Erus Energy

5.0

LAST UPDATED: May 19th, 2022

Erus Energy was founded in 2004 and currently serves more than 15,000 residential solar customers across Arizona, Texas, and New Mexico. The solar company provides multiple financing options as well as additional home improvement services. In 2018, the solar installation company was named a "Top 500 Solar Contractor" by Solar Power World magazine.

SunPower Logo
#1 SunPower chevron_right
ADT Solar Logo
#2 ADT Solar chevron_right

The Good

• Premier Solar Equipment
  • Buy, Loan, Lease, or PPA
  • Solar Energy Storage
  • Maintenance and Repair

Premier Solar Equipment

Erus Energy offers homeowners some of the best solar panels and solar inverters available today. SunPower solar panels, widely considered to be top-of-the-line, and average around 22.8 percent energy efficiency, which is second to none.Meanwhile, the company sources its solar micro inverters from Enphase, an industry leader in solar energy monitoring and conversion technology.

Solar solutions from both SunPower and Enphase come with solar industry-leading 25-year equipment warranties, which means every Erus Energy solar energy system is protected against product defects for its entire lifetime.

Buy, Loan, Lease, or PPA

Erus Energy customers have multiple financing options available to them. Depending on the homeowner's energy needs and budget, Erus Energy's solar experts might recommend one or more of the following alternatives:

• Cash Purchase — buy the system out of pocket, and receive a 26 percent federal investment tax credit
  • Solar Loan — finance the solar system for zero money down, and still receive the federal tax credit
  • Solar Lease — "rent" the solar system for no money upfront at a monthly rate that's lower than your current electric bill
  • Solar PPA — only pay for the energy your system produces each month, at a fixed rate, for less than the monthly utility bill

Solar Energy Storage

Homeowners can add Erus Energy's solar backup battery, which can harness excess solar power the system produces and use it during the night time or in the event of a power outage. Erus Energy's battery solutions can easily integrate with any existing system.

Maintenance and Repair

The Erus Assurance plan is designed to provide ongoing maintenance and repair to customers' solar panel systems, and include the following services:

• System Monitoring
  • Preventative Maintenance Visits
  • Remote Troubleshooting with Customer Service
  • New Roof Removal and Installation
  • System Upgrades
  • And More

The Bad

• Limited Availability
  • Short Workmanship Warranty
  • Not NABCEP Certified

Limited Availability

Erus Energy is only available in three states (New Mexico, Arizona, and Texas). Promoting verified Erus Energy reviews can be an effective way for the company to stand apart from the competition.

Short Workmanship Warranty

Erus Energy only attaches a two-year workmanship warranty to its solar installation projects, which is considered on the low end when compared to leading solar providers that offer 10 or even 25 years. The workmanship warranty is designed to protect the system from defects caused during the installation process.

Not NABCEP Certified

The company does not appear to have a certification from the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP), a highly regarded organization that produces the most rigorous certification programs in the solar industry. While this in no way implies poor installation quality on the part of the company, an NABCEP certification can indicate to customers that a solar installer's technicians have undergone advanced, additional training to ensure solar panel systems are installed properly.

The Bottom Line

Erus Energy installs qualify solar energy systems and provides customers with a variety of financing options to help them invest in clean, renewable energy while also saving on their utility bill. Its short workmanship warranty and lack of NABCEP certification may set the company at a disadvantage to competing solar providers, but customers from Phoenix to Austin are encouraged to obtain a quote from Erus Energy.

3.3

Roger Hallie Albuquerque, NM

We just recently had our panels installed by Erus Energy, and I must say they were very professional and completed the install in about six hours. One panel was damaged and replaced immediately. In regards as to why we chose Erus Energy, Chaz V and Ray H were very informative, and discussed with us about the superior quality of the Erus Energy products. I was concerned that there be no penetrations in our roof, and as a result, a ballast system was used in which concrete blocks are used on the framework to secure the panels. The reason for the four star rating is that we have not had El Paso Electric complete their inspection, and as a result, we are as of this date not connected. When considering a solar company, I would definitely give Erus Energy a call.

Maria Elena Trejo El Paso, TX

I’ve been impressed with Erus . So far, my panels have needed only one service call. The job was done well. The technician informed us of the problem and told us what he was going to fix. I was also impressed by the follow up call I received from Joe Hernandez. He explained how I could download the app on my phone, letting me know how I could view energy use. He answered my questions and gave me a phone number I could use if I had any further questions or concerns. Moving to solar energy was a good move!

Reply from Erus Energy

Thank you so much for your kind words and appreciation for Joe! Erus Energy prides itself in having exceptional team members to take care of our customers and I'm thrilled to hear that you had a great experience. As always, if you have an questions or concerns, please don't ever hesitate to reach out to the Erus Energy support team at 844-272-8336!

Apr. 30th, 2020

E.Caballero

Nice work, clean . Seems like a very trustworthy company.y

Reply from Erus Energy

Mr. Caballero, Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback! If there were any issues that you would like to discuss further that prevented you from leaving a 5-star review, please don't hesitate to reach out to me and I'll be happy to discuss your concerns! As a company we are constantly striving to improve our processes to make sure that our customers receive the best experience. Please feel free to reach out to me by phone at 844-272-8336 and ask for Regional Manager, Kayla Swisher, or by email at [email protected]

May. 26th, 2020