POWERHOME Solar

4.8

LAST UPDATED: January 21st, 2022

POWERHOME Solar is one of the fastest-growing solar companies in the United States. It is headquartered in Mooresville, North Carolina, and specializes in solar energy and roofing services.

Initially, the company was founded in 2006 as Rescomm. However, in 2014 the company rebranded and became POWERHOME Solar and Roofing.

In 2020, POWERHOME Solar was ranked number 255 on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies in America. POWERHOME Solar also boasts that it was ranked seventh nationally among residential solar installers by Solar Power World — making it the number one residential solar company in the Southeast and Midwest.

The Good

• Cost Information
  • $0 Down, 100% Financing
  • Lengthy Warranties
  • No Subcontractors

Cost Information

POWERHOME Solar doesn't provide any exact pricing information on its website. This is completely expected within the industry as the cost of each solar system will vary from property to property.

POWERHOME explains that solar panel prices depend on your current energy consumption, the direction your home faces, the amount of sunlight your roof receives, and more.

However, we applaud POWERHOME Solar for including all the components that will affect your solar system's final price.

The company states that you will be given an all-inclusive price for your system and the final price will be based on the following factors:

• Installation Equipment — This includes solar panels, inverter(s), wiring, conduit, mounting racks, and mounting hardware
  • Custom Designed Solar System — Once you sign a contract, you will work with the POWERHOME team to start designing the system, filing permits, and getting set up for installation
  • Time and Date for Installation — On the agreed-upon date, a POWERHOME team will carefully inspect and install the solar panels, ensure they're functioning properly, and clean up afterward.

For many homeowners, trying to figure out the total cost of their new solar system can be like pulling teeth. We appreciate POWERHOME Solar's transparency and providing consumers with at least some general information on exactly what will affect the total cost.

$0 Down, 100% Financing

POWERHOME Solar offers $0 down, 100 percent financing to qualified homeowners.

The website doesn't exactly say the qualifications, so you will need to contact the company directly for more information.

Lengthy Warranties

POWERHOME Solar boasts that it has some of the highest-quality solar panels that come with superior reliability and performance. Because the company fully believes that its solar panels are superior, all panels come with a 30-year linear power performance guarantee and a 25-year product workmanship guarantee.

Additionally, the panels that POWERHOME Solar uses guarantee that your panels will operate at 80 percent of their original capacity after 30 years.

POWERHOME Solar also offers a 12-year warranty on solar inverters (don't worry, you can purchase an additional 13 years of coverage to match your solar system's 25-year warranty).

No Subcontractors

POWERHOME Solar doesn't hire subcontractors. Instead, the company's team consists of fully licensed electricians, with unlimited general contractors license and unlimited electrical contractors license.

POWERHOME Solar is also a GAF Master Elite roofer. In addition, the company has multiple employees who have completed either OSHA 10 or OSHA 30 training, and the project engineer/design manager is NABCEP-certified.

The Bad

• No Option to Lease
  • Not Available Nationwide

No Option to Lease

Homeowners looking to get a solar lease or PPA for their new system will have to look elsewhere.

While a solar lease or PPA can be a great solution for many homeowners, POWERHOME Solar has several reasons for not offering these financing solutions.

The first and foremost reason POWERHOME doesn't provide solar leases is that it believes that everyone should own their power. When leasing, a third party essentially owns your solar system.

While there are some positives to a lease (the fact that you can get a solar system for little or no money down, you avoid the responsibility of repairs and maintenance, etc.), there are also a few negatives — the main one being that you lose control of your roof.

As leasing companies aim to maximize their profit, you could end up with a lot more panels than you wanted, the panels will be placed where the company wants, and you have to worry about selling the lease to another person should you move before the lease is up.

The second reason POWERHOME Solar doesn't offer solar leases is, so you (the homeowner) get the maximum return on your investment.

Not Available Nationwide

POWERHOME Solar is only available in 15 of the 50 states.

• Georgia
  • Michigan
  • Ohio
  • Tennessee
  • West Virginia

The company is still young and growing, so it may be available to residents of other states soon, but there is no timeframe for when that will happen.

The Bottom Line

If you've been thinking about renewable energy and reducing your carbon footprint, we recommend looking into a company like POWERHOME Solar. The company specializes in solar systems and has even received a few awards praising its customer service and business model.

With this solar company, you only have two financing options to choose from (buy or loan), but the company gives a clear explanation of why that is.

In addition, we admire POWERHOME Solar's transparency when it comes to pricing. Although the company doesn't give any exact pricing information (since every system will vary depending on the house, location, panel placement, and more), we appreciate the fact that POWERHOME Solar goes into some detail about what will be included in the final cost — giving you an idea of what to expect.

2.7

Pam Miller Charlottesville, VA

Installation was quick and the workers cleaned up afterwards. Had a problem with an error code on the number 2 battery. Called in and requested a call back. Got a return call within 15 minutes. Due to recent snow and ice we were unable to get to the box and so Tech support had Generac fix the issue remotely. I highly recommend this company.

Reply from POWERHOME Solar

Hello Pam, We are so happy you have had a great experience with PowerHome Solar so far and that we were able to help you out so quickly. We love hearing that our customers are having the White Glove Experience!

Jan. 21st, 2022

erwin alston Augusta, GA

First it took a year to get the unit operational. The customer service is pathetic. They claimed they monitor your unit, but monitoring is your job. A month after it passed its 4th inspection the pv link was faulty and powerhome couldn't get a technician out for month. Also, there are absolutely no savings in the winter and that was told to me by powerhome but prior to the sale i was told my electric bill would be no more than 30-40 dollars. Please beware of this company

Reply from POWERHOME Solar

Mr. Alston, I see that we have a specialist assigned to your account who has spoken with you as recently as today. She will be your main point of contact to help guide you through to resolution. I see you have a work order scheduled to repair any issues your system is having as well. We will remain in contact with you until everything is up and running and your issues have been resolved. We appreciate you allowing us to address your concerns and try to help you through this.

Jan. 18th, 2022

Tammy Davis Willow Springs, NC

Over all it took to long to get my solar panels fix. It took four different crews to come out .last crew is the one that got everything right without a problem. I want to thank the young lady that made everything possible because she went above the call of her job to make sure everything went right and send the most awesome crew that respectful and so helping. Thank you Allison props

Reply from POWERHOME Solar

Tammy, We are so happy to hear that you have had a great experience so far. Congratulations on going solar and please do not hesitate to let us know if you need anything in the future!

Dec. 3rd, 2021

Charles Ghent Bristow, VA

Alison from the customer service department has been a big help and was very proactive in making sure we were kept in the loop with our recent issue. Really want to thank her for her diligence in making sure our service was complete.

Reply from POWERHOME Solar

Thanks for the review Charles! We're glad to hear about our team going the extra mile with our clients. That's what we're all about!

Dick Larkins Toronto, OH

When we have issues they do come back as many times as they have to til they get the issue solved. We don't like how the snow lays on the panels and we can't get up on roof where they are to get them cleaned off...wish they had some kind of heating unit to melt the snow...

Reply from POWERHOME Solar

Hello Dick, We truly appreciate your feedback and understand your concerns regarding the snow being on the panels. Regarding the snow being on the panels, there is an option to purchase a snow rake. PowerHome does not sell this but can direct you in the right direction to purchase. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us. Thank you!

Frank Cochran Kansas City, MO

They seem to be a very good company. The only issue I have had is that instead of them following up when they have had an issue that could not initially be resolved, I have had to call to get the follow up. Many times when they do "attempt" to call, my phone does not ring and suddenly I see a voice-mail pop up. Overall, I have been very satisfied with their service, quality of work, and their overall responsiveness when needing help with any issue surrounding the solar power installed at my home

Reply from POWERHOME Solar

Hello Frank, Thank you so much for your feedback. We are completely apologetic for the delayed communication and are pleased to know that you are overall satisfied with your solar experience and system. However, to ensure that you receive the most reliable communication I want to provide you with our Customer Solutions number which is 833-423-1132 option #3. In addition, a representative will reach out to you to provide their contact information as well. Again, thank you so much for your feedback and we look forward to working with you. Thank you!

Zonda Lafayette, IN

They were punctual and courteous. Very professional and did an excellent job. They explained everything they were doing. Anything that wasn’t working initially, they were quick to send a skilled technician to correct it. Now everything works great.

Reply from POWERHOME Solar

Hello Zonda, We are so happy to hear that you had a wonderful experience with our staff and Powerhome Solar and that you are happy with your systems performance! We pride ourselves on white glove service and I am happy to hear you received that.

Katie Schemmel Chesapeake, VA

This is the WORST company. They are over priced and when they make a mistake they won’t fix it. They will make you pay for someone else to fix it. They don’t care what they destroy in your yard. They will not reimburse you like they say they will when they destroy stuff. You can’t cancel. And the product itself is subpar. Could be because they put it on the wrong side of my house where I have a 80 ft forest but the engineer knew my house better than me (sarcasm). Not worth the INSANE cost. Does not lower the bill. If you actually want a solar system that will do what is promised, THIS IS NOT THE COMPANY. I’m stuck with the crap company that I feel is just taking my money at this point and providing nothing back. Also, they don’t retain employees so don’t expect to talk to the same person in 5 months. DO NOT GET WRAPPED UO WITH THEM! YOU WILL REGRET IT!

Reply from POWERHOME Solar

Katie, We are sorry to hear that you have had an unenjoyable experience with PHS so far. I have created a case regarding your issues and will be having someone from our PPR department reaching out to try and see if we can get your issues resolved. We take our customer service seriously at PHS and we want to change your experience with us thus far! We will be in contact soon.

Dec. 3rd, 2021

Jewel Richardson Livonia, MI

They always respond quickly to any questions or problems we experience. We have been very happy with their services. We have had several outages since the panels were installed. It has been a relief to have the backup power.

Reply from POWERHOME Solar

Thanks for the review! Helping our customers own their power is our mission and we're glad to hear we've helped you do that!

Chrysisse McDonald Knoxville, TN

The snaps keep failing. We do not have satisfaction that the system will work and produce power when needed. In 10 months of operation we have needed repair of parts four times. That is unacceptable! Although Power Home has been good about changing the damaged parts, the reliability is in question. I am on oxygen and need a concentrator to provide supplemental O2. Reliability is essential!!

Reply from POWERHOME Solar

Hello Chrysisse, We completely understand your concerns regarding the system performance. A representative has tried to contact you last week to address any additional concerns. First chance you have to respond to the email that was additionally sent, please feel free to do so. We want to assure you there is stability with your system and we will complete any service to ensure the same mistake is not repeated. I have confirmed your system is doing great and hope this continues. We truly appreciate your feedback as a valued customer of PowerHome. Thank You!

Nov. 22nd, 2021

Vigilante4 Justice Princeton, IN

Buyer BEWARE; We spent 2 hours with a regional manager, young guy (22). We were very impressed with his salesmanship. He had all these graphs on his iPad and our usage which was 9kw per day average. We asked tons of questions. He told us he’d go to his car and send us a complete quote from his car before he left the driveway. That didn’t happen l…he didn’t even send me any kind of quote.. and then when I asked him to please send a full quote explaining the type of panels how many there are the warranty and what the entire contract terms, he then asked where do you want me to send it. I told him and then he went on to say well our contracts are proprietary….I’m like….ok,?????so….what are you hiding?! Do you expect me to spend $65,000 on your word??? Just send me the contract. Well guess what? It never came. He knew he quoted us way too high and this company clearly does not want any competition or want you comparing their price and what it includes to someone else’s otherwise theyd have no problem giving you a full quote so you know what you’re getting.

Reply from POWERHOME Solar

Hello, I apologize for the bad sales experience you had with one of our sales team members. I would love to reach out and speak with you but I am unable to locate your account with the username provided. If you could please give us the name on your account we will have someone reach out to you. I do want to assure you that Powerhome Solar basis it’s price on current market values and we do not want you or anyone to feel that we are not being honest or upfront. I look forward to your response so we can reach out and discuss this further.

Jeff in MI Saginaw, MI

Overall, very satisfied with whole system. Everyone was a professional, and took their job very seriously. The project planning, and execution was not without glitches, but every issue got addressed quickly, and to my satisfaction. I am an engineer and have managed many projects myself, and I give these guys high marks for the coordination of the whole project, from beginning to end. Inspections went very well - it is clear the installation crew did a high-quality job. I agree with other reviews that these guys are not the lowest priced option, but I have always believed that you get what you pay for. I watched these guys like a hawk during installation, and they did very good work. I did catch one rather significant error, and they corrected it immediately. Bottom Line: we installed a 7.4 kW system and the system has been producing anywhere from 10 kWH to almost 40 kWH each day for the first month of full operation, with a peak generating capacity of 6.7 kW. I will be anxious to see the impact on the first full billing cycle, which will be next month’s bill. So far - very satisfied.

Reply from POWERHOME Solar

Hello Jeff! We are extremely pleased to hear you are satisfied and any concern has been addressed. If there is any further assistance needed please feel free to reach out to our Customer Solutions Department to receive the additional assistance that you need. Customer Solutions: 833-423-1132 opt. 3 Thank You!

PUBG Good Indianapolis, IN

This company is horrible I had to have 3 different crews come out and install everything that took over 6 weeks then they didn't give everything they said came with the $69,000 service. So I have to get an attorney that will be easy cause everything and everyone was on 24/7 video and audio

Reply from POWERHOME Solar

Hello, We would like to address this issue and meet the these concerns head on. For us to better assist you, can you please give us some additional information so a representative can reach out directly to follow up. We appreciate all the feedback we receive from customers and hope to give you the best experience possible.

Jan. 5th, 2022

Ryan Mccormack Checotah, OK

Over promise and under provide. I bought and 80% offset of 16 panels. Added 5 panels for compensation for property damage. Only got 60% offset for 12 months. Now they added 4 more panels. All they do is the minimum to try to keep from a lawsuit. Batteries were suppose to last all night. They last about 3hrs at best

Reply from POWERHOME Solar

Hello Ryan, We want to give you the best experience that we can provide and make sure the system produces at the level we assured you. Our representative will reach out to address these concerns you have. Please feel free to let our representative know of any additional concerns as well. We appreciate all the feedback we get from our customers.

Dec. 10th, 2021

Darla Burghdoff Saline, LA

After much deliberation, we decided to install solar with PHS. The crew was very efficient and professional in the installation. My only complaint was that the electrician was in a hurry to leave and proceeded to go through the instructions of the monitoring/control panel so fast that I could not keep up. I told him so. So he tool my cell phone and took a video of what he was trying to explain....still confusing. I watched the video several times, but again, so fast I had a hard time following or knowing what it all really meant. Mind you we are in our late 60's to early 70's...so not as quick as a 30 something. Our light bills have not been $20 like we were led to believe. When I called them I was told it might take 3 months to adjust. 3 months?! In the meantime we are paying light bills plus the monthly fee for the solar panels. Then we got a call from the loan company that PHS uses. They now want us to refinance our mortgage and roll in the full cost of the system! That was not talked about before. We just refinanced a year ago....not sure I want to go through all that again. Will need to hear what they have to say. It will save us money they said....yeah, like the solar panels do?! Not seeing it yet. Guess this is more for younger people. We'll see.

Reply from POWERHOME Solar

Hello, We appreciate your feedback and we are actively looking to locate your account so that we can reach out to you. Could you please verify the state you are in? We are truly sorry you do not feel you were given enough time to understand the system and we would like to reach out and help walk you through it again. We can also end you the user manual for any future reference. As for your system production itself, we will gladly pull up your monitoring account and verify that everything is operating as it should once we can verify the account itself. Please get back with us regarding the state your account is in and we will reach out as soon as possible.

Sep. 22nd, 2021

Doug Evans New Bern, NC

The operator that takes the calls are great. But the service on the system is terrible. I have been messing with them over 6 months and still don’t have a properly working system. I’m paying a solar payment and light bill for the last 6 months because my system will not work correctly. When you call for service it’s so backed up it takes weeks before they even get out to your house.

Reply from POWERHOME Solar

Hello Doug, We completely understand the severity within your concerns and want to assist with getting your system up and running as soon as possible. However, when trying to locate your account in our system I cannot establish the account. Would it be under another name sir? Please reply at your earliest convenience so that we can take the next steps in rectifying this matter. Thank you!

Nov. 22nd, 2021

Joseph Forman Saint Johns, MI

Very friendly and knowledgeable about product and what they were doing. Very clean and professional install. Cleaned up site as it was found.

Reply from POWERHOME Solar

Hello Joseph, We are please to receive such wonderful feedback regarding your solar experience. It is an honor to know another valued customer is satisfied. If there ever comes a time when you will need additional assistance, please feel free to contact us. Thank you for taking time out of your schedule to share your review. We hope that you have a wonderful day, and best of luck with your solar system! Thank you!

Gerry Lawson Hillsdale, MI

You did a very good with the install of the system. All your employees are very polite and inform you how the system runs.

Reply from POWERHOME Solar

Hello Gerry, We are extremely pleased to know that one of our valued customers are satisfied. At any time you find yourself needing additional assistance please feel free to reach out to your designated Concierge or our Customer Solutions department. We look forward to providing you with the best experiences and truly appreciate your feedback! Thank you!

Reef Morse Westland, MI

Cost was a bit high but the installers were excellent. Got approval to turn on the unit in a week. Only difficulty was that the array was located under a big tree that had to be cut down. I bought a 4.3 kW array and have been getting 20-25 kWH on sunny days. I want to expand the system as I have an electric car. All in all a pleasant experience with few glitches.

Reply from POWERHOME Solar

Hello Reef, We truly appreciate your feedback! If you are still interested in expanding your system please respond with the name that is listed on the account. Once confirmed, I will follow up with a phone to further assist you. We look forward to working with you! Thank You!

JUDITH DEGROOT Onemo, VA

I had a concern about the high cost for removal and replacement of solar panels when I have a roof replacement. I was also unhappy because I was not told about these expenses when we had our panels installed. I asked to speak to a supervisor about this matter, and have yet to hear from anyone.

Reply from POWERHOME Solar

Hello Judith, We truly appreciate your feedback and are pleased to know that you were able to address these concerns yesterday with a representative from PowerHome. We never want to mislead any one of our valued customers and hope that we can continue to keep the open line of communication with you and your family, Judith. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out. Thank you!

Dan Hoy Fredericktown, OH

The installation crew was the best. Before installation I would have preferred to work with an engineer.

Reply from POWERHOME Solar

Hello Dan, We completely appreciate your feedback as our valued customer. Prior to installation, our design engineer should have communicated the drawings with you and received your approval. If you were in need of an electrical engineer that is not something we initially provide, however per your request we can absolutely schedule a phone call with one of our electrical engineers. We truly appreciate you choosing PHS as your solar provider and look forward to assisting you during this journey and experience. If you ever find yourself in need of additional assistance, please feel free to contact us. Thank you!

Patricia Withers Pittsburgh, PA

Awful. I have had the panels on my home since April and it is now November and they are still not working or if they are working, I have no idea. I am now paying on the loan AND a high electric bill and Powerhome keeps giving me the run-around.

Reply from POWERHOME Solar

Hello Patricia, We understand your frustrations and have currently verified a representative from our Resolutions Department has reached out to you yesterday 11/09/2021. We also were able to verify that she is taken steps to rectify all concerns. We apologize for the delayed assistance and can assure you we will work diligently to finding answers for you. A follow up phone call will be given to you to confirm your satisfaction with the conversation from yesterday and agree to the next steps we will be taken. If you have any additional concerns, please feel free to discuss them at that time. As always we appreciate your feedback and look forward to providing you with a feasible resolution. Thank you!

Robert doverspike Glen Mills, PA

My install was done in two days. Nearly 3 months later and after having made my first payment, my system is actually doing semi what they said it would do

Reply from POWERHOME Solar

Hello Robert, We are pleased to hear that a month after you received PTO from your utility that you are seeing savings with your power bill. Please be aware that in the colder months, your production may not be as high due to the weather changes. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to our Customer Solutions department for further assistance. As always, thank you for your feedback, Robert. Thank you!

Erica Minyard Pinckney, MI

RUN from this company. I told them I was not interested after the high pressure sales of the first meeting, so they decide it is a great idea to proceed to call my work number, 2-3 times a day, every day, for over a month. Never been more thankful for caller ID. After seeing all of these one star reviews, I clearly dodged a bullet. The next time they call my work (which presumably will be tomorrow), it will not be pretty

Reply from POWERHOME Solar

Hello! I have reached out to our IT department and requested that we put your number on the DNC LIST. I apologize for any and all inconveniences this may have caused. Thank you!

Oct. 8th, 2021

JJ Houston, TX

Had these folks out to provide a bid for a residential solar system. The field rep was very helpful and provided good information. My first “red flag” was their business plan. The rep outlined their geographical footprint (in the northeast and eastern states with a strategy of moving west. The rep then explained they decided to expand into Texas after the unusual winter we had experienced this year. No quality company changes their strategic business plan because of a meteorological anomaly. That is a knee jerk opportunistic reaction to pray on victims of a weather event. My caution was solidified when introduced to the “closer/sales manager”and we were instantly turned off. Very pushy and had a rebuttal for everything we felt were negatives. I felt like I was dealing with a sleazy used car salesman. DON’T WASTE YOUR TIME!! Over priced and the loan terms are a trap. STAY AWAY!

Reply from POWERHOME Solar

Hello, we would love to speak with you more about this situation in particular, and I would personally appreciate the chance to attempt to improve your experience with us. If you wouldn't mind providing the name that would be on the account with us, I would love to look into this more. We never want our customer's to feel pushed into a decision or a situation where they have no choice. Thank you.

Sep. 3rd, 2021

Donna Walter Monroe, MI

The salesman was very nice but when he got to the end it was either sign up now or we aren’t coming back here. Who makes a $60,000 decision without thinking about it for a day or a week? I asked this and was told repeatedly that they don’t look back, only forward. They can’t waste more time coming back out. You don’t need to come back out to do anything. You already made the pitch. Oh, well we get rid of your information if you say no. Then he gets the closer, Charlie, on the phone. Charlie talks to us like we are 5 years old and need a soft, patronizing tone. I explain that we don’t make decisions of this magnitude on a whim. He wants a “soft approval” blah blah blah. I tell him, I’m done. Goodbye Charlie. I wouldn’t do business with this company simply because they want to pressure you into signing up right now. No extra thought required. Oh, and the salesman kept saying the owner must know what he’s doing because he’s a billionaire. Yeah, because he pressures people into buying things. It felt like a time share spiel. Save your time. Go with someone else.

Reply from POWERHOME Solar

Hello Donna! I do apologize this was your experience. However, I would love to look into the account and see exactly who the Field Energy Consultant was that came to your home. Would you be able to update me with the name that should be on the account? I know that you cancelled but we do not want any future customer to feel pressure to make such an important decision. I look forward to your response. Thank you so much for your feedback!

D & K Cleveland, TN

This company gets a 3 rating because a fantastic field representative did a great job of explaining my homes requirements. The initial salesman was rude in his tone of voice and got upset when I questioned the negative reviews. After the pricing quote the rep had to hand us off to a closer, his manager. He shot us down for not closing on the spot. We were getting 2 more bids. He had a hissy and therefor we will not buy from this company. Had we taped this conversation, we feel he should have been fired!

William Taylor Mechanicsville, VA

Came and installed a broken part. System returned to working order.

Reply from POWERHOME Solar

Thank you for your review William, We appreciate the feedback from our customers. Powerhome Solar is proud to have more people going solar to own their power.

Dec. 7th, 2021

Nigel Thomas Jacksonville, NC

The reason why I'm giving one star is because I'm completely disappointed . I've had my system for almost 6 month and it only worked correctly for about a couple of weeks if that.

Reply from POWERHOME Solar

Hello Nigel, We do understand your frustration regarding the system performance. I have verified within your account that we were able to come out 11/12/2021 to complete the work order and service your system. We understand the compensation may not have been feasible and that you wanted the system to work however, we did acknowledge your concerns and moved in the direction to rectify the matter. A representative will follow up with you to discuss any additional concerns that you may have. Our biggest goal is to ensure your satisfaction sir. We look forward to further assisting you. Thank you!

Wayne Jamieson Clarksville, TN

I have always had great service from the technicians whenever I have needed service on my system.

Reply from POWERHOME Solar

Hello Wayne, We are honored to receive your feedback and pleased to hear our valued customers are enjoying their solar experience! If you ever find yourself in need of further assistance, please feel free to reach out to us. We wish you the best of luck on your solar journey! Thank you!

Cathy Price Franklin, IN

Generac and solar was what sold us. Their crew was very polite and did an impressive job.

Reply from POWERHOME Solar

Hello Cathy, We are extremely pleased to receive your feedback. If there ever comes a time that you find yourself needing additional assistance please feel free to reach out to your concierge or our Customer Solutions department at 833-423-1132 option #3. We truly appreciate you being a valued customer and look forward to continuing on a positive route. Enjoy your day! Thank you!

lois wood Shady Spring, WV

Have been 8 months and I am still not completely hooked up have been lied to on several occasions. They have been hear 10 times still not complete. Wish I would have never have gotten Solar BUYER BE WARE

Reply from POWERHOME Solar

Hello Lois, I understand your frustration regarding the system not being operational. I have taken a look into your account and see that we were able to get your passed inspection report, and at this time we are just waiting for your to e-sign the document that we need to send your utility. In addition, please be aware that tomorrow, Friday 11/04/21 we will contact you to further elaborate on your review and experience thus far. Any additional questions or concerns that you have can be discussed during the phone call tomorrow. We honestly appreciate your feedback and look forward to re-directing your experience and establishing a better ending. Thank You!

Nov. 4th, 2021

Amie Tatro Dalton, GA

The installers became like family but the company has no problem over charging the the consumer by nearly 3 times. Do not be trusting. God forbid you make the mistake of trusting this company. Get other quotes.

Reply from POWERHOME Solar

Hello Amie, Would you be able to give me the first and last name on the account so I can further look into your concerns and personally follow up to discuss and address those. We look forward to speaking with you. Thank You!

Woodhaven project Trenton, MI

Still waiting on my systems new meter so I can get credits. Company has been here 4 times to place labels and take pictures of the same labels. customer service called 5 times for the same labels asking to schedule a time. Still don’t have the city sign off……5 months later. Sales guys is typical sales person. Sold it and never answered again. Calculator for savings is way off. Asked for a credit due to delay and they respond with cookie cutter apology and never address your concerns. DO NOT give this company a a dime of your money. Not worth the hassle and the savings are not even at 50% of what they stated during the sales pitch .

Fredrik Buch Baltimore, MD

I made the terrible mistake to sign their awful contract to get over $70785 worth of equipment, (according to them), installed on my barn roof. My tax accountant was the first to question the extreme price tag of the system when he told me he had never seen such an expensive system with any of his other clients. When he heard that I was to use the "possible tax rebate of $18404.10" that I was to maybe get next year and pay down the loan or else be stuck with an even higher monthly payment he said I was being ripped off and should back out of the contract, since nothing had been installed yet. I went ahead and called another solar company to get a quote matching the equipment that Powerhome Solar was putting on my roof and shockingly learned that the other company would install the exact same system for $37934!!! My wife just underwent surgery to have a brain tumor removed, needless to say we have better places to put our money than grossly overpriced solar panels. No physical work had been done yet at all by PHS, just some plans had been drawn and a permit had been pulled. I went ahead and cancelled the loan for the financing of the project, effectively stopping the transaction, leaning on section 12 of the contract. "If Buyer cancels this Agreement following the three (3) day right to cancel period, then, except as otherwise prohibited by applicable law, Buyer will be liable for all costs incurred by Contractor up to and including the date of cancellation, including any building permit fees." PHS accepted my cancellation after 10 days sending me an invoice over $4200. I requested an itemized list of the costs incurred by them and was told to just pay the lump sum, I won't be provided with an itemized list, since they could contractually be charging me 10% of the project costs after the 3 day right to cancel if they chose to and I should be grateful they didn't do so. This company is PREDATORY, RUTHLESS and GROSSLY OVERPRICED. Get your solar panels somewhere else or you will regret it.

Reply from POWERHOME Solar

Hello Fredrik, We understand the severity of your concerns. We do apologize the quoted price was not feasible for you but additionally we are happy you were able to find a solar provider that would suffice. Regarding receiving the itemized receipt, please update me with the representatives that was not able to provide you with that and stated "just to pay the lump sum" and refused you of an itemized receipt. I would love to further look into this matter and coordinate with the representative upper management and prevent any future customer from experiencing this type of communication. PHS is very dedicated to providing the best solar system and customer service and we do not want that to be misconstrued. We appreciate your feedback. Thank You!

Scott stratton Flushing, MI

STAY AWAY!!! I had a system installed in November 2020 yesterday 6/4/2021 we failed another inspection. They have had to move panels twice on my roof already. Now with this failed inspection there are 4 more panels to be moved. However there is nowhere else to move them. Not to mention the completely crap job they did at patching the damage to my roof from the other panels that had to be moved. They keep sending technicians that have no idea what they are coming to make adjustments to, and who don't have materials with them needed either. The last person they sent to go over the job with my inspector was an electrician. Our current issue however is not passing building code. While the electrician was at my home waiting for the inspector however, he did find several more issues with how the electrical was ran during the installation. So great, I have more failed inspections to come. ARE YOU SERIOUS... GER YOUR HEADS OUT OF YOUR ARS!!! This is not even scratching the surface at my dis satisfaction with this company. I have had solar installed on homes before in other states and had wonderful experiences. Power Home is just interested in the sale there quality of work and customer satisfaction is in the crapper. GO ANYWHERE ELSE!!!

Reply from POWERHOME Solar

Mr. Stratton, I am so sorry to hear about the issues that you have been dealing with thus far. We do pride ourselves at Powerhome Solar with giving our customers a great experience and white glove service. I can see in this case we have dropped the ball and for that I am truly sorry. I did review your case and see that we have since issued reimbursements for the time your system has not been up and running as well as have a set date of 11/6 to finish installation with one of our top teams. I am hopeful that this will be able to wrap up your installation and get your system up and running like it should. If you have any other issues please reach out to your concierge, as I see she has been maintaining contact throughout this with you.

Clifton VanArtsdalen Shickshinny, PA

That five star rating is for today. It does not represent the total experience with power home. The representative I worked with today answered all my questions and is helping me. But I have experience a difference between verbal expectations an actual written expectations

Reply from POWERHOME Solar

Hello Clifton, We truly appreciate your feedback regarding your recent and past experience! It is a pleasure to know that you are pleased with today's performance. We are working diligently on enhancing each area within our company to express the value of our customers. If you have any additional assistance that is needed please be sure to contact us! Thank you!

Dec. 28th, 2021

Mongo Harley Slatington, PA

The salesman, Mike, was very nice and professional. High-pressure sales tactics made my spidey senses tingle. In the end, I didn't sign the contract because the price was just too high. My gut feeling was that I was being taken for a ride. After some research and seeing the reviews and complaints about PHS, I feel like a dodged a bullet.

Reply from POWERHOME Solar

Hello, we're sorry about the experience that you've had with us here at PowerHome Solar. A representative will be reaching out to try and correct this issue and see what we can do to further assist, if possible. Thank you.

Sep. 3rd, 2021

Larry Langenderfer Mason, OH

I would give it negative stars if I could. Was installed in November 2020 and have been waiting 6 months now to get final approval and actually turn the system on. I've been paying on the system since February though. The sales lady was nice and that's about the only good thing I can say. The crew came out and showed no care for my property. Cut through telephone lines and drainage system without attempting to inform me of the damage. Cracked my driveway and destroyed my lawn driving the bobcat all over. Worst experience with a contractor ever

Reply from POWERHOME Solar

Hi Larry, here at PowerHome we pride ourselves on our high quality and high standards. And in this instance, we clearly dropped the ball. We will be reaching out to you personally to touch bases; we want to learn more about your experience and how we can rectify these concerns.

Rachel Haratz Pooler, GA

Power Home Solar, LLC sold us on this solar program being offered by Ameren and they are required to offer a percentage of its customers solar. At 66 years old I now stuck with a 20 year loan that will end up costing me $72,000. They have a class action lawsuit, a business insider investigation, and almost 300 complaints on the BBB website!!! I encourage you to research this company. I hope they all sleep at night knowing what they are doing to us! Oh and by the way employees have backed up Business Insider investigation

Reply from POWERHOME Solar

Hello Rachel, we would like to apologize for your negative experience with our company. We’d like to learn more about your specific situation and address the concerns you have. You can be expecting an email or a phone call from a representative to assist you with your concerns.

Linda Kidd Tremont, IL

Curteous and knowledgeable people. Fast

Reply from POWERHOME Solar

Hello Linda, Thank you so much for your feedback. We truly appreciate and honor that another valued customer is satisfied. If you ever find yourself in need of further assistance, please feel free to contact us. Thank you!

John Chapin

Very perfessional and polite and rather enjoyable

Reply from POWERHOME Solar

Hello John, We are truly honored that you have not only chose us to be your solar providers, but in addition have enjoyed your experience. Your feedback is truly appreciated! If you ever find yourself in need of any assistance, please feel free to contact us at any time. We hope that you have a wonderful day, and wish you the best of luck with your solar system! Thank you!

M simmons Howell, MI

I’ve been arguing with them for months over equipment that is not working. I’ve constantly been getting the run around with no end in site. They promise a lot but deliver nothing. Very frustrating company to deal with. Stay away from them.

Reply from POWERHOME Solar

Hello M Simmons, I do apologize for the lack of response and want to be as much assistance regarding this concern that I possibly can. Would you be able to please provide me with the name listed on your account so that I can look into this matter and follow up with you? I look forward to your response and assisting with your concerns. Thank You!

Country Boy Herington, KS

Don't use these folks they bombarded us with calls daily. Salesman gave us a long list of BS. Thank God he said we didn't qualify got the same system for less and reliability here sucks. Never on time and do not return calls. Did not get all information needed to qualify us, it was a gift to be denied🙃😊 negative 3 stars(-3)

Reply from POWERHOME Solar

Hello, It is unfortunate that we did not have the pleasure of servicing your home and being your solar provider. However, we are pleased to know that you were able to receive a solar system. We appreciate your feedback and wish you the best of luck! Thank You!

Jeff Smith Newport News, VA

Almost one year into having the initial installation "completed." Four failed inspections, a dozen service calls, and wear and tear on my family... the panels are STILL not operational!!! Avoid this company at all cost. If anyone has info on a class action lawsuit, please let me know!

Jean Bovard Murphy Charlottesville, VA

This is the worst company that I have ever worked with in my lifetime. I am 70 years old! Their customer service is horrible. The company treats their employees horribly. Never ever use this company.

Reply from POWERHOME Solar

Hello Jean, We completely understand your frustration and feel it is very unfortunate when looking into your account and confirming the project has been cancelled. Delivering the white glove customer experience is something we are currently working diligently to ensure is provided. We truly appreciate all of your feedback and wish you the best of luck! Thank You!

Denise Farag Loveland, OH

Great people all around. Start to finish they answered all my questions. Awesome job

Reply from POWERHOME Solar

Hi Denise, thank you for taking the time to review us, we value our customers’ opinions and appreciate your feedback, enjoy your new system!

Sharon Williams Sterling, VA

This is a terrible company. I have to have my roof replaced and i need to pay them 2900.00 to take the solar panels down. The roof is leaking and i have mold my 3 bedrooms. They are not helpful at all. I am looking a legal options They did not tell me about this. Please dont install their solar panels.

Reply from POWERHOME Solar

Hi Sharon, thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We apologize for any inconveniences this caused for you. We will be reaching out to see how we can assist with this situation.

Philip Hamilton Tower City, PA

One star is too generous. Sales men are there to make money but I can not believe how many lies we were told. He admitted to me that he does not offer the other options or the cheaper options. I looked local and found a man that would give me a similar system, better, and for less than half the price. I'm saying, don't go in being aware of all your options, don't have anything to do with them. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Reply from POWERHOME Solar

Hi Philip, we apologize we did not meet your expectations. We take pride with every interaction we have, and we apologize if we missed the mark here. We will be contacting you to see how we can address and rectify your concerns.

Esther Hong Gainesville, VA

Overall good experience …only cons, process with inspection and repeat work order and another inspection… taking too long.

Reply from POWERHOME Solar

Hello Esther, We truly appreciate your feedback regarding your solar experience. However, we do apologize for the delay regarding your inspection. After reviewing your account, I have verified that we are consistently working to get the discrepancies taken care of. If you need any further assistance, your Concierge should be more than happy to help. If you are in need of additional assistance, please contact our Customer Solutions department at 833-423-1132 option #3. We hope that you continue you enjoy the good experience of going solar with PowerHome. Thank You!

Nov. 29th, 2021