Fidelity Home Energy Logo

Fidelity Home Energy

5.4

LAST UPDATED: June 17th, 2021

Fidelity Home Energy's core philosophy is to provide exceptional customer service and to ensure that all of its customers are satisfied. The company's vision is to be revered as the prime choice for energy efficient installations in the United States, and its mission is to offer the highest quality products and services while providing a rewarding work environment to its associates.

The Good

• High Quality Equipment
  • Solar System Monitoring
  • End-to-End Project Management
  • Financing Options

High Quality Equipment

Fidelity Home Energy offers Hanwha Q-Cell solar panels, which have a black-framed, low-profile design; can withstand hurricane force winds with ease; and have the ability to withstand golfball-sized hail at 65 mph. These panels come with a 12-year product warranty and a 25-year performance guarantee. In addition to providing high quality panels, Fidelity Home Energy offers optimized inverters produced by SolarEdge.

Solar System Monitoring

Fidelity Home Energy gives its customers the ability to monitor their solar energy systems with state-of-the-art convenience. The monitoring system allows users to track production in real-time from anywhere in the world using any web-enabled device.

End-to-End Project Management

Fidelity Home Energy takes care of all aspects of the solar project, including drawing the plans, completing all required paperwork, and obtaining necessary permits.

Financing Options

Fidelity Home Energy has partnered with leading financial institutions in the U.S. to help customers secure financing for a solar energy system. Loans are available through CaliforniaFIRST and Mosaic.

The Bad

Limited Availability

Currently, Fidelity Home Energy only offers solar energy systems in the Bay Area in California.

The Bottom Line

Fidelity Home Energy is a solid, experienced solar energy company that offers high quality equipment, system monitoring, end-to-end project management, and financing options. However, the company's service area is limited to California's Bay Area.

View Best Solar Companies

3.2

disappointed customer Los Angeles, CA

What my salesperson told me was far from the truth. No follow up . Did not ever return calls or emails. All phone numbers, and contacts no longer can be reached. Purchased forty-two panels and still pay over $360.00 a month.

john g Del Mar, CA

I had a large home system installed in 2015. It has been under producing from day one. I filed a complaint with the CSLB in 2016 and there have been 5 inspections regarding code violations, under production, and roof damage. The CSLB inspectors alone found $85,000 repairs required for a $95,000 system. The case is set for arbitration in San Diego Aug 2018. I have spent literally hundreds of hours back and forth with Fidelity, and eventually with the CSLB and attorneys and expert witnesses. This has been my experience.

Todd D'Amelio

I wish to God I had used another company. I had an installer break a support joist in my attic then step through the ceiling into my master bath. it took close to 2 weeks before I was able to use my shower. Repair was just an average job AND left me to prime and paint. They had also installed system improperly and was not generating power for the first 9 months . I can't wait to discover the next problem. There customer service is a joke. There is more I could write but will refrain. Beware.

Greg Rogowski Livermore, CA

Beware, beware, beware of this company. Fraudulent sales people, liers, and discriminators. Poor installation, used parts, no follow-up service. Lost a lawsuit that stated not working with middle eastern, Indian and other minorities. Had to move out of Alameda County because of this. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!!

Ronald Oswald Northridge, CA

Contract says will provide 33% of power. It only gives me less than 1%. In December 2015 they promised to respond by end of month. They did not. I have left phone messages every month since then and have NEVER received a return call!!! It is now March, 2018!!!

Philip Sonoma, CA

OMG, how do I contact this company? Pushy salesperson swindled me into buying these panels. They haven't been working for a year and I can't reach them on any contact that is on the web.