needs

Dylan Griswold
April 8th, 2019 Caldwell, ID

The first thing I would like to mention is how fast and prepared the representative was when he arrived and shared the information. His name was Paul G. He was very nice and was attentive to our questions and gave answers without trying to give the run around. I would recommend him and this business to anyone who needs solar energy.

Mike Brooks
March 28th, 2019 Dumfries, VA

The salesperson texted me one night after 11pm to ask me when a good time would be to talk on the phone the ne t day. I told him to call me around noon the next day. I never heard from him that day, or since. Therefore, you get a one(1j star rating.

Mar 28, 2019

We do not service the state of Virginia. I am sure you are mistaking Solar in America for a company with a similar name. Thanks

Chad
March 26th, 2019 Boise, ID

Carl called me about 9 minutes after requesting a quote. Then within 2 hours they had Paul G at my house and went through the design of the system based my yearly energy consumption. Paul went through and did the site survey while at my house so nothing needs to be scheduled for later. We went through all of the paperwork and I got approved for the installation. They work with the HOA to get it approved. Idaho Power to get the correct meter installed and go through all of the Tax credits both Federal and State. The only thing that the home owner needs to do is get the value of the Solar panels added to their Home Owners Insurance. Paul also went over why this needs to be done.

Derar Alkouri
March 26th, 2019 Corona, CA

To tell you the truth I didnt do business with them due to lack of salesman man experience, for the questions I had he had to call for answers didnt know where the panals made at or ever warranty questions he had to call for back up to answer. Didnt feel comfortable to move forward with the company I think theres a lack of training

Mar 26, 2019

Its exciting to know that you choose to go solar regardless of whether you choose Solar in America or another installer. SunPower panels are manufactured in the US, LG (South Korea) , or Panasonic panels are manufactured in US. We also offer Silfab(Canada), Trina(China), Hanwa (S. Korea & Germany), Mission(Texas) and many others. Training 101 for all of our in home representatives is to cover the basics of where panels are manufactured if asked. Hower, I urge all of our guys to say, "I don't know," and ask someone in our corporate office or a manager if they don't know the answer to any question rather than to guess or assume. Our warranties are 25 year regardless of what panel or equipment you choose. Most importantly, I am so happy that you were able to find the company that best fit your needs and answered questions to your satisfactions as this the #1 reason why bestcompany.com is great resource to use for shopping solar.

ANNETTE MORALES
March 15th, 2019 Moreno Valley, CA

Carl was very patient and explained the process to me over 3 times until I understood it. I researched the panels, etc. they are using and they are one of the best in the industry. Now I hope the installation goes as smoothly.

Suzan Burns
March 14th, 2019 Phoenix, AZ

Steve and Carl were great to work with and explained everything thoroughly.

Robert Nason
March 11th, 2019 Altoona, FL

Did not show up first time or call,2nd time I did get a nice man but could answer my cuestions.,3nd time did not show.4time they were sending there best man,very best as told to me by owner,then talked to dispatch, where I was told that the best man was on his second week.I cancelled, I am 79, can not wait for them to learn it

Mar 07, 2019

Good morning Robert, I apologize for your bad experience however it was not with Solar in America as we do no have in home representatives in the State of Florida. And, there are multiple companies with similar names but you did not ask for assistance from us. I would be happy to assist you via our interactive account department and answer any questions you may have at 800 781 4460. Please ask for Carl Lee. Thanks

Olga Solis
March 7th, 2019 La Puente, CA

Very informative very friendly simple to understand

Debra Harper
March 4th, 2019 California City, CA

Salespersons are great and product sounds fantastic! You would had received 5 stars if I knew there was going to be a hard credit check against my account. I believe customers should be aware of that before credit is ran.

Candido Cruz Jr
March 4th, 2019

Great rep. Very professional, spent time to explain the plan. Only drawback was not following up with a detailed analysis so I can make a decision.

Dennis S
February 11th, 2019 DETAILS

Excellent job Solar in America. They took care of everything and the installation went as planned.

Dennis F
February 11th, 2019 DETAILS

Exceptional company and service. Angel helped me in Spanish and was great though out the process.

Jon M
February 11th, 2019 DETAILS

The guys did a wonderful job! They explained everything well and tailored things just for my household.

Christopher Brown
February 11th, 2019 DETAILS

Jamie helped us go solar. He is very informative and polite. We made an appointment to see if solar would benefit is and Jamie walked with us step-by-step through everything

Brenda
February 11th, 2019 DETAILS

I would highly recommend Solar in America as a first time solar customer. Sam really explained every detail in the simplest way possible for anyone to understand. He also followed up after the solar was installed. Everybody I've spoken to in the company was very helpful and friendly.

Barmal
February 11th, 2019 DETAILS

Solar in America is all about customer experience and being true to their mission statement. Quality and service by pros. If you are in the market for renewable energy then solar in america is one of the companies that needs your attention.

Jason Harris
January 30th, 2019 DETAILS

Terrific installation job. Took care of any and all debris. No mess left behind. Everything as promised. No disappointments at all

Tammi C.
January 30th, 2019 DETAILS

Sam and Carl did a great job! Sam, came to my home and explained solar and made the entire easy to understand. Everything turned out exactly the way we thought!

Bashir A.
January 30th, 2019 DETAILS

Carl gets 5 stars in my book. He explained the entire process from start to finish. He helped us to weatherize our home to lower our electricity usage and then put together a solar panel system to fit my family needs. I highly recommend Solar in America.

Chris Chatham
January 25th, 2019 Nampa, ID

Paul was an awesome non-pushy salesman and very informative. I’m hoping to see great savings when it gets installed.

Amanda Thomas
January 22nd, 2019 El Dorado Hills, CA

We are so pleased with Joe and Carl. Very professional and explained everything we needed to know. We are confident we picked the best solar company and so happy we went with Solar in America.

Chuck Holden
January 22nd, 2019 DETAILS

After the high pressure sales pitch with insufficient information from the "representative" from BRS, it was like a breath of fresh air dealing with the Paul G from Solar in America, who was both knowledgeable and personable. He kindly spent as much time as was necessary to explain all of the options, the terms and the installation procedures available to meet my specific needs and understanding. I would recommend Paul G and Solar in America to anyone interested in converting over to solar power source for their home or business. From start to finish, Paul was thorough, customer receptive, and easily answered any and all questions and concerns, adapting his company's options to my specific needs. A satisfied customer, Chuck Holden

James L
January 22nd, 2019 Fremont, CA DETAILS

Jamie and Carl were wonderful throughout the entire installation. Jamie explained everything to me and Carl's installation crew took care of everything without a hiccup! I highly recommend.

David
December 31st, 2018 Edgewater, NJ DETAILS

Solar in America was great to work with; professional, courteous, and communicative throughout the entire process. We had to change things a little after signing up, but that was not an issue. The installation team was phenomenal, and the people at the home office were with me every step of the way.

Tim Steger
December 30th, 2018 DETAILS

They have done what they say they would do and in the time frame promised.

Noah Bard
December 26th, 2018 DETAILS

They have been easy to contact and have done what they promised.

W. McCanless
December 21st, 2018 Boone, CO

JC was awesome and very helpful in getting me the information I wanted

Nick M
December 19th, 2018 North Weymouth, MA

I was contacted by Carl L immediately after calling, Carl is very professional and his knowledge exceeds the other companies I have met with 6 total. I highly recommend this Company and Carls services!

Julia M
December 19th, 2018 Aurora, CO

The entire process was simple and easy to follow.

James
December 18th, 2018 Boone, CO DETAILS

Friendly and well-educated staff. Awesome product and service and I am looking forward to my Solar Installation and the $avings!!

Raul Santos
December 18th, 2018 San Jose, CA

Everything started fine. Prices were good. Carl L and Sam R were both great. Very knowledgeable. We would recommend Solar in America. We have been very happy with our experience with this company.

Michael A.
December 3rd, 2018 DETAILS

Carlos did a wonderful job explaining solar and all of its benefits to me and my wife Abigail. He went over the installation process, financing in a clear and simple way.

Ward Pyles
November 27th, 2018 Nampa, ID

Paul met with us and presented the information about Solar in American. He was very knowledgeable. We will be getting a new roof and solar system as a result.

Linda Chhay
November 27th, 2018 Dracut, MA DETAILS

From the start I had a very great experience with Solar in America. I contacted a lot of other companies regarding going Solar, and Carl L from Solar in America was the most informative. I felt like he was looking out for my best interest. For a period of over 10 days I did research on PPA vs buying, and Carl helped me out a lot. He informed me about all the tax credits I could get along with the smart program, and offered a year free with the rebate from Solar in America, no other company offers to pay for your first year like this. I've contacted the top ones like Sun Run, Zenernet, Sungevity, Vivent, etc. The first one was Vivent and they failed to tell me about the yearly escalator. I said to wait on the credit check and the sales rep just does it right then and there. My boyfriend's credit took a hit of 2 points because of this. If you go with PPA most company have a yearly escalator, so look out for this. Solar in America have the lowest yearly escalator. Companies like Sungevity and Vivent are higher. I needed to get roofing done too, and Carl gave me the best price on the solar and roof combo. There was one company that wanted to give me just the solar panels for the price of what Solar in America was giving me in solar panel and roof together! I hung up and never called back. I'm able to get tax credit on the roof too. He made sure that my warranty will not only cover materials, but the labor aspect of the system also. In fact, he offered the best roofing warranty, the extended plantinum one. I also get the solar edge inverter which is one of the best in the business along with 25 year warranty. Most company will give about 10 to 20 never 25 years for the inverter because it's costly and tends to go before the panels will ever go. Carl outbid all of the other companies, and I've talked to many including Sungevity, Zernet, Vivent, and Sun Run. He was also the fastest in responding. Some of the other top companies took a long time to get back to me on quotes or they had to come out again for roofing estimates. He ensured me a price and said that it could be lower. Carl knows his product. Not just the panels but the roofing and the warranty too. Most of the other companies only know one product like just the solar panels the warranty for it. Carl knows his information in and out, and unlike other companies he gave me the best possible incentives from the smart program. They missed that I'm low income. He took that into consideration, and knew how to get me more money from the smart program. The other companies overlooked this. Carl doesn't overlook anything. He knows how to put things into perspective so you can see the whole picture better with the different options with going Solar. He offered a way to pay the loan in 6.9 years with the tax credit, smart program, and companies rebate bonus. He is just very knowledgeable about solar. I very much was really stressed out to the point of almost crying dealing with some of the other companies like Sungevity. They were high pressured. Assured me it's okay to sign a contract without the roofing, but their loan product wasn't good because we couldn't get the loan they had. My boyfriend has a credit of 750 which is excellent, but they tried to get us to do the cash option. I said I wasn't sure about it. Patrick had me sign papers anyway saying I can cancel if there are any issues. When I did have issues with the ridiculously high price, he sent me a nasty message. I've read on yelp that he does this to other people too. Patrick S, look him up. I recommend you stay away. He told me that he's giving me commercial price, but his commercial price is higher than Solar in America's regular price for a lesser product. Also they used deceptive practice like putting a different solar panel on the contract and then trying to lie that it's abbreviated. I did many research so I knew only G5 of the q-cells are q.peak duos, not the G4. Sungevity will also lie and say that their panels won best panel in Germany for three years. I did research and their panels won awards for 3 years, but it wasn't the best. The Q-cells are also not better than LG and Sun Power as he claimed. When I mentioned this he said I can give you those panels, but it would be more. Carl never made me feel pressured. He didn't guilt trip me into buying his product. Patrick from Sungevity tried to say that he invested a lot of time into me and answered all my questions, Carl did above and beyond that, but he never used deceptive or high pressure tactics. All he did was try to meet my expectations, which he did. Sungevity tried to say they are the number one company and can beat everyone's prices. They claim they use Solar Edge inverters which are better than other companies. Well Solar in America does too with a better, longer warranty that includes labor and a lower price! I highly recommend Solar in America and Carl L if you want to be treated well and not lied to. They will definitely work with you without making you feel stressed out or guilt trip you.

Patty P
October 5th, 2018 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS

I am very happy with my experience with SIA. I was explained the solar process from start to finish. And, the best part was every was handled and installed without a glitch.

Cloak
August 31st, 2018 Ringoes, NJ

They never contacted me via email or telephone. I only gave 1 star because you have to.

Aug 31, 2018

You are confusing us Solar America or Solar 4 America. We have not received a request from you. Please give me a call @800 781 4460 or email [email protected]

Sair
August 16th, 2018 Flushing, NY DETAILS

Just bought solar from them! Great company. Easy to deal with and good pricing. My roi is good and saving $$$ from day 1. Thank you